Quotes of the day

posted at 8:31 pm on November 3, 2012 by Allahpundit

“Speaking to an audience, he said, you know voting is the best revenge,” said Romney. “He told his supporters, voting for revenge. Vote for revenge?

“Let me tell you what I’d like to tell you: Vote for love of country,” he said. “It is time we lead America to a better place.”

***

Asked about the revenge kerfuffle, Obama campaign spokeswoman Jen Psaki said, “Mitt Romney is ending this campaign with scare tactics in Ohio with a fake ad about the auto industry,” she said, referring to an ad assailed by automakers as false, one suggesting that Jeep jobs in the U.S. are being sent to China. “The President was simply suggesting if you think the American people deserve better and if you believe the President is offering a better deal for the middle class you have the power to cast your vote.”

***

It was an ugly and small-minded moment, especially for the end of a campaign when candidates usually try to stress larger, optimistic themes. Romney incorporated the “revenge” line in his speech in Ohio Friday night, saying that while Obama advises revenge, he, Romney, wants people to vote “for love of country.”

As Obama traveled to northern Ohio Saturday morning, campaign official Jen Psaki was asked about the “revenge” remark. According to a White House pool report, Psaki said Obama had been speaking in the context of Romney’s “scare tactics” in Ohio. The Republican is “frightening workers in Ohio into thinking, falsely, that they’re not going to have a job,” Psaki said, according to the pool report…

The problem is, the president was actually not speaking in the context of Romney’s highly-controversial ads about bailed-out Chrysler adding production of Jeeps in China. In fact, Obama had not said a word about the Jeep controversy when he said “revenge.”

***

Hard to believe that the guy who promised to “punish our enemies” is now talking about voting for “revenge.”

If you watch the clip itself, it’s not clear at all what Obama’s supporters are supposed to want revenge for. Obama mentions Romney name in the context of his run for the senate in Massachusetts — back when Romney was quite the moderate — and the audience starts to boo. Obama says “no, no. Don’t boo. Vote. Vote. Voting is the best revenge.” Revenge for what? Him running for the senate? Revenge for Romney daring to challenge Obama? I understand Obama is bitter. That’s been obvious for a while. But it’s just a weird and narcissistic assumption that his supporters want “revenge” too. Doesn’t mean it’s wrong, though. Which makes the whole thing even creepier.

***

That’s the best he can do? “Voting is the best revenge”? And against whom should voters seek “revenge” — other Americans? A candidate who has the support of about half the electorate? It is mind-boggling, really, that this sort of snide, negative motivation is what President Obama has saved up for his final appeal.

But that’s really been the story of his campaign all along. Carpet-bomb Mitt Romney with negative ads during the summer and then make the last week of the campaign about Big Bird, “Romnesia” and “binders full of women.” He apparently has given up on luring independent, less-partisan voters (Romney leads by double digits among independents, most pollsters say). In his yearning to turn out his base he must imagine that those voters bear as much animus against his opponents as he does. But of course that’s not how he turned out his base last time. Then it was hope and change; now Romney is the hope and change candidate.

***

“Just yesterday he was asking his supporters at a rally to vote out of revenge,” Ryan said to about 1,000 people at the college gymnasium. “Mitt Romney and I are asking you to vote out of love of country. That’s what we do in this country. We don’t believe in revenge.”

Ryan then co-opted the president’s famous slogan, changing it slightly:

“We believe in change and hope. We actually do,” Ryan said. “In 2008 President Obama made all these lofty promises, it sounded so good. He said that we would have bi-partisanship, that he’d bridge the gap. He said he’d cut the deficit in half, that he’d get people working again, and he’d create jobs. You see all those jobs here in Marietta? Look, it sounded good and when he got elected people naturally expected him to deliver those results but it didn’t happen and look what we got. Washington is more divided than it ever has been before. And the deficit, it doubled from what he said it would be.”

***

Mitt Romney has been making a pitch for bipartisanship in the closing days of the race, and this morning rolled out an endorsement from Hillary Clinton’s former Senate state director, Gigi Georges:

“For most of my life, I’ve been an active Democrat. I am proud to have worked for President Bill Clinton and then-Senator Hillary Clinton, and, during that time, I saw firsthand what can be accomplished by strong, bipartisan leadership. I know what it means to work across the aisle on issues that are important to the American people. And that’s why I am supporting Mitt Romney. Governor Romney has a plan to restore the prosperity this country deserves and expects. He will work with people of good will no matter what their party, and he will pursue the policies that are in the best interest of our country, no matter who proposes them. That’s what President Obama promised to do four years ago. But like so many of his promises, bipartisan cooperation is just another one he has broken. We can’t have four more years of failed policies and two parties that can’t work together. We need the change Mitt Romney is offering.”

