NPR poll: Romney up 1 over Obama

posted at 8:51 am on October 30, 2012 by Ed Morrissey

Hope you like this NPR/Democracy Corps poll, because it may be the last national poll we see for a while.  With Hurricane Sandy battering the upper Northeast, polling in the region will be impossible until at least the weekend, and possibly through Election Day.  Without access to that part of the electorate, national polls will be undeniably incomplete.  From here on in, it’s going to be nothing but battleground-state polling.

So why not wrap up national polling on a high note?  In this survey conducted at least in part by James Carville’s group, Mitt Romney leads Barack Obama by a point, 49/48, on a national basis.  On the other hand, their survey in battleground states (a subgroup of the overall sample) shows Obama up four, 50/46.

So what gives?  The national sample has a D+4 tilt, with a D/R/I of 35/31/34.  The battleground sample, however, has a D+9 tilt at 40/31/27.  In what reality does the Democratic advantage increase in battleground states to a margin wider than the 2008 turnout advantage?  I’m guessing only in NPR/Carville World.

The internals have more bad news for Team Obama.  Independents break hard nationally for Romney, 51/39.  In fact, only 29% of independents are certain to vote for Obama, a disastrously low number for the incumbent in any election cycle, especially with just seven days to go.  Independents are harshly critical of Obama’s job performance, with a 42/54 approval rating that consists of only 17% strongly approving and 44% strongly disapproving.  They’re even tougher on his economic performance at 39/60.\

The debates turned out to be Obama’s breaking point.  Romney won converts at six points higher than Obama from the debates, 34/28 overall, but won by 16 points among independents at 37/21.  Even in the ridiculously tilted battleground sample, Romney won by five at 33/28.

Compare this with Guy’s analysis of the Gallup poll, and this sounds like a recipe for a significant win for Romney in one week.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Still trending Romney.

hawkdriver on October 30, 2012 at 8:53 AM

The individual states polling still is a concern.

BTW, I wanted to call Bishop, but since I’m inland NC and not yet hampered by the storm, I thought it unfair.

hawkdriver on October 30, 2012 at 8:54 AM

Goodness gracious sakes alive!! Romney LEADING in an NPR poll?!

Khun Joe on October 30, 2012 at 8:55 AM

Every day I feel more excited about the election. I feel very good about Romney’s chances… So much better than I felt four years ago.

bluegill on October 30, 2012 at 8:55 AM

Don’t get my hopes up, don’t get my hopes up, don’t get my hopes up…

Aw heck, I can’t help it. Still, don’t get cocky folks.

Pope Linus on October 30, 2012 at 8:56 AM

Democracy Corpse?

Akzed on October 30, 2012 at 8:56 AM

Gumby?

Electrongod on October 30, 2012 at 8:57 AM

Obama looks to Appoint Romney Secretary of Business.

seven on October 30, 2012 at 8:58 AM

The polls are little better than ‘white noise’… screw’em.

Just vote, and let the devil take the hindmost.

CPT. Charles on October 30, 2012 at 8:59 AM

The individual states polling still is a concern.

hawkdriver on October 30, 2012 at 8:54 AM

Not really. If it takes a D+9 sample to put Obama up, I think Romney will do just fine next Tuesday.

Doughboy on October 30, 2012 at 9:01 AM

I’m guessing only in NPR/Carville World.

A scary, scary place.

BUT – one in which our animated little clay boy will be along shortly to try to convince us how wonderful it is to live there.

Flora Duh on October 30, 2012 at 9:01 AM

How about this little gem?

CNN political reporter not happy about favorable Romney coverage

There was a time when news reporters who covered politics were expected to keep their partisan leanings or preferences to themselves. That time is nearly gone.

Over the past 20 years or so, when a new generation of reporters came on the scene, the principle of maintaining a neutral façade slowly but surely began to erode.

And now, in the age of Twitter, we see political reporters increasingly not only taking advantage of the new technology to get information out to their readers faster, but also expressing their personal partisan opinions on what they are seeing and hearing out on the campaign trail.

