Report: Obama never convened counterterrorism task force during Benghazi attack

posted at 8:54 pm on November 1, 2012 by Allahpundit

This piece is as noteworthy for its sourcing as it is for its substance. The dam’s starting to break.

“The [Counterterrorism Security Group] is the one group that’s supposed to know what resources every agency has. They know of multiple options and have the ability to coordinate counterterrorism assets across all the agencies,” a high-ranking government official told CBS News. “They were not allowed to do their job. They were not called upon.”…

Counterterrorism sources and internal emails reviewed by CBS News express frustration that key responders were ready to deploy, but were not called upon to help in the attack

Another senior counter terrorism official says a hostage rescue team was alternately asked to get ready and then stand down throughout the night, as officials seemed unable to make up their minds.

A third potential responder from a counter-terror force stationed in Europe says components of AFICOM — the military’s Africa Command based in Stuttgart, Germany — were working on course of action during the assault. But no plan was put to use…

“The response process was isolated at the most senior level,” says an official referring to top officials in the executive branch. “My fellow counterterrorism professionals and I (were) not consulted.”

Inexplicably, they also didn’t call on their rapid-reaction counterterrorism coordination squad, the Foreign Emergency Support Team, even though the consulate attack was, um, (a) foreign and (b) an emergency that (c) required support. So confused was the administration response, in fact, that CBS claims the FBI got a call from someone in Hillary’s office during the attack asking that agents be sent in, even though the compound hadn’t been secured yet and nothing by way of coordination with Defense and State had been arranged. And before you ask: No, I don’t know either why State would have thought to call the FBI while CSG and FEST were standing by waiting to be consulted. Logically, you’d ask for the FBI only after the attack was over, to go in and find out what happened. In a situation where the ambassador’s under fire and out of contact, your top priority should be rescue. Why wasn’t it? They couldn’t have known for sure until much later in the attack what had happened to Stevens and the other Americans at the consulate. Why weren’t troops deployed to retake the compound, search for survivors, and clear the way for FEST? Doherty and Woods, at least, might have been saved.

Read the rest of the CBS piece to find out how counterterror officials knew the attack was terrorism from the beginning, not some “spontaneous” assault put together by amateurs in a rage. Amateurs typically don’t know how to dial in with mortars and hit a target on the roof of a nearby building. Then go read David Ignatius on the new timeline that the AP released tonight of the attack and its aftermath. Says Ignatius, “While there were multiple errors that led to the final tragedy, there’s no evidence that the White House or CIA leadership deliberately delayed or impeded rescue efforts.” I have no idea how he knows that based on the limited details given; the CBS piece quoted above explicitly says that a hostage rescue team was asked to get ready and then stand down. And we already knew that the CIA deployed a small team to try to take back the compound; Doherty and Woods were part of it. The question raised by last week’s Fox News bombshell is whether the CIA team on the scene had requested military support during the second wave of the attack and whether it was denied. Here’s all Ignatius has to say about that:

●5:15 a.m.: A new Libyan assault begins, this time with mortars. Two rounds miss and the next three hit the roof. The rooftop defenders never “laser the mortars,” as has been reported. They don’t know the weapons are in place until the indirect fire begins, nor are they observed by the drone overhead. The defenders have focused their laser sights earlier on several Libyan attackers, as warnings not to fire. At 5:26 the attack is over. Woods and Doherty are dead and two others are wounded.

Okay, got it — no lasering of the mortars. What about the request for a Spectre gunship? What about the Special Ops teams in Italy who were on stand by all night but were never told to go? Why did the CIA bother sending in a team as small as Doherty’s and Woods’s against 150 jihadis if the White House wasn’t prepared to send reinforcements to support them? Might have been nice to have input from the Counterterrorism Security Group through all of this, huh?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 5

TexasEngineer on November 1, 2012 at 9:56 PM

I’m not an engineer/optics/electronics guy, but, I believe there is a way to use the components of a cellphone/camera to capture the laser beam and make it visible to the naked eye. I believe the jihadis already use this type of jury rigged technology in Afghanistan. I read an article on this the other day.

a capella on November 1, 2012 at 10:41 PM

canopfor on November 1, 2012 at 9:35 PM

I already had them composed in a file. I’ve been mocking and shaming them every chance I get.

Flora Duh on November 1, 2012 at 9:48 PM

You two cannot be replaced. We need you. Keep on hammering.

SparkPlug on November 1, 2012 at 10:05 PM

…ditto that…plus there are a lot of other people here who cannot be replaced!

KOOLAID2 on November 1, 2012 at 10:42 PM

Barack “The Ego” Obama likes to remind anyone who’s still listening to him that HE got Osama bin Laden.

But, if we recall that operation, he was no more decisive then than in the case of Benghazi. He went to bed in both cases, to sleep on it. The difference in bin Laden’s case was that Osama was also probably going to bed. The President’s dithering didn’t, in the end, cost him the mission.

