Virtual tie in … Minnesota?

posted at 10:41 am on October 28, 2012 by Ed Morrissey

I’d be the first to tell people that my state is a quadrennial sucker bet for Republicans.  In 2008, no one thought we had a prayer, but in 2000 and 2004, Republicans actually thought they had a chance to break the Democrats’ presidential winning streak, as the state last went to the GOP in 1972.  I’ve been hearing Republicans get optimistic here again, but I’ve been highly skeptical of the prospects for Mitt Romney to even get close here.

Until now:

As the presidential race tightens across the country, a new Star Tribune Minnesota Poll has found that it is narrowing here as well, with President Obama holding a 3-point lead and Republican Mitt Romney making gains in the state.

The poll shows Obama with support from 47 percent of likely voters and Romney earning backing from 44 percent — a lead within the poll’s margin of error of plus or minus 3.5 percentage points.

Last month, Obama had an 8-percentage point advantage in the Minnesota Poll. Romney has apparently cut into the Democrat’s advantage among women since then and picked up support from Minnesotans who were previously undecided or said they would vote for a third-party candidate.

Independents, on the other hand, are leaning more toward Obama. Barely a third supported him last month, but that number has grown to 43 percent. Romney’s support among independents remains virtually unchanged, with 13 percent of that group remaining undecided.

Bear in mind that this is the Star Tribune’s Minnesota Poll, which has a long and (un)glorious history of leftward tilt.  Mitch Berg has long documented this trend.  One has to wonder whether we’ll need to send paramedics to his house this morning after he reads Rachel Stassen=Berger’s report from the survey.

Snark aside, this looks like a relatively solid poll.  The sample is D+5, with a D/R/I of 38/33/29.  In 2008 when Obama won by 10 points, it was D+4 at 40/36/22, and I suspect that Republicans are going to be more motivated this time around. Obama wins the core counties in the Twin Cities, but only by a relatively weak 57/35.  Romney wins the Metro suburbs with a majority 51/39 and edges Obama 46/44 in the rest of the state.

In 2008, Obama had a 19-point edge in the gender gap, +3 among men and +16 among women.  This time, Obama has only a +1 — he’s up 14 among women but down 13 among men.  Obama still leads by 6 among independents, which he won by 17 points in 2008, but he’s only got 43%.  Late breakers are not likely to flow to the incumbent at this stage of the election; if the were inclined to support Obama, they’d already be in his corner now.

That’s true of the overall number as well. If Obama can only get to 47% in the Star Tribune poll with nine days left to go before the election in Minnesota, which has gone Democrat every presidential election over the last four years, this state is in play — and that’s why both campaigns are suddenly starting to spend money here.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Oh look they are bonding. Isn’t it cute.

gophergirl on October 28, 2012 at 11:31 AM

Bonding? Heck, they have cubicles next to one another in Axelrod’s basement.

trigon on October 28, 2012 at 12:30 PM

I’m ashamed to say that I actually voted for Gore on an absentee ballot. That was the last time that I supported or will support a Democrat on a national ticket. In retrospect, I really wish I could have that vote back.

ghostwriter on October 28, 2012 at 12:27 PM

WTF???

I voted for one ‘rat (to date) and that was Lawton Chiles over Bob Martinez.

I do, however, plan on voting for the ‘rat (Kendall) as my U.S. Congressman. As a protest. I can’t stand John Mica, the lifer. He lied to Sandy Adams (current congressman) during redistricting.

Lanceman on October 28, 2012 at 12:31 PM

math = kryptonite for liberal morons. It pretty much explained the last 4 years when Obozo said he had trouble with his daughter’s 7th grade math homework on Leno

The facts are very simple:

base turnout/enthusiasm for the Left is nowhere near at 2008 levels

the right has record high levels of enthusiasm

every single poll is now showing 7-12% margins for Romney among independents. Every one.

So we have lower Dem turnout/identification, higher Repub turnout, and an massive edge among independents… LANDSLIDE

Seriously, this isn’t even going to be close.

thurman on October 28, 2012 at 12:31 PM

It’s time for the media to get over this idea that Minnesota is this impossible state for Republicans, just because of 0.18% in 1984. They went for Obama by a smaller margin than Wisconsin in 2008. Everybody agrees that Wisconsin is very much in play, so why not Minnesota?

