Quotes of the day

posted at 8:31 pm on November 3, 2012 by Allahpundit

“Speaking to an audience, he said, you know voting is the best revenge,” said Romney. “He told his supporters, voting for revenge. Vote for revenge?

“Let me tell you what I’d like to tell you: Vote for love of country,” he said. “It is time we lead America to a better place.”

***

Asked about the revenge kerfuffle, Obama campaign spokeswoman Jen Psaki said, “Mitt Romney is ending this campaign with scare tactics in Ohio with a fake ad about the auto industry,” she said, referring to an ad assailed by automakers as false, one suggesting that Jeep jobs in the U.S. are being sent to China. “The President was simply suggesting if you think the American people deserve better and if you believe the President is offering a better deal for the middle class you have the power to cast your vote.”

***

It was an ugly and small-minded moment, especially for the end of a campaign when candidates usually try to stress larger, optimistic themes. Romney incorporated the “revenge” line in his speech in Ohio Friday night, saying that while Obama advises revenge, he, Romney, wants people to vote “for love of country.”

As Obama traveled to northern Ohio Saturday morning, campaign official Jen Psaki was asked about the “revenge” remark. According to a White House pool report, Psaki said Obama had been speaking in the context of Romney’s “scare tactics” in Ohio. The Republican is “frightening workers in Ohio into thinking, falsely, that they’re not going to have a job,” Psaki said, according to the pool report…

The problem is, the president was actually not speaking in the context of Romney’s highly-controversial ads about bailed-out Chrysler adding production of Jeeps in China. In fact, Obama had not said a word about the Jeep controversy when he said “revenge.”

***

Hard to believe that the guy who promised to “punish our enemies” is now talking about voting for “revenge.”

If you watch the clip itself, it’s not clear at all what Obama’s supporters are supposed to want revenge for. Obama mentions Romney name in the context of his run for the senate in Massachusetts — back when Romney was quite the moderate — and the audience starts to boo. Obama says “no, no. Don’t boo. Vote. Vote. Voting is the best revenge.” Revenge for what? Him running for the senate? Revenge for Romney daring to challenge Obama? I understand Obama is bitter. That’s been obvious for a while. But it’s just a weird and narcissistic assumption that his supporters want “revenge” too. Doesn’t mean it’s wrong, though. Which makes the whole thing even creepier.

***

That’s the best he can do? “Voting is the best revenge”? And against whom should voters seek “revenge” — other Americans? A candidate who has the support of about half the electorate? It is mind-boggling, really, that this sort of snide, negative motivation is what President Obama has saved up for his final appeal.

But that’s really been the story of his campaign all along. Carpet-bomb Mitt Romney with negative ads during the summer and then make the last week of the campaign about Big Bird, “Romnesia” and “binders full of women.” He apparently has given up on luring independent, less-partisan voters (Romney leads by double digits among independents, most pollsters say). In his yearning to turn out his base he must imagine that those voters bear as much animus against his opponents as he does. But of course that’s not how he turned out his base last time. Then it was hope and change; now Romney is the hope and change candidate.

***

“Just yesterday he was asking his supporters at a rally to vote out of revenge,” Ryan said to about 1,000 people at the college gymnasium. “Mitt Romney and I are asking you to vote out of love of country. That’s what we do in this country. We don’t believe in revenge.”

Ryan then co-opted the president’s famous slogan, changing it slightly:

“We believe in change and hope. We actually do,” Ryan said. “In 2008 President Obama made all these lofty promises, it sounded so good. He said that we would have bi-partisanship, that he’d bridge the gap. He said he’d cut the deficit in half, that he’d get people working again, and he’d create jobs. You see all those jobs here in Marietta? Look, it sounded good and when he got elected people naturally expected him to deliver those results but it didn’t happen and look what we got. Washington is more divided than it ever has been before. And the deficit, it doubled from what he said it would be.”

***

Mitt Romney has been making a pitch for bipartisanship in the closing days of the race, and this morning rolled out an endorsement from Hillary Clinton’s former Senate state director, Gigi Georges:

“For most of my life, I’ve been an active Democrat. I am proud to have worked for President Bill Clinton and then-Senator Hillary Clinton, and, during that time, I saw firsthand what can be accomplished by strong, bipartisan leadership. I know what it means to work across the aisle on issues that are important to the American people. And that’s why I am supporting Mitt Romney. Governor Romney has a plan to restore the prosperity this country deserves and expects. He will work with people of good will no matter what their party, and he will pursue the policies that are in the best interest of our country, no matter who proposes them. That’s what President Obama promised to do four years ago. But like so many of his promises, bipartisan cooperation is just another one he has broken. We can’t have four more years of failed policies and two parties that can’t work together. We need the change Mitt Romney is offering.”