In this case, it might well have cost brave Americans their lives.

IndieDogg on November 1, 2012 at 10:42 PM

And pay attention to /s tags.

Hoss…

riddick on November 1, 2012 at 10:34 PM

Apparently two of us missed the S/ tag.

Point taken.

Ham is being hung out to dry.

Tenwheeler on November 1, 2012 at 10:42 PM

REMEMBER,the NWT hailed GaffeBiden as the CREDIBILITY to the Obama
TICKET,back in 2008 on easing Democrat Minds on Foreign Policy.

ThereFore:

Under NO CIRCUMSTANCES,can a TERROR ATTACK be called under
the Liberal Administration,in any form!

Thats why,back in 2008,Muslim Jihady words got a new freindly
treatment,and attacks,were related to on the job disgruntlement
like Fort Hood,and RACISM crept in as well!!!

Sayin,that a TERROR ACT,on an Obama WATCH,

is the KISS OF POLITICAL DEATH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

canopfor on November 1, 2012 at 10:43 PM

a capella on November 1, 2012 at 10:41 PM

(OO) ?

Tenwheeler on November 1, 2012 at 10:44 PM

I’m going to bed, so night all! Here’s hoping that daybreak will bring dayLIGHT on this story! I really do have hope for that. I am bankin’ A BUCKET on my prayers that HE will see our plight and do what is in HIS will (one way or t’other): to either right the country HE ordained (yes, Dems, I DO believe that!),or determine it a failed experiment and bury it. Sorry if that sounds too preachy, but I feel like it’s in His hands now…that is all! Hugs all ’round!

Chewy the Lab on November 1, 2012 at 10:44 PM

Let’s not forget the threat Glenn Beck issued today. Powerful stuff.

John the Libertarian on November 1, 2012 at 10:32 PM

What is that? I haven’t heard.

Cindy Munford on November 1, 2012 at 10:45 PM

Night, C-Dog.

Tenwheeler on November 1, 2012 at 10:45 PM

You mean same Brett whose report says that Stevens died of smoke asphyxiation? That Brett? Whose claim contradicts the video shown on so many levels? That Brett?

riddick on November 1, 2012 at 10:38 PM

Have you seen the report? Greg Palkot was there – doing the report inside the consulate – the TV camera showed the damn room – with the bars on the friggin’ door and the window that was broken out to use as an escape route.

Flora Duh on November 1, 2012 at 10:45 PM

Crap,thats NYT,not(NWT),ugh!

canopfor on November 1, 2012 at 10:46 PM

Brett Baier’s special showed the safe room. There was someone in that safe room with Stevens and Sean Smith. When the smoke got so bad inside the room he broke the window out of the room, managed to remove the bars on the window and got outside to safety.

Flora Duh on November 1, 2012 at 10:35 PM

“Safe room”. Apparently this is some usage of the word “safe” with which I am unfamiliar. This particular safe room tries to asphyxiate you with smoke, and then the bars can be broken out by a barehanded man with no tools to help him. Shoulda just hid under the bed, maybe.

bofh on November 1, 2012 at 10:47 PM

The folks on Twitter seem to be questioning Mr. Tapper about whether he has been all he could be as a journalist.

Cindy Munford on November 1, 2012 at 10:47 PM

Four good men died to maintain an illusion.

CPT. Charles on November 1, 2012 at 9:09 PM

CPT.Charles:Exactly Nailed,yes,

And,Lara Logan,hates to be lied to,and after
being RAPED in Tahrir Sqaure…..crickets from
Team Dopey/Ragey:)
======================================

Thursday, October 11, 2012
VIDEO Lara Logan’s #savage jihad Speech: We are being lied to
*************************************************************

VIDEO:(19:33)

canopfor on November 1, 2012 at 9:33 PM

Thanks for that link canopfor. As usual, your contribution to HotAir is without peer.

Folks, watch the entire clip and hear Lara Logan speak

Saltysam on November 1, 2012 at 10:50 PM

bofh on November 1, 2012 at 10:47 PM

I agree it sounds like an oxymoron, but that’s what it was called and it did exist, in spite of riddick’s insistence that it didn’t.

Flora Duh on November 1, 2012 at 10:52 PM

Cindy, it’s here.

I just watched it. Very powerful. And it also made me glad I have nothing to do with FB. And I never will.

predator on November 1, 2012 at 10:52 PM

rogerb on November 1, 2012 at 10:35 PM

I don’t recall either – one of the resident leftist fools claimed that Benghazi was not a travesty, a big deal…similar word, but misspelled it (left out one letter – it was a short word, seems to have started with an “f”…had an “l” missing). Several of us went after the moron, for content and writing.

Schadenfreude on November 1, 2012 at 10:53 PM

The FBI spent only 3 hours in the Benghazi compound to look for evidence.

