A Romney vote means rich, white San Franciscans can’t exercise in their home gyms

posted at 3:31 pm on October 30, 2012 by Mary Katharine Ham

This was in headlines, but I just can’t leave it alone. It’s too good. First the photo of the day, accompanying this San Francisco Chronicle piece, “Dems nervous, GOP upbeat as vote nears.”

Exercise

Photo credit: Liz Hafalia, The Chronicle

Get this: the presidential race is so close that rich, white San Franciscans are having trouble exercising in their home gyms or getting proper sleep at night. Take, for instance, the story of Obama campaign volunteer Kay Edelman:

For the past several weeks, the 60-year-old San Francisco resident has frequently bolted awake in the middle of the night, in “a panic attack,” she said. She darts for her computer and checks the latest polls. Some days she’s so distraught that she can’t exercise.

Every morning, she gets e-mails from friends who’ve been just as sleepless. Most are so tense, they can croak out only a few words. “Very anxious.” “Worried.”

“Nothing more needs to be said,” said Edelman, a retired educational administrator.

Actual quote from a man who didn’t sleep for two nights after the Denver debate:

“After I read Nate Silver the other day, I felt better,” Blume said.

And, there’s this scene from a San Francisco dinner party the night of that fateful debate performance:

Edelman hosted a bunch of friends to watch the debate over dinner. But after the first five minutes unfolded, nobody ate. Few spoke. “And right after it ended, everybody just got up and left,” she said.

Romney Derangement Syndrome is kicking in even before he’s elected.

I’m certainly not immune to worry over the election or the fate of the country, but let me pose a question for stressed-out liberals. Why do you continue to vote to make the federal government and the leaders at its helm an ever-more present and powerful part of every part of our lives when you know there’s a chance every four years a guy you won’t like will be at the helm? If it’s going to stress you out this much who has the levers of power, perhaps you should work toward making the levers less powerful?

And, say, Edelman and her friends look pretty comfortable. Shouldn’t President Obama be busy afflicting them?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

Their tears…are delicious.

Note to self: pick up fixin’s for chili tonight.

Laura in Maryland on October 30, 2012 at 3:34 PM

“After I read Nate Silver the other day, I felt better,” Blume said.

Man, is that dude in for a bad night next Tuesday.

Doughboy on October 30, 2012 at 3:35 PM

I have a phobia too. It is an unreasonable fear of rats. But then, I am not delusional in my fear, and realize it is just a phobia.

These folks have Conservatiphobia with poor insight and poorer prognosis.

Trey

TMink on October 30, 2012 at 3:36 PM

Hilarious.

The day after the election is going to be AWESOME..

HotAirian on October 30, 2012 at 3:36 PM

That lady looks like she needs some cheering up. Where’s Lorien?!

stvnscott on October 30, 2012 at 3:36 PM

Obama is afflicting them. They like it. it’s called ‘Masochism”. Sometimes diagnosed as ‘white guilt’.

MikeinPRCA on October 30, 2012 at 3:36 PM

Edelman and her ilk are all charter members of the Gimmedat party…

PatriotRider on October 30, 2012 at 3:36 PM

So, is San Francisco going to shut down the Golden Gate and Bay Bridge on November 7th to prevent the liberal masses from leaping to their deaths after obama loses?

Pork-Chop on October 30, 2012 at 3:36 PM

The Yin and Yang Obama shirt is clearly racist in nature.

ButterflyDragon on October 30, 2012 at 3:36 PM

Aw… almost makes me wanna laugh.

Akzed on October 30, 2012 at 3:36 PM

Dems, Don’t expect that your lobster, caviar and fine whine bills are going to be any easier to write-off if you DO get your way.

patman77 on October 30, 2012 at 3:36 PM

This article is telling you something, but you guys don’t seem to be hearing it. I have been telling you as well,but most of the commentors here refuse to believe it. California is NOT the lock for Obama that the Obama Administration or the Fifth column Treasonous Media want you to believe it is. I’m actually predicting that Obama loses California by 2 or 3 percent.

