Quotes of the day

posted at 8:31 pm on November 3, 2012 by Allahpundit

“Speaking to an audience, he said, you know voting is the best revenge,” said Romney. “He told his supporters, voting for revenge. Vote for revenge?

“Let me tell you what I’d like to tell you: Vote for love of country,” he said. “It is time we lead America to a better place.”

***

Asked about the revenge kerfuffle, Obama campaign spokeswoman Jen Psaki said, “Mitt Romney is ending this campaign with scare tactics in Ohio with a fake ad about the auto industry,” she said, referring to an ad assailed by automakers as false, one suggesting that Jeep jobs in the U.S. are being sent to China. “The President was simply suggesting if you think the American people deserve better and if you believe the President is offering a better deal for the middle class you have the power to cast your vote.”

***

It was an ugly and small-minded moment, especially for the end of a campaign when candidates usually try to stress larger, optimistic themes. Romney incorporated the “revenge” line in his speech in Ohio Friday night, saying that while Obama advises revenge, he, Romney, wants people to vote “for love of country.”

As Obama traveled to northern Ohio Saturday morning, campaign official Jen Psaki was asked about the “revenge” remark. According to a White House pool report, Psaki said Obama had been speaking in the context of Romney’s “scare tactics” in Ohio. The Republican is “frightening workers in Ohio into thinking, falsely, that they’re not going to have a job,” Psaki said, according to the pool report…

The problem is, the president was actually not speaking in the context of Romney’s highly-controversial ads about bailed-out Chrysler adding production of Jeeps in China. In fact, Obama had not said a word about the Jeep controversy when he said “revenge.”

***

Hard to believe that the guy who promised to “punish our enemies” is now talking about voting for “revenge.”

If you watch the clip itself, it’s not clear at all what Obama’s supporters are supposed to want revenge for. Obama mentions Romney name in the context of his run for the senate in Massachusetts — back when Romney was quite the moderate — and the audience starts to boo. Obama says “no, no. Don’t boo. Vote. Vote. Voting is the best revenge.” Revenge for what? Him running for the senate? Revenge for Romney daring to challenge Obama? I understand Obama is bitter. That’s been obvious for a while. But it’s just a weird and narcissistic assumption that his supporters want “revenge” too. Doesn’t mean it’s wrong, though. Which makes the whole thing even creepier.

***

That’s the best he can do? “Voting is the best revenge”? And against whom should voters seek “revenge” — other Americans? A candidate who has the support of about half the electorate? It is mind-boggling, really, that this sort of snide, negative motivation is what President Obama has saved up for his final appeal.

But that’s really been the story of his campaign all along. Carpet-bomb Mitt Romney with negative ads during the summer and then make the last week of the campaign about Big Bird, “Romnesia” and “binders full of women.” He apparently has given up on luring independent, less-partisan voters (Romney leads by double digits among independents, most pollsters say). In his yearning to turn out his base he must imagine that those voters bear as much animus against his opponents as he does. But of course that’s not how he turned out his base last time. Then it was hope and change; now Romney is the hope and change candidate.

***

“Just yesterday he was asking his supporters at a rally to vote out of revenge,” Ryan said to about 1,000 people at the college gymnasium. “Mitt Romney and I are asking you to vote out of love of country. That’s what we do in this country. We don’t believe in revenge.”

Ryan then co-opted the president’s famous slogan, changing it slightly:

“We believe in change and hope. We actually do,” Ryan said. “In 2008 President Obama made all these lofty promises, it sounded so good. He said that we would have bi-partisanship, that he’d bridge the gap. He said he’d cut the deficit in half, that he’d get people working again, and he’d create jobs. You see all those jobs here in Marietta? Look, it sounded good and when he got elected people naturally expected him to deliver those results but it didn’t happen and look what we got. Washington is more divided than it ever has been before. And the deficit, it doubled from what he said it would be.”