Gingotts on October 28, 2012 at 12:34 PM

If you actually win it, like in 2004, that’s one thing. If you steal it, like in 2000, we will be cranky.
urban elitist on October 28, 2012 at 12:07 PM

Aside from “voter fraud is a myth,”

isn’t Kerry still whining over the election being stolen?

MeatHeadinCA on October 28, 2012 at 12:34 PM

Seriously, this isn’t even going to be close.

thurman on October 28, 2012 at 12:31 PM

But, but, but intrade says…………….and you could bet almost $50 bucks on it!

VegasRick on October 28, 2012 at 12:35 PM

What campaigns did you work on by chance? Just curious. Been doing it since 1968, so I’ve pretty much covered at least 8 states. Some volunteering and also some paid in co-op with the unions, yeah I even worked for the Dems. Worked on Congressional and Presidential as well as as state and local.

Deanna on October 28, 2012 at 12:24 PM

I did presidential in ’84 (Hart) and ’88 (including Jesse Jackson, which was fascinating, worked for a political organization in ’89-’03, a senate race in ’92 had a political job (mid level) for the first part of Clinton, and have done various volunteering and paid gigs ever since.

Not a genius resume, but a respectable one, and a lot of states. Let’s make a deal to have a beer and put politics aside and swap war stories some day.

urban elitist on October 28, 2012 at 12:35 PM

isn’t Kerry still whining over the election being stolen?

MeatHeadinCA on October 28, 2012 at 12:34 PM

Couldn’t be. That (sub)urban elitist said “I can’t believe I’m losing to this idiot”

Lanceman on October 28, 2012 at 12:36 PM

WTF???

I voted for one ‘rat (to date) and that was Lawton Chiles over Bob Martinez.

Lanceman on October 28, 2012 at 12:31 PM

I also voted for Chiles. I guess that I’m alot like Susanna Martinez: It took me awhile to realize that I’m a Republican…

ghostwriter on October 28, 2012 at 12:37 PM

ROTFLMAO…. Nope… won’t be a long night at all, they’ll be calling it for Mitt before 10pm…

SWalker on October 28, 2012 at 11:39 AM

It’s like you guys only have two speeds: whining and gloating. One of the things that makes me relatively confident is how little people like you actually seem to know about politics.

urban elitist on October 28, 2012 at 11:44 AM

One of the things that makes me relatively confident is how little people like you actually seem to know about politicsmath.

Look I live in Ohio,

and when Gum and Poke are the ones gloating about a nonexistent Obama surge.. which only they see..

and Mitt having a 16 point lead with indies that he has held CONSISTENTLY…

Only a complete fool writes off Mitt in any state.. since his numbers are pretty consitently going up.. and Obama’s are going south..

The closest thing to an absolute truth..

is a liberal will never admit the obvious when they are loosing an election, that would require they accept some reality they hate.. like Mitt really is doing well,./. is beginning to loosen up and connect,… is winning women and some young people over..

That Mitt destroyed the gender gap just galls libs no end,.. enough to where they react by bashing those women who support Mitt…

I guess they figure it’s not a war on women, when it’s a liberal calling them stupid.

You can’t make this stuff up, they’re campaigning by insulting the indies they need..

mark81150 on October 28, 2012 at 12:38 PM

Aside from “voter fraud is a myth,”

isn’t Kerry still whining over the election being stolen?

MeatHeadinCA on October 28, 2012 at 12:34 PM

Hey. The past is past and you stole it fair and square. I’ve always kind of admired how cynically and effectively the right wing came together to do that deal — from voter suppression to the Supreme Court. You guys have a gift.

urban elitist on October 28, 2012 at 12:38 PM

urban elitist on October 28, 2012 at 12:38 PM

Take off your tin foil hat.

wargamer6 on October 28, 2012 at 12:40 PM

Lanceman on October 28, 2012 at 12:36 PM

You gotta admit, losing to the worst president ever had to be a bit galling. You can see how Kerry (or anyone) would be a little miffed.

urban elitist on October 28, 2012 at 12:40 PM

You guys have a gift.

urban elitist on October 28, 2012 at 12:38 PM

Yep. Behind 9/11 too. John Lennon? Us.

Chuck Schick on October 28, 2012 at 12:41 PM

urban elitist on October 28, 2012 at 12:38 PM

Your beloved NY Times counted all the Florida ballots in 2000 and they showed Bush won.

