Obama and Romney present: Their closing arguments

posted at 12:01 pm on November 2, 2012 by Erika Johnsen

There comes a moment in every campaign when the time for thinking up new memes and lines of attack is over (leastaways, one would hope — I’d hardly put anything past the Obama campaign at this point) and to finally put into succinct words, what’s this all been about? Overarchingly, why should you vote for me over the other guy? While they’ll both continue to campaign in swing states over the weekend and through Monday, they’ll be locking up their various theses and supporting arguments and going for a strong, loud n’ proud finish — and they both laid out their visions in dueling op-eds today, via CNN.

Barack Obama hit on many of the major themes (I think we’re supposed to interpret them as ‘achievements’ or something) he’s touted this long while: “Saving” us from an economic depression (rather than keeping us meandering along in a near-recession), Osama bin Laden is dead, taking credit for decreased reliance on foreign oil that isn’t his, “fair shares” and class-warmongering, Romney wants to “take us back to the policies that got us here in the first place” (plus a Bill Clinton shout-out, whoop whoop), etcetera:

In the closing weeks of this campaign, Governor Romney has started calling himself an agent of change. And I’ll give him one thing — offering another $5 trillion tax cut weighted towards the wealthy, $2 trillion in defense spending our military didn’t ask for, and more power for big banks and insurance companies is change, all right. But it’s not the change we need. …

Change is an America where people of every age have the skills and education that good jobs require. We took on banks that had been overcharging for student loans for decades, and made college more affordable for millions. …

Change is an America where we reduce our deficit by cutting spending where we can, and asking the wealthiest Americans to go back to the income tax rates they paid when Bill Clinton was president. I’ve worked with Republicans to cut a trillion dollars of spending, and I’ll do more. I’ll work with anyone of any party to move this country forward. …

The folks at the very top don’t need another champion in Washington.

…Yes, because if anybody knows about reaching across the aisle and producing a responsible budget, it must be Barack Obama. (Also, a small but disconcerting sidebar: “We took on banks that had been overcharging for student loans for decades.” So, President Obama presumes to know what the right amount for banks to charge for student loans is? That… is scary.)

Mitt Romney, meanwhile, focused on his five major pro-growth policies, emphasized his record of bipartisanship, and reiterated that we don’t have to settle for the economic quagmire in which we’ve been living these past four years:

America is a land of opportunity. But lately, for too many Americans, opportunity has not exactly come knocking. We’ve been mired in an economic slowdown that has left millions of our fellow citizens unemployed. …

It hasn’t always been this way. It certainly doesn’t have to be this way in the future.  …

We will restore fiscal sanity to Washington by bringing an end to the federal spending and borrowing binge that in just four years has added more debt held by the public than almost all previous administrations combined. We will put America on track to a balanced budget by eliminating unnecessary programs, by sending programs back to states where they can be managed with less abuse and less cost, and by shrinking the bureaucracy of Washington. …

Nothing is ever easy in Washington, but these goals are rooted in bipartisan agreement, and I will work with members of both parties to accomplish them.  As governor of a state that was overwhelmingly Democratic, I was always ready to reach across the aisle and I can proudly point to the results. I’ve learned that when we come together to solve problems in a practical spirit, we can accomplish miracles.

Cut, print, that’s a wrap. Romney, by the way, is delivering the speech-version of his closing argument in Wisconsin this morning — I’ll post some vid later.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 3 4 5 6

400

Bmore on November 2, 2012 at 5:23 PM

Who snuck one in there?

Bmore on November 2, 2012 at 5:23 PM

It must be difficult for you to come to terms with your candidate agreeing so much with Obama about it a the foreign policy debate.

Dave Rywall on November 2, 2012 at 5:21 PM

Not really, I don’t expect great things from Romney. But the bar’s been lowered about as low as it can get under Obummer, so that anyone’s foreign policy would simply have to be better.

Maybe I missed the part where Mittens says he’s going to go around the world bowing and apologizing to foreign leaders?

Dr. ZhivBlago on November 2, 2012 at 5:25 PM

Who snuck one in there?

Bmore on November 2, 2012 at 5:23 PM

Sorry.

weaselyone on November 2, 2012 at 5:27 PM

UES banned.