***

Mitt Romney has been making a pitch for bipartisanship in the closing days of the race, and this morning rolled out an endorsement from Hillary Clinton’s former Senate state director, Gigi Georges:

“For most of my life, I’ve been an active Democrat. I am proud to have worked for President Bill Clinton and then-Senator Hillary Clinton, and, during that time, I saw firsthand what can be accomplished by strong, bipartisan leadership. I know what it means to work across the aisle on issues that are important to the American people. And that’s why I am supporting Mitt Romney. Governor Romney has a plan to restore the prosperity this country deserves and expects. He will work with people of good will no matter what their party, and he will pursue the policies that are in the best interest of our country, no matter who proposes them. That’s what President Obama promised to do four years ago. But like so many of his promises, bipartisan cooperation is just another one he has broken. We can’t have four more years of failed policies and two parties that can’t work together. We need the change Mitt Romney is offering.”

***

Romney, whatever else you think about him, is somebody who has fed the hungry, clothed the naked, and visited the sick. In Mr. Whedon’s view of the world, none of that dirty-handed business is necessary: All that is necessary is that one cast a symbolic vote for the man who promises to care, and to express that care by expropriating money from people you don’t like and giving it to people for whom you have a moral concern that is at best theoretical. That is the cheapest form of charity, which surely would occur to Mr. Whedon and his admirers, if they ever took the time to think about it. Fortunately for President Obama, they have shown neither the inclination nor the ability to do so.

For the Dumb Vote, voting is simply an expression of affiliation, a way of marking one’s membership in the tribe of the compassionately ironic or ironically compassionate or whatever. It is a gesture for people who are absolutely certain that they are right — not because they have any meaningful information, but because they are absolutely certain that the other side is evil, which is why they so quickly and consistently revert to claims of racism against a movement that includes lots of non-white partisans, claims of misogyny against a movement that includes an enormous number of women, claims of aspiring Christian theocracy against a movement that includes a great many non-Christians and that is noted for its affinity with the Jewish state, etc.

***

***

***

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 15

Wow..
Early

Electrongod on November 3, 2012 at 8:32 PM

bishop

conservative tarheel on November 3, 2012 at 8:33 PM

Revenge…
You ain’t seen nothing yet…

Electrongod on November 3, 2012 at 8:34 PM

I really hope that on Tuesday evening this long national nightmare is over
and we can actually start righting the ship of state …

conservative tarheel on November 3, 2012 at 8:35 PM

Go gutandpoke yourselves.

Lanceman on November 3, 2012 at 8:35 PM

And the deficit, it doubled from what he said it would be.

It’s actually quadruple what he said it would be. He said he would cut it in half and he doubled it.

Kataklysmic on November 3, 2012 at 8:35 PM

Gumby to check in shortly..

Electrongod on November 3, 2012 at 8:36 PM

I really hope that on Tuesday evening this long national nightmare is over
and we can actually start righting the ship of state …

conservative tarheel on November 3, 2012 at 8:35 PM

11/7 to 1/20 is going to feel like an eternity. There won’t be any righting of the ship during that time. Just King Barry saying damn the iceburg full speed ahead.

Kataklysmic on November 3, 2012 at 8:37 PM

RT @jmgehrke: Team Obama giving away free pizza at miami dade county early voting location. #flsen http://lockerz.com/s/258680214

Hmmmmm…

tetriskid on November 3, 2012 at 8:38 PM

as I stated late yesterday in QOTD ….
in the primaries I was ABR ….
after Romney won … I was ABO ….
after hearing Romney on the stump
and seeing his vision for America
Especially after the debates I am . have been
on board the Mitt Romney victory tour bus …

conservative tarheel on November 3, 2012 at 8:39 PM

Went out and got my Election night goodies today. Here’s hoping the two big bottles of booze are drained in celebration.

gophergirl on November 3, 2012 at 8:39 PM

In the beginning when he was elected, I didn’t think that I could think of him as “my” president. Smarter men than me like Jim Treacher said that was sophomoric and I agree. Since he was Commander in Chief for the last two years I was in the Army, I tried to maintain a standard in which I addressed him. Here for the longest time I always referred to him as President Obama and never any names.

