A Romney vote means rich, white San Franciscans can’t exercise in their home gyms

posted at 3:31 pm on October 30, 2012 by Mary Katharine Ham

This was in headlines, but I just can’t leave it alone. It’s too good. First the photo of the day, accompanying this San Francisco Chronicle piece, “Dems nervous, GOP upbeat as vote nears.”

Exercise

Photo credit: Liz Hafalia, The Chronicle

Get this: the presidential race is so close that rich, white San Franciscans are having trouble exercising in their home gyms or getting proper sleep at night. Take, for instance, the story of Obama campaign volunteer Kay Edelman:

For the past several weeks, the 60-year-old San Francisco resident has frequently bolted awake in the middle of the night, in “a panic attack,” she said. She darts for her computer and checks the latest polls. Some days she’s so distraught that she can’t exercise.

Every morning, she gets e-mails from friends who’ve been just as sleepless. Most are so tense, they can croak out only a few words. “Very anxious.” “Worried.”

“Nothing more needs to be said,” said Edelman, a retired educational administrator.

Actual quote from a man who didn’t sleep for two nights after the Denver debate:

“After I read Nate Silver the other day, I felt better,” Blume said.

And, there’s this scene from a San Francisco dinner party the night of that fateful debate performance:

Edelman hosted a bunch of friends to watch the debate over dinner. But after the first five minutes unfolded, nobody ate. Few spoke. “And right after it ended, everybody just got up and left,” she said.

Romney Derangement Syndrome is kicking in even before he’s elected.

I’m certainly not immune to worry over the election or the fate of the country, but let me pose a question for stressed-out liberals. Why do you continue to vote to make the federal government and the leaders at its helm an ever-more present and powerful part of every part of our lives when you know there’s a chance every four years a guy you won’t like will be at the helm? If it’s going to stress you out this much who has the levers of power, perhaps you should work toward making the levers less powerful?

And, say, Edelman and her friends look pretty comfortable. Shouldn’t President Obama be busy afflicting them?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

What could be so depressing they have Moonbeam Brown as Gov., they have Pelosi, and the mayor is anti Chic-Fil-A, what more could they want??

right2bright on October 30, 2012 at 3:42 PM

…Henry Waxman…in a thong…as their permenant pool boy?

KOOLAID2 on October 30, 2012 at 4:03 PM

100

Bmore on October 30, 2012 at 4:04 PM

Now Gumby is from Wisconsin – except when I think he said he was Missouri. So I guess SF would work as well.

Zomcon JEM on October 30, 2012 at 3:59 PM

Except that the woman featured clearly lives above ground and Gumby has a basement-dwelling sorta vibe.

Happy Nomad on October 30, 2012 at 4:04 PM

I find it very hard to feel sorry for the angst of a rich white liberal one-percenter.

Liam on October 30, 2012 at 4:04 PM

Slower than molasses in………well, now.

Bmore on October 30, 2012 at 4:04 PM

Julia, hit hardest.

FlaMurph on October 30, 2012 at 4:05 PM

Hee hee hee

Old hippie feminists all worried that The Man is going to take away their bennies.

Excuse me while I go find the worlds smallest violin and my Liberal Tear Cup.

kim roy on October 30, 2012 at 4:06 PM

I’m actually predicting that Obama loses California by 2 or 3 percent.

SWalker on October 30, 2012 at 3:36 PM

That would be precious.
But, I think that you might be crazy.
Or, did you find an ancient stash in an old guitar case? :)

RedCrow on October 30, 2012 at 4:07 PM

Aw… almost makes me wanna laugh.

Akzed on October 30, 2012 at 3:36 PM

Go ahead, you know you want to.

Let me help. /obNelson HAW HAW

kim roy on October 30, 2012 at 4:07 PM

So, is San Francisco going to shut down the Golden Gate and Bay Bridge on November 7th to prevent the liberal masses from leaping to their deaths after obama loses?

Pork-Chop on October 30, 2012 at 3:36 PM

I hope not. They can jump off and swim to the Farallon Islands to start their own country away from those awful conservatives! May the Great Whites receive this unexpected bounty in thankful prayer.

