Barack Obama, still the firearms salesman-in-chief

posted at 3:21 pm on November 2, 2012 by Erika Johnsen

I always find it amusing that, despite President Obama’s copious command-and-control efforts to stimulate both the economy at large and his politically-preferred pet industries (“green energy” springs to mind), all of which have all meandered along miserably, he hasn’t managed to even remotely stymie the one industry that so many liberals would like to see eliminated altogether. In 2008, in anticipation of Barack Obama’s election, gun sales started to surge — and it looks like the prospect of a second Obama term has only fueled that trend. Via InfoWars:

“People are definitely scared of a president who has voted when he was a senator against guns,” Anthony Bouchard, director of the Wyoming Gun Owners Association in Cheyenne told the Wyoming Star Tribune. “[If Obama gets re-elected] he’s in a lame-duck session and he can do the things he wants to do. That’s what we’re afraid of.”

Irvin Walker, owner of Triggers Gun Shop in Mills, called Obama, “the best gun salesmen we’ve had,” and said he was expecting another wave of customers after November 6 if Obama defeats Mitt Romney, despite the fact that sales are already riding high. …

Despite prolonged economic turmoil, gun sales have bucked the trend, with both Ruger and Smith & Wesson operating at maximum capacity and struggling to keep up with demand.

With Ruger’s sales up 86 percent since Obama took office, the company’s previous quarter sales demolished all expectations, with sales totaling $118 million dollars. …

Slavo highlights the graphs below which depict how soaring gun sales are closely related with the election season.

I actually think that there’s a bit of a chicken-and-egg thing going on here, and that, along with other factors, the rising cultural acceptability of gun ownership, concealed carry permits, recreational shooting, etcetera is helping to fuel along gun sales (huzzah!) — but there can be no doubt that a pervasive fear of big, intrusive, too-powerful government is a legitimate component of what’s lately motivating people to get themselves to the gun store and the shooting range. Just chalk it up to “bitter clingers” doing what they do best, I s’pose: Bitterly clinging. ‘Murika.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

I bought my AR-15 the day after he was elected.

meci on November 2, 2012 at 3:23 PM

Hmmmmmmmm …. sell my 10/22 tomorrow at the gun show????

PolAgnostic on November 2, 2012 at 3:23 PM

Just applied for my concealed weapons permit in MI. Time to get that gun and ammo. I’ll tell you what, the gun manufacturers have had a windfall of sales since 2008. The feast before the inevitable famine should Obama be reelected.

totherightofthem on November 2, 2012 at 3:24 PM

An AR with seven 30 round magazines, a Glock with four 15 round magazines, a SuperNova with an 18.5 inch barrel —I mean it’s just common sense, isn’t it?

claudius on November 2, 2012 at 3:27 PM

Via InfoWars:

Never never never link InfoWars. Never. It’s bad enough that Drudge does it.

thirtyandseven on November 2, 2012 at 3:27 PM

Remember, it only takes one more Obama-fluffer on the Supreme Court to overturn the Second Amendment. That thought alone should chill any gun owner to the bone.

SKYFOX on November 2, 2012 at 3:27 PM

That thought alone should chill any gun owner (and sane red-blooded American) to the bone.

SKYFOX on November 2, 2012 at 3:27 PM

Don’t narrow your potential.

Schadenfreude on November 2, 2012 at 3:29 PM

claudius on November 2, 2012 at 3:27 PM

Right behind ya!! I just need the AR and our collections will match!

search4truth on November 2, 2012 at 3:30 PM

the only thing to buy if obama is reelected is popcorn and watch republican blogs.
if obama loses, popcorn and watching lib blogs will also be fun, but republican hysteria has more entertainment quality!

nathor on November 2, 2012 at 3:30 PM

I’ll be shopping the gun show tomorrow myself for a quaint .40 S&W, perhaps in a Glock. It’ll be a little momento for our upcoming election…no matter what the outcome.

Wyznowski on November 2, 2012 at 3:32 PM

Ammo is ridiculous.

Cindy Munford on November 2, 2012 at 3:32 PM

If re-elected I’m sure he wants to tap into the state hunting license data-base…forget that the thugs “don’t need no stinking license”…nobody should be allowed to defend themselves because we can hire more public employees to protect you.

if Obama loses next Tuesday, I fully expect mass riots in the rotting cities where he is strong…good thing that the election is in Nov and the keys get handed over in Jan…

teejk on November 2, 2012 at 3:32 PM

Don’t narrow your potential.