***

Romney, whatever else you think about him, is somebody who has fed the hungry, clothed the naked, and visited the sick. In Mr. Whedon’s view of the world, none of that dirty-handed business is necessary: All that is necessary is that one cast a symbolic vote for the man who promises to care, and to express that care by expropriating money from people you don’t like and giving it to people for whom you have a moral concern that is at best theoretical. That is the cheapest form of charity, which surely would occur to Mr. Whedon and his admirers, if they ever took the time to think about it. Fortunately for President Obama, they have shown neither the inclination nor the ability to do so.

For the Dumb Vote, voting is simply an expression of affiliation, a way of marking one’s membership in the tribe of the compassionately ironic or ironically compassionate or whatever. It is a gesture for people who are absolutely certain that they are right — not because they have any meaningful information, but because they are absolutely certain that the other side is evil, which is why they so quickly and consistently revert to claims of racism against a movement that includes lots of non-white partisans, claims of misogyny against a movement that includes an enormous number of women, claims of aspiring Christian theocracy against a movement that includes a great many non-Christians and that is noted for its affinity with the Jewish state, etc.

***

***

***

Comments

Comment pages: 1 12 13 14 15

Gumby is Stephanie Cutter.

John the Libertarian on November 4, 2012 at 1:18 AM

when s/b until

I’m at the point of thinking that if you’re under 80 and informed, and you vote for Dems, then you put party over decency and country.

INC on November 4, 2012 at 1:19 AM

Darn John stole my spot and chance for glory.

SparkPlug on November 4, 2012 at 1:19 AM

I read the article. Don’t think Obama can get anywhere near losing Chicago (BTW, he is going there after he’s done campaigning), but if he doesn’t do well there, he’ll lose Illinois regardless what the polls say. It’s strange, but a LOT of people in Illinois hate Democrats for what they’ve done to the state. If it weren’t for Chicago, that state would be solid red. I think it’s just a matter of time.

MrX on November 4, 2012 at 1:09 AM

Yes, nothing will change this time around. I have friends in southern Ill., and they despair. Grew up in Indiana, so I’m familiar with the situation.

Long term? It may well change. Lots of work ahead. It’s interesting to see that people are gradually realizing what is going on.

Cody1991 on November 4, 2012 at 1:19 AM

Are there any of your parents’ friends or neighbors who could lend a hand or lend an ear to help sort things out?

INC on November 4, 2012 at 1:10 AM

Well, the neighbor is the one who called me from 2k miles away and read the riot act. She said that either I or one of my brothers had to come home NOW. She was very upset. I knew things were declining, but it was the last straw when I get a neighbor calling and demanding that I call an ambulance, and my mother fighting me.

I bought a plane ticket that night, And neither one of my brothers had better dispute anything I do while I’m there. Armchair quarterbacks are fine ’til a point, after which they’re just white noise.

cane_loader on November 4, 2012 at 1:19 AM

Nope. Ends with an “n.”

He’s abandoned his parents, and refused calls for help. But he talks wise here.

cane_loader on November 4, 2012 at 12:58 AM

gumbeyandpokeyn?

arnold ziffel on November 4, 2012 at 1:20 AM

Now, about your drinking problem…

John the Libertarian on November 4, 2012 at 1:10 AM

How about your honesty problem? Liberal

kenny on November 4, 2012 at 1:21 AM

Thank You Madonna, Cher, Fluke, and all the libtard loons for being so fluffin nutty that you worked against yourselves.

SparkPlug on November 4, 2012 at 1:23 AM

Darn John stole my spot and chance for glory.

SparkPlug on November 4, 2012 at 1:19 AM

Dood, I was 1001 last night!

John the Libertarian on November 4, 2012 at 1:24 AM

Cane, I’ve been through it, too, and I’m sure many here have unfortunately been in the same position. It’s awful. It’s heartbreaking, but one thing I learned is that a few of my friends are really my family….. they’re better, in fact.

Don’t be that tree. See it through as best you can, and let us know how you’re doing.

Cody1991 on November 4, 2012 at 1:14 AM

I am going out to sort things out. I have few friends left; they drank the 0bama Kool-Aid, and it divided us. Barack 0bama has probaby severed more old friendships than any president in history.

So I get to fly to southern California the day before the election and watch it all go down.

Maybe I will become the uberMensch and call my old band members, crying in their beer, to jam.

I still sing damn good, in my 5th decade.

cane_loader on November 4, 2012 at 1:24 AM

How about your honesty problem? Liberal

kenny on November 4, 2012 at 1:21 AM

Now I know you’re drunk!

John the Libertarian on November 4, 2012 at 1:24 AM

TXUS on November 4, 2012 at 1:13 AM

Excellent analysis of the past week…these events are indicative of the past 4 years, like a crescendo that will come crashing down on Tuesday.

Brat on November 4, 2012 at 1:25 AM

Family can suck, royally.

cane_loader on November 4, 2012 at 1:07 AM

Chin up cane.

I’ve seen both sides, and while now it may look like your family is not all with you, I have known that change, even over decades can be worth the pain. My Dad and I took longer than 30 years to come together.
Hate to give Stills props, but Love the one your with.

