Romney: Vote for love of country, not revenge

posted at 11:31 am on November 3, 2012 by Erika Johnsen

ICYMI, on the campaign trail on Ohio on Friday, the president had just a few choice words about why people should get out and vote in response to rally-goers booing at the mention of Mitt Romney.

I won’t even waste a facepalm on this swing-and-a-miss, but I have to wonder: What, exactly, was the president thinking here? (I think it’s safe to guess that that was not on the teleprompter.) I realize it was meant to be a casually funny, throwaway remark, but when you’ve run such a doggedly negative campaign and people are craving that good ol’ Hopenchange spirit of days gone by, it just sounds snide and petty. This is the time in the race when you’d think both candidates would be going for an uplifting, positive tone, and “revenge” is a pretty harsh and loaded word that begs some logical questions: Revenge against whom? The GOP candidate who’s had the audacity to challenge him and his failed policies in this pesky democratic system of ours? Or, perhaps, could it be for revenge against the stagnant economy and failed policies of the last four years? That would make much more sense.

What’s more, it sets Romney up for some wholesome rejoinders, like this one:

Did you see what President Obama said today? He asked his supporters to vote for “revenge.” For “revenge.” Instead, I ask the American people to vote for love of country.

Easy peasy. This was at a mega-rally in Ohio last night, by the way, that turned up tens of thousands of supporters and included dozens of bigtime GOPers who’ll be stumping on Romney’s behalf throughout the battleground states in the closing days. Coming to a swing state near you, via CNN:

At least 40 of those surrogates appeared at the chilly outdoor rally with Romney and Ryan that drew a massive audience in the Cincinnati suburb– crowd estimates ranged from 18,000 to 30,000 – and included a performance by Kid Rock, who belted out “Born Free” from on top of a piano.

Guests included 2008 GOP presidential nominee Arizona Sen. John McCain; Sen. Marco Rubio of Florida; House Speaker John Boehner of Ohio; and former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani who delivered a series of blistering zingers against the president who rallied the crowd with line after line of reasons why Obama should “resign” and faulting him for “incompetence” over the Libya consulate attacks. …

Of the GOP powerhouse Romney said, “They are about to Fan out across the entire nation to make sure we have victory on November 6, and some comic on the team has named us the Romney-Ryan Real Recovery Road Rally – I got it out – that’s R6 for short.They’re going to make sure we win. Ohio is the center place. We’re going to make sure this is the place we take. And we’re going to take back the White House.”

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Does anybody know in which thread of yesterday gumbey confessed that he is paid 100 dollars to come here? I wonder if this is a violation of the TOS of this site and if it is a bannable offence.

jimver on November 3, 2012 at 3:48 PM

Ozero has been exacting revenge on America for 4 years. How the people in his little crowd can cheer him on is beyond me. FEMA had a week to get stuff into position before the storm hit. They did nothing. Has Doomberg even opened any shelters yet? Maybe he should call Jindal to get some emergency pointers.

Kissmygrits on November 3, 2012 at 3:51 PM

jimver on November 3, 2012 at 3:48 PM

I didn’t see it myself, but I did see it mentioned later. I can’t remember which thread, because he seemed to be at every one I looked at.

INC on November 3, 2012 at 3:54 PM

Great Ad by Team/Ryan

Looks like it’s gone viral

Obama’s Meltdown is epic

workingclass artist on November 3, 2012 at 3:58 PM

I think it is to late in the game now for Gov. Romney to bring this up but I just read that there has been a plan in the works to build a barrier to protect NYC from flooding like the one that was build in St. Petersburg. Apparently it is suppose cost $10 billion.. Now it seems to me that if Odumbass had spent some of his $800 billion Porkulous on this and maybe an upgrade on the grid, he might has a case of reelection. Instead all he did was give money to contributors so they could declare bankruptcy and leave the American taxpayer holding the bag. He really needs to go away.

Cindy Munford on November 3, 2012 at 3:58 PM

The tragedy of the black family today is almost as bad as the destitution of the 1870s.