Late last week, CNN political reporter Peter Hamby clearly showed his partisan stripes by tweeting his apparent irritation at a flurry of Tweets he must have received from Mitt Romney staffers and supporters gleefully trumpeting the front page of last Thursday’s Des Moines Register. In response, he sent out a snarky Tweet of his own, “any Romney/RNC staffers not tweeted Des Moines Register front page yet? @KevinMaddenDC is keeping score,” he tweeted.

The Kevin Madden referred to by Hamby in the tweet is a Romney adviser and press spokesman. All in all, it didn’t look good for Hamby’s neutrality.

The Register front page in question featured side-by-side articles on President Obama and Romney both campaigning in Iowa the day before. The pictures and headlines showed sharply contrasting images and messages:

• “Obama Sharpens Criticism,” said the headline on the Obama article.
• “Romney Expresses Optimism,” said the headline on the Romney article.

Also, the Obama picture showed the president standing in a crowd and glaring back out of the corners of his eyes. The Romney picture featured a smiling Republican challenger greeting supporters.

Not surprisingly, Romney supporters were delighted with the obviously better treatment of their candidate by the leading newspaper in Iowa, a critical swing state where the race is neck and neck. Hamby apparently did not share their glee.

This latest flap comes on the heels of an earlier controversy in which Hamby in September was accused of partisanship when he tweeted to his followers a link to an Obama campaign donation page.

But Hamby is not alone is letting his partisanship show. We see it quite often in Tweets by reporters reacting to on-the-spot events. It is not becoming, and hurts reporter credibility, not especially high these days. News reporters need all the reader and viewer trust they can get.

Since Hamby’s snippy Tweet, the Des Moines Register came out this weekend and endorsed Romney. No word so far on whether Hamby was miffed by that, too. If there is a lesson in this, it is that for political reporters, Twitter should be a non-partisan zone.

And reporters should keep their politics to themselves.

How long?………maybe later this morning until the media starts clamoring for the election to be postponed to be “fair” to voters on the east coast? And then the PRESSURE WILL BUILD ON ROMNEY to be “FAIR”.

You think NPR and CNN would go along with that pressure though? nnnnnnahhhhhh, they wouldn’t do that. They’re non-partisan.

After all they are JOURNOLISTS.

PappyD61 on October 30, 2012 at 9:01 AM

Any D+ anything poll is garbage. Dems and Indies aren’t voting for Obama because he didn’t live up to their expectations. Reps aren’t voting for Obama because he did live up to their expectations

CrustyB on October 30, 2012 at 9:02 AM

Who did Big Bird go for?

bayview on October 30, 2012 at 9:04 AM

Keep going, Mitt! Straight on through the Finish Line.

I pray that next Wednesday morning will be “Morning in America…Again!”

kingsjester on October 30, 2012 at 9:05 AM

Hope you like this NPR/Democracy Corps poll, because it may be the last national poll we see, since Romney is battering Obama.

Fixed it for you.

drunyan8315 on October 30, 2012 at 9:06 AM

This is the Reagan-Carter race “tightening”. Someone pull out that headline from 1980.

Marcus on October 30, 2012 at 9:07 AM

at least Barry has binders full of speaking engagements lined up

Slade73 on October 30, 2012 at 9:08 AM

And reporters should keep their politics to themselves.

After all they are JOURNOLISTS.
PappyD61 on October 30, 2012 at 9:01 AM

Reporters and TV show hosts like Soledad O’Brien should have to disclose their political orientations.

bluegill on October 30, 2012 at 9:08 AM

The polls are little better than ‘white noise’… screw’em.

Just vote, and let the devil take the hindmost.

CPT. Charles on October 30, 2012 at 8:59 AM

Mitt’s up 1 in a D+4 poll in a R+3 to R+5 election. The Dems know Obama’s finished. Mika and Joe had a delightful lover’s quarrel this morning when Joe said Obama has nothing. There was not a word of protest from his exclusively in the tank for Obama panel. I will be tuned into MSNBC on election night and the following day to relish the anguish of these dishonest hyper-partisan fools.

