Romney: Vote for love of country, not revenge

posted at 11:31 am on November 3, 2012 by Erika Johnsen

ICYMI, on the campaign trail on Ohio on Friday, the president had just a few choice words about why people should get out and vote in response to rally-goers booing at the mention of Mitt Romney.

I won’t even waste a facepalm on this swing-and-a-miss, but I have to wonder: What, exactly, was the president thinking here? (I think it’s safe to guess that that was not on the teleprompter.) I realize it was meant to be a casually funny, throwaway remark, but when you’ve run such a doggedly negative campaign and people are craving that good ol’ Hopenchange spirit of days gone by, it just sounds snide and petty. This is the time in the race when you’d think both candidates would be going for an uplifting, positive tone, and “revenge” is a pretty harsh and loaded word that begs some logical questions: Revenge against whom? The GOP candidate who’s had the audacity to challenge him and his failed policies in this pesky democratic system of ours? Or, perhaps, could it be for revenge against the stagnant economy and failed policies of the last four years? That would make much more sense.

What’s more, it sets Romney up for some wholesome rejoinders, like this one:

Did you see what President Obama said today? He asked his supporters to vote for “revenge.” For “revenge.” Instead, I ask the American people to vote for love of country.

Easy peasy. This was at a mega-rally in Ohio last night, by the way, that turned up tens of thousands of supporters and included dozens of bigtime GOPers who’ll be stumping on Romney’s behalf throughout the battleground states in the closing days. Coming to a swing state near you, via CNN:

At least 40 of those surrogates appeared at the chilly outdoor rally with Romney and Ryan that drew a massive audience in the Cincinnati suburb– crowd estimates ranged from 18,000 to 30,000 – and included a performance by Kid Rock, who belted out “Born Free” from on top of a piano.

Guests included 2008 GOP presidential nominee Arizona Sen. John McCain; Sen. Marco Rubio of Florida; House Speaker John Boehner of Ohio; and former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani who delivered a series of blistering zingers against the president who rallied the crowd with line after line of reasons why Obama should “resign” and faulting him for “incompetence” over the Libya consulate attacks. …

Of the GOP powerhouse Romney said, “They are about to Fan out across the entire nation to make sure we have victory on November 6, and some comic on the team has named us the Romney-Ryan Real Recovery Road Rally – I got it out – that’s R6 for short.They’re going to make sure we win. Ohio is the center place. We’re going to make sure this is the place we take. And we’re going to take back the White House.”

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 7

So glad he’s back on the campaign trail. Notice how his numbers started to creep up when he took a coupla two, tree days off. He’s looking very small these days. Very angry and very small.

fatigue on November 3, 2012 at 12:12 PM

I’m with you. I put in for a vacation day Wednesday over two months ago, knowing I’d be staying up all night, watching the returns.

PatMac on November 3, 2012 at 12:07 PM

In 3 more days, Michelle Obama will no longer be proud of her country. But, I sure will be proud of mine!

kingsjester on November 3, 2012 at 12:07 PM

This is a really important election for me too. Obama might win. We have to accept that possibility.

Paul-Cincy on November 3, 2012 at 12:12 PM

Nice to see HopeyChangey finally let out his real Chicago Democrat Machine persona for all the world to see.

That should pretty much blow what is left of him being “The One” out of the water!

pilamaye on November 3, 2012 at 12:12 PM

The narcissist:

* Feels entitled. Demands automatic and full compliance with his or her unreasonable expectations for special and favourable priority treatment;

* Is “interpersonally exploitative”, i.e., uses others to achieve his or her own ends;

* Devoid of empathy. Is unable or unwilling to identify with, acknowledge, or accept the feelings, needs, preferences, priorities, and choices of others;

* Constantly envious of others and seeks to hurt or destroy the objects of his or her frustration. Suffers from persecutory (paranoid) delusions as he or she believes that they feel the same about him or her and are likely to act similarly;

* Behaves arrogantly and haughtily. Feels superior, omnipotent, omniscient, invincible, immune, “above the law”, and omnipresent (magical thinking). Rages when frustrated, contradicted, or confronted by people he or she considers inferior to him or her and unworthy.