Bmore on November 2, 2012 at 2:59 PM

I missed that. What sent him over the edge?

Del Dolemonte on November 2, 2012 at 5:29 PM

Thanks for confirming you are a dumbarse.

Romney wouldn’t leave 4 Americans to die while he jets off to a campaign fundraiser with Beyonce.

That’s good enough for me.

Oh and thought you libtards were claiming Romney was just another cowboy with a hair trigger. You can’t have it both ways.

And finally, Obama has the glowing endorsements of Ahmadinejad, Putin, Chavez, Castro and the Chinese. Guess they think Romney’s foreign policy is just like Obama’s as well.

Stop be=clowning yourself. Or at least use your customary ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ah hahaha ha ha hahaha haha ha.

HumpBot Salvation on November 2, 2012 at 5:22 PM
——–
1 Your facts on Benghazi are hilarious

2 You cheered Romney’s big war talker guy act up until the foreign policy debate. How come none of you are upset about how he withered?

3 That you believe your little bullshit endorsement list means anything speaks volumes about the level of your critical thinking

Dave Rywall on November 2, 2012 at 5:31 PM

Dr. ZhivBlago on November 2, 2012 at 5:25 PM
——
Ahhh the apology myth. Speaks volumes about how much koolaid you drink and how little you read.

Dave Rywall on November 2, 2012 at 5:32 PM

There are trolls on this thread.

Bmore on November 2, 2012 at 5:14 PM

Oh? Perhaps you’ll draw up a list.

chumpThreads on November 2, 2012 at 5:33 PM

I missed that. What sent him over the edge?

Del Dolemonte on November 2, 2012 at 5:29 PM

Del, how on earth did you miss that one?Lest I be mistaken it was this West thread. Looks like some housekeeping took place. Notice who was playing Bishop on the thread. Lol! Here.

Bmore on November 2, 2012 at 5:34 PM

chumpThreads on November 2, 2012 at 5:33 PM

As usual, way ahead of you chump.

Bmore on November 2, 2012 at 5:35 PM

weaselyone on November 2, 2012 at 5:27 PM

Lol!, Its okay, your not really a weasleyone, goodone was already taken. ; )

Bmore on November 2, 2012 at 5:36 PM

Dave Rywall on November 2, 2012 at 5:32 PM

Nothing mythical about it. But, I’m not going to sit here all day refuting things that you choose to say didn’t happen when they obviously did. I can read Nineteen Eighty-Four and get plenty of that there.

Dr. ZhivBlago on November 2, 2012 at 5:38 PM

Dave Rywall on November 2, 2012 at 5:31 PM

You angry, bro?

John the Libertarian on November 2, 2012 at 5:38 PM

As usual, way ahead of you chump.

Bmore on November 2, 2012 at 5:35 PM

B, I think you need to add the concern troll “robb” to the list. He was stinking up QOTD last night.

John the Libertarian on November 2, 2012 at 5:39 PM

1 Your facts on Benghazi are hilarious

Dave Rywall on November 2, 2012 at 5:31 PM

1. My facts on Benghazi are spot on. The coward was more worried about his campaign than what was happening to a US Ambassador.

2. ROFLMAO..sure dude whatever you say. Please give some specifics on Romney’s big war talk.

3. The world laughs at Barry Obama..the fact that you are oblivious to it speaks VOLUMES to your stupidity. The fact that the world’s worst human rights violators and largest sponsors of terrorism support Obama..speaks volumes.

Once again, thanks for confirming you truly are a idiot and pathetic.

HumpBot Salvation on November 2, 2012 at 5:40 PM

HumpBot Salvation on November 2, 2012 at 5:22 PM
——–

You forgot Honey Boo Boo…
LOL

Strike Hornet on November 2, 2012 at 5:40 PM

Lol!, Its okay, your not really a weasleyone, goodone was already taken. ; )

Bmore on November 2, 2012 at 5:36 PM

The anti-Bishop. I am soon to corner the market and weasel in the last comment on each page.

weaselyone on November 2, 2012 at 5:42 PM

There are trolls on this thread.

Bmore on November 2, 2012 at 5:14 PM

Oh? Perhaps you’ll draw up a list.

chumpThreads on November 2, 2012 at 5:33 PM

O’bamna is going to beat his record of 70% of the high school dropout vote on Tuesday. He’s getting all of them this time.