Of course Joe also said Mitt has nothing, but that’s another story.

Basilsbest on October 30, 2012 at 9:11 AM

The individual states polling still is a concern.

hawkdriver on October 30, 2012 at 8:54 AM

Life isn’t fair, Bird Man, grab the ring when you can and don’t be sorry about it.

FIRST!

Bishop on October 30, 2012 at 9:11 AM

Why would they do D+9 in swing states? Do they really think the D GOTV is that good in those states?

MeatHeadinCA on October 30, 2012 at 9:12 AM

hawkdriver on October 30, 2012 at 8:54 AM

Doughboy on October 30, 2012 at 9:01 AM

I’m just not taking a thing for granted till it’s over, DB.

hawkdriver on October 30, 2012 at 9:12 AM

bluegill on October 30, 2012

I know what you mean. As for me, I’m nervous and worried. Four years ago I looked for every positive sign I could find to try and “hope” McCain to victory. This time things look positive, but I keep going back to the day the Supreme Court made its horrendously awful Obamacare ruling…completely against conventional wisdom, and I get all worried again.

I guess I’ll just keep my sleeves rolled up and work to the end. One thing is for certain, I don’t want to feel all happy and positive and jinx the whole thing, where we end up with a new “Dewey defeats Truman” scenario.

Ugh, all this angst!

JonPrichard on October 30, 2012 at 9:12 AM

As far as the election being delayed because of the East coast storm, you could pretty much concede New York, Connecticut and New Jersey to Obama right off the bat and Romney would still win.

BettyRuth on October 30, 2012 at 9:13 AM

bluegill on October 30, 2012 at 9:08 AM

About as necessary as disclosing their gender.

Basilsbest on October 30, 2012 at 9:13 AM

Did the NPR host use their soft, breathy, concerned-liberal voice to announce this, the voice where you’re like “What? I can’t hear you!” and forces you to turn up the volume.

Bishop on October 30, 2012 at 9:13 AM

And reporters should keep their politics to themselves.

PappyD61 on October 30, 2012 at 9:01 AM

“I’ve worked in the mainstream media for all the networks and I will say what people aren’t saying. It’s got a liberal world view. There are great people working at the networks, and they’re mostly democrats, ok?

I think honestly what needs to happen, is we need to stop pretending about who we are and every journalist should tell us what their political affiliation is, who they voted for, and we go from there.” ~ MSNBC’s Mika Brzezinski

Flora Duh on October 30, 2012 at 9:13 AM

The internals have more bad news for Team Obama. Independents break hard nationally for Romney, 51/39. In fact, only 29% of independents are certain to vote for Obama, a disastrously low number for the incumbent in any election cycle, especially with just seven days to go. Independents are harshly critical of Obama’s job performance, with a 42/54 approval rating that consists of only 17% strongly approving and 44% strongly disapproving. They’re even tougher on his economic performance at 39/60.\

Another day, another bad poll for Obama. Democrats know that the end is near for them. It is easy to understand why they aren’t as excited to vote this year.

Obama has been a disastrous failure as president, so it is no wonder that he also has a disastrously low job approval rating among independents.

bluegill on October 30, 2012 at 9:13 AM

Optimistic

Just dont trust this admin due to sandy

cmsinaz on October 30, 2012 at 9:14 AM

So what gives? The national sample has a D+4 tilt, with a D/R/I of 35/31/34. The battleground sample, however, has a D+9 tilt at 40/31/27.

Done with this one.

forest on October 30, 2012 at 9:14 AM

I’m just not taking a thing for granted till it’s over, DB.

hawkdriver on October 30, 2012 at 9:12 AM

Me neither. Believe me, this next week is gonna be grueling. I expect Romney to win, but my heart will be pounding til next Tuesday. And I voted on Saturday, so even the excitement over that has already passed.

