Quotes of the day

posted at 10:17 pm on November 2, 2012 by Allahpundit

After more than a year of campaigning, endless political advertisements, two conventions and four debates, the presidential election is almost over. The big decision of 2012 will soon be in the hands of the voters. The choice Americans make will shape great things, historic things, and those will determine the most important and intimate aspects of every American life and every American family. All presidential elections matter. This one matters a great deal.

It matters to the senior who needs medical care but, thanks to ObamaCare, can’t find a doctor who is taking new Medicare patients. It matters to the men and women who once had good-paying jobs with benefits but now work part-time with no benefits just to put food on the table. It matters to the college student graduating this spring with a heavy load of debt and few opportunities to pay it back. It matters to the single mother who lives in fear of foreclosure as her employment prospects dwindle…

This requires a different direction, a change from the course of the past four years. It requires that we put aside the small and the petty, and demand the scale of change that we deserve: real change, big change. I pledge that my presidency will bring about that kind of change—confronting the problems that politicians have avoided for over a decade, revitalizing our competitive economy, modernizing our education system, restoring our founding principles.

***

An Obama second term means that the movement toward European-style social democracy continues, in part by legislation, in part by executive decree. The American experiment — the more individualistic, energetic, innovative, risk-taking model of democratic governance — continues to recede, yielding to the supervised life of the entitlement state.

If Obama loses, however, his presidency becomes a historical parenthesis, a passing interlude of overreaching hyper-liberalism, rejected by a center-right country that is 80 percent nonliberal.

Should they summon the skill and dexterity, Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan could guide the country to the restoration of a more austere and modest government with more restrained entitlements and a more equitable and efficient tax code. Those achievements alone would mark a new trajectory — a return to what Reagan started three decades ago.

***

Poll after poll, I generally see the same thing. Romney has an edge on the economy. That includes most of the state polls…

I do not know of an election where the electorate was so singularly focused on one set of issues, and the person trusted less on them nevertheless won…

Is it possible to win a presidential election while losing the independent vote? Sure. The independents basically split down the middle in 2000 and 2004, which left the outcome up to the relative strengths of the two party bases. But that is not what I see right now. Instead, I see a Romney margin among independents that ranges between 5 and 10 points. Prior to the 1980s, I could see the Democrats overcoming that, but not in 2012…

[T]his is a different approach than the poll mavens will offer. They are taking data at face value, running simulations off it, and generating probability estimates. That is not what this is, and it should not be interpreted as such. I am not willing to take polls at face value anymore. I am more interested in connecting the polls to history and the long-run structure of American politics, and when I do that I see a Romney victory.

***

Early voting is the best indicator we have for base enthusiasm. The weeks of early voting that now precede Election Day are the best chance for Democrats to win elections. This is not a time when undecided or even many persuadable voters go to the polls, but instead partisans show their ardor.

The latest Pew study and a slew of others show that what had been a huge advantage for Obama has been erased and maybe even reversed…

Romney leads widely among the most passionate voters – 9 points in the most recent Politico/George Washington University survey of battleground state voters – and Republicans have managed to match Democrats when it comes to contacting voters directly.

Team Obama staked nearly as much on ground game superiority and getting out the vote as it did on the “kill Mitt” strategy. Again, the Blue Team did not deliver.

***

Obama is in big trouble in Wisconsin. He is spending his last weekend in a state that last went Republican in the 1984 Reagan landslide.

Team Romney is going hard after Pennsylvania because both internal and public polling show significant movement toward Romney in recent days. Yesterday, Rep. Ryan and Sen. Marco Rubio drew large and enthusiastic crowds in Pennsylvania. On Sunday, Romney will hold a campaign rally in the Philadelphia suburbs. Who would have thought that Obama would spend the last days of the campaign defending a solidly blue state, while Romney makes a play for another one?

***

So assume:

(a) Total PA turnout is up 3% over 2008. Philly County comprises 11.5% of total PA electorate (similar to 2004, less than 2008).

