Quotes of the day

posted at 8:01 pm on October 28, 2012 by Allahpundit

“This tragedy turned into a debacle and massive coverup or massive incompetence in Libya is having an effect on the voters because of their view of the commander in chief,” McCain said on CBS’s “Face the Nation.” “And it is now the worst coverup or incompetence that I have ever observed in my life.”…

“I don’t know if it’s either coverup or gross — the worst kind of incompetence, which doesn’t qualify the president as commander in chief,” McCain said…

“Somebody said to me the other day, ‘This is as bad as Watergate.’ Nobody died in Watergate,” McCain said.

***

Ohio senator Rob Portman talked on Fox News Sunday about a “shocking breakdown” with regard to the Obama administration’s response:

This is not about politics. This is about a huge national security issue that affects all of us and there was a shocking breakdown, operationally, not to have the security there in the first place. And then not to respond to these guys, in their pleas for help for 7 hours, during a firefight. It’s unbelievable and now, we are hearing that the president of the United States, based on his own words, issued a directive immediately after he found out about the firefight, saying that he wanted to be sure those people on the ground were safe and they were getting what they needed. It didn’t happen. This means either that the president’s order was not followed, which would be a breakdown in terms of the White House procedure, or, it means the order wasn’t issued. We need to find out about this, it is not about politics, it is a very serious situation. After the fact, of course, there’s also been a lot of confusion about what happened and why it happened.

***

It seems obvious that Panetta is trying protect Obama from responsibility for the Administration’s Benghazi response. I don’t think that works. The decision to outsource the call is still a presidential decision.

But there are two problems bigger problems with the Panetta doctrine. First, Panetta says they didn’t have real-time information. Uh, if having a live video feed and real-time reports from assets on the ground for hours doesn’t count as real time information, what does? And, if as rumors suggest, the drones monitoring the situation were armed, the idea that the administration was trying to avoid some kind of “black hawk down” situation seems incomprehensible.

Which brings us to the second, I think bigger, problem with the Panetta doctrine. If the circumstances in Libya didn’t meet the “enough information” threshold for a rescue attempt or some other form of intervention, then what does?

***

While Americans were under assault in Benghazi, the president found time for a non-urgent, politically useful, hour-long call to Prime Minister Netanyahu. And his senior national staff had to find time to arrange the call, brief the president for the call, monitor it, and provide an immediate read-out to the media. I suspect Prime Minister Netanyahu, of all people, would have understood the need to postpone or shorten the phone call if he were told that Americans were under attack as the president chatted. But for President Obama, a politically useful telephone call—and the ability to have his aides rush out and tell the media about that phone call—came first.

So here are a few more questions for the White House: While President Obama was on the phone for an hour, did his national security advisor Tom Donilon or any other aide interrupt the call or slip him a piece of paper to inform him about what was happening in Benghazi? Or was President Obama out of the loop for at least an hour as events unfolded and decisions were made? On the other hand, national security staff were obviously with the president during and immediately after the phone call—otherwise how could they have put out their statement right away? Surely his aides told the president about what was happening in Benghazi. Was there then no discussion of what was or what wasn’t being done to help, pursuant to the president’s first directive that everything possible be done?

***

We know this much: What Barack Obama said is unambiguously false. Members of his administration have not provided information to the American people about Benghazi as they have received it. And in many instances, the opposite has been true. The Obama administration has used every means at its disposal to avoid sharing information about the Benghazi attacks—not only with the American people, but with Congress, too.

Sources tell The Weekly Standard that the administration is ignoring—or denying—routine requests for information from the congressional committees with oversight on national security. “I’ve never seen anything like this,” says one congressional Republican. “Basic questions—unanswered for literally weeks.”

One could argue that this is good news. An administration refusing to provide information about the attacks is an administration that isn’t providing misleading information about those attacks. And that’s what the American public got for the better part of four weeks.

***

“Why didn’t Governor Romney prosecute the case on Benghazi? Pat, and everybody else has been fulminating about it for the last two weeks. He wisely stayed away from that because it’s a pretty made-up story, frankly, and he’s going to leave that to surrogates,” Eleanor Clift said about the controversy surrounding the terror attack on a U.S. consulate in Libya…

“They’re trying to pretend that the White House was lying and covering up, which shows the complete ignorance of how intelligence is gathered and how government operates,” Clift said.

***

Via Breitbart.com.

***

Later on in the show, Wallace put a similar question to Sen. Mark Warner (D-VA): “I can understand how it would be politically embarrassing for the administration if it turns out the drones were armed and weapons not fired when the U.S. americans were under attack for 7 hours, but I can’t understand how it would give up valuable intelligence. Can you tell me directly: were the drones armed or not that were flying over Benghazi?”

Warner offered no comment: “This member of the Senate Intelligence Committee is not going to make any comments on drones on the record, off-the-record or anywhere else.”

