Team Obama raises $90 million in the first half of October

posted at 7:21 pm on October 25, 2012 by Erika Johnsen

Earlier today, Team Romney (including Romney for President, Romney Victory, and the Republican National Committee) announced that, between October 1st and 17th, they raised a combined total of over $111 million, and still have about $169 million cash on hand — a pretty impressive haul no doubt aided by the general debate-watching public finally getting to meet Mitt Romney without all of the added negative noise from the Obama campaign.

This evening, Team Obama revealed via Twitter their own combined-total fundraising numbers for the first seventeen days of the month:

In the entire month of September, Team Obama outraised Team Romney with $181 million to their $170 million, but it looks like the debate season may’ve helped fuel a role-reversal from that trend. Either way, both campaign’s days of chic fundraisers are over and the donations are going to start petering out, and both sides will be looking to spend most of the money in their war chests in the next eleven-ish days. Ohioans — I do not envy you.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

He should be concerned.

Bmore on October 25, 2012 at 7:23 PM

I can see the headlines already: Romney plans to buy the election!

Longing4Lincoln on October 25, 2012 at 7:23 PM

Here come the “money is evil in politics” cries again.

gophergirl on October 25, 2012 at 7:24 PM

I don’t believe 0′s numbers, heII I don’t believe 0 on anything for that matter.

Bmore on October 25, 2012 at 7:24 PM

It’s lights out for Obama. Obama is going to lose.

bluegill on October 25, 2012 at 7:24 PM

How much of that is going to go for weed?

txmomof6 on October 25, 2012 at 7:25 PM

With that kind of money he could almost bankrupt a green energy company.

Flange on October 25, 2012 at 7:25 PM

How the Obama Campaign Is Illegally Accepting Donations from Foreign Citizens

It’s been reported that Barack Obama’s re-election campaign is knowingly accepting donations from non-U.S. citizens, and PJ Media can confirm that it’s not only possible, but very easy, for foreign citizens to make contributions. I’ve been able to donate $25 to the Obama campaign in three separate transactions, despite being a lifelong British citizen resident in the UK. What’s more, two of my donations were processed despite the Obama campaign noting that I had provided a non-U.S. address, and despite my failure to provide proof of American citizenship when asked to do so.

INC on October 25, 2012 at 7:25 PM

Team Obama raises $90 million in the first half of October

Some of it even came from U.S. citizens.

M240H on October 25, 2012 at 7:25 PM

tjexcite on October 25, 2012 at 7:26 PM

Why are the campaigns releasing this mid-month? Was it “psychological warfare” for Team Romney and “me-too-ism” for Team Obama, or do they have to report it now? If they don’t have to report, I would question the Obama stats as trying to lull the Romney camp into thinking they got it made.

Glenn Jericho on October 25, 2012 at 7:27 PM

He should be concerned.

Bmore on October 25, 2012 at 7:23 PM

Damn straight. I’ve been watching Twitter, that disgusting new ad is going to blow up in their faces.

btw, Jazz just tweeted that Ed Morrissey is going to be on Morning Joe tomorrow.

Flora Duh on October 25, 2012 at 7:27 PM

$90 Million,now Team BullSh*tter Blue,er Donkey Poo,

can pay off their debts,haha!
(sarc)

canopfor on October 25, 2012 at 7:27 PM

Excuse me, but didn’t I very recently read that the Obama campaign had just borrowed some $15 million from Bank of America?

thatsafactjack on October 25, 2012 at 7:27 PM

Yeah, right, Bammie, people came together, eh? Need a campaign loan?

stukinIL4now on October 25, 2012 at 7:28 PM

Flora Duh on October 25, 2012 at 7:27 PM

It should – it made my skin crawl

gophergirl on October 25, 2012 at 7:29 PM

Flora Duh on October 25, 2012 at 7:27 PM

Dang it! I guess I will have to watch that morning coffee guy again. I don’t like doing that. But for Ed, I’ll endure the pain. Hear that Ed?

Bmore on October 25, 2012 at 7:29 PM

…90 million dollars in 17 days…Donald, Mickey, Goofy, Piggy, Big Bird, Barney, Popyee, etc. are still busy then?
Quick!…There has to be more ‘green energy’ loans Mr. Chew Choo!