Doughboy on October 30, 2012 at 9:15 AM

About as necessary as disclosing their gender.

Basilsbest on October 30, 2012 at 9:13

Where do we go with Rachel Maddow? (a cheap shot, I know, but I really think she’s a hideous person overall)

BettyRuth on October 30, 2012 at 9:15 AM

The polls are little better than ‘white noise’… screw’em.

Just vote, and let the devil take the hindmost.

CPT. Charles on October 30, 2012 at 8:59 AM

Agree, the only poll that matters is the one taken on 6 NOV. Everything else is just a dog and pony show to talk about.

seymour01 on October 30, 2012 at 9:15 AM

Bishop on October 30, 2012 at 9:13 AM

heh. Have you ever heard Dana Loesch imitate the NPR newsreaders? She nails it perfectly.

Flora Duh on October 30, 2012 at 9:15 AM

I wonder how many of our Trolls are without electricity?

kingsjester on October 30, 2012 at 9:16 AM

MeatHeadinCA on October 30, 2012 at 9:12 AM

No. These are push polls. Read Bernie Goldberg’s book BIAS for an insider’s revelation as to how the Corrupt Media operates.

Basilsbest on October 30, 2012 at 9:18 AM

Keep fighting, get your friends and family to vote R&R and volunteer and donate if you can!

Need to make this victory fraud-proof!

Anonimo on October 30, 2012 at 9:19 AM

BettyRuth on October 30, 2012 at 9:15 AM

The name MadCow hints that she is female.

bayview on October 30, 2012 at 9:19 AM

Somewhere, in ObamaforAmerica store fronts, at local Democrat Party offices, and in basements all across America, hundreds of loyal Obamatrons are fast and furiously filling out thousands and thousands of ballots and stuffing them into car trunks in precincts all across the land…just in case.

If the election is close, within a few points, prepare for announcements from Ohio, Pennsylvania, Colorado and other states that somehow another car full of ballots was found, somehow forgotten, lost, misplaced, delayed, in the waning hours of election day.

Obama lose?

C’mon, America, this is Obama. The One. The coolest prezdit, evah. Obama is awesome, right?

Hope next Tuesday ends up with Obama being rejected by a huge margin…really huge.

Too huge for fraud to make up the difference.

coldwarrior on October 30, 2012 at 9:19 AM

Flora Duh on October 30, 2012 at 9:15 AM

No I haven’t, but one of my guys in the shop has it nailed down too. He will talk about something inane like sweeping up metal chips and have us all laughing. I should look on YT for a Loesch bit.

Bishop on October 30, 2012 at 9:19 AM

I wonder how many of our Trolls are without electricity?
kingsjester on October 30, 2012 at 9:16 AM

What? Axelrod doesn’t have a generator?

MeatHeadinCA on October 30, 2012 at 9:19 AM

JonPrichard on October 30, 2012 at 9:12 AM

The Supreme Court ruling has nothing to do with the election… except helping the GOTV effort for Romney. I know what you’re saying about conventional wisdom, but it’s just a completely different scenario for reasons I don’t need to elucidate.

You know this, man! Do not be troubled. Make phone calls for Mitt, unless you live in a swing state then bang on doors! We’ve got this, at this point it’s about pushing the narrative. The bigger the win, the clearer the narrative.

happytobehere on October 30, 2012 at 9:19 AM

So why not wrap up national polling on a high note? In this survey conducted at least in part by James Carville’s group, Mitt Romney leads Barack Obama by a point, 49/48, on a national basis. On the other hand, their survey in battleground states (a subgroup of the overall sample) shows Obama up four, 50/46.
So what gives?
– Ed

Yea, what gives?
Hmmm…
Follow Ed now as he (again) fully rationalizes and accepts poll results favorable to Romney…while at the same time critiques and dismisses polls favorable to Obama.
Even when they come from the same source!
Ha.