SWalker on October 30, 2012 at 3:36 PM

First World Problem.

And she seems to want us to devolve into 2nd or 3rd world.

tomg51 on October 30, 2012 at 3:36 PM

This is their problem…they have forgot what the 60′s gave them, go back to the drugs man, every think is cool…peace…

right2bright on October 30, 2012 at 3:37 PM

LOL. Awesome.

BuckeyeSam on October 30, 2012 at 3:37 PM

Seriously. These people really need to get a life. Volunteer at a homeless shelter. Spend time with family. Go to church. Just step away from the computer and stop reading polls.

terryannonline on October 30, 2012 at 3:37 PM

I was watching Dan Rather the night of the ’94 elections. He looked liked he had just gotten home early from work, only to find his wife wrapping up a “party” with his best friend. This time around we’ll have the opportunity to see Chris Matthews and friends diving for their meds while calling the rest of us racist, stupid, etc, while blaming the Koch brothers and Rupert Murdoch. Get the popcorn.

perroviejo on October 30, 2012 at 3:38 PM

Edelman, a retired educational administrator.

Retired at 60 from a public sector job…must be nice. Hopefully I’ll get to retire at ANY age. My generation is just getting hosed…

nextgen_repub on October 30, 2012 at 3:38 PM

As a center-right undecided, I would say that the prospect of a “President” Mitt Willard Romney is something I wouldn’t wish on on anybody. Romney will usher in a new era of disrespect for the poor and the downtrodden including domesticated animals such as dogs, the gay, the religious, the creative, and the young.

Our next four years would become a purpetual Quinton Tarantino pulp-horror starrring Michael Vick and the guy Bane from the new batman movie.

akaniku on October 30, 2012 at 3:39 PM

Pork-Chop on October 30, 2012 at 3:36 PM

Dear God I certainly hope not… Lemmings Democrats to the sea… to the sea…

SWalker on October 30, 2012 at 3:39 PM

Cannot wait until 10PM on Nov 6th. The meltdown will be epic!

D-fusit on October 30, 2012 at 3:40 PM

Silver, who correctly predicted 49 of the 50 states in the 2008 election, frequently updates the probability of which candidate will win the presidency. As of Friday, Silver predicted that Obama had a 74 percent chance of winning.

There were only four states within 2.5% in 2008. Nate Silver got three right. There’s nothing impressive about what he did in 2008, and even if there was, he has done it once.

He was off by almost 20 House seats in 2010. That’s ~33% of the change in that election. He stated there was a 20% chance that the Dems would hold the house. What stunning insight.

strictnein on October 30, 2012 at 3:40 PM

These people are real life walking, talking self-parodies.

Queasy on October 30, 2012 at 3:40 PM

akaniku on October 30, 2012 at 3:39 PM

You sir, are a fat mouth liar, your feet stink and you don’t believe in Jesus. You are no center-right anything and you damned well are not undecided.

SWalker on October 30, 2012 at 3:41 PM

***

SWalker on October 30, 2012 at 3:36 PM

If that happens, I’m going to DEMAND a separate post with its own mushroom-cloud screen cap.

I wonder whether that would prompt an East Coast-West Coast civil war while the flyover zone eats popcorn.

BuckeyeSam on October 30, 2012 at 3:41 PM

his just shows the Dem Base is dejected. While the GOP is rejuvinated and ready to crawl through glass to vote.

Her face speaks a thousand words

Conservative4ev on October 30, 2012 at 3:41 PM

Actual quote from a man who didn’t sleep for two nights after the Denver debate..

MKH, gathered throng: for a real treat — a double helping of schadenfreude — GO TO THE COMMENTS! Talk about your basic wailing and gnashing of teeth!

Like we (R)’s in CA who cannot affect coming election, the truly ironic takeaway from this is that these folks are marinating in the liberal cesspool of San Francisco and have a limited affect as well.