And liberals suck at math.

sentinelrules on October 28, 2012 at 12:41 PM

Biden to be campaigning in PA this week…

wargamer6 on October 28, 2012 at 12:41 PM

ghostwriter on October 28, 2012 at 12:37 PM

No, I’ve always been a Rethuglican. As someone who understands logic, what else could I be?

But Chiles was onna them blue-dawgs. A supposed tax-cutting ‘rat. Kinda like a Zell Miller. Had he lived, he’da voted for W., I’m sure.

Martinez just rubbed me wrong.

I did vote for JEB/Feeney the next time.

Lanceman on October 28, 2012 at 12:41 PM

urban elitist on October 28, 2012 at 12:40 PM

At least Bush won re-election.

Chuck Schick on October 28, 2012 at 12:42 PM

Yep. Behind 9/11 too. John Lennon? Us.

Chuck Schick on October 28, 2012 at 12:41 PM

3 Mile Island? That was us too.

And pure genius of us suckering the always anti-war democrat president into Kosovo.

Lanceman on October 28, 2012 at 12:44 PM

Yep. Behind 9/11 too. John Lennon? Us.

Chuck Schick on October 28, 2012 at 12:41 PM

Worse than I thought, apparently. How is it that — in all your evil genius — you couldn’t come up with a Kenyan birth certificate?

urban elitist on October 28, 2012 at 12:44 PM

MN. May well fall to Romney. Very telling that is even up to consider.

Bmore on October 28, 2012 at 12:44 PM

Hey. The past is past and you stolewon it fair and square. I’ve always kind of admired how cynically and effectively the right wing came together to do that deal — from voter suppression to the Supreme Court. You guys have a gift.

urban elitist on October 28, 2012 at 12:38 PM

FIFY. Sadly, the facts don’t support your nonsense. I find it fascinating how liberal name-calling is always so unintentionally revealing, accusing your opponents of being what you are. I think that psychologists call it projection.

ghostwriter on October 28, 2012 at 12:45 PM

urban elitist on October 28, 2012 at 12:38 PM

No matter how you phrase it, this is whining. How much of a win would Romney have to get before you call it a win, and admit the country has refudiated Obama?

Night Owl on October 28, 2012 at 12:46 PM

you couldn’t come up with a Kenyan birth certificate?

urban elitist on October 28, 2012 at 12:44 PM

Perhaps you’ve refused to see it. It’s on the web. Check WND.

Just as valid as that ‘birth certificate’ obama disseminated.

Lanceman on October 28, 2012 at 12:46 PM

3 Mile Island? That was us too.

Lanceman on October 28, 2012 at 12:44 PM

Always surprising how much more competent the anti-war party is at waging war when it’s necessary.

urban elitist on October 28, 2012 at 12:46 PM

Seriously, this isn’t even going to be close.

thurman on October 28, 2012 at 12:31 PM

But, but, but intrade says…………….and you could bet almost $50 bucks on it!

VegasRick on October 28, 2012 at 12:35 PM

I expect an awful lot of depressed liberals on the payday after the election, covering all the bets they made of certain victory based on something as meaningless as intrade.

Good way for some of us to make some quick cash, betting liberals we know on an Obama loss.

They’d rather loose the money than admit the reality of it.

mark81150 on October 28, 2012 at 12:47 PM

You gotta admit, losing to the worst president ever had to be a bit galling. You can see how McCain Kerry (or anyone) would be a little miffed.

urban elitist on October 28, 2012 at 12:40 PM

VegasRick on October 28, 2012 at 12:48 PM

urban elitist on October 28, 2012 at 12:46 PM

Necessary? Give me a phuckin’ break!

Lanceman on October 28, 2012 at 12:48 PM

Because of Beghazi, many of us have come to realize that this country can no longer function as a well-informed society with Democrats and the media in league against it.

That’s why I am voting a straight R ticket for the first time ever. I don’t want to see a Democrat above dog-catcher survive this election.

drunyan8315 on October 28, 2012 at 12:49 PM

Night Owl on October 28, 2012 at 12:46 PM

In all seriousness: he has to win by enough that voter suppression efforts in various states didn’t make the difference.

And I promise not to whine any more (today) about 2000.

urban elitist on October 28, 2012 at 12:49 PM

Night Owl on October 28, 2012 at 12:46 PM

Yeah, that really was my point. Like I said a bit earlier, this whining will be funny at first, but quickly will become quite insufferable.