Polls Schmollz.

verbaluce on October 30, 2012 at 9:20 AM

Bishop on October 30, 2012 at 9:13 AM

I had a boss in college that made me listen to NPR. Between the voice and the music – it was enough to drive you freaking crazy.

gophergirl on October 30, 2012 at 9:20 AM

I wonder how many of our Trolls are without electricity?

kingsjester on October 30, 2012 at 9:16 AM

I was wondering that about the little clay boy. This thread has been up for 30 minutes and he’s not here yet. I do hope he’s ok, and I mean that sincerely.

Flora Duh on October 30, 2012 at 9:22 AM

GALLUP: ROMNEY UP 52-45% AMONG EARLY VOTERS

BREAKING:

DoJ seeks injunction against early voting in all 50 states; says results wildly different than expected; will file to have all early votes discarded

BobMbx on October 30, 2012 at 9:23 AM

Polls Schmollz.

verbaluce on October 30, 2012 at 9:20 AM

My…how the worm has turned.

Kleenex?

kingsjester on October 30, 2012 at 9:23 AM

I panicked when I saw that Romney was only up by 1. And then I noticed that the headline said “NPR,” not “NRA.” (Not even sure how I got that mixed up…)

Mr. Prodigy on October 30, 2012 at 9:24 AM

gophergirl on October 30, 2012 at 9:20 AM

Daniel Schorr. He was the best to listen to because it sounded like he put an entire baked potato in his mouth before speaking.

“Zishhh ishhh Daniau Shoorrrrr”

Bishop on October 30, 2012 at 9:24 AM

Gumby?

Electrongod on October 30, 2012 at 8:57 AM

…its busy chasing a herd of goats for something…I don’t know what for…but they’re all running and bleating in terror!

KOOLAID2 on October 30, 2012 at 9:24 AM

Need to make this victory fraud-proof!
Anonimo on October 30, 2012 at 9:19 AM

Emailed some non-Obama-supporting relatives in OH yesterday.

MeatHeadinCA on October 30, 2012 at 9:25 AM

Need to make this victory fraud-proof!

Anonimo on October 30, 2012 at 9:19 AM

My mom, a registered Democrat, informed me on Saturday that she’s voting for Romney.

Not because of Romney, but because of what “that nice young man, Paul Ryan, said about saving Social Security for his mother.”

Flora Duh on October 30, 2012 at 9:26 AM

What? Axelrod doesn’t have a generator?

MeatHeadinCA on October 30, 2012 at 9:19 AM

Kinda funny… A local Chicago TV station was taking a skype report from a reporter out on the East Coast this morning. The reporter had a generator and her lights were on in the background of what looked like a very, very nice house. After she signed off, the local reporter said, Whoa! Did you see that house? I want a tour next time. Oops!

Fallon on October 30, 2012 at 9:26 AM

I wonder how many of our Trolls are without electricity?

kingsjester on October 30, 2012 at 9:16 AM

…how many are in flooded basements?

KOOLAID2 on October 30, 2012 at 9:26 AM

ALL results are based on 1000 weighted cases, MoE = ±3.10 percent. REP results are based on 306 respondents, MoE = ±5.60
percent. IND results are based on 309 respondents, MoE = ±5.58 percent. DEM results are based on 370 respondents, MoE =
±5.09 percent. BAT results are based on 462 respondents in 12 battleground states – CO, FL, IA, MI, NV, NH, NM, NC, OH,
PA, VA, and WI – MoE = ±4.56 percent. Totals may not equal 100 percent due to rounding.

Ed, how did 370 D/306 R/309 I translate to 35D/31R/34I?

bayview on October 30, 2012 at 9:27 AM

Mr. Prodigy on October 30, 2012 at 9:24 AM

I was thinking “NRO”

Marcus on October 30, 2012 at 9:28 AM

Yea, what gives?
Hmmm…
Even when they come from the same source!
Ha.
Polls Schmollz.
verbaluce on October 30, 2012 at 9:20 AM

The methodology is strange, though. Why would there be a D+9 turnout in battleground states?

