Quotes of the day

posted at 10:43 pm on October 25, 2012 by Allahpundit

Obama’s Chicago-based brain trust had intended to highlight four years of “solid, steady progress” in the final days of the race, several Democrats told POLITICO, with a healthy dose of hammering Romney — a strategy that had given Obama a lead going into that fateful first debate.

Instead, the pressure is now on Obama to prove himself — and oh so late in the game. That led his campaign on Tuesday to release a detailed, bullet-point plan for his second term — a formal agenda his team had long resisted despite appeals from the likes of Bill Clinton, Nancy Pelosi and James Carville, and an army of basic-cable liberals, who said the president needed to spend less time cutting down Romney and more time elevating himself…

“Maybe it’s not too late, but wouldn’t it have been cool to have a great document put out the day after the convention when everyone was riding really high, instead of now?” asked polling analyst Erica Seifert, who wrote several memos with Carville and Greenberg urging Obama to define his second-term agenda more clearly.

***

It’s almost certain that President Obama released his agenda, titled “The New Economic Patriotism,” the night before a Donald Trump blockbuster announcement designed to derail Obama’s reelection. He had to have been hoping dearly the Trump stink-bomb would take all the oxygen away from any second-day stories about the “plan for jobs and middle-class security” the campaign published. It’s not just that the plan is the first voters have heard of any Obama has for his second term — two weeks before Election Day — but that the brochure is about as cheesy a cheap shot as they come.

Unfortunately for Obama, Trump’s pathetic gambit failed to trump the headline that Obama is trying to pass off recycled retreads as new plans and that he was forced to do so after losing the first presidential debate to Mitt Romney, plunging in the polls and sending Democrats into a state of nauseated panic. How, they asked the campaign, could the president possibly win a second term in such a tight race without having outlined an agenda for the next four years? And so an eleventh-hour glossy appeared to answer the charge that Obama had nothing in mind for 2013-2017, with pretty pictures and pabulum to prove it. Brace yourself, the plans include a tax plan that cuts the deficit and creates jobs, energy made in America, a reminder of all that is good about ObamaCare, a pledge to stop Medicare or Social Security from being privatized, reviving manufacturing, investing in education and growing small businesses.

***

Why would the president wait until 14 days before the election, after the conventions and the debates, to release his plan? And then print 3.5 million copies of it, making the plan a publishing phenomenon to rival “Dreams from My Father”?

It’s the panicked realization that his campaign’s attempted destruction of Mitt Romney hasn’t worked and isn’t enough to win. The NBC/Wall Street Journal poll this week found that 62 percent of people want major changes in a prospective Obama second term. Four percent — that’s almost down to Obama administration officials and immediate family — want more of the same.

So the president needed someone to get on QuarkXPress to paste together “a new plan” and then run down to FedEx Kinko’s — pronto. But he couldn’t hit print during debate season, lest he give his opponent another target. Surely Romney would have loved to cite the risible document as Exhibit A for Obama’s status-quo presidency.

***

Mr. Obama likes to say he inherited “the most severe economic emergency we’ve had since the Great Depression,” but then he claims that it didn’t matter that he staged a two-year fight to remake one-sixth of the economy and threatened to remake another four-sixths.

If recessions following financial crises really are worse than normal, as the President also told the Iowa editors, then why didn’t he take special care to postpone legislation that would add new costs to business, undermine confidence and thus weaken the recovery?

Mr. Obama didn’t really answer the Register’s question, so we will. He didn’t focus on the economy because he didn’t and still doesn’t understand how the private economy works. He doesn’t understand that incentives matter, or how government policies and regulation can sabotage growth. He really believes that government is the engine of economic prosperity.

***

Why was the first debate so toxic for the president? Because the one thing he couldn’t do if he was going to win the election is let all the pent-up resentment toward him erupt. Americans had gotten used to him as The President. Whatever his policy choices, whatever general direction he seemed to put in place he was The President, a man who had gotten there through natural gifts and what all politicians need, good fortune.

