Quotes of the day

posted at 11:04 pm on October 30, 2012 by Allahpundit

The expected force of the superstorm, combined with its timing and the growing importance of early voting in battleground states, had the potential to affect the outcome like no other weather event in U.S. presidential election history.

“We’ve never seen anything like this before,” said Allan J. Lichtman, a professor of history at American University in Washington…

“I don’t have a clue what this will do,” said Charlie Black, a Romney adviser. “Neither does anyone else.”

***

My advice to everyone is to hold your breath, say a prayer for everyone affected or donate to the recovery, wait as patiently as you can, and ignore any polls until this weekend at the earliest. Up until Sandy hit the Mid-Atlantic and the Northeast, this extremely tight race had been roughly stagnant for two weeks. Mitt Romney had a slight advantage in the national popular vote, and Obama had a slight advantage in the Electoral College. (A split between the popular vote and Electoral College I spoke about as a possibility in a column in June.) That is the last signal we had as of Monday a.m.

Sandy could turn this race in a way none of us anticipated. A few months ago, I said that there would be five events in October that would determine who was going to get elected: three presidential debates, one vice-presidential debate, and an unexpected event. I never anticipated the unexpected moment would be a historic hurricane hitting the most populous regions of the country. Just shows you there are some things in life we can’t predict or control—an important life lesson and political lesson. No we wait and see what the result of all this will be.

***

But Romney has one big advantage: He is free of the risk the president bears in failing, or even appearing to fail, to pull the levers of government to effectively respond to the expected devastation. And he has little choice but to limit his campaigning…

Romney appears to have learned a valuable lesson from Obama’s approach to the optics of how a campaign reacts to real-world crises: Sometimes in politics, less is more.

In September 2008, the financial crisis provided a perfect metaphor for Obama’s team, which had sought to portray its relatively young and indisputably inexperienced candidate as the steady, presidential hand and McCain as unpredictable. McCain made that contrast easy: He suspended his campaign, temporarily pulled out of a debate and raced back to Washington to pass the TARP bill. Only it didn’t work out that way. Many Americans hated the Wall Street bailout, most House Republicans defected from McCain and the bill was defeated on the House floor — before it was brought up a second time and passed.

McCain’s over-the-top response to the financial crisis was the opposite of George W. Bush’s too-little, too-late reaction to Hurricane Katrina, which, though it did not strike in the midst of an election, did more damage to Bush’s image than any other domestic issue during his presidency. At times since then, Republicans have shown extra sensitivity to natural disasters, abbreviating both their 2008 and 2012 national conventions because of hurricanes.

***

It’s as simple as this: If the storm knocks out your power, you can’t watch TV.

Both campaigns are planning to spend tens of millions of dollars on a final assault of campaign commercials. But Sandy could knock those plans off the air in such battleground states as Virginia, New Hampshire, North Carolina, and the lean Obama-state of Pennsylvania, which are all in the storm’s path. And while it won’t get a direct hit, battleground Ohio will also feel the wrath of Sandy.

“In areas without power and thus without either TV advertising or TV news, the race is likely to be frozen in place,” said Elizabeth Wilner, vice president at Kantar Media/Campaign Media Analysis Group, which tracks political ad spending on broadcast and national cable TV.

***

Imagine a scenario in which Romney edges Obama by 100,000 in Ohio, 30,000 in Iowa, 15,000 in New Hampshire, and 50,000 in Virginia. That’s 41 electoral votes with a microscopic edge of 195,000 votes in four states. That 195,000 would be slightly more than a third of the average Democratic margin since 2000 in New Jersey and one-tenth of the average Democratic winning margin in California.

Here’s where Sandy comes in and could make a profound difference in terms of the popular vote and electoral vote…

Storm-diminished turnouts in [Massachusetts, New Jersey, and New York] could cost Obama tens of thousands of popular votes. It could also cost him 20 electoral votes in Pennsylvania. The implications are obvious in Virginia as well, but that state was always going to be close and the margin of victory understood to be narrow. There are ways Obama can win without Virginia but not many without Pennsylvania.

The chance of a Romney popular-vote victory and Obama Electoral College victory were always statistically and mathematically remote. The chances of the opposite occurring were always easier for me to see. And Sandy may alter that terrain in ways that prove more harmful to Obama than Romney.