Schadenfreude on November 1, 2012 at 10:53 PM

Flora Duh on November 1, 2012 at 10:52 PM

Yes, it did. I’ve seen it mentioned a time or two at various sources.

predator on November 1, 2012 at 10:54 PM

(OO) ?

Tenwheeler on November 1, 2012 at 10:44 PM

Yeah, I know it sounds silly. But, the terrorists seem to have perfected some system for being able to trace laser beams back by using some kind of camera apparatus.

a capella on November 1, 2012 at 10:54 PM

Cindy Munford on November 1, 2012 at 10:47 PM

Yes, and Jake’s not taking kindly to it. In the past 2 days he’s been whining as much as Chuck Todd does. Guess a guilty conscience will do that to you.

Flora Duh on November 1, 2012 at 10:55 PM

a capella on November 1, 2012 at 10:41 PM

Not rocket science. I assume it’s a laser in the IR range. You can turn your cellphone camera on and use it to see the IR LED in your TV remote. Scale it up with a camera with a big LCD viewfinder. You can put an IR-pass filter on it if you want to block all but IR.

This is not unlike what home/business energy auditors do when they look for hot/cold spots in your insulation. They have custom setups you can get for that.

slickwillie2001 on November 1, 2012 at 10:56 PM

a capella on November 1, 2012 at 10:41 PM

You can get an app for that.

Just the other day, someone (I believe it was on HA) said that they had just checked it out, found it to be true and gotten the app.

Solaratov on November 1, 2012 at 10:57 PM

I think that’s why he’s such a failure. When confronted with any decision, he left it to others. They operated as an ad hoc committee. There was no real leadership, and there still isn’t.

thatsafactjack on November 1, 2012 at 10:24 PM

Jackie that cowardly cksucker couldn’t even be class president and yet we are/were saddled with him. I pray and I mean that sincerely, that this nonsense will be over soon.
PS, good evening.

arnold ziffel on November 1, 2012 at 11:01 PM

Tenwheeler on November 1, 2012 at 10:44 PM

a capella on November 1, 2012 at 10:54 PM

Lasers are like tracers >> they work both ways.

With proper night vision goggles or sights, even an IR laser (invisible to the naked eye) draws a straight line back to the source.

A properly adapted cell phone gives the same view.

That’s why whoever was lasing the mortar was so desperate for immediate fire on the target. He knew that, the longer he held the laser on target, the better his chances of being hit by that target.

Solaratov on November 1, 2012 at 11:02 PM

What is that? I haven’t heard.

Cindy Munford on November 1, 2012 at 10:45 PM

predator just posted the link for you, did you see it?

John the Libertarian on November 1, 2012 at 11:09 PM

Flora Duh on November 1, 2012 at 10:52 PM

(Why am I getting into this…?)

Well, to be perfectly accurate, events have proven that it wasn’t really a “safe” room at all, so I guess it’s fair to say that there wasn’t a safe room? More of a poorly-decorated, Motel-6 sort of room. If someone thought it was a safe room, then add the planning and construction execution to all of the other monumental f-ups in this sorry affair.

bofh on November 1, 2012 at 11:13 PM

I just watched it. Very powerful.

predator on November 1, 2012 at 10:52 PM

What it also says is someone high up in the administration leaked this stuff, which means that someone is sick and tired of Obama’s nonsense.

John the Libertarian on November 1, 2012 at 11:13 PM

Impeachment is too good for Obama. Treason. Try the traitor for TREASON!

Laura in Maryland on November 1, 2012 at 11:25 PM

John the Libertarian on November 1, 2012 at 11:13 PM

Bullspit.

If they want absolution, tell them the step the he77 forward and GO ON THE DAMN record.

Good men died…Better men that ignored orders they saw as immoral rushed in and gave their lives in defense of the American ideal that we don’t leave our own behind.

I will acknowledge that whomever is giving this stuff to the press is trying to make amends, but they got a hell of a way longer to go before the scales will be righted.

These whiny, sycophant rumpswabbers better thank Gaia that a guy like me wasn’t calling the shots…Benghazi would be lit up so bright they would be able to see it from Alpha-Centari.

Then after it cooled down, I’d pass an E.O to have the Navy & Air Force use it as a target range…forever.

BlaxPac on November 1, 2012 at 11:34 PM

John the Libertarian on November 1, 2012 at 11:13 PM

Seems to coincide with Petraeus releasing his timeline

The CIA timeline is weird too

workingclass artist on November 1, 2012 at 11:34 PM

Apparently two of us missed the S/ tag.

Tenwheeler on November 1, 2012 at 10:42 PM

No /s tag in your post, I just checked.

But we’re good, no issue.

riddick on November 1, 2012 at 11:41 PM

John the Libertarian on November 1, 2012 at 11:09 PM

I did thanks. Did you see on Twitchy where Tapper made a remark about Obama letting Benghazi drip drip out? The folks on Twitter nicely suggested that maybe he wasn’t doing all he could do on the story.

