Quotes of the day

posted at 9:23 pm on October 26, 2012 by Allahpundit

Four years after he was elected as a self-described ‘hopemonger’ promising a new post-partisan era, President Barack Obama is trying to claw his way to re-election with an ugly, divisive campaign in which he is playing the role of fearmonger-in-chief…

[I]f Obama is re-elected the way he has run his campaign may make it almost impossible for him to govern effectively – let alone in the spirit of the ‘better angels of our nature’ that Abraham Lincoln cited in his first inaugural speech and that Obama used to love quoting.

It was John McCain who said in 2008 that he would not ‘take the low road to the highest office in the land’.

Obama seems to believe that the load road is his only route back to the White House in 2012. It is the kind of strategy that Candidate Obama in 2008 would have viewed as beneath contempt.

***

A senior Romney strategist who asked not to be named said they expected more attacks from Obama. “The Chicago guys know that he is below 50 on both ballot and approval,” he told National Journal. “It is not that Obama likes to be a hatchet man. They think they have got to bring Romney back down by bringing his negatives back up…. But it is dangerous to have the president himself doing it.”

Madden called it “unfortunate he has to close the final days of the campaign this way.” But that is how most campaigns end, with one candidate ratcheting up the attack rhetoric and the other one trying to stay above the fray. In past campaigns, the one mounting the assault is often the one who either feels the election is slipping away or who finds it impossible to accept that the challenger is making the race so close.

***

What is President Obama doing? What votes is he trying to get? I said last week he had better find ways to appeal to more white voters, especially white working women, or he was going to lose. Well, the Obama campaign must have had a meeting and decided it needed the campaign message to center on the president’s childish, not-quite-cute name-calling, highlighted by vulgar insults. In the meeting it was obviously decided that the clumsy use of “Romnesia” could stay, but that if the president used his own mouth to call Mitt Romney a “bull*****er” that would really appeal to…? Appeal to whom? I have no idea what the Obama campaign is about, 11 days before the election.

In the campaign autopsies that will start in less than two weeks, Oct. 19 could be identified as the exact date that any remnant of Obama’s call for hope and change vanished. The president has descended to a new Nixonian level of slander and slur. Hooting about “Romnesia” and now attributing the idea that Mitt Romney is a “bull*****er” to a 6-year-old girl is where Obama has taken us.

In the final stretch, Obama’s campaign isn’t about offering hope and change but is about appealing to a coarse ignorance that he sees in voters.

***

But even looking beyond the biased analyses being published by liberal sources, the refusal of many Democrats to accept the reality of the Romney surge may be rooted in something more emotional than just skewed poll numbers. Many if not most liberals share the attitude of contempt for the Republicans that were so easily discerned in the attitudes of both President Obama and Vice President Biden during the debates. Though most Americans have rejected the attempt by the president’s campaign to define Romney as a heartless plutocrat or a monster, liberals bought it hook, line and sinker. The idea that such a person could have caught and passed Obama in the space of a few short weeks seems impossible to them not so much because they think the numbers don’t support this thesis but because they just don’t want it to be so.

Rather than debunking Romney’s wave, liberal analysts who seek to deny it are merely confirming their inability to look dispassionately at what has occurred. Democrats living in liberal echo chambers need a reality check.

***

We shouldn’t be talking about this silliness — Big Bird, “bull­s—-er” or a girl’s “first time.”

We should be talking about The Issues, we keep telling ourselves. But in the waning days of the presidential campaign, these are the issues — binders full of cultural issues that continue to divide us and by which Barack Obama hopes to win reelection…

Obama reasoned correctly that he had the majority with him, especially among women and youth, for many of whom these debates seem antiquated to not-applicable. Hence, a new Obama ad by the creator and star of HBO’s “Girls,” Lena Dunham, in which she compares voting for the first time (for a man who understands women) to, you know, “doing it” for the first time. It’s . . . what it is: a message to young women that losing one’s virginity is top of the bucket list, but first you gotta vote for the president who will give you free contraception.

The same ol’ culture wars. But, of course, women have had access to birth control for decades, and no one is trying to take it away. Anyone who suggests otherwise may have been spending too much time with Big Bird.

