Romney to campaign in Pennsylvania on Sunday

posted at 7:21 pm on November 1, 2012 by Allahpundit

Lefties are snarking on Twitter that McCain did some late campaigning in Pennsylvania too and it worked out smashingly for him. Right, but McCain was down nearly seven points nationally at the time. There was little opportunity cost to playing a longshot instead of spending a few extra hours in a swing state because there weren’t enough true swing states left to get him to 270. Romney’s in a hugely different situation. His final schedule as of this morning:

Per the RCP state averages, he’s within two points in Iowa, New Hampshire, and Colorado, and he leads slightly in Virginia. If he’s passing on an extra trip to one of those states to spend time in Pennsylvania, it has to be because he thinks he has some small but real chance to win, not just because a la McCain he’s hoping to give Republicans a shot of enthusiasm by making a cameo on Obama turf.

Mitt Romney plans to campaign in Pennsylvania this weekend, the clearest indicator yet that the Republican nominee believes he can snatch the state and its 20 electoral votes from President Obama.

Two campaign officials confirmed that Romney would stop in Pennsylvania on Sunday amid a cross-country tour of battleground states. His running mate, Rep. Paul Ryan (Wis.), has scheduled a campaign stop in Harrisburg, Pa., on Saturday…

“Our campaign’s decision to travel to and campaign in Pennsylvania is just the latest example of how the race is breaking toward Governor Romney and allowing our campaign to be on offense. President Obama is playing defense in states once considered safely in his column,” said a Romney campaign adviser, who requested anonymity because the candidate’s travel plans have not been announced.

The GOP leads by nearly 20 percent in absentee ballots returned in Pennsylvania, a huge increase over 2008 and probably one of things that’s lured them in there. I’m surprised to see no visits to Nevada or Minnesota planned, though. (Maybe they’ll be added on Sunday.) Nevada’s always been favored to go blue, but it’s a crucial state potentially: If Romney takes Florida, Virginia, and Colorado, then he could lose both Ohio and Wisconsin and still win the presidency by winning Iowa, New Hampshire, and Nevada. Iowa is very much in play and the fact that Romney’s making two trips to New Hampshire this weekend tells you all you need to know about that. Nevada is trickier, but Jon Ralston thinks Romney still has a shot:

Hopefully there’s time to squeeze in a visit as part of the Plan C path to 270. As for Minnesota, National Journal’s Josh Kraushaar made a solid case earlier today that if any midwestern state should be fertile ground for a Romney upset, it’s this one:

Minnesota’s worth 10 electoral votes, the same as Wisconsin, so you could swap it right into Romney’s Plan B as potentially decisive in combination with wins in Iowa or New Hampshire.

As for Ohio, an internal Citizens United poll has Romney up three even as independent polls of the state show a two- to three-point Obama lead. Any chance that those independent polls in key battleground stats are wrong? Actually, yes, says HuffPo analyst Mark Blumenthal: Given the closeness of the race, there’s roughly a one in three chance that Ohio or Wisconsin or some other potentially decisive state will surprise, which may be all that Romney needs to hit 270. The great X factor, as usual, is turnout. If you think this is a typical D+3 election, then The One’s in good shape. If, like Gallup and Rasmussen, you think this is more like 2004, with a huge Republican surge eliminating the traditional Democratic advantage, then Romney’s the next president. For what it’s worth, Ramesh Ponnuru reports that the GOP insiders he’s spoken to lately — many of them unaffiliated with Romney’s campaign — really do seem to believe he’s going to pull this out. It’s not a pep talk for the base to goose enthusiasm. They just like what they’re seeing in the numbers, presumably/especially the numbers for independents.

Oh, almost forgot: The new ABC/WaPo tracker has the race within seven-hundredths of one percent. Second look at hanging chads?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

RINO charge

faraway on November 1, 2012 at 7:23 PM

Go for it.

Paul-Cincy on November 1, 2012 at 7:24 PM

I’ll be there.

forest on November 1, 2012 at 7:24 PM

Maybe I’ll get to see him in person this time.