I feel like that was such a waste of effort on a man who did not deserve that. From any of us. He is not presidential and not a man look up to. He is a disgrace to the office. A liar and subversive to what made this country great.

He is beneath contempt for saying that revenge is what should motivate people to vote against Mitt Romney.

Whether through this election or impeachment, we cannot rid ourselves of him fast enough.

hawkdriver on November 3, 2012 at 8:39 PM

Revenge for a sexist, racist capitalist system built upon the exploitation of the working class. Er, non-working class.

Capitalist dogs!

AshleyTKing on November 3, 2012 at 8:40 PM

It was an ugly and small-minded moment

The last four years have been a series of Obama’s many ugly and small-minded moments, from “I won,” to “voting is the best revenge.” He is nothing but a Chicago community agitator and political thug.

INC on November 3, 2012 at 8:40 PM

Was Jim Messina dropped a lot as a child?

Fallon on November 3, 2012 at 8:40 PM

I really hope that on Tuesday evening this long national nightmare is over
and we can actually start righting the ship of state …

conservative tarheel on November 3, 2012 at 8:35 PM

This election will be called by 10pm EST on election night. I don’t think it’s going to be as close as the pundits are predicting.

loveofcountry on November 3, 2012 at 8:40 PM

this long national nightmare

conservative tarheel on November 3, 2012 at 8:35 PM

Took me six years to get sick of SickWillie.

Six months to tire of Barocco Mediate.

Lanceman on November 3, 2012 at 8:40 PM

New polls out:

MN Romney 47 Obama 46
NH Romney 47 Obama 47

The same New Hampshire pollster had the race at 49-41 Obama before Sandy. Huge movement to Romney, especially among independents.

Norwegian on November 3, 2012 at 8:42 PM

Williamson is taking no prisoners.

Kataklysmic on November 3, 2012 at 8:42 PM

gophergirl on November 3, 2012 at 8:39 PM

I did the same..

But I am having a sample right now :)

Electrongod on November 3, 2012 at 8:42 PM

loveofcountry on November 3, 2012 at 8:40 PM

Just thinking about that red map is making me h o t

tom daschle concerned on November 3, 2012 at 8:42 PM

The 2:33 video freaking ROCKS!

hawkdriver on November 3, 2012 at 8:43 PM

I applaud Mr. Romney for taking the high road.

I, on the other hand, have lost my map and my subscription to my Garmin is lapsed.

If that creep Messina isn’t in prison for something involving dropped trow and children before 1/1/16 I’ll eat my hat.

Obama is, as usual, is completely in the gutter and on the defensive; the press is completely in his corner, projecting Obama’s gafftasitc commentary upon his opponent.

Please, dear Lord, deliver us from this evil that is the Obama administration.

(As a side prayer, I wouldn’t complain if some schadenfreudtastic incident occurred between now and Tuesday that caused a near suicidal case of humiliation to Mr. Obama)

turfmann on November 3, 2012 at 8:43 PM

Oops, um, I forgot, neo-colonialist running dogs!

AshleyTKing on November 3, 2012 at 8:44 PM

You forget. This guy is a racist.
His revenge is reparations.

If I look at what he and his Chicago goons have done to my retirement savings and the debt they are foisting on us and our descendents, I’d say we’ve already had reparations wretched from us.

3 more days.

freedomfirst on November 3, 2012 at 8:44 PM

And yet the DOTUS with the great smile, the speech specific accents and the wife with toned arms……

…..is close to winning re-election.

Work harder everyone…….have no regrets on the night of 11/6.

PappyD61 on November 3, 2012 at 8:44 PM

I am working on Tuesday night …. think I will clean my weapons again ….

conservative tarheel on November 3, 2012 at 8:44 PM

hawkdriver on November 3, 2012 at 8:39 PM

+100

Electrongod on November 3, 2012 at 8:44 PM

Punk. Petty little bitter America-hating Marxist punk.

petefrt on November 3, 2012 at 8:44 PM

HOLY SHNICKERS

CROWD

gophergirl on November 3, 2012 at 8:44 PM

…or is the word wrenched?

freedomfirst on November 3, 2012 at 8:45 PM

Election night I’ll be in bed by 7pm so when I wake at 2am to SSS I’ll check to see here if the election is gonna stretch all the way to SCOTUS.

