Quotes of the day

posted at 10:43 pm on October 25, 2012 by Allahpundit

Obama’s Chicago-based brain trust had intended to highlight four years of “solid, steady progress” in the final days of the race, several Democrats told POLITICO, with a healthy dose of hammering Romney — a strategy that had given Obama a lead going into that fateful first debate.

Instead, the pressure is now on Obama to prove himself — and oh so late in the game. That led his campaign on Tuesday to release a detailed, bullet-point plan for his second term — a formal agenda his team had long resisted despite appeals from the likes of Bill Clinton, Nancy Pelosi and James Carville, and an army of basic-cable liberals, who said the president needed to spend less time cutting down Romney and more time elevating himself…

“Maybe it’s not too late, but wouldn’t it have been cool to have a great document put out the day after the convention when everyone was riding really high, instead of now?” asked polling analyst Erica Seifert, who wrote several memos with Carville and Greenberg urging Obama to define his second-term agenda more clearly.

***

It’s almost certain that President Obama released his agenda, titled “The New Economic Patriotism,” the night before a Donald Trump blockbuster announcement designed to derail Obama’s reelection. He had to have been hoping dearly the Trump stink-bomb would take all the oxygen away from any second-day stories about the “plan for jobs and middle-class security” the campaign published. It’s not just that the plan is the first voters have heard of any Obama has for his second term — two weeks before Election Day — but that the brochure is about as cheesy a cheap shot as they come.

Unfortunately for Obama, Trump’s pathetic gambit failed to trump the headline that Obama is trying to pass off recycled retreads as new plans and that he was forced to do so after losing the first presidential debate to Mitt Romney, plunging in the polls and sending Democrats into a state of nauseated panic. How, they asked the campaign, could the president possibly win a second term in such a tight race without having outlined an agenda for the next four years? And so an eleventh-hour glossy appeared to answer the charge that Obama had nothing in mind for 2013-2017, with pretty pictures and pabulum to prove it. Brace yourself, the plans include a tax plan that cuts the deficit and creates jobs, energy made in America, a reminder of all that is good about ObamaCare, a pledge to stop Medicare or Social Security from being privatized, reviving manufacturing, investing in education and growing small businesses.

***

Why would the president wait until 14 days before the election, after the conventions and the debates, to release his plan? And then print 3.5 million copies of it, making the plan a publishing phenomenon to rival “Dreams from My Father”?

It’s the panicked realization that his campaign’s attempted destruction of Mitt Romney hasn’t worked and isn’t enough to win. The NBC/Wall Street Journal poll this week found that 62 percent of people want major changes in a prospective Obama second term. Four percent — that’s almost down to Obama administration officials and immediate family — want more of the same.

So the president needed someone to get on QuarkXPress to paste together “a new plan” and then run down to FedEx Kinko’s — pronto. But he couldn’t hit print during debate season, lest he give his opponent another target. Surely Romney would have loved to cite the risible document as Exhibit A for Obama’s status-quo presidency.

***

Mr. Obama likes to say he inherited “the most severe economic emergency we’ve had since the Great Depression,” but then he claims that it didn’t matter that he staged a two-year fight to remake one-sixth of the economy and threatened to remake another four-sixths.

If recessions following financial crises really are worse than normal, as the President also told the Iowa editors, then why didn’t he take special care to postpone legislation that would add new costs to business, undermine confidence and thus weaken the recovery?

Mr. Obama didn’t really answer the Register’s question, so we will. He didn’t focus on the economy because he didn’t and still doesn’t understand how the private economy works. He doesn’t understand that incentives matter, or how government policies and regulation can sabotage growth. He really believes that government is the engine of economic prosperity.

***

Why was the first debate so toxic for the president? Because the one thing he couldn’t do if he was going to win the election is let all the pent-up resentment toward him erupt. Americans had gotten used to him as The President. Whatever his policy choices, whatever general direction he seemed to put in place he was The President, a man who had gotten there through natural gifts and what all politicians need, good fortune.

What he couldn’t do was present himself, when everyone was looking, as smaller than you thought. Petulant, put upon, above it all, full of himself. He couldn’t afford to make himself look less impressive than the challenger in terms of command, grasp of facts, size…

But maybe these questions are all off. Maybe what happened isn’t a mystery at all.

