New Senate ads: Tim Kaine supports tax hikes that will cost Virginia jobs

posted at 4:11 pm on October 30, 2012 by Erika Johnsen

Of the number of still-up-in-the-air Senate races going on, I’ve most closely monitored the Tim Kaine (D) v. George Allen (R) contest in my home state of Virginia… which, while it’s a critically important race, may-or-may-not have something to do with the fact that I can’t get into my car without a “war on women”-themed Tim Kaine radio ad jabbing me in the ear.

Mitt Romney is still riding the wave of momentum that’s steadily improved his prospects in taking the Old Dominion — RCP has the state all tied up when hardly a month ago the polls were all leaning towards Obama — but neither candidate seems to be ready to cede the territory (although both had to cancel Virginia campaign events due to Hurricane Sandy). Whether that momentum is more Romney-centric than GOP-centric is harder to read, with Virginia’s multiple-personality voting history and with the Kaine v. Allen polls a little more disparate (although the recent WaPo poll that had Kaine at 51 and Allen at 44 seems suspiciously outlier-ish, hmmm).

Conservative super PAC Crossroads GPS is dropping ad bombs in toss-up Senate races all over the country, of course throwing a couple aimed at Virginia into the mix.

Hitching Tim Kaine to Barack Obama’s wagon via defense cuts and tax hikes, and reminding Virginia of how much they have to gain from more free-market energy policies: good moves, both, with the state’s high population of defense bureaucrats and offshore drilling opportunities.

Comments

Please Virginia vote Allen! Lets get control of the senate. We need that worthless almost dead dingy ding dong harry gone as majority leader. Thanks.
L

letget on October 30, 2012 at 4:21 PM

I’m surprised that more hasn’t been made that there were charges of job abandonment as Gov. Kaine ignored VA and did the bidding of the DNC.

Happy Nomad on October 30, 2012 at 4:22 PM

Turn around is fair play! It’s just hilarious how the left always manages to start Shiite, they don’t want thrown back in their hypocritical faces, but it always does! It’s part of the same mentality that doesn’t allow them to look to the future and the consequences of their actions. When you only care about your intent at the time of implementing shortsighted ideas/policies, you always get hit with the obvious consequences! They will never learn!
Addendum on the fight against the Obama Enemy media: http://paratisiusa.blogspot.com/2012/09/an-open-letter-to-those-who-should-know.html?spref=tw

God Bless America!

paratisi on October 30, 2012 at 4:28 PM

farsighted on October 30, 2012 at 4:31 PM

If you support ObamaCare, you support tax hikes. Afterall, the SCOTUS declared ObamaCare a tax.

DAT60A3 on October 30, 2012 at 4:32 PM

I think it also helps that the Democrats are running some completely terrible candidates for US House races in Virginia.

Abby Adams on October 30, 2012 at 4:37 PM

Tim Kaine supports tax hikes that will cost Virginia jobs

Duh. I live in Virginia and this was his modus operandi as governor.

Physics Geek on October 30, 2012 at 4:38 PM

OT: Disney aquires LucasFilm for 4 bil.

Star Wars VII to be released in 2015

Lucas will not direct

jazzmo on October 30, 2012 at 4:43 PM

And here’s Obama surrounded by a bunch of white men, with a black woman taking notes.

Just in case you believed he practiced what he preached.

Ben Hur on October 30, 2012 at 4:44 PM

Tim Kaine supports tax hikes that will cost Virginia jobs

…he’s going to be offended!

KOOLAID2 on October 30, 2012 at 4:51 PM

Lucas will not direct

jazzmo on October 30, 2012 at 4:43 PM

Then you are saying that there is a chance.

Paging Mr. Plinket.

Oil Can on October 30, 2012 at 4:52 PM

AP,

EMERGENCY STAR WARS POST NOW. HYPERSPACE TO FULL GEEKDOM.

I’m mean hurricanes come and go.

Oil Can on October 30, 2012 at 4:53 PM

I’m having a similar problem with “Joe Walsh is too extreme” WoW ads sponsored by Tammy “I have no legs” Duckworth.farsighted on October 30, 2012 at 4:31 PM

Ideology aside, have you no shame? She lost her legs fighting for this country you piece of $h!t

HotAirLib on October 30, 2012 at 4:59 PM

HotAirLib on October 30, 2012 at 4:59 PM

I just love selective outrage and faux moral superiority.

I wouldn’t have posted “Tammy “I have no legs” Duckworth” but your side has marketed this aspect of Ms. Duckworth’s “qualifications” as reason enough she is above scrutiny for her far-left views. Yet when a conservative talks about fighting for this nation, you call it jingoism.

Hypocrite.

