Quotes of the day

posted at 9:23 pm on October 26, 2012 by Allahpundit

Four years after he was elected as a self-described ‘hopemonger’ promising a new post-partisan era, President Barack Obama is trying to claw his way to re-election with an ugly, divisive campaign in which he is playing the role of fearmonger-in-chief…

[I]f Obama is re-elected the way he has run his campaign may make it almost impossible for him to govern effectively – let alone in the spirit of the ‘better angels of our nature’ that Abraham Lincoln cited in his first inaugural speech and that Obama used to love quoting.

It was John McCain who said in 2008 that he would not ‘take the low road to the highest office in the land’.

Obama seems to believe that the load road is his only route back to the White House in 2012. It is the kind of strategy that Candidate Obama in 2008 would have viewed as beneath contempt.

***

A senior Romney strategist who asked not to be named said they expected more attacks from Obama. “The Chicago guys know that he is below 50 on both ballot and approval,” he told National Journal. “It is not that Obama likes to be a hatchet man. They think they have got to bring Romney back down by bringing his negatives back up…. But it is dangerous to have the president himself doing it.”

Madden called it “unfortunate he has to close the final days of the campaign this way.” But that is how most campaigns end, with one candidate ratcheting up the attack rhetoric and the other one trying to stay above the fray. In past campaigns, the one mounting the assault is often the one who either feels the election is slipping away or who finds it impossible to accept that the challenger is making the race so close.

***

What is President Obama doing? What votes is he trying to get? I said last week he had better find ways to appeal to more white voters, especially white working women, or he was going to lose. Well, the Obama campaign must have had a meeting and decided it needed the campaign message to center on the president’s childish, not-quite-cute name-calling, highlighted by vulgar insults. In the meeting it was obviously decided that the clumsy use of “Romnesia” could stay, but that if the president used his own mouth to call Mitt Romney a “bull*****er” that would really appeal to…? Appeal to whom? I have no idea what the Obama campaign is about, 11 days before the election.

In the campaign autopsies that will start in less than two weeks, Oct. 19 could be identified as the exact date that any remnant of Obama’s call for hope and change vanished. The president has descended to a new Nixonian level of slander and slur. Hooting about “Romnesia” and now attributing the idea that Mitt Romney is a “bull*****er” to a 6-year-old girl is where Obama has taken us.

In the final stretch, Obama’s campaign isn’t about offering hope and change but is about appealing to a coarse ignorance that he sees in voters.

***

But even looking beyond the biased analyses being published by liberal sources, the refusal of many Democrats to accept the reality of the Romney surge may be rooted in something more emotional than just skewed poll numbers. Many if not most liberals share the attitude of contempt for the Republicans that were so easily discerned in the attitudes of both President Obama and Vice President Biden during the debates. Though most Americans have rejected the attempt by the president’s campaign to define Romney as a heartless plutocrat or a monster, liberals bought it hook, line and sinker. The idea that such a person could have caught and passed Obama in the space of a few short weeks seems impossible to them not so much because they think the numbers don’t support this thesis but because they just don’t want it to be so.

Rather than debunking Romney’s wave, liberal analysts who seek to deny it are merely confirming their inability to look dispassionately at what has occurred. Democrats living in liberal echo chambers need a reality check.

***

We shouldn’t be talking about this silliness — Big Bird, “bull­s—-er” or a girl’s “first time.”

We should be talking about The Issues, we keep telling ourselves. But in the waning days of the presidential campaign, these are the issues — binders full of cultural issues that continue to divide us and by which Barack Obama hopes to win reelection…

Obama reasoned correctly that he had the majority with him, especially among women and youth, for many of whom these debates seem antiquated to not-applicable. Hence, a new Obama ad by the creator and star of HBO’s “Girls,” Lena Dunham, in which she compares voting for the first time (for a man who understands women) to, you know, “doing it” for the first time. It’s . . . what it is: a message to young women that losing one’s virginity is top of the bucket list, but first you gotta vote for the president who will give you free contraception.

The same ol’ culture wars. But, of course, women have had access to birth control for decades, and no one is trying to take it away. Anyone who suggests otherwise may have been spending too much time with Big Bird.

