Of course there’s no voter fraud to worry about

posted at 5:31 pm on November 3, 2012 by Jazz Shaw

Early voting is already going on and for those states without it, expect a mad rush on Tuesday. But according to my friends who insist that efforts to reform voting laws are foolish “because voter fraud doesn’t happen,” there is absolutely no need to worry. Everything is under control. The American people wouldn’t stoop to such scurrilous tactics. Well, somebody needs to hop on a plane and fly out to Vegas and tell the cops that.

Las Vegas Woman Arrested After Trying To Vote Twice

CARSON CITY, Nev. (AP) — FBI agents arrested a woman Friday in Las Vegas on charges that she tried to vote twice in the presidential election, Secretary of State Ross Miller said.

A criminal complaint accuses Roxanne Rubin of casting a ballot at an early voting location in Henderson on Oct. 29, then trying to vote again at a polling site in Las Vegas on the same day.

Miller said poll workers questioned Rubin when they found her name in a database that showed she had already cast a ballot, but she denied having voted and insisted she be allowed to vote.

If the allegations are proven, this woman wasn’t some confused senior citizen who sent in an absentee ballot early then forgot about it and went down to try to vote in person. Both of these events took place on the same day. It seems to be a clear cut attempt to violate election law.

Now here comes the uncomfortable part – for both sides, as you will see – of this story. The woman in question was a Republican. And she was trying this in a state where several races are still up for grabs. Yes, I know… we don’t like to hear about one of our own pulling a stunt like this, but the story must be even worse for Democrats this weekend. I mean, think about it. They must be champing at the bit to scream and point their fingers and say, “Look! The Rethuglicans are cheating!” But if they do that, then they have to admit that voter fraud happens and steps need to be taken to thwart it.

Of course, this is a story which only involves one person’s vote. What about cases where it’s more institutional and affects lots of votes? Doesn’t happen, you say? Well how about this one from the also wavering state of Colorado?

Machines switched Romney votes to Obama

The Colorado Secretary of State’s Office is investigating after some Pueblo voters say voting machines switched their pick from Mitt Romney to Barack Obama.

The Pueblo County Republican Party said they’ve heard of more than a dozen reports of the problem.

One voter, who didn’t want to use her name, told KRDO Newschannel 13 that when she hit the touchscreen for Romney, a check mark appeared next to Obama’s name. She said she asked for help to fix the problem, but still feels unsure about her vote.

“I wonder where my vote really counted,” she said.

You’re right to wonder, madam. We all should. The system is about as secure as a Swiss Cheese, and every time we ask about making it more secure, we’re accused of disenfranchising, racism, hating puppies and all manner of things. It’s simply amazing.

Fortunately, in the Vegas case, the system detected it immediately. But does every state have such safeguards in place? I’m asking because I honestly don’t know and I very much doubt it. And as to the voting machines in Colorado, I’m on board with the woman they interviewed. The touch screen machines we use in NY now don’t even show you the selections you made and give you a chance to review them before finalizing. I have about as much faith that my vote is being correctly recorded as I do in Abba releasing a comeback album that sells 50 million. They system, both in terms of voting laws and the machines we use for it, is screaming out to be fixed and the legitimacy of our elections is already in question.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Keep up the vigilance on both sides and I will respect you.

Dave Rywall on November 3, 2012 at 6:30 PM

Show us where we haven’t, show us where we have condoned it on our side and not on the other.

Cindy Munford on November 3, 2012 at 7:50 PM

canopfor on November 3, 2012 at 7:01 PM

Another Good grief! I’m sorry, but any female stupid enough to allow a male stranger to “put a sticker” on her shirt shouldn’t complain.

bluefox on November 3, 2012 at 7:39 PM

bluefox:

Lol,well,it sure does highlight the Democrat Party War On
Women,tho!:)

canopfor on November 3, 2012 at 7:51 PM

Keep up the vigilance on both sides and I will respect you.