The War Planner on October 30, 2012 at 3:41 PM

nextgen_repub on October 30, 2012 at 3:38 PM

No wonder she looks pretty good for sixty. Stress free baby!

No Accountablity for failure.

No worry about layoffs.

No worry about retirement savings.

No work for three months each summer.

WisRich on October 30, 2012 at 3:41 PM

What could be so depressing they have Moonbeam Brown as Gov., they have Pelosi, and the mayor is anti Chic-Fil-A, what more could they want??

right2bright on October 30, 2012 at 3:42 PM

akaniku on October 30, 2012 at 3:39 PM

LOL, you went one step too far. It’s not obvious you’re just pulling our chain. Nice work though.

strictnein on October 30, 2012 at 3:42 PM

In the runup to the launch of my most recent web project, I was working days, at home on nights and weekends, was still two weeks behind schedule and knowing I was another week away from completion. That was when I was having trouble eating and sleeping: when I was spending nearly every waking moment trying to get my work done while in over my head, and every moment not on the job stressing about the fact that the job was still not done.

When you have deadline pressure and your job and your family are probably hanging in the balance, you can panic and lose sleep. If the wrong guy might end up wielding the unreasonable amount of power you have heaped on his office, then you need to re-evaluate your life. And probably your political philosophy, if you want my opinion.

The Schaef on October 30, 2012 at 3:42 PM

Pork-Chop on October 30, 2012 at 3:36 PM

If enough of them jump, or move to Canada I might even consider moving there.

nextgen_repub on October 30, 2012 at 3:42 PM

I’m struggling with the decision on which liquid refreshments and snacks for election night. This is something I can control.

a capella on October 30, 2012 at 3:42 PM

They are so worried they forgot to redistribute wealth.

Oil Can on October 30, 2012 at 3:43 PM

Yeah! My first recommendation to the tipline turned into an entire post!

Tomorrow is the Giants Parade! Does life get any better than this?

I mean, apart from next Tuesday Republicans winning the presidency, the Senate, the House, Fauxcahontas breaking down in tears, and the MSDNC trainwreck?

aunursa on October 30, 2012 at 3:43 PM

Laura in Maryland on October 30, 2012 at 3:34 PM

I assume you’re referring to this South Park episode?

strictnein on October 30, 2012 at 3:43 PM

akaniku on October 30, 2012 at 3:39 PM

You help write that song Obama has the kiddies singing ?

Jabberwock on October 30, 2012 at 3:44 PM

Thanks for the laugh of the day! Wow, this is wonderful, poor babies can’t eat, sleep, or to boot won’t be able to exercise if R&R is elected? That should be enough for us to vote R&R? Bet bho/mo aren’t missing any meals?
L

letget on October 30, 2012 at 3:44 PM

A home gym?

Surprised they haven’t been banned in San Francisco, all that heavy, dangerous equipment. Do they have home gym safety inspectors?

mudskipper on October 30, 2012 at 3:45 PM

If the biggest stress you have in your life is whether your retired self (at 60) wasted your volunteer hours on getting a bum re-elected…well I’d say you’re doing alright in life. Pretty sure there are millions of Americans who can’t sleep at night because they can’t put food on the table or provide for their familes.

nextgen_repub on October 30, 2012 at 3:45 PM

Too funny! Romney is responsible for liberal neuroses now?

If I had a weak-spined and -willed panic attack against Obama being reelected, I’d be called a racist.

Liberals are really messed up people.

Liam on October 30, 2012 at 3:45 PM

They are nervous that the rest of the country won’t follow CA/SF off the fiscal cliff?
LOL

Strike Hornet on October 30, 2012 at 3:45 PM

On election day I might actually watch MSNBC instead of FOX!!!

cw10036 on October 30, 2012 at 3:45 PM

A vote for Romney means a drop in sales of hipster clothing.

V-rod on October 30, 2012 at 3:45 PM

THIS!!