***

[A] funny thing happened over the next six weeks: Obama’s own cue balls shriveled. Biden had offered up a deft campaign slogan encompassing both domestic and foreign policy: “Osama’s dead and General Motors is alive.” But, as the al-Qaeda connections to Benghazi dribbled out leak by leak, the “Osama’s dead” became a problematic boast and, left to stand alone, the General Motors line was even less credible. Avoiding the economy and foreign affairs, Obama fell back on Big Bird, and binders, and bayonets, just to name the “B”s in his bonnet. At the second presidential debate, he name-checked Planned Parenthood, the General Motors of the American abortion industry, half a dozen times, desperate to preserve his so-called gender gap. Yet oddly enough, the more furiously Obama and Biden have waved their binders and talked up Sandra Fluke, the more his supposed lead among women has withered away. So now he needs to enthuse the young, who turned out in such numbers for him last time. Hence, the official campaign video (plagiarized from Vladimir Putin of all people) explaining that voting for Obama is like having sex. The saddest thing about that claim is that, for liberals, it may well be true.

Both videos — the one faking Obamagasm and the one faking a Benghazi pretext — exemplify the wretched shrinkage that befalls those unable to conceive of anything except in the most self-servingly political terms. Both, in different ways, exemplify why Obama and Biden are unfit for office. One video testifies to a horrible murderous lie at the heart of a head of state’s most solemn responsibility, the other to the glib shallow narcissism of a pop-culture presidency, right down to the numbing relentless peer pressure: C’mon, all the cool kids are doing it; why be the last hold-out?

***

Even a narrow win for Obama, though, would not reestablish anything like the mandate and amity the president enjoyed on his Inauguration Day. The reason is that, as the Obama coalition diminished, Obama no longer disguised the prejudices, inflections, outlook, and approach of the progressive movement. A confessed reader of Andrew Sullivan’s hysterical web site, the president has taken on the maximalist characteristics of the liberal blogosphere. He is scornful and contemptuous of Romney, as could be seen in his patronizing lecture on aircraft carriers and submarines during the third debate. His campaign seizes on the most trivial comments—“I like Big Bird”; “Binders full of women”—to engage in juvenile jibes that would not make the first cut at the Late Show writers’ meeting. His rallies have become self-congratulatory comedy hours in which the assembled Democrats laugh heartily at the insults and zingers the president throws Romney’s way. Obama has been on a seemingly nonstop tour of television shows hosted by late-night comics. His new attack line that the Republican nominee has “Romnesia” was, as the vice president might say, literally taken from liberal blogs. The vice president even asked his audience at a recent rally whether it had watched The Daily Show the night before. The men who hold the highest offices in the most powerful country in the history of the world have been debased to the point where they look like fill-in guests on Up with Chris Hayes.

The Democrats allowed the progressive movement’s hatred of Bush to take over their old and storied political party. That party and movement found a champion and a path to power in Obama, but the electoral forces on which his power relied were unstable. In 2008, he satisfied the left and won the middle. Once in power, though, he kept the left satisfied and lost the middle and right.

In 2012, there is just the left.

***

***

“The minute he starts playing small ball, the minute he starts making all these snippy little remarks, it’s over for him,” Steyn said. “He can’t be a dark and malevolent and attack ad kind of candidate. He has to be Mr. ‘Sunny,’ Mr. ‘Hope,’ and Mr. ‘Change.’ And because he didn’t run on any of that, and he’s basically left at 10 days before the election to resurrect that character, I think was a fatal miscalculation.”

Comments

Comment pages: 1 4 5 6 7 8

Wow, Nightline really sucks. That white chick totally dissed white southern/Mississippi folks as racist KKK’ers…

OmahaConservative on October 27, 2012 at 12:01 AM

bazil9 on October 26, 2012 at 11:51 PM

I almost never weep…but seriously… when Obama goes down.. when they announce Romney the winner… I’m likely to tear up from sheer joy! :)

thatsafactjack on October 26, 2012 at 11:54 PM

…I have not been drunk since my kids were born…(thought I might drop them or something!)…SO!…I am going to get shitfaced D R U N K…!!!

KOOLAID2 on October 27, 2012 at 12:02 AM

Hey Twerpenstein. Lanceman was looking for you earlier! :D

cynccook on October 27, 2012 at 12:01 AM

Really. What did he want?

annoyinglittletwerp on October 27, 2012 at 12:02 AM

I think he is going to contest the election, refuse to give up power. Riots, civil unrest is what I fear.