Limerick on November 3, 2012 at 8:45 PM

Wow!

Love the Red Rocks Ad. Kickass baby.

R^2 is hittin’ on all 8 cylinders.

Obama is huffing some Volt fumes….

ted c on November 3, 2012 at 8:45 PM

He has so many pathologies it would make Freud’s knees knock
And when on November 6 he loses, the face he makes will stop a cuckoo clock
You might forget his incessant lies and call for revenge yell
But you’ll never forget the President from Hell

VorDaj on November 3, 2012 at 8:46 PM

This unforced error from Obama does nothing to change the narrative in my opinion. Good to pump up the base but nothing more. His PA hail Mary is also a move a little too late. He should have gone all in in PA the same week he won that first debate.

loveofcountry on November 3, 2012 at 8:46 PM

Williamson is taking no prisoners.

Kataklysmic on November 3, 2012 at 8:42 PM

It is a wonderful article but it makes me fear for our future. People are being taught not to think.

cheetah2 on November 3, 2012 at 8:46 PM

Dude: LSU vs Alabama!!!

ted c on November 3, 2012 at 8:46 PM

Yep no one is excited for Mitt /

Mitt’s Body Man ‏@dgjackson

WOW! Over 17,000 people in Englewood Colorado! #RomneyRyan2012 pic.twitter.com/RGCfPQKQ

CROWD

Ahhh look at Ann hugging Mitt *sniff*

gophergirl on November 3, 2012 at 8:48 PM

The 2:33 video freaking ROCKS!

hawkdriver on November 3, 2012 at 8:43 PM

It sure does..

Electrongod on November 3, 2012 at 8:48 PM

I just got a Romney sign, to piss off my retarded neighbor, this is gonna be fun…….

angrymike on November 3, 2012 at 8:49 PM

hawkdriver on November 3, 2012 at 8:39 PM

+100

Electrongod on November 3, 2012 at 8:44 PM

Agreed, with a caveat. Even if he loses, I would like to see him impeached. Why look the other way?

freedomfirst on November 3, 2012 at 8:49 PM

Mitt Romney Campaigns in Englewood, Colorado

LIVE NOW!

canopfor on November 3, 2012 at 8:50 PM

You forget. This guy is a racist.
His revenge is reparations.

freedomfirst on November 3, 2012 at 8:44 PM

Exactly. Reparations for “his people” and amnesty for his other voting bloc.

TxAnn56 on November 3, 2012 at 8:50 PM

Was Jim Messina dropped a lot as a child?

Fallon on November 3, 2012 at 8:40 PM

Maybe but I’m sure he spent a lot of time in a locker in high school.

Stray Cat on November 3, 2012 at 8:50 PM

Revenge is a dish best served cold

Lost in Jersey on November 3, 2012 at 8:50 PM

Obama is bitter

Carter was bitter too.

SparkPlug on November 3, 2012 at 8:50 PM

Revenge for Romney daring to challenge Obama?

That’s it!

You must take revenge on Romney for contemplatin’
How my coronation he’d like to start rearrangin’

VorDaj on November 3, 2012 at 8:50 PM

New polls out:

MN Romney 47 Obama 46
NH Romney 47 Obama 47

Norwegian on November 3, 2012 at 8:42 PM

The MN poll was commissioned for a right wing outfit. This is like touting an Arizona poll commissioned for moveon. Romney will never win MN. If he does, then expect him to win California and New York.

loveofcountry on November 3, 2012 at 8:51 PM

Ahhh look at Ann hugging Mitt *sniff*

gophergirl on November 3, 2012 at 8:48 PM

She has always been proud of her Country..

It shows.