(b) Romney wins non-Philly county 54-46. (Slightly better than Bush ’04, who won 52.5 to 47.5)

Then:

Obama MUST net 433k votes out of Philly County to win. In 2008 he netted 478k votes. In 2004 Kerry netted 410k votes. In 2000 Gore netted 350k votes.

Tweak the assumptions to lower Philly turnout, increase non-Philly turnout, increase Romney share of non-Philly. And Keystone State goes red.

***

Obama may need to do something Democrats have almost never done in the past nine decades: win a higher share of the vote in [Ohio] than he does nationally. Almost always, the GOP nominee has run stronger in Ohio than nationally. That’s not entirely surprising in a place that served as one of the birthplaces of the Republican Party and where two native sons, William McKinley and his legendary political strategist Mark Hanna, stamped the GOP’s modern identity as the pro-business party of small government in the realigning election of 1896.

Since 1924, the only Democratic presidential nominees who attracted a higher share of the popular vote in Ohio than nationally were Lyndon Johnson in 1964, Hubert Humphrey in 1968, George McGovern in 1972, and Kerry in 2004. And of those four, only Johnson (at 1.8 percentage points) improved on his national vote by more than 0.6 percentage points in Ohio. Since World War II, the Democratic presidential nominee has carried, on average, almost exactly 1 percentage point less of the popular vote in Ohio than he did nationally.

That’s obviously a challenging precedent for Obama, who is running at best even with Romney, if not trailing slightly, in most credible national surveys. Even Obama, while winning Ohio comfortably in 2008, drew 51.4 percent of the vote here, pointedly less than his 52.8 percent national showing. All of that suggests Obama would be defying history to take Ohio in an election where he wins the national popular vote by a hair, or tries to amass an Electoral College majority while losing the popular vote altogether. “Relying on Ohio is not where you want to be as a Democrat,” says Terry Nelson, the national field director in 2004 for George W. Bush, who clinched the presidency by defeating the Democratic nominee in Ohio by 118,000 votes after an epic investment from both sides. “I would not be sleeping well.”

***

***

***

“The door to a brighter future is there, open, waiting for us. I need your vote, I need your help. Walk with me, walk together. Let us start anew.”

Comments

Comment pages: 1 11 12 13 14 15

Some of my favorite jokes are about how simplistic are seniors. It is a kick in the ass. Particularily when you imagine what that gnarled tumor Letterman will look like old.

kenny on November 3, 2012 at 3:23 AM

TXUS on November 3, 2012 at 3:22 AM

I do? Is that a good thing? :)

thatsafactjack on November 3, 2012 at 3:23 AM

CNN also reported today that Romney was leading in Ohio by 13 points among voters who planned to vote on Tuesday, so that indicates a pretty massive turnout to make up any difference.

That same CNN poll has Obama winning Ohio, even with Romney winning the election day portion. That’s what happens when you don’t take early voting seriously enough. Romney had the money. No excuse to be so far behind in the early voting/absentees.

gumbyandpokey on November 3, 2012 at 2:05 AM

You’re so full of crap. When reporting on THAT poll, CNN’s John King said Romney is well-positioned to win Ohio. Even the hack media know Romney is moving in for the kill. The EV votes won’t be enough for Obama. He’s not creating a big enough margin. He only won OH by 250,000 in an historic Democratic year. He’s down 100,000 from his EV totals heading into election day. And GOP turnout is going to be huge.

Here’s some logic for ya:

1. Republicans are NOT going to constitute just 31% of the electorate in 2012 (our percentage in 2008). That was a near historic low.

2. Dems are NOT going to constitute 39% of the electorate in 2012 (see #1). That was a near historic high.

3. Independents are breaking for Romney from 5-10 points in the vast majority of polls. (Obama won Indies by 8 in 2008).

Obama is having trouble in any poll with less than D+5. OH is traditionally an R+1 state. You do the math.