Precisely this.

KMC1 on October 30, 2012 at 3:46 PM

Because they’re all homosexuals, and now that they’ve achieved special status in government, that gravy train will run off the tracks if bitter-clingers gain control…and that means the free shit will stop.

BobMbx on October 30, 2012 at 3:46 PM

a capella on October 30, 2012 at 3:42 PM

I’ve got a vintage 97 Dom Perignon I’m trying to decide on. I was waiting for a special occasion. This may be it.

WisRich on October 30, 2012 at 3:46 PM

strictnein on October 30, 2012 at 3:43 PM

You’re good. Mmmkay ;D

Laura in Maryland on October 30, 2012 at 3:46 PM

akaniku on October 30, 2012 at 3:39 PM

For three generations my family, along with me have voted democrat…this time, it is so obvious, none of us are supporting or voting for Obama…Mitt has shown extreme generosity and compassion, along with great business sense and an ability to create strong and powerful organizations, while working with other politicians across the aisle.
Sorry pal, but take another look, the democrats have moved onto another planet, and Mitt has moved into a position of compassion and helping other people.

democrats for change, democrats for Mitt…

right2bright on October 30, 2012 at 3:47 PM

Retired from a public sector job by age 60. Has several thousands worth of exercise in her home and a pretty nice kitchen which means that her home is worth a fortune in SF. Why hasn’t the rat-eared wonder gone out after this woman’s wealth?

Happy Nomad on October 30, 2012 at 3:47 PM

If enough of them jump, or move to Canada I might even consider moving there.

nextgen_repub on October 30, 2012 at 3:42 PM

No, thanks. We don’t want them here either. Send them to Greece.

Karthanon on October 30, 2012 at 3:48 PM

You want to know how I know that Romney is going to win? I am confident until the hand wringers start giving the trolls bait. I don’t have to come here to be confident, in fact a lot of times there is an opposite effect and not because of the trolls, but because of the hand wringers worrying about places like Ohio because they are falling for the media’s and the trolls’ tricks instead of listening to the people who were born and raised in Ohio and the people who are on the ground.

The sole mission of trolls and the media is to depress our enthusiasm because they can see that theirs is depressed. Hand wringing just tells them to keep trying. The less hand wringing we have on this site the less likely the trolls will stick around. In fact there were a few times where I actually thought gumby would be gone for good, but he/she/it keeps getting fed by a hand wringer (not the people engaging it, but one who makes a statement like “if only ONE Ohio poll showed a lead I would feel better”).

This is a real story about the left being terrified, there is no need for hand wringing on our side.

MobileVideoEngineer on October 30, 2012 at 3:48 PM

The War Planner on October 30, 2012 at 3:41 PM

When the liberals in San Fransicko are that wee wee’d up, it means their is still hope for California. (and by hope for California yes I do mean that it could go for Romney, but I also am implying that maybe by the grace of God the Lemmings in San Fransicko will all jump off the Golden Gate Bridge when their messiah gets thrown out of office)

SWalker on October 30, 2012 at 3:48 PM

While I’m at it, might as well mirror my thoughts from the headline thread, since it seemed to get a positive response:

The fact that anybody is having panic attacks and lack of sleep based on who the president is on any given day, illustrates the exact problem of having too much power at the federal level.

If it bothers you that much what your political adversary might do with the power of the office, the office shouldn’t have it in the first place.

If one man, elected every four years, is that critical to your day-to-day well-being, you’ve given away too much to him.

The Schaef on October 30, 2012 at 3:48 PM

akaniku on October 30, 2012 at 3:39 PM

I think you dropped this.

At least I hope for you that you did, if not maybe you could send MKH your photo so she can put it up top with the sad teacher lady.

D-fusit on October 30, 2012 at 3:48 PM

a capella on October 30, 2012 at 3:42 PM

WisRich on October 30, 2012 at 3:46 PM

Don’t waste it, save it for the inauguration…it’s going to be all over before 9 PM Tuesday, just enough time to pop a cold beer and popcorn…In fact, by 7 or 8, it may be obvious…

right2bright on October 30, 2012 at 3:49 PM

(Me at said dinner party.)