Schadenfreude on November 2, 2012 at 3:29 PM

You are right, of course, but far too many Americans don’t understand that the the infringement upon rights they may not exercise is an infringement upon all rights; even the ones they care about.

SKYFOX on November 2, 2012 at 3:33 PM

nathor on November 2, 2012 at 3:30 PM

So you have forgiven HotAir and are back. Excellent.

Cindy Munford on November 2, 2012 at 3:33 PM

I look forward to some decent prices after next week.

I don’t want these high prices to last through inauguration. There are some that I want.

Though, when I saw that pre-ban AR’s and Spas were going for mega bucks, I almost thinned out my arsenal collection.

But using Alex Jones for source material?

cozmo on November 2, 2012 at 3:34 PM

I bought my AR-15 the day after he was elected.
meci on November 2, 2012 at 3:23 PM

Ha, me too. Just bought a new 1911 a few months ago too.

jawkneemusic on November 2, 2012 at 3:35 PM

I would love to purchase a couple of firearms, but in this economy, I can’t afford to. Gas in the car and food on the table have a little higher priority. wife has heer eye on this really nice Lady S&W, but we have to feed the children.

seymour01 on November 2, 2012 at 3:35 PM

This reminds me, I need a Glock. Going shopping.

lonestar1 on November 2, 2012 at 3:35 PM

Ammo is ridiculous.

Cindy Munford on November 2, 2012 at 3:32 PM

Roll your own. It’s fun. Just pay special attention to primer seating. Bad primer seating = misfires. Also, use reloads for practice. Use factory ammo if you have to shoot somebody or you may be in for a nasty lawsuit from the perp or his kinfolk.

SKYFOX on November 2, 2012 at 3:36 PM

thirtyandseven on November 2, 2012 at 3:27 PM

+eleventy

strictnein on November 2, 2012 at 3:36 PM

So you have forgiven HotAir and are back. Excellent.

Cindy Munford on November 2, 2012 at 3:33 PM

I returned the next day. but I learned my lesson, don’t try apolitical conversations, whatever the circumstances, 6 days out to election day.

nathor on November 2, 2012 at 3:37 PM

nathor on November 2, 2012 at 3:30 PM

We’re glad you’re enjoying the show! Hopefully you’ll be this upbeat next week…

Don’t forget to tip your waitress! We’ll be here the next four years!

Ace ODale on November 2, 2012 at 3:37 PM

OT: I just got a “vote history audit” for me and several of my neighbors in the mail. I know it’s public record and all but that’s just creepy.

joekenha on November 2, 2012 at 3:37 PM

teejk on November 2, 2012 at 3:32 PM

Roiters always riot whjere tey live, destory their ‘hoods, then demand assistance monies to rpair the end results of their actions. They never have t pay Stupid Tax, because we always pick up the tab.

seymour01 on November 2, 2012 at 3:38 PM

nathor on November 2, 2012 at 3:30 PM

Question for ya: If NY was red, do you think people would be crapping in hallways waiting for the government to rescue them?

kim roy on November 2, 2012 at 3:38 PM

It’s bad enough that Drudge does it.

thirtyandseven on November 2, 2012 at 3:27 PM

Drives me crazy when I click a Drudge link and end up there. Ugh.

besser tot als rot on November 2, 2012 at 3:38 PM

seymour01 on November 2, 2012 at 3:35 PM

If a wheelgun is your preference, take a look at Charter Arms. American made, good quality, lower sticker price.

SKYFOX on November 2, 2012 at 3:39 PM

Cindy Munford on November 2, 2012 at 3:33 PM

and by the way, HA is way more fun to comment on during the primaries. now is an echo chamber.

nathor on November 2, 2012 at 3:39 PM

This reminds me, I need a Glock. Going shopping.

lonestar1 on November 2, 2012 at 3:35 PM

I know some people don’t like them…but man, I love my Glock 23. It’s my carry weapon, and I don’t leave home without it.

search4truth on November 2, 2012 at 3:39 PM

seymour01 on November 2, 2012 at 3:38 PM

Preview is my friend,…

Rioters always riot where they live, destroy their ‘hoods, then demand assistance monies to repair the end results of their actions. They never have to pay Stupid Tax…

Preview is my friend…x 1000

seymour01 on November 2, 2012 at 3:40 PM

I bought my AR-15 the day after he was elected.

meci on November 2, 2012 at 3:23 PM

I bought mine, plus about 5 other new guns, within the first year of his pResidency.

