Quotes of the day

posted at 9:23 pm on October 26, 2012 by Allahpundit

Four years after he was elected as a self-described ‘hopemonger’ promising a new post-partisan era, President Barack Obama is trying to claw his way to re-election with an ugly, divisive campaign in which he is playing the role of fearmonger-in-chief…

[I]f Obama is re-elected the way he has run his campaign may make it almost impossible for him to govern effectively – let alone in the spirit of the ‘better angels of our nature’ that Abraham Lincoln cited in his first inaugural speech and that Obama used to love quoting.

It was John McCain who said in 2008 that he would not ‘take the low road to the highest office in the land’.

Obama seems to believe that the load road is his only route back to the White House in 2012. It is the kind of strategy that Candidate Obama in 2008 would have viewed as beneath contempt.

***

A senior Romney strategist who asked not to be named said they expected more attacks from Obama. “The Chicago guys know that he is below 50 on both ballot and approval,” he told National Journal. “It is not that Obama likes to be a hatchet man. They think they have got to bring Romney back down by bringing his negatives back up…. But it is dangerous to have the president himself doing it.”

Madden called it “unfortunate he has to close the final days of the campaign this way.” But that is how most campaigns end, with one candidate ratcheting up the attack rhetoric and the other one trying to stay above the fray. In past campaigns, the one mounting the assault is often the one who either feels the election is slipping away or who finds it impossible to accept that the challenger is making the race so close.

***

What is President Obama doing? What votes is he trying to get? I said last week he had better find ways to appeal to more white voters, especially white working women, or he was going to lose. Well, the Obama campaign must have had a meeting and decided it needed the campaign message to center on the president’s childish, not-quite-cute name-calling, highlighted by vulgar insults. In the meeting it was obviously decided that the clumsy use of “Romnesia” could stay, but that if the president used his own mouth to call Mitt Romney a “bull*****er” that would really appeal to…? Appeal to whom? I have no idea what the Obama campaign is about, 11 days before the election.

In the campaign autopsies that will start in less than two weeks, Oct. 19 could be identified as the exact date that any remnant of Obama’s call for hope and change vanished. The president has descended to a new Nixonian level of slander and slur. Hooting about “Romnesia” and now attributing the idea that Mitt Romney is a “bull*****er” to a 6-year-old girl is where Obama has taken us.

In the final stretch, Obama’s campaign isn’t about offering hope and change but is about appealing to a coarse ignorance that he sees in voters.

***

But even looking beyond the biased analyses being published by liberal sources, the refusal of many Democrats to accept the reality of the Romney surge may be rooted in something more emotional than just skewed poll numbers. Many if not most liberals share the attitude of contempt for the Republicans that were so easily discerned in the attitudes of both President Obama and Vice President Biden during the debates. Though most Americans have rejected the attempt by the president’s campaign to define Romney as a heartless plutocrat or a monster, liberals bought it hook, line and sinker. The idea that such a person could have caught and passed Obama in the space of a few short weeks seems impossible to them not so much because they think the numbers don’t support this thesis but because they just don’t want it to be so.

Rather than debunking Romney’s wave, liberal analysts who seek to deny it are merely confirming their inability to look dispassionately at what has occurred. Democrats living in liberal echo chambers need a reality check.

***

We shouldn’t be talking about this silliness — Big Bird, “bull­s—-er” or a girl’s “first time.”

We should be talking about The Issues, we keep telling ourselves. But in the waning days of the presidential campaign, these are the issues — binders full of cultural issues that continue to divide us and by which Barack Obama hopes to win reelection…

Obama reasoned correctly that he had the majority with him, especially among women and youth, for many of whom these debates seem antiquated to not-applicable. Hence, a new Obama ad by the creator and star of HBO’s “Girls,” Lena Dunham, in which she compares voting for the first time (for a man who understands women) to, you know, “doing it” for the first time. It’s . . . what it is: a message to young women that losing one’s virginity is top of the bucket list, but first you gotta vote for the president who will give you free contraception.

The same ol’ culture wars. But, of course, women have had access to birth control for decades, and no one is trying to take it away. Anyone who suggests otherwise may have been spending too much time with Big Bird.

