The War on Bacon

posted at 6:01 pm on October 26, 2012 by Mary Katharine Ham

Kelly Maher of Revealing Politics and I are doing a little talk show for 30-45 minutes, here, at 6:15 p.m. every day. We named it The War on Bacon. We figure, since the government is after trans fats, big sodas, salt, and most other sinfully delicious things, it won’t be long before they zero in on our favorite— bacon. So, as fans of pork products— how could I not be?— we are here to fight for it, in the most crucial fight of our time— The War on Bacon. Join the ranks of the Baconators and fight with us!

We talk a lot of politics, a bit of culture, a splash of sports, and in the end, strive to be a show Ron Swanson would want to watch.

On the agenda today, Lena Dunham’s ad vs. Mitt’s “Momentum” video, breaking news on Benghazi, the president actually gets a tough, local interview in Denver, and Martha McSally continues to rock.

Mary Katharine Ham of HotAir.com and Kelly Maher of RevealingPolitics.com discuss politics, culture, and all kinds of other randomness. A good happy hour timed show, please join us live every day at 6:15 EST.

Comments

Baconistas Unite!!

SparkPlug on October 26, 2012 at 6:10 PM

Sigh…. No Bacony goodness for me today… It’s beer day… Must go drink mass quantities…

SWalker on October 26, 2012 at 6:10 PM

I can’t get in the box. Oh, you’re not live… :( <— Sad face.

Fallon on October 26, 2012 at 6:10 PM

Yes, ride McSally, ride!

TXUS on October 26, 2012 at 6:13 PM

Has anybody heard any news on Dan Riehl? I hope he’s doing better.

CitizenEgg on October 26, 2012 at 6:23 PM

Has anybody heard any news on Dan Riehl? I hope he’s doing better.

CitizenEgg on October 26, 2012 at 6:23 PM

Just this from Instapundit yesterday.

Fallon on October 26, 2012 at 6:33 PM

Has anybody heard any news on Dan Riehl? I hope he’s doing better.

CitizenEgg on October 26, 2012 at 6:23 PM

He is too young for that. Was he on to something big recently?

tom daschle concerned on October 26, 2012 at 6:38 PM

Think this was from today.

@daveweigel @rsmccain @danriehl is on his left side, oxygen feed in place, labored breathing, unconscious. Left a note.

— Chris Smith (@smitty_one_each) October 26, 2012

tom daschle concerned on October 26, 2012 at 6:40 PM

tom daschle concerned on October 26, 2012 at 6:40 PM

Thanks for that. Hoping for better news tomorrow. I’ll be praying for Dan and hope everyone sends warm thoughts his way.

CitizenEgg on October 26, 2012 at 6:54 PM

Lena Dunham is just plain gross. Sorry to be sexist, but I just don’t find her attractive. As little as I want to think about Obama having sex at all, I want to think about her having sex at least as little. Gross.

Kelly and Mary however are a different story. Love you guys! Especially Kelly.

Final thought: Yes, Martha McSally nailed it. Why is it taking so long for people to arrive at the obvious? Oh yeah, because they fear Leftist scum.

*spit*

Well I don’t.

WhatSlushfund on October 26, 2012 at 7:25 PM

Ron Barber is a two faced scheistkoff.

After the parking lot shooting rampage … losing my friend John Roll and many others who I didn’t know, Barber starts this organization devoted to ‘Civility’.
He is a snake in the grass and the most uncivil, below the belt SOB ever to touch a Bible, he is afterall a Dhimmicrap … but I repeat myself.
I hope Martha McSally crushes him at the polls next week.

Missilengr on October 26, 2012 at 7:43 PM