If Obama’s ground game is so GREAT, why is he seeing large drop-offs in early voting from 2008? Why is he defending blue states, and hastily calling volunteers for GOTV in PA? Why is he spending money in Michigan and Minnesota? Why is he drawing fewer than 5,000 to rallies in states in he carried easily in 2008?

Why did he have to pull out of NC so early when there was a D+11 electorate there in 2008 and he went to the trouble of hosting a convention there? Why did he have to relocate his convention speech from “Panther Stadium” at a last-minute cost of $800K?

Why is he borrowing $15 million from Bank of America?

Why is he focusing on social issues that only 13% of the electorate care about?

Why is he desparately and pathetically clinging to Bill Clinton, an impeached liar who continually undermines him with clever put downs?

Why is his campaign so nasty and negative?

The answer to these questions: He’s losing.

Nicole Coulter on November 3, 2012 at 3:23 AM

Bama is unbeatable.
John the Libertarian on November 3, 2012 at 3:21 AM

TROLL!

SparkPlug on November 3, 2012 at 3:22 AM

Oooh! Look at you, Mr. Fancy Pants. :)

RedCrow on November 3, 2012 at 3:24 AM

I do like watching Stanford struggle, though.

John the Libertarian on November 3, 2012 at 3:21 AM

Fickle…

Gohawgs on November 3, 2012 at 3:24 AM

Solaratov on November 3, 2012 at 3:18 AM

Feel a ‘Fame’ and ‘A Chorus Line’ marathon coming on…

socalcon on November 3, 2012 at 3:25 AM

(¯`v´¯)
.`·.¸.·´ ???
¸.·´¸.·´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´? (¸.·´ .·´ ¸¸.·¨¯`·.?

Jackie doing the Tango.

SparkPlug on November 3, 2012 at 3:26 AM

Tango Flamenco

Might as well go for the trio.

thatsafactjack on November 3, 2012 at 3:26 AM

On the internet? We all get to know? Anyhow you seem grumpy. Don’t bother me and you will have no problema.

kenny on November 3, 2012 at 3:14 AM

You’re a first. Really. You are. The first person to take a gratitude and turn it into something that threatens your very existence. So pat yourself on the back. There was nothing condescending in my previous posts. I was thanking you. Oh, but that’s not good enough, right? I have to grovel and worship at the altar of kenny.

GFY. My family served proudly.

John the Libertarian on November 3, 2012 at 3:26 AM

SparkPlug on November 3, 2012 at 3:26 AM

Thank you, Spark! I love the tango!

thatsafactjack on November 3, 2012 at 3:27 AM

Am I the only one who finds it highly amusing that someone who has displayed one of the most nasty and cantankerous dispositions here, who has regularly disrupted and/or hijacked thread after thread with condescending, rude, argumentative and insulting behavior towards dozens of HA posters, established and new, is bemoaning the actions of a troll and calling for it to be banned?

Flora Duh on November 3, 2012 at 2:58 AM

First, I admire your phrasing of this topic! I find it funny, but also awkward because that same person has been making overtures as far as agreeing with me now, and being quite chummy. I’m frankly not sure how to react.

Night Owl on November 3, 2012 at 3:27 AM

Well you are an amateur plastic Wittgensteinian turnip muncher.

SparkPlug on November 3, 2012 at 2:57 AM

Sounds good to me. Can I use it Heidegger?

kenny on November 3, 2012 at 3:28 AM

GFY. My family served proudly.

John the Libertarian on November 3, 2012 at 3:26 AM

Don’t try to please a liberal with words.
Words are only good enough when they are giving and you are receiving.
From you, they mostly want money.

RedCrow on November 3, 2012 at 3:29 AM

RedCrow on November 3, 2012 at 3:13 AM

So, she was above-average articulate?

Coulda been one of lil barry’s Hahvahd classmates and Law Review peers.