***

Via the Daily Caller.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 5 10

I eated the purple berries!

wargamer6 on October 28, 2012 at 9:11 PM

Impossible. You’re still alive.

predator on October 28, 2012 at 9:13 PM

His campaign is crumbling and headed straight down the toilet.

crosspatch on October 28, 2012 at 9:11 PM

I’ve got the toilet plunger thingy ready..

Because if he clogs…
I want the ability to flush him down again..

Electrongod on October 28, 2012 at 9:14 PM

I eated the purple berries!

wargamer6 on October 28, 2012 at 9:11 PM

Hmm. Is that some sort of plush toy?

Yes ma’am.

Lanceman on October 28, 2012 at 9:14 PM

IR isn’t going to show in particulate without IR visual devices. Dust doesn’t change frequency.I doubt there are many IR googles in Libya.

We own the IR world.

6.18,, one way trip.

wolly4321 on October 28, 2012 at 9:15 PM

Ok, now I know you’re just kidding. You had me fooled for a minute…

joejm65 on October 28, 2012 at 9:13 PM

Lanceman gets into these stages..

Electrongod on October 28, 2012 at 9:15 PM

TRIFECTA

Benghazi-gate: Should Congress Start Drafting Articles of Impeachment?

Published on Oct 25, 2012 by Pajamasmedia

Terrorists overran the US consulate in Benghazi, Libya and killed the US Ambassador. We now know that the US government knew that Benghazi was at risk of a terrorist attack, however President Obama blamed a video, even though that excuse is no longer credible. Should the President be impeached for this?
=======================================================

canopfor on October 28, 2012 at 9:15 PM

This place has the most boring trolls ever. How do you all stand it? I’m relatively new here, but it seems like at least a third of the comments on this self-described “conservative” blog are from liberal trolls. I can understand needing multiple points of view to get a discussion going, but the stuff at this place is just stupid.

There’s one guy on here that posts endless drivel about polls. Another that constantly states that Romney is going to lose, despite every evidence to the contary. I wouldn’t mind some different discussion but it’s always completely nonsensical. It’s just a stream of endless troll gibberish.

I guess I’m asking, is it always like this?

happytobehere on October 28, 2012 at 9:15 PM

How is this different from the last ‘rat president punting on Osama twice, starting a war in Kosovo which held zero interest for the U.S as a wag the dog strategy and losing the codes to the football on a regular basis?

Lanceman on October 28, 2012 at 9:12 PM

Billy Jeff was dutifully engaged in chasing panties whereas Obama is arming drug cartels and Islamists while his body count skyrockets. Brian Terry, Jaime Zapata, 300 Mexicans, a US Ambassador, 2x SEALs, previously 16x SEALs, Sean Smith and…and…and…..how many others?

ted c on October 28, 2012 at 9:15 PM

“I am appalled right now. This White House, this President, this Vice President, this Secretary of State, all of them, are willing apparently to dishonor themselves and this country for the cheap prospect of getting reelected…willing to cover up and lie. The worst thing is the very people who are supposed to protect the American people with the truth – the leading mainstream media…they have become a threat, a fundamental threat to American democracy and the enemies of the American people… these people have no honor… coverup is too nice of a word…”

“This President didn’t care enough to stay in the White House.“

ted c on October 28, 2012 at 9:10 PM

^^^^^^^^T H I S !….I can’t even watch the news channels on Sunday morning…I tried and saw them fluff off the questions when asked this morning…I’m getting “postal”!

KOOLAID2 on October 28, 2012 at 9:16 PM

Smithers, there’s a rocket in my pocket.

You don’t have to tell me, sir.

Lanceman on October 28, 2012 at 9:16 PM

My girlfriend lives in Delaware.

wolly4321 on October 28, 2012 at 9:02 PM

My husband lives in Texas.

annoyinglittletwerp on October 28, 2012 at 9:05 PM

I live in Massachusetts.

massrighty on October 28, 2012 at 9:16 PM

What is more Annoying???

A) Fake Trolls
B) Real Trolls

MGardner on October 28, 2012 at 9:16 PM

ted c on October 28, 2012 at 9:15 PM

I have news for you. Wayne LaPierre was right. Clinton didn’t give two sh!ts about dead Americans than barky does.

Lanceman on October 28, 2012 at 9:17 PM

What is more Annoying???

A) Fake Trolls
B) Real Trolls

MGardner on October 28, 2012 at 9:16 PM

22044 on October 28, 2012 at 9:17 PM

Or

C) Polls coming out of Ohio with a D+8 sample

MGardner on October 28, 2012 at 9:17 PM

I live in Massachusetts.

massrighty on October 28, 2012 at 9:16 PM

No kidding? I was thinking Louisiana.

Lanceman on October 28, 2012 at 9:18 PM

MGardner on October 28, 2012 at 9:16 PM

B

They are having fun at the expense of those who ain’t paying attention.

Real trolls…annoying as “all-get-out”.

cozmo on October 28, 2012 at 9:18 PM

We own the IR world.