OTTO on November 4, 2012 at 1:25 AM

I’ve mentioned before how Hugh Hewitt intenionally misleads his followers during elections and was blatant in 08. Well, he’s at it again, lying about it being a good polling day for Romney (internals, I guess) when the trackers showed the exact opposite (PPP, ABC/Wash Post)‏. He’s a fraud…

Hugh Hewitt ‏@hughhewitt
@melissa81898714 ? Best polling day for Romney/Ryan in two weeks and the polls still using lousy samples. Looks very good for R/R

gumbyandpokey on November 4, 2012 at 1:25 AM

gumbeyandpokeyn?

arnold ziffel on November 4, 2012 at 1:20 AM

Nine letters, wise-ass, invented “TOTUS,” or so the POS says.

cane_loader on November 4, 2012 at 1:25 AM

cause I flunked a silly urine test.

SparkPlug on November 4, 2012 at 12:55 AM

Someone who can’t hit the hopper doesn’t deserve a Bishop.

Harsh…but that’s the rules.

Get a mop.

Solaratov on November 4, 2012 at 1:26 AM

..Solaratov, A.Z., Dire, JTL, and the ganze mespoche, I gotta scoot. Boots, the cat, is getting restless and clawing me to death. (Talk about ferrets, OTTO!)

BCNU es 73s!

The War Planner on November 4, 2012 at 1:26 AM

cane_loader on November 4, 2012 at 1:07 AM

If it helps, for what it’s worth, I am caretaking my mom, age 87,who has health issues, (serious) and I have health issues (problematic). My sister and only sibling died two years ago, so there is no other help, but I’m managing, so not facing the difficulties you face.

novaculus on November 4, 2012 at 1:27 AM

gumbyandpokey on November 4, 2012 at 1:25 AM

Whatever, Stephanie. You’re a terrible liar.

John the Libertarian on November 4, 2012 at 1:27 AM

cane_loader on November 4, 2012 at 1:19 AM

It sounds as if she cares about them, and I’d guess she’s willing to help in some way. I’d be prepared for the noise and to ignore it. IMO it’s a way of trying to maintain control and assert superiority—also an attempt to try to smooth over guilt for not coming to assist by substituting directives and rationalizing that as help.

I’ve had champion manipulators in my family. That reminds me, I hope this neighbor or someone there will be able to sit down and ease the situation with some humor in some way. Some situations are so bad it’s laugh or cry or cry and laugh.

INC on November 4, 2012 at 1:28 AM

Now I know you’re drunk!

John the Libertarian on November 4, 2012 at 1:24 AM

He protests too much with his lean and hungry look. A Lib for sure.

kenny on November 4, 2012 at 1:28 AM

gumbyandpokey on November 4, 2012 at 1:25 AM

Shut up Greg. Answer the PA question.

wargamer6 on November 4, 2012 at 1:28 AM

By JEANETTE STEELE & NATHAN MAX • U-T
12:01 a.m., Nov. 2, 2012
Updated 9:59 p.m. , Nov. 1, 2012

A father and a mother used the word “murder.” A brother said he won’t second-guess decisions made in the heat of battle.

The families of three Americans killed in the Sept. 11 U.S. consulate attack in Benghazi, Libya, are offering widely different reactions to recent reports that U.S. personnel issued several requests for help that were turned down.

Patricia Smith, the mother of slain State Department employee Sean Patrick Smith, is now blaming President Barack Obama for her son’s death.

“I believe that Obama murdered my son,” she said Thursday from the living room of her Clairemont home. “I firmly believe this.”

Patricia Smith, who voted for Obama in 2008 at the insistence of her son, said reporting by Fox News is the basis for much of her belief that Obama is ultimately responsible for her son’s death. She said Sean, who went to Mission Bay High School but lived abroad, was a fervent supporter of the president.

Smith’s view echoes that of Charles Woods, father of Tyrone Woods, the 41-year-old former Navy SEAL from Imperial Beach who died fighting in Benghazi.

Charles Woods appeared on Fox News shows over the weekend to denounce decisions made by U.S. officials during the Libya attack.

“I’m a retired attorney, and I know that these actions legally do not constitute murder. But in my mind the people in the White House, all of them who have authority to send in reinforcements to prevent what they knew was going to be the death of my son, are guilty of murdering my son,” Woods said Sunday on Fox’s Sean Hannity show.

Resist We Much on November 4, 2012 at 1:30 AM

I don’t know. I really don’t. In 2010 a guy I’d known for years was running for office at the state level. I was ready to go help when I found out he was registered as a Dem. I couldn’t believe it. I knew his character, his family, and I couldn’t believe he would still be associated with the Dems. I didn’t offer any help.

INC on November 4, 2012 at 1:17 AM

I’m with ya. Anyone still voting democrat after 2000 is beyond repair. I guess we just have to tolerate them when they are family and friends

arnold ziffel on November 4, 2012 at 1:30 AM

In case you don’t know , it is Irish for F off

kenny on November 4, 2012 at 12:55 AM

So, when the Irish want to tell someone to F-off, they say “Oh, welcome home”?
Is that what you’re trying to tell us?