That, anyway, is the view expressed this week by a member of the U.S. Senate who served there with Mr Obama and has met with him in the White House. People back home, he said, sometimes wonder what happened with the president in the debate. The senator said, I paraphrase: I sort of have to tell them that it wasn’t a miscalculation or a weird moment. I tell them: I know him, and that was him. That guy on the stage, that’s the real Obama.

***

Click the image to watch.

***

“President Obama really hasn’t given us a vision for a second-term agenda. Just a couple of days ago he came up with a slick new brochure, you know, with less than two weeks left, to say, ‘Oh, I do actually have an agenda,’ ” Ryan said.

“It is a slick—well, comic book—that was his word,” the Wisconsin congressman repeated after a man in the crowd shouted out the suggestion. “To me, a slick repackaging of more of the same. And look at what it has gotten us.”

***

***

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

thatsafactjack on October 26, 2012 at 12:30 AM

different. I miss Gilmore’s guitar tho so Ill put this one up for consideration. how did you know I was lurking?

jrsrigmvr on October 26, 2012 at 12:42 AM

Where did Erika come from?
I dig her.

bazil9 on October 26, 2012 at 12:41 AM

Townhall.

JPeterman on October 26, 2012 at 12:42 AM

bazil9 on October 26, 2012 at 12:41 AM

Me, too. Erika is smart and possessed of a rapier wit, too. :)

thatsafactjack on October 26, 2012 at 12:42 AM

blush..well you know..
Your a Cali boy..and you play Winger. lol
Its a Cali thing. ;)
Family.

bazil9 on October 26, 2012 at 12:39 AM

I used to have a roommate, back in the mid 80′s named Kip… o_O

SWalker on October 26, 2012 at 12:42 AM

How do you think Jazz got the weekend gig here?

SWalker on October 26, 2012 at 12:37 AM

I’m pretty sure Jazz was posting prior to the green room, though. He was posting on michelle’s main site for a while too, if memory serves.

I didn’t say no posts got promoted; I just said it was very rare. And it’s true. The original concept was a failure. It probably didn’t get any significant traffic.

lorien1973 on October 26, 2012 at 12:43 AM

Stairway To Heaven – Gregorian

thatsafactjack on October 26, 2012 at 12:43 AM

Are they going to air drop the pamphlets in targeted areas like we did in Viet Nam? Who will they appeal to? I already get enough glossy junk mail.

arnold ziffel on October 26, 2012 at 12:43 AM

How do you think Jazz got the weekend gig here?

SWalker on October 26, 2012 at 12:37 AM

Beats me, but it was a bad decision whomever made it.

JPeterman on October 26, 2012 at 12:40 AM

Tacitly agreeing :)… Oh well, maybe not so tacit after all :)…

jimver on October 26, 2012 at 12:44 AM

Goodnight, everyone. :)

thatsafactjack on October 26, 2012 at 12:44 AM

How do you think Jazz got the weekend gig here?

SWalker on October 26, 2012 at 12:37 AM

Beats me, but it was a bad decision whomever made it.

JPeterman on October 26, 2012 at 12:40 AM

ROTFLMAO… Sorry, I actually like Jazz, he’s a bit goofy, but then again I’m from SoCal, so he’s cool… ;p

SWalker on October 26, 2012 at 12:44 AM

A great and assumed question, the one that’s still floating out there, is what exactly happened when Mr. Obama did himself in? What led to it?

— Peggy Noonan

He was told that he will be exposed on why ambassador Stevens was at the mission in Benghazi and why he died at the hands of Obama’s policies.

— Noonan

People saw the real Obama, an empty tiny man under duress because his entire foreign policy and domestic state are in ruins, his ineptitude, and his contempt toward having to go through the process. He noticed instantly that Romney is his intellectual superior and he had no prompter to fall back to.

Obama has no clue what he speaks of when he’s not promptered. He has no clue what he reads from it either, but it comes across better.

He is a charlatanic meme, a hoax/pox upon the land. Shame on the land for being fooled once. If the people allow a second fooling they deserve utter desruction.