* Sublimates aggression and holds grudges

Source

Flora Duh on November 3, 2012 at 12:13 PM

But if Romney wins Ohio, I will, despite my best efforts, put on a little dance, with appropriate yelling.

Paul-Cincy on November 3, 2012 at 12:13 PM

Revenge of the liberals.

Bishop on November 3, 2012 at 12:13 PM

If a rightist would have said this, Janet Napolitano would have taken him/her in.

Schadenfreude on November 3, 2012 at 12:11 PM

Hey, cut the bitter little leprechaun some slack. You’d be pissed too once you realized you just flushed a cool mil down the toilet.

Kataklysmic on November 3, 2012 at 12:13 PM

The USA, circa 2012

Fluke the UN and all the leftists, in a very bad way. To Hades with you all.

Schadenfreude on November 3, 2012 at 12:14 PM

It literally boggles the mind just what O is capable of doing during the lame duck session.

I put nothing past that man…

It will be full on destruction…

Romney better come with a suitcase of pens at the ready, man is he gonna get a cramp from rescinding all the EO’s Obama signed.

This is one time I wouldn’t mind a sitting President to ‘robo’ sign!!

Tuesday here we come!!

We will have the last Hoorah!!

Scrumpy on November 3, 2012 at 12:14 PM

I’m still wondering what the president wants *revenge* for. Any liberal commenter care to offer what other American’s have done to Democrats that deserves, *revenge*.

hawkdriver on November 3, 2012 at 11:38 AM

That was my first question, too. *Revenge* for what?

But I guess it fits with his “punish your enemies” meme.

Solaratov on November 3, 2012 at 12:14 PM

If 0bama skipped the inauguration he would join the two Adamses and Andrew Johnson.

Adams Sr. had such a bitter fight with Jefferson that he refused to attend.

Adams Jr. had such a bitter fight with partisan Jacksonians, who smeared his character and said that he was an illegigimate president, that he refused to attend after Jackson snubbed him during the lame-duck period.

Johnson refused to attend U.S. Grant’s inaugural after the impeachment drama, in which Johnson tried to replace Stanton, Lincoln’s Secretary of War, with Grant, and then Grant backed out once Johnson had gone out on the limb, leading to Johnson’s impeachment.

All three boycotts involved intensely controversial presidents.

George W. Bush actually set the example by welcomiong the 0bamas and keeping his head up, even during the “Na Na Na Na, Hey Hey Hey Goodbye” chants.

Here’s the key difference….. Bush was a two-termer.

The Adamses were one-termers and Johnson was a zero-termer.

Does 0bama really want to join that company?

For the rest of his life, he and Jimmy Carter will be fighting to get off the bottom rank for the last century, and Carter showed class to Reagan.

Will 0bama really seal his position as the classless president by boycotting Romney?

Maybe it will come down to whether Michelle is kept locked up until it’s over. Barack may not be calling the shots.

cane_loader on November 3, 2012 at 12:15 PM

A former Democratic aide to Bill and Hillary Clinton is throwing her support behind Mitt Romney in the presidential election, arguing Romney can offer “bipartisan leadership.”

“I know what it means to work across the aisle on issues that are important to the American people,” Gigi Georges, the former Executive Director of the New York State Democratic Party, said Saturday. “And that’s why I am supporting Mitt Romney.”

Georges, a former special assistant to President Clinton, worked on domestic policy issues for the National Economic Council. She also worked in Hillary Clinton’s senate office as state director.

“For most of my life, I’ve been an active Democrat,” she said.

But she argued Saturday that Obama hasn’t worked well with both Republicans and Democrats.

“That’s what President Obama promised to do four years ago,” she said. “But like so many of his promises, bipartisan cooperation is just another one he has broken. We can’t have four more years of failed policies and two parties that can’t work together. We need the change Mitt Romney is offering.”

Romney responded to the endorsement, saying Saturday that, “I look forward to working with her and all Americans who want to move this country forward, whether they be Democrats, Republicans, or Independents.”