What he couldn’t do was present himself, when everyone was looking, as smaller than you thought. Petulant, put upon, above it all, full of himself. He couldn’t afford to make himself look less impressive than the challenger in terms of command, grasp of facts, size…

But maybe these questions are all off. Maybe what happened isn’t a mystery at all.

That, anyway, is the view expressed this week by a member of the U.S. Senate who served there with Mr Obama and has met with him in the White House. People back home, he said, sometimes wonder what happened with the president in the debate. The senator said, I paraphrase: I sort of have to tell them that it wasn’t a miscalculation or a weird moment. I tell them: I know him, and that was him. That guy on the stage, that’s the real Obama.

***

Click the image to watch.

***

“President Obama really hasn’t given us a vision for a second-term agenda. Just a couple of days ago he came up with a slick new brochure, you know, with less than two weeks left, to say, ‘Oh, I do actually have an agenda,’ ” Ryan said.

“It is a slick—well, comic book—that was his word,” the Wisconsin congressman repeated after a man in the crowd shouted out the suggestion. “To me, a slick repackaging of more of the same. And look at what it has gotten us.”

***

***

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 6

I was wondering how long it would take for Salem to start messing with HotAir. I think Townhall has a lot of excellent articles but their webpage is such a cluttered mess that I usually don’t bother with it. Sad to see HA following suit.

joekenha on October 25, 2012 at 11:16 PM

portlandon on October 25, 2012 at 11:15 PM

lol!

thatsafactjack on October 25, 2012 at 11:16 PM

We need to do a Luntz focus group on the new layout.

INC on October 25, 2012 at 11:17 PM

KCB on October 25, 2012 at 11:14 PM

‘nite KCB

jaime on October 25, 2012 at 11:17 PM

Me no likey the new green room.

lorien1973 on October 25, 2012 at 11:17 PM

Did the Green Room writers form a Union and demand pay or something?

portlandon on October 25, 2012 at 11:15 PM

Heh – reminds me of this:
Rush – The Trees

22044 on October 25, 2012 at 11:17 PM

jaime on October 25, 2012 at 11:17 PM

Good evening, Jamie! Nice to see you.:)

thatsafactjack on October 25, 2012 at 11:18 PM

No comments in the green room? I guess that’s OK since I rarely went there. Now that AP, Ed, Erika, and Mary are posting there I’ll probably go a lot more often.

jaime on October 25, 2012 at 11:19 PM

We need to do a Luntz focus group on the new layout.

INC on October 25, 2012 at 11:17 PM

Can I be the crazy drunk guy in a Hawaiian shirt who swears on air and calls Obama a Mooslem born in Ken-Yah?

portlandon on October 25, 2012 at 11:19 PM

Gumbo Gumbo, I conjure thee from the abyss…

Appear to us now. I gotta take a piss…

Lanceman on October 25, 2012 at 11:20 PM

Here’s Libby’s farewell (click AP’s article in the Green room and look for “fond farewell”)

conservative pilgrim on October 25, 2012 at 11:20 PM

Only wierdos listen to jazz,,, music.

wolly4321 on October 25, 2012 at 11:20 PM

This ad is just the end for me. I thought the Bull******* comment was a new low?

I can now say that there has NOT been a more vile and cold person EVER in the White House.

Wicked and nasty………..and yes EVIL.

OBAMA 2012!

PappyD61 on October 25, 2012 at 11:21 PM

Heh – reminds me of this:
Rush – The Trees

22044 on October 25, 2012 at 11:17 PM

LOL. You got it!

There is unrest in the forest,
There is trouble with the trees,
For the maples want more sunlight
And the oaks ignore their pleas.

The trouble with the maples,
(And they’re quite convinced they’re right)
They say the oaks are just too lofty
And they grab up all the light.
But the oaks can’t help their feelings
If they like the way they’re made.
And they wonder why the maples
Can’t be happy in their shade.

