Team Romney raises $111.8 million — in 17 days

posted at 11:21 am on October 25, 2012 by Ed Morrissey

Normally we’d have to wait until sometime in November to see how fundraising went for candidates in the last full month of the campaign.  The Romney campaign couldn’t quite contain their excitement over their numbers for October, however, and released the data earlier this morning.  The campaign, in conjunction with the RNC, raised $111.8 million … in just the first seventeen days of the month:

Today, Romney for President, Romney Victory, and the Republican National Committee announced fundraising totals of over $111.8 million from October 1 to October 17. The campaign, RNC and state party participants have approximately $169 million cash on hand.

The breakdown of the numbers is equally impressive:

FAST FACTS About Romney For President, Romney Victory, and RNC Fundraising:

• Over $111.84 Million Raised Between October 1 And October 17
  • 91.72% Of All Donations Received Between October 1 And October 17 Were $250 Or Less
  • $38,172,228 Million Raised By Donations Under $250 Between October 1 And October 17
  • 794,958 Donations Received Under $250 Between October 1 And October 17
  • Approximately $169.04 Million Cash On Hand
  • Contributions Received From All 50 States And Washington, D.C.

Fox News reports on the significance of the cash haul:

The money raised — through a joint effort between the Republican National Committee and the campaign — will aide Romney in flooding the airwaves with ads during the final weeks of the campaign.

The total would suggest Romney is capitalizing off his strong debate performances, beginning in early October. Since then, crowd sizes at his rallies have grown and the polls have tightened.

I’d be surprised if Obama wasn’t pulling in a lot of money in the first part of the month, too, but I doubt it was this much.  Obama and Romney have both given up attending fundraisers to focus entirely on campaigning since around the middle of this month, so the donations will be slowing up for the final two weeks of October.  In seventeen days, though, Team Romney/RNC raised nearly as much as they did in all of September — and it’s difficult to believe that Romney’s dominating performance in the October 3rd debate didn’t have an impact on fundraising.  In more ways than one, Romney won the debate season, and now he has a big enough infusion of cash to dominate the airwaves in swing states if he so chooses.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Allred is as slimy a lawyer as has ever crawled upon their snake skinned belly into a court room, but the one thing she is never ever going to do, is risk her license to practice law. It’s the only thing that get’s her face time on television.

SWalker on October 25, 2012 at 12:08 PM

But wouldn’t it be fun if her manic liberal feminazi fervency gets her to one day run afoul?

I would love to see that. Nothing is better than seeing a liberal crushed by his/her own liberalism.

Liam on October 25, 2012 at 12:12 PM

I agree, with this much cash advantage, going into states like Michigan and Pennsylvania make sense purely to dilute resources for Obama in other states like Ohio, Nevada, Iowa, and Wisconsin.

There does reach a saturation point with ads, I really doubt say Romney doubling his TV ads in Ohio is going to make a difference at this point. But running ads in a place like Pennsylvania where both campaigns have spent almost zero dollars? It really moves the needle, and will make Obama spend money shoring up safe states.

BradTank on October 25, 2012 at 12:12 PM

Yes, this is exactly the sort of thing that get’s lawyers disbarred, so Gloria will not risk it.

SWalker on October 25, 2012 at 12:12 PM

Thanks.
Oh, c’mon, Gloria, you KNOW you want to !
LOL.

pambi on October 25, 2012 at 12:14 PM

I gave Mitt $500 – once he gets the economy going again – I will probably be able to give $1500 in 2016…..

Plus I got a call from the Romney campaign today…..no stopping this train now….

redguy on October 25, 2012 at 12:02 PM

I just got a call at work. Gal was from MN. Pitched in another $50, up to $200 now. Not bad for a Gen Y with college loans (gasp!) and a house savings account to fund. This election is huge to me. I was completely checked out at this point in ’08.

adurb44 on October 25, 2012 at 12:16 PM

..but..but..but..he’s just buying this election!