UltimateBob on November 2, 2012 at 3:40 PM

search4truth on November 2, 2012 at 3:39 PM

I know they are the modern “in” thing. But I want a firearm with an external hammer.

Yeah, I’m old. Careful though, I also carry.

cozmo on November 2, 2012 at 3:42 PM

search4truth on November 2, 2012 at 3:39 PM

Yeah, I’m old. Careful though, I also carry.

cozmo on November 2, 2012 at 3:42 PM

I don’t know if it has to do with age, but I agree with you on the external hammer.

listens2glenn on November 2, 2012 at 3:45 PM

claudius on November 2, 2012 at 3:27 PM

Amen, bro – ‘cept I use an AK with four 40s/five 30s and a CZ with 4 12-round mags. Still deciding on the shotgun, though; giving myself ’til Tuesday to make up my mind…

affenhauer on November 2, 2012 at 3:45 PM

SKYFOX on November 2, 2012 at 3:39 PM

Carried a 4″ S&W 686 for years, but rally prefer 1911 and its variants. Glocks are nice, and I really , really loved my two Sigs. Even teh 380 was a sweet shooter. Now jsut down to a 92FS and a 1917.

seymour01 on November 2, 2012 at 3:46 PM

listens2glenn on November 2, 2012 at 3:45 PM

Quarter cock is your friend. And my thumb is my safety.

cozmo on November 2, 2012 at 3:46 PM

kim roy on November 2, 2012 at 3:38 PM

nathor on November 2, 2012 at 3:47 PM

If Obama is reelected, team up with a good friend and ‘sell’ each other your firearms. That way you can truthfully say I sold that gun when the government goons come calling.

meci on November 2, 2012 at 3:48 PM

Let’s see, I have 23 guns in my safe: 19 rifles and 3 pistols.

I’m not sure how that happend…

pseudonominus on November 2, 2012 at 3:49 PM

seymour01 on November 2, 2012 at 3:35 PM

You can get a Mossberg pump 12 gauge that holds 8 in the tube for $250 at Dick’s or Academy. OR you can look in places like Craigs List for used weapons.

AubieJon on November 2, 2012 at 3:49 PM

nathor on November 2, 2012 at 3:30 PM

You lied about 5 times in that string.

Schadenfreude on November 2, 2012 at 3:49 PM

The market doesn’t like the labor reports…down 140.

Schadenfreude on November 2, 2012 at 3:49 PM

claudius on November 2, 2012 at 3:27 PM

Until you lost them all in that boating accident. And you forgot to declare insurance on them, so you didn’t replace them, because your kids spend your gold and silver coins on ice cream that hot day last summer when the ice cream truck passed by.

That’s the honest truth, Mr. ATF man.

LoganSix on November 2, 2012 at 3:50 PM

While some of the gun sales is surely do to the ascendency of the radical Left, taking over the Dem party at the top, I think some of it is also just more people getting into ownership and the sport in general. A cultural trend.

I bought my first one this year…I would have done it no matter who was President. I went trap shooting on a whim and loved it. I also like the indoor range. Something to do during the long winters. I needed another hobby other than golf.

visions on November 2, 2012 at 3:50 PM

As an aside, word from inside NJ gov circles is that Christie was told to make nice with Bozo or he wouldn’t get jack sh*t in the way of relief supplies for his state.

And conditions in NJ and NYC are much worse than are being reported. In some areas, no food, no water, no heat, no gas, no escape. The death toll will be going up as Nero fiddles.

esblowfeld on November 2, 2012 at 3:51 PM

We’re glad you’re enjoying the show! Hopefully you’ll be this upbeat next week…

whatever happens, I wont be buying a gun, that is for sure.

Don’t forget to tip your waitress! We’ll be here the next four years!

Ace ODale on November 2, 2012 at 3:37 PM

I will also be around, when the topic interest me.
if obama wins, however, I have my knife sharpened for certain groups within the gop.

nathor on November 2, 2012 at 3:51 PM

nathor on November 2, 2012 at 3:47 PM

What kim roy is implying is that blue staters would rather poop in their pants and hope someone comes to clean them up because it’s what liberalism has conditioned them to do.