6.18,, one way trip.

wolly4321 on October 28, 2012 at 9:15 PM

Dude…
What I said was anyone with IR visual aid equipment can see the laser beam..
You can buy this equipment on Amazon…
I have a digital camera that I removed the IR blocking filter lens..
It can now see in the dark with my TV’s remote control (IR transmitting device)
I am serious…

Electrongod on October 28, 2012 at 9:18 PM

happytobehere on October 28, 2012 at 9:15 PM

Please provide a link to a blog that has “sensible” trolls. I’ll be more than glad to check it out.

predator on October 28, 2012 at 9:18 PM

Lanceman on October 28, 2012 at 9:17 PM

you very well may be right, but who has more “dead Americans” on their watch???

ted c on October 28, 2012 at 9:19 PM

These pretzels are making me thirsty!

wargamer6 on October 28, 2012 at 9:20 PM

Barry doesn’t have to tell us anything about Benghazi. It’s covered under Executive Privilege. Just like “Fast and Furious”.

GarandFan on October 28, 2012 at 9:20 PM

Looks like maybe 3,000 people in a small hall. What’s the big deal?

gumbyandpokey on October 28, 2012 at 8:16 PM

You seem testy. Things no going the way you predicted?

Night Owl on October 28, 2012 at 9:20 PM

you very well may be right, but who has more “dead Americans” on their watch???

ted c on October 28, 2012 at 9:19 PM

I don’t know. Clinton would be preferable at this point. Carter would be preferable at this point.

Lanceman on October 28, 2012 at 9:20 PM

How is this not a story on the level of Abu Ghraib???

There needs to be as many conservative media outlets as liberal ones, someone has to figure it out. 50% of the country is conservative, so 50% of the media people in the white house press briefing should be conservative. Can’t someone figure it out??

WisCon on October 28, 2012 at 9:21 PM

Let’s go back to 2004. Cindy Sheehan had been turned into a media star during the 2004 presidential election for no reason other than that her son had died and she was willing to lend her name to the left’s campaign. There was no specific issue that Sheehan raised, but nevertheless the media was willing to cover her every sneeze.

And now 2012. Charles Woods, the father of Tyrone Woods, one of the Navy SEALS killed at the Benghazi consulate, has made serious allegations about his encounter with Hillary Clinton and the refusal of the Obama Administration to save his son. And the media has conducted a complete blackout of the story.

ted c on October 28, 2012 at 9:21 PM

I live in Massachusetts.

massrighty on October 28, 2012 at 9:16 PM

Stay safe my friend

gophergirl on October 28, 2012 at 9:22 PM

[I]n the meantime all the media wants to do is make this about Romney..the morons. And it is worth noting that whenever Romney has made an issue of Obama’s screw ups in regards to any of these events the media attacked Romney and circled the wagons around Obama.

Terrye on October 28, 2012 at 9:00 PM

Which is exactly why Romney didn’t “go after Benghazi” at the 3rd debate & anyone with 2 brains cells to rub together can see that (which excludes just about everybody in the MSM). At the 2nd debate Romney saw Obama flat out lie about Benghazi & the MODERATOR step in to lie & cover for Obama on it. Obama can (and does) change his story willy-nilly & the MSM will not only cover for him, they will attack Romney for daring to bring it up. Plus, if there was one thing Obama prepped on for the 3rd debate it was some kind of new Benghazi lie to trap Romney. Romney decided not to give Obama & the MSM the satisfaction. A smart move, especially as that no matter how much the MSM complains that “Romney didn’t bring it up” they also can’t blame him or accuse him of “politicizing” it either. The entire Benghazi mess is why I’m too disgusted to even post much lately — the fact that there are people still supporting the SCoaMF after all we now know about Benghazi is shameful.

BTW — are things so bad in Obama Fantasy World that even the trolls don’t bother anymore & Lanceman has to fake troll HA?

Dark Star on October 28, 2012 at 9:22 PM

Night Owl on October 28, 2012 at 9:20 PM

OFA’s checks must be bouncing.

wargamer6 on October 28, 2012 at 9:22 PM

This is the same cover up that appears after each act of Muslim violence. It is the single greatest cover up of the 21st Century.

ted c on October 28, 2012 at 9:12 PM

Remember why Hussein had to lie about Benghazi tragedy, and go to the UN to declare a death threat against Americans ??
Well, his other sugadaddy has spoken again, I’m curious what Hussein will cook up this time to kill Americans :(
and please his daddy

burrata on October 28, 2012 at 9:22 PM

If Clinton plans on sabotaging barky, he’d better get his ass in gear. Ain’t much time left for him to make a difference.

Lanceman on October 28, 2012 at 9:22 PM

I guess I’m asking, is it always like this?

happytobehere on October 28, 2012 at 9:15 PM

There is the occasional troll who makes the attempt at reasoned argument, but they are notable because of their scarcity. verbaluce comes to mind, but only the 10% of the time when he leaves the talking points behind and has a real thought.

