Quotes of the day

posted at 8:31 pm on November 3, 2012 by Allahpundit

“Speaking to an audience, he said, you know voting is the best revenge,” said Romney. “He told his supporters, voting for revenge. Vote for revenge?

“Let me tell you what I’d like to tell you: Vote for love of country,” he said. “It is time we lead America to a better place.”

***

Asked about the revenge kerfuffle, Obama campaign spokeswoman Jen Psaki said, “Mitt Romney is ending this campaign with scare tactics in Ohio with a fake ad about the auto industry,” she said, referring to an ad assailed by automakers as false, one suggesting that Jeep jobs in the U.S. are being sent to China. “The President was simply suggesting if you think the American people deserve better and if you believe the President is offering a better deal for the middle class you have the power to cast your vote.”

***

It was an ugly and small-minded moment, especially for the end of a campaign when candidates usually try to stress larger, optimistic themes. Romney incorporated the “revenge” line in his speech in Ohio Friday night, saying that while Obama advises revenge, he, Romney, wants people to vote “for love of country.”

As Obama traveled to northern Ohio Saturday morning, campaign official Jen Psaki was asked about the “revenge” remark. According to a White House pool report, Psaki said Obama had been speaking in the context of Romney’s “scare tactics” in Ohio. The Republican is “frightening workers in Ohio into thinking, falsely, that they’re not going to have a job,” Psaki said, according to the pool report…

The problem is, the president was actually not speaking in the context of Romney’s highly-controversial ads about bailed-out Chrysler adding production of Jeeps in China. In fact, Obama had not said a word about the Jeep controversy when he said “revenge.”

***

Hard to believe that the guy who promised to “punish our enemies” is now talking about voting for “revenge.”

If you watch the clip itself, it’s not clear at all what Obama’s supporters are supposed to want revenge for. Obama mentions Romney name in the context of his run for the senate in Massachusetts — back when Romney was quite the moderate — and the audience starts to boo. Obama says “no, no. Don’t boo. Vote. Vote. Voting is the best revenge.” Revenge for what? Him running for the senate? Revenge for Romney daring to challenge Obama? I understand Obama is bitter. That’s been obvious for a while. But it’s just a weird and narcissistic assumption that his supporters want “revenge” too. Doesn’t mean it’s wrong, though. Which makes the whole thing even creepier.

***

That’s the best he can do? “Voting is the best revenge”? And against whom should voters seek “revenge” — other Americans? A candidate who has the support of about half the electorate? It is mind-boggling, really, that this sort of snide, negative motivation is what President Obama has saved up for his final appeal.

But that’s really been the story of his campaign all along. Carpet-bomb Mitt Romney with negative ads during the summer and then make the last week of the campaign about Big Bird, “Romnesia” and “binders full of women.” He apparently has given up on luring independent, less-partisan voters (Romney leads by double digits among independents, most pollsters say). In his yearning to turn out his base he must imagine that those voters bear as much animus against his opponents as he does. But of course that’s not how he turned out his base last time. Then it was hope and change; now Romney is the hope and change candidate.

***

“Just yesterday he was asking his supporters at a rally to vote out of revenge,” Ryan said to about 1,000 people at the college gymnasium. “Mitt Romney and I are asking you to vote out of love of country. That’s what we do in this country. We don’t believe in revenge.”

Ryan then co-opted the president’s famous slogan, changing it slightly:

“We believe in change and hope. We actually do,” Ryan said. “In 2008 President Obama made all these lofty promises, it sounded so good. He said that we would have bi-partisanship, that he’d bridge the gap. He said he’d cut the deficit in half, that he’d get people working again, and he’d create jobs. You see all those jobs here in Marietta? Look, it sounded good and when he got elected people naturally expected him to deliver those results but it didn’t happen and look what we got. Washington is more divided than it ever has been before. And the deficit, it doubled from what he said it would be.”

***

Mitt Romney has been making a pitch for bipartisanship in the closing days of the race, and this morning rolled out an endorsement from Hillary Clinton’s former Senate state director, Gigi Georges:

“For most of my life, I’ve been an active Democrat. I am proud to have worked for President Bill Clinton and then-Senator Hillary Clinton, and, during that time, I saw firsthand what can be accomplished by strong, bipartisan leadership. I know what it means to work across the aisle on issues that are important to the American people. And that’s why I am supporting Mitt Romney. Governor Romney has a plan to restore the prosperity this country deserves and expects. He will work with people of good will no matter what their party, and he will pursue the policies that are in the best interest of our country, no matter who proposes them. That’s what President Obama promised to do four years ago. But like so many of his promises, bipartisan cooperation is just another one he has broken. We can’t have four more years of failed policies and two parties that can’t work together. We need the change Mitt Romney is offering.”