Are you drunk again…or just terminally stupid? Or both?

Solaratov on November 4, 2012 at 1:30 AM

gumbyandpokey on November 4, 2012 at 1:25 AM

So, RuPoll, will you admit that, if Democrats do not turn out in greater numbers and Republicans do not turn out in lower numbers than they did in 2008, the odds are extraordinarily great that the polls are incorrect?

Will you also admit that the polling companies do no one any favours when they use sampling models that are highly unlikely to come to fruition?

Do you think that Democrats will vote in greater numbers than they did in 2008?

Do you think that Republicans will vote in lower numbers than they did in 2008?

Would you agree that pollsters are, by and large, ignoring the midterm predictive model as its applies to turnout?

Why won’t you answer the questions?

Gumby, if Obama is so far ahead in state polls, which are oversampling Democrats or, perhaps, I should say that they are predicting a higher Democratic turnout than in 2008 v national polls, which have a more realistic turnout model, why isn’t this Democratic advantage showing up in the House races?

One would think that Democrats would be on the verge of sweeping out a majority of the Tea Party Congressmen and retaking the House, if Democratic turnout was going to be as strong or stronger than in 2008.

A funny thing is happening though. Almost all of the Tea Party Congressmen are going to be safely reelected.

What’s up with that?

Don’t stat too thirsty, my friends, participating in The Mitt Romney Drinking Game

Resist We Much on November 4, 2012 at 1:32 AM

Chin up cane.

Hate to give Stills props, but Love the one your with.

OTTO on November 4, 2012 at 1:25 AM

Thanks for the CSN; I enjoyed it :-)
Thanks for your experience….

cane_loader on November 4, 2012 at 1:32 AM

BCNU es 73s!

The War Planner on November 4, 2012 at 1:26 AM

Night, WP!

John the Libertarian on November 4, 2012 at 1:33 AM

Nine letters, wise-ass, invented “TOTUS,” or so the POS says.

cane_loader on November 4, 2012 at 1:25 AM

I know you said nine letters, and I know you are going through rough times. I want you to know I care, hope things work out. Just thought I would try to cheer you up a little.

arnold ziffel on November 4, 2012 at 1:33 AM

gumbyandpokey on November 4, 2012 at 1:31 AM

Derp! New trib poll today. Quit dodging the questions.

wargamer6 on November 4, 2012 at 1:33 AM

The War Planner on November 4, 2012 at 1:26 AM

Goodnight War Planner.

AZfederalist on November 4, 2012 at 1:35 AM

So, when the Irish want to tell someone to F-off, they say “Oh, welcome home”?
Is that what you’re trying to tell us?

Are you drunk again…or just terminally stupid? Or both?

Solaratov on November 4, 2012 at 1:30 AM

Interpretation is there is more where that is coming from home body.

kenny on November 4, 2012 at 1:36 AM

Somewhere around Pittsburgh…

“Here is a coal barge on the Ohio River, today.

I note that they are flying the Gadsden flag…”

workingclass artist on November 4, 2012 at 1:36 AM

Nite ferrets.

Steal the night away ‘for sleeping giant wake.
Steal the night away lest hunger seal thy fate.
Steel cold bayonet on November date.

OTTO on November 4, 2012 at 1:39 AM

cane_loader on November 4, 2012 at 1:25 AM

Hey, I remember someone claiming that about TOTUS the other day but can’t remember the name.

Stay strong, cane. I am the youngest and only girl in my family…I have 6 brothers. A couple of them at one time or another strayed from my parents, sometimes when my mom and dad were ill. They exhibited massive guilt when my parents died. But we all get along great now, as they were the ones needing the most comfort and were warmly welcomed back into the fold by the rest of us.

Brat on November 4, 2012 at 1:40 AM

INC on November 4, 2012 at 1:28 AM

The neighbor is a neurotic (and nice) Jewish lady who is caretaking her 80-y.o. mom with dementia, so I’m taking her with a grain of salt. But talking with my mom, and demanding enough data to diagnose – from afar – the overdose that almost stopped my dad’s heart and had him lying on the ground with no one doing anything…. after I told her to NOT change my dad’s medication in ANY way without calling me first… well, one of his myriad doctors massively overdosed him w/o checking the drug manufacturer’s specific limits.

When I get out there, some doctor is going to have a bad day when I get ahold of him.

Worse, the main doctor is my doctor brother’s friend, and no one will allow a cross word about him, despite the continuing layering-on of drugs, never removing a one.

If the doctor who O.D’ed my dad is my brother’s friend, you will see the fireworks from L.A. I may end up in jail. The kid (younger than me) talked down to me the last time I saw him, though I saw him as a 9-year-old kicking soccer balls around, and all I know is that someone O.D’ed my dad.