PS, latest WaPo daily tracking “poll” shows absolutely no bounce for Dear Leader from this week’s Godsend Hurricane. An achievement you’re proud of, I’m sure.

Del Dolemonte on November 2, 2012 at 5:48 PM

At the risk of being rebuked, I’d like to offer an alternative interpretation. I took socalcon’s first statement not to be about Jackie, but just to be a statement of his own about gumby in agreement with what Jackie said at 2:05. The colon after the word media may be a typo. I don’t know.

He put Jackie’s name in quotes next because he wanted to address her directly in his statement about mimics.

His final quote is from something he read.

The libs, bless their little hearts (and I do mean tiny), they’ve no concept that communication has changes with new media:

thatsafactjack on November 2, 2012 at 2:05 PM

They struggle to mimic their Hero, the sail-eared POTUS:

President Obama told voters in Iowa that they could “take a videotape” of things he said 10-12 years ago, and be able to say he is the “same guy” with the “same values,” who cares about the “same people.”

socalcon on November 2, 2012 at 3:25 PM

I’d suggest simply asking socalcon what he meant.

INC on November 2, 2012 at 5:52 PM

According to the ABC/WaPo poll today, Romney is within 2 point of barky among women 50-48.
If this is true, there is NO WAY barky can win this election…

Strike Hornet on November 2, 2012 at 5:55 PM

INC on November 2, 2012 at 5:52 PM

Thank you, INC. I appreciate your effort.

I mean to ask him directly when we meet again.

thatsafactjack on November 2, 2012 at 5:56 PM

John the Libertarian on November 2, 2012 at 5:39 PM

All lowercase? Done. ; )

Bmore on November 2, 2012 at 5:58 PM

thatsafactjack on November 2, 2012 at 5:56 PM

Thanks for reading that and replying. My best guess is that he’s simply been clumsy in his wording.

INC on November 2, 2012 at 5:59 PM

thatsafactjack on November 2, 2012 at 5:56 PM

Could just be a formatting issue. His previous comment to me is what has us suspicious.

Bmore on November 2, 2012 at 6:01 PM

Here is today’s updated troll list. Treat them accordingly. They were the loyal opposition, then the adversary, now the enemy.

El Txangurro on June 15, 2012 at 12:38 AM
whbates
Typhonsentra
Politricks
U2denver
Sojobo
wargammer6
HotAirLib this one goes by HAL when you speak at it. ; )
urban elitist
akaniku
DBear
chumpThreads
daveylovesgoliath
Daikokuco.
nathor
lostmotherland

Bmore on November 2, 2012 at 2:46 PM

Thanks for posting this! But you left out Constantine (Copronymus).

Benedict Nelson on November 2, 2012 at 6:01 PM

Benedict Nelson on November 2, 2012 at 6:01 PM

My my, how on earth did I forget my sweetie pie. Thank you Benedict, nice save. ; )

Bmore on November 2, 2012 at 6:04 PM

Anytime, Bmore! Anytime! ;)

Benedict Nelson on November 2, 2012 at 6:06 PM

Didn’t gumby say he couldn’t wait for the ABC Wash post poll. Its got Mitt up 49-47.

anchorman on November 2, 2012 at 6:06 PM

Bmore on November 2, 2012 at 6:01 PM

Yes, indeed. If it had been a ‘one off’ incident, I’d have been inclined to overlook it, but since it’s the second, it’s a little harder to dismiss.

I will ask him when I next run into him.

thatsafactjack on November 2, 2012 at 6:07 PM

INC on November 2, 2012 at 5:59 PM

Of course I read it and replied. Didn’t we wish one another a ‘goodnight’ on the QOTD not so very long ago?

I’ve been reading your posts regularly. You write some very good, insightful posts.

thatsafactjack on November 2, 2012 at 6:08 PM

thatsafactjack on November 2, 2012 at 6:07 PM

I was wondering about that.

cozmo on November 2, 2012 at 6:09 PM

cozmo on November 2, 2012 at 6:09 PM

Oh, me too, Cozmo, rest assured! lol!

thatsafactjack on November 2, 2012 at 6:11 PM

DR is not on Bmore’s list.

This is just for him.