***

Romney, whatever else you think about him, is somebody who has fed the hungry, clothed the naked, and visited the sick. In Mr. Whedon’s view of the world, none of that dirty-handed business is necessary: All that is necessary is that one cast a symbolic vote for the man who promises to care, and to express that care by expropriating money from people you don’t like and giving it to people for whom you have a moral concern that is at best theoretical. That is the cheapest form of charity, which surely would occur to Mr. Whedon and his admirers, if they ever took the time to think about it. Fortunately for President Obama, they have shown neither the inclination nor the ability to do so.

For the Dumb Vote, voting is simply an expression of affiliation, a way of marking one’s membership in the tribe of the compassionately ironic or ironically compassionate or whatever. It is a gesture for people who are absolutely certain that they are right — not because they have any meaningful information, but because they are absolutely certain that the other side is evil, which is why they so quickly and consistently revert to claims of racism against a movement that includes lots of non-white partisans, claims of misogyny against a movement that includes an enormous number of women, claims of aspiring Christian theocracy against a movement that includes a great many non-Christians and that is noted for its affinity with the Jewish state, etc.

***

***

***

Comments

Comment pages: 1 13 14 15

I’ve mentioned before how Hugh Hewitt intenionally misleads his followers during elections and was blatant in 08. Well, he’s at it again, lying about it being a good polling day for Romney (internals, I guess) when the trackers showed the exact opposite (PPP, ABC/Wash Post)‏. He’s a fraud…
Hugh Hewitt ‏@hughhewitt
@melissa81898714 ? Best polling day for Romney/Ryan in two weeks and the polls still using lousy samples. Looks very good for R/R
gumbyandpokey on November 4, 2012 at 1:25 AM

Bullsh**! Leave you fluking slanderous hack!

jawkneemusic on November 4, 2012 at 1:17 AM

What if nobody found out?

arnold ziffel on November 4, 2012 at 1:11 AM

That’s strictly between novaculus and Steph. I don’t think we should pry.

Solaratov on November 4, 2012 at 1:18 AM

Folks, I am leaving. I am sorry for the extensive personal nature of my comments tonight. I do not want to make it a habit. I like commenting here, and have for some time. I (yeah, I use “I” a lot) am at an excruciating personal crossroads, and hearing back from some of you has made me feel that at least someone listened. And also I heard something about some of your struggles, too.

God bless you all.

God willing, I will check in from Los Angeles on VICTORY NIGHT!!!!!

Thank you again, for your indulgence. from the bottom of my heart.

cane_loader on November 4, 2012 at 1:19 AM

thatsafactjack on November 4, 2012 at 1:15 AM

It’s pure Alinsky, plus it acknowledges the pathological lying. I’m convinced. Are you?

John the Libertarian on November 4, 2012 at 1:21 AM

I know I’m abusig Hot Air. Maybe I’m hoping that my middle brother who posts here, who refuses to let me tell him about my parents’ condition, will read this, wake up, and smell the coffee.

Bad times, bro. Wake up.

cane_loader on November 4, 2012 at 1:05 AM

If he didn’t know the other brother wangled complete financial control, he’s going to be a bit upset about that – if nothing else. And it may get him involved.

Solaratov on November 4, 2012 at 1:21 AM

Thank you again, for your indulgence. from the bottom of my heart.

cane_loader on November 4, 2012 at 1:19 AM

Good luck and we all want the best for you and you father.

arnold ziffel on November 4, 2012 at 1:23 AM

John the Libertarian on November 4, 2012 at 1:21 AM

I think you’re brilliant. I wanted to be sure to stop in before you left to tell you so. :)

I’ve been lurking off and on, but I got inspired and have been working on a new project, too. Its a good one!

I’ve got to get some rest now, so I’ll bid you a goodnight. See you soon. :)

thatsafactjack on November 4, 2012 at 1:23 AM

cane_loader on November 4, 2012 at 1:19 AM

God Bless, Cane. Have a safe journey, and let us know how things go.