There is trouble in the forest,
And the creatures all have fled,
As the maples scream “Oppression!”
And the oaks just shake their heads

So the maples formed a union
And demanded equal rights.
“The oaks are just too greedy;
We will make them give us light.”
Now there’s no more oak oppression,
For they passed a noble law,
And the trees are all kept equal
By hatchet, axe, and saw.

portlandon on October 25, 2012 at 11:21 PM

Headlines will get cycled off the main page too quickly if there’s only six of them.

Mark1971 on October 25, 2012 at 11:22 PM

portlandon on October 25, 2012 at 11:19 PM

We all have our niche!

INC on October 25, 2012 at 11:22 PM

It is going to be so nice to actually vote for a candidate instead of against one.

gophergirl on October 25, 2012 at 10:53 PM

The money that I’ve given to the RR campaign and the various PACs, the support I’ve provided through organizations and companies I have or been able to get on board, and that one vote I’m going to cast on November 6 — no way I wouldn’t do it in person — has all been done to get rid of Obama and his entire administration. Not a dollar, nor a second of of my life has cared one whit about anything else, since my kids have no future with him at the helm.

That said, I’m very comfortable that Romney will not be just some RINO hack, like McCain, but will actually try to improve the situation, so it’s a plus, gravy. But, rest assured, that I and millions of our friends will be there on November 6 for one thing and one thing only — to end the Nightmare on Pennsylvania Avenue.

TXUS on October 25, 2012 at 11:23 PM

*****The New York Post Nails it **************

For America’s future, The Post endorses Mitt Romney for president

Last Updated: 12:57 PM, October 25, 2012
Posted: 1:51 AM, October 25, 2012
**************************************
**************************************

*Four frustratingly long years ago, a war-weary and economically battered America took a flier on a savior.

*It didn’t work out.

*Now, in 12 days, the nation will return to the polls — to reject, or to ratify, the results of the great Barack Obama experiment.

*That is, to reject or to ratify the notion that hoping for change is a sound footing for productive national policy.

*But, by the evidence, it is not.

*It cannot create jobs.

*It cannot reduce deficits.

*It cannot restore foreign confidence in America — or Americans’ confidence in their own great nation.

**America needs more than hope. It needs leadership. That is why The Post today endorses the candidacy of Mitt Romney for president of the United States.

**Scrape it down to bedrock, and Mitt Romney knows that there is but one issue in this campaign: America’s woeful economy, and the demonstrated inability of President Obama to cope with it.

*Obama says he inherited the mess, but he’s done nothing to fix it. Borrow, spend, regulate and redistribute is not a prescription for sustainable growth, yet that has been the totality of his program.

*He says things will get better — soon. But there’s no evidence for that.

*Obamanomics has produced:
**************************

* A sky-high national debt, now at a stupefying $16 trillion and growing.

* Intractable unemployment and a workforce hemorrhaging discouraged workers.

* No perceptible economic growth.

* Historic expansion in welfare programs — especially food stamps.

*Obama proposes massive tax increases aimed not so much at the rich, as he claims, but squarely at the middle class and small business, which is insane: Small business — the real engine of American job creation — needs to be nurtured, not squeezed dry.

**Americans need jobs — jobs for those trying to raise a family, jobs for those who are leaving school, jobs period!

*Instead, they are about to be saddled with an unworkable health-care boondoggle that will suck hundreds of billions from a private-sector economy that could better use the cash to create — yes — more jobs!

**Can Mitt Romney really turn all this around? Yes, he can.

**In the debates, Americans saw a leader.

**They saw a man with the experience, the temperament, the principles and the knowledge to address America’s economic woes instead of just blaming others.

**After all, as governor of deep-blue Massachusetts, he worked with a Democratic legislature to close a $3 billion deficit without raising taxes or borrowing.

*There is one other significant issue.

*Four years ago, Obama vowed “to restore America’s standing in the world.” But he has sown rancor and confusion instead.

*Our friends don’t know if they’re still our friends; our enemies wonder whether we have the courage to stand up to them.

*The result has been a cataclysmic breakdown of US leadership in the Middle East.

*Israel — and not just Israel — questions whether Obama is committed to curbing Iran’s nuclear threat.