The War Planner on October 25, 2012 at 12:18 PM

I just got a call from Mrs. Romney. She didn’t ask for money (literally) just my support. I can afford that.

Cindy Munford on October 25, 2012 at 12:19 PM

Imagine how much they could have raked in if they accepted donations from false zip codes.

sammypants on October 25, 2012 at 11:30 AM

..probably not as much as you would imagine.

The War Planner on October 25, 2012 at 12:22 PM

Here comes da pain Bammy!

Wigglesworth on October 25, 2012 at 11:47 AM

Hey Barry, the pain train is comin WHOO WHOO, WHOO WHOO!”

pain train on October 25, 2012 at 12:24 PM

SWalker on October 25, 2012 at 12:08 PM

Liam on October 25, 2012 at 12:12 PM

Indeed, it would be one of those moment where I would be sorely tempted to follow an ancient ancestral Scottish tradition, to break out the finest of single malts and drink a toast to the spectacular fire she set upon her own house. (A tradition from the Highland Clearances, where the Highlanders literally set their own houses on fire so that their Lairds could neither tax them nor throw them out)

SWalker on October 25, 2012 at 12:25 PM

SWalker on October 25, 2012 at 12:08 PM

The countlessly lifted and botoxed face of this phoney shouldn’t be on TV to begin with, if she had any decency…

jimver on October 25, 2012 at 12:25 PM

..but..but..but..he’s just buying this election!

The War Planner on October 25, 2012 at 12:18 PM

A dhere’s another hundred from me…so, ‘buy’ it already and let’s move on :)

jimver on October 25, 2012 at 12:28 PM

HOLY FREAKING CRAP that’s a lot of money.

Go Team R&R.

gophergirl on October 25, 2012 at 12:31 PM

…I’m waiting to see how much JugEars people will rake in from overseas…like the 187 million from last month mostly under $250.00…

KOOLAID2 on October 25, 2012 at 11:45 AM

The democratics’ favorite Nazi stooge George Soros, will give little Bammie a billion dollars if necessary. The campaign will not be short of cash. Those sketchy credit-card contributions from foreign sources are probably all George’s work. It’s a loophole in the system that the democratics drive trucks full of money through.

slickwillie2001 on October 25, 2012 at 12:32 PM

if she had any decency

jimver on October 25, 2012 at 12:25 PM

ROTFLMAO……………………………………. Oh my god… you are soooo killing me…… ;p

SWalker on October 25, 2012 at 12:34 PM

Rasmussen:

Nevada Senate: Heller (R) 50%, Berkley (D) 45%

Resist We Much on October 25, 2012 at 12:37 PM

I’ve never donated to a Presidential campaign before but I kicked in a couple of times this cycle. Trying to do what I can from SoCal. They can up their total by another $75.

Shiloh65 on October 25, 2012 at 12:42 PM

I was glad to have helped the Romney effort out in the beginning of October – I’ll probably help again at the end of the week. Personally, I want to own Ohio.

Obama and the DNC can easily raise as much cash, since they don’t verify credit card CVV data, country of origin, etc….

juanito on October 25, 2012 at 12:46 PM

Plus I got a call from the Romney campaign today…..no stopping this train now….

redguy on October 25, 2012 at 12:02 PM

adurb44 on October 25, 2012 at 12:16 PM

I’ve given 5 times, including last week, and all under $250. Committed to another $100 last night.

I hope they’re using it well!

peski on October 25, 2012 at 12:46 PM

Hey maybe the DNC can take out a loan from them–at 100% interest, of course.

stukinIL4now on October 25, 2012 at 12:47 PM

Shiloh65 on October 25, 2012 at 12:42 PM

I’m with you – my 5 or 6 donations are the first I’ve ever made to any politician, and also from CA, where I won’t see any of it spent.

peski on October 25, 2012 at 12:48 PM

Decency….isn’t that a feminine hygene product?

dirtengineer on October 25, 2012 at 12:54 PM

I’m proud to say I’m a small part of that. I donated for the first time ever to anybody (and I’m no spring chicken) after the second debate. I gave $50. Someone had given a link to do so on here, and I jumped on it.