Cody1991 on November 4, 2012 at 1:24 AM

Bullsh**! Leave you fluking slanderous hack!

jawkneemusic on November 4, 2012 at 1:17 AM

It’s okay. It’s just Stephanie Cutter trying to be anonymous.

John the Libertarian on November 4, 2012 at 1:24 AM

Good night cane_loader.

I’m going to be too. Good night all!

Dark Star on November 4, 2012 at 1:25 AM

arnold ziffel on November 4, 2012 at 1:14 AM

I wish I could say 100% yes on Tester, but it’s close.
We still have a corrupt Democrat Gov that’s termed out but helped Tester get over the hump in 06, that along with the University towns and Butte (mining)=union. Oh and our SOS is one of the ones that were on George Soro’s project and I do not trust her, obvioiusly.

Crossroads had some good ads and Mitt cut an ad for Rehberg a week or so ago. We have lots of transplants that have turned us more purple than I like, but they moved MT from Leans to Likely today. Pray for long coat tails.

MontanaMmmm on November 4, 2012 at 1:26 AM

thatsafactjack on November 4, 2012 at 1:23 AM

I’d love to hear about it. I haven’t been back to my hotmail account since August for a very silly reason, but will go back to it to connect with you.

John the Libertarian on November 4, 2012 at 1:26 AM

cane_loader on November 4, 2012 at 1:19 AM

…strength!…and good luck brother!

KOOLAID2 on November 4, 2012 at 1:27 AM

Two More Days! Two More Days! Two More Days!

Can my liver make it? ;)

OK, all. Leaving it all to the real night owls.

Cody1991 on November 4, 2012 at 1:30 AM

I have never been more excited to vote. We’re going to save the country come Tuesday. :-)

Punchenko on November 4, 2012 at 1:37 AM

Four dead Americans, LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nobody cares about dead americans.
gumbyandpokey on November 2, 2012 at 1:14 AM

Just a reminder for you fine folks.

Alberta_Patriot on November 4, 2012 at 1:40 AM

gumby is most certainly Stephanie Cutter

John the Libertarian on November 4, 2012 at 1:41 AM

thatsafactjack on November 4, 2012 at 1:23 AM

Good for you, if you need me to help you on grammer or on you’re splelling I have been happily to help you on that.

SparkPlug on November 4, 2012 at 1:41 AM

if you can’t take the whole nine minutes at least skip to the seven minute mark and watch the finale…

equanimous on November 4, 2012 at 1:43 AM

So the race is too close to call, but Mittmentum is real. PA and MN are statistical ties. NH is breaking hard for Mitt.

Here’s Joel Pollack’s quick take just released:

Why Romney Will Win

Nicole Coulter on November 4, 2012 at 1:45 AM

gumbyandpokeme is Stephanie Cutter.

John the Libertarian on November 4, 2012 at 1:50 AM

So…you’d hit it?

Solaratov on November 4, 2012 at 1:08 AM

No. I’m a throwback to heterosexuality.

novaculus on November 4, 2012 at 1:52 AM

Did I mention that obamacare is state sponsored health care rationing with death panels and the IRS imposing fines on your take home salary if you don’t obey the draconian rules built into the system that even a team iof greedy freakin lawyers couldnt decipher if they had 50 years to figure it out?

Did I mention that?

SparkPlug on November 4, 2012 at 1:52 AM

Porkulus failed
Hopenchange failed
Transparency failed
Obamacare failed
Energy independence failed
Less jobs
More taxes
Higher gas prices
Hillary failed

SparkPlug on November 4, 2012 at 1:56 AM

SparkPlug on November 4, 2012 at 1:56 AM

Sounds like lil barry accomplished almost everything he set out to do.

It could have been worse. He could have been competent.

Solaratov on November 4, 2012 at 1:58 AM

i had no idea that Sowell was on twitter.

The fraudulence of the left’s concern about poverty is exposed by their utter lack of interest in ways of increasing the nation’s wealth.

these may be quotes from his books…or whatev. check them out…priceless

Frightening that this is one man that the leftist media will Never have on

r keller on November 4, 2012 at 2:01 AM

Solaratov

Barry succeeded on the Cloward Piven thing.

And he succeeded in obliterating his own party.

And he succeeded in making Carter look like a genius.

SparkPlug on November 4, 2012 at 2:03 AM

wow…some nut tried to respond to him

.@ThomasSowell Absurd. Nation’s wealth is measured in GDP. Dems know it is buoyed when a strong middle class can buy & sell freely. #topprog

so embarassing

r keller on November 4, 2012 at 2:04 AM

gumbyandpokey is Stephanie Cutter.