Raquel Pinkbullet on October 27, 2012 at 12:00 AM

Too bad the military despises him and all his Secret Service will be under indictment by then!

cynccook on October 27, 2012 at 12:03 AM

Riots, civil unrest is what I fear.

Raquel Pinkbullet on October 27, 2012 at 12:00 AM

Yep..
I said it many times here..I have no doubt.
why I am leaving town.

bazil9 on October 27, 2012 at 12:03 AM

Hey, Jerkfaces!

annoyinglittletwerp on October 26, 2012 at 11:58 PM

Same to you, ya’ ‘twerp.

listens2glenn on October 27, 2012 at 12:03 AM

I was stressing too, so I just pay attention now to the attitude of both parties. Obama acts like he is losing so I chose to believe him.

Mitsouko on October 26, 2012 at 11:57 PM

It’s going to be a stressful next few days. We might even be without any polling for a few days too. Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit drinking….

Raquel Pinkbullet on October 27, 2012 at 12:03 AM

Don’t know Vlad or whether he’s a “real man” or not, suspect he is though, but at least he understands how men think by putting a pretty woman in his ads and on his stages instead of the Flukes and the Dunhams and the other women who probably have chew toys in their closets.

TXUS on October 26, 2012 at 11:23 PM

Good one. I like the way you think. I usually tune in to QOTD after it has been going awhile and start with the page behind most recent. Glad I caught yours.
Did you catch how Fluke and Dunham have a resemblance? Like gtfoh, it ain’t worth listening to their nonsense before getting down to business.

arnold ziffel on October 27, 2012 at 12:03 AM

bazil9 on October 27, 2012 at 12:01 AM

DVR…the gift that keep on giving! Now THAT’S entertainment! :)

thatsafactjack on October 27, 2012 at 12:03 AM

I am holding a wake for Hot Air tonight. This site is dying.

Sad how great it once was and could have been. I’m certain tonight Michelle Malkin is sorry she sold it to the Salem incompetents.

wildcat72 on October 27, 2012 at 12:04 AM

Same to you, ya’ ‘twerp.

listens2glenn on October 27, 2012 at 12:03 AM

Looong day. makin’ chocolate chip waffles for husband and Spawn for tomorrow’s breakfast.

annoyinglittletwerp on October 27, 2012 at 12:04 AM

arnold ziffel on October 27, 2012 at 12:03 AM

Good evening, Arnold! Very nice to see you. :)

thatsafactjack on October 27, 2012 at 12:05 AM

cynccook on October 27, 2012 at 12:03 AM

I know the military leans to the right as it always has. But my fear is that he riles up riots on the street, make Rodney king look like child’s play. And I have no doubt he won’t go graciously.

Raquel Pinkbullet on October 27, 2012 at 12:05 AM

Really. What did he want?

annoyinglittletwerp on October 27, 2012 at 12:02 AM

Nothing specific, more just like a sad cry of your name! ;)

cynccook on October 27, 2012 at 12:05 AM

KOOLAID2 on October 27, 2012 at 12:02 AM

lol..gonna spike the kool aid?
Go for it man!
If you were near..
I would invite you.
The B9 family will be very
intoxicated.;)

bazil9 on October 27, 2012 at 12:05 AM

thatsafactjack on October 26, 2012 at 11:54 PM

I admire your attitude..:)

Dire Straits on October 27, 2012 at 12:05 AM

Jimmy Carter actually loved America.

Raquel Pinkbullet on October 26, 2012 at 11:58 PM

And now evidently Hamas.

Zero has nothing but tee times in his lame duck.
The fire is gone.

OTTO on October 27, 2012 at 12:06 AM

Yep..
I said it many times here..I have no doubt.
why I am leaving town.

bazil9 on October 27, 2012 at 12:03 AM

Luckily I’ll be out of the country until December.

Raquel Pinkbullet on October 27, 2012 at 12:06 AM

Cloudy Day – J.J. Cale

thatsafactjack

Good trancy feel for a relaxing Friday night with some smoke.
Love this arrangement, especially when the sax kicks in!
Restful visuals.