***

Romney, whatever else you think about him, is somebody who has fed the hungry, clothed the naked, and visited the sick. In Mr. Whedon’s view of the world, none of that dirty-handed business is necessary: All that is necessary is that one cast a symbolic vote for the man who promises to care, and to express that care by expropriating money from people you don’t like and giving it to people for whom you have a moral concern that is at best theoretical. That is the cheapest form of charity, which surely would occur to Mr. Whedon and his admirers, if they ever took the time to think about it. Fortunately for President Obama, they have shown neither the inclination nor the ability to do so.

For the Dumb Vote, voting is simply an expression of affiliation, a way of marking one’s membership in the tribe of the compassionately ironic or ironically compassionate or whatever. It is a gesture for people who are absolutely certain that they are right — not because they have any meaningful information, but because they are absolutely certain that the other side is evil, which is why they so quickly and consistently revert to claims of racism against a movement that includes lots of non-white partisans, claims of misogyny against a movement that includes an enormous number of women, claims of aspiring Christian theocracy against a movement that includes a great many non-Christians and that is noted for its affinity with the Jewish state, etc.

***

***

***

Comments

Comment pages: 1 11 12 13 14 15

When did this Gumby thing show up? I used to like hot air. Hot Air should just be called Gumby. He dominates every single thread. Probably the most prolific troll I’ve ever seen at any site. It’s awful.

happytobehere on November 4, 2012 at 12:49 AM

Hillary’s wrath

1. Ohioans like being on the winning side, and no president of either party has won election without winning Ohio…because Ohio always goes with the ultimate winner (and this seems to be really hard for pundits to wrap their head around, but it’s just a cultural thing with Ohioans in that they enjoy being “right” on election day and joining the victory party).

Schadenfreude on November 4, 2012 at 12:49 AM

I’ve thought about this for a couple of days and decided that for the LSM “reality television”,
Prezzy ZERO will be the first One voted onto the island!

OkieDoc on November 4, 2012 at 12:49 AM

Good night all :)

gophergirl on November 4, 2012 at 12:49 AM

cane_loader on November 4, 2012 at 12:26 AM

No apologies needed. I’m glad you chose to share it with us. If the the goodwill of your friends here means anything, may it lend you some kind of strength.

novaculus on November 4, 2012 at 12:49 AM

Romney is kicking that silly community organizer’s butt all over the place.

What an azz whoopin.

SparkPlug on November 4, 2012 at 12:49 AM

In Ohio, he’s at 50%, which is the state that matters most.

gumbyandpokey on November 4, 2012 at 12:46 AM

The only polls that have Obama @ 50% requires him to do better than 2008 wrt turnout and Independents.

Not gonna happen. Even hardcore libs at Kos will tell you he’s not going to do better than 2008.

Like I said, no one is voting for Obama.

MrX on November 4, 2012 at 12:49 AM

I’ve predicted a D+3 in OH.

gumbyandpokey on November 4, 2012 at 12:31 AM

D+3 in Ohio? That’s bad. It was D+7 in 2008 and R+1 in 2010.

Resist We Much on November 4, 2012 at 12:35 AM

Actually, it was D+4 in 2008 and R+4 in 2004.

Given the drop off in Dem Registration AND early voting in OH since 2008, absolutely NO CHANCE of D+3. None. Zip. Nada.

R+1 to D+1 is a realistic range, with a higher likelihood towards a stronger GOP turnout.

If Romney is just down 2 in a D+4 poll, he wins OH. Period.

Norwegian on November 4, 2012 at 12:49 AM

happytobehere on November 4, 2012 at 12:49 AM

He does this moby stuff all over conservative sites.

wargamer6 on November 4, 2012 at 12:49 AM

..my fervent hopes it will be a continuation of the Tuesday night celebration. Frankly, if we boot this sack’s ass out in the dust, I plan to wage a week-long bender!