John the Libertarian on November 4, 2012 at 2:04 AM

looks like i got a little over excited…it is not Sowell…just someone who has his book and wants to twee them to the world

close enough i guess

I’m not Thomas Sowell, but I own all of his books and tweet quotes from them

r keller on November 4, 2012 at 2:07 AM

ok, ok, just one more then i’ll stop.

31 Oct Thomas Sowell Thomas Sowell ‏@ThomasSowell

“If we become a people who are willing to give up our money and our freedom in exchange for rhetoric and promises, then nothing can save us”

sounds like someone i know

r keller on November 4, 2012 at 2:09 AM

gumbyandpokey is Stephanie Cutter.

John the Libertarian on November 4, 2012 at 2:04 AM

That means Greg who was banned at Ace is S. Cutter.

SparkPlug on November 4, 2012 at 2:10 AM

Kasich & Portman say the public polls are wrong:

Nicole Coulter on November 4, 2012 at 2:21 AM

Barry succeeded on the Cloward Piven thing.

And he succeeded in obliterating his own party.

And he succeeded in making Carter look like a genius.

SparkPlug on November 4, 2012 at 2:03 AM

He tried to implement the C-P Plan – but it never went very far beyond piling on regulations and laws. #Occupy was a bust when it should have – if utilized properly – torn the nation apart and caused the imposition of martial law.

If he had been competent, the democRAT party would still hold the house and it would be far more powerful than it is. And there would have been no TEANAMI2010. I don’t think destroying the party and setting the stage for its consignment to the wilderness for many years to come was part of the plan.

And Jimmy Carter will forever be grateful for that.

Solaratov on November 4, 2012 at 2:23 AM

Time to hit the sack.

Night all.

Solaratov on November 4, 2012 at 2:28 AM

Is there anybody else up late watching Ian Poulter and Jason Dufner play some impressive golf…?

… okay, so I already know there isn’t. The joys of following a sport less popular than Gumby-bashing.

Gingotts on November 4, 2012 at 2:31 AM

Bmore on November 3, 2012 at 10:03 PM

rogerb outed Libfree earlier today, and proved that he was DeathToMediaHacks before being banned. Hopefully the powers that be will look at the thread and ban him again.

IamDA on November 4, 2012 at 2:33 AM

IamDA on November 4, 2012 at 2:33 AM

Wow, what thread was that in? How did he prove it?

bluegill on November 4, 2012 at 2:50 AM

Hard to believe? Why?

Reality usually exposes faux messiahs to be the very opposite of goodness and self-giving out of love.

The sound of the fall of the pompous deceivers is the sweetest sound this side of paradise!

Don L on November 4, 2012 at 3:06 AM

On November 3 1980 Every News Outlet in the United States declared the Race between Jimmy Carter and Ronald Reagan “Too Close To Call.”
By 9:30 PM Pacific time they had determined that Reagan had won more than 40 states and 400 Electoral votes.
Peter Jennings looked as if he were sucking on a Lemmon as he announced that California (YES California) had “Fallen” to Reagan.
This race is only too close to call because the Media hasn’t a clue as to what their audience really thinks.

Popular Vote Wise it won’t even be close – Romney 54 Obama 45

jaydee_007 on November 4, 2012 at 3:25 AM

Wow, what thread was that in? How did he prove it?

bluegill on November 4, 2012 at 2:50 AM

This one

The comments are a very interesting read.

IamDA on November 4, 2012 at 3:27 AM

In Ohio, he’s at 50%, which is the state that matters most.

gumbyandpokey on November 4, 2012 at 12:46 AM

He’s not at 50 in RCP in OH.

Plus Romney is at +7 now in favorability. He’s up 3 on Obama in that category.

Obama is going to lose the undecideds and lose the election.

Nicole Coulter on November 4, 2012 at 3:30 AM

Wow, what thread was that in? How did he prove it?
bluegill on November 4, 2012 at 2:50 AM
This one

The comments are a very interesting read.
IamDA on November 4, 2012 at 3:27 AM

Thanks. I actually read the whole thing. Hehe, this place is like a soap opera with some real characters. I always thought of libfree as one of the more benign and civil ones.