KOOLAID2 on October 25, 2012 at 7:30 PM

No word on Obama’s cash on hand?

El_Terrible on October 25, 2012 at 7:30 PM

“Once is an accident. Twice is coincidence. Three times is an enemy action.”

More voting problems reported in Jamestown, Pleasant Garden

GREENSBORO, N.C. — Once again, several voters in Guilford County are claiming the electronic voting machines are getting their votes wrong.

Now, some voters are concerned about polling locations in Jamestown and Pleasant Garden.

On Tuesday, voters who cast their ballots at the Bur-Mil Park polling location said when they attempted to vote for Mitt Romney the machine chose Barack Obama.

“I thought this might be a one-time glitch in the machine. I had no idea this might be happening somewhere else. This is when I called (FOX8) and said this needs to stop,” said Stum.

Guilford County Board of Elections Director George Gilbert says the problem is the machines needed to be re-calibrated.

Galt2009 on October 25, 2012 at 7:31 PM

They are so far in debt they will be paying well into 2014 or not at all.

tjexcite on October 25, 2012 at 7:26 PM

I’d bet on “not at all.”

And my favorite Twitter line on TFG’s new ad is from Ben Domenech ‏@bdomenech- “If voting is like sex, you’re doing one of them wrong.”

Betenoire on October 25, 2012 at 7:32 PM

OT but has to be known. The is a quote from the Ulsterman Report by the informant White House Insider.

“The governor returns backstage and he is smiling and shaking hands, taking congratulations from everybody around him. He’s saying how great it was. Somebody yells out he’s going to win Colorado and the governor laughs and says he thinks so too. And then something very interesting happens. He moves away from the group of people just a bit. Maybe ten or fifteen feet or so. Just enough to have a little space to himself. And enough people notice that the area gets a lot more quiet, and they are trying to watch the governor without looking like they are watching the governor. They can all kind of tell something is happening right then. It was described as something very peaceful and powerful that came over that backstage area for a moment. And the governor, he lowers his head and his eyes shut tight and you could see him take a slow deep breath and then he lets it out and says quietly, but just loud enough for some to hear, “Lord, if this is your will, please help to make me worthy. Please give me the strength Lord.” And then his eyes open up, and he’s back to smiling and laughing and shaking hands and being the candidate once again.

I’m 100% convinced Mitt Romney was shaken to his soul right then and there. I think at that moment it was sinking in he might really be the next American president, and it humbled him right to his core, in every nerve of his body. And as he was saying that little prayer, you could hear the sound of thunder from all those thundersticks outside. Like this huge low rumble that just surrounded all of them at once. A quiet little prayer, and the sound of thunder.

The sound of God.- Insider ”

Now I am a crusty old guy who was not a big Mitt fan. However, I have learned about the man and reading this actually made my eyes well up in pride.

Or could have been the ragweed. /s

HoustonRight on October 25, 2012 at 7:34 PM

Flora Duh on October 25, 2012 at 7:27 PM

This one? OMG:

Her parents must be so proud.//

Cody1991 on October 25, 2012 at 7:34 PM

From where? Why the need to borrow then? These jerks are such frauds.

rjoco1 on October 25, 2012 at 7:34 PM

nevermind

jaime on October 25, 2012 at 7:36 PM

Time for the RACE card!

rjoco1 on October 25, 2012 at 7:38 PM

The real question is, how many more illegal overseas contributions did the Obama campaign pull in?It’s already been shown his total lack of respect for the rule of law and that will never change, until people are prosecuted to the full extent of the law!
Update on how to take on the Obama Jihadi media & Win: http://paratisiusa.blogspot.com/2012/09/an-open-letter-to-those-who-should-know.html?spref=tw

God Bless America!

paratisi on October 25, 2012 at 7:38 PM

The unions will spend (in cash and in-kind) about $500 MILLION this year to re-elect their subservient puppet – so OBOZO’s $90 million (which probably includes a lot of ILLEGAL foreign contributions) is just chump change in comparison.