Pass the butter.
Pass the potatos. Chomp, chomp.
Pass the arugala. Munch, smack.
Pass the rolls…and the butter.
Hey, you gonna eat your steak?

RedCrow on October 30, 2012 at 3:49 PM

With apologies to the classic 50′s group The Silhouettes, the following advice to people like this:

Sha na na na, sha na na na na,
Sha na na na, sha na na na na,
Sha na na na, sha na na na na,
Sha na na na, sha na na na na,
Yip yip yip yip yip yip yip yip
Mum mum mum mum mum mum
GET A LIFE!
Sha na na na, sha na na na na

pilamaye on October 30, 2012 at 3:49 PM

I was looking at the photo of her apple laptop. That is the largest laptop I have ever seen.

Blake on October 30, 2012 at 3:50 PM

As a center-right undecided…
akaniku on October 30, 2012 at 3:39 PM

OK, big fella…

There are no center-right undecideds – that is squarely in Mitt’s wheelhouse.

Tell Mr. Soros that you’re not doing too well trolling and that you probably should get a real job.

turfmann on October 30, 2012 at 3:50 PM

San Francisco will still be San Francisco after a Mitt win. He will let them be; let alone taking away anybody’s birth control.

mwbri on October 30, 2012 at 3:50 PM

can’t wait til Next Tuesday

LevinFan on October 30, 2012 at 3:50 PM

We don’t want California, that would mean they would expect us to clean up that mess…leave it to the liberals, they deserve it.

right2bright on October 30, 2012 at 3:51 PM

Gumby..a story about you.

Electrongod on October 30, 2012 at 3:51 PM

That’s right libs. Get ready to be “on your own.” haha These people. I don’t even know.

robertlbryant on October 30, 2012 at 3:51 PM

what i’ve been thinking for years! i swear i don’t get why libs don’t get it! your vote is only worthh 1/350 million in a national election, but in california it increases to 1/35 million, other states would be much greater! and if that’s not good enough for you, then consider shifting more power to the city level.

of course, the reason this isn’t acceptable is because libs want to force their rules onto everyone. living in an ultra-liberal city like san francisco isn’t enough for these people, they want the whole country to do what they do.

jetch on October 30, 2012 at 3:52 PM

On election day I might actually watch MSNBC instead of FOX!!!

cw10036 on October 30, 2012 at 3:45 PM

Well then you may miss it when they declare Mitt Romney the winner. If things swing Romney’s way, MSDNC will be insisting that they can’t call Oiho until the vote of Mrs. Swinson of Dayton Oiho is known. In short, they will hold off until they absolutely have no choice and then they’ll just say that “it appears” Romney won- leaving them plenty of room to scream vote manipulation in the post-election period.

Conversely, if it swings the way of the rat-eared wonder, they will use every pretense possible to call the election early.

Happy Nomad on October 30, 2012 at 3:52 PM

Zeah beetingz vill beginn Nowember sieben.

DumboTheAvenger on October 30, 2012 at 3:53 PM

Reminds me of millionaire Celine Dion after Katrina:

“I wake up, I think of those people in New Orleans and I can barely drink my morning coffee.”

Poor things, poor poor things.

Bishop on October 30, 2012 at 3:53 PM

SWalker on October 30, 2012 at 3:48 PM

Maybe PA, Wisconsin, or even Minnesota could go for Romney but I just don’t see anyway CA could.

LevinFan on October 30, 2012 at 3:53 PM

Umm… That dinner party must have been delightful. I live in a lefty area of Chicago and there was much glee until the first debate. I remember this one brat going on and on about how Obama was going to win in a landslide and how Hillary was going to be President in 2016. And lots of gloating. Since the Red Debate, it’s all been whining about Mittens and how it’s so unfair… ZOMG! Liar! Racist! There was some hope about Biden.. Haven’t heard anything about him crushing Hottie lately though; I think that even they realize that didn’t work out.