***

[A] funny thing happened over the next six weeks: Obama’s own cue balls shriveled. Biden had offered up a deft campaign slogan encompassing both domestic and foreign policy: “Osama’s dead and General Motors is alive.” But, as the al-Qaeda connections to Benghazi dribbled out leak by leak, the “Osama’s dead” became a problematic boast and, left to stand alone, the General Motors line was even less credible. Avoiding the economy and foreign affairs, Obama fell back on Big Bird, and binders, and bayonets, just to name the “B”s in his bonnet. At the second presidential debate, he name-checked Planned Parenthood, the General Motors of the American abortion industry, half a dozen times, desperate to preserve his so-called gender gap. Yet oddly enough, the more furiously Obama and Biden have waved their binders and talked up Sandra Fluke, the more his supposed lead among women has withered away. So now he needs to enthuse the young, who turned out in such numbers for him last time. Hence, the official campaign video (plagiarized from Vladimir Putin of all people) explaining that voting for Obama is like having sex. The saddest thing about that claim is that, for liberals, it may well be true.

Both videos — the one faking Obamagasm and the one faking a Benghazi pretext — exemplify the wretched shrinkage that befalls those unable to conceive of anything except in the most self-servingly political terms. Both, in different ways, exemplify why Obama and Biden are unfit for office. One video testifies to a horrible murderous lie at the heart of a head of state’s most solemn responsibility, the other to the glib shallow narcissism of a pop-culture presidency, right down to the numbing relentless peer pressure: C’mon, all the cool kids are doing it; why be the last hold-out?

***

Even a narrow win for Obama, though, would not reestablish anything like the mandate and amity the president enjoyed on his Inauguration Day. The reason is that, as the Obama coalition diminished, Obama no longer disguised the prejudices, inflections, outlook, and approach of the progressive movement. A confessed reader of Andrew Sullivan’s hysterical web site, the president has taken on the maximalist characteristics of the liberal blogosphere. He is scornful and contemptuous of Romney, as could be seen in his patronizing lecture on aircraft carriers and submarines during the third debate. His campaign seizes on the most trivial comments—“I like Big Bird”; “Binders full of women”—to engage in juvenile jibes that would not make the first cut at the Late Show writers’ meeting. His rallies have become self-congratulatory comedy hours in which the assembled Democrats laugh heartily at the insults and zingers the president throws Romney’s way. Obama has been on a seemingly nonstop tour of television shows hosted by late-night comics. His new attack line that the Republican nominee has “Romnesia” was, as the vice president might say, literally taken from liberal blogs. The vice president even asked his audience at a recent rally whether it had watched The Daily Show the night before. The men who hold the highest offices in the most powerful country in the history of the world have been debased to the point where they look like fill-in guests on Up with Chris Hayes.

The Democrats allowed the progressive movement’s hatred of Bush to take over their old and storied political party. That party and movement found a champion and a path to power in Obama, but the electoral forces on which his power relied were unstable. In 2008, he satisfied the left and won the middle. Once in power, though, he kept the left satisfied and lost the middle and right.

In 2012, there is just the left.

***

***

“The minute he starts playing small ball, the minute he starts making all these snippy little remarks, it’s over for him,” Steyn said. “He can’t be a dark and malevolent and attack ad kind of candidate. He has to be Mr. ‘Sunny,’ Mr. ‘Hope,’ and Mr. ‘Change.’ And because he didn’t run on any of that, and he’s basically left at 10 days before the election to resurrect that character, I think was a fatal miscalculation.”

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 8

Dire Straits on October 26, 2012 at 10:59 PM

It’s not even original. It’s based on an ad Putin ran in Russia.

thatsafactjack on October 26, 2012 at 11:00 PM

Independents’ ballad to Obama

jaime on October 26, 2012 at 11:01 PM

Do you know if you have to declare your party for the primaries in Ohio, which I assume is where these pollsters are getting this information?

JPeterman on October 26, 2012 at 10:58 PM

All you have to do is show up and say that you want to vote in that primary. They’ll switch you if need be, but they’ll still let you vote. Pretty pointless.

cynccook on October 26, 2012 at 11:01 PM

cynccook on October 26, 2012 at 10:52 PM

No Ace, and CAC over at ASHQ was what I was linking to. The other article I was referencing was this one>> Why Romney WILL win OH without ever leading in the polls.

I want to believe. But until I see some consistent objective evidence that OH is going for Romney I’m going to worry a bit too. As well we all should.