In fact, weren’t some of the libs already concocting a conspiracy theory about the voting machines in Ohio?

ghostwriter on October 28, 2012 at 12:49 PM

Ronald Reagan couldn’t even win Minnesota. I would be shocked if Mitt Romney won Minnesota.

SoulGlo on October 28, 2012 at 12:50 PM

I seriously worry about the bubble that this place has created for its readers, I can’t imagine the meltdowns we’ll see here come election day what with the writers here shielding you guys from the lousy polling lately for Mitt in Virginia and Ohio (If he loses either of these he loses the election). Bububu a local paper had a poll that he’s close! A comparable poll had Obama with a 2 point lead in freaking Arizona. This place is becoming more and more like Hitler’s bunker in the final days of this election.

Typhonsentra on October 28, 2012 at 12:50 PM

Lanceman on October 28, 2012 at 12:44 PM

Don’t forget going into Libya without approval from Congress.

And Kennedy and Johson started Vietnam.

sentinelrules on October 28, 2012 at 12:50 PM

urban elitist on October 28, 2012 at 12:46 PM

Can you say Cambodia?

Kstag on October 28, 2012 at 12:52 PM

urban elitist on October 28, 2012 at 12:46 PM

That’s pretty contemptable, since the servicemen are saying otherwise… Stars and Stripes say Obama is trailing among active duty by 40 points..

and Obama hasn’t shown any talent yet..

and do you really.. the party of LBJ want to claim “competence”, when he displayed exactly none?

and FDR was not all that dazzling a war leader.. King, Nimitz, MacArthur, and Eisenhower were all republicans.. Bradley, can’t say..

but all the talent was in the generals..

and few of them are democrats..

you can have that idiot Clark..

mark81150 on October 28, 2012 at 12:52 PM

Is there anyone out in California, especially big cities like L.A., who can tell me if they’re seeing a lot of 0bama/NutJog ’12 bumper stickers?

cane_loader on October 28, 2012 at 12:52 PM

Typhonsentra on October 28, 2012 at 12:50 PM

You have this place confused with the Daily Kos. Go back to your hole, roach.

wargamer6 on October 28, 2012 at 12:53 PM

And I promise not to whine any more (today) about 2000.

urban elitist on October 28, 2012 at 12:49 PM

Voter suppression?? Taht’s an interesting turn of phrase. So, ensuring that people cast legitimate ballots is voter suppression? Most normal people would call that voter fraud suppression.

You guys are really pathetic. If you win by one, then you won. But the other guy has to beat you by ten for it to be legitimate. No. Sorry. We reject your little made-up rules. If you want to whine like a beaten welp after the election, feel free to do so, and the rest of us will just tune you out.

ghostwriter on October 28, 2012 at 12:54 PM

urban elitist on October 28, 2012 at 12:35 PM

Sounds good. I have worked on so many but my time with the UAW was really interesting. My ex was in the union so that’s how I got the job. That was way back when Leonard Woodcock was the head. All Dem, all the time. Remeber when Jerry Springer ran for governor? No I didn’t work his campaign, I was working on down ticket then. It was funny though. Ohio is strange, you have crooks and liars and then truly dedicated people get elected.

Then after my divorce I wised up and went Repub, LOL. That was more volunteering than paid. My company moved me around alot so I got to know the scoop in several states…Michigan, Ohio, PA, WVA, and a very short stint in Illinois.

And by the way, the volunteer issue is that many people don’t want to go to another area, so if where they live doesn’t need them they are put on a list. Happens. Some places just get more people than others. Also happens.

Deanna on October 28, 2012 at 12:55 PM

Typhonsentra on October 28, 2012 at 12:50 PM

You are probably right. If I were you I would not even bother to go vote, I mean obambi does not even need your vote.

VegasRick on October 28, 2012 at 12:57 PM

Typhonsentra on October 28, 2012 at 12:50 PM

You can tell yourself whatever you like, but the fact remains that Obama is an incumbent that has trouble getting over 47 percent of the vote in a number of key swing states. And he is facing a challenger that has stayed above the 50-percent mark in two large national polls. Obama is in very big trouble.

ghostwriter on October 28, 2012 at 12:58 PM

VegasRick on October 28, 2012 at 12:57 PM

LOL! Don’t forget to cast your ballot on November 8!

ghostwriter on October 28, 2012 at 12:58 PM

urban elitist on October 28, 2012 at 12:46 PM

Um, BLACKHAWK DOWN?!? Hello???