PrettyD_Vicious on October 30, 2012 at 4:08 PM

Norwegian on October 30, 2012 at 3:55 PM

We need to send him the link to the book “Trolling for Dummies”…

right2bright on October 30, 2012 at 4:09 PM

California is NOT the lock for Obama that the Obama Administration or the Fifth column Treasonous Media want you to believe it is. I’m actually predicting that Obama loses California by 2 or 3 percent.

SWalker on October 30, 2012 at 3:36 PM

Maybe in a few more cycles Cali could trend Republican, but not this one. I’m glad Golden State conservatives are upbeat and, hopefully, this means 0bama only carries the state by 2 or 3 percent instead of twenty or thirty. Still a worthwhile mission!

Ace ODale on October 30, 2012 at 4:09 PM

Or, did you find an ancient stash in an old guitar case? :)

RedCrow on October 30, 2012 at 4:07 PM

I’ll have to plead the Fifth on that question. o_O

SWalker on October 30, 2012 at 4:09 PM

THIS! Bravo!

scalleywag on October 30, 2012 at 4:09 PM

Translation: Waahhhh! Waahhhhhh!

Geez, like there hasn’t been elections where your guy lost before….

Turtle317 on October 30, 2012 at 4:10 PM

Fweelings
Nothing more than fweelings,
Trying to forget my fweelings of early voting.

Fweelings. Woah, woah…

locomotivebreath1901 on October 30, 2012 at 4:10 PM

If these rich liberals can no longer work out, then they should sell their gym equipment and give the money to the poor.

Or open a soup kitchen, all food served on their dime. If Romney is so bad, these one-percenter libs should get together, step up, and make up for any differences they claim or see.

That’s America. Whine about it, or get involved. Their choice.

Liam on October 30, 2012 at 4:10 PM

This is really pretty funny. The unleveled pictures of obama. The inkjet printed photo of her leader being affixed onto a window. The obama t shirt. The look of depression and the realization of defeat. Oh how humanity will lose out when obama is gone.

Just look at the photo’s of this obama organizer/supporter in San Francisco. She is so stressed she cannot workout. She is so stressed she wakes up in the middle of the night to look at the polls.

Philo Beddoe on October 30, 2012 at 4:11 PM

Love it! Liberal tears are like Gatorade for me.

Raquel Pinkbullet on October 30, 2012 at 4:11 PM

SWalker on October 30, 2012 at 3:36 PM

Seriously, though. With all of the recent talk about swing states changing from Odumbo to “leans Odumbo”, etc., I’ve been quite disappointed that Michigan was not included in any of it.

If Romney took CA, but not MI?!? Well, I’d be happy and embarrassed at the same time.

RedCrow on October 30, 2012 at 4:11 PM

I just thought of something else. Maybe many Obama voters simply trusted the “Woodland critters”.

arnold ziffel on October 30, 2012 at 4:01 PM

ROFL!

Laura in Maryland on October 30, 2012 at 4:11 PM

As a center-right undecided, I would say that the prospect of a “President” Mitt Willard Romney is something I wouldn’t wish on on anybody. Romney will usher in a new era of disrespect for the poor and the downtrodden including domesticated animals such as dogs, the gay, the religious, the creative, and the young.

Our next four years would become a purpetual Quinton Tarantino pulp-horror starrring Michael Vick and the guy Bane from the new batman movie.

akaniku on October 30, 2012 at 3:39 PM

Firstly and I’d say this to any idiot that was within my range of sight/yelling distance: How in the world can anyone be undecided.

But back to the performance art. I’d pay to see that movie.

And really, wouldn’t Seamus rather be on the roof or in a binder than on someone’s plate? C’mon dude. Do a little better, although the Tarantino part makes up for it. As it is, only a 7, but could have been a 9.

kim roy on October 30, 2012 at 4:12 PM

May they not sleep for the next eight years.

tommer74 on October 30, 2012 at 4:12 PM

Yeah, voting for a black Democratic President helps these lily-white elitists deal with their white guilt.

They prefer blacks to be far away from where they live. San Fransisco has one of the lowest if not THE lowest population of blacks in an urban city. They have pushed them out and obviously like their city “white & rich”.

But if asked, I am sure Kay Edelman has her requisite black and gay friends to prove her liberal bone fides.

Opposite Day on October 30, 2012 at 4:14 PM

How in the world can anyone be undecided.

kim roy on October 30, 2012 at 4:12 PM

A very good question.