*Syria is in open civil war, while Egypt and Libya teeter on the brink. Osama bin Laden may be dead, but al Qaeda has hardly been contained — as Benghazi tragically proved.

*In contrast, the smoke now hanging over the Middle East testifies to Obama’s inability to get the job done.

*Any job.

*Because, in the end, the fundamental problem is the president’s core philosophy.

*He believes in equality of outcome, not equality of opportunity — and that is not how America is supposed to work.

*America is not working right now.

*Forward?

*For four more years?

*We think not.

*********Mitt Romney for president.
===================================

canopfor on October 25, 2012 at 11:23 PM

Between this and the Facebook in the headlines, they’re messing with the nice relatively quiet parts of the site that I like…

Gingotts on October 25, 2012 at 11:09 PM

Yes, and right before the biggest election in history when things are breaking every 5 minutes.

Here’s where you can find Howard.

Howard Portnoy NY Manhattan Conservative Examiner

Anyone have a link to J.E.Dwyer’s blog?

JPeterman on October 25, 2012 at 11:23 PM

Made me laugh! :) Good evening, B!

thatsafactjack on October 25, 2012 at 11:15 PM

Glad I could make you laugh, as for me I have a belly ache from laughing so hard on the tramp stamp thread. Lol! Ooh that hurt. ; )

Bmore on October 25, 2012 at 11:24 PM

I quit going to townhall too. It crashes on me. And I love me some Katie Pavlich.

wolly4321 on October 25, 2012 at 11:24 PM

canopfor on October 25, 2012 at 11:23 PM

I just don’t get this ‘war-weary’ crap.

Most of the jagoffs who whine about the wars have absolutely zero vested interest in them.

Shut the damn TV off!

Lanceman on October 25, 2012 at 11:25 PM

JPeterman on October 25, 2012 at 11:23 PM

INC on October 25, 2012 at 11:25 PM

You know I really think between FB and the newly designed site, people will be drawn here in droves.

Bmore on October 25, 2012 at 11:26 PM

I never did either but I do love the headlines section and am bummed that is getting shrunk.

gophergirl on October 25, 2012 at 11:12 PM

Agreed.

And now, instead of actual content from the Greenroom writers (I was especially fond of Portnoy and Dyer), I guess we’re going to get some kind of running blog from the four authors.

In other words, exactly what appears below the erstwhile Greenroom, except those posts have actual productive discussions attached to them.

Bearing that all in mind, massive thumbs down on the new layout.

KingGold on October 25, 2012 at 11:28 PM

TXUS on October 25, 2012 at 11:23 PM

Oh I agree but it is nice to actually feel good about the candidate you are casting a ballot for if that makes sense.

My first vote was Bob Dole – really hard at 18 to get excited about voting for Bob Dole.

I just feel like Mitt can actually fix this thing. After all the depression and destruction Obama has done – a little light at the end of the tunnel is inspiring.

gophergirl on October 25, 2012 at 11:28 PM

Good evening, Jamie! Nice to see you.:)

thatsafactjack on October 25, 2012 at 11:18 PM

Hi, Jackie! Good to see you, too.

I’ve always liked Romney as a person. I’ve always thought Romney was a good campaigner. At least I’ve liked him while he was campaigning. I’ve always thought that Romney would be one of the most effective executives the U.S. has ever had as president. But I’ve always wondered… effective at doing what?

As far as the economy goes, I have no worries. It will be rolling like a wheel in short order after Romney takes office.

The debt, I’m not so sure about. Like all other Republican presidents, the democratics in congress will only negotiate if they get to keep their entitlements and add to them. Even Reagan got suckered, and the debt grew. I think Romney can handle it, but I’m not certain.

As far as the rest of it goes, the “conservative” agenda, it’s anyone’s guess. I’m not completely comfortable, but I’m not worried.

There is no way Romney will be any worse than Obama. I just don’t know if he’ll be as good as I want him to be.

jaime on October 25, 2012 at 11:29 PM

Lanceman on October 25, 2012 at 11:25 PM

I’m sure that’s true. A self-fulfilling media meme.