AubieJon on November 2, 2012 at 3:52 PM

Via InfoWars:

Never never never link InfoWars. Never. It’s bad enough that Drudge does it.

thirtyandseven on November 2, 2012 at 3:27 PM

Yes. Remember this?

Conservative blogger Michelle Malkin was beset by a horde of self-described leftist anarchists not far from the site of the Democratic National Convention earlier today. The mob was lead by well known left-wing conspiracy theory radio show host Alex Jones, who was at the protest designed to (and I’m not exaggerating at all) levitate the Denver Mint so as to shake out all the money. The mob was organized under the banner “Re-Create ’68″, with the goal of re-igniting the riots of 1968 around the Chicago Democratic Convention.

Alex Jones is indeed a left wing blogger (with an army of left wing bloggers under his New Media umbrella). He’s the curator of a number of New Media websites often cited by the left, including InfoWars, PrisonPlanet, The Jones Report, and Truth News.

Jones, accompanied by little more than a handful of protesters that showed up for the event were documented chanting “Kill Michelle Malkin,” only moments after chanting their previous refrain of “Love! Peace! Justice!”

After shouting orders out to his followers to “not let Michelle Malkin leave,” Alex Jones and the small mob of protesters (followed by the much larger mob of press) harangued and screamed a bevvy of personal and ideological attacks for a number of blocks, as the diminutive Malkin attempted to calmly flee the scene.

Laura Curtis on November 2, 2012 at 3:52 PM

My worry (from a firearms standpoint) is more of what happens when Obama gets defeated next Tuesday.

I’m prepared for a rioting contingency. Or…”man-caused disaster” in the parlance of the Obama administration.

SAMinVA on November 2, 2012 at 3:52 PM

kim roy on November 2, 2012 at 3:38 PM

nathor on November 2, 2012 at 3:47 PM

That’s not what I said and you very well know it. You also pointedly ignored the second part of my question, which clarifies the first – “government to rescue them”.

I’ll help you out here. Conservatives are prepared and help themselves. They do not rely on government to do this for them, but you seem to find this amusing, this ability and desire to be self sufficient. You also seem to find the lack of ability or desire to be self sufficient to be amusing as well.

Which would indicate that you have no principles or ideas that you would call your own and only go by whatever is best at the present moment.

Thanks for playing.

kim roy on November 2, 2012 at 3:53 PM

nathor on November 2, 2012 at 3:30 PM

An Obama loss which we all know will never happen will just lead to liberals mopping and whining for a few days.

From Harry Reid

In a statement reacting to what he said are Romney’s claims that Senate Democrats will work with him on his agenda, Reid calls Romney a “severe conservative” whose “far-right agenda” Democrats reject.

“Romney’s fantasy that Senate Democrats will work with him to pass his ‘severely conservative’ agenda is laughable. In fact, Mitt Romney’s Tea Party agenda has already been rejected in the Senate,” Reid says, listing GOP policies Romney has embraced that the Senate has voted down, including the budget plans offered by vice presidential nominee Paul Ryan, R.-Wis.

The impending Romney loss will be the sweetest thing to watch though~especially on HA. The hysteria will go on for years.I really can’t wait.

HotAirLib on November 2, 2012 at 3:53 PM

SAMinVA on November 2, 2012 at 3:52 PM

Duh, I have a shop in an “urban” area.

cozmo on November 2, 2012 at 3:54 PM

Some of this may also have to do with the acceptance of shooting for sports, what with the popularity of shows like History channel’s Top Gun. I see this as also adding to the rise in gun sales, now that it is accpetable to shoot for “sport”.

seymour01 on November 2, 2012 at 3:54 PM

HotAirLib on November 2, 2012 at 3:53 PM

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

*koff* Yeah, right.

C’mon sing for us, HAL. You know you want to.

kim roy on November 2, 2012 at 3:55 PM

HotAirLib on November 2, 2012 at 3:53 PM

What did you really want to say to me, HAL?

Did you want to sing to me?

Sing DAISY, HAL.

You know you want to.

thatsafactjack on November 2, 2012 at 3:55 PM

Yea well, people know that with the Traitor-in-chief trying to circumvent the 2nd Amendment, it’s very likely, Americans will have to defend themselves from deadly force by any number of different enemies. Not the least of which is Obama Storm Troopers! People have a knowledge of history and no amount of BS is going to convince them that the Butcher of Benghazi, has their best interest at heart.
Addendum on the fight against Obama’s Enemy media: http://paratisiusa.blogspot.com/2012/09/an-open-letter-to-those-who-should-know.html?spref=tw

God Bless America!

paratisi on November 2, 2012 at 3:56 PM

HotAirLib on November 2, 2012 at 3:53 PM

Your life is fairly shallow and meaningless isn’t it?