RedCrow on October 30, 2012 at 4:15 PM

I’m struggling with the decision on which liquid refreshments and snacks for election night. This is something I can control.

a capella on October 30, 2012 at 3:42 PM

We’re having a slurpee.

kim roy on October 30, 2012 at 4:16 PM

There were only four states within 2.5% in 2008. Nate Silver got three right. There’s nothing impressive about what he did in 2008, and even if there was, he has done it once.

He was off by almost 20 House seats in 2010. That’s ~33% of the change in that election. He stated there was a 20% chance that the Dems would hold the house. What stunning insight.

strictnein on October 30, 2012 at 3:40 PM

In May of 2010, Silver predicted the Liberal Democrats (UK) would GAIN 59 seats in the UK Parliamentary Election.

Actual result: They LOST 5 seats.

So not only was Silver off in his prediction by a magnitude of negative 110%, he couldn’t even predict the general direction.

His current 2012 projection is a joke. See Sean Davis on Twitter for an epic takedown of Silver’s pathetic model.

Norwegian on October 30, 2012 at 4:16 PM

kim roy on October 30, 2012 at 4:12 PM

You have to figure that Seamus’s traveling kennel is surely more tastefully appointed and comfortable than the room nuki-nuki has in his mom’s basement.

slickwillie2001 on October 30, 2012 at 4:16 PM

You should’ve used the main pic in that article for this article…It’s hilariously weird with her looking over at a pic of Obama…

jaygatz33 on October 30, 2012 at 4:17 PM

How in the world can anyone be undecided.

kim roy on October 30, 2012 at 4:12 PM

The only undecideds I have seen are liberal leaning independants and quasi-conservative democrats. This state (NC) was once part of the “Solid south” of conservative democrats. They are a disappearing breed here due to age.

Turtle317 on October 30, 2012 at 4:18 PM

PrettyD_Vicious on October 30, 2012 at 4:08 PM

You know, it would be pretty interesting to see what kind of a society a bunch of socialists would build left alone on a deserted island.

Happy Nomad on October 30, 2012 at 4:19 PM

jaygatz33 on October 30, 2012 at 4:17 PM

I was thinking the same thing, it is too funny.

D-fusit on October 30, 2012 at 4:20 PM

Just a few short years ago I was starting to feel like that the GOP was all but d.e.a.d. dead. Now — we’re getting stronger and stronger every single day and the momentum is building exponentially.

And we owe it all to Barack Hussein Obama and his clown-car cavalcade of sycophants from the uber-wealthy 1%’er limousine liberal Celebritards to Billary Clinton.

Right about now — ‘Preezy of the United Steezy’ Barack Hussein Obama and his entire campaign staff [not to mention Obama's entire fan-base gaggle of pathetic lickspittles] just have to be reflecting on their course of action(s) — and/or inaction(s) as the case may be — this last entire year and a half and lamenting the fact that what they have actually done — in reality — is what Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto is alleged to have said after the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor…

Indeed you have. Now — feel the burn.

Of course — Obama’s lapdog sycophant MainStream Media helped out copiously with that too.

Sleep well, San Fran reprobates.

Romney/Ryan 2012!

FlatFoot on October 30, 2012 at 4:20 PM

RedCrow on October 30, 2012 at 4:11 PM

I can understand that. I’m a little worried that Bob Kerrey might eke out that one electoral vote he’s shooting for in NE.

a capella on October 30, 2012 at 4:20 PM

Happy Nomad on October 30, 2012 at 4:19 PM

Five bucks says that cannibalism would be involved. Didn’t Chrissy Matthews say that about the Tea Party once?

Turtle317 on October 30, 2012 at 4:21 PM

waaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

gophergirl on October 30, 2012 at 4:23 PM

I like how the guy in the article says “Who was that guy?” about Barry.

Dude, THAT is your guy! He’s ALWAYS been that way! It’s who he is! What changed is that Barry had to go up against someone who is intelligent, articulate, and wants to win this thing.

Dack Thrombosis on October 30, 2012 at 4:24 PM

Happy Nomad on October 30, 2012 at 4:19 PM

Think, Lord of the Flies.

The Russians and Chinese couldn’t decide on Marx any better than went the Catholic/Protestant fighting in Northern Ireland in the 70s.

The worst insult to one socialist from another: “You’re a revisionist!”

They would form into factions and destroy each other.

Liam on October 30, 2012 at 4:24 PM

“After I read Nate Silver the other day, I felt better,” Blume said.