I know you probably can’t read but you do go to the movies don’t you?

Green_Bay_Packers on October 28, 2012 at 1:00 PM

With nothing positive to show the libs are having to resort to telling us not to believe what is actually going on. Besides it being a continuation of trying to surpress Republican and Conservative votes, it also helps lay the ground work for their massive election fraud they have going on already and are planning on election day should it be close.

Rockshine on October 28, 2012 at 1:00 PM

And I promise not to whine any more (today) about 2000.

urban elitist on October 28, 2012 at 12:49 PM

So, there is nothing that will convince you. I’ll see your voter suppression and raise you voter fraud. Following the law (Voter ID) is not the same as fraudulent voting. Let’s see how much presence the NBPP has before we throw stones about voter suppression, okay?

Night Owl on October 28, 2012 at 1:01 PM

Gallup Tracking Sunday

R 50
O 46

bgibbs1000 on October 28, 2012 at 1:02 PM

Typhonsentra on October 28, 2012 at 12:50 PM

Professing to be worried and in the same breath comparing HotAir to Hitler’s bunker seems a tad disingenuous.

Cindy Munford on October 28, 2012 at 1:02 PM

Typhonsentra on October 28, 2012 at 12:50 PM

And yet…here you are. Funny, that.

I’ll bet you enjoy going to a friend’s house for dinner…and crapping on the living room rug, don’t you?

Solaratov on October 28, 2012 at 1:03 PM

And Kennedy and Johson started Vietnam.

sentinelrules on October 28, 2012 at 12:50 PM

Yeah. A war started by a filthy ‘rat, escalated by another filthy ‘rat, and ended by a Rethuglican. Go figger.

Voter suppression?? Taht’s an interesting turn of phrase.

ghostwriter on October 28, 2012 at 12:54 PM

She’s prolly referring to all those blacks from Bethune-Cookman who, after the thing was over, all claimed voter discrimination in their ghetto accents.

You know? The type urbane defeatist wouldn’t be caught dead living near?

Lanceman on October 28, 2012 at 1:03 PM

ghostwriter on October 28, 2012 at 12:49 PM

That was ’04. Not to mention the shortage of voting machines in precincts populated by blacks and college students, so lines to vote were hours long. Politics is blood sport in Ohio.

and Obama hasn’t shown any talent yet..

but all the talent was in the generals..

and few of them are democrats..

you can have that idiot Clark..

mark81150 on October 28, 2012 at 12:52 PM

Speaking of servicemen, I wonder how many are walking around without limbs because W. thought that invading Iraq would be cheap and easy?

You raise some valid points, but:

1) You’re wrong on FDR. He was (by all accounts) an inspiring wartime leader. And, all due respect for the generals. I’d be disappointed if, say, Patton wasn’t a Republican. On the other hand, the grunts included JFK and George McGovern.

2) LBJ’s incompetence in getting us into Vietnam was exceeded only by Nixon’s incompetence getting us out.

urban elitist on October 28, 2012 at 1:04 PM

Green_Bay_Packers on October 28, 2012 at 1:00 PM

Yeah, and that pacifist LBJ did a helluva job in Vietnam.

Cindy Munford on October 28, 2012 at 1:04 PM

urban elitist on October 28, 2012 at 12:46 PM

Hey, hey, LBJ, how many kids did you kill today?

How’s Afghanistan going for Obama now that he’s lost more troops than Bush did there in his entire presidency?

Resist We Much on October 28, 2012 at 1:04 PM

urban elitist on October 28, 2012 at 12:44 PM

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz…..

Chuck Schick on October 28, 2012 at 1:04 PM

Typhonsentra on October 28, 2012 at 12:50 PM

are you TRYING to be a halfwit?

We see numerous polls, and no we aren’t shielded” from contrary polls, if you had any reading skills you wouldn’t make such a delusionally stupid claim..

oh.. right..

a liberal.. yes you would still make a delusionally stupid claim.

Look chump.. you think a couple of outlier polls counter the consensus of the rest, that Obama is sinking?…. really?

The only bubble is the one blocking the oxygen to your brain.. and thanks for the Nazi comparison a**hole..

Tells us exactly how nasty mad dog bitter you coccooned left wingers with your Maddow and Matthews feeding you tour daily misinformation..

“bubble”.. we can’t avoid your sides bullscchit if we tried, it’s every where..