MeatHeadinCA on October 30, 2012 at 9:28 AM

Flashback 1 year…
How many of us would have predicted this?
How many of us would have been thrilled at being this close?

Can’t count myself in either group.
But now, I can hardly wait for the Mitt-ster to take office.

connertown on October 30, 2012 at 9:28 AM

Mr. Prodigy on October 30, 2012 at 9:24 AM

HAHA. That would be quite a fright. Speaking of which, one of the best parts about Romney winning this thing will be making firearms and ammo somewhat affordable again. I’ve had my eye on a new handgun for some time now and the price has gone up about 50% over the last year!

happytobehere on October 30, 2012 at 9:28 AM

Bishop on October 30, 2012 at 9:13 AM

Yes, it’s the highbrow, “aren’t I such an intellectual” way to speak.

It’s funny when NPR fans talk like that in real life when they are trying to sound so intelligent and cultured. They usually put the phrase “sort of” after every two words.

For example:

There was a, sort of, black, sort of, cat which, sort of, crossed the street in a, sort of, strange, sort of, manner. “Sort of” is the pretentious person’s “um,” and they use it a lot.

bluegill on October 30, 2012 at 9:29 AM

Fallon on October 30, 2012 at 9:26 AM

In the era of Occupy and ACORN, kinda scary.

MeatHeadinCA on October 30, 2012 at 9:30 AM

They just keep rigging the polls to make the election seem closer than it really is. D +9 in the swing states? Holy crap.

eyedoc on October 30, 2012 at 9:31 AM

“Agree, the only poll that matters is the one taken on 6 NOV”

Thank you for the loser’s lament. If Romney supporters are saying this, he’s a goner.

gumbyandpokey on October 30, 2012 at 9:31 AM

Flashback 1 year…
How many of us would have predicted this?
How many of us would have been thrilled at being this close?

Can’t count myself in either group.
But now, I can hardly wait for the Mitt-ster to take office.

connertown on October 30, 2012 at 9:28 AM

I always believed a majority of Americans wanted Obama to get run, but I never thought that Mitt was our best shot at beating him. That first debate is gonna be remembered for a long time.

Doughboy on October 30, 2012 at 9:32 AM

First!
Bishop!
Gumby!

rogerb on October 30, 2012 at 9:32 AM

Flora Duh on October 30, 2012 at 9:26 AM

Yep. In-laws went for Obama in ’08, but are voting for Romney this time. This is happening all over the country. I have another friend in a swing state that’s in the same situation. And they’re fired-up about the vote. All the die-hard libs I know are concerned.

happytobehere on October 30, 2012 at 9:32 AM

…how many are in flooded basements?

KOOLAID2 on October 30, 2012 at 9:26 AM

No, the trolls live in the subways. They probably all got electrocuted on the third rail.

eyedoc on October 30, 2012 at 9:33 AM

“Agree, the only poll that matters is the one taken on 6 NOV”

gumbyandpokey on October 30, 2012 at 9:31 AM

You do realize that that is true? Biden could even say it’s literally true and he’d be right!

happytobehere on October 30, 2012 at 9:34 AM

bluegill on October 30, 2012 at 9:29 AM

It’s even better when they affect that accent, the one which is a kind of hybrid of American east coast elite and west-end Londoner.

Dude…you’re from Minneapolis….knock it off with the accent.

Bishop on October 30, 2012 at 9:34 AM

Bishop on October 30, 2012 at 9:13 AM

I do listen to NPR. (I like to keep an ear on what they are up to and scoff at their bias.) But, when I turn back to catch some talk radio, it blasts my ears off because I’ve had to turn the volume so far up to hear NPR. Why do they do that? Why do they whisper? It’s as infuriating as their political content.

Fallon on October 30, 2012 at 9:34 AM

Flora Duh on October 30, 2012 at 9:22 AM

…see!…there are sweet people here!…and you’re one of them!