Solaratov on November 3, 2012 at 3:30 AM

Nicole Coulter on November 3, 2012 at 3:23 AM

You Go, Girl!

socalcon on November 3, 2012 at 3:30 AM

thatsafactjack on November 3, 2012 at 3:26 AM

Damn–I got a hankering for some salsa.

RedCrow on November 3, 2012 at 3:30 AM

RedCrow on November 3, 2012 at 3:30 AM

LOL! It will do that to you.:)

thatsafactjack on November 3, 2012 at 3:31 AM

John… come sit poolside, with me. It’s very pleasant here. You’d be surprised how nice it is without cranky people. LOL!

thatsafactjack on November 3, 2012 at 3:16 AM

Coming from the rebel with a major cause here today, I will chill with you and drink a Pacifico beer and loll. But that kenny dickhead is a real dickhead, and that pains me, because I respect my elders. Maybe he needs to change his meds?

John the Libertarian on November 3, 2012 at 3:32 AM

I do? Is that a good thing? :)

thatsafactjack on November 3, 2012 at 3:23 AM

Yes, of course. And, it took me so long find out. ;-)

TXUS on November 3, 2012 at 3:32 AM

RedCrow on November 3, 2012 at 3:24 AM

,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-”–”-

The Nite Owl will get you Mr. Crow.

SparkPlug on November 3, 2012 at 3:32 AM

So, she was above-average articulate?

Coulda been one of lil barry’s Hahvahd classmates and Law Review peers.

Solaratov on November 3, 2012 at 3:30 AM

Lol. I’m not sure what her deal was.
I live in a majority GOP district. (Thad McCotter was my Rep before he flipped out.)
We have a lot of housing (condos and apartments) available to the govt. programs.
But, she coulda been a university lecturer–you know libfreeordie, no?

RedCrow on November 3, 2012 at 3:34 AM

500 Internal Server Error

Sorry, something went wrong.

That’s much worse than an External Server Error.

We in the trade call it a goof up 500.

SparkPlug on November 3, 2012 at 3:36 AM

TXUS on November 3, 2012 at 3:32 AM

You’re quite a gentleman. I want to thank you for watching my back tonight.

I’m glad I make you laugh. :)

thatsafactjack on November 3, 2012 at 3:36 AM

Besame Mucho – Evora

thatsafactjack on November 3, 2012 at 3:37 AM

Night Owl on November 3, 2012 at 3:27 AM

FREE ADVICE:

I find it best to assume every HA poster is full of S#!+.

Then, no risk of emotional attachment or the conflict you say you are experiencing ( unless you are bullsh****ng us all …in which case, f-off and die)

socalcon on November 3, 2012 at 3:38 AM

LOL! It will do that to you.:)

thatsafactjack on November 3, 2012 at 3:31 AM

Lol. I had a thing for an hispanic beauty who worked on my floor.
I got in the elevator once, and it was jammed. I wound up standing chest-to-chest with her (well, I’m 6’1″, she’s about 4’11″, so…)

Anyhow, I totally chickened out. Although it was a full elevator.

So…d a m n…

RedCrow on November 3, 2012 at 3:39 AM

GFY. My family served proudly.

John the Libertarian on November 3, 2012 at 3:26 AM

My you have my number. The main thing I thought when emptying into the morn was to make a Libertarian grovel. Just be nice. I don’t hold grudges. You are fine.

kenny on November 3, 2012 at 3:39 AM

RedCrow on November 3, 2012 at 3:34 AM

I thought libfree is male (physically).

Solaratov on November 3, 2012 at 3:39 AM

SparkPlug on November 3, 2012 at 3:36 AM

USER ERROR

RedCrow on November 3, 2012 at 3:40 AM

KENNY!!

Solaratov on November 3, 2012 at 3:06 AM

Still hot to trot young feller?

kenny on November 3, 2012 at 3:10 AM

THIS is why we need trolls.

Night Owl on November 3, 2012 at 3:40 AM

“●●“
./█\.
_||_

Who wants to dance?