IamDA on October 28, 2012 at 9:22 PM

And another thing. You all were so glad to have Chimpy McBushitler as President.

At least obama can speak in complete sentences.

Lanceman on October 28, 2012 at 9:06 PM

Except when he is sans TOTUS. Then every third word is um, uh, corpseman, etc.

chewmeister on October 28, 2012 at 9:22 PM

B) Real Trolls

MGardner on October 28, 2012 at 9:16 PM

Real trolls turn to stone at daybreak.

IamDA on October 28, 2012 at 9:23 PM

predator on October 28, 2012 at 9:18 PM

Sorry, I didn’t mean to say other blogs have more sensible trolls, just that there are less posts by them.

The troll/post ratio seems much lower at almost every site I’ve seen. Ace, Lucianne (which i rarely frequent) heck even newspaper article comment sections.

I’m just asking if it’s always like this or if there is hope for the future here.

happytobehere on October 28, 2012 at 9:23 PM

Ephing, liberal, narcissists, every one of them. And thanks to the liberal, up-where-the-sun-don’t-shine lamestream media, this will be a non-issue until after the election, and only then if oba-mao loses. What scum……….

ultracon on October 28, 2012 at 9:24 PM

Cindy Sheehan, like the Terrys, was understandably devastated by the loss of her son. But there were two not-so-small differences in the Sheehan case and the Terry case.

First, unlike Fast and Furious and the secrecy surrounding Brian Terry’s death, there was nothing remotely secret about the military action that took Casey Sheehan’s life. The Iraq War was endlessly litigated — quite publicly — in the Congress and the court of public opinion. It was a major issue in George Bush’s 2004 re-election campaign, in which Bush defeated John Kerry. And it was a major issue in 2008, when then-Senator Barack Obama made it a major issue against John McCain — and won.

Fast and Furious, on the contrary, was conceived in secret, executed in secret, and is now at the center of a Congressional effort to reveal just who knew what and when.

But there is a second difference between Cindy Sheehan and the Terrys.

When Cindy Sheehan spoke out about the death of her son Casey she was inundated — and I do mean inundated — with coverage from the mainstream media.

ted c on October 28, 2012 at 9:25 PM

predator on October 28, 2012 at 9:18 PM

I consider libdie a ‘sensible’ troll. Also the cur-dog.

Lanceman on October 28, 2012 at 9:25 PM

I believe that our Lanceman may be suffering from Troll Displacement Syndrome, induced, no doubt, from a long and unhealthy association with trolls.

Think if it as a form of troll fatigue.

Those suffering with TDS often find themselves taking the place of the troll, the object of the displacement.

It’s only a matter of time before the condition runs it’s course, and the sufferer finds themselves restored to full vitality.

thatsafactjack on October 28, 2012 at 9:25 PM

But our current CiC will betray has betrayed Americans..

Electrongod on October 28, 2012 at 9:01 PM

FIFY.

climbnjump on October 28, 2012 at 9:25 PM

ted c on October 28, 2012 at 9:25 PM

Heh. Sheehan is Roseanne’s VP pick. Actually on the ballot here in Floriduh.

Lanceman on October 28, 2012 at 9:26 PM

What is more Annoying???

A) Fake Trolls
B) Real Trolls

MGardner on October 28, 2012 at 9:16 PM

NGardner:

C)…The twits,that don’t know that they are Trolls!

canopfor on October 28, 2012 at 9:26 PM

# NBC Nightly News anchor Brian Williams worked Sheehan into his opening tease: “Defending the war: President Bush concedes the Iraq mission is tough. He says pulling out would embolden the terrorists, and he talks about the protesting mother demanding to meet him.

ted c on October 28, 2012 at 9:26 PM

ted c on October 28, 2012 at 9:10 PM

it is pretty clear that, on balance, we no longer have a free press…they would prefer to subjugate themselves to their left-wing internationalist ideology, and specifically to Obama.

there are small remainder, CSM has reported on what the Fox people have done, a couple of reporters at the majors…and FNC. I’m all in favor of blogs etc. but they are normally secondary sources.

If Romney wins, one of the major projects of the right must be to push the leftist ideology back in the face of ‘reports’…like Hume did. Rick Klein was all DNC talking points about bengazhi on the greta show, and Lowry and a guy from WS just meekly reponded.

Conservatives who get on tv at all levels must be in the face of the leftists…just like the press has been in the face of conservatives for decades

r keller on October 28, 2012 at 9:26 PM

That PPP Ohio poll is worse than the Gravis poll. Honestly they don’t even try anymore.

gophergirl on October 28, 2012 at 9:27 PM

Lanceman on October 28, 2012 at 9:22 PM

It’s already underway..

Electrongod on October 28, 2012 at 9:28 PM

No kidding? I was thinking Louisiana.

Lanceman on October 28, 2012 at 9:18 PM

I know, right?