I’m a laydown for a sax player.
Same with a man in a tux…
Same with a ballroom dancer…and muscle car drivers…

I’ll stop here, you get the picture.

Typicalwhitewoman on October 27, 2012 at 12:06 AM

interesting…jay cost just retweeted this from one Adrian Gray who has worked R campaigns before:

Ohio: In my bellwether counties, GOP is up by 0.1% out of 240,606 cast! In 2008, GOP were down 7.3% in same counties. (per election offices)

r keller on October 27, 2012 at 12:06 AM

Dire Straits on October 27, 2012 at 12:05 AM

Thank you, Dire. I just generally admire your’s , too. :)

thatsafactjack on October 27, 2012 at 12:07 AM

bazil9 on October 27, 2012 at 12:01 AM

DVR…the gift that keep on giving! Now THAT’S entertainment! :)

thatsafactjack on October 27, 2012 at 12:03 AM

I am not one for technology..
but I adore my DVR.
Its gonna be full that week. ;)

bazil9 on October 27, 2012 at 12:07 AM

I’m concerned with how the populations of Philadelphia, Detroit, Chicago, Atlanta, and LA respond to a Romney win.

listens2glenn on October 26, 2012 at 11:53 PM

I plan on drinking and partying til dawn….thanks for asking!!

Tim_CA on October 27, 2012 at 12:07 AM

And now evidently Hamas.

Zero has nothing but tee times in his lame duck.
The fire is gone.

OTTO on October 27, 2012 at 12:06 AM

Compared to Obama, Carter is a boy scout. I wasn’t born when Carter was in office, but has he always hated Israel and Jewish people so much? And how did he get elected if yes?

Raquel Pinkbullet on October 27, 2012 at 12:08 AM

Typicalwhitewoman on October 27, 2012 at 12:06 AM

lol! I’m glad you enjoyed it. :)

thatsafactjack on October 27, 2012 at 12:09 AM

thatsafactjack on October 26, 2012 at 11:59 PM

Two of the best!!..:)

Dire Straits on October 27, 2012 at 12:09 AM

Yep..
I said it many times here..I have no doubt.
why I am leaving town.

bazil9 on October 27, 2012 at 12:03 AM

And it’s why I have friends coming out to Utah from Chicago the day before the election.

JPeterman on October 27, 2012 at 12:09 AM

Dire Straits on October 27, 2012 at 12:09 AM

Yes.. and Bonamassa makes three… and Moore makes four!:)

thatsafactjack on October 27, 2012 at 12:10 AM

I am holding a wake for Hot Air tonight. This site is dying.

wildcat72 on October 27, 2012 at 12:04 AM

I joined within weeks (or days) of Michelle’s departure, but had done a lot of Hotair reading a couple years prior to that.

I know exactly what you mean, but I don’t think it’s dying.

I would welcome Michelle buying it back, though.

listens2glenn on October 27, 2012 at 12:11 AM

Raquel Pinkbullet on October 27, 2012 at 12:08 AM

You make a good point..:)

Dire Straits on October 27, 2012 at 12:11 AM

i love technology too. i wouldn’t trade my clapper for anything.

clap on.
clap off.

SparkPlug on October 27, 2012 at 12:11 AM

I am holding a wake for Hot Air tonight. This site is dying.

wildcat72 on October 27, 2012 at 12:04 AM

I lurked here for the last few years and have seen the battle weary on this site survive. I’ve seen new soldiers rise and fall. I’ve seen trolls slaughtered. I’ve seen a revolution of ideas. I’ve seen lame ass idiots go looking for greener pastures… go

OTTO on October 27, 2012 at 12:12 AM

arnold ziffel on October 27, 2012 at 12:03 AM

Yeah, they do, the more I think about it. They both have that look, that look of girls wanting to get laid but their BS fails them too often, yet when they do accomplish mission, they can’t wait but to tell everyone about it. Still think the keep chew toys in their closets for those lost and lonely times.

TXUS on October 27, 2012 at 12:12 AM

Need Your Love So Bad – Moore

thatsafactjack on October 27, 2012 at 12:12 AM

thatsafactjack on October 26, 2012 at 11:54 PM

I don’t know exactly what I will do but it involves crying, howling, cussing and see if I can still do a handstand. I’m flexible, might even fire off some M-80s.

arnold ziffel on October 27, 2012 at 12:12 AM

I know exactly what you mean, but I don’t think it’s dying.