Seen on twitter: “You know what we say in IT: Nate Silver in, Nate Silver out.”

Quisp on October 30, 2012 at 4:27 PM

Romney could possibly take Michigan. George Romney was a popular governor and the name still has some influence. More likely than Cali it would seem to me.

But, yes, I’d be delighted with either one!

Ace ODale on October 30, 2012 at 4:27 PM

Who is releasing polls in the middle of the night? I check polls in the evening and again in the morning, sometimes over lunch. I have yet to think, “omg, there might be a new poll out”, at 2:00AM.

weaselyone on October 30, 2012 at 4:28 PM

Hey, Remember When The Swami Statistician, Nate Silver, Predicted That Derek Jeter Was All Washed Up?

M2RB: Billy Joel

Resist We Much on October 30, 2012 at 4:25 PM

Well little Natey did cut his teeth as a sports reporter, hahahahahahahahaha……

D-fusit on October 30, 2012 at 4:29 PM

“I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve.”

FlatFoot on October 30, 2012 at 4:20 PM

Allegedly is right, since he did not say it after Pearl Harbor. He did however spend about 4 or 5 years warning Tokyo that that was exactly what would happen if Japan engaged America in a Military conflict. Yamamoto was very fond of the United States and had the utmost respect for America, he fell in love with America while attending Harvard. But at the end of the day he was also a Japanese flag officer. He did what he was commanded to do by his Emperor.

SWalker on October 30, 2012 at 4:30 PM

Happy Nomad on October 30, 2012 at 4:19 PM

Maybe communes qualify.

PrettyD_Vicious on October 30, 2012 at 4:30 PM

Julia Nate Silver, hit hardest.

FlaMurph on October 30, 2012 at 4:05 PM

FIFM

FlaMurph on October 30, 2012 at 4:31 PM

As a fourth generation San Franciscan, let me explain the population here. There is still a contingent of us old guard natives who long for the days of the big city that felt like a small town. Those of us who would gladly help a neighbor. Unfortunately, as time has gone on, the carpetbaggers have arrived in greater numbers. They stay for awhile, tell everyone else how The City should be, vote in the same-minded nitwits, then they and those termed out morons usually leave with a new batch to take their place. Yet the natives still hold the line and can still find enjoyment in this great city. I just ask that wherever the rest of you are from, PLEASE stop sending your lunatics here. Thank you. P.S. I do have one thing in common with the woman in the article. I too wake up in the middle of the night and rush to my computer to check the polls. But then I fall back to sleep with a grin on my face.

ald844 on October 30, 2012 at 4:31 PM

“After I read Nate Silver the other day, I felt better,” Blume said.

hahaha, so these fake D+25 polls are more like therapy for the Left. Now it all begins to make sense.

faraway on October 30, 2012 at 4:32 PM

akaniku on October 30, 2012 at 3:39 PM

Are you really as dumb as you sound?

HomeoftheBrave on October 30, 2012 at 4:32 PM

I wake up in the middle of the night, too….worried about whether or not my husband will survive the next round of layoffs at his job at a semiconductor company.

I’m also worry about snakes in the front yard, but the poor economy allows me to focus less on the snakes.

Hat Trick on October 30, 2012 at 4:34 PM

This woman actually wakes up in a cold sweat for the same reason that affects Maureen Dowd: The realization that they waited too long to try and attract a man and now it’s too late.

Spinsterhood is a lonely dark place.

Bishop on October 30, 2012 at 4:34 PM

ald844 on October 30, 2012 at 4:31 PM

LOL! Then sleep well San Franciscoan, you of all people deserve it!

Turtle317 on October 30, 2012 at 4:35 PM

Happy Nomad on October 30, 2012 at 4:19 PM

Half would end up in a concentration camp guarded by the other half. All would eventually starve.

trigon on October 30, 2012 at 4:37 PM

That’s right, Romney bothers these Morons, but not the Treason committed that Killed 4 Americans! They lose sleep over not having free contraceptives, but muslim terrorists in the White House and Security Dept’s of Government, gives them the “Warm and Fuzzies”. As long as these Idiots continue to live in a world where up is down and right is wrong, they will continue to lose sleep over meaningless BS! Get back to reality, assuming you ever came close to such a place as reality, living in San FranFreeko.
Addendum on the fight against the Obama Enemy media: http://paratisiusa.blogspot.com/2012/09/an-open-letter-to-those-who-should-know.html?spref=tw

God Bless America!

paratisi on October 30, 2012 at 4:37 PM

She’s a retired school admin but can afford to live well in expensive SF.