***

Under the Constitution, Congress has the authority to change the “first Tuesday in November” date for the presidential election. But as of Tuesday morning, there had been no serious discussion of moving the date of Election Day by the top leaders in the Republican-led House or the Democratic-led Senate, according to senior congressional aides. A spokesman for the House Committee on Administration did say that the committee “is closely monitoring the impacted states.”

Delaying the election might be an option given that hard-hit states are likely to be dealing with power outages and flooded locales that could extend well past Nov. 6. And with this presidential race projected to be close electorally, imagine the controversy and lawsuits that would inevitably result because enough back-up generators can’t be found to power electronic voting equipment, or if voters are displaced from home or can’t get to polling places…

Federal Emergency Management Agency officials are telling states that the federal government would help them pay to move polling places, or to bring in generators next week to areas without power. But political and legal experts underscore that — even after 9/11, which occurred just before a mayoral election in New York — that the federal government has never put in place any solid plan to deal with such disruptions. “So we are left with the situation where the people who probably most know where we might stand on Election Day are the utility companies,” says Edward Foley, an election law expert at Ohio State University Law School in Columbus.

***

All of this chatter about delaying Election Day is ridiculous on every level. First, it’s not going to happen. Despite the chatter, the president has no authority to change Election Day. None. Zip. Nada. Those people who simply assume this is a presidential decision are betraying the degree to which they simply accept the legitimacy of an imperial presidency. Now I understand limitations on presidential power haven’t always curtailed this president. But if he tried to move or delay Election Day, it would be a national scandal and outrage (or at least it should be). The power to set the Election Day lies with the states. You’d have to change a vast patchwork of state laws (all the Constitution requires is that the states deliver their electors in mid-December). Also, Congress has a role to play because it determines, by statute, the timing of elections.

Chuck Todd who knows vastly more about politics than I do, should recall that 9/11 did not delay the New York mayoral race. It delayed the primary — which was scheduled on 9/11. Sandy made landfall eight days before the election — and wasn’t an act of war. If 9/11 is the best precedent for moving the federal election day, there is no precedent for it. And there is none. Sure, some local elections have been delayed for this or that reason. But this country held elections during the Civil War! Even FDR who violated a near-sacred tradition to run for a third term and fourth term, still ran for them.

***

Via Breitbart.

Visit NBCNews.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

***

***

Comments

Comment pages: 1 3 4 5 6

Otay,I’m bailing out,

all YOU Hot Gassers/GassEttes,have a great Night!

Talk to you all tommorrow,Nite———————:)

canopfor on October 31, 2012 at 1:18 AM

C’est si bon

Schadenfreude on October 31, 2012 at 1:19 AM

Mark1971, How we doin? You gonna play something off that there album?

Bmore on October 31, 2012 at 1:17 AM

Pretty good. Here you go. Thunder Rising

Mark1971 on October 31, 2012 at 1:19 AM

Bmore on October 31, 2012 at 1:18 AM

Now that he’s revealed that deep seated mother fixation of his, I’m thinking he has a fine soprano voice, too.

thatsafactjack on October 31, 2012 at 1:19 AM

Whenever/wherever there is a tie, the challenger wins.

Schadenfreude on October 31, 2012 at 1:20 AM

Newt: “The pollsters came in and they jiggered the numbers…”

Yep. Sounds racist to me.

RedCrow on October 31, 2012 at 1:22 AM

I’m in AZ, but remember the old woodfloor rink on rt1. man, I was young. Mostly went to the one behind the mall. Childhood memories. It’s funny how they flood back. Your post and Belair just did that. Going to harford mall was an event in my day. It’s where you met girls. It was a wonderful time of life. Innocence.

wolly4321 on October 31, 2012 at 1:22 AM

I’m running the Linux version of FireFox. Doesn’t play well with OpenSuse.

I’ll check for NoScript as well.

AZfederalist on October 31, 2012 at 1:13 AM

With my Linux question, I meant that I know there are varying versions of Firefox out there which are compiled differently, and can provide tremendous performance increases. For instance, I am using PaleMoon, an alternate version of Firefox, and it is definitely faster than the regular version of Firefox on Windows XP.