People also saw Romney, not through the eyes of the hundreds of millions of ads.

Noonan is still weting her Depends when she thinks of Obama.

Schadenfreude on October 26, 2012 at 12:44 AM

Goodnight, everyone. :)

thatsafactjack on October 26, 2012 at 12:44 AM

Goodnight Jack… ;)

SWalker on October 26, 2012 at 12:45 AM

really hard at 18 to get excited about voting for Bob Dole.

gophergirl on October 25, 2012 at 11:28 PM

Bob Dole says, what did you not find exciting about voting for Bob Dole? //

Flora Duh on October 26, 2012 at 12:45 AM

Nite Jackie

Schadenfreude on October 26, 2012 at 12:45 AM

I cant use all this ad blocking..screwed up my business stuff when I added it..
So I endure.
No matter..I just close and skip..
I deal with BS all day..this means little.
I dont sweat the small stuff.

bazil9 on October 26, 2012 at 12:45 AM

night jackster!

bazil9 on October 26, 2012 at 12:46 AM

Where did Erika come from?
I dig her.

bazil9 on October 26, 2012 at 12:41 AM

Best addition to the HA team!! MKH is more fun to watch on the glass, not so much to read (other than ner twitters maybe :)…

jimver on October 26, 2012 at 12:46 AM

Actually, I’m curious how he got the weekend gig here. I figured it was a NY’er thang, because hit counts seem to take a back seat. Social issue contraversies and trivia. There’s room for that, but weekend substance lacks.

wolly4321 on October 26, 2012 at 12:46 AM

SWalker on October 26, 2012 at 12:44 AM

He’s a RINO and he lost a month or so ago when I defended MSNBC for editing something at a Romney rally or something. And according to what I read this morning in the Green Room in the Howard Portnoy farewell post, they were all sacked according to MadisonConservative.

JPeterman on October 26, 2012 at 12:47 AM

arnold ziffel on October 26, 2012 at 12:43 AM

lol..I have missed you A.
Hope your good buddy.
Another cali friend.

bazil9 on October 26, 2012 at 12:48 AM

Me, too. Erika is smart and possessed of a rapier wit, too. :)

thatsafactjack on October 26, 2012 at 12:42 AM

Erika is a good fit around here. While I’ve been mixed on the whole Townhall partnership, she’s actually be a good choice for replacing Tina (who herself came to be quite a good columnist before she left).

Gingotts on October 26, 2012 at 12:49 AM

Where did Erika come from?
I dig her.

bazil9 on October 26, 2012 at 12:41 AM

Me too. Her other HA name is “biscuit.” Also B9 just wanted to say you come up with some good ones. I like yesterday when you said “everything Obama touches, looks at or breathes on turns to shit.” OK, I editorialized a little, I cant say fk.

arnold ziffel on October 26, 2012 at 12:49 AM

SWalker on October 26, 2012 at 12:44 AM

JPeterman on October 26, 2012 at 12:47 AM

Yea, he is a RINO, but so is Ed, and I don’t hate him or Allahpundit for it either. (Allahpundit’s cat on the other hand is not a RINO, she is severely conservative) o_O

SWalker on October 26, 2012 at 12:50 AM

jimver on October 26, 2012 at 12:46 AM

I agree..I luv me some Erika.
Snark, humor and smart.
I dont know who she is or where she came from..but enjoy her.
Best addition -I agree.

bazil9 on October 26, 2012 at 12:50 AM

Magic 8 Ball says:

Hi Scrumpy.

SparkPlug on October 26, 2012 at 12:51 AM

wolly4321 on October 26, 2012 at 12:46 AM

Jazz is socially liberal, but fiscally conservative, he did a really great series of articles on the Energy industry, well worth reading.

SWalker on October 26, 2012 at 12:52 AM

Gingotts on October 26, 2012 at 12:49 AM

Tina was too abortion-centric. It got silly after a while. Every day 5pm, a post on abortion. It got tedious. She was smokin’ hot, though.