Happy Nomad on October 30, 2012 at 5:30 PM

HotAirLib on October 30, 2012 at 4:59 PM

She is quite obviously exploiting that fact for political gain.

For quite a long time every political ad had clips featuring this fact. She wore skirts to every political campaign appearance.

She is the one who has no shame. Chicago/Cook County Machine politicians have no shame.

farsighted on October 30, 2012 at 5:42 PM

BTW, Duckworth has also been running ads falsely calling Walsh a deadbeat dad.

Walsh finally started running an ad featuring his son refuting that charge and telling Duckworth she should be ashamed of herself.

Shame indeed. Chicago Way politics are as dirty as they get.

farsighted on October 30, 2012 at 5:52 PM

My district. Joe Walsh has been doing the job we sent him to Washington for. I’m proud of the tide of Walsh yard signs I’m seeing while walking our local streets.

Duckworth has my respect for her military service, but her Dem convention speech showed that there is no Obama rubber check that she wouldn’t sign.

ElectricPhase on October 30, 2012 at 6:24 PM

farsighted on October 30, 2012 at 5:42 PM

Call her a partisan hack all you want but ridiculing her because she lost both her legs defending this country is totally uncalled for.

HotAirLib on October 30, 2012 at 7:26 PM

HotAirLib on October 30, 2012

…when you come again…sing DAISY HotLips !

KOOLAID2 on October 30, 2012 at 7:40 PM

HotAirLib on October 30, 2012 at 7:26 PM

LOL. Since when do libtard trolls make the rules on HA? KMA.

She wants everyone to know and featured that fact in her political ads, over and over and over again. It was obvious.

When finally indirectly called on it by the Walsh campaign — Duckworth is overly exploiting her service — she quit obviously stopped.

farsighted on October 30, 2012 at 7:48 PM

she quit quite obviously stopped.

farsighted on October 30, 2012 at 7:49 PM

I will probably be banned here Nov 7th after unleashing my can of whoopa$$ on you all.

HotAirLib on October 26, 2012 at 4:22 PM

Which previously banned retread libtard troll are you?

farsighted on October 30, 2012 at 8:01 PM

Plus stop forcing Princess Ann down the throat of Americans. No one outside of the echo chambered far right likes her.

HotAirLib on September 19, 2012 at 1:08 PM

Irony?

farsighted on October 30, 2012 at 8:07 PM

Princess Ann is a golddigger who struck gold by throwing herself at a governors son. She has never worked in her entire life. Never paid income taxes or worry about paying bills. Without Romney she’s a nobody.

HotAirLib on September 19, 2012 at 5:47 PM

More irony.

farsighted on October 30, 2012 at 8:08 PM

HotAirLib on September 19, 2012 at 5:47 PM

So Mitt’s been filing as married, filing separately?

talkingpoints on October 30, 2012 at 8:37 PM

More irony.

farsighted on October 30, 2012 at 8:08 PM

Republican wives don’t get those juicy $350K/year sinecures, like no-show mafia construction jobs.

slickwillie2001 on October 30, 2012 at 8:58 PM

farsighted seems to have struck a nerve. See how quickly the true nature of a “liberal” is exposed?

Hard Right on October 30, 2012 at 9:01 PM

The ads are finally tying Kaine to Obambi. Kaine has been nothing but a rubber stamp for Obambi/Demorats. I do hope we can get Kaine out of there. Next will come the other dem rubber stamp – Warner. It’s been an embarrassment to Virginia to have two demorat Senators.

TfromV on October 30, 2012 at 9:08 PM

I’m confused. Who is the “Tim” Kaine character? Joe told me it was “Tom” Kaine who was running

tpitman on October 31, 2012 at 5:05 AM

I lived in the Richmond Metro area when Timmy-boy was mayor of River City. Aside from a few square blocks of downtown around the State House, Shockoe Bottom, and Windsor Farms, Timmy ran a once proud city into a $hithole. Drive down Broad Street NE of the State House, and it’s NOTHING but closed down stores and the unemployed loitering. Even the “trendy” neighborhoods, i.e. the Fan, were very high crime areas.

RandallinHerndon on October 31, 2012 at 9:39 AM

HotAirLib on October 30, 2012 at 4:59 PM

I wonder if she has/had

balls the size of cue balls.

Hmm?

RandallinHerndon on October 31, 2012 at 9:40 AM

HotAirLib on September 19, 2012 at 5:47 PM

She only raised five sons and has battled through several serious illnesses. No biggie, right? Ask any stay-at-home mom if they don’t work.

Without Romney she’s a nobody.

Same as you? Without this website your still a nobody.

RandallinHerndon on October 31, 2012 at 9:44 AM