I’m flying into Los Angeleez, I’m carrying a couple of keys (to my old car), and I’m ’bout to rip some azz.

cane_loader on November 4, 2012 at 1:40 AM

So, assuming a Romney win and Dingy Harry remaining the gargoyle of the Senate, can the executive branch bring legal action against the Senate or the Majority Leader in the Senate for failing to carry out its Constitutional duties such as the Constitutionally required passage of a yearly budget? If not, what remedies exist to have the Senate meet that Constitutionally mandated requirement? Or, does the legislative branch have the ability to be derelict in its duties and continue to not pass budgets or undertake other required actions?

AZfederalist on November 4, 2012 at 1:40 AM

Flora Duh on November 4, 2012 at 1:16 AM

Reading upthread I saw remarks from which I gather your sister is in the ICU. You and your family will be in my thoughts.

novaculus on November 4, 2012 at 1:41 AM

However, I am constantly reminded of the fact that BO has never has a good azz whooping. It’s possible that he may retreat somewhat.

Anyway, I just want to see the last of him.

Cody1991 on November 4, 2012 at 12:42 AM

Actually, he did get his azz whopped by Bobby Rush early in his political career in IL (for US House, I believe). The Ed Klein book says he went into a depression & Michelle almost divorced him.

So, we can look forward to him retreating to that $32 million house in Hawaii for a while, but I’m sure he’ll turn up again like a bad penny just like Jimmy.

Dark Star on November 4, 2012 at 1:42 AM

Hugh Hewitt ‏@hughhewitt

gumbyandpokey on November 4, 2012 at 1:25 AM

Very few listen to Hewitt. That still doesn’t explain your refusal to answer completely legitimate questions.

Resist We Much on November 4, 2012 at 1:43 AM

Somewhere around Pittsburgh…

“Here is a coal barge on the Ohio River, today.

I note that they are flying the Gadsden flag…”

workingclass artist on November 4, 2012 at 1:36 AM

Sweet! I love that flag. We have one on our house, beside the garage. Old Glory is flying beside the front door.

Brat on November 4, 2012 at 1:43 AM

Starting to get the feeling that we’re going to see on Tuesday the year 2010 on steroids, and not just another Chick Fil-A moment, but the final act in the taking of a country back.

I think Obama’s going to learn a little more about storms from the sea than perhaps he did this week. It’s not the waves that can kill you, but something you can’t so easily see, the slow rising of the waters and the real killer, the undertow beneath.

The hidden are coming out of hiding Tuesday, giving the target of their wrath no place to hide.

TXUS on November 4, 2012 at 1:43 AM

In case you don’t know , it is Irish for F off

kenny on November 4, 2012 at 12:55 AM

all this stuff I’m reading here is a bunch of malarky.

BoxHead1 on November 4, 2012 at 1:44 AM

I BELIEVE DEMS WILL TURN OUT IN SLIGHTLY LOWER NUMBERS THAN 08 BUT NOT THAT MUCH LOWER, AND GOP TURNOUT WILL BE BETTER BUT NOT EXTRAORDINARY

Do you think that Democrats will vote in greater numbers than they did in 2008?
CLOSE TO 08, IMO, BUT NOT HIGHER

Do you think that Republicans will vote in lower numbers than they did in 2008?

DISPATCH POLL SHOWS 2010 NON-VOTERS BREAK HEAVY FOR OBAMA, SO NO

Why won’t you answer the questions?

GOOD QUESTION…GOP TURNOUT WILL RISE FROM 08

AGAIN, HIGHER GOP TURNOUT

What’s up with that?
DON’T KNOW

Resist We Much on November 4, 2012 at 1:32 AM

gumbyandpokey on November 4, 2012 at 1:45 AM

The GOPe will betray you..:)

Dire Straits on November 4, 2012 at 1:45 AM

Don’t forget to set your clocks back tonight ya’ll.

Goodnight, and again, thanks so much for the prayers and good thoughts for my sister.

Flora Duh on November 4, 2012 at 1:46 AM

cane_loader on November 4, 2012 at 1:40 AM

That’s criminal negligence on the part of the doctor. And the doctor who coordinates all of the treatment is a friend of your brother? Good grief. Read him the riot act, but stay out of jail.

INC on November 4, 2012 at 1:46 AM

all this stuff I’m reading here is a bunch of malarky.

BoxHead1 on November 4, 2012 at 1:44 AM

Cannot deny it

kenny on November 4, 2012 at 1:47 AM

kenny on November 4, 2012 at 1:36 AM

Good evening..:)

Dire Straits on November 4, 2012 at 1:47 AM

arnold ziffel on November 4, 2012 at 1:33 AM

Thank you very, very much.

I am feeling very alone and bad. Every one of you who has even responded has helped.

It’s lonely feeling when your parents are in a state of collapse, 2,000 miles away. Sucks. I will take care of biz. Oh believe me, I will. The fact that I have to fly out in an emergency, when I am myself ill, skipping my medical treatments to fly out there, and needing to take care of my own business….