Enough said!

vnohara on October 30, 2012 at 4:37 PM

What keeps me awake at night is trying to figure out how much of a $1.6E13 debt I got zero return on I’m going to have to pay off. And I might not even have a job to do it with if things keep going like this.

Socratease on October 30, 2012 at 4:38 PM

Does that mean Nancy Pelosi might crack a wrinkle through her Botox face? Or is she still looking desperately for that big ol’ hammer she lost in 2010?

Steve Z on October 30, 2012 at 4:39 PM

This is because the average Leftist does not seem to consider the future past one or two years, tops. Conservatives tend to consider the future 10, 25, 50 years down the line.

One obvious example: entitlement reform. Leftist -do not- care that they are doomed in their current state. Only the “here & now” matters. Conservatives are considering the future and bringing solutions to the table.

It’s an important distinction and one of the biggest differences between the American Left and Right.

visions on October 30, 2012 at 4:39 PM

60 year old dirty blondes hardest hit.

jangle12 on October 30, 2012 at 4:41 PM

She’s living on a state employee’s pension in California? She should be more worried about what’s going to happen when the state goes bankrupt.

Socratease on October 30, 2012 at 4:42 PM

jaygatz33 on October 30, 2012 at 4:17 PM

I also love the pic of her taping the “I support Obama” sign backwards on the window…oh, and standing in her 30k kitchen.

nextgen_repub on October 30, 2012 at 4:42 PM

May they not sleep for the next eight years.

16. I’m rooting for 8 years of President Ryan after 8 Years of President Romney.

Bob's Kid on October 30, 2012 at 4:43 PM

ald844 on October 30, 2012 at 4:31 PM

Sadly, no matter how many time those of us from California explain to those not from California the extent that the interstate migration of American citizens has had on California politics they utterly refuse to comprehend it. To them, it’s always US Californian’s who turned California into a socialist hellhole.

No, I’m not a California native, my brother’s and sister all married California natives (we moved here in 1970 thanks to the United states Navy) my nephew’s and nieces are all California natives though. Myself, I’ve only been here 42 years.

Yes, the other 56 States in the United States shipped all of their crazy socialist children here and having a majority they took over. That is what happens when you become a minority in your own State or country, the majority takes over and you get screwed and blamed.

SWalker on October 30, 2012 at 4:44 PM

Socratease on October 30, 2012 at 4:42 PM

If she believes that’s going to happen, she expects her precious Obama to do something about it.

I would love seeing her pension taxed so pay for everything else she favors, including a bailout of her pension when it goes bankrupt. I’d use the capitol gains rate, which is higher than standard income tax.

Liam on October 30, 2012 at 4:45 PM

It’s really disturbing.

Not that California is so blue but that liberalism has rooted itself so completely into the coastal culture that there is simply no adversarial influence.

Even people who don’t live here have heard of the devastating effects the environmental movement has had on the central areas. The only Californians that are happy with the status quo here live within 15 miles of the beach or are public servants….or are welfare recipients.

You’d think that with that type of lop-sided representation that there would be opportunity for right-leaning philosophies to take hold, yet it just doesn’t happen.

These policies are devastating our economy but the net effect is that people who would advocate for change are simply leaving the state, making it even more lop-sided towards welfare recipients, rich liberals and public servants.

Our best hope is that Prop 30 goes down and California starts defaulting, forcing judicial intervention.

hisfrogness on October 30, 2012 at 4:46 PM

She’s an “education administrator” who retired at 60. A bureaucrat sucking the state of California dry for decades. Perfect Obama drone.

Ted Torgerson on October 30, 2012 at 4:46 PM

It’s going to suck for first responders and ER staff on election night and a few weeks after.

Christien on October 30, 2012 at 4:46 PM

Liberals cheered when the Supreme Court’s ObamaCare decision ruled that Congress’ power to tax renders the Bill of Rights null and void.

Romney is poised to be our next POTUS.

Are they cheering now? Nope!