A president – of any color – who can honestly try to address and rebuild the black family- would be my hero. I don’t like seeing my fellow citizens sunk into the sorry state that so much of black America has fallen into. I want to see them lifted up, and then to lift themselves up.

cane_loader on November 3, 2012 at 1:22 PM

^^^This^^^

Solaratov on November 3, 2012 at 3:23 PM

The best part is how my best friend of 40 years and I haven’t spoken in 3 years now, since he wrote me that I was racist for opposing 0bama’s policies, and how my living in the South was proof.

Somebody ought to show him what I wrote above, and ask him if someone who hates blackpeople would write that.

cane_loader on November 3, 2012 at 4:02 PM

Cindy Munford on November 3, 2012 at 3:58 PM

Cindy, that makes my head swim.

Sort of like 0bama’s meme that the rich paying their “fair share” will end the deficit.

Sort of like scrapping the USS Enterprise next year to save a few million, and leave us one carrier down until 2015.

cane_loader on November 3, 2012 at 4:04 PM

I smell libfreeordie…it stinks.

CW on November 3, 2012 at 3:36 PM

What does this mean?

Are you referring to me?

cane_loader on November 3, 2012 at 4:04 PM

jimver on November 3, 2012 at 3:48 PM

INC on November 3, 2012 at 3:54 PM

I know, quite a daunting task to sieve through the overwhelming amount of claymation posts…umm, I mean stream of connsciousness :)…

jimver on November 3, 2012 at 4:07 PM

I’m seeing lots of anti-Obama ads in California.

It would be soooo sweet if he took the state!!

PattyJ on November 3, 2012 at 4:10 PM

Cindy Munford on November 3, 2012 at 3:58 PM

That. Shovel ready projects, riiiight….Money spent (wasted) to pay back his bundlers for most part. The US grid is antiquated to say the least, power connections shoud be burried underground, and it should have been done a long time ago for large portions /sections, especially in areas that are likely to get tropical storms, hurricanes, etc. The costs of putting the cables underground is undeniably high, but he coud have used the money wasted on Solyndra and all hose failed ‘green’ projects to modernize the power grid. It really is surreal what’s happening with our power grid.

jimver on November 3, 2012 at 4:16 PM

Off to knock on doors for Romney!

See ya in QOTD

Jvette on November 3, 2012 at 4:22 PM

Perfect analogy.. Carter v. Reagan and Obama v. Romney

Key West Reader on November 3, 2012 at 4:23 PM

The problem with the black-grievance mentality is that actually, in the ’60s, they had made huge strides. Yet instead of focusing on workiong hard and enjoying the new-found equality, college professors and race-shillers found a way to make a living by recycling the past grievances, instead of buckling down to hard work.

…..
cane_loader on November 3, 2012 at 1:22 PM

I smell libfreeordie…it stinks.

CW on November 3, 2012 at 3:36 PM

You need a Nose Transplant.

Del Dolemonte on November 3, 2012 at 4:25 PM

There are some PPP polls the last two days that I find very interesting.

MA Obama +15 (won by 26 in 08)
OR Obama +6 (won by 16 in 08)
WA Obama +7 (won by 17 in 08)
CT Obama +12 (won by 22 in 08)

Obama is bleeding support in all these deeply blue states by 10% or more, but we are supposed to believe he’s built support in redder states like Ohio, Virginia, and Florida? It is absolutely absurd.

RepublicanInMA on November 3, 2012 at 4:28 PM

‘Toon of the Day: A Picture Says A Thousand Words

Resist We Much on November 3, 2012 at 4:26 PM

that needs to go viral.

Key West Reader on November 3, 2012 at 4:32 PM

‘Toon of the Day: A Picture Says A Thousand Words

Resist We Much on November 3, 2012 at 4:26 PM

Wow, am speechless…

jimver on November 3, 2012 at 4:39 PM

jimver on November 3, 2012 at 4:16 PM

It’s crazy, there really were shovel ready things that the federal government could be constitutionally responsible for instead he’s trying to ramp up the unicorn fart business. The guy is a disaster and I don’t know how he could possibly be reelected. Please, God, don’t let me find out.

