The War on Bacon

posted at 6:01 pm on October 25, 2012 by Mary Katharine Ham

Kelly Maher of Revealing Politics and I are doing a little talk show for 30-45 minutes, here, at 6:15 p.m. every day. We named it The War on Bacon. We figure, since the government is after trans fats, big sodas, salt, and most other sinfully delicious things, it won’t be long before they zero in on our favorite— bacon. So, as fans of pork products— how could I not be?— we are here to fight for it, in the most crucial fight of our time— The War on Bacon. Join the ranks of the Baconators and fight with us!

We talk a lot of politics, a bit of culture, a splash of sports, and in the end, strive to be a show Ron Swanson would want to watch.

On the agenda tonight we will discuss how to deal with the family members and high school friends that are about to scream in all caps on your facebook page before unfriending you.

This is especially upsetting news for the Mustache surrounded by David Axelrod’s body as it had declared Obama “in the lead” following the first debate using the scientific polling method “I think.”

We will also be discussing news that the gender disparity is going from gap to “uncomfortable touching.”

Today in memes: Skateboarding Professors

Videos under discussion: Why does Obama suck so much for Ohio?

Mary Katharine Ham of HotAir.com and Kelly Maher of RevealingPolitics.com discuss politics, culture, and all kinds of other randomness. A good happy hour timed show, please join us live every day at 6:15 EST.

You can download the audio for the show, here, or sign up for the RSS feed! Or, find us on iTunes!

Comments

There is certainly a War on Bacon when Obama’s in office!

22044 on October 25, 2012 at 6:06 PM

The best southern fried chicken I have ever had was fried in half bacon grease and half Crisco (the original, all trans-fat Crisco). People today will never know how good it was.

Corky Boyd on October 25, 2012 at 6:19 PM

I won’t be happy until we get the War on Bacon Official Bacon Hot Fudge Sundae recipe.

Limerick on October 25, 2012 at 6:19 PM

Corky Boyd on October 25, 2012 at 6:19 PM

My grandmother (originally from the south) only fried her chicken in bacon fat, in a cast iron skillet that probably never saw the insides of a dishwasher.

Best fried chicken in the world, bar none. The only person she ever gave the recipe to was my wife. ;-)

nukemhill on October 25, 2012 at 6:22 PM

Is this and Eds thread like PSA’s? Cause with so few refreshes the to of them combined = 8 comments on average. Am I mistaken as to how the site gains revenue?

Bmore on October 25, 2012 at 6:23 PM

Here I will comp you and extra. to = two.

Bmore on October 25, 2012 at 6:24 PM

♡ Nice new photo! ♡

RushBaby on October 25, 2012 at 6:24 PM

This sure is a long war. :-))

PappyD61 on October 25, 2012 at 6:35 PM

You can wrap bacon around sausage.

You can wrap gifts with bacon also.

SparkPlug on October 25, 2012 at 6:36 PM

Great show Like the new photo…..CONSERVITAVE WOMAN SO HOT

jammlbts on October 25, 2012 at 6:36 PM

That photo is better, but not nearly good enough. C’mon HA, you can do better than that.

HiJack on October 25, 2012 at 6:36 PM

UCSB site listing Presidential Press Conferences

Hint: 2012, there were nine. 3 in March, 3 in April, and one each May, June, and August.

socalcon on October 25, 2012 at 7:41 PM

Am I late, again?

Fallon on October 25, 2012 at 8:47 PM

There’s no effin way Obama is going to win Virginia. I’m in Virginia – Northern Virginia, no less. Virginia just lost its mind in 08. At its heart, this is mostly a state of proud bitter clingers that now seethe with anger at the very mention of O’s name. He will not win Virginia.

WhatSlushfund on October 26, 2012 at 4:34 AM

I love bacon! Not only is it delicious beyond description, it is also a natural Muslim repellent, and it offends libiots too, like Obama! Oh wait, I doubled-up on Obama, heh, my bad!

insidiator on October 26, 2012 at 7:44 AM