Resist We Much on November 3, 2012 at 12:15 PM

Schadenfreude on November 3, 2012 at 12:11 PM

Kataklysmic on November 3, 2012 at 12:13 PM

I’m praying that million bucks comes back to bite his ass off…

SWalker on November 3, 2012 at 12:15 PM

Flora Duh on November 3, 2012 at 12:13 PM

Flora pegs it!!

Best discription I have seen to date…

Thanks!

Scrumpy on November 3, 2012 at 12:15 PM

Wonder if Obama will actually attend the Romney Inaugural?

There is no requirement that a departing president attend.

coldwarrior on November 3, 2012 at 12:04 PM

That would be “unexpected”… but I could deal with it…

Mitt could put Clint Eastwood in Michelle’s chair and leave Obama’s empty for the Inauguration… he wouldn’t have to say a word…

Oh, and if that happened, I doubt that the Obama’s would get that last FREE plane ride on Air Force ONE… I’m just sayin’…

Khun Joe on November 3, 2012 at 12:16 PM

I think that the moment it becomes apparent that Obama is toast the doors of his “Pardons for Cash” operation goes into full swing. He never wants to work again (I know like he’s ever really worked right?) and his library in HI isn’t yet fully funded so my bet is that if you’ve got the cash then you’ll get a pardon, no questions asked. I’m sure the groundwork has been laid for some time in order to ensure that Barry’s future is, shall we say, comfortable.

volnation on November 3, 2012 at 12:16 PM

This is the first time I think I’ve ever agreed with Obama, voting is the best revenge and he’ll get ours on Tuesday.

TXUS on November 3, 2012 at 12:17 PM

That was my first question, too. *Revenge* for what?

But I guess it fits with his “punish your enemies” meme.

Solaratov on November 3, 2012 at 12:14 PM

Good thing Obama’s not a divider.

/Wasn’t told “Lightworker” is a synonym for “Lightweight”

Paul-Cincy on November 3, 2012 at 12:17 PM

Paul-Cincy on November 3, 2012 at 12:13 PM

I’ll be dancing “Humpbot Style”.

TXUS on November 3, 2012 at 12:18 PM

Flora Duh on November 3, 2012 at 12:13 PM

Seeing this, all in one place like this, I recalled various instances throughout Obama’s tenure as president.

“I won”, the speeches full of ‘I’ an ‘me’, recently “…the nation, me…”, that preposterous posing with the head turned and the chin in the air, interrupting his own address to the nation on health care to say ‘the police acted stupidly’ after admitting he didn’t ‘ have all of the facts’, etc. etc.

It’s like a portrait.

Thanks, Flora. Very powerful.

thatsafactjack on November 3, 2012 at 12:18 PM

30,000 strong in Ohio.

3 1/2 minutes of hope.

Yes we can.

TeaNami 2!!…..the next wave.

PappyD61 on November 3, 2012 at 12:20 PM

Mornng Flora, Jackie and all.

Change your clocks tonight and your president on Tuesday.

Schadenfreude on November 3, 2012 at 12:20 PM

Morning…duh

Schadenfreude on November 3, 2012 at 12:20 PM

It’s revenge for ever being critical of His Most Wonderfulness.

You ought to be thanking him, you racists!

(Surely, a sarc tag isn’t necessary.)

SagebrushPuppet on November 3, 2012 at 12:20 PM

Hi Scrumpy – glad you fight!

Schadenfreude on November 3, 2012 at 12:21 PM

I like that Romney’s game plan has been to play the role of the serious, well-adjusted, capable adult in this race, but he should start hitting back a wee bit harder here on out on the stump. You gotta be extra firm when dealing with crazy.

RepubChica on November 3, 2012 at 12:21 PM

Schadenfreude on November 3, 2012 at 12:20 PM

Good morning, Schadenfreude. Thanks for the reminder! ( About the clocks, I mean…I’ve got the other one! :) )

thatsafactjack on November 3, 2012 at 12:21 PM

In PA, it’s the Revenge of the Bitter Clingers. And I won’t boo, Barky: I am voting.

Philly on November 3, 2012 at 12:21 PM

SagebrushPuppet on November 3, 2012 at 12:20 PM

Good sarc never necessitates a tag :)

Schadenfreude on November 3, 2012 at 12:21 PM

Jackie, how many more days?