The War Planner on November 3, 2012 at 11:35 PM

Liver don’t fail me now. I’m trying to decide if I should cut back in prep for the party or keep in shape so when the day comes the big guy is familiar with abuse.

arnold ziffel on November 4, 2012 at 12:49 AM

Going through the senate seats real quick…

GOP is likely to have 49-51 seats on Nov 7th…

Goodnight

MGardner on November 4, 2012 at 12:50 AM

Key West Reader on November 4, 2012 at 12:38 AM

Good to see you. I was thinking earlier that it had been a while.

jaime on November 4, 2012 at 12:50 AM

Prezzy ZERO will be the first One voted onto the island!

OkieDoc on November 4, 2012 at 12:49 AM

Schadenfreude on November 4, 2012 at 12:50 AM

What’s with the “eeeeeeewwwwwwww!”? Ferrets are way COOL!

listens2glenn on November 4, 2012 at 12:43 AM

..good way to get one’s nose chewed off, glenn!

The War Planner on November 4, 2012 at 12:45 AM

My son and his girlfriend had one seven years ago (they called it “Nibbles”), and it was as cuddly as could be. I don’t believe it ever bit anybody.
But just to be clear, that is the only ferret I’ve had contact with, till now.

listens2glenn on November 4, 2012 at 12:50 AM

She had a “ballot” dress on the other day. Now this tonight. She is crazy.

Brat on November 4, 2012 at 12:44 AM

Never saw her before, but a little thick in thighs isn’t she? What’s she do, besides fail to shut the f**k up?

TXUS on November 4, 2012 at 12:50 AM

In Ohio, he’s at 50%, which is the state that matters most.

gumbyandpokey on November 4, 2012 at 12:46 AM

He hits 50% in a D+4 mail-in poll that shows the electorate in Ohio will be 40% Democrat. You’re joking, right?

TarheelBen on November 4, 2012 at 12:51 AM

Good night GG!

KCB on November 4, 2012 at 12:51 AM

OMG. ANOTHER BISHOP for Sparky.

I have three freaking Bishops on this thread.

page 2, page 4, and page 13

And I was gone from pages 4 through 12. Had to eat a sammich and stuff.

Freaky.

SparkPlug on November 4, 2012 at 12:51 AM

Do to economics world a favour and shoot Krugman.

Resist We Much on November 4, 2012 at 12:42 AM

To ferret from the Latin is to steal.

Ferrets love to steal, but libs steal to love.

I’ll only shoot the later.

OTTO on November 4, 2012 at 12:51 AM

Hey I had a Bishop on Page 13 and it went away.

WTH?

SparkPlug on November 4, 2012 at 12:52 AM

Liberal blogs are saying it is a landslide for Obama. I don’t spend a lot of time with the 47%, but if true, it would not matter anymore whatever happened or who ever ran. The 47% would just proceed to plunder, steal, and destroy and nothing can stop them. Because Obama is a disaster and i cannot even believe it is close.

pat on November 4, 2012 at 12:52 AM

NJ is allowing voting by E-mail & Fax…I expect the population of NJ to suddenly increase sharply as Obama is a favorite in China.

workingclass artist on November 4, 2012 at 12:52 AM

SparkPlug on November 4, 2012 at 12:51 AM

Show off…

KCB on November 4, 2012 at 12:52 AM

Good night all :)

gophergirl on November 4, 2012 at 12:49 AM

‘nite gophergirl

jaime on November 4, 2012 at 12:53 AM

Prezzy ZERO will be the first One voted onto the island!

OkieDoc on November 4, 2012 at 12:49 AM

Wish I could be on the tarmac, January 20, running out in a white suit and yelling to him, “De plane, de plane!”

TXUS on November 4, 2012 at 12:53 AM

SparkPlug on November 4, 2012 at 12:51 AM

Uncanny :)

Schadenfreude on November 4, 2012 at 12:54 AM

TXUS on November 4, 2012 at 12:53 AM

Schadenfreude on November 4, 2012 at 12:54 AM

..eeeeeeewwwwwwww!

The War Planner on November 4, 2012 at 12:39 AM

Stinky kisses are still kisses.
I’ve had dog kisses after a day at the river…
Swampy dogs are the worst.

OTTO on November 4, 2012 at 12:55 AM

No, but the late defrauders will.

TXUS on November 4, 2012 at 12:47 AM

I fully expect that Obama will receive 104% of the found “trunk vote”.

Laura in Maryland on November 4, 2012 at 12:55 AM

arnold ziffel on November 4, 2012 at 12:49 AM

You know what they say:

use it or lose it

jaime on November 4, 2012 at 12:55 AM

When did this Gumby thing show up?

happytobehere on November 4, 2012 at 12:49 AM

It’ll be gone in three days. As I said earlier, am starting to suspect gumby is pretty high up in the Obama campaign because of the relentlessness and the particular flavor of dishonesty.