I am going home to settle things and no long-distance brother will affect me TCB.

cane_loader on November 4, 2012 at 1:47 AM

Interpretation is there is more where that is coming from home body.

kenny on November 4, 2012 at 1:36 AM

Is English not your native tongue?

Or are you really that drunk?

Or that stupid?

Solaratov on November 4, 2012 at 1:47 AM

AZfederalist on November 4, 2012 at 1:40 AM

Good questions.

Flora Duh on November 4, 2012 at 1:46 AM

Goodnight, Flora. We’ll be thinking of you.

INC on November 4, 2012 at 1:47 AM

Is Missouri still a Bell Weather? I mean the media never mentioned it at all. For years we heard Missouri was the bell weather state. They got what 2 -3 elections wrong, Dewey, Obama, and something else.

Romney leads in Missouri by 12 thats a huge number, add Florida to that if Romney has Florida by 6 these are not small numbers.

How come Missouri doesn’t matter anymore? It did for 80 years? Now all of a sudden it doesn’t. Again these are not small numbers

Conservative4ev on November 4, 2012 at 1:48 AM

G’night Flora

novaculus on November 4, 2012 at 1:48 AM

The GOPe will betray you..:)

Dire Straits on November 4, 2012 at 1:45 AM

Rinse and repeat.
Thanks Dire, and I’ll now retire.
Damn I’m tired.

OTTO on November 4, 2012 at 1:48 AM

Hugh Hewitt ‏@hughhewitt

gumbyandpokey on November 4, 2012 at 1:25 AM

Resist We Much on November 4, 2012 at 1:43 AM

I thought he was a pretty respected guy in GOP circles. I know on election day in 08, his reports were passed around since he was so optimistic about McCain’s chances. There seems to be a concerted effort among GOP polling analysts to “buck up the troops” and it looks phony and insincere.

gumbyandpokey on November 4, 2012 at 1:49 AM

Goodnight all. Time to “Fall back”

Brat on November 4, 2012 at 1:50 AM

Do you think that Democrats will vote in greater numbers than they did in 2008?
CLOSE TO 08, IMO, BUT NOT HIGHER

So Gumby admits he’s brain dead thinking the messiah has the golden mouth and going to get as many as 08. He is a true believer, which means he’s a moonbat

Conservative4ev on November 4, 2012 at 1:51 AM

Interpretation is there is more where that is coming from home body.

kenny on November 4, 2012 at 1:36 AM

Is English not your native tongue?

Or are you really that drunk?

Or that stupid?

Solaratov on November 4, 2012 at 1:47 AM

You seem somewhat prissy. Get a skirt principle.

kenny on November 4, 2012 at 1:51 AM

Flora Duh on November 4, 2012 at 1:46 AM

Good night, and sleep well and stay strong, and know that we’re with you and, far more important, the Lord is.

TXUS on November 4, 2012 at 1:51 AM

Somewhere around Pittsburgh…

“Here is a coal barge on the Ohio River, today.

I note that they are flying the Gadsden flag…”

workingclass artist on November 4, 2012 at 1:36 AM

I like the photo! Free campaign advertising in PA.

A couple of summers ago I was with a friend on vacation in a very liberal area. Lo and behold we rode by a house proudly flying the Gadsden. It was great to see.

INC on November 4, 2012 at 1:51 AM

gumbyandpokey on November 4, 2012 at 1:45 AM

spindle fold and mutilate

OTTO on November 4, 2012 at 1:51 AM

cane_loader on November 4, 2012 at 1:40 AM

Ice-cold, bro. Poker face.

Size up the situation, make your plans to deal with it, and set your wheels in motion without showing your hand until you play it.

novaculus on November 4, 2012 at 1:51 AM

AZfederalist on November 4, 2012 at 1:40 AM

Yes, there is something called a writ of mandamus which is an order from a judge to command a public official to perform an act that he is legally required by law to perform.

I’m guessing (don’t know for sure) that in Reid’s case,being a US Senator the writ would have to come from the SCOTUS.

Dark Star on November 4, 2012 at 1:52 AM

*To clarify the last sentence of my previous post: I mean the application for the writ of mandamus would have to be presented to the SCOTUS & the SCOTUS issue the writ.

Dark Star on November 4, 2012 at 1:53 AM

TXUS on November 4, 2012 at 1:43 AM

I so hope you are right. I just have an overall good feeling and to have it be a tsunami would be great. You’ll be able to hear me all the way from CA.

arnold ziffel on November 4, 2012 at 1:54 AM

When did this Gumby thing show up? I used to like hot air. Hot Air should just be called Gumby. He dominates every single thread. Probably the most prolific troll I’ve ever seen at any site. It’s awful.

happytobehere on November 4, 2012 at 12:49 AM

…it may be the fools who are making it prolific?

KOOLAID2 on November 4, 2012 at 1:54 AM

Goodnight all. Time to “Fall back”

Brat on November 4, 2012 at 1:50 AM

Yeah, me, too.

2 more days.

Byron York ‏@ByronYork

Romney in suit and tie looking presidential in WI. Is campaign casual gone for the last four days?