INC on October 25, 2012 at 11:29 PM

If y’all don’t find the Gumbo or some troll, I’m gonna be splittin’ soon.

Lanceman on October 25, 2012 at 11:30 PM

Read her last. I may be wrong, but I think she predicted the strike 24 hours before it happened to the tee.

wolly4321 on October 25, 2012 at 11:30 PM

canopfor on October 25, 2012 at 11:23 PM

Now that is a good endorsement

gophergirl on October 25, 2012 at 11:31 PM

Bmore on October 25, 2012 at 11:26 PM

yuou mean like they are to HuffPo?

PolAgnostic on October 25, 2012 at 11:31 PM

joekenha on October 25, 2012 at 11:16 PM

I haven’t been to Townhall in a few years, picked up too many bugs/malware on their site.

JPeterman on October 25, 2012 at 11:31 PM

Hi Flora!

Bmore on October 25, 2012 at 11:31 PM

You Belong To Me

jaime on October 25, 2012 at 11:31 PM

Bmore on October 25, 2012 at 11:26 PM

… and that means that there will be such demand to become posters that HA won’t have as many or such long open registration sessions.

AZfederalist on October 25, 2012 at 11:31 PM

yuou mean like they are to HuffPo?

PolAgnostic on October 25, 2012 at 11:31 PM

Yes! There’s a winning combination for you!

Bmore on October 25, 2012 at 11:32 PM

I use to do typesetting and FWIW I don’t like the layout. It’s heavy and awkward. I also predict that if there is no commenting there, that people will drag the topics to the front page and comment on other threads. Better just to not have a Green Room and go back to six in the headlines.

INC on October 25, 2012 at 11:32 PM

J.E. Dyer gone too? I was just starting to really understand what an intel asset she is. Her blog is mind bogglingly full of spot on in detail.

wolly4321 on October 25, 2012 at 11:10 PM

…I rarely would check out the Green Room…but I was starting to love J.E. Dyer… and look for her!

KOOLAID2 on October 25, 2012 at 11:32 PM

Hmmm.
It sounds like the Green Room will become to Hot Air like the Corner is to NRO.
It could work out if we’re into that sort of thing.

22044 on October 25, 2012 at 11:33 PM

SCOAMFs gonna be SCOAMFs.

Scorpions gonna be scorpions.

Thinking anything else is delusional.

jukin3 on October 25, 2012 at 11:33 PM

AZfederalist on October 25, 2012 at 11:31 PM

Excellent point! Say, anyone ever commented at Breitbarts joints?

Bmore on October 25, 2012 at 11:33 PM

I rarely, if ever, go to TownHall. Hot Air doesn’t post headlines from there much.

22044 on October 25, 2012 at 11:34 PM

I’m sure most of us well informed late nighters have seen this, but, just in case any missed it.

We’re still testing and rolling out some aspects of this. Unfortunately, some aspects have to be tested live. We’ll have an announcement by tomorrow.

Ed Morrissey on October 25, 2012 at 9:38 PM

Bmore on October 25, 2012 at 11:35 PM

Anyone have a link to J.E.Dwyer’s blog?

JPeterman on October 25, 2012 at 11:23 PM

JPeterman:Here ya go:)
========================

canopfor on October 25, 2012 at 11:37 PM

Excellent point! Say, anyone ever commented at Breitbarts joints?

Bmore on October 25, 2012 at 11:33 PM

Even had Burt Prelutsky answer me.

Lanceman on October 25, 2012 at 11:37 PM

jaime on October 25, 2012 at 11:29 PM

I share that same view. OTOH, with the Tea Party and conservative movement, a mechanism exists to hold his feet to the fire and keep him to the right rather than letting him drift left. After this past election cycle, and even since the election of Bush I, we’ve become too complacent, just assuming that if we elect Republicans, that they would govern as conservatives. That was demonstrated to be a false assumption; good governance requires constant vigilance on the part of the citizens.