…I was hoping it was up to its private parts in cold water in moms flooded basement… being stubborn and stupid…trying to pound on its plugged in unit and lighting up its hair!

KOOLAID2 on October 30, 2012 at 9:35 AM

happytobehere on October 30, 2012 at 9:32 AM

I’ve seen registered Dems say our country is in danger with a second Obama term.

MeatHeadinCA on October 30, 2012 at 9:35 AM

MeatHeadinCA on October 30, 2012 at 9:28 AM

If it is D+9, WHY is it a BATTLEGROUND state? Makes it even worse, doesn’t it?

seymour01 on October 30, 2012 at 9:35 AM

KOOLAID2 on October 30, 2012 at 9:35 AM

That’s just not right…but it’s funny! LOL.

kingsjester on October 30, 2012 at 9:36 AM

happytobehere on October 30, 2012 at 9:34 AM

Don’t waste your time.

eyedoc on October 30, 2012 at 9:36 AM

I believe that there were a a lot of voters who wanted to be in on something historic in 2008, that now have extreme buyer’s remorse, and are voting for Romney.

kingsjester on October 30, 2012 at 9:37 AM

Who did Big Bird go for?bayview on October 30, 2012 at 9:04 AM

Big Bird laid an egg and it’s all over Obama’s face.

Uniblogger on October 30, 2012 at 9:37 AM

gumbyandpokey on October 30, 2012 at 9:31 AM

You’re alive! Have you seen libordie? Is he okay?

We worry about our trolls when the water rises under the bridges.

Fallon on October 30, 2012 at 9:37 AM

MeatHeadinCA on October 30, 2012 at 9:28 AM

You answered your own question. The poll is rigged to make the election look close.

eyedoc on October 30, 2012 at 9:37 AM

You know, with millions of people in the Northeast without power or transportation for the next week, they might not be able to get to the polls to Vote for Obama. He could ask Congress, in the spirit of putting Politics aside and coming together as a nation, to put the election off untill everyone has been helped and has an equal opportunity to vote.

Just saying…

Gadsden

GadsdenRattlers on October 30, 2012 at 9:37 AM

he’s a goner.

gumbyandpokey on October 30, 2012 at 9:31 AM

…yep!…someone took their morning sh!t…and there it is for all of us to see!
Next time… flush!

KOOLAID2 on October 30, 2012 at 9:39 AM

“Agree, the only poll that matters is the one taken on 6 NOV”

gumbyandpokey on October 30, 2012 at 9:31 AM

David Axelrod said the same thing.

Mitsouko on October 30, 2012 at 9:40 AM

Agree, the only poll that matters is the one taken on 6 NOV”

gumbyandpokey on October 30, 2012 at 9:31 AM

HHHmmmmm….that wasn’t a loser lament. Just saying that opinion polls, no matter how they swing, matter. The only one that does, is on 6 NOV. Everything else, no matter how good or bad, is just noise. And that is jsut my opinion, until 6 NOV.

seymour01 on October 30, 2012 at 9:40 AM

If it is D+9, WHY is it a BATTLEGROUND state? Makes it even worse, doesn’t it?
seymour01 on October 30, 2012 at 9:35 AM

Yup.

MeatHeadinCA on October 30, 2012 at 9:41 AM

While that event was instructive about managing expectations let’s keep in mind it came down to the decision of one man. Next Tuesday’s decision will come from tens of millions of people – far easier to poll and predict.

Uncledave on October 30, 2012 at 9:41 AM

gophergirl on October 30, 2012 at 9:20 AM

“Zishhh ishhh Daniau Shoorrrrr”

Bishop on October 30, 2012 at 9:24 AM

“Schwetty Balls!” Likely the only great thing Alec Baldwin has ever done.

Lourdes on October 30, 2012 at 9:41 AM

Fallon on October 30, 2012 at 9:34 AM

I don’t know. But I’ve been interviewed a few times on NPR and I’ve gotta say, when you’re in that booth with those folks you just want to talk real quiet and right up next to the mic. Listening back to the interview afterwards, I was shocked at how much I sounded like them! It’s something about the atmosphere they create and the way they ask questions in such a hushed manner.