Dave Rywall on November 3, 2012 at 6:30 PM

Well, you lost me there, pal.

SagebrushPuppet on November 3, 2012 at 7:51 PM

canopfor on November 3, 2012 at 7:43 PM

I heard that Northern part of Ohio had some power outages. But I wouldn’t have thot they would still be out. I’ll do some checking and see if the CBS article is accurate:-) Guess the wind targeted just those nine polling precincts that are Dem strongholds, LOL

Thanks for all of the links!!

bluefox on November 3, 2012 at 7:55 PM

bluefox:

Lol,well,it sure does highlight the Democrat Party War On
Women,tho!:)

canopfor on November 3, 2012 at 7:51 PM

Good one! Guess we know now who is warring on the Women:-)

bluefox on November 3, 2012 at 7:57 PM

This could have been her attempt at a O’Keefe type sting. If so, she blew it. :)

I think it’s interesting that Nevada’s SOS is a dem. It will be informative to watch for similar dem arrestss.

Personally, I’m more ready to believe that a Democrat voted in her place rather than she intentionally tried to vote twice.

Skywise on November 3, 2012 at 5:34 PM

She physically voted in Henderson first.

That would make you useless to Republicans since denial, ignoring facts, is a truly-stupid instinct.

I don’t care what her party affiliation is, she needs to do jail time. Set an example.

iurockhead on November 3, 2012 at 5:48 PM

Exactly. That way when the cascade of dems gets caught they won’t be able to blame bias.

Capitalist Hog on November 3, 2012 at 8:00 PM

Cindy Munford on November 3, 2012 at 7:50 PM

Cindy Munford:

Evening Cindy,there is suppose to be a Mittens Rally at about 8:30PM:)
=========

Mitt Romney Campaigns in Colorado: Live at 8:25pm (ET) on C-SPAN

canopfor on November 3, 2012 at 8:01 PM

This: NAACP shilling for 0, taking over poll station in Houston

mr.blacksheep on November 3, 2012 at 8:01 PM

canopfor on November 3, 2012 at 8:01 PM

Thank you for letting me know.

Cindy Munford on November 3, 2012 at 8:03 PM

mr.blacksheep on November 3, 2012 at 8:01 PM

I just read that on another thread. Seems like a waste of time in Texas doesn’t it?

Cindy Munford on November 3, 2012 at 8:04 PM

But when I insisted he would lose it was for this reason.
Obama will win just like Hugo Chavez always wins by cheating.

Steveangell

I thought he was going to lose because Conservatives wouldn’t vote for him?

Conservatives will not vote for him. He will in fact lose. Remember Wisconsin Walker won but Mitt was 15 points behind. A conservative would beat Obama. But liberal Mitt will lose.

I have been consistent on that only three short weeks now.

Steveangell on October 19, 2012

Maybe “consistent” has a different meaning in crazy town, lol.

xblade on November 3, 2012 at 8:14 PM

O/T Huckabee show Live from downtown Columbus, Ohio. Nice background of the Statehouse behind Huckabee.

bluefox on November 3, 2012 at 8:15 PM

Cindy Munford on November 3, 2012 at 8:04 PM

They’re trying to cause trouble with the good people from True the Vote.

Funny, I live in Ft. Worth, and even in the south of town there aren’t many Obama lawn signs. We’re not exactly a swing state…

mr.blacksheep on November 3, 2012 at 8:20 PM

***** Alert *****

Jake Tapper ‏@jaketapper

WMUR Granite State poll of NH – 47/47 > http://bit.ly/SjTYnR

canopfor on November 3, 2012 at 8:27 PM

You taking all your meds in the right doses?

tom daschle concerned on November 3, 2012 at 7:50 PM

Read the post he referred to.

He likes to blame the sexually assaulted woman for the assault.

Steveangell on November 3, 2012 at 8:31 PM

canopfor on November 3, 2012 at 8:01 PM

Thank you for letting me know.