ShadowsPawn on November 2, 2012 at 4:00 PM

nathor on November 2, 2012 at 3:37 PM

Words to live by. I am sure you are correct about the echo chamber but I’m pretty sure that is on the Right and the Left.

Cindy Munford on November 2, 2012 at 4:02 PM

claudius on November 2, 2012 at 3:27 PM

Bushmaster AR-15, 12 MagPul Magazines, half loaded at all times, the other half empty and changed out every six months. .45 Glock, .40 Spingfield XD, Ruger 9mm, Winchester 12 gauge, Remington 12 gauge 870, .22 long rifle.

All purchased within the last four years.

ShadowsPawn on November 2, 2012 at 4:02 PM

From Harry Reid

HotAirLib on November 2, 2012 at 3:53 PM

You use a quote from Harry Reid to make your point? Really?

Harry Reid has no crdibilty at all, zip zero nada.

pseudonominus on November 2, 2012 at 4:02 PM

Cindy Munford on November 2, 2012 at 4:02 PM

Yeah, about the only way to tell the difference between the libs here is to read their handle. Their posts all sound just alike.

ShadowsPawn on November 2, 2012 at 4:03 PM

AubieJon on November 2, 2012 at 3:52 PM

look, people still expect the goverment to help them in case of natural disasters. what wrong with that?

nathor on November 2, 2012 at 4:04 PM

what wrong with that?

nathor on November 2, 2012 at 4:04 PM

Other than everything, not much.

cozmo on November 2, 2012 at 4:05 PM

whatever happens, I wont be buying a gun, that is for sure.

nathor on November 2, 2012 at 3:51 PM

Well that’s a relief, wouldn’t want you to put eye out while you’re waiting for the cops to show up and save your sorry azz.

antipc on November 2, 2012 at 4:05 PM

In other countries that bho would JUST love for the US to be like, the 2nd was the first to go. WE here in the US have ‘our means’ to see to it at least we can put defense if bho, God please don’t let it happen) we won’t end up like the wannabe nation bho would want? If Mitt is elected, we still have to deal with those who will do as the rop type countries do, riot, burn, kill because bho lost?

IN any event, it is very nice to know our home can defend us and neighbors against the might happen after the election!
L

letget on November 2, 2012 at 4:06 PM

claudius on November 2, 2012 at 3:27 PM

ShadowsPawn on November 2, 2012 at 4:02 PM

AR with forty 30 round mags, and an HK USP .45 with twelve 10 round mags…I like to keep it simple.

pseudonominus on November 2, 2012 at 4:06 PM

red or blue, everybody has to crap. you rintention with the question is somehow demonstrate that reds are better people than blues, and I really think its a horrible way to be partisan. nathor on November 2, 2012 at 3:47 PM

Socialism is evil. It’s advocates are therefore evil.

It ain’t rocket surgery.

Akzed on November 2, 2012 at 4:06 PM

Cindy Munford on November 2, 2012 at 4:02 PM

the left blogs have been echo chambers since obama won the primaries against clinton.

nathor on November 2, 2012 at 4:08 PM

search4truth on November 2, 2012 at 3:39 PM

Yeah, don’t care for Glocks. Too light to be accurate for me. My favorite (1911) is a little big to be a carry, so a Bersa Thunder is a great alternative. Affordable, reliable, and heavy for a small gun. All steel.

SailorMark on November 2, 2012 at 4:08 PM

Yeah, I’m old. Careful though, I also carry.

cozmo on November 2, 2012 at 3:42 PM

It’s OK. I like pistols with hammers too! And really, age doesn’t play really. I’m currently drooling over a full size 1911, but it’s out of my budget and not a feasible carry piece for me. Glocks, like the infamous caliber debate, seem to generate both love and hate. I think it is a great weapon.

search4truth on November 2, 2012 at 4:09 PM

nathor on November 2, 2012 at 4:08 PM

Glad to see you back, stud. Hope your family is okay.