Electrongod on November 3, 2012 at 8:51 PM

And Mr. Hawkdriver your comment at 8:39 was just fantastic.

Stray Cat on November 3, 2012 at 8:52 PM

Jim Messina

@Messina2012
The Romney campaign’s message today is revenge, ours is the President’s plan for the middle class. I’ll take that contrast any day.

This makes me the most angry of the whole comment. Messina is purposely tweeting as if Romney had injected the word into his rhetoric, not that he was commenting about Obama’s speech. How much lower can they go?

It’s nothing less than bare-faced lying.

hawkdriver on November 3, 2012 at 8:52 PM

1. Obama campaign giving out free pizza in Miami Dade.

2. NAACP taking over polling station in Houston.

This is their MO for the election.

tetriskid on November 3, 2012 at 8:52 PM

The Obama campaign theme

wildcat72 on November 3, 2012 at 8:52 PM

I did the same..

But I am having a sample right now :)

Electrongod on November 3, 2012 at 8:42 PM

I anticipate an evening for adult beverages one way or the other.

Drained Brain on November 3, 2012 at 8:52 PM

Mitt’s Body Man ‏@dgjackson

================================================================

Colorado Springs is Romney/Ryan Country. Thousands pack hangar to see Gov and @AnnDRomney pic.twitter.com/kk2T7Nq0

===============================================================

canopfor on November 3, 2012 at 8:52 PM

Why is anyone talking about the MN poll when it’s done by a GOP group?

gumbyandpokey on November 3, 2012 at 8:53 PM

I doubt we’ll see a stupid lecturn with “Office of the President-Elect” emblazoned on it with Mitt elected.

freedomfirst on November 3, 2012 at 8:53 PM

Revenge against Obama:

wildcat72 on November 3, 2012 at 8:54 PM

Peeking in. Is gumby here?? He trashed the other threads today.

Looking for friendlies.

bluealice on November 3, 2012 at 8:54 PM

Why is anyone talking about the MN poll when it’s done by a GOP group?

gumbyandpokey on November 3, 2012 at 8:53 PM

Why does anybody talk about the garbage Kos pays for with PPP?

It’s all a bunch of union crap done to drive the news cycle.

tetriskid on November 3, 2012 at 8:54 PM

Stray Cat on November 3, 2012 at 8:52 PM

Good or bad it’s from the heart.

hawkdriver on November 3, 2012 at 8:54 PM

I’ve read so many detailed predictions for this election, so I’ve finally decided to update mine. Romney 285, Obama 253. Romney wins NC, FL, VA, OH, WI and CO, and wins popular vote 52-48.

TarheelBen on November 3, 2012 at 8:54 PM

2. NAACP taking over polling station in Houston.

tetriskid on November 3, 2012 at 8:52 PM

Gonna have to come up with about 10,000,000 votes in Houston to overcome Texas.

Lanceman on November 3, 2012 at 8:55 PM

CROWD

Ahhh look at Ann hugging Mitt *sniff*

gophergirl on November 3, 2012 at 8:48 PM

gophergirl:

Lets………,er,……were Rolling Now:)

canopfor on November 3, 2012 at 8:55 PM

It’s nothing less than bare-faced lying.

hawkdriver on November 3, 2012 at 8:52 PM

Before you get too upset, are you really worried about this getting out to people who are twitter followers of jim messinavoluntarily?

Lost in Jersey on November 3, 2012 at 8:55 PM

Oh hell, he’s here.
Another thread polluted.

bluealice on November 3, 2012 at 8:55 PM

She has always been proud of her Country..

It shows.

Electrongod on November 3, 2012 at 8:51 PM

I still hold out hope to have a marriage like that.

gophergirl on November 3, 2012 at 8:55 PM

Why is anyone talking about the MN poll when it’s done by a GOP group?

gumbyandpokey on November 3, 2012 at 8:53 PM

We were waiting for you to bring it up.