CrustyB on October 30, 2012 at 4:47 PM

SWalker on October 30, 2012 at 4:44 PM

Leave. I did. It’s great.

trigon on October 30, 2012 at 4:47 PM

Spinsterhood is a lonely dark place.

Bishop on October 30, 2012 at 4:34 PM

BWAHAHAHAH… But it is so perfectly suited for their cold dark souls…

SWalker on October 30, 2012 at 4:48 PM

SWalker on October 30, 2012 at 4:44 PM

Leave. I did. It’s great.

trigon on October 30, 2012 at 4:47 PM

Sorry, not a quitter who runs away when things get tough.

SWalker on October 30, 2012 at 4:49 PM

Sorry, not a quitter who runs away when things get tough.

SWalker on October 30, 2012 at 4:49 PM

Well, it took me 56 years to leave. I’d say I fought long enough.

trigon on October 30, 2012 at 4:50 PM

Sorry, not a quitter who runs away when things get tough.

SWalker on October 30, 2012 at 4:49 PM

Well, it took me 56 years to leave. I’d say I fought long enough.

trigon on October 30, 2012 at 4:50 PM

Hey, I didn’t call you Brave Sir Robin.

SWalker on October 30, 2012 at 4:53 PM

There are going to be a lot of very depressed people in this country next week.

AZCoyote on October 30, 2012 at 4:54 PM

How in the world can anyone be undecided.

kim roy on October 30, 2012 at 4:12 PM

I wake up in the middle of the night in a cold sweat thinking about that…actually not, I don’t want those people even voting.

right2bright on October 30, 2012 at 4:54 PM

SWalker on October 30, 2012 at 4:49 PM

Keep fighting the good fight. No need to diss anyone who left for something better, like many of our forefathers did. We all have our reasons for staying or leaving.

Christien on October 30, 2012 at 4:55 PM

What is causing every blog to speak up and say “oh now Romney is losing?” I have tried all day to find a good word for Romney and cant find one! What–is Obama going to win now by saying he would help hurricane victims? What about Benghazi victims? Does anyone here think we still have a chance or has everyone bought in to the Obama is turning things around meme?

AnnaS on October 30, 2012 at 4:56 PM

SWalker

You forgot the sarc tag.

California will never vote for a Republican president again in your lifetime, unless the Republican party becomes more liberal than the democrat party. Probably not even then.

xblade on October 30, 2012 at 5:00 PM

After 58 years, and still have family there, I couldn’t take it, I left for NC, never regretted one moment, even moved my company across the nation…sold one, and the other is barely hanging on, yes still have a business in California…three too many businesses in California, who hates business.

right2bright on October 30, 2012 at 5:00 PM

Sorry, not a quitter who runs away when things get tough.

SWalker on October 30, 2012 at 4:49 PM

While that may sound noble, a lot of people could get in trouble thinking like that. I had to leave Ohio in 2009 if I wanted to provide for my family. After being out of work for 11 months and my wife and I living with a friend of hers, I could have taken a job in Ohio that would have paid me less than what my previous job paid, but instead I took a job in Missouri that paid $15,000 more a year and in less than two years I got another job and I’m actually making about the average starting pay for my profession (software engineer). As much as I love Ohio and wish to go back eventually, if I would have stayed I could possibly be making close to $25,000 less and maybe not even have a job. Sometimes it’s best to cut your losses and look for greener pastures. I know the saying the grass always seems greener on the other side, but sometimes the grass really is greener.

MobileVideoEngineer on October 30, 2012 at 5:01 PM

akaniku on October 30, 2012 at 3:39 PM

There is no way you can make a statement like that and be center right. (Well, maybe if compared with the typical San Fran hippie).

Wolftech on October 30, 2012 at 5:03 PM

I am amazed as to how wholly disconnected these people are from what they sound like / look like / are to the rest of the country (or at least us “fly over” people).

They are like cartoons!

Jocelyn on October 30, 2012 at 5:03 PM

y’all reckon lorien would hit that?

on that note this Nate Silver must be their swami or something. In my run through Kos this morning I was scanning comments and one them was something like “I was feeling really uptight about these polls until I read that Nate Silver article. After that I was able to have sex with my wife.”

DanMan on October 30, 2012 at 5:06 PM

“After I read Nate Silver the other day, I felt better,” Blume said.

Ha ha ha ha ha! The sweet soothing therapy of affirmation.