You however.. can wallow in teh stoopid all day, and when you finally get a dose of reality..

out come the Nazi comparisons..

You Obama bootlicker deserve all the misery you get,.. it might make some justice for all the unemployed under employed you liberals have f**ked with your top down crony stimulus raid on their future.

Forgive the language my friends, please.. my working poor roots come out when a liberal stops by to look down his nose at us..

This is why liberals often loose the working poor.. they’re condescending pricks with no civility at all.

mark81150 on October 28, 2012 at 1:05 PM

urban elitist on October 28, 2012 at 12:44 PM

I have it. And the transcripts too.

But, unfortunately, they’re both written in Austrian and nobody can seem to translate.

BacaDog on October 28, 2012 at 1:06 PM

On the other hand, the grunts included JFK…

With all due respect, JFK, while a true hero, was not a “grunt.” He was an officer.

Resist We Much on October 28, 2012 at 1:06 PM

Resist We Much on October 28, 2012 at 1:04 PM

Was that in the newspaper? /

Cindy Munford on October 28, 2012 at 1:07 PM

ghostwriter on October 28, 2012 at 12:49 PM

You should go over to KOS and read all their theories. Talk about delusional. Also, there is zero humor, they are so deadly earnest it will be fun to go there after the election when they are crying and rending their garments.

Night Owl on October 28, 2012 at 1:07 PM

Typhonsentra on October 28, 2012 at 12:50 PM

So what you’re saying is that 0bama is going to keep all his 2008 voters, and Romney won’t be able to stir up any more enthusiasm than did McCain.

The groundswell of anger I feel around the country is very reminiscent of 1980, which I am old enough to remember well.

The incumbent was a Dem with an economic- and foreign-policy disaster.

Maybe I’m just sniffing Hitler’s sauerkraut farts, but judging from the depth of disappointment in many 0bama voters, and the rage in many non-0bama voters at what he has done to this nation, this feels like an incipient landslide.

cane_loader on October 28, 2012 at 1:08 PM

Gallup Today:

Romney: 50%

Obama: 46%

R +4

Resist We Much on October 28, 2012 at 1:08 PM

I would vote for JFK in a heartbeat next week, to get an American in office who loves his country.

cane_loader on October 28, 2012 at 1:09 PM

Night Owl on October 28, 2012 at 1:01 PM

These guys really take the cake. First, they pretty much want everything run out of the government (health care, charity, welfare, etc.). But then, they refuse to acknowledge the legitimacy of any electoral outcome that doesn’t put them in charge. Meanwhile, the rest of us are left praying for a landslide to ensure that we have a large enough margin to withstand their fraud and attempts to steal the election.

ghostwriter on October 28, 2012 at 1:09 PM

urban elitist on October 28, 2012 at 12:46 PM

Define competent.

Mitsouko on October 28, 2012 at 1:10 PM

On the other hand, the grunts included JFK…

…and George H.W.Bush

Solaratov on October 28, 2012 at 1:10 PM

Star Tribune Minnesota Poll

QUESTION: Based on what you saw or heard about the presidential debates, did they lead you to change or make up your mind about who to vote for?

NO 89%

(IF YES) QUESTION: Did you change from

20% – Leaning toward Obama to leaning toward Romney
1% – Leaning toward Romney to leaning toward Obama
12% – Undecided to leaning toward Obama
61% – Undecided to leaning toward Romney
6% – Other/Not Sure

Flora Duh on October 28, 2012 at 1:10 PM

cane_loader on October 28, 2012 at 1:09 PM

JFK was a creep. What he did to that intern of his was monstrous.

ghostwriter on October 28, 2012 at 1:11 PM

cane_loader on October 28, 2012 at 12:52 PM

I see Obama 2012 bumper stickers all the time here in San Diego.

oceansidecon on October 28, 2012 at 1:11 PM

Resist We Much on October 28, 2012 at 1:06 PM

True enough. And McGovern was a pilot, so not a grunt either.

And even I have to give George Bush Sr. his props, whilre we’re opn the subject.

Hey, hey, LBJ, how many kids did you kill today?

Resist We Much on October 28, 2012 at 1:04 PM

I guess if Republicans gave a d*** about losing troops in Afghanistan, they might have actually tried to win the war during the seven years they were in charge.

urban elitist on October 28, 2012 at 1:11 PM

Flora Duh on October 28, 2012 at 1:10 PM

But……Debates don’t matter!