Schadenfreude on November 3, 2012 at 12:22 PM

Stood in line for exactly two hours yesterday to vote R/R!! I’m in Maryland, but it still felt great!

Dubn8tr on November 3, 2012 at 12:22 PM

Morning…duh

Schadenfreude on November 3, 2012 at 12:20 PM

/slides Schad a nice hot cup of Dark Colombian Roast… ;)

SWalker on November 3, 2012 at 12:22 PM

Schadenfreude on November 3, 2012 at 12:22 PM

THREE! LOL!

thatsafactjack on November 3, 2012 at 12:23 PM

Former Clinton aide backs Mitt Romney over Obama

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2012/11/03/former-clinton-aide-backs-mitt-romney-over-obama/#ixzz2BB3mgMkL

Conservative4ev on November 3, 2012 at 12:23 PM

Morning or noon, or afternoon. Hello world.

I hope on Wednesday you are shocked, shocked, shocked.

Schadenfreude on November 3, 2012 at 12:23 PM

Carter pardoned the Vietnam-War draft-dodgers on Jan. 21, 1977. I was wondering if a president can pardon whole classes of people. I think that my question is answered in that the pardons were available to individuals who asked.

I don’t think 0bama could just pardon all illegals. Pardons have to be done on an individual basis, I think. So 0bama would have to broadcast across America that any illegal border-breaker who wants to come to him and identify themselves gets a pardon.

WOuld the country stand for that? I’m not sure that 0bama wouldn’t finally be dragged out of the White House by a group of patriots, before the inauguration.

Those who went abroad faced imprisonment or forced military service if they returned home. The U.S. continued to prosecute draft dodgers after the end of the Vietnam War. In September 1974, President Gerald R. Ford offered an amnesty program for draft dodgers that required them to work in alternative service occupations for periods of six to 24 months.[29] In 1977, one day after his inauguration, President Jimmy Carter fulfilled a campaign promise by offering pardons to anyone who had evaded the draft and requested one. It antagonized critics on both sides, with the right complaining that those pardoned paid no penalty and the left complaining that requesting a pardon required the admission of a crime.[30]

cane_loader on November 3, 2012 at 12:24 PM

SWalker on November 3, 2012 at 12:22 PM

Thank you, good one. Aside from the sniff of one troll, however far away, that’ll get my brain in gear.

Schadenfreude on November 3, 2012 at 12:24 PM

Jackie, how many more days?

Schadenfreude on November 3, 2012 at 12:22 PM

/Sesame Street’s “The Count” mode on… 4 More Days, One More Day, Two, Two More Days, Three, Three days… 4 4 More Days… :)

SWalker on November 3, 2012 at 12:25 PM

Somewhat OT, but I think that Obama looks and sounds like hell right now. In the recent Red Cross ad he looks pale, in need of a shave and just downright beat. Maybe it’s just me but Romney looks like someone ready to take the reins and Obama looks like someone ready to hand them over.

volnation on November 3, 2012 at 11:43 AM

I think that “look” was done by design, I saw one of his angry female talking heads on ABC anguishing over how the storm was exhausting him with all his caring and everything. (eyeroll)

BettyRuth on November 3, 2012 at 12:25 PM

Three more days – Aloha!

Schadenfreude on November 3, 2012 at 12:25 PM

Revenge of the liberals.

Bishop on November 3, 2012 at 12:13 PM

Revenge of the Turds.

VegasRick on November 3, 2012 at 12:25 PM

Is this big? Or a little big?

Cindy Munford on November 3, 2012 at 12:25 PM

Be more worried about the revenge to come after Bark loses.

Bishop on November 3, 2012 at 12:26 PM

Angry Black man. Correction, Angry Schvatz American.

ardenenoch on November 3, 2012 at 12:26 PM

Did you notice the look on Bronco Bama’s face when he realized what he just said?

mpthompson on November 3, 2012 at 12:26 PM

This Election is going to be a match up between the white vote vs. the minority vote. For Obama, this election is about Demographics and gender. For Romney it’s about running up the white vote. Unlike 2010, black and latino will get out and vote…and it will all come to turn out.