Cindy Munford on November 3, 2012 at 4:42 PM

Resist We Much on November 3, 2012 at 4:26 PM

Hilarious, true, and sad at the same time. And much better than anything John Stewart ever did.

farsighted on November 3, 2012 at 4:44 PM

cane_loader on November 3, 2012 at 4:04 PM

Well the rich that support them don’t care if he raises taxes, they don’t plan on paying anyway. At least Marc Rich left the country.

Cindy Munford on November 3, 2012 at 4:46 PM

Resist We Much on November 3, 2012 at 4:26 PM

Excellent, RWM. I enjoyed the stroll through your blog today very much. Very informative, and entertaining, as always. Thanks.

thatsafactjack on November 3, 2012 at 4:51 PM

New Non-Scientific (it’s online) C-BS “poll” out of their Minneapolis Affiliate:

Did President Obama’s handling of Hurricane Sandy’s aftermath;

Help his chances of re-election

Hurt his chance of re-election

Have no effect on his chances of re-election

So far, the results are:

25.33% say it will help his chances of re-election

40.17% say it will hurt his chances of re-election

34.5% say it will have no effect on his chances of re-election.

Must be that thing about FEMA running out of water, or something!

Link to the “poll”. It’s in the lower right corner.

Del Dolemonte on November 3, 2012 at 4:52 PM

Cindy Munford on November 3, 2012 at 4:46 PM

Excellent point, Cindy. Did you note the timing of the Lucas/Starwars sellout?

thatsafactjack on November 3, 2012 at 4:52 PM

RepublicanInMA on November 3, 2012 at 4:28 PM

The latest Boston Globe “poll” also showed that-Dear Leader was leading in MA just 4 weeks ago by 28 points, but he’s blown 14 points off of that.

Del Dolemonte on November 3, 2012 at 4:53 PM

thatsafactjack on November 3, 2012 at 4:52 PM

I did, I think I saw a headline that said he was going to donate the money…….more tax deductions.

Cindy Munford on November 3, 2012 at 4:59 PM

Problems in Paradise:

Team Obama’s so screwed up in OH, Stevie Wonder did an event this morning in Cleveland and only 200 showed up. They’d emailed some 34,000 supporters just hours before the event.

TXUS on November 3, 2012 at 5:08 PM

TXUS on November 3, 2012 at 5:08 PM

Nobody tell Stevie! God will get me for that.

Cindy Munford on November 3, 2012 at 5:09 PM

So, I have to tell this.

Today I got up at 4am to early vote. I figured if I got there at 7am I could get in and out. No chance. There was no place to park, so we (me and my parents) walked 1/2 mile and then stood in line for 2 hours. Obama people were prevalent, setting up free cookie tables — NO TAKERS. Everyone just sort of stood there, not saying much.

This afternoon I was driving past again and the line was just as long as it was at 7am.

I think this is going to be a landslide for Romney.

Key West Reader on November 3, 2012 at 5:11 PM

Cindy Munford on November 3, 2012 at 4:59 PM

Yes. Exactly. Also, under Romney/Ryan plan those deductions, loopholes go away, as well as most subsidies for the film industry.

thatsafactjack on November 3, 2012 at 5:14 PM

What I think he would do would be to express sympathy for the rioters’ motivations… how they felt that justice had been denied… subtly undercutting Romney’s legitimacy, and never make a firm call to quell the riots.

cane_loader on November 3, 2012 at 1:17 PM

Obama: If I had sons, they’d look like these rioters.

petefrt on November 3, 2012 at 5:22 PM

Nobody tell Stevie! God will get me for that.

Cindy Munford on November 3, 2012 at 5:09 PM

Oh, you are terrible! haha

Anti-Control on November 3, 2012 at 5:27 PM

So, I have to tell this.

I think this is going to be a landslide for Romney.