***

[A] funny thing happened over the next six weeks: Obama’s own cue balls shriveled. Biden had offered up a deft campaign slogan encompassing both domestic and foreign policy: “Osama’s dead and General Motors is alive.” But, as the al-Qaeda connections to Benghazi dribbled out leak by leak, the “Osama’s dead” became a problematic boast and, left to stand alone, the General Motors line was even less credible. Avoiding the economy and foreign affairs, Obama fell back on Big Bird, and binders, and bayonets, just to name the “B”s in his bonnet. At the second presidential debate, he name-checked Planned Parenthood, the General Motors of the American abortion industry, half a dozen times, desperate to preserve his so-called gender gap. Yet oddly enough, the more furiously Obama and Biden have waved their binders and talked up Sandra Fluke, the more his supposed lead among women has withered away. So now he needs to enthuse the young, who turned out in such numbers for him last time. Hence, the official campaign video (plagiarized from Vladimir Putin of all people) explaining that voting for Obama is like having sex. The saddest thing about that claim is that, for liberals, it may well be true.

Both videos — the one faking Obamagasm and the one faking a Benghazi pretext — exemplify the wretched shrinkage that befalls those unable to conceive of anything except in the most self-servingly political terms. Both, in different ways, exemplify why Obama and Biden are unfit for office. One video testifies to a horrible murderous lie at the heart of a head of state’s most solemn responsibility, the other to the glib shallow narcissism of a pop-culture presidency, right down to the numbing relentless peer pressure: C’mon, all the cool kids are doing it; why be the last hold-out?

***

Even a narrow win for Obama, though, would not reestablish anything like the mandate and amity the president enjoyed on his Inauguration Day. The reason is that, as the Obama coalition diminished, Obama no longer disguised the prejudices, inflections, outlook, and approach of the progressive movement. A confessed reader of Andrew Sullivan’s hysterical web site, the president has taken on the maximalist characteristics of the liberal blogosphere. He is scornful and contemptuous of Romney, as could be seen in his patronizing lecture on aircraft carriers and submarines during the third debate. His campaign seizes on the most trivial comments—“I like Big Bird”; “Binders full of women”—to engage in juvenile jibes that would not make the first cut at the Late Show writers’ meeting. His rallies have become self-congratulatory comedy hours in which the assembled Democrats laugh heartily at the insults and zingers the president throws Romney’s way. Obama has been on a seemingly nonstop tour of television shows hosted by late-night comics. His new attack line that the Republican nominee has “Romnesia” was, as the vice president might say, literally taken from liberal blogs. The vice president even asked his audience at a recent rally whether it had watched The Daily Show the night before. The men who hold the highest offices in the most powerful country in the history of the world have been debased to the point where they look like fill-in guests on Up with Chris Hayes.

The Democrats allowed the progressive movement’s hatred of Bush to take over their old and storied political party. That party and movement found a champion and a path to power in Obama, but the electoral forces on which his power relied were unstable. In 2008, he satisfied the left and won the middle. Once in power, though, he kept the left satisfied and lost the middle and right.

In 2012, there is just the left.

***

***

“The minute he starts playing small ball, the minute he starts making all these snippy little remarks, it’s over for him,” Steyn said. “He can’t be a dark and malevolent and attack ad kind of candidate. He has to be Mr. ‘Sunny,’ Mr. ‘Hope,’ and Mr. ‘Change.’ And because he didn’t run on any of that, and he’s basically left at 10 days before the election to resurrect that character, I think was a fatal miscalculation.”

Comments

Comment pages: 1 3 4 5 6 7 8

bonamassa

jrsrigmvr on October 26, 2012 at 11:29 PM

‘lude’s were bigger than the average pill…

OmahaConservative on October 26, 2012 at 11:26 PM

Sorry to see that they took your sarc…so sad.

OTTO on October 26, 2012 at 11:30 PM

Just doing my small part, Comrade. :-)

Resist We Much on October 26, 2012 at 11:20 PM

Well, I’ve sat in front of this computer all day working on my translation project and our big caravan is heading out in an hour or so do drive all night into Reno Nevada to knock on more doors to GOTV.

JPeterman on October 26, 2012 at 11:30 PM

kim roy on October 26, 2012 at 11:10 PM

+7%…!

… The only thing I would add would be to replace “sad” with “pissed off!’.