TeaPartyNation on October 25, 2012 at 7:38 PM

jaime on October 25, 2012 at 7:31 PM

He moved it to the left in the Top Picks column. Those posts are usually the ones getting the most comments, and they are visible longer in that column.

INC on October 25, 2012 at 7:38 PM

Le Oops!

@nbcchicago tweeted:
nbcchicago

#BreakingNews: @BarackObama asked for ID to get his ballot. He has his Illinois driver’s license. #Watch #Live: http://t.co/KRxWBsLh

canopfor on October 25, 2012 at 7:38 PM

HoustonRight on October 25, 2012 at 7:34 PM

I’m not ashamed to admit I cried reading that. It touched me.

gophergirl on October 25, 2012 at 7:39 PM

Impeachable Offences: “We’re Going To Have That Person Arrested And Prosecuted That Did The Video.”

Resist We Much on October 25, 2012 at 7:34 PM

I’m glad you brought this up.

There’s something I don’t understand about targeting this man and his video. Why him? There must be thousands of vids on YouTube that could be deemed offensive, yet out of all of the choices this particular man became the official excuse for the uproar in the ME?

We know this was fabricated to cover for the administration, but I can’t figure out how they singled out this man and his silly video?

How did that come about?

It’s so odd.

Cody1991 on October 25, 2012 at 7:40 PM

LOLOLOLOL

45m Robert A George ‏@RobGeorge
At 4:10PM, Barack Obama became 1st sitting president to vote early. Being Chicago, at 6:10PM, Obama became 2nd president to vote early.

Gingotts on October 25, 2012 at 7:40 PM

I am so chuckling. Romney is holding an event in Defiance, OH and the special guest is MEATLOAF. He just endorsed Romney. I had no idea he was a conservative.

CoffeeLover on October 25, 2012 at 7:40 PM

gophergirl on October 25, 2012 at 7:39 PM

Sorry to go OT but felt strong about it! It was a nice article.

HoustonRight on October 25, 2012 at 7:41 PM

Obama’s cash on hand is?

txhsmom on October 25, 2012 at 7:42 PM

It should – it made my skin crawl

gophergirl on October 25, 2012 at 7:29 PM

More creepy crawly. The girl in the ad is named Dunham. The boy king’s mother’s name was Dunham.

Flora Duh on October 25, 2012 at 7:42 PM

1. Mopey new e-mail begging for money. “I don’t want to lose”
2. Romney a bullsh—er, to Rolling Stone.
3. Filthy Voting = SEX ad featuring off-putting tattoo-armed feminist.

This is a campaign that is cracking and hard. Winning campaigns don’t pull any of this crap. Period. What will the next flop be?

Gingotts on October 25, 2012 at 7:44 PM

We need to know where the money comes from! (so we can threaten and shut down republican donors)
We need to make sure that everyone is allowed to participate in their government! (Turn off the credit card verification process so everyone, even foreigners who are not allowed to participate in our elections can donate!)

astonerii on October 25, 2012 at 7:44 PM

I think Obama’s last ditch effort will involving hiring monkeys to fling poo
at voters in the swing states sporting Romney/Ryan bumper stickers.

redguy on October 25, 2012 at 7:45 PM

How much of that was a loan from Bank of America? If I was a BoA customer, I would be VERY concerned about the people BoA considers “good debt.”

UnderstandingisPower on October 25, 2012 at 7:46 PM

Flora Duh on October 25, 2012 at 7:27 PM

This one? OMG:

Her parents must be so proud.//

Cody1991 on October 25, 2012 at 7:34 PM

Cody1991:)
============

The Video is a rip-off from the USSR,already fired it off to AP!!
===================================================================

Is the Obama campaign taking commercial ideas from Vladimir Putin?
Posted By Joshua Keating Thursday, October 25, 2012 – 4:14 PM
*************************************************************

I see the Obama campaign has a new YouTube ad featuring Girls star (and fellow Oberlin alum!) Lena Dunham:

(VIDEO)

BURMA

Remembering a Burmese hero

VENEZUELA

Has Chavez improved the life of the poor?