I would welcome Michelle buying it back, though.

listens2glenn on October 27, 2012 at 12:11 AM

By July she’ll be able to buy it back for less than half what she sold it for.

wildcat72 on October 27, 2012 at 12:12 AM

wear garlic. it will save you from Direacula.

SparkPlug on October 27, 2012 at 12:12 AM

I would welcome Michelle buying it back, though.

listens2glenn on October 27, 2012 at 12:11 AM

The Boss Emeritus isn’t interested…

OmahaConservative on October 27, 2012 at 12:13 AM

arnold ziffel on October 27, 2012 at 12:12 AM

Where ever the mood takes us, Arnold! Its out night to howl! lol!

thatsafactjack on October 27, 2012 at 12:13 AM

clap on.
clap off.

SparkPlug on October 27, 2012 at 12:11 AM

Sounds like a weekend at pamela andersons house.

Tim_CA on October 27, 2012 at 12:13 AM

Blink 182 – “All The Small Things

Christien on October 27, 2012 at 12:13 AM

thatsafactjack on October 27, 2012 at 12:10 AM

Don’t forget this one..:)

Dire Straits on October 27, 2012 at 12:13 AM

Really. What did he want?

annoyinglittletwerp on October 27, 2012 at 12:02 AM

He wanted to “talk”.

arnold ziffel on October 27, 2012 at 12:14 AM

SparkPlug on October 26, 2012 at 11:44 PM

Your hands are full.

OTTO on October 26, 2012 at 11:56 PM

He likes living on the edge..
excitement and passionate ladies. ;)

bazil9 on October 27, 2012 at 12:14 AM

Tim_CA on October 27, 2012 at 12:13 AM

rotf. stdz.

SparkPlug on October 27, 2012 at 12:14 AM

:D Have people seen this already?

cynccook on October 27, 2012 at 12:00 AM

(:->)
…I don’t know where you guys find this stuff!

KOOLAID2 on October 27, 2012 at 12:14 AM

Dire Straits on October 27, 2012 at 12:13 AM

Excellent! Wouldn’t forget him, either! :)

thatsafactjack on October 27, 2012 at 12:14 AM

Jpeterman, what you think of Tyskie?

tom daschle concerned on October 27, 2012 at 12:14 AM

wear garlic. it will save you from Direacula.

SparkPlug on October 27, 2012 at 12:12 AM

Barackula too?

bazil9 on October 27, 2012 at 12:15 AM

annoyinglittletwerp on October 27, 2012 at 12:04 AM

Hey Twerpy, it was something like this:

Aaaaaaaantwerp!

Lanceman on October 26, 2012 at 11:07 PM

I think it’s a cry for help!

cynccook on October 27, 2012 at 12:15 AM

thatsafactjack on October 26, 2012 at 11:59 PM

Jackie: the coolest thing just happenned. while i was listening to this my granddaughter crawled up into my lap. i put the earphones next to her ear on my shoulder and she went to sleep listening to the teacher. thanx.
fred

jrsrigmvr on October 27, 2012 at 12:16 AM

OTTO on October 27, 2012 at 12:06 AM

Raquel Pinkbullet on October 27, 2012 at 12:08 AM

Carter got in because of Watergate, and he was a perceived as a Washington “outsider”.

After Watergate, the idea of an outsider becoming President looked real good to the Independent swing voters.

listens2glenn on October 27, 2012 at 12:16 AM

jrsrigmvr on October 27, 2012 at 12:16 AM

That is the coolest thing, Fred. Thank you for sharing that with me. Way too cool. :)

thatsafactjack on October 27, 2012 at 12:17 AM

Raquel Pinkbullet on October 27, 2012 at 12:08 AM

I was young, my “voting virginity” was lost against that damn peanut farmer.
Saw him speak…what a waste.
Same hope for a different time.. what a waste.

OTTO on October 27, 2012 at 12:17 AM

wildcat72 on October 27, 2012 at 12:04 AM

Many of the Captain’s Quarters crowd came here and left as well.

Those were good times. Smart people. Free speech.

They are gone. Helloooo………… Salem.