Cindy Munford on November 1, 2012 at 11:46 PM

Flora Duh on November 1, 2012 at 10:55 PM

Opps, I’m kind of lost in all the threads. The problem with Tapper whining is that I think most people expect more of him than Todd. It’s his reputation to lose, choices and consequences.

Cindy Munford on November 1, 2012 at 11:48 PM

We’re reaching a moment when plausible deniability is going to seem ridiculous, if we haven’t reached it already. There will come a point very soon where denying the facts in evidence will be like denying the sun on a clear day.

One day, very soon, there going to release those emails that show the orders we given to stand down. Once this happens, the trolls on these threads will have to decide whether to stand down.

The moment is coming, and its coming soon.

itsspideyman on November 1, 2012 at 11:54 PM

Flora Duh on November 1, 2012 at 10:45 PM

Look, I am pointing out some very clear and sensible info. Safe room, as reported by Brett, is nothing but. As reported prior to Brett and actually early enough into Benghazi discussion by a number of competent sources who asked why is that Stevens was in a compound lacking PROPER safe room. Somewhat armored door is not a sign of a safe room, nor State Department’s insistence in their zeal to show it was safe for Stevens to stay there when asked about simple security measures they must have followed. They lied, on more than one occasion, KNOWN FACT by now.

Also, as already pointed out by others above, just how safe was the safe room if Stevens’ body was extracted. Its just a room in the compound, maybe “beefed up” a bit, but Brett should tour a real one to understand the difference before reporting on this.

Also, and I keep pointing this out. Brett’s report claims death by asphyxiation. OK, then why that night’s video showing Stevens’ body dragged through the streets shows A) no visible signs of asphyxiation (blackened and extracted tongue), B) nor does his white shirt have any sings of smoke soot and C) his belt is undone.

I lived among muslims enough to know what they do in regard of sodomy of males, its their way to show dominance. Maybe to you it is not “fact”, but to me it is. VERY FACTUAL. And no, even they would not sodomize a dead man. So, draw your own conclusions. I did. If we disagree, still, then be it. But please do not admonish me for listing “misinformation” when my own eyes and life experience tell me otherwise.

riddick on November 1, 2012 at 11:55 PM

The CIA timeline is weird too

workingclass artist on November 1, 2012 at 11:34 PM

Looked very fishy to me the second it came out. Basically, blames everyone on the ground and states that at no time did Woods pain a target.

I call BS.

riddick on November 1, 2012 at 11:59 PM

Since the Benghazi failure, he’s instructed them to 1) investigate the investigation and 2) figure out what happened so it doesn’t happen again.
Dusty on November 1, 2012 at 9:42 PM

0bama happened. Let’s learn from our mistakes so they don’t happen again…

affenhauer on November 2, 2012 at 12:05 AM

riddick on November 1, 2012 at 11:55 PM

On point, Riddick.

ghostwalker1 on November 2, 2012 at 12:09 AM

0bama happened. Let’s learn from our mistakes so they don’t happen again…

affenhauer on November 2, 2012 at 12:05 AM

Way too many of them running around lately. Do you think Panetta is better? Or Reid? Or Pelosi? Of frigging Hollywood? We’re surrounded by enemies, in our own backyard.

riddick on November 2, 2012 at 12:13 AM

riddick on November 2, 2012 at 12:13 AM

Somewhere unthread I made a comment about changing the name of ‘The 0bama Administration’ to ‘Occupy Cellblock D’ (pretty sure it was D, but I’m a few beers and a lot of Hoppes past remembering for sure). The only right answer is a thorough housecleaning…

affenhauer on November 2, 2012 at 12:19 AM

On point, Riddick.

ghostwalker1 on November 2, 2012 at 12:09 AM

Have no idea how to explain any of it any clearer. I appreciate that Fox is trying to do a good job, but maybe they should appoint someone a bit more, how do I say it, more inquisitive? And way less gullible.

Safe room, in State Department parlance, has a pretty precise definition. What was in Benghazi wasn’t it, and Brett should have known and asked for more info rather than repeat BS from State Dept crooks. He also should see bodies of asphyxiation victims before repeating more BS from State Dept.

riddick on November 2, 2012 at 12:23 AM

The only right answer is a thorough housecleaning…

affenhauer on November 2, 2012 at 12:19 AM

And watching GOP and their actions something tells me it won’t happen.

riddick on November 2, 2012 at 12:24 AM

riddick on November 1, 2012 at 11:55 PM

Please direct me to this video, because I have yet to see it.

Flora Duh on November 2, 2012 at 12:26 AM

And watching GOP and their actions something tells me it won’t happen.
riddick on November 2, 2012 at 12:24 AM

You’re not gonna hear me dispute that…

affenhauer on November 2, 2012 at 12:26 AM

riddick on November 2, 2012 at 12:23 AM

Greg Palkot is gullible?