This too, especially the Benghazi part. It’s a perfect summa summarum.

Schadenfreude on November 2, 2012 at 6:12 PM

Someone needs to tell Obama that if he is out on the campaign trail proclaiming in every speech “that he always tells the truth”, it makes it even more obvious that he is lying.
Just saying…….

Susanboo on November 2, 2012 at 6:13 PM

Schadenfreude on November 2, 2012 at 6:12 PM

Thank you for those links, Schadenfreude. Wonderful news.

thatsafactjack on November 2, 2012 at 6:14 PM

Hey, Dave! Who are you voting for? Oh…never mind.

kingsjester on November 2, 2012 at 6:16 PM

kingsjester on November 2, 2012 at 6:16 PM

Made me laugh! Good one! :)

thatsafactjack on November 2, 2012 at 6:18 PM

Ah. I see some of our little dogs that are so fond of barking from behind their digital mistress’ legs are here.

I suppose it isn’ t totally inappropriate to name a Chihuahua-sized mongrel “chump” or “Dave”.

We really should, though, try not to feed them so much as they poop everywhere.

M240H on November 2, 2012 at 6:20 PM

Bmore, add ZippyZ

Schadenfreude on November 2, 2012 at 6:20 PM

It is impossible to believe Obama talking about being a budget balancer and coal guy etc is going to carry the election. When compared to Romney’s positive message the difference will be in who follows.

Just like Obama’s positive message (however false) gave him a record level of support. His lying message that is contradicted by his record will only get the Kool-aid drinkers to turn out. I think like McCain he gets only his baseline of support if they ran a can of orange juice which is 47%. It’s clear in the numbers he will lose independents by the margins he won them in 2008.

Conan on November 2, 2012 at 6:33 PM

Update:

El Txangurro
libfreeordie
damian1967
whbates
Typhonsentra
Politricks
U2denver
Sojobo
HotAirLib this one goes by HAL when you speak at it. ; )
urban elitist
Constantine

Bmore on November 2, 2012 at 6:44 PM

Bmore on November 2, 2012 at 6:44 PM

sesquipedophilian?

slickwillie2001 on November 2, 2012 at 6:48 PM

Bmore on November 2, 2012 at 6:44 PM

Alphabetized courtesy of Excel. You had damian1967 twice.

akaniku
AlexB
chumpThreads
Constantine
cornfedbubba partial ban?
Daikokuco.
damian1967
Dave Rywall
daveylovesgoliath
DBear
easyt65
El Txangurro
gumbyandpokey
HotAirLib this one goes by HAL when you speak at it. ; )
iwasbornwithit
urban elitist
whbates
Wilbur
Your Mamma loves me
ZippyZ

cozmo on November 2, 2012 at 6:50 PM

Michael Barone says Romney will win. I hope he is right.

Terrye on November 2, 2012 at 6:52 PM

sesquipedophilian?

slickwillie2001 on November 2, 2012 at 6:48 PM

Great catch, have to check the spelling though. That one is an old timer. Thank you. ; )

cozmo on November 2, 2012 at 6:50 PM

Schweet, copying it now and adding sequiped…..have to look that one up. Lol!

Bmore on November 2, 2012 at 6:52 PM

cozmo on November 2, 2012 at 6:50 PM

Team work is a wonderful thing. ; ) I figured folks might like to have the list because with only 3 days to go, this weekend may get busy. ; )

Bmore on November 2, 2012 at 6:54 PM

… this weekend may get busy. ; )

Bmore on November 2, 2012 at 6:54 PM

Help a friend (read that as me do, him help) rewire and install new light fixtures in his class room, or clean out garage with for wife. Yeah, its gonna’ be busy.

cozmo on November 2, 2012 at 6:57 PM

cozmo on November 2, 2012 at 6:57 PM

I’m in the same boat, a bit overwhelming being this far behind with the chores. ; ) I need like a years worth of weekends to have any chance of getting caught up.

Bmore on November 2, 2012 at 7:03 PM

Bmore, sesquipedalian

I’m sure Axelturd will release more magots bef. Tuesday.

Schadenfreude on November 2, 2012 at 7:05 PM

Got him, sesquipedalian.