Alana on October 25, 2012 at 12:59 PM

GALLUP HOLDS STEADY AT 50/47 ROMNEY!

Obama approval (amongst adults) drops 2 points. Mini-Obama debate bounce is done.

By election day, Gallup will be Romney 53/47, mark my words.

mitchellvii on October 25, 2012 at 1:05 PM

I wish I could donate this election cycle. Unfortunately, being a Canadian citizen, Obama is the only one who would accept my money. :(

Alberta_Patriot on October 25, 2012 at 1:06 PM

Rasmussen:

Nevada Senate: Heller (R) 50%, Berkley (D) 45%

Resist We Much on October 25, 2012 at 12:37 PM

I think, I am SURE, it is wider than that. Double digits last week. All 3 Congress candidates for GOP are doing well here, maion reason I seriously doubt that Romney is shown as :losing” to Hussein. I simply can’t imagine people voting GOP for 1 Senate and 2 House seats while supporting Hussein. Numbers simply don’t make sense.

Press here actually stopped reporting the numbers for the past week or so, I am sure it is in hopes to disorientate the public and not show that GOP is clearly doing well.

riddick on October 25, 2012 at 1:10 PM

Gallup Today:

Romney: 50%

Obama: 47%

Obama approval -2

Obama disapproval +2

Actually, the news on Gallup is worse than just the outlier sample falling off. That would have caused an immediate bump for Obama. But this has been a point or two each day, Romney just bleeding support and Obama consistently gaining.

Went from 52-45 to 50-47.

Tomorrow will be fun since Obama will be gaining on Rasmussen, according to Ras himself!

gumbyandpokey on October 24, 2012 at 5:31 PM

Resist We Much on October 25, 2012 at 1:12 PM

I’m not going to disagree with you entirely, but depending upon what information these “unnamed sources” disclosed, Allred or her client might still be on the hook. If it is information that only the ex-wife and Allred (thru her client) would know, then the ex-husband could sue both and depose the Globe. During discovery, the Globe would be forced to disclose their sources…unless the reporters wanted to sit in jail for 6 months like Judith Miller did in the Valerie Plame case. For some reason (**eyeroll**), I don’t see any reporter willing to do jail time to protect Gloria Allred or a wealthy, but vengeful ex-wife. The woman lives in a $6,000 a month apartment in Back Bay with a concierge. She’s not exactly one of the 99%. Besides, after the election, she becomes the new Cindy Sheehan.

Resist We Much on October 25, 2012 at 12:00 PM

As much as I want to agree with what you and others said, something tells me we have not seen the end of it. Globe would not file the motion for release unless they already had a plan. We keep forgetting that court filings have been “lost”, what happens when they just show up on Globe reporter’s desk tonight? Via UPS, sent from, well, Cayman Islands.

Let’s not be totally gullible here. Where there is a will, there is a way. Unfortunately. I would not discount any of this until Nov 7th.

riddick on October 25, 2012 at 1:18 PM

riddick on October 25, 2012 at 1:10 PM

This is what I don’t get either, in such important elections like these ones, in an important swing state, why on earth would you vote R in the Senate and or House and D for president….what part of gridlock in Washington these people don’t understand??

jimver on October 25, 2012 at 1:18 PM

Huh??. How many Trillions is that?

Al Hall on October 25, 2012 at 1:21 PM

Rasmussen:

Nevada Senate: Heller (R) 50%, Berkley (D) 45%

Resist We Much on October 25, 2012 at 12:37 PM

I’m in Nevada and I voted Heller. Of course, I also voted for Sharron Angle. Hopefully, I will be 1-1 and not 0-2.

desertliving on October 25, 2012 at 1:24 PM

riddick on October 25, 2012 at 1:18 PM

What’s in writing has been available to the litigants for decades.

If something was in there, it could have been leaked any time.

Its the gag order Allred wanted lifted.