BTW, loved your fishing (or was it Bishing?) upthread.

massrighty on October 28, 2012 at 9:28 PM

Dude,, It’s SEALS against goat herders. Who owns the bandwith?

Fact: one brave man was painting targets, and no guns came.

On that, I am sure you will agree.

wolly4321 on October 28, 2012 at 9:28 PM

happytobehere on October 28, 2012 at 9:23 PM

For better or worse, many of us think it’s fun to respond to the trolls – so there’s a lot of back & forth that often ends up taking over a thread.

22044 on October 28, 2012 at 9:29 PM

I guess I’m asking, is it always like this?
happytobehere on October 28, 2012 at 9:15 PM

They are particularly lame recently. Good trolls cost money and Obama is keeping all the campaign cash for himself.

txhsmom on October 28, 2012 at 9:29 PM

# The CBS Evening News, which had already carried two full stories on Sheehan, on Thursday night held itself to this brief item read by anchor Bob Schieffer: “Turning now to the war, President Bush said today there will be no change in Iraq policy. After a meeting with his top advisors at his ranch where he is on vacation, the President said withdrawing U.S. troops would be a mistake and a terrible signal to the enemy. He also took notice of Cindy Sheehan, the anti-war activist who lost her son in Iraq. She’s been camping out near the ranch, demanding a meeting with the President.”

Read more: http://newsbusters.org/node/248#ixzz2AeBe2tAY

I wonder if Tyrone Woods’ or Glen Doherty’s parent’s should start camping out at Obama’s ranch. Maybe then we could get some coverage????

/ideas.

ted c on October 28, 2012 at 9:29 PM

It’s already underway..

Electrongod on October 28, 2012 at 9:28 PM

Needs to be a little stronger than that weaksauce “I thought he was gonna cry” crap.

Like maybe Hillary throwing his ass under the bus, slamming it into reverse and running over him again.

Lanceman on October 28, 2012 at 9:30 PM

FIFY.

climbnjump on October 28, 2012 at 9:25 PM

That is correct..

Electrongod on October 28, 2012 at 9:30 PM

BTW, loved your fishing (or was it Bishing?) upthread.

massrighty on October 28, 2012 at 9:28 PM

It’s my protest to everyone here who responds to the Gumbo and wrecks every thread.

Almost worse than AnninaCAn.

Lanceman on October 28, 2012 at 9:31 PM

ted c on October 28, 2012 at 9:29 PM
Didn’t Doherty’s mom accuse Mitt of exploiting the Benghazi dead-and didn’t she say that she thought Mitt was untrustworthy?

annoyinglittletwerp on October 28, 2012 at 9:32 PM

Lanceman on October 28, 2012 at 9:31 PM

But you summon that clay calumny up.. and you also have been known to go back and forth with libdie on occasion yourself. :)

thatsafactjack on October 28, 2012 at 9:32 PM

Lanceman on October 28, 2012 at 9:30 PM

Because the MSM sets the narrative..

Whould you fall on your sword without looking around to see if it was necessary?

We have to deal with the system that is in place..

Electrongod on October 28, 2012 at 9:33 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on October 28, 2012 at 9:32 PM

Prolly another Shannon Breitweiser type.

Lanceman on October 28, 2012 at 9:33 PM

happytobehere on October 28, 2012 at 9:23 PM

Hang in until 11/07. Should thin out some after that.

predator on October 28, 2012 at 9:33 PM

gophergirl on October 28, 2012 at 9:27 PM

Did anyone else hear Brit Hume on FBN? He said the battleground poll coming out tomorrow which is a respected poll shows Romney up 5 . Jun Williams looked like he was crying

Conservative4ev on October 28, 2012 at 9:33 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on October 28, 2012 at 9:32 PM

I guess she could have and I think you’re right. However, Mitt isn’t Doherty’s mom. Does she wonder what her son’s last wishes were? How he died? Who he spoke with in his last breaths? If he died alone? Did anyone try to rescue him?

ted c on October 28, 2012 at 9:34 PM

thatsafactjack on October 28, 2012 at 9:32 PM

I truly like libdie. And he doesn’t post stupid crap. He just has a different world view. And he doesn’t hijack threads.

Lanceman on October 28, 2012 at 9:34 PM

Conservative4ev on October 28, 2012 at 9:33 PM

I didn’t but I hope that’s true.

gophergirl on October 28, 2012 at 9:34 PM

Speaking of Polling………………………

New poll: Israeli Jews prefer Romney by large margin
Posted By Uri Friedman Sunday,
October 28, 2012 – 1:00 PM
***************************

As a recent

BBC World Service poll

suggested, Barack Obama would cruise to victory if countries ranging from France to Kenya to Canada could vote in the U.S. presidential election. But a new Peace Index poll reveals that Mitt Romney has a sizable advantage in at least one country:
Israel.