John the Libertarian on November 4, 2012 at 12:55 AM

Show off…

KCB on November 4, 2012 at 12:52 AM

Hey, I wan’t even trying. But I got robbed on pg 13. I had it, I really had it and then they took it away from me cause I flunked a silly urine test.

SparkPlug on November 4, 2012 at 12:55 AM

Ed Henry: “Obama camp announces Bill Clinton doing FOUR events in PENNSYLVANIA Monday”

steebo77 on November 4, 2012 at 12:55 AM

Perhaps you should just read “War and Peace”.

Writing coherent sentences and connecting them in some meaningful way seems rather beyond you.

Solaratov on November 4, 2012 at 12:45 AM

Oro se do Bheatha Bhaile

kenny on November 4, 2012 at 12:48 AM

In case you don’t know , it is Irish for F off

kenny on November 4, 2012 at 12:55 AM

drian Gray ‏@adrian_gray

OHIO: GOP has increased their early turnout by more than 100k from 2008. Dems down 150k. That is 250k net (Obama won in 2008 by 260k).

Resist We Much on November 4, 2012 at 12:56 AM

Wonder twin powers…ACTIVATE. Form of TIDAL WAVE. Shape of AN ELEPHANT.

wargamer6 on November 4, 2012 at 12:56 AM

Not intruding, just observing. You might be asked upon to be the family’s care-taker because you are the stronger one. It doesn’t excuse the others at all. It just seems that every family has one sibling who does the heavy lifting while the other/others skate. Karma does catch up with all, miraculously.

Schadenfreude on November 3, 2012 at 11:55 PM

Maybe so. Thanks for the point of view. I hope I am strong. Actually, I know I am strong. But I am getting weak. My congenital conditon is getting worse. I am ill but I hope I will get better. My bloodwork is pretty bad, and I will not be enjoying a full lifespan; the doctor has already established that. But I must take care of business.

cane_loader on November 4, 2012 at 12:56 AM

listens2glenn on November 4, 2012 at 12:43 AM

Dook dook dook

OTTO on November 4, 2012 at 12:56 AM

happytobehere on November 4, 2012 at 12:49 AM

I place it in the same category as dog sh!t on the sidewalk, and notice it just enough to avoid stepping in it. Works for me.

novaculus on November 4, 2012 at 12:56 AM

Schadenfreude on November 4, 2012 at 12:54 AM

*clink*

Mitt in a romp. Barky will get 45%. H/T BMore

SparkPlug on November 4, 2012 at 12:57 AM

She had a “ballot” dress on the other day. Now this tonight. She is crazy.

Brat on November 4, 2012 at 12:44 AM

TXUS on November 4, 2012 at 12:50 AM

Apparently she sings but with what passes as “talent” these days I’m sure it is caterwauling.

Here’s the ballot dress.

Brat on November 4, 2012 at 12:57 AM

SparkPlug on November 4, 2012 at 12:55 AM

Happened to me before as well. It was one freakin night! C’mon!!

KCB on November 4, 2012 at 12:57 AM

Obama at 47% in PA is bad for Romney, per gumby.

wargamer6 on November 4, 2012 at 12:34 AM

Of course it is.

‏@edhenryTV

Obama camp announces Bill Clinton doing FOUR events in PENNSYLVANIA Monday … let the intrigue swirl a little more

Flora Duh on November 4, 2012 at 12:57 AM

steebo77 on November 4, 2012 at 12:55 AM

Desperado

Schadenfreude on November 4, 2012 at 12:58 AM

Schadenfreude on November 4, 2012 at 12:50 AM

Shit man, don’t DO That!
Almost choked on my Fuente and I swore not to inhale.
Coughs…
Again.

OkieDoc on November 4, 2012 at 12:58 AM

happytobehere on November 4, 2012 at 12:49 AM

Agreed. At a certain point a monkey figures out that it’s a football and stops trying to fornicate with it. No such luck yet with the threadjacker.

Left Coast Right Mind on November 4, 2012 at 12:58 AM

If I may ask, does the sibling’s moniker end with an “r”? Dont mean to pry, but just wondering.

TxAnn56 on November 4, 2012 at 12:45 AM

Nope. Ends with an “n.”

