Videos: Celebrity check-ins for 2012

posted at 8:01 pm on October 27, 2012 by Ed Morrissey

It’s a Saturday, which means we need a couple of palate cleansers, especially this close to the election.  First up is Reason TV’s Nick Gillespie, who jumps into the Wayback Machine and recalls a particularly creepy 2009 video in which a number of entertainment-industry celebrities pledged to “serve Barack Obama.”  How did that work out for what Nick calls “America’s best and brightest celebrities”?  In some cases, we probably don’t want to know:

Next, Steven Crowder has decided to make his own celebrity appeal on behalf of Barack Obama.  Donning a wig and a fake tattoo, Steven explains that every young person should make their “first time” special by trading it for, er, “more free crap”:

Frankly, I’m not sure which of these is more disturbing.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Introducing Julie Borowski in Another Fun Lena Dunham Parody.

Fallon on October 27, 2012 at 8:58 PM

That one is a hoot, and a fast paced one to boot. Thanks for sharing.

jazzuscounty on October 27, 2012 at 10:56 PM

O/T: the Libya debacle is getting traction everywhere. Kudlow (one of the economics guys on CNBC) was blasting Jugears and his posse about it for most of the first hour of his Saturday show. For him, it is a mortal sin to watch our peeps die on TV and refuse to try to rescue them. He is not going to let this go.

platypus on October 27, 2012 at 8:09 PM

EXCELLENT!!!!!

Cleombrotus on October 27, 2012 at 11:17 PM

Enjoyed Crowder for the first time in a while, but I still don’t get why he can’t figure out how to record sound properly.

TexasDan on October 27, 2012 at 8:58 PM

Ssoooooorry. I’ve moved into a new place. Think I lost my LAV’s. :(

StevenCrowder on October 27, 2012 at 11:24 PM

I like Crowder’s bit almost as much as his Qu’ran Challenge. ALREADY?!?!?

Cindy Munford on October 28, 2012 at 12:07 AM

Okay, Steven Crowder-

That video was awesome! You rock! And thank you for spelling your first name the right way.

Happy Nomad on October 28, 2012 at 12:10 AM

I like Crowder’s bit almost as much as his Qu’ran Challenge. ALREADY?!?!?

Cindy Munford on October 28, 2012 at 12:07 AM

WOW, that takes me back!

StevenCrowder on October 28, 2012 at 12:21 AM

That first video made me think of the Borg collective. If I have to be part of the Borg I want to look like Seven-of-Nine.

neyney on October 27, 2012 at 8:48 PM

If I have to be part of the collective, I want you to look like 7 of 9, too!

GWB on October 28, 2012 at 12:22 AM

Seriously guys….WTF is with these damn ads on the sidebar? If I wanted to hear them, I would click on them. All they do is piss me off when I’m trying to listen t Crowder!

john1schn on October 28, 2012 at 12:49 AM

john1schn on October 28, 2012 at 12:49 AM

Use Mozilla Firefox then go to the tools icon, down at the bottom is AdBlock Plus, use it. It will change your life.

Cindy Munford on October 28, 2012 at 12:53 AM

LOL! That was funny. Way to go Crowder! I think this is his funniest video yet.

terryannonline on October 28, 2012 at 1:00 AM

Cindy Munford on October 28, 2012 at 12:53 AM

You are so correct! Thank you!

john1schn on October 28, 2012 at 1:11 AM

paratisi on October 27, 2012 at 8:05 PM

Annoying self promotion is annoying.

cptacek on October 28, 2012 at 1:39 AM

christ that Crowder vis is almost as annoying and repulsive as the original.

Here’s a better vid for any fools that are still ‘undecided’

rayra on October 28, 2012 at 4:08 AM

As usual Mr. Crowder nails the left on just exactly how they sound to non leftists.. they whine about greed..

but greed is the only message they have… I want I want I want I want I want,… isn’t anything but left wing greed on a stick.

and those celebs?…

Yeah.. I notice after pledging their lives their property and their sacred honor… oh wait.. not their property.. and what honor?… but they did pledge their dignity and self respect when they sold their souls to the left’s poster child for “do as I say, not as I do”…

For people who claim to be the smartest and brightest, they have all the intellectual power of a 15 watt refrigerator bulb.

mark81150 on October 28, 2012 at 7:04 AM

And you wonder why some of us refer to the place as HOLLYWEIRD?

pilamaye on October 28, 2012 at 7:33 AM

LOL! That was funny. Way to go Crowder! I think this is his funniest video yet.

terryannonline on October 28, 2012 at 1:00 AM

Thanks. That really does mean a lot!

StevenCrowder on October 28, 2012 at 7:48 AM

Cindy Munford on October 28, 2012 at 12:53 AM

And don’t forget to put NoScript on your Firefox… you can always unblock sites to get content and then go right back to blocking them after you get it.

Amazing how everything speeds up once you stop buggy scripts from loading.

ajacksonian on October 28, 2012 at 9:17 AM

“Don’t flush after you:11 PM

I don’t flush after I pee because I go outside and pee in my back yard. Would Barry BAMSTAHHHHHHH!!!!! YOU DA MANNNNNNNNNNN BAMMMMMMMY BABYYYY!!! LOVE YA BARRY OL BUDDY OL PALLLLLLL!!!!!! YAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dator on October 27, PM

cableguy615 on October 28, 2012 at 9:37 AM

Great stuff. If only liberals would watch occasionally.

talkingpoints on October 28, 2012 at 10:49 AM

I’m always up for making fun of liberals….nothing cleanses the palette quite so nicely…

BUT… the King of Liberal Ridicule is an unknown I found on Alfonzo Rachel’s site… Joe Dan Gorman of Intellectual Frog Legs. Check dude out. I’m hooked.

On the immortal words of Mark Levin…. “Thank me very much”

deedtrader on October 28, 2012 at 1:36 PM

Crowder, golly!

roy_batty on October 28, 2012 at 5:28 PM

I pledge to remember everyone who pledged and avoid everything they are in.

roy_batty on October 28, 2012 at 5:31 PM

Forgot about that idiot who pledged to flush the toilet — or terlet, if you’re Archie Bunker — after he took a dump. Wonder how that’s working out for him.

pdigaudio on October 29, 2012 at 2:02 AM