Seven Percent Solution on October 26, 2012 at 11:30 PM

cynccook on October 26, 2012 at 11:29 PM

I work with a guy who has that mentality. They will never, ever admit that they (or their guy) is wrong. They will always do their damndest to rationalize it somehow.

predator on October 26, 2012 at 11:31 PM

Can’t You Hear Me Knocking

jaime on October 26, 2012 at 11:32 PM

And where are those ridiculous harridans from ‘Code Pink,’ et al.? Such hypocrites. Did you see the short video Allah linked about 0bama’s “Kill List?” The libs interviewed were horrified by it when they thought it (and other policies) were Romney’s but when they found it was 0bama’s they were suddenly cool with it.

cynccook on October 26, 2012 at 11:29 PM

Nothing quite says liberal like hypocrisy and lack of cognitive thinking skills. None of it really surprises me anymore.

kim roy on October 26, 2012 at 11:32 PM

JPeterman on October 26, 2012 at 11:30 PM

Yay! JPete, awesome! My husband is going to collect people at the airport in the a.m. to go canvassing here in Ohio! :D

cynccook on October 26, 2012 at 11:32 PM

Scad is a Jedi.
Dire is yoda.
Jackie is Princess Leia.

I’m Hands Solo since I couldn’t get any action at the Tupperware party.

SparkPlug on October 26, 2012 at 11:26 PM

Not touching that…maybe Leia
BTW Tupperware doesn’t conduct a spark

OTTO on October 26, 2012 at 11:32 PM

bazil9 on October 26, 2012 at 11:16 PM

My First real date was at a Tupperware Party.

There were something like 15 chaperones so I didn’t get to first base.

Actually I didn’t even get to bat.

Actually I didn’t even get to the parking lot of the stadium where the ball game was.

Tupperware is such a turn on though.

SparkPlug on October 26, 2012 at 11:22 PM

I’ll show that to the missus, when she gets home.

She’ll love it. : )

listens2glenn on October 26, 2012 at 11:33 PM

That’s awesome. I feel so much better. But where are you finding these stats?

Raquel Pinkbullet on October 26, 2012 at 11:21 PM

SOS office.

Resist We Much on October 26, 2012 at 11:33 PM

SparkPlug on October 26, 2012 at 11:22 PM

I hope your kidding…lol.

I would have went out with you..
no tupperware involved..lol

bazil9 on October 26, 2012 at 11:33 PM

Of course it’s anecdotal, but I’m hearing from people all over the state that there just aren’t as 0 signs and bumperstickers as there were in 2008. It’s certainly true here, where Ds are the outright majority (within the city limits, not within the county as a whole). That being said, there is literally an 0bama ad on the radio somewhere every 2 minutes. I’m just starting to hear more Romney ads (I only listen to the radio in the car, though.)

cynccook on October 26, 2012 at 11:25 PM

Take the good with the bad, imagine if Sandy leaves Jersey without power, we could be without polls for a few days. Imagine that.

Raquel Pinkbullet on October 26, 2012 at 11:33 PM

predator on October 26, 2012 at 11:31 PM

That’s why I never try to convince a liberal of anything any more. “Oh, you say my guy has been ripping the heads off puppies? Well, uh, he probably has an excellent reason for doing so. I hate puppies, anyway.”
Disgusting.

cynccook on October 26, 2012 at 11:34 PM

I had a week from hell itself..Friday is beer treat night. Not in excess.

bazil9 on October 26, 2012 at 11:23 PM

You need to have a least three beers..imho..:)

Dire Straits on October 26, 2012 at 11:34 PM

I want to believe. But until I see some consistent objective evidence that OH is going for Romney I’m going to worry a bit too. As well we all should.

Raquel Pinkbullet on October 26, 2012 at 11:02 PM

Keep calm and carry on, and no more of the sentiments above, ok?

Mitsouko on October 26, 2012 at 11:34 PM

I love Fox News Channel, but I think it would be a good thing for all if it got some competition.

bluegill on October 26, 2012 at 11:29 PM

The Blaze.

listens2glenn on October 26, 2012 at 11:35 PM

But of course, and BACON…

OmahaConservative on October 26, 2012 at 11:25 PM

would like to have champagne…

Raquel Pinkbullet on October 26, 2012 at 11:35 PM

It’s clear that Obama IS the ‘empty slate’ he claimed to be, and that Jarrett and his wife run him. He is ‘uxorious’ personified.

thatsafactjack on October 26, 2012 at 11:26 PM

Empty slate. Empty chair. Empty mom jeans. And, yes, PW’d big time, probably still in search of the mother who abandoned him.