EGYPT

Requiem for a revolution

Is the Obama campaign taking commercial ideas from Vladimir Putin?
Posted By Joshua Keating Thursday, October 25, 2012 – 4:14 PM Share

“Your first time shouldn’t be with just anybody. You want to do it with a great guy,” she says, referring to casting your first ballot for Obama. (What were you thinking?)

It’s a clever conceit, but feels a bit familiar. Perhaps because the same joke was used in an ad for Vladimir Putin’s presidential campaign earlier this year:

A suggestive ad rallying support for Putin’s presidential campaign shows a young woman seeking a fortune-teller’s advice. “Let’s find out, cutie, who is intended to you by destiny,” the mystic says. The girl replies, “You know. I wish it to be for love — It is my first time.”

Here’s that one:

(RUSSIAN VIDEO)

BURMA

Remembering a Burmese hero

VENEZUELA

Has Chavez improved the life of the poor?

EGYPT

Requiem for a revolution

Is the Obama campaign taking commercial ideas from Vladimir Putin?
Posted By Joshua Keating Thursday, October 25, 2012 – 4:14 PM Share

Here’s that one:

Another ad from the same campaign featured a doctor telling a young woman, “The main thing is to be sure it’s safe. Especially the first time.”

Let’s just hope the campaign doesn’t delve further into the Putin catalog.
———-

canopfor on October 25, 2012 at 7:46 PM

Say, something just occurred to me. I have no tv. Do they run the morning coffee guy on line?

Bmore on October 25, 2012 at 7:46 PM

This one? OMG:

Her parents must be so proud.//

Cody1991 on October 25, 2012 at 7:34 PM

WTF???

She will never be free..
A Material Girl.

Electrongod on October 25, 2012 at 7:47 PM

Flora Duh on October 25, 2012 at 7:42 PM

EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

gophergirl on October 25, 2012 at 7:48 PM

Well,thats my second posty screw-up,in blogging,sorry,double pasted/copy,crap!

canopfor on October 25, 2012 at 7:48 PM

I think Obama’s last ditch effort will involving hiring monkeys to fling poo
at voters in the swing states sporting Romney/Ryan bumper stickers.

redguy on October 25, 2012 at 7:45 PM

Ha!!! That would be the biggest thing 0 had ever done to create jobs. Car wash jobs. Jobs all the same. ; )

Bmore on October 25, 2012 at 7:48 PM

I’ll take y’alls word for it. I’m not watching that new ad.

txhsmom on October 25, 2012 at 7:49 PM

INC on October 25, 2012 at 7:25 PM

Was that also not the case in 08?
Illegal donations..
of course..it isnt a problem for some odd reason…

bazil9 on October 25, 2012 at 7:49 PM

Just voted for Mitt Romney, Mike Pence and Richard Mourdock today.

Let’s get this done

dforston on October 25, 2012 at 7:50 PM

Campaign finance disclosures show the Romney campaign, the Republican National Committee and the fund they use jointly had $183.1 million in cash on hand at the end of September, more than Obama and the Democratic Party, who had $149.1 million.

That was for September though.

So Romney had over $30 million more cash on hand going into this month and raised another $20 million more this month so far.

El_Terrible on October 25, 2012 at 7:50 PM

Flora Duh on October 25, 2012 at 7:42 PM

EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

gophergirl on October 25, 2012 at 7:48 PM

gophergirl:Tru dat,and is the name,just so happens to be,

************* SERENDIPITY**************************!:)

canopfor on October 25, 2012 at 7:51 PM

I mean, beat out Obama by $20 million this month so far…

El_Terrible on October 25, 2012 at 7:51 PM

Are they going to spend their money on ads like this…

Wow. Desperate much!

UnderstandingisPower on October 25, 2012 at 7:51 PM

… and then I have no idea how much Super Pacs have and whether they’re making an impact.

El_Terrible on October 25, 2012 at 7:52 PM

She will never be free..
A Material Girl.

Electrongod on October 25, 2012 at 7:47 PM

Julia now has a face.

Flora Duh on October 25, 2012 at 7:52 PM

Yeah, but after you factor in the foreign exchange rates. . .

RedNewEnglander on October 25, 2012 at 7:53 PM

blockquote>Her parents must be so proud.//

Cody1991 on October 25, 2012 at 7:34 PM

I think you can remove the sarc marks. They probably are. This is from her Wiki.