Flora Duh on November 2, 2012 at 12:28 AM

BlaxPac on November 1, 2012 at 11:34 PM

Damn, wish you had been…

lovingmyUSA on November 2, 2012 at 12:34 AM

Well naturally they’d call the FBI, it was a POLICE problem, not terrorism.

Let’s face it; Barry AND Hillary! got the 3am phone call – and they screwed the pooch!

Not to worry, Hillary! “takes full responsibility”. She may yet regret that. Barry doesn’t need Hillary! or Bill Bob after Nov 6th.

GarandFan on November 2, 2012 at 12:39 AM

GarandFan on November 2, 2012 at 12:39 AM

You forgot someone – Valarie Jarrett. This clusterfark sounds like it came straight from her.

And if, and I do emphasize the word IF, Hillary really did want to send in help and was over-ruled by the boy king, she better speak out before Tuesday or she can kiss any hope she might have of Chelsea someday having a political career goodbye.

Flora Duh on November 2, 2012 at 12:45 AM

A good summary…

And a damning quote:

““This is probably the biggest cover-up in American history – and you’re talking to an expert in cover-ups,”
Former Sen. Fred Thompson

workingclass artist on November 2, 2012 at 12:48 AM

Please direct me to this video, because I have yet to see it.

Flora Duh on November 2, 2012 at 12:26 AM

All I’ve seen were photographs.

workingclass artist on November 2, 2012 at 12:51 AM

Greg Palkot is gullible?

Flora Duh on November 2, 2012 at 12:28 AM

I am supposed to be impressed by the name? OK, I give up. Why is his name so important that I should trust him more than my own eyes and life experience of living among muslims and their, shall we say, “customs”?

riddick on November 2, 2012 at 12:55 AM

workingclass artist on November 2, 2012 at 12:48 AM

Never doubted that. Shillary would have thrown the idiot traitor under the bus by now if she could. She is as guilty as anyone on this with her own State Dept having a security arm in charge of assessing and providing security to its employees. If anyone was shipping arms to Al Qaeda she had to be in on this what with her anti-semitism and her love of mislims. Yes, no proof yet, but hopefully we’ll get a better look at this sometime soon.

But I am sure Huma is pretty happy these days…

riddick on November 2, 2012 at 1:00 AM

riddick on November 2, 2012 at 12:23 AM

Correct. What was in Benghazi was barely a room and certainly not safe. No part of the compound was safe since there was no security. Every where you look in this debacle, things do not add up; it just stinks to high heaven and you are left with more and more questions. But I am certain the ‘investigation’ will get to the bottom of it. /
What a disgrace and a stain on our country. Imagine being a US diplomat in a dodgy posting right now – better keep an ear tuned for footsteps – in front of you and behind you.

ghostwalker1 on November 2, 2012 at 1:02 AM

riddick on November 2, 2012 at 12:55 AM

HE was the one that was doing the report from the consulate, not Bret Baier. Palkot talked to witnesses in Benghazi, both Americans and Libyan and he talked to the doctor at the hospital who pronounced Ambassador Stevens as dead after trying to resuscitate him.

Flora Duh on November 2, 2012 at 1:08 AM

ghostwalker1 on November 2, 2012 at 1:02 AM

But Greg Palcot reported differently /s With his only claim to fame being beaten up in Egypt. Have no idea how adults can repost State Dept BS as “truth” without understanding simple things about what they reporting on. Death by asphyxiation? Right, do you want that bridge in stone or steel? How a so called “credible reporter” can state that and still call himself a “credible reporter” is beyond comprehension.

We really need to clean house. Nothing will happen with our present representation in Congress.

And Fox News is not what most people think it is for the past 2-3 years. They are trying, but “trying” and succeeding” are two very different things. Save for Red Eye and some contributors and guests I cannot stomach watching them lately. Too bad I have to at times due to my wife’s habit.

riddick on November 2, 2012 at 1:10 AM

Flora Duh on November 2, 2012 at 1:08 AM

And I am still asking same question, Why should I listen to anything he said when nothing makes sense? Just because he is Greg Palcot? Oh, OK, then.

Have you seen people dead of asphyxiation?

And should that CBS female reporter kept mum about being gang raped in Hariri Square?

Yes or No to both questions above.

That should make it easier for me to understand what you are arguing about.

riddick on November 2, 2012 at 1:14 AM

riddick on November 2, 2012 at 1:10 AM

Do you have to try to sound like an idiot, or does it just come natural?

Greg Palkot joined Fox News Channel (FNC) in 1998 and currently serves as the Senior Foreign Affairs Correspondent based in London. He’s traveled around the world reporting on terror in Yemen, famine in Sudan, political intrigue in Iran, fighting throughout the Mideast, and the devastating Tsunami in Indonesia.