Raquel Pinkbullet on October 26, 2012 at 11:02 PM

714 Qualudes? Now that’s a blast from the past. Are those things still around?

Jvette on October 26, 2012 at 10:59 PM

Not made in this country anymore. Last I heard (and this was years ago) was that they were only being manufactured in Europe. Don’t even know if they still make them or not.

predator on October 26, 2012 at 11:02 PM

Welp. No Gumbo tonight.

Lanceman on October 26, 2012 at 11:02 PM

Lanceman on October 26, 2012 at 10:58 PM

Who..atheling?
No..I remember the athe

Cool..you just select which women can vote.
I’ll select the men that shouldnt..deal?

bazil9 on October 26, 2012 at 11:03 PM

For myself, I couldn’t agree more.

Jvette on October 26, 2012 at 10:56 PM

Thumbs up to both of you fine ladies!!..I can’t believe Obie would approve of that ad..It is embarrassing!!..:)

Dire Straits on October 26, 2012 at 11:03 PM

It’s not even original. It’s based on an ad Putin ran in Russia.

thatsafactjack on October 26, 2012 at 11:00 PM

And the “virgin” actress in Vlad’s vid was so much better looking, quite pretty actually.

How ya doin’ tonight Miss Jackie?

TXUS on October 26, 2012 at 11:03 PM

Obama is toast..

Electrongod on October 26, 2012 at 10:55 PM

Electron that is orbiting all good nite.

OTTO on October 26, 2012 at 11:03 PM

Before, or after the accidents?

I’ve used Vico-Jack for occasional back pain through the years.

massrighty on October 26, 2012 at 10:57 PM

Depends. Sometimes they were the cause. And sometimes they were relief.

Although as the cause, the relief was already there. If you’re feeling no pain, you’re feeling no pain. ;)

predator on October 26, 2012 at 11:04 PM

Raquel, that is good news for Romney…Why is this worrisome?

Mitsouko on October 26, 2012 at 10:57 PM

Because basically it says that Undecided voters break evenly. I am not a poll wiz. I am just seeing all this, and we still don’t have even 1 lead in OH, and it is worrying me. We are only 10 days out from the election now.

Raquel Pinkbullet on October 26, 2012 at 11:05 PM

thatsafactjack on October 26, 2012 at 11:00 PM

Thanks..Very good background info..:)

Dire Straits on October 26, 2012 at 11:05 PM

714 Qualudes? Now that’s a blast from the past. Are those things still around?

Jvette on October 26, 2012 at 10:59 PM

What was the other brand? Lemmon 303 or something?

OmahaConservative on October 26, 2012 at 11:05 PM

JPeterman on October 26, 2012 at 10:58 PM

They do have them broken down by parties. I’ve been tracking the returns of early ballots/in-person votes in some of Ohio’s largest counties. You can take a look at the numbers here:

Ohio, By The Numbers (Updated 10.26)

Votes cast early in person will be counted on Election Day. Absentee ballots are not opened until Election Day and then are only opened and counted if mathematically necessary.

Resist We Much on October 26, 2012 at 11:05 PM

TXUS on October 26, 2012 at 11:03 PM

I’m very well, thank you, TXUS. How are you this evening? :)

And, yes. Vlad’s actress was much prettier…but then Putin wishes the world to think he’s a real man, unlike Obama.

thatsafactjack on October 26, 2012 at 11:06 PM

Cool..you just select which women can vote.
I’ll select the men that shouldnt..deal?

bazil9 on October 26, 2012 at 11:03 PM

Nah. Man’s world. I report – I decide…

Lanceman on October 26, 2012 at 11:06 PM

Raquel Pinkbullet on October 26, 2012 at 11:02 PM

I’m in Akron, where are you?

cynccook on October 26, 2012 at 11:06 PM

Raquel Pinkbullet on October 26, 2012 at 11:05 PM

Pay attention to the polling sample..I don’t think the Dems are going to have a huge 2008 turnout..imho..:)

Dire Straits on October 26, 2012 at 11:07 PM

Aaaaaaaantwerp!

Lanceman on October 26, 2012 at 11:07 PM

Welp. No Gumbo tonight.

Lanceman on October 26, 2012 at 11:02 PM

Not up to the task? :)

OTTO on October 26, 2012 at 11:08 PM

I asked that question this afternoon. Just because you’re registered as a Democrat or a Republic doesn’t necessarily mean that you’re voting for the party you are affiliated with.