PatriotGal2257 on November 1, 2012 at 7:25 PM

Gumwad: Clearly this means Romney is desperate.

roopster217 on November 1, 2012 at 7:26 PM

Mark Murray @mmurraypolitics Romney’s final sked: THU — VA; FRI — WI, OH; SAT — IA, NH, CO; SUN: –TDB; MON –NH

Sunday = TDB???? What is TDB????

Wait… That must be the initials for the 57th state in America.

Varchild on November 1, 2012 at 7:27 PM

I said this in the DWS thread, but if Obama loses PA this will be the meme…

Romney heads to PA

Public polls continue to show President Obama sporting a modest but steady lead, but Republicans are boasting of internal numbers that show the race deadlocked. Obama’s campaign has ramped up its own ad buys in the state in recent days in response to the Republican offensive, but Democrats are set to be massively outspent on TV in the closing days.

MobileVideoEngineer on November 1, 2012 at 7:27 PM

So, there going after the Philly Suburbs. Well, I hope it’s worth giving up time in Ohio or how it’s better known, Democrat Voter Fraud Central! I guess you can’t blame them for trying, but as I’ve said repeatedly, this smells like a time & money trap that historically, doesn’t pan out. I hope I’m wrong, but it’s hard to bet against that kind of history.
Addendum on the fight against Obama’s Jihadi media: http://paratisiusa.blogspot.com/2012/09/an-open-letter-to-those-who-should-know.html?spref=tw

God Bless America!

paratisi on November 1, 2012 at 7:27 PM

obama is winning!! He’s going to WI for 3 days!? …wait ..what?

WhatsRight on November 1, 2012 at 7:28 PM

I wonder if Chris Christie will be there. That might make it into a national story/event covered by Fox News.

amazingmets on November 1, 2012 at 7:28 PM

Does Romney work on Sunday?

faraway on November 1, 2012 at 7:28 PM

No middle ground when you decide to spend the final Sunday in PA. Either you have a more than legit shot at winning it, and you are ahead in OH, or OH is gone and it’s just a buck-up-the-troops desperation play.

IMO, I would spend more time in OH if it was in play.

gumbyandpokey on November 1, 2012 at 7:29 PM

the excitement builds…

cheetah2 on November 1, 2012 at 7:29 PM

I’m going to see Ryan in Harrisburg on Saturday and Romney in Philly on Sunday. Great way to end campaign season.

steebo77 on November 1, 2012 at 7:29 PM

OT – Listening to Hugh Hewitt who’s saying that Romney will take OH.

22044 on November 1, 2012 at 7:30 PM

SIGH – no MN on his list.

Oh well

gophergirl on November 1, 2012 at 7:30 PM

No Ohio on Romney’s schedule yet. Obama will be there a lot in the final days from what I’ve read.

Mark1971 on November 1, 2012 at 7:31 PM

steebo77 on November 1, 2012 at 7:29 PM

Lucky duck

gophergirl on November 1, 2012 at 7:31 PM

Prediction…

… The crowds will be huge!

Seven Percent Solution on November 1, 2012 at 7:31 PM

Sunday = TDB???? What is TDB????

Wait… That must be the initials for the 57th state in America.

Varchild on November 1, 2012 at 7:27 PM

Sunday : Totally Destroy Barry.

bayview on November 1, 2012 at 7:31 PM

I hope ads like these great ones aimed at women are run in states like Pennsylvania:

Mr. Dependable:

Feeling Guilty:

Boyfriend:

You all have to check these out, if you haven’t already.

bluegill on November 1, 2012 at 7:31 PM

Ryan in Harrisburg on Saturday.

I’ll take a wild guess that Romney will appear in Bucks County on Sunday.

forest on November 1, 2012 at 7:31 PM

Mark1971 on November 1, 2012 at 7:31 PM

He’s going there Friday.

gophergirl on November 1, 2012 at 7:32 PM

gophergirl on November 1, 2012 at 7:30 PM

gg, you’re in charge of MN, so git’r done.

TXUS on November 1, 2012 at 7:33 PM

Romney will be vacationing in Michigan, shooting varmints

faraway on November 1, 2012 at 7:33 PM

gg, you’re in charge of MN, so git’r done.