INC on November 4, 2012 at 1:54 AM

gumby is Stephanie Cutter

John the Libertarian on November 4, 2012 at 1:55 AM

Somewhere around Pittsburgh…

“Here is a coal barge on the Ohio River, today.

I note that they are flying the Gadsden flag…”

workingclass artist on November 4, 2012 at 1:36 AM

That is cool. I want to see more of that kind of thing in the few remaining days before the election.

UltimateBob on November 4, 2012 at 1:56 AM

Even in the super biased media polls when they are oversampling democrats they are still cannot get Obama ahead outside the margin of error and in fact the best they can do it to tie it with Romney…

It is over folks, at 11:30 PM on November 6 2012 Romney is going to be elected the 45th President the United States…

mnjg on November 4, 2012 at 1:57 AM

Don’t forget to set your clocks back tonight ya’ll.

As seen on Twitter somewhere: Change your clocks tonight and your president on Tuesday :)

Dirt McGirt on November 4, 2012 at 1:57 AM

I’m all for not being taken in by the latest moby, but I’d like to suggest retiring the lists after Tuesday. They’re starting to bother me.

INC on November 3, 2012 at 10:27 PM

I agree.

Night Owl on November 4, 2012 at 1:58 AM

gumby is Stephanie Cutter

John the Libertarian on November 4, 2012 at 1:55 AM

Stephanie Cutter is Rahm Emmanuel in drag, with the attitude but without the smarts. And not bad looking for a pre-op trannie.

novaculus on November 4, 2012 at 1:59 AM

gumby is Stephanie Cutter

John the Libertarian on November 4, 2012 at 1:55 AM

For a while there I thought he was Juan Williams.

But Juan Williams is a lot smarter.

UltimateBob on November 4, 2012 at 1:00 AM

John the Libertarian on November 4, 2012 at 1:55 AM

Looks like it is the Ducks and Bama??..:)

Dire Straits on November 4, 2012 at 1:00 AM

cane_loader on November 4, 2012 at 1:47 AM

Hang tough, Cane. You might want to look into changing your Dad’s doctor, too, if you can. It sounds as though the one he has is cruising on the edge of malpractice and/or negligence.
I went through about the same thing with my Mom in ’04. My brother and sister couldn’t be bothered to inconvenience themselves to care for her when she was operated on for pancreatic cancer (successful. it bought her another year), so I had to move to No.Carolina and care for her.
It’s never easy and rarely pleasant…but it’s what you do for your parents.Go with God, partner.

Solaratov on November 4, 2012 at 1:00 AM

Do you think that Democrats will vote in greater numbers than they did in 2008?
CLOSE TO 08, IMO, BUT NOT HIGHER

Conservative4ev on November 4, 2012 at 1:51 AM

I didn’t say he’d reach 08′s total, but he’ll get much closer than you guys expect. In Ohio, he’s spend 4 years setting up campaign offices and the turnout machine. That matters.

gumbyandpokey on November 4, 2012 at 1:01 AM

You seem somewhat prissy. Get a skirt principle.

kenny on November 4, 2012 at 1:51 AM

Sorry, sot.

I don’t speak gibberish. What’s a “skirt principle”?

Solaratov on November 4, 2012 at 1:03 AM

Notice the time change in the comments. I need to set my clock back….

UltimateBob on November 4, 2012 at 1:03 AM

mnjg on November 4, 2012 at 1:57 AM

effin A, B, and C. Can’t wait to see Obama concede. I got some tunes in mind.

arnold ziffel on November 4, 2012 at 1:04 AM

Dark Star on November 4, 2012 at 1:42 AM

You’re right DS. I forgot about Bobby Rush, and I didn’t read Ed Klein’s book. I’ve already begun to work on forgetting this hideous person.

The larger point that Klein seems to make from reading excerpts is one that I support, and that is that BO is psychologically weak – as he is in every other way.

While most people seem to fear him and what he might do as a lame duck president I am not. Somewhere inside he knows he is inadequate, that he is a fabrication….. imagine that…. going through life knowing that you’re not really real!

But thanks for pointing that out. I do remember that he went through a period of depression, thoughts of divorce, etc. It’s all falling into place.

He will be around, for sure, and I think mainly for speaking engagements. BO & MO know they can make more money as speakers or whatever they decide to do that being in the WH and without accountability. Money for these two is the driver.

Let us be rid of this pox on our nation. I pray for better days for all of us.

Cody1991 on November 4, 2012 at 1:05 AM

INC on November 4, 2012 at 1:46 AM

Of course it is. No one will listen to me. The drug has a bold warning on the manufacturer’s website that in elderly patients with kidney failure, which Dad has that the dosage MUST be reduced or it will build up and OD the patient, b/c it’s processed by the kidneys. They gave him the max dose after I had left STRONG warning with my mother not to let an yone change his dosage.

She’s now making excuses and telling me she wants proof that the dosage was too high, despite the MANUFACTURER’S WEBSITE!