JPeterman on October 26, 2012 at 10:58 PM

I dont know about Ohio…

But I have some older family members..registered D’s that voted MC/Palin..
and are voting R/R this go around. They are old school..and don’t always vote “party”.

Before, or after the accidents?

I’ve used Vico-Jack for occasional back pain through the years.

massrighty on October 26, 2012 at 10:57 PM

LOL Mass..I used Vico/Beer..advil and Ice..Heating pad. My RX after getting rammed.

bazil9 on October 26, 2012 at 11:08 PM

Never Tear Us Apart – Inxs

thatsafactjack on October 26, 2012 at 11:09 PM

What was the other brand? Lemmon 303 or something?

OmahaConservative on October 26, 2012 at 11:05 PM

I remember Lemmons. 714s were better. But Lemmons would do in a pinch.
:D

predator on October 26, 2012 at 11:09 PM

Not up to the task? :)

OTTO on October 26, 2012 at 11:08 PM

Nope. I gotta feel like it to do it. Not tonight.

Lanceman on October 26, 2012 at 11:09 PM

What was the other brand? Lemmon 303 or something?

OmahaConservative on October 26, 2012 at 11:05 PM

I just remember that if it didn’t have 714 stamped on it, it was not a real quaalude. Not that I ever took them or anything.

Jvette on October 26, 2012 at 11:09 PM

I ain’t sayin’ but I also ain’t clickin’.

If the fine writers got canned because they weren’t drawin’ traffic, then…

cozmo on October 26, 2012 at 10:55 PM

Two can play that game. I went down and read almost everything in the Green Room when I’m on this site. I will not intrude on the private conversations of the big shots here. Their loss, no clicks from me either.

JPeterman on October 26, 2012 at 11:09 PM

That’s your sadness speaking, Bishop.

Don’t be sad.

chumpThreads on October 26, 2012 at 9:57 PM

I’m sad. I’m sad thinking about two men left to die on a roof top by an incompetent, lazy politician. I get even sadder thinking about how they died, of how long they fought on that roof top hoping someone would come for them, but never did. I’m really sad when I wonder how long it was before they died they fought knowing that this was it and no one was coming.

I’m sad when I think about the hideous ways that Ambassador Stevens might have been killed and what they might have done to him before and after.

I’m sad about a man who told his gaming friends that he might die that evening because he saw something suspicious outside. I’m sad that his mother has to go to the UK to try to get some answers because she can’t get any from her own government.

I’m very sad.

I’m also sad that a lot of people don’t know about this, aren’t honoring the four dead, aren’t being told because of a corrupt and venal press.

Another thing that makes me oh so very sad is people like you who have no respect for the dead, no anger towards people that would let this happen and cover it up and come and use it as a stick to poke those that do care.

So thank you for asking. I am incredibly sad tonight, sad in a way that might be forever with me.

kim roy on October 26, 2012 at 11:10 PM

Not up to the task? :)

OTTO on October 26, 2012 at 11:08 PM

Probably another victim of the Incredible shrinking Campaign…

cynccook on October 26, 2012 at 11:10 PM

Breaking news on Benghazi: the CIA spokesman, presumably at the direction of CIA director David Petraeus, has put out this statement: “No one at any level in the CIA told anybody not to help those in need; claims to the contrary are simply inaccurate. ”

Kristol is saying this is Petraeus throwing Barry under the bus. Was he really pushing back at the Barry adminstration? That statement can just as easier be yaken as Petraeus attacking the unnamed sources cited by Jennifer Griffin in her report in FoxNews.

bayview on October 26, 2012 at 11:10 PM

there’s fever in the funk house now

jaime on October 26, 2012 at 11:11 PM

kim roy on October 26, 2012 at 11:10 PM

Perfectly said.

Jvette on October 26, 2012 at 11:11 PM

I remember Lemmons. 714s were better. But Lemmons would do in a pinch.
:D

predator on October 26, 2012 at 11:09 PM

Jvette on October 26, 2012 at 11:09 PM

I broke my leg under the influence of ‘ludes in 1973…

OmahaConservative on October 26, 2012 at 11:12 PM

I mean there are some positive signs coming out of OH. But again I want us to lead in at least a poll.

Everyone should follow–> https://twitter.com/ningrim he has the best OH information and early vote numbers.