Cody1991 on October 27, 2012 at 12:17 AM

I am holding a wake for Hot Air tonight. This site is dying.

wildcat72 on October 27, 2012 at 12:04 AM

So how is it dying? Any other sites you find more attractive?

arnold ziffel on October 27, 2012 at 12:17 AM

bazil9 on October 27, 2012 at 12:03 AM

JPeterman on October 27, 2012 at 12:09 AM

Good call J.
Sad its that way..just pathetic.
The point we have reached..fear and violence over elections..
Like another country..
*shakes head*

bazil9 on October 27, 2012 at 12:17 AM

I would welcome Michelle buying it back, though.

listens2glenn on October 27, 2012 at 12:11 AM

The Boss Emeritus isn’t interested…

OmahaConservative on October 27, 2012 at 12:13 AM

I know. : (

listens2glenn on October 27, 2012 at 12:18 AM

thatsafactjack on October 26, 2012 at 11:54 PM

Schadenfreude on October 27, 2012 at 12:18 AM

chocolate chip waffles for husband and Spawn for tomorrow’s breakfast.

annoyinglittletwerp on October 27, 2012 at 12:04 AM

oh….my….god.

Now I want chocolate chip waffles.

(with real maple syrup).

Tim_CA on October 27, 2012 at 12:18 AM

Raquel Pinkbullet on October 27, 2012 at 12:05 AM

If riots happen when he loses, and he is certain to lose, then it would be blacks burning their own inner cities… In this case I really do not give a damn…

mnjg on October 27, 2012 at 12:18 AM

Schadenfreude on October 27, 2012 at 12:18 AM

Thank you, my friend! The photos is perfect and I’m listening to the tune, now. :)

thatsafactjack on October 27, 2012 at 12:20 AM

I would welcome Michelle buying it back, though.

listens2glenn on October 27, 2012 at 12:11 AM

The Boss Emeritus isn’t interested…

OmahaConservative on October 27, 2012 at 12:13 AM

I know. : (

listens2glenn on October 27, 2012 at 12:18 AM

She got while the getting was good…

OmahaConservative on October 27, 2012 at 12:20 AM

He likes living on the edge..
excitement and passionate ladies. ;)

bazil9 on October 27, 2012 at 12:14 AM

Burn burn burn.
Such is the life of a Sparkplug.

OTTO on October 27, 2012 at 12:21 AM

She got while the getting was good…

OmahaConservative on October 27, 2012 at 12:20 AM

Recommend a better place?

OTTO on October 27, 2012 at 12:22 AM

“I mean there are some positive signs coming out of OH. But again I want us to lead in at least a poll.

Everyone should follow–> https://twitter.com/ningrim he has the best OH information and early vote numbers.

I just caught this nugget:

GOP is +15k in Cuyahoga vs 2008, Dems -18k vs 2008 (2/2) http://tinyurl.com/cyogpnx

Raquel Pinkbullet on October 26, 2012 at 11:12 PM”

Be careful. There were a ton of Dems who voted in the GOP primary.

gumbyandpokey on October 27, 2012 at 12:23 AM

thatsafactjack on October 26, 2012 at 11:54 PM

Schadenfreude on October 27, 2012 at 12:18 AM

There won’t be time for much celebrating.

Even IF the inner cities don’t riot, there’s too much that has to be done fast to save this Republic.

listens2glenn on October 27, 2012 at 12:24 AM

I am holding a wake for Hot Air tonight. This site is dying.

wildcat72 on October 27, 2012 at 12:04 AM

Nothing stays the same forever..life. Good, bad or indifferent.
I was here when it was sold..and many great posters were banned for speaking about their opinion….I was very troubled by that.
They are still gone. Others left disgusted.
I left for about a year..wasnt the same..but new great people here..
and I have stayed.
For now.
Don’t be so heart broken WCat..life changes..things suck..adapt, take it for what it will be or move on. my 2 cents.

bazil9 on October 27, 2012 at 12:25 AM

There won’t be time for much celebrating.

listens2glenn on October 27, 2012 at 12:24 AM

Concur…plus to watch Romney

Schadenfreude on October 27, 2012 at 12:26 AM

PS..Malkin did what she wanted to do..
Made some $ and moved on.
Business..not personal.

bazil9 on October 27, 2012 at 12:26 AM

listens2glenn on October 27, 2012 at 12:24 AM

You know L2G, we’ve earned a celebration, and I, for one, will face whatever Obama and his crowd can dish out the last couple of months of his reign. After four years… we can survive this, too, and repair any damage they manage to inflict on their way out the door.

thatsafactjack on October 27, 2012 at 12:27 AM

gumbyandpokey on October 27, 2012 at 12:23 AM

Back! Back to that basement shag whence you came! Back!