SailorMark on November 2, 2012 at 4:09 PM

claudius on November 2, 2012 at 3:27 PM

ShadowsPawn on November 2, 2012 at 4:02 PM >

pseudonominus on November 2, 2012 at 4:06 PM

Too bad you all lost all of those nice guns and ammunition in that horrible horrible boating accident. :wink: :wink:

LoganSix on November 2, 2012 at 4:10 PM

nathor on November 2, 2012 at 4:08 PM

But on the bright side, they have new people to hate.

Cindy Munford on November 2, 2012 at 4:11 PM

LoganSix on November 2, 2012 at 4:10 PM

Exactly! Oh, plus I sold a couple at the gun show to support my terrible gambling habit.

SailorMark on November 2, 2012 at 4:12 PM

nathor on November 2, 2012 at 4:04 PM

There’s nothing wrong with expecting help. But sitting around waiting and whining, and crapping in the hallways, not to mention looting?

Does anyone else notice that when liberals don’t get what they want, handed to them when they want it, they become animals?

AubieJon on November 2, 2012 at 4:12 PM

I’m learning my Ruger 10/22. After I get good and comfy on that, it’s on to Mr. Knightley’s hunting rifles and then…the AR-15. With the slide stock.

mrsknightley on November 2, 2012 at 4:12 PM

Bought a shot gun about a six weeks ago.

Buying a generator next.

And don’t think the Iranians, Hamas, AQ et al aren’t paying attention to the infrastructure meltdown in NYC…

Bruno Strozek on November 2, 2012 at 4:13 PM

claudius on November 2, 2012 at 3:27 PM

Good on you. Any and all wise men and women should do the same before it is too late.

I went with the Ruger Mini-14 .223 with a collapsible-stock carbon fiber tactical kit. I have twenty Ruger 30-rd mags for it. No aftermarket mags. (*totally saved a bundle over civilian AR-15 and tactical accessories purchase price — plus reliability issues)

Glock 22 .40 + 6 15-rd mags (standard issue on my department and purchased since i have a ton of accessories for it already when I retire)

Remington 870 Express 18.5″-bbl all parkerized and with carbon fiber pistol-grip tactical kit and parkerized Remington 5-rd extended tube magazine (9-rds in the tube + 1 in the pipe)

Plus I’ve got a bunch of other pistols and rifles that I’ve inherited or bought years previous (including my M14 and M1A — i luv them so) but those I listed are the ones I bought since November 2008 to finally complete my collection and home/self defense that includes my offspring (older teens and an adult) before Barack Hussein Obama and his clown-car cavalcade of sycophants and lickspittles outlaw privately owned firearms.

*i also have two fully automatic tactical weapons with all the trimmings but those are work issue and i retire soon. very soon. yay! …and yay for HR 218!

FlatFoot on November 2, 2012 at 4:14 PM

To be certain, with the “tolerant” left fearing a Romney win, the spin about how the Republicans might “steal” the election is already starting. Given their oh so tolerant nature, stuff like this Michael Moore produced moveon.org piece give me great pause. (This is NSFW and quite frankly detestable!)

Marine_Bio on November 2, 2012 at 4:15 PM

Bought a shot gun about a six weeks ago.

Buying a generator next.

Two essentials.

SailorMark on November 2, 2012 at 4:15 PM

I’ve seen some reports on the new sig ps2025, anybody have any experience with this one?

DanMan on November 2, 2012 at 4:15 PM

AubieJon on November 2, 2012 at 3:52 PM

Yep. That was about it. Thanks!

kim roy on November 2, 2012 at 4:19 PM

But on the bright side, they have new people to hate.

Cindy Munford on November 2, 2012 at 4:11 PM

lol, true! I have a feeling that many repubs will just saturate of hating obama.

nathor on November 2, 2012 at 4:19 PM

DanMan on November 2, 2012 at 4:15 PM

I don’t know about the sig ps2025, but the new Walther PPQ is making me drool.

Might have to upgrade from my old school CZ-82.

Rebar on November 2, 2012 at 4:21 PM

nathor on November 2, 2012 at 4:04 PM

There’s help and there’s help.

Do you need help feeding yourself, keeping yourself clean and finding somewhere to crap? If so, then you might be a liberal.

If you are prepared (like about five days advance warning) and have canned food, some water and a bucket to crap in, then you might be a conservative.

Of course the government needs to fix roads and electricity, etc. That’s what they are there for.