It’s very unfortunate to what’s going on in America but the more Democrats turn to minorities (blacks, latino, Asians) and Republicans turn to the majority white, every presidential Election will be a struggle…

White women are the tiebreaker (especially unmarried white women who tend to lean Democrat for whatever reason)

jules on November 3, 2012 at 12:27 PM

47% Obama – 300+ EVs Romney

Schadenfreude on November 3, 2012 at 12:27 PM

Schadenfreude on November 3, 2012 at 12:22 PM

THREE! LOL!

thatsafactjack on November 3, 2012 at 12:23 PM

4 Jackie… Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday… 4 more days… ;)

SWalker on November 3, 2012 at 12:27 PM

Obama will revenge himself in the lame duck session, the thug of the land.

Schadenfreude on November 3, 2012 at 12:27 PM

Speaking of revenge: We can always count on Bill Maher to be a classless, ignorant jerk. His idea of funny is perverse and racist.

Philly on November 3, 2012 at 12:29 PM

I don’t remember Jimmy Carter doing anything bad between November 1980 and January 1981.

cane_loader on November 3, 2012 at 11:56 AM

Carter wasn’t evil. He was clueless and gutless, but he wasn’t evil or spiteful.

Chewy the Lab on November 3, 2012 at 12:29 PM

VegasRick on November 3, 2012 at 12:25 PM

Ok I’m a little angry that I didn’t think of this.

Bishop on November 3, 2012 at 12:29 PM

On Tuesday I just want to turn on the TV and see all the Obama buttsmoocher media gasping at the masses of Republican voters willing to wait hours in line to oust Obama. I can vote early, but I want to be part of that.

BettyRuth on November 3, 2012 at 12:29 PM

cane_loader on November 3, 2012 at 11:56 AM

Chewy the Lab on November 3, 2012 at 12:29 PM

Wasn’t is the operative word, because that Anti-Semitic phuck sure as hell is now.

SWalker on November 3, 2012 at 12:29 PM

Bish… I fear no stinking revenge from anyone… Let ‘em try…

I have as much skin in this game as everyone else, and so yes, I’ll fight, with words!

Gotta get busy folks…

See ya’all on the flip side!!

Have a great day!

Scrumpy on November 3, 2012 at 12:30 PM

2 hours 15 minutes to vote proudly for RR ticket in this democratic stronghold in FL. And it felt great!

Afternoon all.

CoffeeLover on November 3, 2012 at 12:30 PM

BettyRuth on November 3, 2012 at 12:25 PM

In 2004, when Bush went to the Kerry debate immediately after surveying hurricane damage, no one bothered to ask if that trip was anguishing for him.

lorien1973 on November 3, 2012 at 12:30 PM

Worried and wilting, little trolls,
Clutching and waving fading polls.
Dread foreboding for The One,
Three more days, he’s one and done.

thatsafactjack on November 3, 2012 at 12:30 PM

VegasRick on November 3, 2012 at 12:25 PM

Ok I’m a little angry that I didn’t think of this.

Bishop on November 3, 2012 at 12:29 PM

ROTFLMAO… Sorry Bishop, but even you can’t think up all the good lines… (which is not to say you should quit trying)

SWalker on November 3, 2012 at 12:31 PM

I find it comforting with the names that compose the Romney-Ryan Real Recovery Road Rally.

Obama’s got a group, this weekend too … they’re all celebrities !! Gag.

pambi on November 3, 2012 at 12:31 PM

Scrumpy on November 3, 2012 at 12:15 PM

thatsafactjack on November 3, 2012 at 12:18 PM

The most amazing thing to me is that article was written in 2008, before he was even elected, but it reads like a script that the boy king has followed line by line.

And this may very well show why we have reason to be concerned about what he might do between Tuesday and Jan, 20th if he loses.

The pacific mask crumbles when the narcissist has become convinced that the very people he purported to speak for, his constituency, his grassroots fans, the prime sources of his narcissistic supply – have turned against him. At first, in a desperate effort to maintain the fiction underlying his chaotic personality, the narcissist strives to explain away the sudden reversal of sentiment. “The people are being duped by (the media, big industry, the military, the elite, etc.)”, “they don’t really know what they are doing”, “following a rude awakening, they will revert to form”, etc.