Yes, sometimes it would seem like the professor was playing the role of a Jane Goodall or Diane Fossy while observing us in a “Gorillas in the Mist,” condescending sort of way: “It’s cute to see how these right-wingers interact with one another. A few, while still primitive in their thinking, seem to show cognitive abilities beyond what one might expect. So fascinating to observe how they bond with one another over their quaint belief in the constitution.”

But, yeah, I am surprised that a previous discussion got to the point of threats of violence. Pretty sad.

bluegill on November 4, 2012 at 4:33 AM

bluegill on November 4, 2012 at 4:33 AM

That’s the point BG. Folks would wonder why it would seem so important to flush him out and out him. If you knew the level of hate and crass behavior he displayed as DeathToMediaHacks, you’d understand that those who knew he was DTMHs just groaned about his nose in the air observations about we unwashed Conservative masses.

Here is one short thread about the guest that fainted out on the GB Show. It’s not his worst, but it’s enough to see his language and level of hate leaves him no room to talk about anyone.

Other people have BDS or ODS. I have GBDS, I don’t believe a single thing this man does is genuine or legit. I wouldn’t be surprised if it wasn’t orchestrated, how has this never happened on any live news program before? Whatever Glenn Beck you suck forever.

DeathToMediaHacks on April 13, 2009 at 5:28 PM

hawkdriver on November 4, 2012 at 4:47 AM

DeathToMediaHacks on April 13, 2009 at 5:28 PM

hawkdriver on November 4, 2012 at 4:47 AM

I’m glad he was finally and officially outed. Let’s see if the banhammer will fall again on one of the vilest trolls to ever infect HA…

OmahaConservative on November 4, 2012 at 5:03 AM

“…Look, it sounded good and when he got elected people naturally expected him to deliver those results but it didn’t happen and look what we got. Washington is more divided than it ever has been before. And the deficit, it doubled from what he said it would be.”

Actually the deficit quadrupled from what he said it would be – he said he would halve it, and instead he doubled it.

disa on November 4, 2012 at 5:49 AM

Thanks for the thoughts. I have a pair of brothers who are the worst POSes I could imagine. They have abandoned their parents.

Every communication for the last 2 years has been about what a jerk I am, and how all I want is my inheritance.

My parents are in bad trouble, and it’s all about sticking the knife in me.

Yeah, that’s all dirty laundry, but I guess maybe finally turnabout is fair play. I am in very bad health and trying to recover from a condition and two brothers have abandoned their parents and now I am it.

Sucks.

cane_loader on November 3, 2012 at 11:49 PM

I am sorry for your parents’ troubles and your health issues.
You must feel completely overwhelmed.

My advice, for what it is worth, is for you to take a few deep
breaths and tackle one issue at a time if you can.

Also, please realize that God is giving you a gift, trusting
YOU to take care of your parents. It is an honor bestowed upon
you.

And, concerning your brothers, take your focus off them. They are
who they are and you can’t change them no matter how much you try.
Let your anger towards them go….picture your anger flung far and
wide into a river where the roaring current takes it out of sight.

Also, have you thought that having your brothers with you during
this trying time would generate new issues? If they were there
things might be worse.

Not to take away from your problems, however,
many in this world have worse issues to deal with. Just remembering that has always helped me in times of trouble.

Take care, many on this site will pray for you and your family.

Amjean on November 4, 2012 at 6:05 AM

Popular Vote Wise it won’t even be close – Romney 54 Obama 45

jaydee_007 on November 4, 2012 at 3:25 AM

I still remember the joy I felt in 1994 watching Peter Jennings nearly cry on the air as the wave rolled in and the 40 year stranglehold on the House fell.

Northwoods on November 4, 2012 at 6:35 AM

First.

Bishop on November 4, 2012 at 6:35 AM

First Last.

Bishop on November 4, 2012 at 6:35 AM

FIFY

Wait a minute!

LAST!!!

Shy Guy on November 4, 2012 at 6:53 AM

Popular Vote Wise it won’t even be close – Romney 54 Obama 45

jaydee_007 on November 4, 2012 at 3:25 AM

I believe that the Obamamedia knows all too well what we all think and will do Tuesday, otherwise they’d risk all and call it for their Marxiah whose halos have tarnished and fallen off of his anguished face.

The media can never again crawl out of in their dark hellhole that they came from, without fearing the exposure that only truth can bring.

Advice for all t rue America lovers, confront them all,attack them with truth,and ridicule, ridicule ridicule them–it’s like garlic to evil spirits.