Not every allegation was part of a deposition or said in court.

cozmo on October 25, 2012 at 1:26 PM

The polls published since the 3rd and final debate:

Associated Press/GfK (D+4): Romney +2
Rasmussen Reports (D+3): Romney +3
Gallup (I’m told that it is D+4, but we’ll see): Romney +3
ABC News/Wash Post (D+4): Romney +1
IBD/TIPP (D+7): Obama +3

Resist We Much on October 25, 2012 at 1:27 PM

riddick on October 25, 2012 at 1:18 PM

The Globe was not denied. It has been given access to the transcripts.

Resist We Much on October 25, 2012 at 1:29 PM

Transcripts and the court record, which includes the filings.

Resist We Much on October 25, 2012 at 1:30 PM

The Globe was not denied. It has been given access to the transcripts.

Resist We Much on October 25, 2012 at 1:29 PM

PARTIAL set. Very key to the discussion.

And I am sure Allred will file a motion to lift the gag order, AND it will be lifted next week.

Like I said, I don’t think there is not much there there, in transcripts themselves, but having both of these 2 idiots on TV all next week with Chrissie Mathews leading is not a good thing no matter how you cut it.

riddick on October 25, 2012 at 1:35 PM

Oh yeah….Obama made that much in just 3 days in kickbacks from bankrupt solar energy companies. So take that!

Fazman on October 25, 2012 at 1:35 PM

I said it before and I’ll say it again, surely that is enough to do some hard hitting in Pennsylvania, Michigan, Wisconsin, New Hampshire, Virginia (if that state is still in play) and Iowa.

Yes, you can call me greedy.

parke on October 25, 2012 at 11:27 AM

Yep. But I have a feeling that Iowa and Virginia are already a done deal… But.., just in case..
And won’t be surprised if the others aren’t already.. We shall see..

Al Hall on October 25, 2012 at 1:37 PM

Sadly, I haven’t seen any Romney commercials either, as I live in the People’s Republic of Chicago.

Such a great city. Too bad I’m surrounded by Urban Liberals.

Go Team Romney!

FlatlanderByTheLake on October 25, 2012 at 1:37 PM

desertliving on October 25, 2012 at 1:24 PM

Big problem is we have another “Arnold and I am Republican” liberal hiding out as (Republican) governor. The idiot just endorsed Hussein a couple of days ago.

When will republicans and conservatives learn that only because someone says they are “republican” does not really mean they actually are. Arnold killed republican brand in CA for decades to come, Sandoval is doing same here now.

riddick on October 25, 2012 at 1:39 PM

Money bomb! BOOOM!

Battlecruiser-operational on October 25, 2012 at 11:25 AM

And yet, I see no commercials.

Its like he thinks my state ain’t even competitive.

cozmo on October 25, 2012 at 11:26 AM

Where are they spending it and and what’s the message that’s being pushed?

Bruno Strozek on October 25, 2012 at 11:25 AM

Nice $$$ figure for RNC and Romney!!

Swing states, here we come!!

Khun Joe on October 25, 2012 at 11:43 AM

I hope they’re using it well!

peski on October 25, 2012 at 12:46 PM

Uhhhgggg…

Reporting live from Ohio, where its all election all the time…

Yes, the money spigot has been dialed up and the handle broken off. I heard reports that they’re trying to saw off the spigot just to open up a few more drops, but heard Scotty report that “he’s giv’n all he’s got and it just can’t handle the flow cap’n”. Regardless the money flow has hit warp 9.6 and my tv has started to break up on impact with the deluge of ads…

Seriously. All ads, all the time, both radio and tv. Romney is hitting well and definitely has the edge on Obama… although I have to laugh because I sometimes see their commercials back to back against each other. But the Romney ones come off much more positive than Obama’s… which has a strong effect.

Trust me… I now wish I wasn’t in a swing state, and you should be glad if you’re not! :)

dominigan on October 25, 2012 at 1:41 PM

$50 of that was my money.
I’m hating bad on Bammy.
I’ll give Romney what I can.