AZfederalist on October 25, 2012 at 11:37 PM

Ballerina

jaime on October 25, 2012 at 11:38 PM

The blocks are up to 10 per page refresh. Since I installed on just this one browser on this one machine. Over 750,000 blocks.

Bmore on October 25, 2012 at 11:38 PM

canopfor on October 25, 2012 at 11:23 PM

I just don’t get this ‘war-weary’ crap.

Shut the damn TV off!

Lanceman on October 25, 2012 at 11:25 PM

Lanceman:

Look at the plus side,er bright side,it nails Obama to a “T”!:)

canopfor on October 25, 2012 at 11:38 PM

NumbersMuncher ‏@NumbersMuncher
PPP tracking moves back to a tie at 48% (O+1 yesterday). Romney up 10 w/ indys. Sample is D+4 (D+7 in 08, even in 04/10).
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite

gumbyandpokey on October 25, 2012 at 11:39 PM

Lanceman on October 25, 2012 at 11:37 PM

Ever since Andrew died I don’t get over there much. Is the comment section interesting like this one?

Bmore on October 25, 2012 at 11:39 PM

Did everyone see this in the headlines? It’s a damn shame to allow this nut back in the House all for a bit of backing. And I can’t get my Basenjis out of 11th place either. This better not be a trend.

Cindy Munford on October 25, 2012 at 11:40 PM

There we go!

Lanceman on October 25, 2012 at 11:40 PM

He likes to say that, but IT’S NOT TRUE.

The truth is that Obama, Biden, Clinton, Pelosi, Reid, and the other Democrats inherited a RECOVERY and turned it into a severe recession.

The truth is that Democrats took majority control of Washington, D.C. on January 3, 2007 and “inherited”:

1) A FY 2007 deficit of less than $161 Billion.

2) Total National Debt under $8.7 Trillion.

3) Unemployment 4.4%

… to be continued …

ITguy on October 25, 2012 at 11:40 PM

Bmore on October 25, 2012 at 11:39 PM

I HATE the new format! HATE! Rarely go there.

Lanceman on October 25, 2012 at 11:40 PM

The clay figurine. Hey maybe it will tell us what the polls are saying about that new tramp stamp ad of 0′s.

Bmore on October 25, 2012 at 11:40 PM

INC on October 25, 2012 at 11:25 PM

Thank you Comrade. I read almost everything she wrote, but it would take me forever because of the terms/language she used, that I would then have to Google.

According to what MadisonConservative posted this morning, the Green Room was going to be like a chat room for Salem employee’s or something like that.

JPeterman on October 25, 2012 at 11:40 PM

… continued …

What did Speaker Pelosi, Senators Reid, Obama, Biden, Clinton, and other Democrats inherit from the Republicans on January 3, 2007?

4) “Discouraged Workers” (not counted in the unemployment number): 274,000.

5) Employment-population ratio (% employment for civilian noninstitutional population age 16 years and over): 63.4%

6) Zillow U.S. Home Value Index: over $190,000.

Now, every single one of those six measures is significantly worse than what the Democrats inherited in January 2007.

Incomes are down, too, but I don’t have the link for that statistic.

ITguy on October 25, 2012 at 11:41 PM

jaime on October 25, 2012 at 11:29 PM

Excellent assessment, Jamie. I think, as you do, that nothing could be any worse than Obama, and it’s only up from here.

I also think that Romney is going to make a difference on some of the domestic issues, like immigration, which will be a massive relief, both from an economic perspective and from a security perspective. :)

thatsafactjack on October 25, 2012 at 11:41 PM

Hmmm.
It sounds like the Green Room will become to Hot Air like the Corner is to NRO.
It could work out if we’re into that sort of thing.
22044 on October 25, 2012 at 11:33 PM

Without comments too. Bleh.

conservative pilgrim on October 25, 2012 at 11:41 PM

Cindy Munford on October 25, 2012 at 11:40 PM

Never did understand the appeal of that one. No accounting for taste I guess.