Dunham was born in New York City in 1986, to Laurie, a Jewish photographer who arranges dolls and dolls’-house furniture to create disquieting domestic tableaux; and her husband, Carroll, a Wasp painter of overtly sexualised pop art.

Lena Dunham is one sick girl.

INC on October 25, 2012 at 7:53 PM

Hmmm. I have a hunch the $90M was spent in September…

22044 on October 25, 2012 at 7:53 PM

Her parents must be so proud.//

Cody1991 on October 25, 2012 at 7:34 PM

Exhibit A..
These are the people who
elect the Govt we have.
No wonder
its a freak fest.

bazil9 on October 25, 2012 at 7:54 PM

@benshapiro

If this ad were any more demeaning to women, it would be produced by Bill Maher and star Clinton. Oh, wait. That’s Obama’s actual campaign.

Flora Duh on October 25, 2012 at 7:54 PM

Flora Duh on October 25, 2012 at 7:42 PM

“Obama 2012: Where boners go to die”

Chuck Schick on October 25, 2012 at 7:56 PM

Julia now has a face.

Flora Duh on October 25, 2012 at 7:52 PM

Flora Duh:

I stumbled on that video,by taking a peek at FP Twitter,
and my jaw drooped.

That video is disgusting,period!

Btw,heres a one-stop Twitter Linky,that has Polling Twitter,and all the major news and Political pundits————:)

canopfor on October 25, 2012 at 7:57 PM

Flora Duh on October 25, 2012 at 7:27 PM

This one? OMG:

Her parents must be so proud.//

Cody1991 on October 25, 2012 at 7:34 PM

Childish but fitting given their target audience.

Libs are the world’s children.

RedNewEnglander on October 25, 2012 at 7:59 PM

And he still had to borrow $15 million from the Bank of America. Sounds just like the debt he runs up on our tab.

Philly on October 25, 2012 at 8:00 PM

canopfor on October 25, 2012 at 7:57 PM

Thanks!

Flora Duh on October 25, 2012 at 8:00 PM

Let’s see…

Obama 90 mil
Romney 111.8 mil

If math is correct that is:

Romney 57%
Obama 43%

I like it. Let’s call that HR’s poll. No internals available.

HoustonRight on October 25, 2012 at 8:01 PM

Bmore on October 25, 2012 at 7:46 PM

Ask CMS..
She keeps her eye on morning coffee guy
for us.

bazil9 on October 25, 2012 at 8:01 PM

Philly on October 25, 2012 at 8:00 PM

As the
Feds Sue Bank of America for Mortgage Fraud Against Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac..
lol..

bazil9 on October 25, 2012 at 8:03 PM

So why did they have to borrow 15 million from B of A?

disa on October 25, 2012 at 8:04 PM

Just voted for Mitt Romney, Mike Pence and Richard Mourdock today.

Let’s get this done

dforston on October 25, 2012 at 7:50 PM

Your ballot looks just like my ballot! Woot!

tdarrington on October 25, 2012 at 8:04 PM

I think I just saw a video of Gumby’s girlfriend.

Electrongod on October 25, 2012 at 8:05 PM

Ohioans — I do not envy you.

Yeah, you really shouldn’t LOL. And we’ll have maybe an hour long break after the inauguration before the campaigning starts for the 2014 mid-terms.

tdpwells on October 25, 2012 at 8:06 PM

canopfor on October 25, 2012 at 7:57 PM

Thanks!

Flora Duh on October 25, 2012 at 8:00 PM

Flora Duh:

Anytime FD,have a great evening,I’ve got bath detail,
with my two grandsons,catch y’all later!:)

canopfor on October 25, 2012 at 8:06 PM

canopfor on October 25, 2012 at 7:46 PM

That ad is not the only thing Barry takes cue from Putin.

bayview on October 25, 2012 at 8:07 PM

Re: Creepy ad…

Obama must *really* be desperate to get the youth vote out to the polls.

The take-home from that ad was the line about how uncool it would be to have to admit you didn’t vote — even more embarrassing than being a virgin!