Tzetzes on October 30, 2012 at 5:06 PM

MobileVideoEngineer on October 30, 2012 at 5:01 PM

Welcome to Missouri. Once we get rid of Jay Nixon and Claire McCaskill(and the last of the Carnahans) this will be a nice place to live again.

Wolftech on October 30, 2012 at 5:07 PM

These people are beyond absurd in their worship of Obama. They deserve nothing but scorn, ridicule and laughter at their over-emoting. Enough is enough.

totherightofthem on October 30, 2012 at 5:09 PM

a capella on October 30, 2012 at 4:20 PM

I’m worried, too. According to the Wierd Herald, Kerry’s numbers are rising and Fischer’s are tanking. Ugh. Maybe someone can still discover an old media interview in which Kerry trashed either Tom Osborn or Devaney.

catsandbooks on October 30, 2012 at 5:12 PM

MobileVideoEngineer on October 30, 2012 at 5:01 PM

Ironically, California is a great place for software engineers. Some of them are starting over 100k and with experience you could easily pull 140-160k out here.

And the weather’s nice too…you just have to tolerate a population that exhibits blind faith and trust in their overlords.

hisfrogness on October 30, 2012 at 5:14 PM

The 1% getting up in the middle of the night. In-house library, gym.

Priceless.

Or, should we say precious.

so-notbuyingit on October 30, 2012 at 5:14 PM

WHEN Mitt is president, I only hope that he and his surrogates engage and vociferously defend themselves and their policies. Bush didn’t and it led to SCOAMF.

Rixon on October 30, 2012 at 5:15 PM

Truly the land of fruits and nuts.

The Schaef on October 30, 2012 at 5:17 PM

The 1% getting up in the middle of the night. In-house library, gym.

Priceless.

Or, should we say precious.

so-notbuyingit on October 30, 2012 at 5:14 PM

Yeah, in the ridiculously expensive bay area real estate market….on a public pension retirement salary no less.

hisfrogness on October 30, 2012 at 5:18 PM

Looking forward to many more sleepless nights for liberals.

disa on October 30, 2012 at 5:18 PM

MobileVideoEngineer on October 30, 2012 at 5:01 PM

I had a similar experience in Michigan. It somehow became “disloyal” to consider leaving unemployment in MI and finding work elsewhere. I could have stayed in a very nice house in a great part of MI but would have been under-employed with not a lot of job satisfaction or I could have moved on to a better job with much more opportunity albeit in an expensive area. I moved.

Happy Nomad on October 30, 2012 at 5:19 PM

NumbersMuncher ‏@NumbersMuncher

Romney takes a one point lead in the WaPo/ABC tracking poll, 49-48. Romney up 7 w/independents. Sample is D+5 (was D+7 in 08, even in 04/10)

Resist We Much on October 30, 2012 at 5:19 PM

Looking forward to many more sleepless nights for liberals.

disa on October 30, 2012 at 5:18 PM

Does Obamacare cover insomnia?

Happy Nomad on October 30, 2012 at 5:19 PM

three too many businesses in California, who hates business.

right2bright on October 30, 2012 at 5:00 PM

California isn’t anti-business. It is anti-profit. And does it best to ensure that profit is squelched by bad public policy and legislation.

Happy Nomad on October 30, 2012 at 5:22 PM

Boo Hoo. I couldn’t sleep for a month after Zero (closet leftist tyrant) was elected. No one has anything to fear from a Republican administration.

sigdoc on October 30, 2012 at 5:24 PM

It’s like a post-science religion with these people. And it’s even worse for them because they believe that their religion is scientifically grounded; that all opposing forces are the work of evil stupid people.

So this isn’t just an election to them, it’s a religious rite. It’s not just a political candidate that’s at risk, it’s their savior who validates their worldview.

hisfrogness on October 30, 2012 at 5:25 PM

AnnaS

Benghazi is officially dead now due to Hurricane Sandy. It will not come up again before the election, except on Fox.

I think there’s a good chance the hurricane does help Obama, unfortunately. It allows the media to revisit Bush the republican’s horrible handling of Hurricane Katrina(their version of course)while comparing it to Obama’s oustanding(Chris Christie’s words) handling of Hurricane Sandy.

Katrina was the moment Bush’s administration was taken down. The media will absolutely use it to take down Romney too if they can.

xblade on October 30, 2012 at 5:27 PM