JPeterman on October 26, 2012 at 12:47 AM

Green Room is empty now, except for the most recent content, which supports this.

lorien1973 on October 26, 2012 at 12:52 AM

JPeterman on October 26, 2012 at 12:47 AM

I seem to remember a few months back there was some column where he took the RINO side on an issue, got the expected disagreement in the comments, and started griping with a bunch of the commenters over it. I remember thinking that was…

Well, anyway I don’t have any real problems with Jazz. He’s a good fill-in to keep the site going over the weekend when the others try to spend time with their families/cats.

Gingotts on October 26, 2012 at 12:52 AM

Magic 8 Ball says:

Hi Scrumpy.

SparkPlug on October 26, 2012 at 12:51 AM

/looking over sparkplugs shoulder…. Hmmm, Magic Eight balls also says GOPe will betray you on B12… (me thinks sparkplugs magic eight ball is on the fritz again… that or it just sank my Battleship)… o_O

SWalker on October 26, 2012 at 12:54 AM

She was a bit heavy on social issues, I sort of agree, but I also appreciated having a female conservative around that was willing to make a case against feminism, rather than trying to co-opt it as has been a (IMO misguided) trend in the conservative movement.

Gingotts on October 26, 2012 at 12:55 AM

I was wondering how the turnout in the Romney Rally is, because it reflects how well he can turn out the votes as well . The pictures of his rally in Defiance, OH in the Green Room are inspiring and reassuring. Go Romney/Ryan.

bayview on October 26, 2012 at 12:55 AM

Gingotts on October 26, 2012 at 12:52 AM

Jazz is fine; just remember that if he invites you over at 8:30, god forbid you show up at 8:33 – cuz he will freak out, man.

lorien1973 on October 26, 2012 at 12:56 AM

SWalker on October 26, 2012 at 12:54 AM

Magic 8 Ball says:

*change battery*

SparkPlug on October 26, 2012 at 12:56 AM

JPeterman on October 26, 2012 at 12:47 AM

lorien1973 on October 26, 2012 at 12:52 AM

Agree on Tina but now we have the War on Bacon?

Howard’s farewell had many posts, well over 3 pages last I looked, he acknowledged everyone for their well wishes. That was the post where MadCon had mentioned the e-mail from Salem/Townhall and the so called sacking of the writers.

JPeterman on October 26, 2012 at 12:56 AM

bazil9 on October 26, 2012 at 12:41 AM

arnold ziffel on October 26, 2012 at 12:49 AM

lol..her post with “biscuit” won me over day one.
LOL…I dont even remember what I said..
I am pushing 15 hr days and on meds for a condition..delirious most the time. I guess it works for me. LOL.
Glad I make you chuckle here and there. I agree with Jimmy Buffet..
If we couldn’t laugh , we would all go insane.

There are one liners here that make my day.
I miss ya where ever you have been. You have some good ones yourself there A.

bazil9 on October 26, 2012 at 12:58 AM

bazil9 on October 26, 2012 at 12:48 AM

Thanks b9. Been around, just not as much in August/Sept. You have been away as well. Where is 4grace?

arnold ziffel on October 26, 2012 at 12:58 AM

Go Romney/Ryan.

bayview on October 26, 2012 at 12:55 AM

Intrade, which hadn’t bothered me at all, is bothering me now that Romney is dropping again. And I’m not sure why. He was up at like 43%, now it’s down to 40% or so again. :(

I fear for OH. And I hate that it seems to be the only “easy” way for Romney to hit 270. That’s really irritating.

lorien1973 on October 26, 2012 at 12:58 AM

Agree on Tina but now we have the War on Bacon?

C’mon. That live broadcast isn’t going to last more than a few weeks? The name suggests no long term plan and there are like 30 viewers for it each day.

lorien1973 on October 26, 2012 at 12:59 AM

Magic 8 Ball says:

SparkPlug on October 26, 2012 at 12:51 AM

8 ball had no b9? :(
sniff.

bazil9 on October 26, 2012 at 1:00 AM

Gingotts on October 26, 2012 at 12:49 AM

lorien1973 on October 26, 2012 at 12:52 AM

Oh, gawd, agreed. Tina was so obsessed with abortion, and then her style was a bit sophomoric, don’t know, moralizing at times, no spark, no gumption , no fun…like an old lady in a young person body…

jimver on October 26, 2012 at 1:00 AM

Where is 4grace?

arnold ziffel on October 26, 2012 at 12:58 AM

Saw her post a goodbye to Howard Portnoy in his farewell thread down in the Green Room today.