He’s abandoned his parents, and refused calls for help. But he talks wise here.

cane_loader on November 4, 2012 at 12:58 AM

steebo77 on November 4, 2012 at 12:55 AM

Perfect. Slick Willie will poison pill it for Barry. Clinton hasn’t actually been bring the A-game.

nome sayin’

Plus that means PA is in play.

SparkPlug on November 4, 2012 at 12:59 AM

it is Irish for F off

kenny on November 4, 2012 at 12:55 AM

Nope. It’s Irish for “I’m drunk and rambling again.”

John the Libertarian on November 4, 2012 at 12:59 AM

Prezzy ZERO will be the first One voted onto the island!

OkieDoc on November 4, 2012 at 12:49 AM

TXUS on November 4, 2012 at 12:53 AM

I said earlier that the POTUS portion of this election should be determined by the residents of Staten Island.

I think they’d ALL like to have a “crack” at him.

listens2glenn on November 4, 2012 at 12:59 AM

NumbersMuncher ‏@NumbersMuncher

PPP(D) has O+8 in MN, 53-45. Sample is D+8 – was D+4 in 08. MN is a longshot for Romney, but going to be closer than many expect.

3h NumbersMuncher NumbersMuncher ‏@NumbersMuncher

Look at Wisconsin where a hard battle was fought in the recall. Turnout was R+1 – was D+6 in 08. That’s what you’re seeing across all states

3h NumbersMuncher NumbersMuncher ‏@NumbersMuncher

You get polls where Dems increase 08 turnout in Ohio, you remember Obama’s 80K rally in 2008 now at 4K. Romney draws 30K now. Doesn’t add up

NumbersMuncher NumbersMuncher ‏@NumbersMuncher

When Gallup, Rasmussen and now Pew all agree that party ID is going to be arond 2004/10 (even),you have to question polls like OH being D+9.

Resist We Much on November 4, 2012 at 12:59 AM

Likely voters’ also remain evenly divided in their assessments of Obama’s overall job performance: 50 percent approve of the way he is handling the presidency; 49 percent disapprove. The stability of these numbers — and of the presidential contest — make it unlikely that high ratings on handling the storm damage will move the needle on either front, but 70 percent of those who give Obama negative marks generally give him positive marks on the hurricane. Source

Flora Duh on November 4, 2012 at 12:43 AM

An incumbent does not lose with a 50% approval rating.

gumbyandpokey on November 4, 2012 at 1:00 AM

Uh oh…………

Chicago, Chicago, Chicago… definitely watch the vid.

No wonder BO isn’t going back to Chi Town when he loses.

Cody1991 on November 4, 2012 at 1:01 AM

kenny is having another tantrum.

SparkPlug on November 4, 2012 at 1:01 AM

Here’s the ballot dress.

Brat on November 4, 2012 at 12:57 AM

Wonder if Reggie’s getting a little jealous these days???

TXUS on November 4, 2012 at 1:01 AM

Notice how gumby won’t answer the PA question?

wargamer6 on November 4, 2012 at 1:03 AM

steebo77 on November 4, 2012 at 12:55 AM

I love the smell of liberal panic

workingclass artist on November 4, 2012 at 1:03 AM

LOL! Yes!

Resist We Much on November 4, 2012 at 12:40 AM

Ok I thought so. Wonderful! I read it imagining a Brit accent lol

Stray Cat on November 4, 2012 at 1:03 AM

I had to watch the rerun of Judge Jeanine on FOX. The former CIA guy and military guy were interrupting each other they had so much to say. They pointed out that the WH Situation Room would have known pretty quickly that there were no Libyans coming to assist in fighting off the terrorists. They also put paid to Panetta’s excuse by saying, “If you wait for info, bad things happen.”

INC on November 4, 2012 at 1:04 AM

Nope. It’s Irish for “I’m drunk and rambling again.”

John the Libertarian on November 4, 2012 at 12:59 AM

BTDT

I digress…

0_0

OTTO on November 4, 2012 at 1:04 AM

Nope. It’s Irish for “I’m drunk and rambling again.”

John the Libertarian on November 4, 2012 at 12:59 AM

Stop displaying your ignorance. Poor soul, who has no lady.

kenny on November 4, 2012 at 1:04 AM

Fading out . . . . . see y’all in the morning.

listens2glenn on November 4, 2012 at 1:05 AM

An incumbent does not lose with a 50% approval rating.

gumbyandpokey on November 4, 2012 at 1:00 AM

Too bad your boy can’t get over 47. In Oregon, of all places.