I just caught this nugget:

GOP is +15k in Cuyahoga vs 2008, Dems -18k vs 2008 (2/2) http://tinyurl.com/cyogpnx

Raquel Pinkbullet on October 26, 2012 at 11:12 PM

Jvette on October 26, 2012 at 11:09 PM

Not gonna lie. Back in the day, I kept them in a candy dish on the coffee table.

predator on October 26, 2012 at 11:12 PM

kim roy on October 26, 2012 at 11:10 PM

I just hope that the families shout from the rooftops until those accountable — both inside this administration and in Libya are held accountable. Those people were practically begging for help and they were denied every time. Makes my stomach turn.

cynccook on October 26, 2012 at 11:12 PM

Well, gotta go, hubbie’s home for dinner and will take over computer for the night.

Keep the faith all.

Jvette on October 26, 2012 at 11:12 PM

jrsrigmvr on October 26, 2012 at 11:13 PM

Where is steveangell and FloatingCrock?

Lanceman on October 26, 2012 at 11:13 PM

.I can’t believe Obie would approve of that ad..It is embarrassing!!..:)

Dire Straits on October 26, 2012 at 11:03 PM

When is he not embarrassing? Fits his style..
the more embarrassing and lack of class the better.

bazil9 on October 26, 2012 at 11:13 PM

I broke my leg under the influence of ‘ludes in 1973…

OmahaConservative on October 26, 2012 at 11:12 PM

Oh well, at least it didn’t hurt as bad.

I dropped my motorcycle while on ‘em one time. Tore a gash in my chin clear to the bone. Didn’t feel a thing. The docs weren’t real happy with me though. *shrugs*

predator on October 26, 2012 at 11:14 PM

I’m in Akron, where are you?

cynccook on October 26, 2012 at 11:06 PM

I’m in NV.

Dire Straits on October 26, 2012 at 11:07 PM

I know, but like I said, I would like to see Romney leading in at least 1 poll.

Raquel Pinkbullet on October 26, 2012 at 11:14 PM

I remember Lemmons. 714s were better. But Lemmons would do in a pinch.
:D

predator on October 26, 2012 at 11:09 PM

Lemmons were real ‘ludes, you just needed more of ‘em…

OmahaConservative on October 26, 2012 at 11:15 PM

cynccook on October 26, 2012 at 11:12 PM

It didn’t do the families of the victims of Fast And Furious any good.

The media has to get involved in a big way, and the only thing they are involved in is the coverup.

jaime on October 26, 2012 at 11:15 PM

bazil9 on October 26, 2012 at 11:08 PM

Arthritic Back pain veteran here.
Ibu will kill you long term, Vico will do nothing short term, beer will give salvation tonight and a loving patient wife with a heating pad will give you salvation.

OTTO on October 26, 2012 at 11:15 PM

Isn’t this coincidental?

Schadenfreude on October 26, 2012 at 11:15 PM

Raquel Pinkbullet on October 26, 2012 at 11:12 PM

If that’s true, it’s game over. Remember in 2008, 0bama only won by 300,000 votes — 2,674,491 to 2,933,388.

cynccook on October 26, 2012 at 11:15 PM

kim roy on October 26, 2012 at 11:10 PM

So very well put. And so over the head of the recipient.

cozmo on October 26, 2012 at 11:16 PM

Aaaaaaaantwerp!

Lanceman on October 26, 2012 at 11:07 PM

She is in Belgium.

SparkPlug on October 26, 2012 at 11:16 PM

thatsafactjack on October 26, 2012 at 11:09 PM

My first ever real “date”.
INXS concert :)
Thx for the memory.

bazil9 on October 26, 2012 at 11:16 PM

“In less than an hour, the perimeters could have been secured and American lives could have been saved. After seven hours fighting numerically superior forces, my son’s life was sacrificed because of the White House’s decision.”

Why would Obama and Biden do such a thing? Because to launch a military operation against an al-Qaeda affiliate on the anniversary of 9/11 would have exposed the hollowness of their boast through convention week and the days thereafter — that Osama was dead and al-Qaeda was finished.

I remember how, in the 2008 election, Obama was talking trash about how George W. Bush had “taken his eye off the ball” and had let Osama bin Laden get away. Seems to me that W. knew which ball he should have his eye on: protecting the American people rather than pursuing some kind of personal vendetta. Obama preened and boasted about bagging bin Laden, but he’s the one who took his eye off the ball.