It’s the opposite of an interview I did on a local FM station. The guys were all boisterous and loose, it’s a very different experience.

happytobehere on October 30, 2012 at 9:43 AM

@NumbersMuncher

Rasmussen stays Romney+2, 49-47. I dont know if they’ll release the crosstabs w/ the storm, but thats the topline.

Flora Duh on October 30, 2012 at 9:46 AM

gumbyandpokey on October 30, 2012 at 9:31 AM

You’re alive! Have you seen libordie? Is he okay?
We worry about our trolls when the water rises under the bridges.
Fallon on October 30, 2012 at 9:37 AM

Hehe.

bluegill on October 30, 2012 at 9:46 AM

Obama at only 47% in Oregon. There’s that 47% number again.

NotCoach on October 30, 2012 at 9:50 AM

Flashback 1 year…
How many of us would have predicted this?
How many of us would have been thrilled at being this close?

Can’t count myself in either group.
But now, I can hardly wait for the Mitt-ster to take office.

connertown on October 30, 2012 at 9:28 AM

Well, I’m one who was for Romney early on, for just the results we’re seeing today. No gloating but I sure have taken a lot of hits here in Hot Air over the years about it. Also Paul Ryan, who I was rooting for a while ago for V.P.

O.K., well, just a little gloating.

Lourdes on October 30, 2012 at 9:51 AM

Agree, the only poll that matters is the one taken on 6 NOV”
Thank you for the loser’s lament.
gumbyandpokey on October 30, 2012 at 9:31 AM

David Axelrod said the same thing.
Mitsouko on October 30, 2012 at 9:40 AM

Just like Gumby, Axelrod knows that Obama is a goner.

bluegill on October 30, 2012 at 9:51 AM

Toss it in the rubbish bin, national sample is only d+4.

akaniku on October 30, 2012 at 9:51 AM

What about urban elitist???

MeatHeadinCA on October 30, 2012 at 9:52 AM

Toss it in the rubbish bin, national sample is only d+4.

akaniku on October 30, 2012 at 9:51 AM

You tell ‘em ole’ wise one.

You and gumby are the best!

cozmo on October 30, 2012 at 9:53 AM

Obama at only 47% in Oregon. There’s that 47% number again.

NotCoach on October 30, 2012 at 9:50 AM

Love it! Even in swing states where Obama is “up” he’s not breaking 50%. It’s gonna be a heckuva night in November!

happytobehere on October 30, 2012 at 9:54 AM

Obama at only 47% in Oregon. There’s that 47% number again.

NotCoach on October 30, 2012 at 9:50 AM

President Barack Obama holds a relatively narrow lead of six points over Republican challenger Mitt Romney in Oregon, according to a new poll conducted for The Oregonian.

Obama’s lead is considerably smaller than his margin of victory in Oregon four years ago and is a sign of how tight the presidential race has become across the nation.

In addition, the poll also found that an initiative to legalize marijuana, Measure 80 is failing, with 49 percent opposed and 42 percent in favor. Voters are even more strongly opposed to two pro-casino measures –82 and 83 — that even their sponsors gave up on.

Wait…WHAT? This is Oregon? My wife came from OR, and always talks about how Portland/Eugene are so liberal. Wow…just Wow.

seymour01 on October 30, 2012 at 10:00 AM

They just cannot deal with 2010. It’s like they refuse to accept that it happened and the world changed forever after 2009, but it did.

Socialists, still partying like it’s 1917.

dogsoldier on October 30, 2012 at 10:00 AM

Agree, the only poll that matters is the one taken on 6 NOV”
Thank you for the loser’s lament.
gumbyandpokey on October 30, 2012 at 9:31 AM

That is correct, and you’re not gonna like it.

dogsoldier on October 30, 2012 at 10:01 AM