When these flimsy attempts to patch a tattered personal mythology fail – the narcissist is injured. Narcissistic injury inevitably leads to narcissistic rage and to a terrifying display of unbridled aggression. The pent-up frustration and hurt translate into devaluation. That which was previously idealized – is now discarded with contempt and hatred.

This primitive defense mechanism is called “splitting”. To the narcissist, things and people are either entirely bad (evil) or entirely good. He projects onto others his own shortcomings and negative emotions, thus becoming a totally good object. A narcissistic leader is likely to justify the butchering of his own people by claiming that they intended to kill him, undo the revolution, devastate the economy, or the country, etc.

Flora Duh on November 3, 2012 at 12:31 PM

I just looked at some of the Cincy rally photos. They brought a tear to my eye.

This last weekend before a presidential election brings to a head the human faces of the Founders’ grand experiment. Flags, babies, signs, Romney with a red nose from the cold…..

We are about to see if the Founders’ vision still holds true in the hearts of the nation.

Given the nonstop disregard for the Constitution for four years, this is gut-check time.

The Founders have awoken, as they do every four years, and are watching…. one eye turned toward Benjamin Franklin at the head of the table…

“…a Republic, if you can keep it.”

God Bless America. Let us pray that there are enough true hearts left to beat back this flood tide of deceit and ignorance that has led us to a national precipice, the worst, in opinion, since November, 1860.

cane_loader on November 3, 2012 at 12:32 PM

From Boss Emeritus’ Twitchy feed, to follow the Bill Maher comment. C’mon, people.

Philly on November 3, 2012 at 12:32 PM

In Ohio, the first votes to be counted are the early votes/absentees, so it will be obvious immediately if Romney can overcome the deficit.

gumbyandpokey on November 3, 2012 at 11:48 AM

would you comment upon what owe’bama meant by “vote for revenge?”
and how you could ever support that kind of person?

Dr. Demento on November 3, 2012 at 12:32 PM

thatsafactjack on November 3, 2012 at 12:30 PM

clapping…well done thanks

CoffeeLover on November 3, 2012 at 12:33 PM

I just pray this such a huge margin for R&R that bho/joe can’t do squat trying to have recounts? And do our dead level best to get the sentate while we are at it!
L

letget on November 3, 2012 at 12:34 PM

Ok I’m a little angry that I didn’t think of this.

Bishop on November 3, 2012 at 12:29 PM

Don’t hurt me bro.

VegasRick on November 3, 2012 at 12:35 PM

Is this big? Or a little big?

Cindy Munford on November 3, 2012 at 12:25 PM

Unless it gets on the morning/nightly news or big headlines, it means nothing.

gumbyandpokey on November 3, 2012 at 12:35 PM

QUIZ:

Who said, “We’re gonna punish our enemies and we’re gonna reward our friends who stand with us on issues that are important to us”?

Glenn Jericho on November 3, 2012 at 12:36 PM

would you comment upon what owe’bama meant by “vote for revenge?”
and how you could ever support that kind of person?

Dr. Demento on November 3, 2012 at 12:32 PM

This is the kind of person that prays for hurricanes and superstorms that leave destruction and death to help his loser candidate.

VegasRick on November 3, 2012 at 12:36 PM

Flora Duh on November 3, 2012 at 12:31 PM

Wow. I don’t know who should fear him more, the nation at large, or those closest to him whom he’ll inevitably view as having failed him.

However, this section:

“To the narcissist, things and people are either entirely bad (evil) or entirely good. He projects onto others his own shortcomings and negative emotions, thus becoming a totally good object.”

Reminds me of the way the MSM and the LEFT in general tends to paint everyone who disagrees with them or their positions.

Excellent posts, Flora. Thanks.

thatsafactjack on November 3, 2012 at 12:37 PM

would you comment upon what owe’bama meant by “vote for revenge?”
and how you could ever support that kind of person?

Dr. Demento on November 3, 2012 at 12:32 PM

Don’t expect an honest answer from a slimebucket troll.

slickwillie2001 on November 3, 2012 at 12:38 PM

Obama will revenge himself in the lame duck session, the thug of the land.