John the Libertarian on November 4, 2012 at 1:06 AM

listens2glenn on November 4, 2012 at 1:05 AM

‘nite l2g

jaime on November 4, 2012 at 1:06 AM

‘Nite All

jaime on November 4, 2012 at 1:06 AM

No, don’t apologize. We may only know each other by nicknames because of where we post, but we all know there are real humans on the other end with real lives. Will keep you in our thoughts and prayers and your family as well. Real life is more important than anything on-line and I pray that you have the spiritual comfort to get through the coming weeks closer to God.

AZfederalist on November 4, 2012 at 12:40 AM

Many thanks. You and novaculus, too. You guys just reading how much pain I’m in, and responding, helps a lot. When the tree falls in the forest and no one hears it, it can be the end.

I’m in a bad spot, with a broken family, but hearing the responses from some of you, and your own tough situations, has made it better. Sorry to the management for the mawkishness. I could just use some help from my brothers, and they apparently have decided to just wait until everyone dies and pick up the pieces and accuse me of stealing the bacon.

Family can suck, royally.

cane_loader on November 4, 2012 at 1:07 AM

so big deal.

gumbyandpokey on November 4, 2012 at 12:23 AM

The point is you were wrong again and when proven you did not admit it you changed the subject. You are consistently wrong we all know that anything you post the opposite is is true.

IowaWoman on November 4, 2012 at 1:07 AM

Flora Duh on November 4, 2012 at 12:57 AM

Prayers for your sister and family Flora. May the Lord keep you all in His hand.

AZfederalist on November 4, 2012 at 1:07 AM

SEALs ad if you haven’t yet seen it:

Navy SEALs Expose Obama

INC on November 4, 2012 at 1:08 AM

I love the smell of liberal panic

workingclass artist on November 4, 2012 at 1:03 AM

After awhile you get used to the smell of ferrets.
Once you give them free food and shelter/0phones they tend to mellow.

OTTO on November 4, 2012 at 1:08 AM

************Possible Propaghanda Polling Alert ************

G’Nite once again:)

Obama and Mitt Romney tied nationally in new Washington Post-ABC poll – @washingtonpost

-1824 secs ago from http://www.washingtonpost.com by editor
========================================================

WaPo-ABC tracking poll: all tied up as Romney draws even on favorability

on November 4, 2012 at 12:01 am
*********************************

President Obama and Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney are once again tied nationally with just days to go in the 2012 campaign, according to the latest

Washington Post-ABC News tracking poll.

Post-ABC 2012 election tracking poll, Oct. 30-Nov. 2
Sunday, November 4, 12:12 AM
—————————-

Among likely voters, Obama and Romney are deadlocked at 48 percent. For the first time this year, the two contenders are also tied among political independents, with 46 percent apiece. Before this poll, Romney had been consistently ahead with these potentially critical voters.

While Obama has evened the score with independents, the challenger has made gains of his own. Heading into Nov. 6, 53 percent of likely voters express favorable impressions of the former Massachusetts governor, right in line with the 54 percent who view the president favorably.

The close competitiveness on “favorability,” the most basic test of popularity, amplifies uncertainty about the election’s outcome. When Presidents Ronald Reagan, Bill Clinton and George W. Bush won reelection, they were all more popular than their opponents. When President George H.W. Bush lost in 1992, he was less popular than challenger Clinton was at the time. There is no modern precedent for an incumbent being at parity with the challenger on this front.

The last time that opposing presidential candidates – regardless of incumbency – were so closely paired in favorable ratings was in 2000. Some 46 percent of likely voters rated Bush favorably, and a similar 44 percent rating for Vice President Al Gore. That election famously ended in a near popular vote tie.

Romney’s improved image stems in part from how he performed in the three presidential debates. Fully 62 percent of likely voters say Romney’s debate performances are a factor in their votes, and among the 26 percent who call those a “major factor,” Romney leads Obama by nearly 2 to 1, or 63 to 34 percent.

Voters are evenly divided about whether Obama’s handling of the Hurricane Sandy response is or is not a factor in their vote.

Obama had received broad, bipartisan praise
——————————————–

for how he dealt with the initial aftermath of the storm that ripped through the East Coast last week.

The Post-ABC tracking poll
————————–

is a series of consecutive, one-night “waves” of interviews reported as a rolling, multi-night average. The new results are for interviews conducted Oct. 30 to Nov. 2, among a random sample of 1,809 likely voters. The results have an error margin of plus or minus three percentage points.
=================================

canopfor on November 4, 2012 at 1:09 AM

Uh oh…………

Chicago, Chicago, Chicago… definitely watch the vid.