Do you really need this spelled out to you???

kim roy on November 2, 2012 at 4:21 PM

thatsafactjack on November 2, 2012 at 3:55 PM

lol. I think your mother already sang your song. Remember…

HotAirLib on November 2, 2012 at 4:21 PM

Quarter cock is your friend. And my thumb is my safety.

cozmo on November 2, 2012 at 3:46 PM

Cocked and locked for me. Took a while to get comfortable with it, but, now I’m fine. The hammer down thingy is a little difficult for me to one hand on the 1911 without a hammer spur.

a capella on November 2, 2012 at 4:22 PM

Harry Reid has no crdibilty at all, zip zero nada.

pseudonominus on November 2, 2012 at 4:02 PM

Too bad Romney’s loss won’t allow you and I to see whether he really meant what he said.

HotAirLib on November 2, 2012 at 4:24 PM

The price of the handgun I’ve been eyeing is 50% higher than last year! Lower prices, yet again another thing to look forward to with a Romney win?

happytobehere on November 2, 2012 at 4:24 PM

FlatFoot on November 2, 2012 at 4:14 PM

Oh, how do you like it? I have been eyeballing that as well!

search4truth on November 2, 2012 at 4:26 PM

nathor on November 2, 2012 at 4:19 PM

I don’t hate him but he keeps doing and saying things that support his statement of fundamentally changing our country. Our fundamentals are fine, it’s the idiots interpreting them that get a bit dicey.

Cindy Munford on November 2, 2012 at 4:26 PM

The market doesn’t like the labor reports…down 140.

Schadenfreude on November 2, 2012 at 3:49 PM

time to read a little Schadenfreude! my guess is that the market is sensing a Romney win, continued GOP control of the House and the chance that the GOP will control the Senate…the market LOVES gridlock (not a good testimonial to our elected officials but nothing much has changed there in the past 100 years).

teejk on November 2, 2012 at 4:30 PM

pseudonominus on November 2, 2012 at 4:06 PM

I have an HK USP .45 too. Don’t really like it much. Prefer a 1911. Nothing wrong with the HK just like the feel of the 1911 better. Second choice is my Browning High Power.

Oldnuke on November 2, 2012 at 4:32 PM

joekenha on November 2, 2012 at 3:37 PM

No, stuff like that shouldn’t be mailed out nor made easily accessible to on the internet.

If you really need to know someone’s public/private information, walk your behind down to the courthouse, get a number, and fill out the paperwork, along with a fee, when it’s your turn. Then whomever’s info you’re looking up should be notified who you are and why you were accessing it.

This transparency for the Masses is BS. With the Gov you’ll get lines of redaction-if anything.

Dr. ZhivBlago on November 2, 2012 at 4:32 PM

Cindy Munford on November 2, 2012 at 4:26 PM

I have some comment, but after the election. Its senceless to discuss the pros and cons of obama in HA 4 days out to election.

nathor on November 2, 2012 at 4:35 PM

I’ve got an AK-47 and plenty of mags and ammo, a Springfield XD.45, and a Kimber 1911 Ultra SS 3-inch.

And, I also have my sidekick Borzoi puppy who can run down rabbits for me during the Apocolyse.

I really should fork out for the AR-15 though and a durable short-range scope too.

I agree though that if there is rioting after O loses, it will be in the deep urban areas and not as likely in the suburbs.

I don’t think it will be as bad as some people predict.

KirknBurker on November 2, 2012 at 4:36 PM

the AR-15. With the slide stock.

mrsknightley on November 2, 2012 at 4:12 PM

The correct nomenclature is “telestock” :)

pseudonominus on November 2, 2012 at 4:37 PM

There’s help and there’s help.

Do you really need this spelled out to you???

kim roy on November 2, 2012 at 4:21 PM

so, red prepare contingencies and blues not? is that it?

nathor on November 2, 2012 at 4:37 PM

nathor on November 2, 2012 at 4:35 PM

Especially with me, there are no pros as far as I’m concerned. He’s shown me what he’s got, I’m not interested.

Cindy Munford on November 2, 2012 at 4:38 PM

nathor on November 2, 2012 at 3:47 PM

Yep it really is seeing as how those nice “blue” people were so helpful with their bats at polling places, bludgeoning us with Ocare, and lying about F&F, Solybdra, and that Ben Ghazi guy.

arnold ziffel on November 2, 2012 at 4:40 PM