Anti-Control on October 31, 2012 at 1:22 AM

Fade To Black – Dire Straits

thatsafactjack on October 31, 2012 at 1:22 AM

canopfor on October 31, 2012 at 1:06 AM

Easy code to write. I’ve written something similar. (Not this, though. :))

thatsafactjack on October 31, 2012 at 1:08 AM

thatsafactjack:

I had a Intell Heads Up,from earlier,but I thought it
was a joke,till it popped up!

Nite TAFJ:)
============

Andrew Kaczynski ‏@BuzzFeedAndrew

Better yet, once we hit midnight the mysterious anti-Obama texts going out turn into sexts.

canopfor on October 31, 2012 at 1:22 AM

For next Tuesday – Adios Muchachos!

Schadenfreude on October 31, 2012 at 1:23 AM

Whenever/wherever there is a tie, the challenger wins.

Schadenfreude on October 31, 2012 at 1:20 AM

Frankly, I’m concerned about the dearth of condemnations to Hades in your recent posts. That ain’t the Schadie I know and love.

Are you feelin’ okay?

(PS–I’ll not stand for it much longer.)

RedCrow on October 31, 2012 at 1:24 AM

canopfor on October 31, 2012 at 1:22 AM

Goodnight, Canopfor. Sleep well, and thanks so much for all the great links. :)

thatsafactjack on October 31, 2012 at 1:24 AM

Mark1971 on October 31, 2012 at 1:19 AM

Glad to hear you are well. The younger Moore. ; )

Bmore on October 31, 2012 at 1:25 AM

HotAirLib on October 31, 2012 at 1:16 AM

Sorry you just don’t measure up. On election night you will have to be content with being the pivot man for Axelrod and Messina. Val will be consoling a sobbing Barry. However please check in here at HA so we can make fun.

arnold ziffel on October 31, 2012 at 1:25 AM

RedCrow on October 31, 2012 at 1:24 AM

You missed them all day.

I mellow out at night :)

Schadenfreude on October 31, 2012 at 1:25 AM

Talk to y’all tomorrow.

Cindy Munford on October 31, 2012 at 1:25 AM

arnold ziffel on October 31, 2012 at 1:25 AM

LOL! He really is a low rent little troll. Not much fun, really. I think it’s wonderful that they’re allowing us to watch them wriggle, with just 6 days left to go! :)

thatsafactjack on October 31, 2012 at 1:26 AM

Gary Moore and Eric Bell – Whiskey In The Jar

Mark1971 on October 31, 2012 at 1:26 AM

thatsafactjack on October 31, 2012 at 1:18 AM

You are back to talking about your mother singing again? Jeez

HotAirLib on October 31, 2012 at 1:26 AM

thatsafactjack on October 31, 2012 at 1:19 AM

You mean one of those new castratey types. I bet he can really hit the high notes. Say he still hasn’t done Daisey has he? Maybe its below his range.

Bmore on October 31, 2012 at 1:27 AM

Cindy Munford on October 31, 2012 at 1:25 AM

Goodnight, Cindy. Sleep well. :)

thatsafactjack on October 31, 2012 at 1:27 AM

Good Night Cindy, Sweet Dreams.

Bmore on October 31, 2012 at 1:27 AM

arnold ziffel on October 31, 2012 at 1:25 AM

Oh trust me i will be here. Question is will you?

HotAirLib on October 31, 2012 at 1:28 AM

Bmore on October 31, 2012 at 1:27 AM

MADE ME LAUGH! I’ll bet it is, now that you mention it. :)

thatsafactjack on October 31, 2012 at 1:29 AM

HotAirLib on October 31, 2012 at 1:26 AM

Are your lips a dark reddish purplelish hue?

Bmore on October 31, 2012 at 1:29 AM

canopfor on October 31, 2012 at 1:22 AM

Lol.
This:

Easy code to write. I’ve written something similar. (Not this, though. :))

was what I wrote.

Lol. I’ll let it go this time ’cause you bring a lot to the table, and it would be hard to find another Canadian as competent as you who works for peanuts.

RedCrow on October 31, 2012 at 1:29 AM

thatsafactjack on October 31, 2012 at 1:27 AM

Dont go yet. Why do you keep telling us your mother likes to sing? Is she sick like you? Is your mother a sick human being? Please tell.

HotAirLib on October 31, 2012 at 1:30 AM

America still does not like losers.

Schadenfreude on October 31, 2012 at 1:30 AM

HotAirLib on October 31, 2012 at 1:28 AM

HAL… you are teetering on the brink of sanity. We can tell by these lame retorts… you do know what ‘retort’ means, don’t you HAL?