Bmore on November 2, 2012 at 7:06 PM

“With the race still heating up in the background, the trolls take a moment to reflect and lament the mysterious disappearance of one of their own, crr6. Formerly considered a guaranteed victor for Troll of the Year, it vanished without a trace after taking repeating beatings regarding Fast and Furious.”

PXCharon on November 2, 2012 at 4:03 PM

Oddly enough, she disappeared at exactly the same time OWS started. I wonder if she was that woman who left her family, gave up custody of her children, to become a full time protester. Her legal knowledge wasn’t very impressive and might have been just a lie.

Night Owl on November 2, 2012 at 7:06 PM

Schadenfreude on November 2, 2012 at 7:05 PM

Well, if I’m not around much, keep a list for me would ya? In three days it will either be needed or not. ; )

Bmore on November 2, 2012 at 7:07 PM

Is bayam a troll? I have never really gotten him.

Bmore on November 2, 2012 at 7:09 PM

Bmore on November 2, 2012 at 6:44 PM

Don’t forget Ric, who thinks 9/11/01 was as preventable as Benghazi.

xblade on November 2, 2012 at 7:09 PM

thatsafactjack on November 2, 2012 at 6:08 PM

Yes, and thanks. I hesitated to say anything, and I only wanted you to know I appreciated a response.

INC on November 2, 2012 at 7:09 PM

Bmore on November 2, 2012 at 7:09 PM

Oh, yeah.

INC on November 2, 2012 at 7:10 PM

cozmo on November 2, 2012 at 6:50 PM

Don’t forget Ric. Ric belongs on that list :)

tom daschle concerned on November 2, 2012 at 7:10 PM

Bmore on November 2, 2012 at 6:44 PM

I think…rickyricardo, too.

thatsafactjack on November 2, 2012 at 7:10 PM

Bmore, ernesto

Schadenfreude on November 2, 2012 at 7:11 PM

This is for gumby:

Ohioans Greet Obama: ‘What Are You Hiding?’

According to the White House press pool, President Obama arrived in Ohio today to see signs lining the road:

Motorcade passed small groups of onlookers, including a slightly larger cluster holding signs related to Benghazi such as: “We won’t stand down …Benghazi” and “What are you hiding?”

Since the press pool saw it, I hope there were some signs about the media!

INC on November 2, 2012 at 7:12 PM

Schadenfreude on November 2, 2012 at 7:11 PM

Yes. Definitely… him, too. Good call.

thatsafactjack on November 2, 2012 at 7:12 PM

You know, I have a snaeking suspicion that the majority of people that voted for ZERO the first time around so they would be on “the side of history” are going to vote against him for the same reason this election.

I say, welcome to sanity. And please, don’t screw up again!

OkieDoc on November 2, 2012 at 7:12 PM

Since cozmo already has the list in Excel, I think he’d be a better “keeper”, Bmore.

Sorry, cozmo, not delegating, just being practical.

Schadenfreude on November 2, 2012 at 7:13 PM

“@keithurbahn just tweeted: Romney source tells me Obama, Biden & Clinton had 9 rallies today. Total combined crowds will be less than Mitt’s OH rally tonight (25k+)”

Conservative4ev on November 2, 2012 at 7:13 PM

Dave Rywall

It must be difficult for you to come to terms with the reality that your candidate got played during the foreign policy debate, lol.

xblade on November 2, 2012 at 7:15 PM

I think…rickyricardo, too.

thatsafactjack on November 2, 2012 at 7:10 PM

I don’t think so. Merely not liking Romney shouldn’t get you put on THE LIST!

Night Owl on November 2, 2012 at 7:16 PM

Is bayam a troll? I have never really gotten him.

Bmore on November 2, 2012 at 7:09 PM

Schadenfreude on November 2, 2012 at 7:19 PM

Night Owl on November 2, 2012 at 7:16 PM

Actually, it wasn’t anything to do with his not liking Romney. It has to do with the kind of comments he’s leveled at other posters.

However, if you wish to make the case to keep him off, I’m fine with waiting to see, one way or the other.

thatsafactjack on November 2, 2012 at 7:20 PM

Sorry, cozmo, not delegating, just being practical.

Schadenfreude on November 2, 2012 at 7:13 PM

No prob, but already closed the program without saving.