OTTO on October 27, 2012 at 12:27 AM

Concur…plus to watch Romney

Schadenfreude on October 27, 2012 at 12:26 AM

oh yeah.

Tim_CA on October 27, 2012 at 12:27 AM

Be careful. There were a ton of Dems who voted in the GOP primary.

gumbyandpokey on October 27, 2012 at 12:23 AM

mudbutt, you are wanted on the Benghazi thread aka “we’re still in a fog.”

arnold ziffel on October 27, 2012 at 12:27 AM

Recommend a better place?

OTTO on October 27, 2012 at 12:22 AM

MichelleMalkin.com

OmahaConservative on October 27, 2012 at 12:28 AM

I know. : (

listens2glenn on October 27, 2012 at 12:18 AM

She got while the getting was good…

OmahaConservative on October 27, 2012 at 12:20 AM

I don’t blame her, but I sure do miss her.

I know I’m not alone with that sentiment.

listens2glenn on October 27, 2012 at 12:29 AM

listens2glenn on October 27, 2012 at 12:24 AM

Letting them burn will only speed the process if it has to come to that.

OTTO on October 27, 2012 at 12:29 AM

gumbyandpokey on October 27, 2012 at 12:23 AM

…it’s past your basement bedtime…and there is no midnight snack! *see below*

[A] funny thing happened… Obama’s own cue balls shriveled.

KOOLAID2 on October 27, 2012 at 12:29 AM

MichelleMalkin.com

OmahaConservative on October 27, 2012 at 12:28 AM

I lurk.

Haven’t felt the same family there.

OTTO on October 27, 2012 at 12:31 AM

What? You mean President Obama is trying to win?
But…but…that makes Romney supporters…sad!

chumpThreads on October 26, 2012 at 9:52 PM

Not me. I hope he wants this with every fiber of his being. I want to watch him break down in public as he has to give a concession speech. I want to see his hideously ugly wife’s mean face one last time as she realizes the party is over, and then I want the two of them and all their coarse, ignorant followers to disappear forever, never to be heard from again.

Night Owl on October 27, 2012 at 12:31 AM

now that i can type with both hands again I submit this, the best guitat solo of all time.

jrsrigmvr on October 27, 2012 at 12:33 AM

I lurk.

Haven’t felt the same family there.

OTTO on October 27, 2012 at 12:31 AM

It is what it is. I am registered there, but I don’t post much…

OmahaConservative on October 27, 2012 at 12:33 AM

jrsrigmvr on October 27, 2012 at 12:33 AM

Oh, Yeah! That’s one of the best. Truth to tell, though, if I had to choose one great guitar solo for all time, I couldn’t do it. There are so many that are so good, and they each suit a particular mood for me. I am… a guitar junkie… that’s a fact. :)

thatsafactjack on October 27, 2012 at 12:35 AM

thatsafactjack on October 27, 2012 at 12:14 AM

This is just pure poetry!..:)

Dire Straits on October 27, 2012 at 12:35 AM

kr please join us all in FURIOUS

OTTO on October 26, 2012 at 11:51 PM

Oh, I’m definitely with you. ;)

kim roy on October 27, 2012 at 12:36 AM

Dire Straits on October 27, 2012 at 12:35 AM

Yes.. it really is. :)

thatsafactjack on October 27, 2012 at 12:36 AM

Awesomely AWESOME!

annoyinglittletwerp on October 27, 2012 at 12:37 AM

The Messiah Will Come Again – Moore

NOT Obama.

thatsafactjack on October 27, 2012 at 12:37 AM

bazil9 on October 27, 2012 at 12:25 AM

Sorry if I was hard wildcat, but b9 has it right.
I’ve not seen as tight an internet family unit as HA.
We may not be as savvy as the vaunted past, but we have more heart.