No matter…. sing DAISY, HAL.

You know you want to.

Hey, HAL. There, there. Just six more days and it will all be over.

Poor, HAL. Poor, poor, little HAL.

thatsafactjack on October 31, 2012 at 1:31 AM

HotAirLib on October 31, 2012 at 1:30 AM

You really don’t remember how it ends for you do you?

Bmore on October 31, 2012 at 1:31 AM

HotAirLib on October 31, 2012 at 1:30 AM

To Hades, pronto, you rude ignoramus.

Schadenfreude on October 31, 2012 at 1:32 AM

Jackie, when HAL sings “Daisy”, I hope you’ll record it for us, such a sweet song. But, give him a little slack in the meantime … decorating and picking out drapes for a basement is surely a trying thing.

TXUS on October 31, 2012 at 1:32 AM

HotAirLib on October 31, 2012 at 1:30 AM

How about the hue of those lips HAL?

Bmore on October 31, 2012 at 1:32 AM

HotAirLib on October 31, 2012 at 1:30 AM

That mother fixation is really getting the better of you, HAL. You should see someone. Seriously. Mama’s boys like you should seek counseling.

thatsafactjack on October 31, 2012 at 1:32 AM

I mellow out at night :)

Schadenfreude on October 31, 2012 at 1:25 AM

Lol. Maybe that’s why I perceive a shortage. (I’ve been around mostly in the day, of late.)

My only other guess is that you have a daily quota, and you’re efficient enough to finish the day early. :)

RedCrow on October 31, 2012 at 1:33 AM

Come on HAL, talk to me in that sweet high pitched voice with those lovely darkish red, purple hued lips.

Bmore on October 31, 2012 at 1:33 AM

Bmore on October 31, 2012 at 1:11 AM

Very nice!..:)

Good evening!..:)

Dire Straits on October 31, 2012 at 1:33 AM

TXUS on October 31, 2012 at 1:32 AM

Lol! I hadn’t considered that, in all honesty, TXUS. Now that you mention it, I should have realized that the loathsome little creature would have to do those feminine chores for himself.

thatsafactjack on October 31, 2012 at 1:34 AM

The Axelturds have been floating around all the threads today. Must be desperado time all over.

Schadenfreude on October 31, 2012 at 1:35 AM

Good evening!..:)

Dire Straits on October 31, 2012 at 1:33 AM

Good Evening Dire! ; ) All well in Dires world?

Bmore on October 31, 2012 at 1:35 AM

Awww, did (s)he leave already?
An’ I didn’t get to point, and poke it with a stick. :(

RedCrow on October 31, 2012 at 1:36 AM

Schadenfreude on October 31, 2012 at 1:32 AM

Thank you, Schadenfreude. :)

However, he isn’t worth your ire. He’s really a trivial, pathetic, little creature.

thatsafactjack on October 31, 2012 at 1:36 AM

thatsafactjack on October 31, 2012 at 1:36 AM

No ire whatsoever, just pure Schadenfreude!

Schadenfreude on October 31, 2012 at 1:36 AM

On another note…Boy! That was WEAK!

RedCrow on October 31, 2012 at 1:37 AM

If I didn’t know better, I’d think HAL is afraid of me. Wait,…………my name isn’t Dave.

Bmore on October 31, 2012 at 1:37 AM

Cloudy Day – J. J. Cale

thatsafactjack on October 31, 2012 at 1:37 AM

An’ I didn’t get to point, and poke it with a stick. :(

RedCrow on October 31, 2012 at 1:36 AM

Be sure to use the extra thorny one RC. ; )

Bmore on October 31, 2012 at 1:38 AM

Schadenfreude on October 31, 2012 at 1:36 AM

Much appreciated, just the same. :)

thatsafactjack on October 31, 2012 at 1:38 AM

A poster, such as myself, who freely switches from academic, to slang, high culture to low culture, Downton Abbey to Detroit and everywhere inbetween; I find myself not the least concerned with your ajudication of my mental facilities. On the contrary, you’re most obvious inability to recognize code switching when you see it, belies a brain so feebly developed it is a miracle you have not been committed to Bedlam Hospital. Well, I suppose there is still time for you to get the cognitive treatment you so direly need. Till then, I shall pray for you and hope you may be delivered from your otherwise sorry state of mental affairs.