In recent months, Palkot has covered the massive unrest which toppled the regime in Egypt, getting a first-hand taste of the violence in Tahrir Square, Cairo. He reported from the Pakistan site of the U.S. SEAL raid on the lair of Al Qaeda leader Usama bin Laden. He was at the scene of the killing of former Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi. Palkot has provided rare up-close looks inside Pyongyang, North Korea. And he was in Japan for the aftermath of the 2011 earthquake, tsunami and nuclear disaster.

Over the years, Greg has embedded with U.S. troops on the front lines of combat. He was the first reporter in the “spider hole” where Saddam Hussein was caught. He was with the first Marine unit invading the terror hotbed of Fallujah, Iraq. He accompanied soldiers and marines in their battles with the Taliban in southern and eastern Afghanistan. And he’s covered the Navy’s search for modern-day pirates off the coast of Africa.

From his long-time base in Europe he’s reported on a range of stories, from the bloody riots in Greece sparked by Europe’s debt crisis, to ethnic and extremist tensions in Belgium and Holland, to terror plots acted on and thwarted in France and the U.K., to London’s “wedding of the century” of Prince William and Kate Middleton.

Prior to joining FNC, Greg was an anchor, reporter, and producer internationally and in the U.S for programs airing on PBS, Financial News Network (now CNBC), WABC and CBS.

Palkot is a three-time Emmy award-winner for reporting, news coverage, and feature stories. He’s also received recognition from the Associated Press, United Press International, and the International Film and Television Awards.

A graduate of Wesleyan University, Palkot speaks several languages and is a native New Yorker.

Flora Duh on November 2, 2012 at 1:19 AM

Have you seen people dead of asphyxiation?

Yes or No to both questions above.

That should make it easier for me to understand what you are arguing about.

riddick on November 2, 2012 at 1:14 AM

Yes, I have, my sister-in-law. Would you like the gory details?

And I answered your other question in the other thread, but since you seem too “busy” to read it…

That was Ms. Logan’s choice to make, wasn’t it? And she had the facts to back up that she was raped. That is the point I’m trying to make, which is obviously going right over your head.

Flora Duh on November 2, 2012 at 1:23 AM

Flora Duh on November 2, 2012 at 1:19 AM

And yet this celebrity has no idea what “safe room” means? Nor how a person dead of asphyxiation looks like.

Do YOU understand the meaning of word SAFE? I am sure Stevens would have liked to know as well.

And you’re calling ME an idiot? OK. Pretty much what I suspected all along, what with your “we need to find facts before…” BS. Same crap we’re hearing from WH and his admin for the past 7 WEEKS.

Thanks for not answering two very simple questions above. Not that I expected you to, or rather, I knew your answers.

If you still cannot discern on that video you watched that Stevens DID NOT DIE OF ASPHYXIATION then there is nothing else to discuss. Long live Fox News and their star reporter.

riddick on November 2, 2012 at 1:27 AM

riddick on November 2, 2012 at 1:27 AM

WHAT video? You haven’t shown me one yet!

Flora Duh on November 2, 2012 at 1:29 AM

One you referenced yourself above.

riddick on November 2, 2012 at 1:29 AM

riddick on November 2, 2012 at 1:27 AM

Oh, and I answered both your questions. Its your problem if you didn’t like the answers.

Flora Duh on November 2, 2012 at 1:34 AM

One you referenced yourself above.

riddick on November 2, 2012 at 1:29 AM

The video that had a STILL photo of the Ambassador being awkwardly carried, not dragged, down the street? Yes, I saw that. I still don’t see how that supports your claim that he was “raped”.

But you know what? I don’t care anymore. It is obvious you’ve got a narrative in your head and can’t handle that someone else might not share that narrative.

You also obviously can’t take being proven not to be right 100% of the time, as evidenced by your mocking of Palkot.

Flora Duh on November 2, 2012 at 1:42 AM

Too bad I have to at times due to my wife’s habit.

riddick on November 2, 2012 at 1:10 AM

Is that you, honey?

winoceros on November 2, 2012 at 1:43 AM

Greg Palkot is not the issue here. Reporters, even good ones can be fed disinformation and be misled. My problem is with having the foxes guard the hen house. A stonewalling administration that is delaying and obfuscating hinders even professional investigators. On purpose.

The delay of getting an FBI team to the site, not to mention only allowing them three hours to do their jobs (security issues, doncha know) explains why there is still evidence on site, never mind how much has already been looted, destroyed, etc. This ‘investigation’ is being overseen by the same people who sat on their hands while a protracted attack was underway on our personnel that were placed in Benghazi by the administration in the first place. The same people who are ‘working to get all the facts’ today.

At best this shows incompetence and negligence with more and more strong indicators that there is much much worse afoot here. The stench of a huge rat is in the air. To give credit where it is due, at least Fox is trying to report this story which a damn sight more than I can say for the rest of the so-called media accomplices who are selectively deaf dumb and blind.

ghostwalker1 on November 2, 2012 at 1:48 AM

Uh, I didn’t bother reading the whole thread, but am I the only one who realizes this statement makes no sense? Are they really trying to see they were using the laser designator as a WARNING? The laser that you can’t see without special optics? BALONEY!