Illinidiva on October 30, 2012 at 3:53 PM

The worst of the democrats are the upper class white liberal elite… In fact they are the ones who have total control of the democrat party… All the other democrat voters are just interest groups used the White liberal elite to have more and more power…

mnjg on October 30, 2012 at 3:53 PM

patman77 on October 30, 2012 at 3:36 PM

Why writing them off when the taxpayers can foot them? Lobsters, caviar, and fine wine are, after all, a necessity and a Constitution right. Just ask Michelle Obama, she’s a professor in Constitutional law, or something.

Archivarix on October 30, 2012 at 3:54 PM

I think I know why she’s really depressed.

If Romney wins, Barry won’t be there to bail out CA when it goes bankrupt along with her pension fund.

WisRich on October 30, 2012 at 3:54 PM

If they don’t close ALL the bridges to Democrat jumpers, the subsequent rise in the water level will make Sandy’s storm surge look like high tide at Martha’s Vineyard.

heddly_lamar on October 30, 2012 at 3:55 PM

akaniku on October 30, 2012 at 3:39 PM

Just a bit of friendly advice if you are going to attempt being a concern troll:

1. Make sure your past history of posts on HotAir is consistent with your concern troll persona.

2. Make your concern troll push believable and not something out of a Democrat Underground GOP stereotype bull session.

Norwegian on October 30, 2012 at 3:55 PM

akaniku on October 30, 2012 at 3:39 PM

Dude I’m also a center-right undecided. I was going to vote for Gary Johnson but…Our next four years would become a purpetual Quinton Tarantino pulp-horror staring Michael Vick and the guy Bane from the new batman movie.….sounds way too phreaking awesome to miss!!

Romney 2012 it is! Thanks dude!

HumpBot Salvation on October 30, 2012 at 3:56 PM

I would be willing to bet that this lady could not begin to carry a political discussion with anyone of an opposing view. She has the mind of a child and is incapable of any sort of critical thinking. She and her little “self-help” group deserve their stress.

Jabberwock on October 30, 2012 at 3:56 PM

My coussin lived in SF. That apartment you see is costing a fortune. You could easily buy a nice house in Texas with the rent she’s putting out.

SAZMD on October 30, 2012 at 3:56 PM

You really can’t make this stuff up.

JFS61 on October 30, 2012 at 3:56 PM

BuckeyeSam on October 30, 2012 at 3:41 PM

Speaking of Civil war, have any of you seen the disgusting ad out about the south rising up and a literal ‘war’ happening?

It’s a disgusting dispicable piece of crap…

I saw it once and can’t find it…

Scrumpy on October 30, 2012 at 3:57 PM

Well then, they were not there to watch the debate but to see the rat-eared wonder kill Mitt Romney with his super-superior intellect or something.

Face it, the left portrays Obama as some sort of super-cool urban hipster when in reality is like one of those hamsters in the Kia Soul ads. Posers in a cheap ugly vehicle pretending that they’re far more hip than they actually are. And if you doubt me call up one of those Kia ads and compare the ears to those of Obama.

Happy Nomad on October 30, 2012 at 3:58 PM

The Schadenfreude is palpable.

Schadenfreude on October 30, 2012 at 3:58 PM

This from the morons that are voting themselves a major tax increase in the already highest taxed state in the country, to pay for more union goon benefits and to educate more of Mexico’s children…
You just can’t make this sh*t up…

Strike Hornet on October 30, 2012 at 3:58 PM

Auto-play video advertisements. Cool. I could listen almost all day!!!!

Ira on October 30, 2012 at 3:58 PM

“After I read Nate Silver the other day, I felt better,” Blume said.

Worried? Can’t sleep? Try SilNata® for a good night’s rest. Warning: will lose effectiveness after November 6th.