Socratease on October 26, 2012 at 11:16 PM

Miss You, Hate you – Bonamassa

thatsafactjack on October 26, 2012 at 11:16 PM

bazil9 on October 26, 2012 at 11:16 PM

My pleasure, B9. :)

thatsafactjack on October 26, 2012 at 11:17 PM

Ohio, By The Numbers (Updated 10.26)

Resist We Much on October 26, 2012 at 11:05 PM

Thanks Comrade, I’m looking at it right now. You guys are so good with these numbers and such and figuring all of this stuff out. I’m in the King Obama category, and get along with basic simple arithmetic. :(

JPeterman on October 26, 2012 at 11:17 PM

Has anyone realize how many pollsters are based in Jersey Ras, SUSA, ORC, Gallup, if Sandy rips through Jersey, we could be looking at power outages and a lot of pollsters not being able to poll. Wow would that suck. Would make the final 10 days unbearable.

Raquel Pinkbullet on October 26, 2012 at 11:17 PM

I’m debating on what I want to eat on election night. 2008 I had Steak, and 2004 I had pizza. Leaning towards “victory pizza”. There’s a great little mom and pop place by me that has amazing deep dish.

wargamer6 on October 26, 2012 at 11:17 PM

Oh and schadenfreude..a big bugs bunny kiss to you.
How is Sandy storm treating you?

bazil9 on October 26, 2012 at 10:44 PM

Got it :) Here’s one back to you. I’m stronger than a storm. I am a storm.

Schadenfreude on October 26, 2012 at 11:17 PM

I broke my leg under the influence of ‘ludes in 1973…

OmahaConservative on October 26, 2012 at 11:12 PM

You are lucky to have something to remember ludes by.

OTTO on October 26, 2012 at 11:19 PM

. I’m stronger than a storm. I am a storm.

Schadenfreude on October 26, 2012 at 11:17 PM

Well said. Heart of a lion. :)

thatsafactjack on October 26, 2012 at 11:19 PM

Those are early voting numbers.

Here are some other interesting numbers about Cuyahoga:

* 15.6% of the total votes cast for Obama in 2008 came from Cuyahoga County.

* It has 208,207 fewer total registered voters than it did in 2008.

* It has lost 48,872 registered Democrats since 2008.

* It has lost 194,199 registered independents since 2008.

* It has gained 34,864 registered Republicans since the 2008.

Resist We Much on October 26, 2012 at 11:19 PM

kim roy on October 26, 2012 at 11:10 PM

It’s a sadness we all share. They can never be brought back, but they can be redeemed, if we all stay the course. God bless them and keep them well.

predator on October 26, 2012 at 11:19 PM

cynccook on October 26, 2012 at 11:15 PM

It’s encouraging for sure. That’s Cleveland from what I understood. a 33k vote swing is big.

Raquel Pinkbullet on October 26, 2012 at 11:20 PM

wargamer6 on October 26, 2012 at 11:17 PM

Ronald & Nancy Reagan enjoyed scrambled eggs for dinner on election night. I am leaning towards that with rye toast…

OmahaConservative on October 26, 2012 at 11:20 PM

JPeterman on October 26, 2012 at 11:17 PM

Just doing my small part, Comrade. :-)

Resist We Much on October 26, 2012 at 11:20 PM

Schadenfreude on October 26, 2012 at 11:17 PM

Is this you?

wargamer6 on October 26, 2012 at 11:20 PM

wargamer6 on October 26, 2012 at 11:17 PM

OmahaConservative on October 26, 2012 at 11:20 PM

Victory Pancakes!

El_Terrible on October 26, 2012 at 11:21 PM

wargamer6 on October 26, 2012 at 11:17 PM

Oooops, and a lot of BACON, of course…

OmahaConservative on October 26, 2012 at 11:21 PM

Those are early voting numbers.

Here are some other interesting numbers about Cuyahoga:

* 15.6% of the total votes cast for Obama in 2008 came from Cuyahoga County.

* It has 208,207 fewer total registered voters than it did in 2008.

* It has lost 48,872 registered Democrats since 2008.

* It has lost 194,199 registered independents since 2008.

* It has gained 34,864 registered Republicans since the 2008.

Resist We Much on October 26, 2012 at 11:19 PM

That’s awesome. I feel so much better. But where are you finding these stats?

Raquel Pinkbullet on October 26, 2012 at 11:21 PM

bazil9 on October 26, 2012 at 11:16 PM

My First real date was at a Tupperware Party.

There were something like 15 chaperones so I didn’t get to first base.