TXUS on November 1, 2012 at 7:33 PM

I think I “converted” someone today. That makes 5 so far :)

gophergirl on November 1, 2012 at 7:33 PM

OT – Listening to Hugh Hewitt who’s saying that Romney will take OH.

22044 on November 1, 2012 at 7:30 PM

He said the same thing in 08 ON ELECTION DAY as McCain was getting destroyed. Trust him at your own peril.

gumbyandpokey on November 1, 2012 at 7:33 PM

SIGH – no MN on his list.

Oh well

gophergirl on November 1, 2012 at 7:30 PM

Don’t take it personally, while MN would be nice for sure, if MN is as close it seems, PA is a much surer bet.

MobileVideoEngineer on November 1, 2012 at 7:33 PM

steebo77 on November 1, 2012 at 7:29 PM

You know a time on Sat for the HIA thing?

I’m assuming Romney will make a quick jaunt up to Bucks Co from the airport on Sunday. Know any details on that one?

forest on November 1, 2012 at 7:34 PM

Actually AP I have to disagree with you a little bit. If this is a typical +3 Dem turnout then Obama loses. He needs something north of +5 to win. Romney has a solid 7-10% advantage with Indies. If you look at the polls, Obama is down in any poll where the turnout is below +5 Dem.

Ta111 on November 1, 2012 at 7:34 PM

MobileVideoEngineer on November 1, 2012 at 7:33 PM

Oh I’m not – I would have loved to have gone to a rally though.

gophergirl on November 1, 2012 at 7:35 PM

HUGE MISTAKE!!!!!

Romney = MONDAY -> NH??????

I think he should go to Michigan on Monday.
We have 4 times as many electoral votes.

Varchild on November 1, 2012 at 7:36 PM

gophergirl on November 1, 2012 at 7:33 PM

That’s what I’m talkin’ about! Now go out and get 5 more, one for each day left. You can do it, and that might just be the margin of victory. ;-)

TXUS on November 1, 2012 at 7:38 PM

Obama 2012 bumper stickers are collectors items. Very rare.

faraway on November 1, 2012 at 7:38 PM

Our caravan of 40 will be heading back into Nevada this weekend for the final GOTV push.

JPeterman on November 1, 2012 at 7:38 PM

Romney helped getting can food contributions for the Red Cross..

For that..

I am not voting for Mitt…

Electrongod on November 1, 2012 at 7:38 PM

I think I “converted” someone today. That makes 5 so far :)

gophergirl on November 1, 2012 at 7:33 PM

I think I may have one as well (In MN). I’ll keep working on him (coworker) over the next couple days.

Othniel on November 1, 2012 at 7:38 PM

I can’t believe I’m going to say this, but I think Romney might have won if not for the Hurricane/Chris Christie factor.

But the low info “average voter” is just eating up the MSM fawning over Obama walking on the beach and being praised by an outspoken member of the other party. Now he’s campaigning with that bomber jacket on and looking 100% more confident than before the Frankenstorm rolled in.

gumbyandpokey on November 1, 2012 at 7:38 PM

The comparison to McCain is silly. Mitt’s got money to burn, he’s spent a ton of time in OH, so why not schedule a late stop in PA? Doesn’t hurt anywhere else, and may help drag PA to our side. That state’s been too much of a tease for me to believe it’ll happen, but who knows…someone in OH remarked on Twitter that they received a call from the Obama camp requesting that they volunteer in PA this weekend.

changer1701 on November 1, 2012 at 7:39 PM

In theory every state with a Democrat governor is at stake because of the poor economy alone. It’s the states where Republicans are in power at the state level where people haven’t been feeling the crunch.

What’s unemployment in Minnesota? 5.8%? Aren’t they ranked pretty well over-all?

I’m not saying that there’s no way in hell that you couldn’t turn them red, getting word about how badly President Obama messed up on Libya would help surely.

DeathtotheSwiss on November 1, 2012 at 7:39 PM

Gumby smd.

CW on November 1, 2012 at 7:39 PM

Team 0 has looked nervous and desperate since the morning after the first debate and it started to sink in. That has not changed. Team RR has looked energetic and positive. That has not changed. And whose turf are they campaigning on? NC? FL? Even VA, not so much.