Don L on November 4, 2012 at 6:55 AM

Good Morning, everybody.

Today’s hmm (actually yesterday’s)… an Obozo GOTV event draws less than 200 people in Cleveland.

Pull quote:

A shuttle meant to take voters to the nearby Cuyahoga County Board of Elections left empty after Wonder’s final song, “Superstition.”

Obama for America Ohio, which hosted the rally, informed its nearly 34,000 followers on Twitter about the event around 10 a.m.

“Perhaps it wasn’t advertised properly, but the people who are here are fired up,” said Bill Milhoan, of Mentor.

Milhoan, who said he supports Obama, was one of the few people in the crowd who have not already voted.

“It would be disingenuous to say I am here because of Obama,” he said. “How do you pass up a chance to see Stevie Wonder?”

(Emphasis mine)

Obozo has cannibalized the last of his faithful for an early vote lead (and we shall see about that…) in OIHO.

It would appear that the well is running dry… 3 more days.

Here’s a cheery thought to post as a wallpaper:

Keep Calm and Win This Thing.

CPT. Charles on November 4, 2012 at 6:57 AM

Jim Messina

@Messina2012
The Romney campaign’s message today is revenge, ours is the President’s plan for the middle class. I’ll take that contrast any day.

Wait…it was your man, Obama, who stated that voting this year was a revenge vote…we finally found out where Obama baths in his fountain of stupid…

right2bright on November 4, 2012 at 7:17 AM

CPT. Charles on November 4, 2012 at 6:57 AM

Wow, less than 200? With Stevie Wonder on board?

Mitt drew 30,000 earlier this weekend…

Grace_is_sufficient on November 4, 2012 at 7:19 AM

CPT. Charles on November 4, 2012 at 6:57 AM

It ain’t going to be as close as they say…as smart as Rove is, he is wrong, it won’t be over in the morning, it will be over that evening, and I say by 9Pm EST…

right2bright on November 4, 2012 at 7:21 AM

Revenge…Obama needs to be put on the roof of a car and driven out of Washington…he needs a vacation, and Mitt will gladly provide him one.

right2bright on November 4, 2012 at 7:24 AM

Morning…..

Lsm in full defense mode for dear leader this am…..

cmsinaz on November 4, 2012 at 7:25 AM

Revenge: Still a dish best served cold, and in this case, served with an order of crow on the side.

pilamaye on November 4, 2012 at 7:25 AM

Lsm still reporting oh going to go for dear leader …mitt. cant beat the spread in their eyes

cmsinaz on November 4, 2012 at 7:28 AM

First Last.

Bishop on November 4, 2012 at 6:35 AM

FIFY

Wait a minute!

LAST!!!

Shy Guy on November 4, 2012 at 6:53 AM

HAH !
How often does QOTD go 1400+ on a weekend ?

listens2glenn on November 4, 2012 at 7:31 AM

Israel oldest paper endorses dear leader….big news on CNN

cmsinaz on November 4, 2012 at 7:34 AM

Morning…..

Lsm in full defense mode for dear leader this am…..

cmsinaz on November 4, 2012 at 7:25 AM

Mornin’ cmsinaz. They’re going ballistic over at Wapo when I posted this:

Two of the most critical stories in the past few months have been the travesty in Benghazi, Libya, (where our Ambassador and three other American patriots were slaughtered), and the tragedy and destruction of Hurricane Sandy that has decimated the Eastern Seaboard. Since the massive storm swept through last Monday, the Obama media has almost removed their stories from the front pages of their publications—as if it never happened. A quick scan of the Washington Post online, I found one lone reference to Sandy in the sixth position of their “Top Headlines”. Other than one other story in the opinion section there is no coverage on the millions of folks that are out of water, out of food, and out of patience.

But lets put this in a fair perspective, (unlike how the media blamed Booooooosh for all the failings in Katrina), the Fed is overwhelmed. The Governor and the Mayor are overwhelmed. Even Mr. Christie is starting to “get it” with both barrels because “progress” is moving at as snail’s pace. FEMA can’t even begin to handle the magnitude of devastation of this natural disaster—-and the sad part is, it’s going to get far worse before it get better.