Too many things going on to keep track. Maybe later.

cozmo on November 2, 2012 at 7:21 PM

More for Gumby:

Romney’s Foreign Policy Approval Skyrocketing

From September to October, Pew found that Romney scored a 15-point gain on foreign policy issues. Romney’s foreign policy surge has been so dramatic that on Wednesday the New York Times sought to slow his momentum by blurring President Barack Obama’s and Mr. Romney’s positions in an article titled “Two Candidates, One Foreign Policy.”…

At least two events dramatically altered Mr. Romney’s foreign policy trajectory.

On September 10th, Washington Post columnist Marc Thiessen set off a firestorm of controversy with the publication of an article titled, “Why is Obama Skipping More Than Half of His Daily Intelligence Meetings?”. . . .

The very next day…on September 11th, the U.S. embassy in Cairo was attacked and the Al Qaeda flag was raised on American soil. Later in the day, the U.S. consulate building in Benghazi came under terrorist attack…

On September 12th Breitbart News ran an exclusive report revealing that the White House calendar showed that Mr. Obama had not attended his daily intelligence briefings the entire week leading up to the Benghazi attack….

I looked at the NYT editorial from Wednesday, and it is nothing more than an attempt to try to shield Obama by saying Romney will be just like him on foreign policy. A statement so ridiculous I doubt even the NYT believes it.

I suspect the NYT is worried that people do care about Benghazi.

INC on November 2, 2012 at 7:23 PM

Missing Keninct – banned

Schadenfreude on November 2, 2012 at 7:24 PM

Missing Keninct – banned

Schadenfreude on November 2, 2012 at 7:24 PM

Heartache…

HumpBot Salvation on November 2, 2012 at 7:28 PM

HumpBot Salvation on November 2, 2012 at 7:28 PM

LOL!:)

thatsafactjack on November 2, 2012 at 7:29 PM

Yes, don’t leave out bayam.

Meanwhile … did you see the CNN Ohio poll that Romney was leading by 13 points among voters who planned to vote on election day???

I don’t know what to think about all these polls showing Obama up in the swing states, but down in the internals, and voter enthusiasm.

It doesn’t make sense.

I’m just going to be optimistic.

Nicole Coulter on November 2, 2012 at 7:29 PM

I’m calling my shot now beoootchez….
Romney – 289 ev
He’s gonna win the following RCP swing states:
Florida
Virginia
New Hampshire
Ohio
North Carolina
Wisconsin
Colorado

Believe it!

the_stoics on November 2, 2012 at 7:29 PM

thatsafactjack on November 2, 2012 at 7:20 PM

LOL! I don’t really care one way or the other, I just don’t want to see us going all “House Committee on UnAmerican Activities”!

Night Owl on November 2, 2012 at 7:31 PM

the_stoics on November 2, 2012 at 7:29 PM

You forgot PA!

Night Owl on November 2, 2012 at 7:32 PM

Night Owl, PA would be awesome! I hope you’re right

the_stoics on November 2, 2012 at 7:36 PM

Night Owl on November 2, 2012 at 7:31 PM

All trolls out themselves in the fullness of time. I don’t really care ‘one way or the other’, either.

However, it’s not a bad idea, in light of the inevitable coming confusion on Tuesday, to have a notion at least of who’s who.

thatsafactjack on November 2, 2012 at 7:37 PM

Okay latest updated list. As much as I don’t like rickyricardo, I left him off. He is more of a fluffer. See basilsbest for full description.

akaniku
daveylovesgoliath
DBear
easyt65
ernesto
El Txangurro
gumbyandpokey
HotAirLib this one goes by HAL when you speak at it. ; )
iwasbornwithit
urban elitist
whbates
Wilbur
Your Mamma loves me
ZippyZ

Bmore on November 2, 2012 at 7:39 PM

I have to be out for a few hours. I’ll check back to see if there are any additions. Thanks everyone! ; )

Bmore on November 2, 2012 at 7:40 PM

Bmore, I have a name from the Baron thread.

Alpha_Male

I don’t think I recognize the name. If he’s commented, it hasn’t been very much.

INC on November 2, 2012 at 7:50 PM

Bmore, I have a name from the Baron thread.