Badger40 on October 25, 2012 at 1:43 PM

dominigan on October 25, 2012 at 1:41 PM

Oh, I am.

cozmo on October 25, 2012 at 1:43 PM

Cindy Munford on October 25, 2012 at 12:19 PM

I got an email from her today. And Jan Brewer.. And some Liberal judge from Broward county (FL)-my current home of record-.. Ann and Jan have me but that judge guy, not so much..

Al Hall on October 25, 2012 at 1:45 PM

riddick on October 25, 2012 at 1:35 PM

First, the gag order has to be lifted and there is no guarantee that will happen. Second, people will have to believe that the client is credible…she isn’t and the evidence is easily available to show that. Third, people will have to believe that this is not politically motivated – an no one will buy that either. Mitt will not lose one vote to these two vipers.

Mitsouko on October 25, 2012 at 1:46 PM

Mitsouko on October 25, 2012 at 1:46 PM

Care to tell me if Cain agrees with your assessment above?

You’re speaking about those of us who know what Allred is all about. And yet you conveniently forgot how it all played out for Whitman and Cain, an illegal with fake driver license in one case and a money hungry tramp without a shred of proof in another.

Unfortunately, way too many idiots out there. Still have no idea how anyone could be “undecided” at this point in time, but it is obvious there are many.

riddick on October 25, 2012 at 1:50 PM

WTH, why was entire pasted text stricken out?

riddick on October 25, 2012 at 1:51 PM

riddick on October 25, 2012 at 1:35 PM

Mitsouko on October 25, 2012 at 1:46 PM

Exactly right, I wasted 20 miutes of my life yesterday eading that long piece about this in Daily Mirror I think…the woman is a fraud and their bitter divorce is a known case in the ‘rich’ circles, she went back to court many times over that idiot allegation (that she based her decision of selling ner stoks based in Romney’s testimony at the time) and her case was dismissed every time. She got her stocks in Staples and she sold them period, then they went up, tough luck. That’s the market for you. Nothing to see here really, other han that old witch has to get her botoxed and heabily lifted face on TV one more time before her boy goes down…

jimver on October 25, 2012 at 1:56 PM

WTH, why was entire pasted text stricken out?

riddick on October 25, 2012 at 1:51 PM

Because you pushed the wrong button.

And Allred would have to get the gag order lifted to spew crap.

Even a hard left judge would realize what a Pandora’s box they were opening in the miniscule hopes of reversing an 0bama loss. It would open up many more dem records than repubs.

cozmo on October 25, 2012 at 1:57 PM

cozmo on October 25, 2012 at 1:57 PM

We’re talking MA here. Hello? You know, state that still supports princess Shitting Bull with good numbers. You really think some liberal judge will even think twice about this?

I am in no way saying that any of this will affect the outcome come Nov 6th. But it MAY. And neither you nor I know for sure. So, let’s not be gullible. As is, I have no idea why Stemberg’s attorney agreed to any of this in the first place. They asked to review the binders Allred brought? Great. Takes what, anywhere from 3 months to a 18 months by current DoJ and WH standards with any of their investigations. Let’s use same timetables on our side. “We’ll get back to you on Jan 1st, Judge, after we review what’s in those binders”.

On the “strike” button. I am a long time IT, in order to strike an ENTIRE paragraph one needs to hilite (select) it first. I know I didn’t, I can still tell selected text from one that is not, do it daily while coding.

Anyway…

riddick on October 25, 2012 at 2:09 PM

Bring on election night! The Flying Saucer in downtown has got me ready to go!

They are having a beer glass poll, Romney is ahead.

[IMG]http://i48.tinypic.com/k15qpj.jpg[/IMG]

ellesar04 on October 25, 2012 at 2:12 PM

riddick on October 25, 2012 at 2:09 PM

Then why worry so much?

The tags here self close when submitting. You opened it, it closed itself.

cozmo on October 25, 2012 at 2:12 PM

Listening to Rush right now, Gina from Colorado.