JPeterman on October 26, 2012 at 1:01 AM

bazil9 on October 26, 2012 at 12:48 AM

arnold ziffel on October 26, 2012 at 12:58 AM

Yeah, real life is kicking my a$$.
Grace is well..busy too. A good momma and hard work’n lady.
She pops in when she can.

bazil9 on October 26, 2012 at 1:02 AM

like an old lady in a young person body…

jimver on October 26, 2012 at 1:00 AM

But oh what a body. ;)

But yeah, it got preachy. Which, I think, is why people don’t like to listen to conservatives. Too preachy and not uplifting.

Liberalism, to it’s credit, tells a story – even if it doesn’t make sense. It’s there.

lorien1973 on October 26, 2012 at 1:03 AM

lorien1973 on October 26, 2012 at 12:58 AM

short selling maybe?

jrsrigmvr on October 26, 2012 at 1:03 AM

lorien1973 on October 26, 2012 at 12:56 AM

That Daily Show post will live in ‘infamy’ lool :)…

jimver on October 26, 2012 at 1:04 AM

Can’t remember exactly,, but what was that 11th grader comment?

That’s where jazz lost me.

wolly4321 on October 26, 2012 at 1:04 AM

bayview on October 26, 2012 at 12:55 AM

That same post could have been in the headlines. With comments. Not seeing the point to the change. Why have a blog if you don’t have comments?

AZfederalist on October 26, 2012 at 1:04 AM

short selling maybe?

jrsrigmvr on October 26, 2012 at 1:03 AM

Could be profit taking.

Intrade really only has a ~95% accuracy rate cuz people buy in late when the outcome is obvious, trying to score a few bucks.

But still; it felt nice when it was going in our favor.

lorien1973 on October 26, 2012 at 1:06 AM

jimver on October 26, 2012 at 1:00 AM

Well there ya go, probably why I liked her.

lorien1973 on October 26, 2012 at 12:56 AM

Zuh? BAHAHAHAHA! Okay, you win.

Gingotts on October 26, 2012 at 1:06 AM

A must read from Matt Bracken. Ascathing indictment of the incompetent in chief. Cut and paste, link, whatever but spread the story.

LCT688 on October 26, 2012 at 1:45 AM

crash send HA to the body shop.

Adios: vaya con dios
Fred

jrsrigmvr on October 26, 2012 at 1:47 AM

Hmmm, another crash eh….

SWalker on October 26, 2012 at 1:53 AM

Maybe the format change is a compromise to get rid of the FB stuff…?

d1carter on October 26, 2012 at 1:54 AM

lorien1973 on October 26, 2012 at 12:52 AM

That may explain why I couldn’t log on to the site for nearly 20 minutes. It looks like they cleaned house and destroyed the evidence.

Laura in Maryland on October 26, 2012 at 1:59 AM

‏@kesgardner
Most national polls assume a Dem+4-8 turnout advantage. But if Rasmussen is right and GOP gets a turnout advantage? A blowout, Reagan Style.

Considering that chart of party affiliation has been right the last few elections..this would be a landslide.
(Note: This is Rasmussen’s chart but he’s still using a D+3 or 4 sample in his polls that have Romney up 3)

jaygatz33 on October 26, 2012 at 1:59 AM

Colin Powell endorses Obama.

That lying sack of crap Powell tried to blame Palin for dumping the McCain. We now have Romney and apparently even Mitt is too conservative Powell.

Powell you are a lying sack of Sh!t. You scapegoated a woman to endorse your own race.

SparkPlug on October 26, 2012 at 2:02 AM

Romney event in Defiance,OH tonight =12K

Obama event in Cleveland metro area tonight = 12K

Defiance has a population of 17,000 or so…

jaygatz33 on October 26, 2012 at 2:04 AM

w00t w00t

Hot Air wouldn’t load for me a while ago.