Enough for the analysis, however, it’s now all about me and the only way I’m going to be happy is when all hell rains down on him in November.

TXUS on October 26, 2012 at 11:35 PM

Walk Don’t Run – Buchanan

thatsafactjack on October 26, 2012 at 11:36 PM

Mitsouko on October 26, 2012 at 11:34 PM

I’ve been glued to every single poll, and blog, and analysis. It’s stressing me out.

I just know we should win this, and we need to. Save this country.

Raquel Pinkbullet on October 26, 2012 at 11:36 PM

Welp. No Gumbo tonight.

Lanceman on October 26, 2012 at 11:02 PM

Not up to the task? :)

OTTO on October 26, 2012 at 11:08 PM

Probably another victim of the Incredible shrinking Campaign…

cynccook on October 26, 2012 at 11:10 PM

…NOPE!…gummeandpokene missed a word it was reading in the thread (below)…got depressed…and decided not to participate!

[A] funny thing happened… Obama’s own cue balls shriveled.

KOOLAID2 on October 26, 2012 at 11:36 PM

Raquel Pinkbullet on October 26, 2012 at 11:33 PM

I cannot, in my lifetime, remember an election where people were more galvanized and enthusiastic to elect someone. I think people are more excited about Romney than the morons who voted for 0 were back in 2008. And once you get out of these city limits, it’s literally wall-to-wall Romney and Josh Mandel (he’s running for Senate) signs. I’m truly optimistic (cautiously) in a way I never was when McCain ran.

cynccook on October 26, 2012 at 11:37 PM

Why doesn’t another conservative news or opinion tv network start up? The left has msnbc, current tv, NBC news, CBS, abc, PBS, Comedy Central (daily show, etc).

bluegill on October 26, 2012 at 11:29 PM

It is not that easy. I don’t think Glenn Beck’s new network is doing that well. Current TV and Oprah’s network (not conservative, mind you) are bleeding money big time.

bayview on October 26, 2012 at 11:37 PM

TXUS on October 26, 2012 at 11:35 PM

I’ll be dancing when he give his concession speech! :)

thatsafactjack on October 26, 2012 at 11:37 PM

SOS office.

Resist We Much on October 26, 2012 at 11:33 PM

That’s great. Would be huge for us.

Raquel Pinkbullet on October 26, 2012 at 11:37 PM

would like to have champagne…

Raquel Pinkbullet on October 26, 2012 at 11:35 PM

Go for it, I.m drinking whisky that night…

OmahaConservative on October 26, 2012 at 11:37 PM

SparkPlug on October 26, 2012 at 11:26 PM

I was born in a wagon of a travelling show
My momma used to dance for the money they’d throw
..:)

Dire Straits on October 26, 2012 at 11:38 PM

cynccook on October 26, 2012 at 11:32 PM

That’s great! We were down working in Vegas last weekend, had a great time and met some really nice people.

They have already asked all of us if any of us would be willing to go to Wisconsin and Ohio next weekend. We may all do it too.

JPeterman on October 26, 2012 at 11:38 PM

Ever try Aleve? No acedo or ibu. I think it’s naproxen.
I use it. Works well. Acedo is out of the question due to the liver thing, as you said.

predator on October 26, 2012 at 11:27 PM

I have some RX Naprox.
Helps.
I just take too much stuff..limit what I can.

Yeah..acedo..liver..then alcohol..a no no.
But I already lost my mind..so liver..eh. ;)

I dig Tiger balm too..I find it better then biofreeeze and the other stuff the docs push on me.
Good stuff.

bazil9 on October 26, 2012 at 11:38 PM

I feel like a kid waiting outside of Best Buy for a new videogame… waiting for election day is frustrating… just want to be here already… actually, it feels like buying a gun and not being able to take it home for another 10 days. UGH!!!

El_Terrible on October 26, 2012 at 11:38 PM

I just know we should win this, and we need to. Save this country.

Raquel Pinkbullet on October 26, 2012 at 11:36 PM

Check this out. This caused a little stir a few weeks back but since then, the MSM has completely ignored its existence, which is pretty much all the proof I’ve ever needed that it’s accurate….

cynccook on October 26, 2012 at 11:39 PM

OTTO on October 26, 2012 at 11:27 PM

LoLz..:)

Dire Straits on October 26, 2012 at 11:40 PM

cynccook on October 26, 2012 at 11:29 PM

predator on October 26, 2012 at 11:31 PM

In psychoanalytic theory, the term Oedipus complex denotes the emotions and ideas that the mind keeps in the unconscious, via dynamic repression, that concentrate upon a child’s desire to sexually possess his/her mother, and kill his/her father.