Electrongod on November 3, 2012 at 8:55 PM

Revenge is a dish best served cold

Lost in Jersey on November 3, 2012 at 8:50 PM

Obama has the emotional attitude of Sheldon but without the charm and IQ.

Liam on November 3, 2012 at 8:55 PM

Oh hell, he’s here.
Another thread polluted.

bluealice on November 3, 2012 at 8:55 PM

I have been putting off the treadmill – it may actually make me get off my very comfy chair and go do it.

gophergirl on November 3, 2012 at 8:56 PM

Mitt’s Body Man ‏@dgjackson

http://telly.com/IU3E1 – VIDEO of huge crowd in Colorado.

canopfor on November 3, 2012 at 8:57 PM

Wow!! the flag he’s been talking about.

sob

bluealice on November 3, 2012 at 8:57 PM

Williamson is taking no prisoners.

Kevin Williamson is arguably one of the most underrated conservative writers in the country, in terms of his talent relative to his popular profile. Next to Jonah (obviously) and Nordlinger (who has an ineffable old-school charm that channels the spirit of WFB) he is the best National Review has to offer right now.

Esoteric on November 3, 2012 at 8:57 PM

It’s nothing less than bare-faced lying.

hawkdriver on November 3, 2012 at 8:52 PM

That’s another reason why we have to get Obama out of the WH ASAP. (Great comment, BTW). I am so sick of the bold in-your-face lying from Obama and everyone associated with him. They don’t care if they’re on video saying otherwise, their arrogance knows no bounds.

INC on November 3, 2012 at 8:58 PM

@gopher girl, I have to applaud you for not buying champagne, or Grey Goose, or a nice Chianti! You go straight for the ” two big bottles of booze”. You go, sistah!! I’m going to use booze to celebrate the end of Obama myself!

BettyRuth on November 3, 2012 at 8:58 PM

The best revenge is served cold…and I’m the Julia Child of revenge.

Win or lose, I am some lovely ideas of revenge for Barack Obama and his groupies.

Resist We Much on November 3, 2012 at 8:58 PM

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm…..

PublicPolicyPolling ‏@ppppolls

Our final Pennsylvania poll finds Barack Obama leading 52-46 and Bob Casey leading 52-44

canopfor on November 3, 2012 at 8:59 PM

I’m gonna pull a Billy Dee Williams from Brian’s Song and suggest that everyone (excluding liberal trolls) get on their knees tonight, Sunday night and Monday night and pray that the cancer that is Barack Obama is cut out of this country on Tuesday. And while you’re on your knees, remind the Man upstairs that they booed him at the DNC. I’m no religious zealot, but if I were God, that would really piss me off.

TxAnn56 on November 3, 2012 at 8:59 PM

bluealice on November 3, 2012 at 8:55 PM

Ignore the green squishy one.

INC on November 3, 2012 at 8:59 PM

ROMNEY: “I’m sorry, Mr. President. I didn’t mean to deflate your gigantic ego on national television. Captain Ahab now has to go hunt his whale.”

OBAMA: “What did you say?”

ROMNEY: “You actually did read Moby Dick during your stellar, yet undisclosed, college career, didn’t you?”

OBAMA: “This is not about revenge!”

ROMNEY: “Uhh…you just said it was.”

OBAMA: “THIS CAMPAIGN IS ABOUT SAVING THE FUTURE OF HUMANITY!”

ROMNEY: “Mr. President, just resign.”

OBAMA: “NO! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I will not resign the Presidency. I’ve come too far. I’ve taken over healthcare. I’ve trampled on religious freedoms. I’ve apologized for America again and again to the rest of the world. I’ve gotten free birth control for sluts like Sandra Fluke. I hate you and all your Republican ilk and I will make you PAY for what you’ve done!”

ROMNEY: “Settle down. You ripped your Mom jeans.”

Phoenix7 on November 3, 2012 at 8:59 PM

What’s here? What’a polluted?

freedomfirst on November 3, 2012 at 9:00 PM

Good or bad it’s from the heart.

hawkdriver on November 3, 2012 at 8:54 PM

Of that I had no doubt, Sir.