El_Terrible on October 26, 2012 at 2:05 AM

I should fill out my ballot soon. I’ve spent all week planning to do it, but I keep delaying it one more day. I’ll do it tomorrow.

Gotta get my Romney and anti-tax votes in… its the local elections that stump me…. who the heck are these people? City? County? School Board? What?!

El_Terrible on October 26, 2012 at 2:10 AM

jaygatz33 on October 26, 2012 at 1:59 AM

Think about how many unemployed dems aren’t in the mood to run to the polls to re-elect Obowmao and might just sit this one out.

We may want to get Humpbot a tune-up, just in case…

Laura in Maryland on October 26, 2012 at 2:10 AM

Hot Air wouldn’t load for me a while ago.

El_Terrible on October 26, 2012 at 2:05 AM

Yep, something with their server, I think…at first I thought there was something wrong with the wi fi on my ipad, but then I switched it to cellular data and same thing…it just wouldn’t load…

jimver on October 26, 2012 at 2:13 AM

I just hope this site doesn’t crash on election night… I went nuts when I couldn’t load HotAir on the night Scott Brown won the peoples’ seat

El_Terrible on October 26, 2012 at 2:15 AM

Townhall.com was down too, so maybe they’re changing servers?

El_Terrible on October 26, 2012 at 2:15 AM

El_Terrible on October 26, 2012 at 2:10 AM

I know :) In my area (am in Cali too) the friggin’ head of the hospital board, or something is on the ballot too…thechoices are between a certain Dr Gupta and a certain DR Krishna…dunno, Krishna sounds more flower power to me :)..I think i’ll go with him (or her??? no idea, Indian names offer little indication as for the gender of the person :), and there’s no pic on the ballot :)…

jimver on October 26, 2012 at 2:18 AM

jimver on October 26, 2012 at 2:18 AM

Vote NO on 30 and 38.

Feel free to vote YES on 32… if 32 passes I’m gonna laugh so hard at the unions.

El_Terrible on October 26, 2012 at 2:22 AM

Still bummed about Portnoy and Libby exodus.

John the Libertarian on October 26, 2012 at 2:24 AM

El_Terrible on October 26, 2012 at 2:22 AM

Are you talking California ballot initiatives? Is that the one where they run the ad that the eeeeevil Koch brothers and (gasp!) Karl Rove are supporting?

John the Libertarian on October 26, 2012 at 2:26 AM

John the Libertarian on October 26, 2012 at 2:26 AM

Yes, the one that would give breaks to BIG OIL and put the squeeze on the middle class.

There are so many propositions on the ballot this year, I’m hoping people forget the numbers and just read the ballot… if they read the ballot, I think it’ll be close if not an outright win.

El_Terrible on October 26, 2012 at 2:29 AM

Colin Powell endorses Obama.

SparkPlug on October 26, 2012 at 2:02 AM

Geraldine Ferraro was right. And look how they treated her.

John the Libertarian on October 26, 2012 at 2:30 AM

El_Terrible on October 26, 2012 at 2:29 AM

Dems are so predictable.

John the Libertarian on October 26, 2012 at 2:31 AM

So many commercials… YES 38, NO 32, YES 33, NO 33, NO 30, YES 30, NO 37, YES 38, YES 37, YES 39 bla bla bla

El_Terrible on October 26, 2012 at 2:32 AM

jimver on October 26, 2012 at 2:18 AM

Vote NO on 30 and 38.

El_Terrible on October 26, 2012 at 2:22 AM

Of course 30 and 38 are a no-no. Do you think either of them will pass? Maybe coz they tied it in with education, schools, whaaa, our kids…not sure about 32 yet, my wife is a yes on that one. I am ok with the corporate money :), because it’s the only solid source of funding for poor, beleagured Republlicans in fhe state, how on earth are we ever going to win the elections in this state…..but then I am not ok with the union money poured into politics though bwahaha :), so, there’s my dilemma :)..did you notice that the Teachers Union oppose 32, it cracks me up…

jimver on October 26, 2012 at 2:35 AM

I am ok with the corporate money :), …. so, there’s my dilemma :)..did you notice that the Teachers Union oppose 32, it cracks me up…

jimver on October 26, 2012 at 2:35 AM

32 prohibits unions and corporations from using payroll deductions to fund political activities. All public unions here take these deductions, I don’t think any corporations do that.