Now you see why Liberalism is a mental disorder

OTTO on October 26, 2012 at 11:40 PM

cynccook on October 26, 2012 at 11:37 PM

I see that too. But I want to win outside the margin of fraud. I know Josh Mandel, I donated to him earlier. He has closed the gap on that far left zealot Sherrod Brown.

Raquel Pinkbullet on October 26, 2012 at 11:40 PM

Wayfarin’ Pilgrim –

thatsafactjack on October 26, 2012 at 11:40 PM

wargamer6 on October 26, 2012 at 11:20 PM

Nah, I’m trim and strong.

Schadenfreude on October 26, 2012 at 11:40 PM

bluegill on October 26, 2012 at 11:29 PM

bayview
on October 26, 2012 at 11:37 PM

Under normal conditions, that would be true. But the “alphabet” networks are making much easier, by default.

listens2glenn on October 26, 2012 at 11:40 PM

I’ll be dancing when he give his concession speech! :)

thatsafactjack on October 26, 2012 at 11:37 PM

Angry Mike and Bmore know what I’m doing..lol
Pred may too..

I havent picked a victory cuisine yet..
But will be splurging on my fave Belgium and German wheat beers..

bazil9 on October 26, 2012 at 11:41 PM

El_Terrible on October 26, 2012 at 11:38 PM

Exactly! Or you order a new custom sofa and they tell you it will be 8 weeks but you’ll have it by Thanksgiving and then right before Thanksgiving, they tell you it will be another 3 weeks. :(

cynccook on October 26, 2012 at 11:41 PM

pain killer

jrsrigmvr on October 26, 2012 at 11:41 PM

+7%…!

… The only thing I would add would be to replace “sad” with “pissed off!’.

Seven Percent Solution on October 26, 2012 at 11:30 PM

Either or. It seems that I get furious thinking about the lies/coverup and then sad upon the realization that it should have never happened. It’s been a bit of both all day.

I don’t know about anyone else, but I’m finding less civility and time for people who remain ignorant and those that support this administration and, to a lesser degree, leftist ideology. It’s getting to the point where I don’t want to be around them.

kim roy on October 26, 2012 at 11:41 PM

Bedtime. Good night patriots.

Never give up. Remember Churchill.

God Bless.

predator on October 26, 2012 at 11:41 PM

I just know we should win this, and we need to. Save this country.

Raquel Pinkbullet on October 26, 2012 at 11:36 PM

Hang in there..We can do this!..:)

Dire Straits on October 26, 2012 at 11:41 PM

SparkPlug on October 26, 2012 at 11:26 PM

I was born in a wagon of a travelling show
My momma used to dance for the money they’d throw..:)

Dire Straits on October 26, 2012 at 11:38 PM

Poppa would do whatever he could
Preach a little gospel
Sell a couple bottles of doctor good

Funny.

SparkPlug on October 26, 2012 at 11:42 PM

JPeterman on October 26, 2012 at 11:38 PM

I love you, you know! :D You rock!

cynccook on October 26, 2012 at 11:42 PM

bazil9 on October 26, 2012 at 11:41 PM

I expect to let out a Rodeo whoop that they’ll hear all the way to Texas! lol!

thatsafactjack on October 26, 2012 at 11:43 PM

I’ll be dancing when he give his concession speech! :)

thatsafactjack on October 26, 2012 at 11:37 PM

Me, too. I’ve actually hired a choreographer so that everyone at the ranch will be ready to do it “Gangnum Style”.

TXUS on October 26, 2012 at 11:43 PM

SparkPlug on October 26, 2012 at 11:26 PM

Not touching that…maybe Leia
BTW Tupperware doesn’t conduct a spark

OTTO on October 26, 2012 at 11:32 PM

I have a big crush on thatsafactLeia.

B9 is mine though.

SparkPlug on October 26, 2012 at 11:44 PM

I’ll be dancing when he give his concession speech! :)

thatsafactjack on October 26, 2012 at 11:37 PM

Oooooh. I haven’t even considered the sh*tstorm of bitterness and bile that an 0bama concession speech would be. The hair on the back of my neck just stood up….

cynccook on October 26, 2012 at 11:44 PM

[A] funny thing happened… Obama’s own cue balls shriveled.