Sorry, libs, but your narrative is imploding.

R. Waher on November 2, 2012 at 1:51 AM

Flora Duh on November 2, 2012 at 1:42 AM

Funny.

For some reason you didn’t think I saw his bio before you decided to post it in full detail? And my questions on Palcot were mocking and rhetorical?

And you still insist you’re not gullible? OK, then.

Let me know how your “fact finding” mission goes. Plays right into liberal hands… As they expected all along. And we’re asking why liberals do what they do with impunity. Because they sell their crap. EACH AND EVERY TIME. Without a failure. And as they will once again judging by this thread.

riddick on November 2, 2012 at 1:53 AM

ghostwalker1 on November 2, 2012 at 1:48 AM

I agree with everything you said, 100%. And as I said upthread, this “we can’t offend the Muslims” crap has Valarie Jarrett’s stink all over it.

Flora Duh on November 2, 2012 at 1:54 AM

Please direct me to this video, because I have yet to see it.

Flora Duh on November 2, 2012 at 12:26 AM

Hi Flora,

I am sure I saw a better quality video but cannot located it right now. You only catch a split second view of the ambassador, but IMO is enough to compare to the graphic photos we saw later.

Mitsouko on November 2, 2012 at 1:55 AM

Just for the record and not picking sides:

-Yes, you can die of asphyxiation in a fire and have no visible burns, soot, etc.

-Yes, some Middle Eastern males view sodomy as an act of dominance. The ambassador might easily have been alive when he was removed from that room.

justltl on November 2, 2012 at 1:56 AM

ghostwalker1 on November 2, 2012 at 1:48 AM

I give Fox props for at least trying. Although I would expect better understanding of what they are reporting, especially from a “decorated” reporter. Not that we should take all of it as gospel, as some here do, obviously. Have no idea what word SAFE to some, but it has a meaning and a specific meaning when applied to embassies and consulates.

This is nothing short of a cover-up of some HUGE issue. Seemingly making sure that Stevens does not have enough protection, not only from us, but from Libyan police even after he asked for it. Making sure Turkish diplomat leaves before attack ensues. Documents left for anyone to see. Etc, etc, etc.

And with each and every new attempt to “explain” they present even more questions. Its almost as if they are throwing crap at the wall to see what sticks. Now it is back in CIA corner, it seems, while head of CIA is not to be found. They are buying time, but I hope they know the results on the night of the 6th they start singing. What GOP should have made clear by now is that they will prosecute and apply criminal charges. That would have sped up the singing, IMO. Come clean and we may forgive you. But NOW, not later.

I’d like to see ex CIA do the investigation. Proven CIA people, now retired, who have nothing to lose. Gowdy would probably do as well, but after seeing him in Issa’s so called “investigation” of Benghazi I am not sure where he stands on this. GOP simply is sitting this one out. Newt and Beck are forcing the issue, not anyone in GOP Congress.

riddick on November 2, 2012 at 2:05 AM

P.S. Expert on asphyxiation? Most definitely yes.
Expert on sodomy? Most definitely no. Just common knowledge.

justltl on November 2, 2012 at 2:06 AM

riddick on November 2, 2012 at 1:53 AM

How many times have you contacted your elected officials demanding an Independent investigation into this?

How many times have you contacted media outlets demanding they start reporting the truth?

How many times have you contacted the advertisers of those media outlets to inform them you will no longer be purchasing their products if they don’t start demanding the truth from the media they sell advertising to?

How many times have you been called a “right wing nut job” and hung up on when calling liberal leaning talk radio programs and trying to bring up the topic of Benghazi?

How many times have you written to the editor of your local paper, including links to news stories about Benghazi so that other readers can learn about what happened over there?

I’ve done ALL of the above – on a daily basis – for over 2 weeks, so don’t try telling me I’m falling into the liberal’s hands.

It seems to me that someone who does nothing more than spout off on a conservative blog – without demanding answers from the people that should be providing them – is the one who has fallen into the liberal’s hands, ie; ignore it and maybe it will go away.

Flora Duh on November 2, 2012 at 2:08 AM

Flora Duh on November 2, 2012 at 2:08 AM

You expect me to contact Harrietta Reid? Will do…

LOL

riddick on November 2, 2012 at 2:11 AM

Flora Duh on November 2, 2012 at 1:54 AM

Yep, we don’t want to offend the jihadists – I mean they already want to kill us! I suppose in the twisted liberal mind that kind of pretzel logic is quite sound.