KCB on November 1, 2012 at 7:40 PM

You know a time on Sat for the HIA thing?

forest on November 1, 2012 at 7:34 PM

Doors open at 11:00, event starts at 1:00.

You can RSVP here: http://pdrmiddletown.eventbrite.com/#

steebo77 on November 1, 2012 at 7:40 PM

Gumby because ya know this is the same thing ya know. Exactly….you’re one dumb fool.

CW on November 1, 2012 at 7:40 PM

paratisi on November 1, 2012 at 7:27 PM

Yes yes we know. Keep spamming your blog.

wargamer6 on November 1, 2012 at 7:40 PM

Othniel on November 1, 2012 at 7:38 PM

He told me that he didn’t see the difference between the two. I explained the great difference. He was stunned.

I wear a GOP elephant necklace. Got to tell ya – great discussion starter.

gophergirl on November 1, 2012 at 7:40 PM

gumbyandpokey on November 1, 2012 at 7:38 PM

Yea, when people contrast Obama in his fake bomber jacket with people eating out of dumpsters, and freezing in their homes … not so much.

faraway on November 1, 2012 at 7:40 PM

IMO, I would spend more time in OH if it was in play.

gumbyandpokey on November 1, 2012 at 7:29 PM

…um..so…um…what’s your opinion?

KOOLAID2 on November 1, 2012 at 7:40 PM

gumbyandpokey on November 1, 2012 at 7:38 PM

lol

wargamer6 on November 1, 2012 at 7:41 PM

Sunday = TDB???? What is TDB????

Wait… That must be the initials for the 57th state in America.

Varchild on November 1, 2012 at 7:27 PM

Sunday : Totally Destroy Barry.

bayview on November 1, 2012 at 7:31 PM

It’s Yoda-speak.

“To Determined Be.”

predator on November 1, 2012 at 7:41 PM

I spent four days in Reno last month (200 miles from home) and missed seeing my Giants clinch the World Series. On Tuesday night when Romney goes over 270, it will be all worth. Nevada turning red will be icing on the cake.

Make sure all of your like-minded friends and relatives vote. We will win this thing.

aunursa on November 1, 2012 at 7:41 PM

Well, she knows how many votes they manufactured and are stacked up waiting to be theown in and counted :)

jimver on November 1, 2012 at 7:42 PM

gumbyandpokey on November 1, 2012 at 7:38 PM

To bad he wasn’t wearing that bomber jacket on 9/11 – 2012..

Electrongod on November 1, 2012 at 7:42 PM

Gumby, your head’s hurting again! Better see a doctor!

22044 on November 1, 2012 at 7:42 PM

HUGE MISTAKE!!!!!

Romney = MONDAY -> NH??????

I think he should go to Michigan on Monday.
We have 4 times as many electoral votes.

Varchild on November 1, 2012 at 7:36 PM

He’ll be going back to Boston for election day so final stop next door makes sense.

Mark1971 on November 1, 2012 at 7:42 PM

gumbyandpokey on November 1, 2012 at 7:38 PM

Pukey Gumbo’s got nothing left but the desperate refrain “Obama’s gonna win because people died!”

steebo77 on November 1, 2012 at 7:42 PM

Thrown that is…

jimver on November 1, 2012 at 7:43 PM

Romney helped getting can food contributions for the Red Cross..

For that..

I am not voting for Mitt…

Electrongod on November 1, 2012 at 7:38 PM

I swear Mitt should figure out a way to get a caravan of food and supplies into the city.

It would be a clean sweep come Tuesday.

gophergirl on November 1, 2012 at 7:43 PM

Oh I’m not – I would have loved to have gone to a rally though.

gophergirl on November 1, 2012 at 7:35 PM

I was able to go to two this season, one with Ryan only and one with both of them (the latter was their first after that first debate). I was impressed with how they were set up…both were outdoors, so that gave them a lot of leeway for some elaborate staging. Pretty cool.

changer1701 on November 1, 2012 at 7:43 PM

aunursa on November 1, 2012 at 7:41 PM

Thanks to you and JPeterman for all the hard work.