The survey, which was conducted last week by the Israel Democracy Institute and Tel Aviv University, found that 57 percent of Jewish Israelis felt that it would be preferable for Romney to win the election from the perspective of Israeli interests, while 22 percent said the same about Obama. Seventy percent of self-identified right-wingers, 54 percent of centrists, and 30 percent of left-wingers surveyed expressed support for Romney. Meanwhile, a plurality of Arab Israelis in the poll preferred Obama (45 percent) to Romney (15 percent).

A Peace Index poll

over the summer, when Romney traveled to Jerusalem, yielded similar — if less pronounced — results, with 40 percent of Jewish Israeli respondents supporting Romney and 19 percent backing Obama on a slightly different question:

Which candidate would assign “more importance to defending Israel’s national interests?”
(More….)
==========

canopfor on October 28, 2012 at 9:34 PM

Evenin’ jackie.

predator on October 28, 2012 at 9:34 PM

Conservative4ev on October 28, 2012 at 9:33 PM

Oh, Jesus Christ, now you’ve done it.

Pokebutt in 3..2..1..

Lanceman on October 28, 2012 at 9:35 PM

22044 on October 28, 2012 at 9:29 PM

Oh, don’t get me wrong, I love a good argument. It’s not the combativeness that bothers me, it’s the sheer lameness of the trolls here. They’re so bad that half the time I can’t tell if they’re impersonating a troll.

Oh well, not trying to complain, just wondering.

happytobehere on October 28, 2012 at 9:35 PM

Tilly on October 28, 2012 at 8:35 PM

Funny how we think the evil we see is a new thing, but it’s not.

Night Owl on October 28, 2012 at 9:36 PM

Almost worse than AnninaCAn.

Lanceman on October 28, 2012 at 9:31 PM

Close, but no cigar…

OmahaConservative on October 28, 2012 at 9:36 PM

predator on October 28, 2012 at 9:33 PM

You know, I was thinking about that… and you know how the LEFT loves to play the ‘speaking truth to power’ part. Remember how they acted when Bush was president? I’m wondering if these lame trolls will start in the moment they’ve finished licking their wounds after the election’ over. Maybe three to five days before they kick in whining and complaining about everything Romney has said he wants to do, and they’ll get their talking points from the usual sources.

thatsafactjack on October 28, 2012 at 9:37 PM

Oh well, not trying to complain, just wondering.

happytobehere on October 28, 2012 at 9:35 PM

THIS^^^

Lanceman..
fess up..

Electrongod on October 28, 2012 at 9:38 PM

happytobehere on October 28, 2012 at 9:35 PM

There’s only two people here who try to make an effort to really troll for the heck of it – RioLindaRefugee and that insipid Lanceman.

Lanceman on October 28, 2012 at 9:38 PM

predator on October 28, 2012 at 9:34 PM

Good evening, Predator. Very nice to see you this evening. :)

thatsafactjack on October 28, 2012 at 9:38 PM

canopfor on October 28, 2012 at 9:34 PM

I’m more interested in AMERICAN Jews preferring Romney…speaking of which, I think my mother(bless her heart) is writing in Nader…again.

annoyinglittletwerp on October 28, 2012 at 9:38 PM

Close, but no cigar…

OmahaConservative on October 28, 2012 at 9:36 PM

Yeah, her 12″ double-spaced diatribes drove me nuts.

Lanceman on October 28, 2012 at 9:39 PM

If Nixon could be driven from office and forced to resign over Watergate and the subsequent coverup, which was, after all, only an illegal break-in of DNC offices at the Watergate, with no one even being injured, much less killed, then Obama’s lies and coverup of Benghazi-gate, in which Americans were killed, which was likely preventable, should also be a NATIONAL OUTRAGE over which Hillary Clinton should have to resign, Obama should have to resign, and they and all their henchmen and handmaidens foisting the coverup on the American people should be criminally prosecuted.

We know we cannot count on Obama’s liberal, lapdog media to adequately cover this shameful outrage, as they literally hounded Nixon and his officials for weeks and weeks over Watergate, even often camping out at their homes, so write your local newspaper editors, write your congressional representatives and demand they ensure a full and swift investigation and accounting. Use parts of this article if you like, even without attribution, but take some action! The families of four brave, murdered Americans cry out to you, to all of us, for justice.

ted c on October 28, 2012 at 9:39 PM

Close, but no cigar…

OmahaConservative on October 28, 2012 at 9:36 PM

She never returned it??

Bill is not happy…

Electrongod on October 28, 2012 at 9:39 PM

Oh well, not trying to complain, just wondering.

happytobehere on October 28, 2012 at 9:35 PM

Not at all, thanks for the comment! I enjoy thoughtful arguments too.

22044 on October 28, 2012 at 9:39 PM

thatsafactjack on October 28, 2012 at 9:37 PM

Think entertainment value. As Rush once said, the left is always more entertaining when they’re out of power.

Popcorn time! Start the show!

predator on October 28, 2012 at 9:40 PM

Conservative4ev on October 28, 2012 at 9:33 PM

In Ohio or National???