Key West Reader on November 3, 2012 at 5:11 PM

When considering what you witnessed, plus stories like this while Mitt is drawing 30,000 in Oiho:

Problems in Paradise:

TXUS on November 3, 2012 at 5:08 PM

it’s hard to think otherwise!

Anti-Control on November 3, 2012 at 5:32 PM

TXUS on November 3, 2012 at 5:08 PM

Mrs. Obama and Mr. Wonder were here in Jacksonville the other day and got 4700 people in a venue that holds 6000. Not bad.

Cindy Munford on November 3, 2012 at 5:36 PM

Cindy Munford on November 3, 2012 at 4:46 PM

That’s what they are doing in France right now, businesses are busy leaving, in drones…75% tax, insanely unpalatable even the fashion industry moguls (the luxury industry being one of the few that makes and brings real money and jobs to France) like Karl Lagerfeld and the Louis Vuitton CEO declared Hollande to be insane. Lagerfeld actually said in an interview that Hollande is destroying France’s economy. But as you said, they call him crazy, and then they leave. Bernard Arnault, the Louis Vuitton chief and the richest man in France ‘coincidentally’ applied for Belgian citizenship a few weeks before Hollande announced his tax hike on the rich (after he campaigned and was elected on that). So, where does that leave you revenue-wise if you, as a leader of a country, bank it all on the rich paying more…they won’t pay more, and they know it and we know it. they will leave, but not pay. To me it just shows how disturbed and disconneced from reality these socialists are….

jimver on November 3, 2012 at 5:38 PM

He can sink the economy and campaign and golf and vacation a great deal
But taking any responsibly for anything to him just does not appeal
He has less class than the back of a twisted hack
When he cries for anyone but himself the tears run down his back
If he would just take responsibility sometime somewhere
The MSM frogs would probably give him the Croix-de-Guerre
He has profound delusions and spews such a crock
On him complete madness will soon have a full head lock
He has so many pathologies it would make Freud’s knees knock
And when on November 6 he loses the face he makes will stop a cuckoo clock
You might forget his incessant lies and grating yell
But you’ll never forget the President from Hell

VorDaj on November 3, 2012 at 5:41 PM

Nobody tell Stevie! God will get me for that.

Cindy Munford on November 3, 2012 at 5:09 PM

Husband just said that exact thing. You know we were all thinking it.

talkingpoints on November 3, 2012 at 5:42 PM

So, I have to tell this.

I think this is going to be a landslide for Romney.

Key West Reader on November 3, 2012 at 5:11 PM

heh, let them eat their own cookies and chike on them :)…Thank you for your and your family’s vote!!

jimver on November 3, 2012 at 5:42 PM

Choke that is….

jimver on November 3, 2012 at 5:43 PM

jimver on November 3, 2012 at 5:38 PM

The sad thing is that their french employees probably don’t have the wherewithal to follow them, leaving France in an even bigger bind. These politicians are BRILLIANT!!!!

Cindy Munford on November 3, 2012 at 5:43 PM

talkingpoints on November 3, 2012 at 5:42 PM

Yeah, it was just to neatly over the plate to ignore.

Cindy Munford on November 3, 2012 at 5:45 PM

I think this is going to be a landslide for Romney.

Key West Reader on November 3, 2012 at 5:11 PM

Romney supporters shoulld have taken the cookies to redistribute them.

talkingpoints on November 3, 2012 at 5:46 PM

Here are where both candidates and VP’s have gone today and will go the next couple days. Obama’s schedule is unknown for the 5th though I didn’t really look that hard.

Obama

Biden: Lancaster, OH

Nov 5 (mostly unknown)
Bill Clinton: 4 events in PA

Romney
Nov 3
Newington, NH
Dubuque, IA (Obama follows Romney in this city)
Colorado Springs, CO w/ Ann

Nov 5
Sanford, FL (new)
Lynchburg, VA
Fairfax, VA (new)
Columbus, OH w/ Ann
Manchester, NH
Paul: Reno, NV (NEVADA!!!)
Paul: Johnstown, CO
Paul: Des Moines, IA
Paul: Vienna, OH
Paul: Milwaukee, WI

It appears that most of Obama’s events are wasted on the 4th. I like how Ryan is going to MN and NV. NV isn’t lost yet. In fact, if turnout is good for GOP, it could very likely be an upset. Paul finished in OH and WI. Romney finishes in FL, VA, OH and NH (near Boston).