No wonder BO isn’t going back to Chi Town when he loses.

Cody1991 on November 4, 2012 at 1:01 AM

I read the article. Don’t think Obama can get anywhere near losing Chicago (BTW, he is going there after he’s done campaigning), but if he doesn’t do well there, he’ll lose Illinois regardless what the polls say. It’s strange, but a LOT of people in Illinois hate Democrats for what they’ve done to the state. If it weren’t for Chicago, that state would be solid red. I think it’s just a matter of time.

MrX on November 4, 2012 at 1:09 AM

Fading out . . . . . see y’all in the morning.

listens2glenn on November 4, 2012 at 1:05 AM

Quick! smell my ferret!

OTTO on November 4, 2012 at 1:09 AM

She had a “ballot” dress on the other day. Now this tonight. She is crazy.

Brat on November 4, 2012 at 12:44 AM

TXUS on November 4, 2012 at 12:50 AM

I think she is quite pretty, didn’t know she had shit for brains. Here she is in another time.

arnold ziffel on November 4, 2012 at 1:09 AM

Obama’s Chicago is Obama’s America

Black Chicagoans from the south and west sides took their message to what they say is the source of the problem when they converged outside of a fundraiser held by Mayor Emanuel for Barack Obama and then marched to the studios of ABC News.

Their message, “let us work in our own community,” was made all the more poignant as the ABC News crew ignored the news event outside their very studious. Not one camera was sent to cover the news that was, literally, placed at their doorstep.

The protest, which took place Thursday evening, addressed these community members’ growing desperation as their wartorn neighborhoods are redeveloped by political cronies, evicting residents and shutting out local investors, and use union labor from outside the community to do the work. It’s a corrupt cycle of government “work” that takes advantage of the poor, evicting them, and then redeveloping the properties to benefit anyone but the community.

In the video below, community members who say they are desperate for jobs and investment, focus their protest against liberal leadership, including Obama and Emanuel, so-called community organizations like ACORN, and unions:

Schadenfreude on November 4, 2012 at 1:09 AM

TXUS on November 4, 2012 at 1:01 AM

Yep, him and Vera Baker! But at least Reg is still lurking around on the down low. Poor Vera was exiled to an island.

Brat on November 4, 2012 at 1:10 AM

cane_loader on November 4, 2012 at 1:07 AM

Are there any of your parents’ friends or neighbors who could lend a hand or lend an ear to help sort things out?

INC on November 4, 2012 at 1:10 AM

arnold ziffel on November 4, 2012 at 12:49 AM

..romeo oscar golf, alpha zulu!

The War Planner on November 4, 2012 at 1:10 AM

Forget Obama

Never forget 911-Benghazi

SparkPlug on November 4, 2012 at 1:10 AM

Poor soul, who has no lady.

kenny on November 4, 2012 at 1:04 AM

Now, about your drinking problem…

John the Libertarian on November 4, 2012 at 1:10 AM

Gotta wash all this down with a batch of Hot and Sour soup, with the black shrooms (the kind that look like tiny manta rays) with some fried wontons.
I’ll read the rest of posts whilst waitin for talking heads on Sun shows.
nighties…

OkieDoc on November 4, 2012 at 1:11 AM

The War Planner on November 4, 2012 at 12:46 AM

Good evening. How’r you this fine night?

Solaratov on November 4, 2012 at 1:11 AM

Ok I thought so. Wonderful! I read it imagining a Brit accent lol

Stray Cat on November 4, 2012 at 1:03 AM

I have a certain desire to destroy valour thieves. The last Fleet Admiral was Chester Nimitz and he died in 1966. He also claims to teach physics, mathematics, and applied nuclear something at BOTH Harvard and MIT.

lolz

Resist We Much on November 4, 2012 at 1:12 AM

arnold ziffel on November 4, 2012 at 1:09 AM

She was married to that vile disgusting pig Russell Brand. How smart can she be.

Brat on November 4, 2012 at 1:12 AM

SEALs ad if you haven’t yet seen it:

Navy SEALs Expose Obama

INC on November 4, 2012 at 1:08 AM

How can a once decent guy like Jim Webb support the likes of Obama, Reid, Durbin and John eff Kerry?

arnold ziffel on November 4, 2012 at 1:12 AM

I think they’d ALL like to have a “crack” at him.

listens2glenn on November 4, 2012 at 12:59 AM

When he walked the Jersey “Shore” with the Fat One, regaled so bravely in his bomber jacket and sharply creased Khakis, and promised the sky to so many people who still today can’t use their own toilets and are freezing without power or food or water, it was at that very moment that Sandy became his personal Katrina.