Actually I didn’t even get to bat.

Actually I didn’t even get to the parking lot of the stadium where the ball game was.

Tupperware is such a turn on though.

SparkPlug on October 26, 2012 at 11:22 PM

bazil9 on October 26, 2012 at 11:08 PM

Arthritic Back pain veteran here.

OTTO on October 26, 2012 at 11:15 PM

Degenerative Arthritis veteran here and nerve damage..
From those previous accidents back in the day.
Yes..I stay away from the Ibu..I got enough in my system. Rips the stomach.
Pain pills took a while to get use to..I don’t like the acedo
in them..liver wise. What helps you also kills ya.
But thats the ropes.
Yes. love, my lazy boy,heating pad,ice is my also my salvation. :)

I had a week from hell itself..Friday is beer treat night. Not in excess.

bazil9 on October 26, 2012 at 11:23 PM

kim roy on October 26, 2012 at 11:10 PM

You said everything I have been thinking all day. Well done, Comrade, well done.

JPeterman on October 26, 2012 at 11:23 PM

Where is steveangell and FloatingCrock?

Lanceman on October 26, 2012 at 11:13 PM

rofl..:)

Dire Straits on October 26, 2012 at 11:23 PM

You are lucky to have something to remember ludes by.

OTTO on October 26, 2012 at 11:19 PM

I do know I thought two bucks each was an outrageous price. Remember how big they were?

OmahaConservative on October 26, 2012 at 11:23 PM

I did not realize Gallup bounced back up to plus 5 Romney….no wonder some of our trolls missed class today.

CW on October 26, 2012 at 11:23 PM

jrsrigmvr on October 26, 2012 at 11:23 PM

thatsafactjack on October 26, 2012 at 11:06 PM

Don’t know Vlad or whether he’s a “real man” or not, suspect he is though, but at least he understands how men think by putting a pretty woman in his ads and on his stages instead of the Flukes and the Dunhams and the other women who probably have chew toys in their closets.

TXUS on October 26, 2012 at 11:23 PM

Probably another victim of the Incredible shrinking Campaign…

cynccook on October 26, 2012 at 11:10 PM

The Lanceman never shrinks under pressure!
WE ARE LANCEMAN!

OTTO on October 26, 2012 at 11:23 PM

wargamer6 on October 26, 2012 at 11:17 PM

Shrimp and champagne, baby. Just like it’s a new year. Because it will be. Not just a new year, but hopefully a new dawn in America. O Must Go!

predator on October 26, 2012 at 11:23 PM

kim roy on October 26, 2012 at 11:10 PM

cynccook on October 26, 2012 at 11:12 PM

It’s going to be very hard for the families. The press is going to diminish and ignore them. The Obama administration is going to pretend they don’t exist. I hope they can stay with it. They deserve better than the kabuki they’ve been getting.

kim roy on October 26, 2012 at 11:23 PM

Anyone seen this video? It’s hilarious:

wargamer6 on October 26, 2012 at 11:24 PM

OmahaConservative on October 26, 2012 at 11:20 PM

Count me in! Also I will add some alcoholic beverage.

Raquel Pinkbullet on October 26, 2012 at 11:24 PM

Raquel Pinkbullet on October 26, 2012 at 11:05 PM

Actually, it says that undecideds break for the challenger by a wide margin at best, and at worst, an even break.

You keep saying we should all be worried like that will make any difference whatsoever. Eeyore-ism never won an election.

Mitsouko on October 26, 2012 at 11:24 PM

Remember how big they were?

OmahaConservative on October 26, 2012 at 11:23 PM

Remeberwhat? 0_o…?

OTTO on October 26, 2012 at 11:25 PM

OmahaConservative on October 26, 2012 at 11:20 PM

Count me in! Also I will add some alcoholic beverage.

Raquel Pinkbullet on October 26, 2012 at 11:24 PM

But of course, and BACON…

OmahaConservative on October 26, 2012 at 11:25 PM

I know, but like I said, I would like to see Romney leading in at least 1 poll.