You can always tell who’s winning with where they are going. Romney and Ryan are trying to secure their leads and get gains in other areas. What is Obama doing?

MrX on November 3, 2012 at 5:48 PM

On Nov. 7th, Thank a Catholic: Obama’s support among Catholics has collapsed. BONUS – only 45 attend “Catholics for Obama” rally and bishops are having priests read letters this Sunday specifically touching on “religious freedom”.

Doubt me not when I say: MASSIVE LANDSLIDE.

Mutnodjmet on November 3, 2012 at 5:58 PM

jimver on November 3, 2012 at 5:38 PM

Cindy Munford on November 3, 2012 at 5:43 PM

Exactly right. Some young people and young families without kids do move though, England is just across the channel and at least they are protecting the City there, through a set of policies that insulate them from the fiscal insanity and the money blackhole that is the EU, the financial industry being pretty much all that’s left of the UK and their only big asset….

jimver on November 3, 2012 at 6:01 PM

Obama had a HUGE early voting day in Cuyahoga county, OH today. Almost erased all the deficit from 08 in one day. And there’s 2 days left.

All those projections will have to be re-written now.

gumbyandpokey on November 3, 2012 at 6:06 PM

gumbyandpokey on November 3, 2012 at 6:06 PM

Link.

Cindy Munford on November 3, 2012 at 6:08 PM

I smell libfreeordie…it stinks.

CW on November 3, 2012 at 3:36 PM

Not cane_loader, CW.

kim roy on November 3, 2012 at 6:11 PM

Watching Mitt speak in Colorado Springs. He just mentioned voting for love of country, not revenge and referenced the comments made yesterday.

Three more days. He is giving a great speech. We’re Americans, we can do anything. Lack of leadership is what is keeping us from our destiny of greatness. Americans don’t settle: We can do better.

Philly on November 3, 2012 at 6:12 PM

‘Toon of the Day: A Picture Says A Thousand Words

Resist We Much on November 3, 2012 at 4:26 PM

that needs to go viral.

Key West Reader on November 3, 2012 at 4:32 PM

Gave the tweet button a tap.

kim roy on November 3, 2012 at 6:12 PM

cane_loader on November 3, 2012 at 4:02 PM

Now that’s just sad, that he would be willing to dump 37 years of a good friendship down the drain over Obama, who certainly does not have the best interests of the black community at heart. I pray that he has the strength to reflect and realize that your friendship should be more valuable to him than the ephemeral and failed policies of a transient politician.

PatriotGal2257 on November 3, 2012 at 6:17 PM

NV isn’t lost yet.

Actually, early voting wrapped up today, and Dems ended up 7% ahead of Republicans in ballots cast. 70% of voting is done in the early period there. It would take a miracle for there to be the kind of election day turnout to overcome those numbers.

But don’t let reality get in the way.

gumbyandpokey on November 3, 2012 at 6:18 PM

All those projections will have to be re-written now.

gumbyandpokey on November 3, 2012 at 6:06 PM

Well I heard that Mitt had a huge day as well. Totally trumped Obama’s big day.

See I can do it too.

gophergirl on November 3, 2012 at 6:19 PM

Link.

Cindy Munford on November 3, 2012 at 6:08 PM

He has two pieces of paper with some figures written in crayon to prove it.

VegasRick on November 3, 2012 at 6:20 PM

gumbyandpokey on November 3, 2012 at 6:18 PM

Link

Cindy Munford on November 3, 2012 at 6:20 PM

VegasRick on November 3, 2012 at 6:20 PM

LOL!! I still need to see them.