MGardner on October 28, 2012 at 9:40 PM

Lanceman on October 28, 2012 at 9:34 PM

Evening, Lanceman. As to libdie, you can have him.

thatsafactjack on October 28, 2012 at 9:40 PM

Yeah, her 12″ double-spaced diatribes drove me nuts.

Lanceman on October 28, 2012 at 9:39 PM

And her wine and steak fixation…

OmahaConservative on October 28, 2012 at 9:40 PM

She never returned it??

Bill is not happy…

Electrongod on October 28, 2012 at 9:39 PM

LOLZ!

OmahaConservative on October 28, 2012 at 9:41 PM

Do you all remember that crazy broad who left her husband and kids in Florida so she could join the OWS bozos to protest against the evil bankers?

She’s divorcing her husband, giving up custody of her kids and walking away with a $85,385 settlement from money that he earned as one of those evil bankers.

Flora Duh on October 28, 2012 at 9:41 PM

Evening, Lanceman. As to libdie, you can have him.

thatsafactjack on October 28, 2012 at 9:40 PM

Evening Jackie.
I think libdie is discouraged.

22044 on October 28, 2012 at 9:41 PM

predator on October 28, 2012 at 9:40 PM

I agree… and I think that it will be interesting that they’ll actually have to figure out, for the first time, what Romney and Ryan have been saying throughout the campaign, because they certainly haven’t paid attention so far. Its been pure denial and backing Obama regardless of what Romney and Ryan said they wanted to do. I’m certain they’ve ignored the substance of what Romney and Ryan have said.

Just schooling the trolls on the actual plans should provide a great deal of free entertainment. :)

thatsafactjack on October 28, 2012 at 9:43 PM

Destroy the system that is in place. The media.

wolly4321 on October 28, 2012 at 9:44 PM

Evening, Lanceman. As to libdie, you can have him.

thatsafactjack on October 28, 2012 at 9:40 PM

Another one I like for different reasons is that new one – aikukuna or something. Funny as all get-out.

And her wine and steak fixation…

OmahaConservative on October 28, 2012 at 9:40 PM

Oh yeah, her recipes.

Lanceman on October 28, 2012 at 9:44 PM

Flora Duh on October 28, 2012 at 9:41 PM

She’ll be destitute within a year.

predator on October 28, 2012 at 9:44 PM

NumbersMuncher ‏@NumbersMuncher

Bottom line of PPPs OH, FL, NH polls: If Obama gets much better turnout than 08, he will win by less than he did in 08. Think about that.

Resist We Much on October 28, 2012 at 9:44 PM

Flora Duh on October 28, 2012 at 9:41 PM

The money will be gone in no time. Meanwhile, the father and kids will be able to move on.

How long before she comes back wanting more?

cozmo on October 28, 2012 at 9:44 PM

22044 on October 28, 2012 at 9:41 PM

Good evening, ’44! How are you feeling this evening?

As to libdie, he should be discouraged. Reality must be dawning.

thatsafactjack on October 28, 2012 at 9:45 PM

Flora Duh on October 28, 2012 at 9:41 PM

How much blow can she buy with $ 85,000 while living in a
rape-tent ?
:O :O

burrata on October 28, 2012 at 9:45 PM

OFF TOPIC!
Is there ANY freakin’ way to travel around Hotair anymore without those &*^%$% videos starting, you can’t even turn them off half the time! It’s getting way beyond old!

redhead on October 28, 2012 at 9:45 PM

Brat on October 28, 2012 at 9:11 PM

Castlewood, Va.

Good luck to you and to yours, and pray for all of the less fortunate who will suffer no matter.

I’m gone for some more in order to monitor the whatchamacallitblizzardfrankenshitthingie>

hillbillyjim on October 28, 2012 at 9:45 PM

While the corrupt state run lapdog media continues to cover-up the BenghaziGate cover-up, Charles Woods, father murdered Navy Seal Tyrone Woods hasn’t been silent. Last night he revealed that during the memorial service for his son, Joe Biden came over to him and screamed ‘Did your son always have balls the size of cue balls?’ Now today, he came out and blatantly called the White House murderers for allowing the Muslim terrorists to kill his son along with three other Americans, after it was revealed that the CIA requested help three times during the Benghazi terrorist attack and Obama rejected them all three times.

ted c on October 28, 2012 at 9:46 PM

Good evening, ’44! How are you feeling this evening?

As to libdie, he should be discouraged. Reality must be dawning.

thatsafactjack on October 28, 2012 at 9:45 PM

Feeling well, thanks.
Eager to move about tomorrow and spend some time at the office, if the rain isn’t too prohibitive.

22044 on October 28, 2012 at 9:47 PM

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm………..