Riddick, I agree that Newt and Beck are pushing this while the squishy GOP is collectively whistling past the graveyard of Americans with spines.

ghostwalker1 on November 2, 2012 at 2:21 AM

ghostwalker1 on November 2, 2012 at 1:48 AM

One more thing to add to my previous rant. I find it very interesting that after the deaths of four Americans including our Ambassador, this administration was concerned enough about security of the FBI investigation team to only allow them three hours on the ground in Benghazi but not concerned enough to send them in with enough security to hold that position until a thorough investigation could be done. Another oddity…

ghostwalker1 on November 2, 2012 at 2:30 AM

ghostwalker1 on November 2, 2012 at 2:21 AM

Hopefully we will find someone with balls in GOP Congress to drive this through, although watching them for the past 7 weeks I am not optimistic. Libs have been playing this “we need to investigate and find ALL facts” to perfection so far, we are simply one gullible bunch, it seems, and will play right along. Have so far…

Have a good night.

riddick on November 2, 2012 at 2:31 AM

ghostwalker1 on November 2, 2012 at 2:30 AM

Yep. As they stated, “We are trying to get clearance from Libyan government”. That took, oh, DAYS.

Should have been: We are going, try to stop us or interfere. Talk to you later.

All the while with a few F-16s are ripping the skies above Libyan gov building to make a point. And a few Apaches to clear the way.

Anyway. Good night.

riddick on November 2, 2012 at 2:34 AM

Good night Riddick.

ghostwalker1 on November 2, 2012 at 2:41 AM

Obama consulted with his top advisers about Benghazi.

Jay-Z and Beyonce.

What more could he have done?

profitsbeard on November 2, 2012 at 2:49 AM

As a Viet Nam era vet, this cowardly, inept, lying administration, needs to be strung up and shot. To leave our brave people to die while help is a phone call away is beyond despicable. Ojackazz is a real piece of work, if he gets re-elected expect most vets and their families to not comply with any of his azzhole orders. If you see the long gas lines in NYC wait until you see what happens under the regimes next 4 years.

stormridercx4 on November 2, 2012 at 2:50 AM

If Department of State has some minimum requirement threshold in deeming something a “safe room” then feel free to provide those minimum requirements.

Obviously, “safe” doesn’t mean impregnable so feel free to provide us with the requirement that prevents a room which is ‘more safe or more easily defendable than other rooms’ from being used as a safe room.

blink on November 2, 2012 at 2:35 AM

Of course, it could be that when they say SAFE room, they meant as in the room where the Secure documents/Electronic are kept?

BlaxPac on November 2, 2012 at 2:52 AM

Spoken like a true RINO-Liberal, Allahpundit. They didn’t because they are ideologically LOCKED into viewing such events as a matter for law enforcement, ‘not terrorism’, and thus (and otherwise) eschew decisive military action at ever turn. Anyone actually on the Right or of the military sees it instantly. The simpering middle does not.

rayra on November 2, 2012 at 3:48 AM

blink, you jackass, their arrival time is NEVER, if they aren’t employed. And their employment time is longer when nobody in this jackass administration will even concieve of issuing a warning order ON THE EVE OF 9/11. For all their ‘forward’ / ‘lean forward’ BS, they are utterly back on their heels shying away when it comes to any use of force against the Jihad. They won’t even call the Ft Hood attack terrorism, for f’s sake.

rayra on November 2, 2012 at 3:51 AM

Our abject failure of a President sat on his hands and let Americans die without so much as even a cursory attempt to do what is mandated to be done by our POTUS in situations such as this. This was not a unique event that our military and commander-in-chief haven’t made contingencies and concrete plans for long before Barack Hussein Obama was president.

Then he flew to Las Vegas to campaign and fund raise first thing in the morning.

And yet practically nothing on the news at all about any of it — and Obama even still has the edge on the election despite all of this — much less all of this combined with his last 4 years of misery inducing abject failure.

This country has been permanently and irreparably — and I believe quite possibly intentionally — damaged.

It’s like a bad dream. A real bad dream.

FlatFoot on November 2, 2012 at 3:57 AM

Meanwhile, Eric Holder breathes a sigh of relief as the scandal of the day is Benghazi. I would not be surprised if the various scandal-ridden departments of the Obama Regime do not coordinate departmental scandal exposure to avoid too much heat on any one department at any given time.

They probably have meetings where they make the decisions:

“Okay, Chu, you guys at Energy have been sliding for a while. Batter up, buddy! And don’t you guys with GAO get too comfy, it’s about time you get some home cooking!”

The Rotating Scandal Regime!

Sherman1864 on November 2, 2012 at 4:54 AM

The FBI spent only 3 hours in the Benghazi compound to look for evidence.

Schadenfreude on November 1, 2012 at 10:53 PM

. . . they are ideologically LOCKED into viewing such events as a matter for law enforcement, ‘not terrorism’, and thus (and otherwise) eschew decisive military action at ever turn. Anyone actually on the Right or of the military sees it instantly. The simpering middle does not.

rayra on November 2, 2012 at 3:48 AM

What was said to Ty Wood’s grieving father at the memorial service photo op at Andrews?

“Don’t worry, Mr. Woods. We are going to find those responsible and bring them to justice.”

Just freakin incredible.