gophergirl on November 1, 2012 at 7:44 PM

gumbyandpokey on November 1, 2012 at 7:38 PM

gumpy keeps his correct prediction streak at 0.0000%

Animal60 on November 1, 2012 at 7:44 PM

Trust him at your own peril.
gumbyandpokey on November 1, 2012 at 7:33 PM

Interesting that you, of all people, would talk about credibility and who deserves trust. You gleefully declared that Scott Walker would lose the recall election. He won. You declared that there would be a bounce after the big bird ads. The ads backfired, and there was no bounce for Obama then. You predicted bounces for Obama after the vice presidential debate, the second presidential debate, and the final presidential debate. Romney maintained and even grew his lead after each of those. You predicted that there would be a huge bounce for Obama after last month’s jobs report. Instead, Romney’s surge continued after that, despite your predictions.

Gumby, you have the reverse midas touch and you repeatedly jinx your guy, Obama, with your desperate predictions.

Sadly for you, the end is near for Obama. Democrat voter enthusiasm is in the gutter, Obama’s favorability rating has plummeted, and independents have been fleeing Obama in droves. It is not hard to see why the Obama campaign is in a state of panic.

bluegill on November 1, 2012 at 7:44 PM

gophergirl on November 1, 2012 at 7:43 PM

Media would attack him for “causing global warming” with the convoy.

wargamer6 on November 1, 2012 at 7:45 PM

It would be a clean sweep come Tuesday.

gophergirl on November 1, 2012 at 7:43 PM

Yep..

And gasoline..

Electrongod on November 1, 2012 at 7:45 PM

changer1701 on November 1, 2012 at 7:43 PM

I would love to go to one.

I have to admit I was a bit disappointed having the convention here. I thought it would have been more fun. I guess with McCain as your nominee – how much fun can you really have?

gophergirl on November 1, 2012 at 7:45 PM

Yep..

And gasoline..

Electrongod on November 1, 2012 at 7:45 PM

And porta potties

gophergirl on November 1, 2012 at 7:45 PM

Oups, wrong thread :) …thought I was on the debbie blabbermouth one :)

jimver on November 1, 2012 at 7:46 PM

It would be a clean sweep come Tuesday.

gophergirl on November 1, 2012 at 7:43 PM

haha, maybe an airlift into Hoboken

faraway on November 1, 2012 at 7:48 PM

First, I must share this:

Jake Tapper‏@jaketapper RT @MarkLandler: Obama crowd counts today: 2,600 in Green Bay; 4,500 in Las Vegas. Not impressive for the last week of a campaign.

Second, I’ve noticed that the MSM is not talking about Romney’s huge 14% lead among white Catholics — that is what is putting places like PA & WI in serious play (unlike McCain’s 2008 Hail Mary in PA).

Obama’s Unprecedented Collapse Among Catholic Voters Put Midwest in Play

Yesterday, the Romney campaign told reporters that it expected to win at least some of the “blue states” in which it is now competing with Obama in the Midwest, including Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, and Minnesota. The campaign did not give a specific reason for its optimism, but one thing these states have in common is a high proportion of Catholic voters. And Catholic voters have shifted dramatically towards Mitt Romney.

In September, the left and the media were exultant when the Pew poll seemed to show a surge for Obama among Catholic voters. He led by fifteen points, 54-39.

Today, that bubble has burst completely, and Obama is back down to a two-point lead, 48-46. (Few headlines this time from the mainstream media.)

Among white Catholics, Romney has jumped to a 14-point lead (54-40) after being tied with Obama in September in the poll.

To understand just how significant that is, consider that in 2008, Obama won Catholics by 9 percent (54 to 45) and lost white Catholics by just 5 percent (47 to 52). In 2004, the Catholic vote went narrowly to Bush overall (more widely among white Catholics), and in 2000 it went narrowly to Gore (and narrowly to Bush among white Catholics).

The 14-point lead Romney currently enjoys among white Catholics is almost without precedent.

Dark Star on November 1, 2012 at 7:48 PM

bluegill on November 1, 2012 at 7:44 PM

Reversed midas touch, I like that :)…

jimver on November 1, 2012 at 7:48 PM

what’s your opinion?