That better dawg?

libfreeordie on October 30, 2012 at 11:38 PM

Talk about inflated self-regards!

bayview on October 31, 2012 at 1:39 AM

You guys are wonderful. Thank you all. :)

NOT you, HAL. lol!

thatsafactjack on October 31, 2012 at 1:39 AM

Is that what you guys were talking about?!?
If’n that ain’t a lil’ girl’s blouse.

RedCrow on October 31, 2012 at 1:40 AM

Jackie, I’m starting to think HAL doesn’t understand why we call him that. He seems to not get it. Maybe if one of us changed our name to Dave. What do you think?

Bmore on October 31, 2012 at 1:40 AM

Au revoir :) with special dedication to O :)

jimver on October 31, 2012 at 1:41 AM

Talk about inflated self-regards!

bayview on October 31, 2012 at 1:39 AM

That one got smacked around pretty good earlier. I couldn’t stop laughing. ; )

Bmore on October 31, 2012 at 1:42 AM

Bmore on October 31, 2012 at 1:40 AM

Well, in all honesty, Bmore… I’ve run that “2001: A Space Odyssey” link where HAL sings DAISY for him MANY times… and the “Stop Dave, I’m afraid.” link, too.

I know he’s as dense as a concrete piling, but I would have thought that SHOWING him the clip, WITH repeated explanations, would be enough to give him a clear idea of what we’re talking about.

But.. of the two of us… I think if either of us is going to be ‘Dave’, that should, naturally, fall to you. :)

thatsafactjack on October 31, 2012 at 1:44 AM

Maybe I should spell castrattie this way. Hmmm…..

Bmore on October 31, 2012 at 1:45 AM

Talk about inflated self-regards!

bayview on October 31, 2012 at 1:39 AM

I laughed hard at ‘mental facilities’, my stomach hurt literally :-) …the superior intellect :)…

jimver on October 31, 2012 at 1:45 AM

thatsafactjack on October 31, 2012 at 1:44 AM

Sure, says the lady who went by Jack. Lol!

Bmore on October 31, 2012 at 1:46 AM

libfreeordie on October 30, 2012 at 11:38 PM

A sad thing, really, to see someone who couldn’t quite fly over the cuckoo’s nest. Nurse Ratched will be in to see you shortly.

TXUS on October 31, 2012 at 1:47 AM

jimver on October 31, 2012 at 1:45 AM

It was so funny. Makes me laugh just thinking about it. Good times! ; )

Bmore on October 31, 2012 at 1:47 AM

Cold, Cold, Feeling – Albert Collins

thatsafactjack on October 31, 2012 at 1:47 AM

Maybe I should spell castrattie this way. Hmmm…..

Bmore on October 31, 2012 at 1:45 AM

it’s castrati…

jimver on October 31, 2012 at 1:47 AM

it’s castrati…

jimver on October 31, 2012 at 1:47 AM

That even looks correct. Thank you jimver. ; ) Unfortunately I’m not nearly as smart as little libbie. Not nearly as funny either. Lol!

Bmore on October 31, 2012 at 1:49 AM

Newt says Romney +6 Pop., > 300 EV.

God, let Newt be right!

RedCrow on October 31, 2012 at 1:49 AM

Bmore on October 31, 2012 at 1:46 AM

LOL! But look how well you all got to know me before hand, and what a nice surprise it was when I finally revealed the truth. :)

thatsafactjack on October 31, 2012 at 1:50 AM

Well friends, its that time for ole Bmore. I’m signing off with a repeat. Mainly because this thread is about storms.

Good Night All.

Bmore on October 31, 2012 at 1:51 AM

it’s castrati…

jimver on October 31, 2012 at 1:47 AM

Bmore on October 31, 2012 at 1:49 AM

Of course, “castrati” would be plural.
“Castrato” is the singular.

(PS–Sorry to be a prickly stickler.)

RedCrow on October 31, 2012 at 1:51 AM

thatsafactjack on October 31, 2012 at 1:50 AM

No denying that. Good Night Jackie. See you tomorrow. ; )

Bmore on October 31, 2012 at 1:52 AM

Bmore on October 31, 2012 at 1:49 AM

Goodnight, Bmore. Sleep well, and thanks. :)

thatsafactjack on October 31, 2012 at 1:52 AM

Two days later, he met the bodies when they were returned to this country, and took off for more campaign events.