ClintACK on October 25, 2012 at 8:07 PM

canopfor on October 25, 2012 at 8:06 PM

Be sure to hassle those Grandsons!

Bmore on October 25, 2012 at 8:08 PM

bazil9 on October 25, 2012 at 8:01 PM

I was going to but I haven’t seen her since that last thread. If you see her ask her for me will you? I have to get some work done for a bit. ; )

Bmore on October 25, 2012 at 8:10 PM

Cody1991 on October 25, 2012 at 7:34 PM

Lena Dunham is one sick girl.

INC on October 25, 2012 at 7:53 PM

Sigh….. reminds me of a classmate many years ago…. strange parents. They didn’t just discuss the ol’ ‘birds and bees with her … they showed her how it’s done.

Back later… I feel ill.

Cody1991 on October 25, 2012 at 8:10 PM

Ohioans — I do not envy you.

shoot me now please :(

arik1969 on October 25, 2012 at 8:13 PM

Team Obama raises $90 million in the first half of October

Some of it even came from U.S. citizens.

M240H on October 25, 2012 at 7:25 PM

Most likely all of it. No one has done any accounting yet on TARP funds, that’s where the money’s coming from via creative accounting and foreign bank accounts where a good chunk of TARP settled.

riddick on October 25, 2012 at 8:14 PM

Barry is going to have to tap some more of that “overseas money”.

GarandFan on October 25, 2012 at 8:19 PM

Team Obama raises $90 million in the first half of October
Some of it even came from U.S. citizens.

M240H on October 25, 2012 at 7:25 PM

THREAD WINNER!!

Khun Joe on October 25, 2012 at 8:20 PM

Back later… I feel ill.

Cody1991 on October 25, 2012 at 8:10 PM

Dunham’s responsible for her choices at this point, but as a child of hippies, she didn’t get the training she needed to have a good & fulfilling life.

Just saw the ad. Man that is one sick ad.

22044 on October 25, 2012 at 8:21 PM

Bmore on October 25, 2012 at 8:10 PM

Sure..I will add that to my to-do list B.
While I also muti task doing my own work right now..
Men! ;)

bazil9 on October 25, 2012 at 8:31 PM

President Obama said he regards all the campaign money as a “waste” that could be used in other areas. Said he’d pursue that in a 2nd term. Mark Knoller

Shaking my head!

Momma on October 25, 2012 at 8:38 PM

So Team Obama is accepting donations via EBT cards?

iceman1960 on October 25, 2012 at 8:40 PM

Maybe this will impact his numbers: Obama.com Website Unplugged

slickwillie2001 on October 25, 2012 at 8:42 PM

Too bad Romney never got his website fixed to allow donations from APO/FPO addresses. Many of us in the overseas areas really would have liked to have sent him money by way of credit cards. 

galvestonian on October 25, 2012 at 8:44 PM

Shaking my head!

Momma on October 25, 2012 at 8:38 PM

heh..

He should have reminded everyone of this before waste before the
Obama campaign said to skip the wedding gifts and donate instead to him…

Many couple are now without a toaster and a blender. :(

bazil9 on October 25, 2012 at 8:51 PM

Men! ;)

bazil9 on October 25, 2012 at 8:31 PM

Come on now, you love me, admit it. ; ) xo

Bmore on October 25, 2012 at 9:36 PM

We’re starting to see some Obama TV ads here in East Texas. They are on cable channels, so they may just be national buys that are being seen here. I can’t imagine they think they have any chance around here. Democrats are pretty rare.

trigon on October 26, 2012 at 12:15 AM

$90M will buy a lot of bullshit.

rayra on October 26, 2012 at 3:12 AM

Does that pay back the loan from Bank of America and the other hundred debt that the have. If they can get that much in a few weeks why did they still need the loan in the first place. They are so far in debt they will be paying well into 2014 or not at all.tjexcite on October 25, 2012 at 7:26 PM

Easy. The loan is applied to campaign expenses and repaid from all the credit card contributions that would otherwise trigger the various fraud protection schemes. FEW is going to follow money streaming into the campaign, but they’re not following the money used to repay loans. Double entry accounting are for evil capitalists not benevolent dictators.

AH_C on October 26, 2012 at 3:23 AM