KOOLAID2 on November 1, 2012 at 7:40 PM

Spend all day and all night Monday in Ohio. Hold rallies all night long and leave no stone unturned in that state. Going to NH is a waste of time, as is the PA trip.

Depending on how the early voting shakes out the next two days, Romney might have gone into NV, which looks unlikely but more likely than WI.

gumbyandpokey on November 1, 2012 at 7:49 PM

These Pennsylvanians have moved passed clinging to guns, xenophobia, and religion and have fully embraced the idea that the government can provide all of those comforts and more if you just let them take what you deserve from some nameless, faceless rich people who probably look like Mitt Romney to provide it for you.

Once you go Democrat, you don’t go back. In other words, Mitt will be wasting his time on Sunday when he should be in Ohio shaking hands with babies or on TV flip flopping like a White Castle burger or selling some companies to China.

Meanwhile, Obama will be cleaning up Bush’s global warming mess on the east coast and enchanting the nation with talk show appearances until his coronation next week.

akaniku on November 1, 2012 at 7:49 PM

gumbyandpokey on November 1, 2012 at 7:38 PM

Yeah, because a photo op 5 days out undoes the past four years of nonsense. Plus, he’s in states that where Romney doesn’t stand a chance. If you really think that Obama walking on the beach with a snazzy jacket turns OH then either you’re nuts or the country is truly doomed.

volnation on November 1, 2012 at 7:49 PM

HUGE MISTAKE!!!!!

Romney = MONDAY -> NH??????

I think he should go to Michigan on Monday.
We have 4 times as many electoral votes.

Varchild on November 1, 2012 at 7:36 PM

it began in nh for mitt and it will end there in victory.

gracie on November 1, 2012 at 7:49 PM

Honestly, if Sandy actually turns votes toward Obama, then this country is far, far gone and never coming back.

SAZMD on November 1, 2012 at 7:49 PM

NEW YORK (AP) — Frustration — and in some cases fear — mounted in New York City on Thursday, three days after Superstorm Sandy. Traffic backed up for miles at bridges, large crowds waited impatiently for buses into Manhattan, and tempers flared in gas lines.

Gumby says it’s a win!!!!

What a fool

CW on November 1, 2012 at 7:49 PM

gumbyandpokey on November 1, 2012 at 7:38 PM

He can play himself in Made for Television Movie The Obamas’s: Camelot II

portlandon on November 1, 2012 at 7:50 PM

Romney could drop off some dumpsters full of food in NYC. :)

faraway on November 1, 2012 at 7:50 PM

At times, that frustration flared into anger, particularly at the New Jersey State Police and at the National Guard, who have had to act as both bouncers and grief counselors to people in town.

“Some of these folks are real stressed,” said Trooper Ed Ditzel, who was manning the barricade at East Second Street. “But you just have to understand their pain and talk them through it.”

Gumby says : Success!!!!!

CW on November 1, 2012 at 7:50 PM

akaniku on November 1, 2012 at 7:49 PM

You are quite good at this. You make me laugh.

gophergirl on November 1, 2012 at 7:50 PM

If you don’t think Obama is getting a hurricane/christie bump, just look at his surge in Independent support in the ABC/Wash Post tracking. He’s peaking at the exact right time with those low info voters who make their decisions based on odd things.

gumbyandpokey on November 1, 2012 at 7:51 PM

Meanwhile, Obama will be cleaning up Bush’s global warming mess

akaniku on November 1, 2012 at 7:49 PM

You’re delusional. Is this troll for real?

portlandon on November 1, 2012 at 7:51 PM

aunursa on November 1, 2012 at 7:41 PM

We drove over 900 miles round trip from Utah, 2 weekends in a row. We are heading back again tomorrow night.

I’m amazed at the organization Romney has put together in the Vegas area.

JPeterman on November 1, 2012 at 7:51 PM

CW on November 1, 2012 at 7:49 PM

NYC could end up like it did in “Escape from NY” and gumby would say that’s an Obama win.

wargamer6 on November 1, 2012 at 7:51 PM

steebo77 on November 1, 2012 at 7:40 PM

Thanks. All signed up to go with the kid.

forest on November 1, 2012 at 7:51 PM

Romney could drop off some dumpsters full of food in NYC. :)

faraway on November 1, 2012 at 7:50 PM

He’s already got the food collected.