Would also prohibit direct contributions from unions and corporations to candidates, but they could probably contribute to a Super PAC or something.

El_Terrible on October 26, 2012 at 2:44 AM

I rarely went to the Green Room, but those guys were good when they made it to the front page, so they will be missed. The headlines are something that I always look forward to and shrinking that section isn’t good.

With that said, can we get rid of that silly ‘The War On Bacon’ nonsense? Don’t get me wrong, MKH is ok, but she should be writing, not having silly, boring, poorly-produced webcam discussions with that Kelly chick.

And on a positive, Erika is the best newest addition to the site.

Corporal Tunnel on October 25, 2012 at 11:42 PM

I agree on the headlines. More heardlines the better. However, I disagree with Erika being the best new addition to the site. I feel like the subjects of her posts are very repetitive (it seems like we have at least two posts about green energy a day) and she makes the same point over and over again in each post (subsidies bad, market distortion, need less regulations). Plus, she tries too hard to be snarky (she needs to let it come naturally like Allahpundit). I thought that Tina’s posts were a lot more informative and substantive.

Bravesbill on October 26, 2012 at 2:57 AM

And what exactly is the new point of the Greenroom? I always thought the intent of it was to feature other writers/bloggers who bring new perspectives and talents to various topics.

Bravesbill on October 26, 2012 at 2:58 AM

Schadenfreude on October 26, 2012 at 12:44 AM

…nice post.

KOOLAID2 on October 26, 2012 at 3:00 AM

El_Terrible on October 26, 2012 at 2:44

Yeah, I just finished reading some more on 32 and indeed corporate executives could still make voluntary donations to PACs for political causes which is good. then I ‘m yes on this one.

jimver on October 26, 2012 at 3:09 AM

Hot Air has really gone down hill fast. Except for the additions of Erika and Mary Katharine, I can’t name one change the Salem overlords have implemented that I actually like or agree with.

I enjoyed reading several of the Green Room writers, especially J.E. She will be missed most of all.

And I really hate the changes to the headlines section.

The Facebook comments don’t really bother me, but the autoplay ads suck.

Jazz Shaw is good some times, but I don’t see why he should run the show on the weekends.

My biggest complaint, however, is the precipitous drop-off in content. Posts are made much less frequently, but there hasn’t been an accompanying increase in depth or quality.

I find myself more and more opting to get my news from Twitter and places like Drudge, Twitchy, RCP, rather than Hot Air.

steebo77 on October 26, 2012 at 4:45 AM

I am not sure how many of you are invested in the stock market, but I am not looking forward to what the market will be doing today.

I ran through some developments in the news.
–Apple missed the target, and dialing down outlook. AAPL share price had already dropped to below 600 on Thursday.
–Amazon is reporting a loss
–Asian market tumbled overnight
–The European Market is looking at a loss across the board. Ericsson reports a 43% drop in profit, and share price dropped 3.3% so far.
–IMF reports that Greece will badly miss its debt reduction target.
–Spain unemployment rate hit record high 25%
–The Attorney General of NY and CT just sent letters of notification to 9 big banks , targeting them for LIBOR investigation. Any wrongdoing or liability found will open the banks to vulture lawyers with class action suits and further weaken the banking sector.

The US GDP number to be announced at 8:30 AM, and earning report through Comcast and Merck may or may not add to what looks like a developing Frankenstorm in the financial market.

bayview on October 26, 2012 at 4:59 AM

republican insiders (les moonvies) telling morning joe that obamas ground game rivals and may surpass karl rove’s.

renalin on October 26, 2012 at 6:07 AM

according to jow, the early voters are going for obama…

really?

cmsinaz on October 26, 2012 at 6:15 AM

oooh gooides, morning joe and mike will be on the campaign trail with obama

that should be good tv

cmsinaz on October 26, 2012 at 6:18 AM

renalin on October 26, 2012 at 6:07 AM

Oh, please! Moonvies is an Obama supporter. The meme the obammies are spreading is this silly “ground game” crap. If his “ground game” was so superior, he would poll stronger but he hasn’t.