BacaDog on October 28, 2012 at 1:13 PM

JFK was a creep. What he did to that intern of his was monstrous.

ghostwriter on October 28, 2012 at 1:11 PM

Truman was prolly the last decent ‘rat. Prolly not what one would even consider a ‘rat.

Lanceman on October 28, 2012 at 1:13 PM

ghostwriter on October 28, 2012 at 1:09 PM

You got that right.

Night Owl on October 28, 2012 at 1:13 PM

Typhonsentra on October 28, 2012 at 12:50 PM

Yes, Obama’s up slightly in Arizona. Texas is a tie.

Chuck Schick on October 28, 2012 at 1:13 PM

urban elitist on October 28, 2012 at 1:11 PM

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

B-b-b-but…..obama was gonna end the wars rtesponsibly!

Uh, you do know more troops have died in Afgonistan under obama than under Bush, right?

Lanceman on October 28, 2012 at 1:14 PM

Romney lost to Ron Paul in Minnesota. Now he will beat Obama. THAT’S HOW MUCH THIS ADMINISTRATION SCREWED UP.

ModerateMan on October 28, 2012 at 1:14 PM

Night Owl on October 28, 2012 at 1:07 PM

Kos is busy unskewing and denying all the polls. Great good fun to watch the meltdown.

whatcat on October 28, 2012 at 1:15 PM

Define competent.

Mitsouko on October 28, 2012 at 1:10 PM

democrap.

VegasRick on October 28, 2012 at 1:15 PM

urban elitist on October 28, 2012 at 1:11 PM

Wow. What do you think of Obama’s ROE? I don’t think they are meant to win the war. If I remember correctly, didn’t Obama say something to the effect that victory isn’t something he cares about?

Night Owl on October 28, 2012 at 1:16 PM

urban elitist on October 28, 2012 at 12:07 PM

Look at the little self styled intellectual bringing up an election from 12 years ago, that was recounted multiple times and showed that Bush won…Yet here you are trotting out that sad old “stole the election” narrative.

Weak.

ShadowsPawn on October 28, 2012 at 1:16 PM

Gallup Today:

Romney: 50%

Obama: 46%

R +4

Resist We Much on October 28, 2012 at 1:08 PM

Yeah, well, today’s online Reuters/Ipsos has

Obama: 49%

Romney: 46%

So that proves this race is a lock for Obama!!!

-gumbyandpokey

Flora Duh on October 28, 2012 at 1:16 PM

This reminds me of Lucy holding the football for Charlie Brown..But with that be said..If Team Obie is having trouble in Minnesota it bodes well for Romney in other states..:)

Dire Straits on October 28, 2012 at 1:16 PM

urban elitist on October 28, 2012 at 1:11 PM

Bullsh*t. Don’t pretend like you care about the troops. For eight years, it was nothing but body counts, and images of coffins coming home with you people. After Obama was elected, virtually all of the outrage ended, demonstrating that it was all politically motivated. What about Gitmo? Why don’t we hear about that one anymore? What about kill lists? Drones? Did you guys get shy all of a sudden. Hypocrites.

ghostwriter on October 28, 2012 at 1:17 PM

ghostwriter on October 28, 2012 at 1:17 PM

+ 100..Hear!..Hear!..:)

Dire Straits on October 28, 2012 at 1:17 PM

urban elitist on October 28, 2012 at 1:11 PM

Over 3x have been lost under Obama in half the time, FYI.

Chuck Schick on October 28, 2012 at 1:18 PM

Lanceman on October 28, 2012 at 1:14 PM

You do know that George Bush has seven years to win that war and didn’t, because he was finding WMDs in Iraq, right?

urban elitist on October 28, 2012 at 1:18 PM

whatcat on October 28, 2012 at 1:15 PM

LOL! They are questioning PPP! It is so deadly dull there, I wish they would emote a little more so it would be more fun for me.

Night Owl on October 28, 2012 at 1:19 PM

This reminds me of Lucy holding the football for Charlie Brown..But with that being said..If Team Obie is having trouble in Minnesota it bodes well for Romney in other states..:)

Dire Straits on October 28, 2012 at 1:16 PM

Sorry..Fixed..:)

Dire Straits on October 28, 2012 at 1:19 PM

urban elitist on October 28, 2012 at 1:18 PM

And your boy has had 4, how’s that going for you.