The CorruptMedia, of course, initially fell in line and noted his presidential pose and lifting of hope. The same media, however, cannot escape the abject suffering of the people in the region and the federal government’s incompetence and failure to address it.

Don’t think that the voters, the undecideds I should say, all over the country are seeing these reports, they are heart breaking.

He was undone before Sandy, but I think she may have been God’s coda to his final and forever undoing. And, he didn’t do himself any favors by suggesting that voting is the best revenge, a knife that ends up cutting its own handler.

TXUS on November 4, 2012 at 1:13 AM

After awhile you get used to the smell of ferrets.
Once you give them free food and shelter/0phones they tend to mellow.

OTTO on November 4, 2012 at 1:08 AM

Well that and when you can live uptown and upwind, you don’t notice the odor from your captive plantation residents base constituents.

AZfederalist on November 4, 2012 at 1:13 AM

Never forget 911-Benghazi

SparkPlug on November 4, 2012 at 1:10 AM

B-b-but I keep being told by gumby and Kunta that it’s not a story.

John the Libertarian on November 4, 2012 at 1:13 AM

Notice how gumby won’t answer the PA question?

wargamer6 on November 4, 2012 at 1:03 AM

Gumby could never get the “pa” answer from gumby’s “ma” either.

OTTO on November 4, 2012 at 1:14 AM

i wonder if gumpy is grumpy over Newsday endorsing Romney?

so funny

r keller on November 4, 2012 at 1:14 AM

When the tree falls in the forest and no one hears it, it can be the end.

—————————————-

Family can suck, royally.

cane_loader on November 4, 2012 at 1:07 AM

Cane, I’ve been through it, too, and I’m sure many here have unfortunately been in the same position. It’s awful. It’s heartbreaking, but one thing I learned is that a few of my friends are really my family….. they’re better, in fact.

Don’t be that tree. See it through as best you can, and let us know how you’re doing.

Cody1991 on November 4, 2012 at 1:14 AM

base constituents.

AZfederalist on November 4, 2012 at 1:13 AM

BASE
LOL

OTTO on November 4, 2012 at 1:15 AM

John the Libertarian on November 4, 2012 at 1:13 AM

ahaha, Kunta is going to have a melt down. Total kewl aide drinker

SparkPlug on November 4, 2012 at 1:15 AM

She was married to that vile disgusting pig Russell Brand. How smart can she be?

Brat on November 4, 2012 at 1:12 AM

Well then, with her support of Obama we know the answer to that.

arnold ziffel on November 4, 2012 at 1:15 AM

This moron clearly knows no more about being a President than a jackal does table manners. Besides Fat Boy and his ilk be white devils. REVENGE!

pat on November 4, 2012 at 1:15 AM

cane_loader on November 4, 2012 at 12:39 AM

…have a safe trip c_l and peace be with you!
Duh…prayer’s for your sister!…(and KWR…I saw you earlier…and I haven’t skipped a night!)

KOOLAID2 on November 4, 2012 at 1:16 AM

An incumbent does not lose with a 50% approval rating.

gumbyandpokey on November 4, 2012 at 1:00 AM

Remind us, who’s your governor?

Flora Duh on November 4, 2012 at 1:16 AM

i wonder if gumpy is grumpy over Newsday endorsing Romney?

so funny

r keller on November 4, 2012 at 1:14 AM

Interesting. Ace had a good analysis of how it only takes 10 points for Obama to fail. And that, in terms of newspaper endorsements, he’s actually lost 20 percent.

See ya!

John the Libertarian on November 4, 2012 at 1:17 AM

arnold ziffel on November 4, 2012 at 1:12 AM

I don’t know. I really don’t. In 2010 a guy I’d known for years was running for office at the state level. I was ready to go help when I found out he was registered as a Dem. I couldn’t believe it. I knew his character, his family, and I couldn’t believe he would still be associated with the Dems. I didn’t offer any help.

INC on November 4, 2012 at 1:17 AM

kenny on November 4, 2012 at 12:48 AM

Tá sé deas i gcónaí a bheith sa bhaile.

Solaratov on November 4, 2012 at 1:18 AM