Blake on October 26, 2012 at 6:26 AM

renalin on October 26, 2012 at 6:07 AM

Ground game means jack if your voters are dispirited, in 2004 Bush voters were juiced to stick it to Kerry and support W.

rob verdi on October 26, 2012 at 6:27 AM

I never saw Obama as any kind of God-king. I could not understand how people saw a great leader in Obama. He always seemed like an arrogant little man to me.

Terrye on October 26, 2012 at 6:31 AM

according to jow, the early voters are going for obama…

really?

cmsinaz on October 26, 2012 at 6:15 AM

I have heard that is true in Ohio and Nevada, but not by as much of a margin as they did in 2008. Most people will vote on election day anyway. I know I will. My husband does not want to go to the Court House to vote early and so he will be voting on election day too.

Terrye on October 26, 2012 at 6:35 AM

O/T: Guess who originally invited the OSCE to monitor OUR elections? My take.

kingsjester on October 26, 2012 at 6:36 AM

Terrye on October 26, 2012 at 6:35 AM

*crossing fingers*

cmsinaz on October 26, 2012 at 6:40 AM

how many folks are gulliable enough to vote for this idiot again….47%?

cmsinaz on October 26, 2012 at 6:42 AM

kingsjester on October 26, 2012 at 6:36 AM

unstinkingbelievable

cmsinaz on October 26, 2012 at 6:45 AM

El_Terrible on October 26, 2012 at 2:32 AM

Vote no on 31 in California. Heard a fab interview with National Review’s Stanley Kurtz that it creates “regional tax base sharing,” which’ll then empower new “regional authorities” to issue dictates and hull out the power of city governments.

*Sigh*

sparkle motion on October 26, 2012 at 6:46 AM

renalin on October 26, 2012 at 6:07 AM

I’m sure they’re clicking their ruby red slippers while chanting “ground game” to themselves.

Hilarious. :-D

Punchenko on October 26, 2012 at 6:46 AM

I was wondering why AllahPundit plagiarised the work of the National Review writer Rich Lowry in his article from OCTOBER 26, 2012
entitled “Obama’s Pathetic Picture Book”~ Obama’s new plan represents a panicked attempt to regain control.

VERY unprofessional. Can anyone on the staff explain why somebody who is supposed to be a professional copy the work of another writer without acknowledging them for it?

DevilsPrinciple on October 26, 2012 at 6:54 AM

FYI Our own Ed Morrissey is supposed to be on Morning Joe this morning.

Flora Duh on October 26, 2012 at 6:57 AM

O/T: Guess who originally invited the OSCE to monitor OUR elections? My take.

kingsjester on October 26, 2012 at 6:36 AM

Good Lord..
Sho’Nuff KJ

bazil9 on October 26, 2012 at 7:00 AM

DevilsPrinciple on October 26, 2012 at 6:54 AM

Are you really this dumb? Or, is this a joke, which would also fall in the category of a dumb joke.

Blake on October 26, 2012 at 7:00 AM

CMS..bmore was searching for you..

is morning coffee dude
available to watch without a TV?
Ed’d on..he wants to see it.

bazil9 on October 26, 2012 at 7:01 AM

Flora Duh on October 26, 2012 at 6:57 AM

thanks for the reminder….7:30 ET

cmsinaz on October 26, 2012 at 7:02 AM

bazil9 on October 26, 2012 at 7:01 AM

don’t know if they stream online or will make a video for later viewing….

cmsinaz on October 26, 2012 at 7:03 AM

“When you take a look at Colin Powell, you have to look at whether that’s an endorsement based on issues or he’s got a slightly different reason for endorsing President Obama,” John Sununu, Romney Campaign Chair said, adding: “I think when you have somebody of your own race that you’re proud of being president of the United States, I applaud Colin for standing with him.”

And then Sunununununununu’s appalling words are almost drowned out by Hotair clowns’ applause.

Dave Rywall on October 26, 2012 at 7:04 AM