Cindy Munford on November 3, 2012 at 6:21 PM

Obama had no such thing actually. Absolutely no one is going out for him. In fact, democrat pollsters have been calling me all day in a conniption fit.

nitzsche on November 3, 2012 at 6:22 PM

Hooray jingoism!

Dante on November 3, 2012 at 6:22 PM

But don’t let reality get in the way.

gumbyandpokey on November 3, 2012 at 6:18 PM

Speaking of facts, it wrapped up yesterday and any poll that tells you the outcome the next day is working on weak info. Oh, and I early voted yesterday here in NV.

VegasRick on November 3, 2012 at 6:23 PM

He has two pieces of paper with some figures written in crayon to prove it.

VegasRick on November 3, 2012 at 6:20 PM

Dems were about 20% behind their 08 early vote total in Cuyahoga before today. If they come close to matching their total, the race is over before the first tally comes in Tuesday night…

D.M. Hawkins ‏@HawkinsUSA
Nevada completed early voting today. Democrats finish with a 6.9-point turnout advantage over GOP. This will be about 70% of the vote…
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite
1h

D.M. Hawkins ‏@HawkinsUSA

gumbyandpokey on November 3, 2012 at 6:25 PM

VegasRick on November 3, 2012 at 6:23 PM

OH SNAP

gophergirl on November 3, 2012 at 6:25 PM

gumbyandpokey on November 3, 2012 at 6:06 PM

Link.

Cindy Munford on November 3, 2012 at 6:08 PM

You won’t get one. ;)

kim roy on November 3, 2012 at 6:28 PM

VegasRick on November 3, 2012 at 6:20 PM

Links, not some tweet from some other wishcaster.

Cindy Munford on November 3, 2012 at 6:29 PM

kim roy on November 3, 2012 at 6:28 PM

LOL!

Cindy Munford on November 3, 2012 at 6:29 PM

VegasRick on November 3, 2012 at 6:23 PM

He totally wrote that yesterday. ///

Cindy Munford on November 3, 2012 at 6:30 PM

Links, not some tweet from some other wishcaster.

Cindy Munford on November 3, 2012 at 6:29 PM

harry red’s invisible friend told him so. ATOMIC!

VegasRick on November 3, 2012 at 6:31 PM

gumbyandpokey on November 3, 2012 at 6:25 PM

Little boy knows how to use Twitter.

wargamer6 on November 3, 2012 at 6:34 PM

gumbyandpokey on November 3, 2012 at 6:31 PM

Let me guess… You’ll be shaving the Axe Pron Stash.

Key West Reader on November 3, 2012 at 6:35 PM

gumbyandpokey on November 3, 2012 at 6:31 PM

You are assuming that all registered dems are voting for your king. They aren’t.

VegasRick on November 3, 2012 at 6:35 PM

gumbyandpokey on November 3, 2012 at 6:31 PM

Lol Ralston.

wargamer6 on November 3, 2012 at 6:35 PM

wargamer6 on November 3, 2012 at 6:35 PM

I have no idea who or what Ralston is but the article seems to indicate that Republicans still have the advantage in early voting.

Cindy Munford on November 3, 2012 at 6:37 PM

Lol Ralston.

wargamer6 on November 3, 2012 at 6:35 PM

Oh, you know of him as well. liberal clown.

VegasRick on November 3, 2012 at 6:37 PM

Popping out of lurkerdom:

Here’s what gumbo isn’t showing from his D.M. Hawkins @HawkinsUSA tweets:

Cutahoga clear indication of Dem cannibalization, which is why I think he wins there. Trend seems same in NV, but decent final day 1 hour ago

NV not a state Romney needs, which is why he only made the one appearance. But, still within the realm of possibility 1 hour

GOP turnout actually topped Dem turnout in 16 of 17 counties. Of course, that 1 Dem county (Carson City/Vegas) enough to give Dems 67K adv. 1 hour

Cuya OH (Dem main stronghold): with Sat numbers in and 2 short early vote days left, Dems still short -10% of 08 output. Republicans up +40% 1 hour

Every indicator points to a Romney OH win Except the top lines of polls showing historic Dem turnout advantage that hasn’t materialized. 3 hours

I haz Twitter too…

Back to Lurker Mode

Matt Helm on November 3, 2012 at 6:37 PM

But don’t let reality get in the way.

gumbyandpokey on November 3, 2012 at 6:18 PM

It ended yesterday. And it’s not 70%, it’s 50%. Of that, there are independents breaking for Romney. Obama has about a 45K lead. If Obama’s turnout isn’t what it was in 2008, he loses NV.