Schadenfreude on November 3, 2012 at 12:27 PM

If we’re lucky, he will sulk for the next couple of months. At some point he’s going to realize he didn’t want the gig for another 4 years…not being held accountable or expected to actually work will become appealing.

He knows this. It’s the Dem party that will be most angry. BO is a lazy incompetent who knows he (and MO) can make more money out of the WH with less effort. Ultimately, I really believe that’s what he cares about most.

Just think….. he can smoke and choom without anyone beotching at him! ;)

Cody1991 on November 3, 2012 at 12:38 PM

CoffeeLover on November 3, 2012 at 12:33 PM

lol! My little contribution. Schadenfreude inspired me when he asked ‘How many more days?’ this morning. :)

thatsafactjack on November 3, 2012 at 12:39 PM

blink on November 3, 2012 at 12:19 PM

The Executive Orders that are bothering me are the ones that pick and choose which laws to enforce and which laws to ignore…. for the purposes of furthering a political agenda.

What has been happening in Arizona is chilling, and must never be allowed again.

The idea of a border state being overrun by invaders from another sovereign nation and then trying to enforce federal law because the feds refuse to, and then the resources of the nation used to sue that state because it enforced the law, and then the sheriff of one of the hardest hit counties not only kicked out of the federal enforcement ambit but then personally sued for violating illegals’ rights……

This is Nazi/Soviet territory, truly. It is an embarrassment to the founding ideals of the United States of America.

It is tyranny… brought on by executive order from a Caligulan/Neroan chief executive.

cane_loader on November 3, 2012 at 12:39 PM

Just stood in line w/ the hubby for 2 hours to vote in Florida AND turned in my daughter’s absentee ballot. That’s another 3 in the R/R column.

americanmama on November 3, 2012 at 12:40 PM

VegasRick on November 3, 2012 at 12:35 PM

I may need to work it off, maybe I’ll give pokeme a swirly.

Bishop on November 3, 2012 at 12:41 PM

americanmama on November 3, 2012 at 12:40 PM

Hurrah for America :-)

cane_loader on November 3, 2012 at 12:42 PM

BettyRuth on November 3, 2012 at 12:29 PM

Me too. Huckabee was on Fox and Friends this morning. He said he fully expects the Republican turnout on Tuesday to catch the leftist and the media off guard, just like Chick-Fil-A day did. Oh how I pray he is right.

Flora Duh on November 3, 2012 at 12:42 PM

americanmama on November 3, 2012 at 12:40 PM

My wife, nephew and myself voted RR yesterday. My nephews first ever vote (age) and everybody clapped when the poll worker announced that. Nevada is in play.

VegasRick on November 3, 2012 at 12:42 PM

I may need to work it off, maybe I’ll give pokeme a swirly.

Bishop on November 3, 2012 at 12:41 PM

Why is it that I think he would like that.

VegasRick on November 3, 2012 at 12:43 PM

VegasRick on November 3, 2012 at 12:42 PM

Cool.

I am wondering why a poll worker would announce something private like that. Can you give more context? Is your area Romney-leaning?

And how far are you from the big population centers, i.e. Vegas and Reno?

cane_loader on November 3, 2012 at 12:44 PM

Obviously a stupid question given that your nic is “VegasRick”

/doh!

cane_loader on November 3, 2012 at 12:45 PM

and everybody clapped when the poll worker announced that. Nevada is in play.

VegasRick on November 3, 2012 at 12:42 PM

Harry Reid hardest hit… in the butt with a telephone poll… o_O

SWalker on November 3, 2012 at 12:45 PM

Wonder if the Obama’s will finally get around to selecting a local Washington, DC, church to attend.

Thought they told everybody in January 2009 that they’d be looking for a nice church locally.

They lie, even when it comes to simple worship.

(But, at least they are BFF’s with Beyonce and Jay-Z. Right? Think the Wagyu, Kristal and Bling crowd will dump Barry once he gets soundly thrashed and defeated on Tuesday?)