If you want to see the CSPAN video, you can find it in the blog post for that day

Scroll down to the CSPAN item, Kid Rock singing it’s about an hour long.

Fleuries on October 25, 2012 at 2:15 PM

Care to tell me if Cain agrees with your assessment above?

riddick on October 25, 2012 at 1:50 PM

Are you serious??? She went back to court numerous times over this and her case vas dismissed every time, they have nothing…Romney testified about the value of the company/stocks, which at the time didn’t look that great. then the idiot sold her 500,,000 USD stocks and after a while the stocks went up…wow, shocka, the market fluctuates…It has absolutely nada to do with Romney, he testified in court as an expert…besides she went back to court numerous times over this, trying to allege that Romney somehow undervalued the company stocks in his testimony or something, but that was ridiculous and they disimissed her case…what do you expect that it is so shocking in here, a 20 year old bitter divorce and a bitter rich ex that would shock people or anything?? It’s ridiculous,…besides, do you really expect that a bitter rich ex who tried to extort more from her ex would garner so much sympathy from the 99% :)…heh, the class warfare comes back to haunt Bama on this one :)…and then hey, she can always get a job, living off her ex after all these years, not really cool….As long as Ivanka Trump doesn’t come out to show sympathy to this stupid woman, we arefood :) (coz then the Donald would come out and it would be quite the circus :)….there’s no scandal and nothing to see here really….

jimver on October 25, 2012 at 2:15 PM

‘We are good’ that is (not food :).

jimver on October 25, 2012 at 2:19 PM

….there’s no scandal and nothing to see here really….

jimver on October 25, 2012 at 2:15 PM

Dangit now, some people are scandal hungry. Hence the hand wringing and sale figures for the Enquirer.

Of course I’m Scandal hungry too, have been since the eighties.

Scandal

If I’m up for QOTD, I know what direction I’m headin’ in.
Patty Smyth, yummy.

cozmo on October 25, 2012 at 2:24 PM

Don’t want anyone to miss this .. backstage @ CO rally.

pambi on October 25, 2012 at 3:02 PM

The tags here self close when submitting. You opened it, it closed itself.

cozmo on October 25, 2012 at 2:12 PM

Right. Would have stricken out entire post, not just the top part.

.there’s no scandal and nothing to see here really….

jimver on October 25, 2012 at 2:15 PM

When did I say there is a scandal? Simply pointed out that Cain will not agree with a number of posts here, for obvious reasons.

I am more surprised at Stembergs’s attorneys not going after OldDred actively. Stemberg has NOTHING to do with the election, why is he now forced to spend money on this crap is more than questionable and he should send OldDred a nice invoice for his attorneys’ services to go to court and review the papers.

riddick on October 25, 2012 at 3:03 PM

Rasmussen Today:

Romney: 50

Obama: 47

No change

gumbyandpokey on October 24, 2012 at 5:31 PM

RuPoll, The Anti-Nostradamus.

Resist We Much on October 25, 2012 at 3:04 PM

jimver on October 25, 2012 at 2:15 PM

Of course I’m Scandal hungry too, have been since the eighties.

Scandal

If I’m up for QOTD, I know what direction I’m headin’ in.
Patty Smyth, yummy.

cozmo on October 25, 2012 at 2:24 PM

If the Donald and Ivanka are not involved, it’s not a worthy scandal :)…

cool video, looks from the 80s,I simply loove the eighties, been seriously indoctrinated by my parents :)…my mom ‘s got this funny way of expressing certain ideas…she always says that two important things happen around the time I was born, one good and one bad, the good one: the 80s music/pop culture arrived :) and the bad: Mitterand was elected president of France :) ..Strangely enough this is how my coming into this world is remembered by my family :)..I guess this is why I’m such an 80s fan and a Mitterand detractor :)…