But hey, your President made his photo-up earlier in the week with Mr. Jersey, and now he’s a bit busy. (It’s a good thing Bloomy got in his endorsement of the campaigner-in-chief before the folks really start to get pissed). The facts are, neither our President or any other Federal entity has learned a damn thing about preparing for disasters this big. And the finger-pointing is just beginning. Just don’t blame Obama for this mess. He didn’t cause this mess. Right? So, keep those keyboards silent (for at least until after Tuesday).

And this:

I’m really concerned for the mental well being of our dear progressive liberals when the Romney campaign sweeps Florida, Ohio, Virginia and Pennsylvania, (that leaves Romney with the required 271 electoral college votes). Or, if Romney doesn’t pick up Penn, he then manages to squeak out wins in Wisconsin and Colorado—270 total. Of course this leaves out likely wins in North Carolina and Nevada for Mitt.

My point is, this could become a landslide, giving President Obama his “one term proposition”. Given these probabilities, I hope our liberal friends can handle the disappointing outcome of this reality that you can’t run a country on hope and change.

Rovin on November 4, 2012 at 7:36 AM

God bless you all.

God willing, I will check in from Los Angeles on VICTORY NIGHT!!!!!

Thank you again, for your indulgence. from the bottom of my heart.

cane_loader on November 4, 2012 at 1:19 AM

May God bless and prosper you in your endeavor.

We’ll see you next time you can log-in.

listens2glenn on November 4, 2012 at 7:39 AM

Heh

Excellent Rovin

Great post

cmsinaz on November 4, 2012 at 7:44 AM

CPT. Charles on November 4, 2012 at 6:57 AM

Wow, less than 200? With Stevie Wonder on board?

Mitt drew 30,000 earlier this weekend…

Grace_is_sufficient on November 4, 2012 at 7:19 AM

Don’t be lured unto complacency by cherry picking rallies. Barry supposedly had 20,000 in Milwaukee and 24000 in Northern Virginia yesterday. Still need to GOTV on Tuesday.

bayview on November 4, 2012 at 7:45 AM

right2bright on November 4, 2012 at 7:21 AMNow here’s a sobering thought for Obama supporters, and Obama himself…Obama is getting hammered in the early voting, where the dems have owned that segment.

right2bright on November 4, 2012 at 7:21 AM

I hope you are correct. I saw Karl say that on Hannity the other night and was very surprised. I just can’t see this going Barky’s way. No way. The enthusiasm on our side is nothing like I’ve seen in my lifetime. I was only 7 when Reagan was elected so I had no clue what was going on back then, but it sounds very similar today…right down to the corrupt media.

Nikkia2112 on November 4, 2012 at 7:50 AM

Breaking on Drudge:

Romney and Obama tied…..in Pennsylvania!

Rovin on November 4, 2012 at 7:54 AM

Morning all! Just got up to the news that the NAACP took over a polling place here in Houston (in the district of the vernables and chilrins) They were inside the polling place handing out water and moving people to the front of the line. A True Vote volunteer was ignored when trying to bring it to the chairs attention. This is the tip of the iceberg.

Via TownHall and Breitbart

HoustonRight on November 4, 2012 at 7:56 AM

PENNSYLVANIA!!!!

Lets flood the state, emails to fiends, local web sites, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr, anyone on a street corner with a sign that has time today, and tomorrow.

We ate the ground game!!

PappyD61 on November 4, 2012 at 7:56 AM

LOL.

We ARE the ground game. iPad thingy.

:-)

PappyD61 on November 4, 2012 at 7:57 AM

Union douchebaggery in Ohio. Thugs stealing Romney signs while driving their sheet metal truck.

ted c on November 4, 2012 at 7:59 AM

thx Houston Right. You should read the account of Eve Rockford at the breitbart link. Keep your eyes open and your heat packed IUKWIMAITTYD….

ted c on November 4, 2012 at 8:01 AM

ted c on November 4, 2012 at 8:01 AM

Good read! Thx. Don’t worry we’re more than ready!!

HoustonRight on November 4, 2012 at 8:04 AM

cane_loader on November 4, 2012 at 1:19 AM

I didn’t get to reply last night, but I was reading your comments and I just wanted to say that if perchance you return to this thread, Cane, take care and God bless. He will be with you every step of the way in taking care of your parents and your difficulties with your brothers. I’ll be praying for you and your family.

And please take care of yourself — prayers for you and a return to health.

PatriotGal2257 on November 4, 2012 at 8:05 AM

“…by the content of HIS CHARACTER.” My take.

kingsjester on November 4, 2012 at 8:57 AM

Hmmmmm

I asked libfree politely to explain why, and the sound of crickets ensued.