But don’t let facts get in the way.

Oh, you want more facts? How about the state of NV’s actual site?

Oh oh.

The Dem advantage is 47964. Dems needed 80K to assure victory. GOP needed less than a 30K victory to assure victory. It’s between 30K and 80K. So if the GOP finds 18K more votes than in 2008 or Dems show up less than in 2008, GOP wins.

So sorry to disappoint you. I know how often you’re right (never).

MrX on November 3, 2012 at 6:38 PM

The cold, hard facts are that Obama is getting far less early voters than in 2008 and Romney is getting significantly more than McCain received. All signs point to a huge Republican turnout on election day and a smaller Democrat one than four years ago. Considering that Obama barely eked out a victory in Ohio four years ago, most expect Obama to lose the state this time.

Obama has stumbled and bumbled in the closing days of the campaign. He regularly draws much smaller crowds than Romney and he gave Romney a huge gift at just the right time with the “revenge” comment.

bluegill on November 3, 2012 at 6:38 PM

Back to Lurker Mode

Matt Helm on November 3, 2012 at 6:37 PM

Don’t lurk – post more often cause that was an epic smackdown.

gophergirl on November 3, 2012 at 6:39 PM

Matt Helm on November 3, 2012 at 6:37 PM

Oh snap!

Flora Duh on November 3, 2012 at 6:40 PM

Back to Lurker Mode

Matt Helm on November 3, 2012 at 6:37 PM

FYI. Vegas is in Clark County. Just sayin’

VegasRick on November 3, 2012 at 6:40 PM

Ka-Boom! Atomic Heartache!

President Obama this morning ignored a reporter’s question about the mounting frustration victims of Hurricane Sandy are having with the response to the storm, refusing to let a question from the press interrupt a FEMA photo op in which he was on display taking action.

An excerpt from the press pool report, which starts with a quote from Obama:

“There is nothing more important than us getting this right. And we’re going to spend as much time, effort and energy as necessary to make sure all the people of New York, New Jersey and Connecticut know that the entire country is behind them in this difficult recovery effort.”

He spoke for about five minutes. Pool asked about frustrations of people, particularly Staten Island. He did not respond.

Del Dolemonte on November 3, 2012 at 6:42 PM

Endless lawsuits, , and fingernail marks in the resolute desk from Barry BAMSTAHHHHHHH!!!!! YOU DA MANNNNNNNNNNN BAMMMMMMMY BABYYYY!!! LOVE YA BARRY OL BUDDY OL PALLLLLLL!!!!!! YAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kat on 11:53

cableguy615 on November 3, 2012 at 6:43 PM

Del Dolemonte on November 3, 2012 at 6:42 PM

Maybe extending the voting in NY isn’t such a bad idea LOL – these people ought to be good and ticked off if they aren’t already.

Read that FEMA ran out of water today. But it’s okay cause Obama is wearing a bomber jacket.

gophergirl on November 3, 2012 at 6:44 PM

gophergirl on November 3, 2012 at 6:44 PM

I said the same thing earlier. Fair or not, I don’t think incumbents fair well in the midst of a disaster.

Cindy Munford on November 3, 2012 at 6:47 PM

gophergirl on November 3, 2012 at 6:44 PM

“Voting is the best revenge”
BO

VegasRick on November 3, 2012 at 6:47 PM

Cindy Munford on November 3, 2012 at 6:47 PM

I thought NYC was supposed to be the most “sophisticated” city in the nation. This is worse than Katrina IMO.

Don’t you think if you were Mayor you would have about 6 emergency plans drawn up for a situation like this. You would have every contingency planned for.