SparkPlug on November 3, 2012 at 3:41 AM

Solaratov on November 3, 2012 at 3:39 AM

Really?!
Oh–who cares?
They have gender like they have personalities–multiple.

RedCrow on November 3, 2012 at 3:41 AM

I’m frankly not sure how to react.

Night Owl on November 3, 2012 at 3:27 AM

As you would for any stalker who’s circling, looking for a bait ball…

Gohawgs on November 3, 2012 at 3:41 AM

thatsafactjack on November 3, 2012 at 3:36 AM

Most welcomed, and it’s always a pleasure to watch your back, and I love that dragon tattoo. ;-)

TXUS on November 3, 2012 at 3:42 AM

Nicole Coulter on November 3, 2012 at 3:23 AM

Great post

jimver on November 3, 2012 at 3:42 AM

In case you missed it, this was a great piece by Jay Cost.

Good nite!

Nicole Coulter on November 3, 2012 at 3:42 AM

The Nite Owl will get you Mr. Crow.

SparkPlug on November 3, 2012 at 3:32 AM

If we meet, I’ll but you some paints and canvasses.
I get half!

RedCrow on November 3, 2012 at 3:43 AM

thatsafactjack on November 3, 2012 at 3:37 AM

Nice.

Nessun Dorma, Phil Emmanuel

gh on November 3, 2012 at 3:43 AM

gumbyandpokey on November 3, 2012 at 2:05 AM

Here’s some logic for ya:

Why is he borrowing $15 million from Bank of America?

Why is he focusing on social issues that only 13% of the electorate care about?

Why is his campaign so nasty and negative?

The answer to these questions: He’s losing.

Nicole Coulter on November 3, 2012 at 3:23 AM

Nice intellectual curb-stomping there, Nicole.

Alberta_Patriot on November 3, 2012 at 3:43 AM

You are fine.

kenny on November 3, 2012 at 3:39 AM

Yawn. Go to bed.

John the Libertarian on November 3, 2012 at 3:43 AM

RedCrow on November 3, 2012 at 3:39 AM

It’s those missed opportunities… those things that were within our grasp… that somehow escaped us… that we regret later in life.

This one sounds like you will sigh, when you are older, and perhaps dream of what might have been. A small, and sweet, regret.

I hope all your regrets are small, and sweet to remember, RedCrow.

thatsafactjack on November 3, 2012 at 3:44 AM

THIS is why we need trolls.

Night Owl on November 3, 2012 at 3:40 AM

You must understand satire. You seem like an eduucationed lass.

kenny on November 3, 2012 at 3:44 AM

●█●●█●●█●●█●
●█●●█●●█●●█●
●█●●█●●█●●█●
●█●●█●●█●●█●
●█●●█●●█●●█●
●█●●█●●█●●█●

Who wants to play dominoes?

SparkPlug on November 3, 2012 at 3:44 AM

gh on November 3, 2012 at 3:43 AM

Very cool.

thatsafactjack on November 3, 2012 at 3:45 AM

Yawn. Go to bed.

John the Libertarian on November 3, 2012 at 3:43 AM

Quite the chip you bear there my condescending internet monkey.

kenny on November 3, 2012 at 3:46 AM

|^^^^^^^^^^^\||____
| The WTF Truck ||||””‘|””\__,_
| _____________ l||__|__|__|)
…|(@)@)”””””””**|(@)(@)**|(@)

Lets Roll

SparkPlug on November 3, 2012 at 3:47 AM

SparkPlug on November 3, 2012 at 3:13 AM

You are a hoot.

Night Owl on November 3, 2012 at 3:47 AM

JtL,

At least the good Dr. Tesla was kinda entertaining. In his own way…

Gohawgs on November 3, 2012 at 3:48 AM

SparkPlug on November 3, 2012 at 3:47 AM

Is today your birthday?