Instead of admitting the attacks had been planned by al Qaeda, (which would have compromised his claim it had died along with bin Laden, but allowed the country to rally around him against its old enemy), Obama floated the claim that the riots erupted in rage against a 12-minute video made in America that very few people had ever seen. This was met with derision, and further tales of chaos concerning behavior before and during the crises eroded his foreign policy cred. An event that might have been made him look taller — a rally-around-the-flag moment — is instead becoming a Watergate/Chappaquiddick occasion, replete with cover-ups, cowardice, confusion and a politician in trouble, attempting to save his own skin.

By saving his skin, he’s looking to lose it. Had he chosen well, he might now be cruising to victory. He didn’t. He’s not.

Just for HAL and the other Axelturds

Schadenfreude on October 31, 2012 at 1:52 AM

it’s castrati…

jimver on October 31, 2012 at 1:47 AM

Bmore on October 31, 2012 at 1:49 AM

Of course, “castrati” would be plural.
“Castrato” is the singular.

Nit-picking, I know.

RedCrow on October 31, 2012 at 1:53 AM

HotAirLib on October 31, 2012 at 1:30 AM

That was the lamest retort I’ve ever seen. Ever.

Pitiful pitiful troll. What purpose do you think you serve here? You don’t bring any intellectual argument for your side to the table.

AZfederalist on October 31, 2012 at 1:53 AM

Why Worry – Dire Straits

thatsafactjack on October 31, 2012 at 1:55 AM

Time to sign off. Actually well past time, but Mrs. Federalist was watching Covert Affairs, so bed time has been delayed.

AZfederalist on October 31, 2012 at 1:55 AM

jimver on October 31, 2012 at 1:45 AM

Yep. Just you wait until she winds up, and you feel the full force of her command of the English language!

She claimed that we hadn’t felt it yet. I commented that I wondered what it took to engage it. No reply.

RedCrow on October 31, 2012 at 1:56 AM

AZfederalist on October 31, 2012 at 1:55 AM

Goodnight, AZ. Sleep well. :)

thatsafactjack on October 31, 2012 at 1:56 AM

Yeah, I gotta go, too.
GO R&R!!

RedCrow on October 31, 2012 at 1:58 AM

I, too, must bid you all a fond goodnight. It’s been a pleasure, as always. Sleep well.

SIX MORE DAYS! :)

thatsafactjack on October 31, 2012 at 1:58 AM

Bmore on October 31, 2012 at 1:49 AM

his humor is involuntary for most part :-), shh, don’t tell him that…

jimver on October 31, 2012 at 2:03 AM

Of course, “castrati” would be plural.
“Castrato” is the singular.

Nit-picking, I know.

RedCrow on October 31, 2012 at 1:53 AM

yes, no doubt, but I thought he meant to write the noun in the plural, by the way he spelled it. Obviously I haven’t seen his previous posts.

jimver on October 31, 2012 at 2:07 AM

I had to finish the Newt clip that canopfor linked over an hour ago.

Newt says Ohio belongs to Romney. (Newt smiles and laughs at odd times during the interview. If he wasn’t so smart, I’d call it Bidenesque.)

Newt reminded me of something I meant to say in my first comment on this thread tonight. (I knew that I was forgetting something!)

So, people were worried that the big storm was taking Benghazi off of the table for Odumbo. I meant to remind all of you good folks about Odumbo’s foreign web site contributions.

All of that was a story for a couple of days about two weeks ago! Now?? It seems as if it’s been forgotten! This is a big deal, in my opinion. It should be revived. An American presidential candidate cannot take contributions from foreigners–no matter how much he agrees with them politically.

REVIVE THIS ISSUE, please.

G’night.

RedCrow on October 31, 2012 at 2:20 AM

“Newt says Ohio belongs to Romney.”

Sure it does, lol!

Bye Bye Ohio…

NumbersMuncher ‏@NumbersMuncher
Q says Ohio is 50-45 Obama w/ FL and VA essentially tied. Last OH was O+5, VA was O+5, FL O+9. More details tomorrow.

gumbyandpokey on October 31, 2012 at 2:28 AM

BTW, Haley Barbour was on Fox just drooling over how well Obama is doing with the hurricane effort. I think some Republicans see the writing on the wall and are trying to get on the President’s good side.

gumbyandpokey on October 31, 2012 at 2:29 AM

Scorching testimony on Benghazi from a former Assistant Sec. Def. on Greta.