@PhillyInquirer tweeted:
PhillyInquirer
FactCheck: Benghazi Timeline– From ‘spontaneous protest’ to premeditated terrorist attack. http://t.co/DhPiwWMq @drudge @breakingnews

Oct 27, 2012, 11:00 a.m. from twitter.com by partner

=====================================================

FactCheck: Benghazi Timeline

The long road from ‘spontaneous protest’ to premeditated terrorist attack.
Posted: Sat, Oct. 27, 2012, 10:34 AM
************************************

What follows is a timeline of events that we hope will help put the incident into perspective. We call attention in particular to these key facts:

There were no protesters at the Benghazi consulate prior to the attack, even though Obama and others repeatedly said the attackers joined an angry mob that had formed in opposition to the anti-Muslim film that had triggered protests in Egypt and elsewhere. The State Department disclosed this fact Oct. 9 — nearly a month after the attack.
Libya President Mohamed Magariaf insisted on Sept. 16 — five days after the attack — that it was a planned terrorist attack, but administration officials continued for days later to say there was no evidence of a planned attack.
Magariaf also said the idea that the attack was a “spontaneous protest that just spun out of control is completely unfounded and preposterous.” This, too, was on Sept. 16. Yet, Obama and others continued to describe the incident in exactly those terms — including during the president’s Sept. 18 appearance on the “Late Show With David Letterman.”
Matt Olsen, director of the National Counterterrorism Center, was the first administration official to call it “a terrorist attack” during a Sept. 19 congressional hearing. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton did the same on Sept. 20. Even so, Obama declined opportunities to call it a terrorist attack when asked at a town hall meeting on Sept. 20 and during a taping of “The View” on Sept. 24.

Here is our timeline:
**********************

Analysis

Sept. 11: The Attack
*********************

2:30 p.m. Eastern Daylight Time (8:30 p.m. Benghazi time): U.S. Ambassador to Libya Chris Stevens steps outside the consulate to say goodbye to a Turkish diplomat. There are no protesters at this time. (“Everything is calm at 8:30,” a State Department official would later say at an Oct. 9 background briefing for reporters. “There’s nothing unusual. There has been nothing unusual during the day at all outside.”)

3 p.m.: Ambassador Stevens retires to his bedroom for the evening. (See Oct. 9 briefing.)

Approximately 3:40 p.m. A security agent at the Benghazi compound hears “loud noises” coming from the front gate and “gunfire and an explosion.” A senior State Department official at the Oct. 9 briefing says that “the camera on the main gate reveals a large number of people – a large number of men, armed men, flowing into the compound.”

About 4 p.m.: This is the approximate time of attack that was given to reporters at a Sept. 12 State Department background briefing. An administration official identified only as “senior administration official one” provides an official timeline of events at the consulate, but only from the time of the attack — not prior to the attack. The official says, “The compound where our office is in Benghazi began taking fire from unidentified Libyan extremists.” (Six of the next seven entries in this timeline — through 8:30 p.m. EDT — all come from the Sept. 12 briefing. The exception being the 6:07 p.m. entry, which comes from Reuters.)

About 4:15 p.m.: “The attackers gained access to the compound and began firing into the main building, setting it on fire. The Libyan guard force and our mission security personnel responded. At that time, there were three people inside the building: Ambassador Stevens, one of our regional security officers, and Information Management Officer Sean Smith.”

Between 4:15 p.m.-4:45 p.m.: Sean Smith is found dead.

About 4:45 p.m.: “U.S. security personnel assigned to the mission annex tried to regain the main building, but that group also took heavy fire and had to return to the mission annex.”

About 5:20 p.m.: “U.S. and Libyan security personnel … regain the main building and they were able to secure it.”

Around 6 p.m.: “The mission annex then came under fire itself at around 6 o’clock in the evening our time, and that continued for about two hours. It was during that time that two additional U.S. personnel were killed and two more were wounded during that ongoing attack.”

6:07 p.m.: The State Department’s Operations Center sends an email to the White House, Pentagon, FBI and other government agencies that said Ansar al-Sharia has claimed credit for the attack on its Facebook and Twitter accounts. (The existence of the email was not disclosed until Reuters reported it on Oct. 24.)

About 8:30 p.m.: “Libyan security forces were able to assist us in regaining control of the situation. At some point in all of this – and frankly, we do not know when – we believe that Ambassador Stevens got out of the building and was taken to a hospital in Benghazi. We do not have any information what his condition was at that time. His body was later returned to U.S. personnel at the Benghazi airport.”

About 10:00 p.m.: Secretary of State Hillary Clinton issues a statement confirming that one State official was killed in an attack on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi. Her statement, which MSNBC posted at 10:32 p.m., made reference to the anti-Muslim video.

Clinton: Some have sought to justify this vicious behavior as a response to inflammatory material posted on the Internet. The United States deplores any intentional effort to denigrate the religious beliefs of others. Our commitment to religious tolerance goes back to the very beginning of our nation. But let me be clear: There is never any justification for violent acts of this kind.
(More….)

Page:(1 of 5)

canopfor on October 28, 2012 at 9:47 PM

redhead on October 28, 2012 at 9:45 PM

Abine gets rid of it all. :)

thatsafactjack on October 28, 2012 at 9:47 PM