OTTO on October 27, 2012 at 12:38 AM

Hey,gumbypoked, have you found a pole to service yourself with tonight? Or will it be a sorry beginning of a sorry weekend in your sorry ass life?

bayview on October 27, 2012 at 12:38 AM

I lurk.

Haven’t felt the same family there.

OTTO on October 27, 2012 at 12:31 AM

It is what it is. I am registered there, but I don’t post much…

OmahaConservative on October 27, 2012 at 12:33 AM

…same here!…got in there…but not in here…was Gordie Howe…but forgot my password.
Like the news, the links and the people here!

KOOLAID2 on October 27, 2012 at 12:39 AM

What? You mean President Obama is trying to win?
But…but…that makes Romney supporters…sad!

chumpThreads on October 26, 2012 at 9:52 PM

Hey I got a funny for you chumpy and you too pokeme. What if when Biden lost his wife in an auto accident, a smarmy, sarcastic but caring politician told him, “man she was sure a hottie, it will be hard to find another”? You like that? Me too.

arnold ziffel on October 27, 2012 at 12:39 AM

Dire Straits on October 27, 2012 at 12:35 AM

Dire: We have a lot in common my friend.

jrsrigmvr on October 27, 2012 at 12:40 AM

It is what it is. I am registered there, but I don’t post much…

OmahaConservative on October 27, 2012 at 12:33 AM

Obviously, YMMV.
All the best.

OUT, gotta work in the am

OTTO on October 27, 2012 at 12:40 AM

I am holding a wake for Hot Air tonight. This site is dying.

wildcat72 on October 27, 2012 at 12:04 AM

A few days ago I hit 6 years of commenting here.

I don’t like some of the changes that have happened in that time-but it is what it is.
HA is too much a ‘blog’ part of me to leave.

annoyinglittletwerp on October 27, 2012 at 12:41 AM

OTTO on October 27, 2012 at 12:40 AM

Goodnight, OTTO. Sleep well.

thatsafactjack on October 27, 2012 at 12:41 AM

There won’t be time for much celebrating.

listens2glenn on October 27, 2012 at 12:24 AM

Concur…plus to watch Romney

Schadenfreude on October 27, 2012 at 12:26 AM

Yes. Just the beginning..
My career is impacted by this..so I live it everyday.
Just told a friend here that recently.
Either way..I won’t have a lot of time..for excitement or a meltdown.
OCare..will be watched closely and what happens..right now a nest of uncertainty and many upset..laws rolling out on a time line..chaos..to be sure. Fast is right..We do not have the luxury of time..on this topic.
A nervous/anxiety filled business owner asked me my take today at a meeting..(this is happening more and more and bizarre for me)
He had an RR sign in his window..so I felt free to say what I felt..
I said..I dont know..but we will have a better idea in a couple weeks..even then..it begins..and I don’t have answers.
1st time in my life..I have had upset clients asking me about politics..the 2 dont mix..but I am put into a position now that I must do so. The facts are what they are..so it helps.

bazil9 on October 27, 2012 at 12:41 AM

listens2glenn on October 27, 2012 at 12:24 AM

Letting them burn will only speed the process if it has to come to that.

OTTO
on October 27, 2012 at 12:29 AM

Ouch. : )

Headlines the next day:

RIOTS CAUSE BILLIONS OF DOLLARS IN IMPROVEMENTS

listens2glenn on October 27, 2012 at 12:41 AM

There won’t be time for much celebrating.

listens2glenn on October 27, 2012 at 12:24 AM

Agreed, but getting the Obama’s good and gone deserves some serious celebrating, and I mean serious. At my alleged heavily fortified ranch, any employees, except the pilots, and their friends who are not totally shit-faced by the next morning will be fired, it’s that simple.
I’m talking total and complete debauchery here when Obama’s defeated.

We’ll get down to business, believe me, the next day or so, but I’m going to let loose my people election night, they’re tired of worrying, my friend.

TXUS on October 27, 2012 at 12:41 AM

TXUS on October 27, 2012 at 12:41 AM

Every hard working unit, or team, deserve a celebration when they win big. We’ll have earned ours, too. :)

thatsafactjack on October 27, 2012 at 12:43 AM