Del Dolemonte on June 23, 2012 at 4:59 PM

Some are saying that libfree is DeathToMediaHacks, just as I am starting to suspect uppereastside is getalife in their latest incarnations. UES sure did sound exactly like getalife in an earlier thread today…

OmahaConservative on June 23, 2012 at 5:03 PM

CW on November 4, 2012 at 8:58 AM

Rovin on November 4, 2012 at 7:36 AM

Great job, my friend.

kingsjester on November 4, 2012 at 9:02 AM

Has Chris Buckley weighed in?

Cindy Munford on November 4, 2012 at 9:25 AM

“…by the content of HIS CHARACTER.” My take.

kingsjester on November 4, 2012 at 8:57 AM

Romney may have the character and maturity and business acumen and patriotism and a few other inconsequentials, but Obama has the magic melanin, my friend. Winner!/

swinia sutki on November 4, 2012 at 9:35 AM

IamDA on November 4, 2012 at 2:33 AM

Yes I saw that. hawkdriver was the first commenter to make me aware of it a while back.

Bmore on November 4, 2012 at 10:28 AM

These QOTD threads have been off the chart, are folks amped up or what!!

Cindy Munford on November 4, 2012 at 10:43 AM

These QOTD threads have been off the chart, are folks amped up or what!!

Cindy Munford on November 4, 2012 at 10:43 AM

Yes, we are amped up.
Remember DeathToMediaHacks?

OmahaConservative on November 4, 2012 at 10:50 AM

OmahaConservative on November 4, 2012 at 10:50 AM

Vaguely, the word boring springs to mind when I think of him.

Cindy Munford on November 4, 2012 at 10:57 AM

Vaguely, the word boring springs to mind when I think of him.

Cindy Munford on November 4, 2012 at 10:57 AM

He was one of the nastiest trolls, ever. Hawk knew libfreeordie was him early on…

OmahaConservative on November 4, 2012 at 11:08 AM

Voting is the best revenge.” Revenge for what?

Or revenge on who? The huge portion of the populace that wants no part of what Obama stands for..and who dare to oppose him?

From a man who is ever so careful about using a soft tone and is very precise with his language when speaking about barbaric murderers… …we, millions and millions of honorable American citizens, do not rank among those that deserve his thoughtful consideration of word choice? We hear him refer to terrorists as “folks”…we hear terrorism spoken of as “workplace violence”…and I don’t believe I have once heard him refer to Islam in the same sentence with the word “radicalism”.
No…when it comes to comments and remarks that are mindful and contemplative…many of us will have to settle for much less.

lynncgb on November 4, 2012 at 11:17 AM

OmahaConservative on November 4, 2012 at 11:08 AM

Swell! Doesn’t it seem odd that these same trolls keep reappearing time after time? You wouldn’t think that there could be a shortage of new ones.

Cindy Munford on November 4, 2012 at 11:24 AM

cane_loader on November 4, 2012 at 1:19 AM

Just saw this caneloader……I’ll go back and read what you’ve been posting. I’m not sure that you need to punish yourself this much as from what little interaction I’ve witnessed from you I’ve found you to be a remarkable person whose humanity shows through in your postings.

I wish you well in whatever is going on with you. Be glad to see when you get back. I, personally, would miss your insights, which I’ve grown to look forward to for enlightenment.

God Speed.

avagreen on November 4, 2012 at 11:43 AM

Well, I have no idea that I’d chose “strike” on this last post….please ignore (the strike).

avagreen on November 4, 2012 at 11:45 AM

avagreen on November 4, 2012 at 11:45 AM

Don’t worry, it happens all the time.

Cindy Munford on November 4, 2012 at 12:36 PM

gumbyandpokey is Stephanie Cutter.

John the Libertarian on November 4, 2012 at 2:04 AM

I disagree – even Stephanie isn’t that stupid.

Constantine gets my vote for the dumbest one of them all here, although bileduct might be able to change my mind, and cause me to split my vote between them.

Anti-Control on November 4, 2012 at 12:48 PM

These types of statements are echos of recent conversations with Jarrett and the like.

Think of it as ‘cursing’ with the gang, and then having a cuss-word slip out at an inappropriate time. It wouldn’t happen if you didn’t curse with the gang in the first place. Same thing here.

RalphyBoy on November 4, 2012 at 8:29 PM