Get Trump on the phone and figure this out!

gophergirl on November 1, 2012 at 7:51 PM

Oups, wrong thread :) …thought I was on the debbie blabbermouth one :)

jimver on November 1, 2012 at 7:46 PM

…it’s ok!…they’re all troll threads now!

KOOLAID2 on November 1, 2012 at 7:51 PM

portlandon on November 1, 2012 at 7:51 PM

IDK. I think he’s spoofing the trolls.

wargamer6 on November 1, 2012 at 7:52 PM

SAZMD on November 1, 2012 at 7:49 PM

fogetaboutit…..it’s east coast…blue…and peeps blame the guy in power for not doing enough no matter what.

gracie on November 1, 2012 at 7:52 PM

You’re delusional. Is this troll for real?

portlandon on November 1, 2012 at 7:51 PM

I’m 99% sure it’s a troll parody poster.

gophergirl on November 1, 2012 at 7:52 PM

I would love to go to one.

gophergirl on November 1, 2012 at 7:45 PM

I’d love to go to a convention sometime, though not when it’s a candidate like McCain ;) I bet being there during Palin’s speech was fun…on TV, anyway, looked like the crowd was buzzing.

changer1701 on November 1, 2012 at 7:53 PM

gumbyandpokey on November 1, 2012 at 7:38 PM

Piss off you little POS. Let’s talk about how much of a “Godsend” this hurricane was for Obama on Sunday when people are damn tired of waiting for all that help Obama PROMISED them. When they’re tired of waiting for electricity and gas. Just showing up in your bomber jacket and promising to cut through red tape doesn’t mean anything to people who aren’t seeing results. Ed or Allah should have banned your nasty butt weeks ago.

BettyRuth on November 1, 2012 at 7:53 PM

gumbyandpokey on November 1, 2012 at 7:51 PM

Are you jealous?

Electrongod on November 1, 2012 at 7:53 PM

Yep..

And gasoline..

Electrongod on November 1, 2012 at 7:45 PM
And porta potties

gophergirl on November 1, 2012 at 7:45 PM

And a portable generator truck with dozens of outlets so people can charge up phones and computers. A local TV station in Philly is going around Bucks and Montco doing this.

Wethal on November 1, 2012 at 7:54 PM

Meanwhile, Obama will be cleaning up Bush’s global warming mess

akaniku on November 1, 2012 at 7:49 PM

You’re delusional. Is this troll for real?

portlandon on November 1, 2012 at 7:51 PM

He’s so out there that for a while everybody thought that he was bishin :)… Turned out he is for real :)..

jimver on November 1, 2012 at 7:54 PM

Minnesota should want to go for Romney in an attempt to erase some of its’ reputation for idiocy in electing Al Frankin.

bluesdoc70 on November 1, 2012 at 7:54 PM

And don’t forget that the jobs numbers will come out tomorrow with totals greater than 100,000 and the Unemployment rate will stay below 8%, which gives him another victory to be spun in the MSM.

There’s nothing good that can happen for Romney in the last few days. I feel sorry for him.

gumbyandpokey on November 1, 2012 at 7:54 PM

Electrongod on November 1, 2012 at 7:53 PM

Just ignore gumballs. He’s always wrong.

wargamer6 on November 1, 2012 at 7:55 PM

Varchild: Mark71 is correct. Romney event Monday night in NH is to close out the campaign b4 heading to Boston for election day. There will be plenty of other events on Sunday and Monday in larger swing states.

As to Philly on Sunday, all that I and other Romney supporters hoped for a year was that Mitt would be in PA on the final Sunday b4 election day. He has done this, yet another Romney success.

And there is still time for Mitt and Paul to each make one airport foray into Michigan and Minnesota, respectively. This guarantees local TV coverage and saves a lot of time.

matthew8787 on November 1, 2012 at 7:55 PM

gumbyandpokey on November 1, 2012 at 7:51 PM

Let’s leave the 47% out of this. Bless their heart.

faraway on November 1, 2012 at 7:55 PM