KOOLAID2 on October 26, 2012 at 11:36 PM

Also his clue/s

What an incredible Punk he is.

Schadenfreude on October 26, 2012 at 11:44 PM

OmahaConservative on October 26, 2012 at 11:37 PM

I drink whiskey every nite. may have to switch to tequila for the celebration.

jrsrigmvr on October 26, 2012 at 11:45 PM

You need to have a least three beers..imho..:)

Dire Straits on October 26, 2012 at 11:34 PM

Mine as well.
Three beer minimum, four if it’s a national brand, five if your on a diet, six if your on a blog.

OTTO on October 26, 2012 at 11:45 PM

TXUS on October 26, 2012 at 11:43 PM

That will need to be on youtube, my friend.

cynccook on October 26, 2012 at 11:45 PM

cynccook on October 26, 2012 at 11:39 PM

I don’t believe that unskewed polls site. It reminds me of when RCP projected Bush would win: November 2000: Bush 446 Gore 92 (Projected Electoral Vote)

Apparently RCP started off as a conservative cheerleading site, before it shifted.

Raquel Pinkbullet on October 26, 2012 at 11:45 PM

Speaking of cheese:

Biden visit to cheese shop irritates woman

SparkPlug on October 26, 2012 at 11:46 PM

Ill have guests and will serve them the swiss version of Mac and Cheese on election eve. And Ill drink lots and lots of coke to celebrate through the night :)

Valkyriepundit on October 26, 2012 at 11:46 PM

TXUS on October 26, 2012 at 11:43 PM

lol! I had to look it up! I’d just about pay to see it! :)

thatsafactjack on October 26, 2012 at 11:46 PM

bazil9 on October 26, 2012 at 11:23 PM

You need to have a least three beers..imho..:)

Dire Straits on October 26, 2012 at 11:34 PM

Can I change you to my primary doc? lol

I am limiting at 4.
Trust me..I deserve it. :)
Its light beer too..:)

No liquor for B9.
Which is a good thing.

Dire..you know what happens to the neighbors palm tree..LMAO.

bazil9 on October 26, 2012 at 11:46 PM

I’ll be dancing when he give his concession speech! :)

thatsafactjack on October 26, 2012 at 11:37 PM

You actually believe Obama would concede graciously??? lol

Raquel Pinkbullet on October 26, 2012 at 11:46 PM

Raquel Pinkbullet on October 26, 2012 at 11:45 PM

I don’t know…all the trends I started watching there over a month ago have been borne out over time.

cynccook on October 26, 2012 at 11:47 PM

Dire Straits on October 26, 2012 at 11:40 PM

I still have dreams of cinnamon buns in her hair.

OTTO on October 26, 2012 at 11:48 PM

I expect to let out a Rodeo whoop that they’ll hear all the way to Texas! lol!

thatsafactjack on October 26, 2012 at 11:43 PM

I’ll watch Matthews reminiss quietly in disbelief. It’s going to be magic Schadenfreude.

Schadenfreude on October 26, 2012 at 11:48 PM

You actually believe Obama would concede graciously??? lol

Raquel Pinkbullet on October 26, 2012 at 11:46 PM

Yes, more likely he’ll barricade himself inside his indoor basketball court with David Axelrod as a hostage. Unfortunately, no one will care and after a week Axelrod will have to go all Donner Pass on 0bama.

cynccook on October 26, 2012 at 11:49 PM

God luv ya Pred!
Enjoy your weekend.
XO.

bazil9 on October 26, 2012 at 11:49 PM

You actually believe Obama would concede graciously??? lol

Raquel Pinkbullet on October 26, 2012 at 11:46 PM

Does it matter? The point is that we can start to ignore him, no matter what kind of speech he gives. He’ll run around as presidential punchline for the rest of his days, just like Jimmy Carter…

Valkyriepundit on October 26, 2012 at 11:49 PM

clapton/bonamassa: which one is the teacher?

jrsrigmvr on October 26, 2012 at 11:49 PM

Whoa. Whoa. Whoa.

cynccook on October 26, 2012 at 11:50 PM

cynccook on October 26, 2012 at 11:44 PM

I can’t wait. He’ll be cheap, petty, snotty, bitter ( if he get’s all the way to clingy I’m going to be over the moon!) and snide.