Alpha_Male

INC on November 2, 2012 at 7:50 PM

I’ll second INC’s nomination.

thatsafactjack on November 2, 2012 at 8:07 PM

Some are only semi-trolls. There are the ones like u2denver that are just here to be annoying, there are the ones like akiniku that are so far out there I can only conclude they’re sock-puppets, and there are the ones like bayam and nathor who do seem to actually think about stuff.

And then there’s scumbyandpukey, in a class by itself. Dear admins, please let us enjoy its head exploding on November 7, then put the poor, mutilated thing out of its our misery!

Mary in LA on November 2, 2012 at 8:09 PM

Let me be clear™®©: u2denver is a full-on troll. Cranial cavity filled with solid concrete. As for akiniku, he/she/it needs psychotropic medication, badly.

Mary in LA on November 2, 2012 at 8:12 PM

Bmore on November 2, 2012 at 6:44 PM

That list is getting bigger by the hour…

jimver on November 2, 2012 at 8:13 PM

Mary in LA on November 2, 2012 at 8:12 PM

but U2 denver is easy to mock coz he’s of the stupid kind, the spitting dem talking points kind, it doesn’t have a brain of its own. Akaniku is a poor, self-admitted unemployed little bugger, who moved back with its parents, so it has no prospects and as a result a lot of time on its hands, but it is not nearly as prolific and on a continuous red bull diet like the pole dancer axtraordinaire,, gumbey.

jimver on November 2, 2012 at 8:21 PM

Bmore, I have a name from the Baron thread.

Alpha_Male

INC on November 2, 2012 at 7:50 PM

I’ll second INC’s nomination.

thatsafactjack on November 2, 2012 at 8:07 PM

I’d put YYZ on there too. Another Canadian troll.

slickwillie2001 on November 2, 2012 at 9:02 PM

Do Dante and FloatingRock count as trolls, or just idiots?

Benedict Nelson on November 2, 2012 at 9:20 PM

Adrian Gray ‏@adrian_gray
OHIO: A big day showed up for Obama in my bellwether counties. Dems now 5.8% off 2008…when they won by 4.6%. All signs to dead heat.
8m

Adrian Gray ‏@adrian_gray
IOWA: D’s still lead with 63k ballots in the can, 3k over my hurdle of 60k. Romney needs big Election Day or to win Indies. Both possible.
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite
11m

Adrian Gray ‏@adrian_gray
ABC/WaPo: 11% of early votes pre-sandy. 5% post-sandy. It’s a noisy datapoint, but could be bump for incumbent. 72% still to vote though.

gumbyandpokey on November 2, 2012 at 9:41 PM

gumbyandpokey on November 2, 2012 at 9:41 PM

HOpe and change, based on random twitter users…

Still got that Sandy victim blood wiped on your face warrior gumby?

tom daschle concerned on November 2, 2012 at 9:46 PM

gumbyandpokey on November 2, 2012 at 9:41 PM

Obama has lost Ohio.

So sad for you.

HumpBot Salvation on November 2, 2012 at 9:50 PM

Benghazi, LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nobody cares about Benghazi.
gumbyandpokey on November 2, 2012 at 1:14 AM

You should go over to Allahpundit’s new thread on Benghazi, you little cur. They’d love to talk to you over there!

thatsafactjack on November 2, 2012 at 9:51 PM

Is bayam a troll? I have never really gotten him.

Bmore on November 2, 2012 at 7:09 PM

…longterm dumb jackass…just chews hay!

KOOLAID2 on November 2, 2012 at 10:01 PM

WaPo has Romney only down by 2 with women (50-48)…DEVASTATING for barky. bronco bomma simply CANNOT without a double diget win among women…

Strike Hornet on November 2, 2012 at 10:09 PM

Opps…mispelled digit

Strike Hornet on November 2, 2012 at 10:09 PM

Adrian Gray ‏@adrian_gray
8m

Adrian Gray ‏@adrian_gray
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite
11m

Adrian Gray ‏@adrian_gray

gumbyandpokey on November 2, 2012 at 9:41 PM

I do not think the WaPo poll came out quite like you thought hoped it would…

Strike Hornet on November 2, 2012 at 10:11 PM

Is bayam a troll? I have never really gotten him.

Bmore on November 2, 2012 at 7:09 PM

…longterm dumb jackass…just chews hay!

KOOLAID2 on November 2, 2012 at 10:01 PM