Cindy Munford on November 3, 2012 at 8:03 PM

Cindy Munford:Anytime Cindy:)

canopfor on November 3, 2012 at 8:35 PM

She physically voted in Henderson first.

And your proof of that is?
Voter ID? Not in Nevada…

Skywise on November 3, 2012 at 8:40 PM

mr.blacksheep on November 3, 2012 at 8:20 PM

Lefties sure do like to tell people to stand down, don’t they?

Cindy Munford on November 3, 2012 at 8:47 PM

canopfor on November 3, 2012 at 8:33 PM

Mitt looks so personally touched and humbled by the support he receives. Quite a difference from the chin up faux halo wearing Plastic Messiah of the Left.

Cindy Munford on November 3, 2012 at 8:51 PM

Cindy Munford on November 3, 2012 at 8:47 PM

Damn! I just came over to post that *exact* remark! :)

Solaratov on November 3, 2012 at 8:57 PM

Lefties sure do like to tell people to stand down, don’t they?

Cindy Munford on November 3, 2012 at 8:47 PM

Cowards.

mr.blacksheep on November 3, 2012 at 9:06 PM

Solaratov on November 3, 2012 at 8:57 PM

Great minds.

Cindy Munford on November 3, 2012 at 9:40 PM

redridinghood on November 3, 2012 at 9:08 PM

Mr. Rywall insists that you find a Republican who has done the same thing so you can prove your equal outrage. Do you think anyone, as in authorities, will talk to this guy?

Cindy Munford on November 3, 2012 at 9:44 PM

Cindy Munford on November 3, 2012 at 9:44 PM

Well something needs to be done about it, unfortunately they have a governor and attorney general that are both Democrats. Maybe Fox News or Sean Hannity could put the pressure on for his arrest.

redridinghood on November 3, 2012 at 10:04 PM

I early voted in Ohio. Had my driver’s license out when I walked in and they told my “Put that away, you don’t need it.” I just needed the last 4 of my SSN, or the DL number.

I was curious as to whether I could have gone in and voted as my dad, who died 3 years ago. I didn’t and wouldn’t try, but it would be interesting to see if I COULD.

arik1969 on November 3, 2012 at 10:11 PM

Are all the facts in on the woman in Nevada? How do you know someone else didn’t go to the early voting place and vote in her name? Why does everybody jump to conclusions and make assumptions when they don’t have the whole story?

There was a big deal story two weeks ago about a 20yo woman in Louisiana wearing an Obama t-shirt who supposedly was set on fire by a KKKer or a Romney supporter and it turns out she set herself on fire but I didn’t see follow-up stories at sites that had carried the original.

What happened to gathering the facts and not making judgments–you know, real journalism?

stukinIL4now on November 3, 2012 at 10:41 PM

I think it’s interesting that Nevada’s SOS is a dem.

Capitalist Hog on November 3, 2012 at 8:00 PM

Well, our governor also calls himself a republican. But same as my last one in GULAG, Arnie, that is all “republican” about the idiot, he decided he is “republican” to get elected, and that was the end of it.

Sandoval endorsed Hussein last week.

riddick on November 3, 2012 at 10:55 PM

The touch screen machines present several issues…

thatsafactjack on November 3, 2012 at 5:42 PM

For anyone that might be interested, here is a link to the seminal study of voter machine vulnerabilities. In a graduate computer security class I took a few years ago, part of the final exam involved taking a block architectural diagram of a hypothetical machine and doing a write-up on approaches you could take to compromise it.

bandarlog on November 4, 2012 at 1:25 AM

The touch screen machines present several issues…

thatsafactjack on November 3, 2012 at 5:42 PM

Yep, I go on record as saying that this will be a major issue within a few days…

Liam1304 on November 4, 2012 at 3:02 AM

I have never understood why the old mechanical lever voting machines are not considered to be a viable option. The machines lasted for many decades, were made in America, and voting on them was straight-forward and generally tamper-proof. The voting process would be much more standardized if new mechanical machines were manufactured and used in every precinct.