Gohawgs on November 3, 2012 at 3:49 AM

TXUS on November 3, 2012 at 3:42 AM

I appreciate it.

LOL! That dragon was only for Halloween.

It was just one of those painted on variety.

I don’t have any tramp stamps. :)

thatsafactjack on November 3, 2012 at 3:49 AM

I hope all your regrets are small, and sweet to remember, RedCrow.

thatsafactjack on November 3, 2012 at 3:44 AM

Well, mercy buckets ( :) ), Jackie.
Not sure I’d call any of them sweet to remember, but they are mostly small.

I should retire. I’m sleepy, and getting nostalgic. I’ll see all y’all later.

WIN R&R!!

RedCrow on November 3, 2012 at 3:49 AM

JtL,

At least the good Dr. Tesla was kinda entertaining. In his own way…

Gohawgs on November 3, 2012 at 3:48 AM

Actually you are too!

kenny on November 3, 2012 at 3:49 AM

John the Libertarian on November 3, 2012 at 3:43 AM

John, A temporary case of Attention Deficit might be in order…

socalcon on November 3, 2012 at 3:50 AM

RedCrow on November 3, 2012 at 3:49 AM

Goodnight, RedCrow. Sleep well.

thatsafactjack on November 3, 2012 at 3:50 AM

thatsafactjack on November 3, 2012 at 3:45 AM

Here he is about 20 years younger.
Joy

gh on November 3, 2012 at 3:51 AM

SparkPlug on November 3, 2012 at 3:47 AM

Is today your birthday?

Gohawgs on November 3, 2012 at 3:49 AM

Yep.

I was born in the wagon of a travelling show on Nov 2
My momma used to dance for the money they’d throw

SparkPlug on November 3, 2012 at 3:52 AM

You are fine.

kenny on November 3, 2012 at 3:39 AM

So, let’s see. What did kenny teach us here, tonight? Don’t ever thank service people who served our country. That is intolerable. Don’t ever express our gratitude for people who served in the military. That is condescending and horrible.

John the Libertarian on November 3, 2012 at 3:52 AM

Dream On – Dio and Malmsteen

thatsafactjack on November 3, 2012 at 3:53 AM

Kinda late for a self described 73 yr old dick to be up, eh lil kenny?

Gohawgs on November 3, 2012 at 3:53 AM

Yep.

I was born in the wagon of a travelling show on Nov 2
My momma used to dance for the money they’d throw

SparkPlug on November 3, 2012 at 3:52 AM

Thought so. Careful or you’ll wear out your new toy…

Gohawgs on November 3, 2012 at 3:54 AM

John the Libertarian on November 3, 2012 at 3:52 AM

Hold up, John.

Most service personnel have a great deal of class and will acknowledge someone thanking them for their service with dignity and genuine warmth.

One shrill voice shouldn’t detract from that at all.

thatsafactjack on November 3, 2012 at 3:55 AM

thatsafactjack on November 3, 2012 at 3:49 AM

Damn, thought it was real. ;-)

TXUS on November 3, 2012 at 3:55 AM

SparkPlug on November 3, 2012 at 3:52 AM

Seriously. IS it your birthday, Spark?

thatsafactjack on November 3, 2012 at 3:56 AM

John the Libertarian on November 3, 2012 at 3:52 AM

Stop your dam whining will you

kenny on November 3, 2012 at 3:57 AM

TXUS on November 3, 2012 at 3:55 AM

I’m a woman of mystery! lol!

thatsafactjack on November 3, 2012 at 3:57 AM

The answer to these questions: He’s losing.
Nicole Coulter on November 3, 2012 at 3:23 AM

That was an epic reply. Bravo to you!

bluegill on November 3, 2012 at 3:59 AM

Barack Obama is a half white Kenyan

Slade73 on November 3, 2012 at 4:00 AM

Una notte a Napoli – Pink Martini

thatsafactjack on November 3, 2012 at 4:00 AM

thatsafactjack on November 3, 2012 at 3:56 AM

No. Its not. Maybe people think it is cause I’m trying out my new etch a sketch to express my individuality.