And it was good.

Stray Cat on November 3, 2012 at 9:00 PM

Resist We Much on November 3, 2012 at 8:58 PM

Did I see correctly on another thread. You are neither conservative nor rethuglican?

Lanceman on November 3, 2012 at 9:00 PM

freedomfirst on November 3, 2012 at 8:53 PM

I would love to see it … just to watch liberal heads explode …

conservative tarheel on November 3, 2012 at 9:00 PM

Peeking in. Is gumby here?? He trashed the other threads today.

Looking for friendlies.

bluealice on November 3, 2012 at 8:54 PM

Gumby is like horsesh&t..He is everywhere.

derft on November 3, 2012 at 9:00 PM

TxAnn56 on November 3, 2012 at 8:59 PM

Amen sister!!!

bluealice on November 3, 2012 at 9:00 PM

What’s here? What’a polluted?

freedomfirst on November 3, 2012 at 9:00 PM

Nevermind.

Lanceman on November 3, 2012 at 9:01 PM

hawkdriver on November 3, 2012 at 8:39 PM

I will never call him President – he is the most despicable person to ever hold the office.

I struggle to use his surname because it can be interpreted as a sign of respect and he deserves NONE.

He IS a SCOAMF and having been revealed to the world by Mitt Romney on October 3rd, he has intentionally LOWERED the level of politics of his campaign.

PolAgnostic on November 3, 2012 at 9:01 PM

That Red Rocks ad is the best.

gophergirl on November 3, 2012 at 9:01 PM

I just did an astrological chart for Obama and guess what? It is almost identical to one I did for George Armstrong Custer for June 25, 1876.

VorDaj on November 3, 2012 at 9:01 PM

The d+8 to d+12 polls better be wrong. That’s all I got to say.

portlandon on November 3, 2012 at 9:01 PM

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm….Part Deux……

Andrew Kaczynski ‏@BuzzFeedAndrew

RT @philipaklein: UNH had Obama up 8 on Oct. 22 — now has race in NH tied http://bit.ly/SjTYnR

canopfor on November 3, 2012 at 9:01 PM

BettyRuth on November 3, 2012 at 8:58 PM

Hee hee.

gophergirl on November 3, 2012 at 9:02 PM

It’s nothing less than bare-faced lying.

hawkdriver on November 3, 2012 at 8:52 PM
Before you get too upset, are you really worried about this getting out to people who are twitter followers of jim messina … voluntarily?

Lost in Jersey on November 3, 2012 at 8:55 PM

No. But listen to the news on CBS radio. The economy is soaring because “it wasn’t as bad as projections” The unemployment number are positive because “more jobs were added than expected” (even though it was less than needed to increase the overall unemployment number to a position higher than when Obama took office. Four dead Americans in Benghazi and a coverup and no mention. The President was touring with Christie to survey the damage and “Romney returned to the campaign trail criticizing the president”. There’s no mention of AL Utility workers being returned by Unions in Jersey while the US Taxpayer foots the bill for STRAT AIR to fly Union Utility rigs from California. I just hat ethe news.

If a Republican had said vote for revenge, the election would be over.

hawkdriver on November 3, 2012 at 9:03 PM

ROMNEY: “Settle down. You ripped your Mom jeans.”

Phoenix7 on November 3, 2012 at 8:59 PM

You misspelled
‘crapped.

tom daschle concerned on November 3, 2012 at 9:04 PM

Nevermind.

Lanceman on November 3, 2012 at 9:01 PM

forgot my sarc tag.

freedomfirst on November 3, 2012 at 9:04 PM

canopfor thanks for the live link, it was a inspiring speech. I will be at his Des Moines Rally tomorrow to listen to our next president.

IowaWoman on November 3, 2012 at 9:04 PM

That Red Rocks ad is the best.

gophergirl on November 3, 2012 at 9:01 PM

I have watched 3 times so far..

There is still Hope for this Country..

Electrongod on November 3, 2012 at 9:04 PM