As far as churches go, pretty sure the Romney’s have one already picked out.

coldwarrior on November 3, 2012 at 12:45 PM

Flora Duh on November 3, 2012 at 12:42 PM

I think he’s right. I don’t think even us as Republicans are ready for the turnout.

It’s going to be a good day.

gophergirl on November 3, 2012 at 12:46 PM

There’s a lot of chatter on the net about ‘riots’ if The DogEater loses.

Of course the internet is mostly a bunch of BS but you have to wonder – will they riot in places like LA?

CorporatePiggy on November 3, 2012 at 12:46 PM

Now I find myself wondering how Newt Gingrich (my final choice after Palin and Cain) would have been doing at this point.

Would he have blown 0bama out in the debates? Would he have self-destructed? WOuld he have stayed cool enough to look like a safe alternative (which is what Reagan did)?

Bet Newt is having the same thoughts.

I applaud Mitt for running a pretty stable, steady campaign, with few real, non-MSM created, gaffes.

cane_loader on November 3, 2012 at 12:47 PM

Obama will revenge himself in the lame duck session, the thug of the land.

Schadenfreude on November 3, 2012 at 12:27 PM

Just think….. he can smoke and choom without anyone beotching at him! ;)

Cody1991 on November 3, 2012 at 12:38 PM

Of course he will vacation and party, that’s all he’s done for four years, but the merdivorous Valerie Jarrett won’t. Little Bammie will sign anything she drops on the coffee table in the ESPN TV room.

slickwillie2001 on November 3, 2012 at 12:47 PM

VegasRick on November 3, 2012 at 12:42 PM

He’ll remember that moment his entire life. What a meaningful and memorable first vote.

gophergirl on November 3, 2012 at 12:48 PM

And how far are you from the big population centers, i.e. Vegas and Reno?

cane_loader on November 3, 2012 at 12:44 PM

In Vegas. Live in the burbs and there all kinds of people at the polls. My nephew looks young (just turned 18) and I guess the poll worker was proud to announce that it was his first chance. It happened a few years ago with my wife as well, her first (not because of age) was in 2000 just after we married.

VegasRick on November 3, 2012 at 12:49 PM

It’s going to be a good day.

gophergirl on November 3, 2012 at 12:46 PM

Speaking of good days, what time is the rally in MN?

You must be excited! Our state is a lock for Romney, so we’re left out.

Cody1991 on November 3, 2012 at 12:49 PM

Awesome! Give ‘im Hell, Mitt!

ghostwriter on November 3, 2012 at 12:50 PM

I have a thought about Las Vegas voters.

Yes, you have a lot of artistic types who are 0bama’s bread-and-butter.

But I have friends, and know of a lot more people, who migrated from L.A. to Vegas in the late-’90s/early-’00s because L.A. got invaded by a foreign country, and the population pressures changed the opportunities and also the quality of life…

These folks struck out for Vegas because they were unhappy with what L.A. had become, under liberal leadership, and because it was a great, bustling business opportunity to work hard and reap the rewards…. a basically conservative position.

I can’t help but think that a significant percentage of these L.A. ex-pats are actually conservative.

cane_loader on November 3, 2012 at 12:51 PM

gophergirl on November 3, 2012 at 12:48 PM

Yep. He was so proud! I told him it reminded me of my first vote – voted for RR just like him voting R/R and getting rid of a one term disaster.

VegasRick on November 3, 2012 at 12:51 PM

That response was quick and clever. Who says that Romney is out of touch? The revenge statement just adds to the proof that Obama is not in it for America.

DAT60A3 on November 3, 2012 at 11:35 AM

Obama and a good chunk of his supporters are haters, viewing elections and politics as opportunities to settle scores.

ghostwriter on November 3, 2012 at 12:51 PM

Speaking of good days, what time is the rally in MN?

You must be excited! Our state is a lock for Romney, so we’re left out.

Cody1991 on November 3, 2012 at 12:49 PM

3:30. I actually think my parents are more excited than I am. They have e-mailed me like 20 times since yesterday. Can’t blame them – they are scared for their grandchildren.

Woo hoo – another Pro Romney ad. Crossroads this time.

gophergirl on November 3, 2012 at 12:52 PM