VegasRick on October 28, 2012 at 1:19 PM

urban elitist on October 28, 2012 at 1:11 PM

If they had followed my foreign policy, they wouldn’t have lost any…although I can’t say the same about al Qaeda, the Taliban, and sympathisers in Afghanistan. I would have given the Afghan government a deadline to turn over OBL & Co. If they failed, I would have started to turn parts of the country into a parking lot until they did.

There’s not a damn thing in Afghanistan worth a single drop of American or British blood. I have no desire to build a nation for members of misogynistic, racist, homophobic, bigoted, child-abusing, xenophobic, tribalistic, antisemitic, Christophobic, maniacal, thin-skinned, homicidal, suicidal, totalitarian, 7th century death cult.

If and when the Neanderthals decide they wish to join the rest of us in the 21st century, I will be more than happy to welcome them to modernity. Until then, let them kill each other. I seriously do not care. And, frankly, this sentiment applies to most of the Islamist world. I’ve had it with them.

Resist We Much on October 28, 2012 at 1:20 PM

urban elitist on October 28, 2012 at 1:18 PM

Obama’s not hunting for WMDs in Iraq and we’re losing Afghanistan at a far faster pace.

Chuck Schick on October 28, 2012 at 1:20 PM

urban elitist on October 28, 2012 at 1:11 PM

So, you’re saying d’ohbama doesn’t give a damn about losing troops in A-stan? It is, after all, “the good war” – according to your fearless leader. And he’s had almost four years to defeat the taliban, hasn’t he? Yet he just keeps getting people killed.
And he was able to watch the people he was getting killed in Benghazi live, on TV…as it happened…and while he refused to send them any aid.

But, hey! Rambama did kill osama bin laden.

Solaratov on October 28, 2012 at 1:20 PM

ghostwriter on October 28, 2012 at 1:17 PM

+++1000
Bears repeating.
This was a phoney anti-war movement. It was all about hating GWB, not the wars. I saw the 60s anti-war movment first-hand and this was nothing like that at all.

Deanna on October 28, 2012 at 1:21 PM

JFK was a creep. What he did to that intern of his was monstrous.

ghostwriter on October 28, 2012 at 1:11 PM

So what exactly did JFK do to the intern that 0bama has not done to 300-million Americans?

cane_loader on October 28, 2012 at 1:22 PM

urban elitist on October 28, 2012 at 1:18 PM

I realize you don’t have the brains to realize that America & Co. must keep a gun to the head of the ME both figuratively and literally.

No matter how many videos you see of Kerry, HRC, et al speaking of the existence of WMDs and the removal of Saddam Hussein, you keep falling back on that stupid shit. Much like the 2000 election was ‘stolen’.

Of course, with some fool like you who believes a layered and debunked PDF file of obama’s BC is somehow superior to the Kenyan BC, I expect nothing different.

Lanceman on October 28, 2012 at 1:22 PM

urban elitist on October 28, 2012 at 1:18 PM

As someone, who opposed the Iraq War from the beginning, I will ask “Why don’t you talk to your Vice-President about those WMDs?”

“The weapons inspectors said he had them. He catalogued—they catalogued them. This was not some, some Cheney, you know, pipe dream. This was, in fact, catalogued. They looked at them and catalogued. What he did with them, who knows? The real mystery is, if he, if he didn’t have any of them left, why didn’t he say so? Well, a lot of people say if he had said that, he would’ve, you know, emboldened Iran and so on and so forth.”

- Senator Joe Biden, Meet The Press, 29 April 2007

And, also, why don’t you ask your fellow Democrats that claimed Saddam had WMD while Bush was Governor of Texas, as well as when Bush was President?

Hypocrisy Alert! Clinton, Kerry, Gore & Other Democrats Call for War Against Saddam’s Iraq

Resist We Much on October 28, 2012 at 1:23 PM

Living here in Alabama I know no one voting for Obama, and I have a lot of friends with EBT cards. But my liberal Scandinavian family in MinaSOTA seem to love his liberal policies.

I guess socialism works in Norway where most work. I can only hope they get their minds right and vote for America. If they give it a few years Norwegians will figure it out that is is easier to get on the dole then work.

I am not a racist on October 28, 2012 at 1:24 PM

cane_loader on October 28, 2012 at 1:22 PM

Hey, I just said that JFK was a creep. I didn’t call him an anti-American creep! :)

ghostwriter on October 28, 2012 at 1:25 PM