SparkPlug on November 3, 2012 at 4:00 AM

FREE ADVICE:

I find it best to assume every HA poster is full of S#!+.

socalcon on November 3, 2012 at 3:38 AM

Now I feel awkward and unsure how to react to YOU. No, I’m really torn up about it. Really. /

Night Owl on November 3, 2012 at 4:01 AM

Where is BMore?
How about Schad?

SparkPlug on November 3, 2012 at 4:01 AM

SparkPlug on November 3, 2012 at 4:00 AM

I like your drawings, Spark. I think they’re excellent. :)

thatsafactjack on November 3, 2012 at 4:02 AM

John the Libertarian on November 3, 2012 at 3:52 AM

Awww, lighten up, John. It could be PTSD from sitting on the border – in a tank – staring at Russians – sitting in tanks.

You can always tell by the thousand yard stare.//

Solaratov on November 3, 2012 at 4:02 AM

SparkPlug on November 3, 2012 at 4:01 AM

Well…it IS a little late. Maybe they’ll be up soon, at least Bmore, for the morning crew.

thatsafactjack on November 3, 2012 at 4:03 AM

Nicole Coulter on November 3, 2012 at 3:23 AM

That was quite nicely done. Kudos.

Solaratov on November 3, 2012 at 4:05 AM

thatsafactjack on November 3, 2012 at 4:03 AM

The morning crew is great. They bring all the fresh news. Can’t wait for Mitt to reel in 315 evs and watch the O bots twist in the wind

SparkPlug on November 3, 2012 at 4:07 AM

One shrill voice shouldn’t detract from that at all.

thatsafactjack on November 3, 2012 at 3:55 AM

Think he’s backing down. Hyperbole, and all.

John the Libertarian on November 3, 2012 at 4:07 AM

If Romney cant win on Tuesday after running such a focused campaign against a weak incumbent in such a bad economic environment, the Republican party should be disbanded.

It doesn’t look as if the GOP will the Senate. Harry Reid will be a major p
Impediment to getting anything accomplished. Romney will have govern via EO.

rickyricardo on November 3, 2012 at 4:10 AM

Barack Obama is a half white Kenyan

Slade73 on November 3, 2012 at 4:00 AM

Just to say Kenyan is inaccurate because within Kenyan there are several dominant tribes. In terms of broad ethnic background you have the Bantu and the Niloti. On the overall the Niloti dominate min Kenya, but in the case of Obama Sr, based mon his general physiognomy, he was Bantu. In the case 0f Rwanda as an example the Tutsi were Niloti, whereas the (insert tribal name here) were Bantu. This racial conflict has gone on since about the time Norwegians(vikings) were picking on the Irish and were receiving bruised noses as a consequence.

kenny on November 3, 2012 at 4:10 AM

John the Libertarian on November 3, 2012 at 4:07 AM

Just trying to be ‘subtle’. ;)

thatsafactjack on November 3, 2012 at 4:10 AM

thatsafactjack on November 3, 2012 at 4:02 AM

Thanks.

Factoid: Clint Eastwood made it acceptable to criticize The Won. Since then many have been able to more readily express their opinion about Obama.

SparkPlug on November 3, 2012 at 4:11 AM

You must understand satire. You seem like an eduucationed lass.

kenny on November 3, 2012 at 3:44 AM

Thanks.

Night Owl on November 3, 2012 at 4:12 AM

I bought some “Gingerbread Oreos” today…and they are really good.
They’re a ‘limited edition’, though, so if you see some you’d better get them. I don’t know how long they’ll be out.