But hey Bloomberg turned down the National Guard in Brooklyn because they had big bad scary guns.

gophergirl on November 3, 2012 at 6:50 PM

OT – Libya

Oh boy

gophergirl on November 3, 2012 at 7:02 PM

Don’t lurk – post more often cause that was an epic smackdown.

gophergirl on November 3, 2012 at 6:39 PM

Not only that, Matt Helm (“The Ambushers” is one of my favorite movies)>James Bond!

Anti-Control on November 3, 2012 at 7:08 PM

PPP tracking poll…

Obama 50
Romney 47

gumbyandpokey on November 3, 2012 at 7:08 PM

gophergirl on November 3, 2012 at 6:50 PM

I don’t know if it is worse than Katrina, so many many things went wrong there. The one thing that is definitely worse are the temperatures. Way way to cold.

Cindy Munford on November 3, 2012 at 7:09 PM

There will come a day, very soon, when we hear the word Obama and everybody laughs.

Like when you trip and fall… OMG, you just did an obama.

Or when you dine and dash… OMG you just pulled an obama.

Or when you get foodstamps for no reason… OMG you just pulled an obama.

Or when you make a riot in a convenience store: OMG they just pulled an obama.

Or when ….

Key West Reader on November 3, 2012 at 7:10 PM

Unless the GOP wins the senate a Romney victory won’t make a lot difference over the next two years. Without the senate in GOP hands Marxist care will be here to stay. Even if the GOP wins the senate I have doubts it will be repealed.

It may only be a matter of time before a financial collapse happens anyway. Thanks to the Marxist in chief and his intentional destructive policies a president Romney may be powerless to prevent it.

What’s truly sad is the mass of idiots who think everything good comes in the form of government money stolen from their fellow citizens.

bgibbs1000 on November 3, 2012 at 7:10 PM

I went to this rally. It was a blast!

kscheuller on November 3, 2012 at 7:11 PM

gumbyandpokey on November 3, 2012 at 7:08 PM

You put up with a lot of sh*t on here. I hope you will at least attempt to retain some remote shred of dignity. Really.

Key West Reader on November 3, 2012 at 7:11 PM

PPP tracking poll…

Obama 50
Romney 47

gumbyandpokey on November 3, 2012 at 7:08 PM

D+5 is a wack off dream

Pop trying to set the narrative.

Nope Obama is toast and so are you douche

Conservative4ev on November 3, 2012 at 7:12 PM

FEMA has run out of water for Sandy victims

This is becoming a humanitarian disaster.

“FEMA only began to solicit bids for vendors to provide bottled water for distribution to Hurricane Sandy victims on Friday, sending out a solicitation request for 2.3 million gallons of bottled water at the FedBizOpps.gov website. Bidding closed at 4:30 pm eastern.

Breitbart News spoke with contracting officer Annette Wright, who said that the winning vendor would be required to deliver the 2.3 million gallons of bottled water to an East Farmingdale, New York distribution center that was listed in the solicitation request by Monday, November 5th. Ms. Wright was unable to say when or how the water would be delivered from the distribution center to needy Hurricane Sandy victims in New Jersey, Staten Island, Long Island, and other boroughs of New York City. Vendors “are currently being evaluated,”

workingclass artist on November 3, 2012 at 7:12 PM

I see the paid Obama operative gumby is back on HA, furiously fapping for dollars.

I’m not sure, however, who he thinks he’s fooling or what, exactly, he believes he is achieving.

John the Libertarian on November 3, 2012 at 7:15 PM

gophergirl on November 3, 2012 at 7:02 PM

I have to tell you that I am very uncomfortable with public grief of parents. I felt bad for Ms. Sheehan and I feel bad for Mr. Woods and Mrs. Smith but I think they can be to easily exploited.

Cindy Munford on November 3, 2012 at 7:15 PM

Doubt me not when I say: MASSIVE LANDSLIDE.

Mutnodjmet on November 3, 2012 at 5:58 PM