PS might be wrong on this one and can’t go on you tube to check right now, didn’t she have a later hit, ‘love just ain’t enough’ or something, she must be the one… I can almost swear it’s her…

jimver on October 25, 2012 at 3:08 PM

riddick on October 25, 2012 at 3:03 PM

Oh, make no mistake, he will…pretty sure I read in one of those stupid tabloids (daily mirror, enquierer whatev) that this is his intention..I really don’t understand the old witch at all, she knows he can sue the bejezuz out of her…as for the stupid woman she represents, well, ‘tel maître, tel valet’, pun intended (in Fremch you address a lawyer with ‘maitre’ :)…

jimver on October 25, 2012 at 3:17 PM

When you have to go against OBOZO’s massive ILLEGAL foreign contributions, his half-a-BILLION dollars in UNION money PLUS the biased, corrupt in-the-OBOZO-bag MSM, one does have to spend a lot to get out THE TRUTH. As a proud member of CLUB MITT, I can sleep well at night knowing that I’ve helped us TAKE BACK AMERICA from the leftist extremists who are destroying it. I’m looking forward to attending President Romney’s FIRST inaugural (and I’ll be at second one, too.).

TeaPartyNation on October 25, 2012 at 3:40 PM

Romney got some of my hard earned money during that time frame. As the Dems would say, money invested, not spent!

I live on the Missouri/Kansas line and both are solid for R/R, so no commercials for me. No problem. Use the dough in Wisconsin and PA for victory.

KCsecurity1976 on October 25, 2012 at 3:44 PM

Colorado is in China.

Schadenfreude on October 25, 2012 at 3:45 PM

My husband and I have given more to Romney than we have any other presidential campaign. I wish I could give him lots more, but times are tough (thanks to the Big Zero). I view this as an investment. I’d hate to think that Romney would lose when I could have done a little more.

COgirl on October 25, 2012 at 4:05 PM

OT
Don’t mess with Texas !!

hehehehe

pambi on October 25, 2012 at 4:17 PM

pambi on October 25, 2012 at 4:17 PM

Same idiots “monitored” this year’s elections in Russia and found no issues there. Never mind that Putin got 130% of the vote, and this is actually 30% more than actual POPULATION living there (including those underage who cannot vote), never mind other candidates’ numbers on top of that. Putin’s cadre learned quickly from USA and were “finding” cars full of ballots left and right. Some were caught with simply throwing out other candidates’ ballots, in front of observers, and nothing was done about it. They were also caught with inserting BOXES of ballots, in front of observers, and yet again nothing was done about it.

By local estimates, Putin got roughly 28-29% of the vote, in reality. No more than that.

As Stalin said once, Its not who votes, but who counts the ballots that counts.

And now these idiots are here to monitor conservative areas’ voting. Not liberal ones such as in Phillie, I guess they will leave that to New Black Kittens as was done in 2008 and 2010. And to top even this, we are actually paying for their salaries and expenses, I am sure they do not stay at Motel 6 and do not eat at Golden Arches.

riddick on October 25, 2012 at 4:57 PM

The plane, the plane

Schadenfreude on October 25, 2012 at 5:01 PM

Obama has unlimited funds. B of A gave him $15mil. Countless communities are footing the bill for his rallies. Everyone knows he will never repay the debts.

When will staffers start getting short paychecks?

How much does he owe all of us for use of AF 1 on campaign trips?

tdarrington on October 25, 2012 at 5:46 PM

jimver on October 25, 2012 at 1:56 PM

If I were with the Romney campaign or RNC, I would start an attack about Obama being so incompetent and unable to run on his record that in almost every campaign he has resorted to opening sealed court divorce records about his opponent. He’s done this twice before, but at least they were the records of the person he was running against.

I would just mock Obama relentlessly for his pathetic record and comment about him scraping the bottom of the barrel of campaign tactics if he has to stoop to using the sealed divorce records of a whiny, bitter 1%er. Think she’s worked outside the home? Think she’ll sway independents?

Ann Coulter has done columns on Obama using sealed court records before, I’m sure she could anihilate him on this topic.

talkingpoints on October 25, 2012 at 6:44 PM