Where am I wrong about this?

Logic on November 4, 2012 at 5:37 AM

Logic on November 4, 2012 at 5:37 AM

Remember the “hanging chads” in FL? Yeah we know that most of the controversy was fabricated. But it was a crisis and our public serpents couldn’t let it go to waste. So gazillions have been spent on “modern” voting machines that are no less suspect than the old fashioned tried and true approaches. But they do allow for large scale manipulation in ways that never existed before. That’s what is called “progress” among those in the know.

MJBrutus on November 4, 2012 at 5:46 AM

Anyone who deludes themselves to thinking there will be no attempts at voter fraud this Tuesday should keep these four words in mind:

Chicago Democrat Machine Politics.

In the context of those four words lies the corrupt system Obama cut his teeth on, and it is the context of those four words that voter fraud is as common as breathing.

Best advice I can give anyone is that when you cast your ballot this Tuesday, check your ballot, re-check it, and check it one more time before handing it in or before pressing that button to have it accepted.

And if you see voter fraud in any manner or any shape, report it on the spot!

pilamaye on November 4, 2012 at 7:24 AM

This is my favorite. The brain-dead brainwashed dem who canceled out five of our votes since he’s afraid his kids won’t get the kind of contracpetion they need.a true village idiot.

Even better that the SCYTL machines that register obama even when you hit the Romney key to register your vote. Just too much!But they couldn’t have been hacked into now could they?

rodguy911 on November 4, 2012 at 7:38 AM

We have now read the same reports for North Carolina, Ohio, and Nevada. Four states and every single story I have seen has the machine failure defaulting to O’Bonehead.

What a strange coincidence.

Jaibones on November 4, 2012 at 8:56 AM

Between the Obama minions that try to vote more than once, and get caught, imagine all the other minions that are not going to get caught.

We have them trying to vote early and often, and the voting machines set up to record a vote for Romney as a vote for Obama, and no idea of how many or how much of this goes on across the nation.

The penalties for vote fraud are too lenient, and the stakes are too high.

Amputation, a more palatable word for chopping off an thumb or two wouldn’t be too drastic for a first offense. Progressing rapidly inward for second offense, etc., and pretty soon, we might have a passable defense against vote fraud.

dockywocky on November 4, 2012 at 10:35 AM

Son of a Acorn!

Voter Fraud Charges Begin in Ohio

…Election officials have flagged 200 possibly fraudulent voter registration cards, including one voter who registered as “John Adolf Hitler” after 33,000 new cards were sent to county officials across the state for verification in the final week leading up to Tuesday’s presidential election.

Many — if not all — of the suspect voter registration cards were filed by FieldWorks, a Washington, D.C., based third-party registration firm… FieldWorks mainly works with Democratic candidates and progressive causes, he said, and takes very seriously the business of registering voters.The Cuyahoga County Board of Elections reported three FieldWorks employees to the local prosecutor after finding what appeared to be the same signature on multiple registrations — something that may also be considered voter fraud.

Terp Mole on November 4, 2012 at 10:46 AM

I’m sure that someone has already asked about “identity fraud”.
Or Not …
~(Ä)~

Karl Magnus on November 4, 2012 at 11:05 AM

The Democratic candidate for the congressional district in MD was found to have voted in Florida and Maryland and had to withdraw from the election. A friend voted for Romney and Obama showed in the final review screen. She reported it. There is another report in another county in Maryland as well as other states. But no Obama to Romney votes. Strange, huh.

amr on November 4, 2012 at 7:23 PM

She is registered as a republican but the dems have already run other false flag operations in this campaign.

Slowburn on November 4, 2012 at 10:14 PM

who’s to say the dems didn’t take her ballot and have someone vote for her.

lwssdd on November 5, 2012 at 12:33 PM