I wouldn’t even be surprised if he refuses to make a public speech and simply calls Romney on the phone.

It’s the last speech I even want to hear him make! :)

thatsafactjack on October 26, 2012 at 11:51 PM

OTTO on October 26, 2012 at 11:45 PM

Outstanding!!..:)

Dire Straits on October 26, 2012 at 11:51 PM

bazil9 on October 26, 2012 at 11:41 PM

I expect to let out a Rodeo whoop that they’ll hear all the way to Texas! lol!

thatsafactjack on October 26, 2012 at 11:43 PM

LOL..your gonna hear some thing from me..I dunno what yet..
Walker will hear me in So/Cal and Canopfor will hear it in Canada.

bazil9 on October 26, 2012 at 11:51 PM

+7%…!

… The only thing I would add would be to replace “sad” with “pissed off!’.

Seven Percent Solution on October 26, 2012 at 11:30 PM

kim roy on October 26, 2012 at 11:41 PM

kr please join us all in FURIOUS

OTTO on October 26, 2012 at 11:51 PM

How does he keep all of that straight?

JPeterman on October 26, 2012 at 10:37 PM

Baronne is an interesting person. He’s legendary in terms of American politics and is statistical genius – forget Rove.

If you’re into the numbers, he’s your man. You can get his books on Amazon.

Cody1991 on October 26, 2012 at 11:51 PM

I drink whiskey every nite. may have to switch to tequila for the celebration.

jrsrigmvr on October 26, 2012 at 11:45 PM

I’d like to drink whisky every night but beer is safer…

OmahaConservative on October 26, 2012 at 11:51 PM

jrsrigmvr on October 26, 2012 at 11:49 PM

No fair! That’s like asking you which one of THESE TWO is better. :)

thatsafactjack on October 26, 2012 at 11:52 PM

There is no conscience nor integrity in the hack legacy media journalists.

bayview on October 26, 2012 at 9:54 PM

I’m going to go out on a limb. The media will make the coming East Coast storm seem beyond horrible, power will be out for days, if not weeks, the election will be declared off and he will declare incumbent victory–following his pattern of always saying “unprecedented”.

…the media will just play on.

Meh.

herm2416 on October 26, 2012 at 11:53 PM

after a week Axelrod will have to go all Donner Pass on 0bama.

cynccook on October 26, 2012 at 11:49 PM

Dog!! that made me laugh.

RushBaby on October 26, 2012 at 11:53 PM

Dire..you know what happens to the neighbors palm tree..LMAO.

bazil9 on October 26, 2012 at 11:46 PM

LMAO as well!!..:)

Dire Straits on October 26, 2012 at 11:53 PM

thatsafactjack on October 26, 2012 at 11:37 PM

cynccook on October 26, 2012 at 11:44 PM

I’m not as concerned with whatever comes out of Obama’s mouth, as much as I’m concerned with how the populations of Philadelphia, Detroit, Chicago, Atlanta, and LA respond to a Romney win.

listens2glenn on October 26, 2012 at 11:53 PM

bazil9 on October 26, 2012 at 11:51 PM

I almost never weep…but seriously… when Obama goes down.. when they announce Romney the winner… I’m likely to tear up from sheer joy! :)

thatsafactjack on October 26, 2012 at 11:54 PM

That will need to be on youtube, my friend.

cynccook on October 26, 2012 at 11:45 PM

For the parties at my ranch, we screen for and confiscate all telephones and other video equipment, in the interest of — ahem — guest privacy. Ain’t no Prince Harry deal about to happen there. But, that night is going to be some sort of fun, I predict. ;-)

TXUS on October 26, 2012 at 11:55 PM

SparkPlug on October 26, 2012 at 11:42 PM

LoLz..:)

Dire Straits on October 26, 2012 at 11:56 PM

Schadenfreude on October 26, 2012 at 11:48 PM

Yes…doubtless there will be days and days to savor their utter despair and dismay. We should savor their despair. We’ve earned it.

thatsafactjack on October 26, 2012 at 11:56 PM

I have a big crush on thatsafactLeia.

B9 is mine though.

SparkPlug on October 26, 2012 at 11:44 PM

Your hands are full.

OTTO on October 26, 2012 at 11:56 PM

thatsafactjack on October 26, 2012 at 11:52 PM

Try again all I get is a 404

jrsrigmvr on October 26, 2012 at 11:56 PM

I just know we should win this, and we need to. Save this country.