Raquel Pinkbullet on October 26, 2012 at 11:14 PM

I agree..Hopefully we will get there!..:)

Dire Straits on October 26, 2012 at 11:25 PM

Resist We Much on October 26, 2012 at 11:19 PM

Raquel Pinkbullet on October 26, 2012 at 11:20 PM

Of course it’s anecdotal, but I’m hearing from people all over the state that there just aren’t as 0 signs and bumperstickers as there were in 2008. It’s certainly true here, where Ds are the outright majority (within the city limits, not within the county as a whole). That being said, there is literally an 0bama ad on the radio somewhere every 2 minutes. I’m just starting to hear more Romney ads (I only listen to the radio in the car, though.)

cynccook on October 26, 2012 at 11:25 PM

bazil9 on October 26, 2012 at 10:44 PM

Got it :) Here’s one back to you. I’m stronger than a storm. I am a storm.

Schadenfreude on October 26, 2012 at 11:17 PM

I meant the bugs kiss…
was playing bmore with you on the storm..lol..
:)..yes you are..a storm..
but one I like. ;)
I like your lightning comment strikes the best.

bazil9 on October 26, 2012 at 11:26 PM

Remeberwhat? 0_o…?

OTTO on October 26, 2012 at 11:25 PM

‘lude’s were bigger than the average pill…

OmahaConservative on October 26, 2012 at 11:26 PM

Scad is a Jedi.
Dire is yoda.
Jackie is Princess Leia.

I’m Hands Solo since I couldn’t get any action at the Tupperware party.

SparkPlug on October 26, 2012 at 11:26 PM

TXUS on October 26, 2012 at 11:23 PM

I don’t know if Putin is a ‘real man’ or not, either, but when it comes to image projection he’s got Obama beat hands down.

It’s clear that Obama IS the ‘empty slate’ he claimed to be, and that Jarrett and his wife run him. He is ‘uxorious’ personified.

thatsafactjack on October 26, 2012 at 11:26 PM

Yes. love, my lazy boy,heating pad,ice is my also my salvation. :)

I had a week from hell itself..Friday is beer treat night. Not in excess.

bazil9 on October 26, 2012 at 11:23 PM

Ever try Aleve? No acedo or ibu. I think it’s naproxen.
I use it. Works well. Acedo is out of the question due to the liver thing, as you said.

predator on October 26, 2012 at 11:27 PM

Where is steveangell and FloatingCrock?

Lanceman on October 26, 2012 at 11:13 PM

rofl..:)

Dire Straits on October 26, 2012 at 11:23 PM

Reminds me of when the good fishing would dry up in my favorite spot.
Kind of sad they were gone but I knew where they went.
GET IN MY BELLY!

OTTO on October 26, 2012 at 11:27 PM

Mitsouko on October 26, 2012 at 11:24 PM

I am not saying we should “worry” I am saying we should all try our best for the next 10 days to help Romney.

I am for optimism, this election is very important. We have to win. Losing is not an option.

Raquel Pinkbullet on October 26, 2012 at 11:27 PM

Schad not Scad.

stupit iPad tingy.

SparkPlug on October 26, 2012 at 11:27 PM

SparkPlug on October 26, 2012 at 11:26 PM

Made me laugh!

thatsafactjack on October 26, 2012 at 11:27 PM

this is really sad…a comparison of the questions from Douglas Brinkley in Rolling Stone and the Denver radio guy

brinkley sounds like one of our trolls…i imagine that in barry’s happy world he is surrounded by brinkleys…in barry’s bad world there are ugly villains like the denver radio guy

r keller on October 26, 2012 at 10:30 PM

Deserves a repost….

Barred on October 26, 2012 at 11:28 PM

The President is melting! He’s Melting!

Lordy, lordy, someone must he’p him!

Oooh! He’p him, he’p him! Somebody he’p him! He’p him! He’p him! He’p him!

VorDaj on October 26, 2012 at 11:28 PM

Cloudy Day – J.J. Cale

thatsafactjack on October 26, 2012 at 11:28 PM

kim roy on October 26, 2012 at 11:23 PM

And where are those ridiculous harridans from ‘Code Pink,’ et al.? Such hypocrites. Did you see the short video Allah linked about 0bama’s “Kill List?” The libs interviewed were horrified by it when they thought it (and other policies) were Romney’s but when they found it was 0bama’s they were suddenly cool with it.

cynccook on October 26, 2012 at 11:29 PM

Why doesn’t another conservative news or opinion tv network start up? The left has msnbc, current tv, NBC news, CBS, abc, PBS, Comedy Central (daily show, etc).

I love Fox News Channel, but I think it would be a good thing for all if it got some competition.

bluegill on October 26, 2012 at 11:29 PM