WOW!

gumby! You came in after everybody went to bed! You trooper!
And sooo brave…in your short pants.

RedCrow on October 31, 2012 at 2:39 AM

PS, Gumby…

Did you have anything to say about Odumbo’s illegal acceptance of foreign contributions in a US election?
I thought not.
(Dumbass.)

RedCrow on October 31, 2012 at 2:41 AM

Did you leave, coward?
Or, just on the phone to Axelf*ck to get your retort?

Gumby, tell your masters that HA deserves better trolls for the next election, not weak sissified pansies like you!

Pansies who run off crying at every sign of resistance.

It’s people like you, gumby, that make this nation weak. I, for one, hope that you find a nice, weak nation to emigrate to after Romney’s victory next Tuesday.

(Also, smarter trolls. ‘Cause you’re dumb as rocks.)

RedCrow on October 31, 2012 at 2:51 AM

poor gumby didn’t get numbermunchers very next tweet:

I said it earlier – Q polls are the best state polls for O all year. Time will tell in a week,but VA/FL dont move 5-9 pts and OH stays still

here’s the deal gumby…Q reported big moves toward R in FL and VA since the last poll…but OH was the same +5 for O.

so what he is saying is that it is a little, well, odd

r keller on October 31, 2012 at 2:57 AM

I have a quote of the day for you… Obama sucks… Hows that for a quote of the day…

SWalker on October 30, 2012 at 11:05 PM

It’s what I feel every day.

I have been watching the pundits/polls/idiots for months now, and it seems we’re still too close to call?

What do people see in this man?

ccrosby on October 30, 2012 at 11:15 PM

They are by and large just “useful idiots” who project all their wants and desires onto this inexperienced charlatan, Barack Hussein Obama. The man himself is an empty suit, but people want to believe in him. Sometimes, that’s all it takes.

long_cat on October 31, 2012 at 3:06 AM

@NumbersMuncher
Their last poll there was O+9, cut to under half. RT @ConArtCritic Franklin Marshall poll 48 Obama 44 Romney Pennsylvania

So in that poll Romney is down 4 in PA, BUT check this out…The D/R/I is 50/37/11

Ha, WTF? I highly doubt that PA is D+13 or that Dems make up half of the electorate…

jaygatz33 on October 31, 2012 at 3:09 AM

Balls to The Wall.

Ugly on October 31, 2012 at 5:13 AM

Balls to The Wall.

Ugly on October 31, 2012 at 5:13 AM

Great song by an underrated band!

Anti-Control on October 31, 2012 at 5:40 AM

lsm in a frenzy about jjeepgate

cmsinaz on October 31, 2012 at 6:16 AM

Obama Intentionally Mocks Death Of Ambassador, SEALs In Hurricane Speech: ‘We Leave Nobody Behind’

For almost a week, the biggest criticism he faced, the talk of the nation, was that he left Stevens et al behind to die. Obviously, he was well aware of that fact.

This statement was no accident. This was a ‘f@ck you’.

Capt-Dax on October 31, 2012 at 6:17 AM

halperin defending mitt…thanks

cmsinaz on October 31, 2012 at 6:17 AM

jeepgate points to desperation according to morning joe and crew

puhleeze

cmsinaz on October 31, 2012 at 6:18 AM

they are finally talking about oversampling dems…what took them so long

cmsinaz on October 31, 2012 at 6:21 AM

Morning.
I think the one and only person who sits on the Moaning Joe crew and scoffs at what the Valerie Jarrett script is for that morning is Mark Halperin. Schmoe gladly goes along with what he is told by his MSNBC bosses to save his ass.

Mark Halperin: “Elections are won every time by which way the independents are breaking. Every poll shows them breaking to Romney.”

WOW, how’d that get through this morning’s Obama pep-me-up rally?

Marcus on October 31, 2012 at 6:23 AM

True leaders also don’t wait until two weeks before Election Day – in the form of a 20-page booklet, no less – to lay out a specific agenda for the next four years.

Nashua Telegraph has the largest circulation among newspapers published in NH.

bayview on October 31, 2012 at 6:35 AM