Oh, here’s the best part.

Mom put my doctor brother in charge of everything accidentally. She signed a paper years ago. I had her read it to me over the phone last wekek. She put my youngest, “doctor” brother” in charge of everything – the entire estate – financially- medically – EVERYTHING.

She is refusing to send it to me. She says that she’s afraid to change it now in case my youngest “doctor” brother sues. My dad told me last summer in person after we discussed it that he thought “three heads are better than one,” and wanted to change it. Mom has been blocking the change since last year.

When she read the medical power-of-attorney out loud last week to me over the phone, she was surprised to see that little doctor brother was given complete financial control over the estate.

She said they never intended that, and doesn’t know how it was put in there.

Same brother will not take my phone calls.

I am going home to sort it out. One brother should not be “King Brother.”

My father heard the whole argument last summer and agreed to change it. It was a three-way argument and Dad said his piece. He said that he would feel better giving his three sons equal say, because “three heads are better than one.”

Mom is refusing to change it because she is afraid little brother will sue if she takes absolute power away from him. Yeah, sounds ridiculous. It is. I told here that no judge would interfere with a document moving TOWARD shared say…… only with a document moving AGAINST shared say. She won’t ;listen. Little brother- NOT the one who posts here has absolute legal power over my parents, and is refusing to take care of them and will not return my calls.

Wish me luck. I am going home to sort it out.

All I know is that a doctor OD’ed my dad against my expressed wishes, and I am heading home to find out who.

Wow, there’s some personal info.

I know I’m abusig Hot Air. Maybe I’m hoping that my middle brother who posts here, who refuses to let me tell him about my parents’ condition, will read this, wake up, and smell the coffee.

Bad times, bro. Wake up.

cane_loader on November 4, 2012 at 1:05 AM

Looks like it is the Ducks and Bama??..:)

Dire Straits on November 4, 2012 at 1:00 AM

Yup. And then Bama will win, because they know ho to load the front line.

John the Libertarian on November 4, 2012 at 1:05 AM

Well, out for the night. Good evening all.

AZfederalist on November 4, 2012 at 1:06 AM

Sorry, sot.

I don’t speak gibberish. What’s a “skirt principle”?

Solaratov on November 4, 2012 at 1:03 AM

….shhhhh!…he thinks this is an AA site…and now he doesn’t have to go to meetings!

KOOLAID2 on November 4, 2012 at 1:07 AM

Romney had leads in all the trackers pre hurricane…

gumbyandpokey

And yet you pretended he didn’t. Go figure.

xblade on November 4, 2012 at 1:08 AM

. And not bad looking for a pre-op trannie.

novaculus on November 4, 2012 at 1:59 AM

So…you’d hit it?

Solaratov on November 4, 2012 at 1:08 AM

Solaratov on November 4, 2012 at 1:00 AM

Mom won’t listen, The two brothers won’t listen. I’m screaming into a void.

Thanks for sharing your story. You sound like you learned the hard, spiritual way. God Bless.

cane_loader on November 4, 2012 at 1:09 AM

Bmore on November 3, 2012 at 10:03 PM

Hey, Bmore aren’t you going to add me:) I feel left out… Phew

MontanaMmmm on November 4, 2012 at 1:10 AM

I’m impressed by the number of comments..:)

Dire Straits on November 4, 2012 at 1:11 AM

this is a massive crowd at Denver..i heard it was big, but..omg

from

(scroll down)

so, i guess that gumby can write off CO. Gumby…your party might want to send Billy J to PA…oh, wait

r keller on November 4, 2012 at 1:11 AM

. And not bad looking for a pre-op trannie.

novaculus on November 4, 2012 at 1:59 AM

So…you’d hit it?

Solaratov on November 4, 2012 at 1:08 AM

What if nobody found out?

arnold ziffel on November 4, 2012 at 1:11 AM

MontanaMmmm on November 4, 2012 at 1:10 AM

Hello..:)

Dire Straits on November 4, 2012 at 1:12 AM

I am now convinced gumby is Stephanie Cutter.

John the Libertarian on November 4, 2012 at 1:12 AM

Dire Straits on November 4, 2012 at 1:11 AM

Good evening, Dire! :)

thatsafactjack on November 4, 2012 at 1:13 AM

Hey, Bmore aren’t you going to add me:) I feel left out… Phew

MontanaMmmm on November 4, 2012 at 1:10 AM

Bmore left early. Is Montana going to dump Testor?

arnold ziffel on November 4, 2012 at 1:14 AM

John the Libertarian on November 4, 2012 at 1:12 AM

I think it’s great to call it ‘Stephanie’, as you’ve done. It prevents it getting paid for any posts, so long as you don’t box quote it’s handle.

thatsafactjack on November 4, 2012 at 1:15 AM

Hello..:)

Dire Straits on November 4, 2012 at 1:12 AM

Hey there.
Has it cleared out in here? I had to skip a bunch of pages.

MontanaMmmm on November 4, 2012 at 1:17 AM