Raquel Pinkbullet on October 26, 2012 at 11:36 PM

I was stressing too, so I just pay attention now to the attitude of both parties. Obama acts like he is losing so I chose to believe him.

Mitsouko on October 26, 2012 at 11:57 PM

I have a big crush on thatsafactLeia.

B9 is mine though.

SparkPlug on October 26, 2012 at 11:44 PM

I bought these quit sparky patches..
They haven’t worked. :)
I cant get rid of my
t-shirt that says
property pf SP either..
Thinking of rehab.
Grace said they had a program there
about you..
when she went for her food throwing addiction.

bazil9 on October 26, 2012 at 11:57 PM

I’m truly optimistic (cautiously) in a way I never was when McCain ran.

cynccook on October 26, 2012 at 11:37 PM

…Senator Senile caused me major depression in ’08.
I got fired up with the Palin pick…and lost my enthusiasm after one day on the phone banks…my area over the past 5 presidential elections had a 71-78 % Republican turnout…it was 51%…it was an 87% turnout for other ‘affiliations’.
I am feeling good about this election…I can feel it on the phones…using a random list of phone numbers!
I feel so good…I just came back from my kids old high school teachers house on the main street of our ton. My bride assured me she went up north to close up their cottage for the winter. Like 2008…she has her front lawn saturated with OBAMA signs…but in front of them all is a big blank white one that says “THIS LADY IS NUTS…!!!…hope it’s there until Sunday night!

KOOLAID2 on October 26, 2012 at 11:57 PM

Valkyriepundit on October 26, 2012 at 11:49 PM

yes because I worry about civil unrest and riots. Jimmy Carter actually loved America.

Raquel Pinkbullet on October 26, 2012 at 11:58 PM

Hey, Jerkfaces!

annoyinglittletwerp on October 26, 2012 at 11:58 PM

jrsrigmvr on October 26, 2012 at 11:56 PM

Really? It should come up… I’ve got it now… it’s Eric Clapton and Mark Knopfler ‘Wonderful Tonight’.

Wonderful Tonight – Clapton and Knopfler

thatsafactjack on October 26, 2012 at 11:59 PM

cynccook on October 26, 2012 at 11:49 PM

I think he is going to contest the election, refuse to give up power. Riots, civil unrest is what I fear.

Raquel Pinkbullet on October 27, 2012 at 12:00 AM

KOOLAID2 on October 26, 2012 at 11:57 PM

:D Have people seen this already?

cynccook on October 27, 2012 at 12:00 AM

I’ll Take Care of You – Hart/Bonamassa

thatsafactjack on October 27, 2012 at 12:00 AM

bazil9 on October 26, 2012 at 11:51 PM

thatsafactjack on October 26, 2012 at 11:54 PM

I’m not a crier either..
I did cry the night he won..surprised myself..
I hope this time I am crying happy tears..
then will commence to drinking on the beach
and jumping into the Atlantic..:)
DVR set to watch heads explode..for later delight.

bazil9 on October 27, 2012 at 12:01 AM

Hang in there..We can do this!..:)

Dire Straits on October 26, 2012 at 11:41 PM

Hopefully. We celebrate.

Raquel Pinkbullet on October 27, 2012 at 12:01 AM

Hey, Jerkfaces!

annoyinglittletwerp on October 26, 2012 at 11:58 PM

Hey Twerpenstein. Lanceman was looking for you earlier! :D

cynccook on October 27, 2012 at 12:01 AM

after a week Axelrod will have to go all Donner Pass on 0bama.

cynccook on October 26, 2012 at 11:49 PM

Dog!! that made me laugh.

RushBaby on October 26, 2012 at 11:53 PM

I know what you meant, cyncook.

But thanks to my hobby interest, the first mental picture I got was Axelrod throwing Obama into one of those huge rotary snow-blowers that see a lot of use up on Donner Pass.

listens2glenn on October 27, 2012 at 12:01 AM

I drink whiskey every nite. may have to switch to tequila for the celebration.

jrsrigmvr on October 26, 2012 at 11:45 PM

I’d like to drink whisky every night but beer is safer…

OmahaConservative on October 26, 2012 at 11:51 PM

I choose to cover my bases. :)

OTTO on October 27, 2012 at 12:01 AM