Marcola on October 30, 2012 at 3:59 PM

And there’s more to it than that.

Much of what Odumbo has done in the last four years he did not have the power to do in the first place. When Congress wouldn’t give the baby what he wanted, he simply ordered it done. Very seldom in our history has a POTUS overstepped his power as Odumbo has done, repeatedly.

These liberals are fine with it simply because they agree with his position, but they’d howl about the Constitution if a GOP POTUS usurped authority in the same way.

RedCrow on October 30, 2012 at 3:59 PM

All the other democrat voters are just interest groups used BY the White liberal elite to have more and more power…

mnjg on October 30, 2012 at 3:59 PM

SWalker on October 30, 2012 at 3:36 PM

I’m feeling the tide change as well and 90% of those I know will be pulling the lever for Romney. Many of those voted for Obama too.

But then again, I live in more or less conservative Orange County.

I hope you are right…it would be sweet to feel like we have a voice finally. Now what to do about the entrenched pigs in Sacramento?

Ditkaca on October 30, 2012 at 3:59 PM

Better book the appointments with the psychiatrists early after next week.

bayview on October 30, 2012 at 3:59 PM

Electrongod on October 30, 2012 at 3:51 PM

Now Gumby is from Wisconsin – except when I think he said he was Missouri. So I guess SF would work as well.

Zomcon JEM on October 30, 2012 at 3:59 PM

SAZMD on October 30, 2012 at 3:56 PM

Up here in Wisconsin were the taxes are insanely high, the teachers unions actually advise their retiring teachers to leave the state due to the high taxes.

True story.

WisRich on October 30, 2012 at 4:00 PM

akaniku on October 30, 2012 at 3:39 PM

/The Onion

fred5678 on October 30, 2012 at 4:01 PM

akaniku on October 30, 2012 at 3:39 PM

If you really believe you are a “center-right individual” then you need to get quickly help because your delusional.

rplat on October 30, 2012 at 4:01 PM

Ira on October 30, 2012 at 3:58 PM

http://www.abine.com look for Do Not Track Plus!

Works fine stops auto plays etc… H/T Bmore

Scrumpy on October 30, 2012 at 4:01 PM

Schadenfreude on October 30, 2012 at 3:58 PM

I’ve noticed that a lot of your posts lately have failed to condemn anyone (particularly or generally) to Hades.

I’m serving notice that I won’t stand for it. No, sir.

RedCrow on October 30, 2012 at 4:01 PM

Their tears…are delicious.

Note to self: pick up fixin’s for chili tonight.

Laura in Maryland on October 30, 2012 at 3:34 PM

Tues. night dessert will be so special. Kay better use the week she has left to get in shape to make up for the weeks she will spend curled on the floor in the fetal position.

Also, I liked the So. Park ref. You naughty. I just thought of something else. Maybe many Obama voters simply trusted the “Woodland critters”.

arnold ziffel on October 30, 2012 at 4:01 PM

Reminds me of millionaire Celine Dion after Katrina:

Poor things, poor poor things.

Bishop on October 30, 2012 at 3:53 PM

Yeah, she went on to talk about how those New Orleanians needed to loot for survival as images of the looters carting away designer clothing and flat screen TVs (even though there was no electricity at that point).

Happy Nomad on October 30, 2012 at 4:01 PM

SWalker on October 30, 2012 at 3:36 PM

Your optimism is commendable, if misplaced. If you are proven correct however I will be delighted to bow to your prescience and owe you a beer next time you are in my part of the midwest.

Extrafishy on October 30, 2012 at 4:02 PM

I live in the Bay Area and 2012 doesn’t have the Hope and Change fever of 2008. No stores plastering iconic Obama posters on their front windows. Hardly any bumper stickers or yard signs can be found. I’ll take a drive thru Berkeley this weekend to check out ground zero of lefty fever to see how that looks. My instinct says they are also unmotivated.

richardb on October 30, 2012 at 4:03 PM