Solaratov on November 3, 2012 at 4:12 AM

SparkPlug on November 3, 2012 at 4:11 AM

That’s very true. Clint rode into town, ridiculed the bad guy, called him out into the street, and thoroughly trounced him for all to see. Gotta love Clint. :)

thatsafactjack on November 3, 2012 at 4:13 AM

I’m a woman of mystery! lol!

thatsafactjack on November 3, 2012 at 3:57 AM

Mystery or, perhaps, a delightful illusion, full of fire and fate and
fun.

A sweet, thin line, always, between the two.

TXUS on November 3, 2012 at 4:14 AM

kenny on November 3, 2012 at 4:10 AM

heh

Slade73 on November 3, 2012 at 4:16 AM

I bought some “Gingerbread Oreos” today…and they are really good.

Solaratov on November 3, 2012 at 4:12 AM

I am reluctant to try them after the 100th Birthday Limited Edition cookies. They were disgusting. Also, you may be lying about how good they are.

Night Owl on November 3, 2012 at 4:17 AM

I wanna punch BO in his Kenyan face

Slade73 on November 3, 2012 at 4:17 AM

I wanna punch BO in his Kenyan face

Slade73 on November 3, 2012 at 4:17 AM

Calm down lad, calm down. His time will come.

kenny on November 3, 2012 at 4:19 AM

Night Owl on November 3, 2012 at 4:17 AM

It’s against the law to lie about Oreos.

They’re a national tradition.

Solaratov on November 3, 2012 at 4:19 AM

TXUS on November 3, 2012 at 4:14 AM

Well.. who am I to argue with a gentleman, or contradict a friend? lol!

Thank you, TXUS. A very nice compliment, indeed. :)

thatsafactjack on November 3, 2012 at 4:20 AM

thatsafactjack,

Read through the ‘closing arguments’ thread…

The teeeensiest of advice: up the meds…..

G’nite

Night Owl on November 3, 2012 at 4:01 AM

Just assume I’m drunk at the keyboard, and/or borrow some of Jackie’s meds.

socalcon on November 3, 2012 at 4:21 AM

Night Owl on November 3, 2012 at 4:17 AM

I never tried the birthday ones. Were they the multi-colored ones?

But I like the Gingerbread. YMMV

Solaratov on November 3, 2012 at 4:23 AM

socalcon on November 3, 2012 at 4:21 AM

You know… all in all, that’s the third time you’ve been an insulting jerk.

I’d suggest you might lay off the drink, or take some ‘meds’.

thatsafactjack on November 3, 2012 at 4:25 AM

It’s against the law to lie about Oreos.

They’re a national tradition.

Solaratov on November 3, 2012 at 4:19 AM

Oh goodness. I owe you an apology. I didn’t look closely at your name and I thought you were this guy. I don’t really like gingerbread cookies, but I will buy some for my mother, based on your recommendation!

FREE ADVICE:

I find it best to assume every HA poster is full of S#!+.

socalcon on November 3, 2012 at 3:38 AM

Night Owl on November 3, 2012 at 4:27 AM

Night Owl on November 3, 2012 at 4:27 AM

I missed that earlier. Quite a piece of work, that guy.

thatsafactjack on November 3, 2012 at 4:30 AM

thatsafactjack on November 3, 2012 at 4:20 AM

Good night, and don’t forget to lock up. ;-)

TXUS on November 3, 2012 at 4:30 AM

I never tried the birthday ones. Were they the multi-colored ones?

But I like the Gingerbread. YMMV

Solaratov on November 3, 2012 at 4:23 AM

The outside was regular looking, but they didn’t taste the same. The inside had different colored specks in white filling, but I don’t think the filling was the problem. I think the outside was supposed to taste like cake.

Night Owl on November 3, 2012 at 4:31 AM

TXUS on November 3, 2012 at 4:30 AM

Thanks, TXUS. Sleep well. :)

thatsafactjack on November 3, 2012 at 4:31 AM

I missed that earlier. Quite a piece of work, that guy.

thatsafactjack on November 3, 2012 at 4:30 AM

LOL! It was, after all, free.

Night Owl on November 3, 2012 at 4:35 AM