Bmore on October 25, 2012 at 11:42 PM

jaime on October 25, 2012 at 11:38 PM

Excellent. :)

thatsafactjack on October 25, 2012 at 11:42 PM

joekenha on October 25, 2012 at 11:16 PM

..it is a pathetic kluge.

By the way, let me apologize in advance for unloading on one of my favorite targets — Huge Hewittless — but have you ever gone over to his blog site and read any of his posts? I cannot believe how fraught virtually every one is with spelling and grammar errors. Sure, one can plead a hectic schedule, etc. but his screeds are incredibly slipshod — especially form a Con law perfesser and Harvard Law grad.

(That said, I am being a little punctilious. I do like Hugh when he goes on a rant or has some good guests.)

IMHO Hot Gas is pretty near the perfect blend of format, content, and proportion of comments. You go to blogs like Ace and get lost in a bewildering fog of interminable threads or the opposite at Pajamas Media — where practically every remark is a doctoral thesis…

..kinda like mine here, eh?

The War Planner on October 25, 2012 at 11:42 PM

I rarely went to the Green Room, but those guys were good when they made it to the front page, so they will be missed. The headlines are something that I always look forward to and shrinking that section isn’t good.

With that said, can we get rid of that silly ‘The War On Bacon’ nonsense? Don’t get me wrong, MKH is ok, but she should be writing, not having silly, boring, poorly-produced webcam discussions with that Kelly chick.

And on a positive, Erika is the best newest addition to the site.

Corporal Tunnel on October 25, 2012 at 11:42 PM

AZfederalist on October 25, 2012 at 11:37 PM

True, but not only that, the senate requires a bill to go through committee or be subject to a 3/5 cloture vote. It looks like we may not wind up with a majority in the Senate, but even if we do, compromise will be required on all but budgetary matters.

I wonder if it’s wrong to hope Romney is willing to govern by decree, same as Obama.

jaime on October 25, 2012 at 11:42 PM

gumbyandpokey on October 25, 2012 at 11:39 PM

No one cares. Go to bed, little one.

wargamer6 on October 25, 2012 at 11:43 PM

KOOLAID2 on October 25, 2012 at 11:32 PM

KOOLAID2:If I’m not mistaken,she is writing a book,and Navy Intel,
I’m sooooooooooo impressed!with her back-ground!:)

canopfor on October 25, 2012 at 11:43 PM

Ed Morrissey on October 25, 2012 at 9:38 PM
Bmore on October 25, 2012 at 11:35 PM

Thanks Bmore!

conservative pilgrim on October 25, 2012 at 11:45 PM

No one cares. Go to bed, little one.

wargamer6 on October 25, 2012 at 11:43 PM

Hold it! I do!

Lanceman on October 25, 2012 at 11:45 PM

Excellent point! Say, anyone ever commented at Breitbarts joints?

Bmore on October 25, 2012 at 11:33 PM

Big Hollywood was great before they combined all the bigs and required facebook or registration… John Nolte is always a great read.

equanimous on October 25, 2012 at 11:45 PM

canopfor on October 25, 2012 at 11:23 PM

Now that is a good endorsement

gophergirl on October 25, 2012 at 11:31 PM

gophergirl:I caught it early this morning,from:)

canopfor on October 25, 2012 at 11:45 PM

like immigration,

thatsafactjack on October 25, 2012 at 11:41 PM

That’s one of the issues I’m worried about. I wonder if it will help if the Republicans have a majority in both houses.

jaime on October 25, 2012 at 11:45 PM

The War Planner on October 25, 2012 at 11:42 PM

I like PJM but the commenting here is a lot more fun. :)

22044 on October 25, 2012 at 11:46 PM

10:00
The Seals are killed…after a 7 hour battle

Can there be anything worse than the #*&@ in our WH right now?

Ozmondias on October 25, 2012 at 9:56 PM

If this timeline is true, Obama is the most callous, evil, soulless person.

portlandon on October 25, 2012 at 10:58 PM

Obowma sleeps while brave Americans fight for their lives, after calling for help, that never comes…

… THIS!!!

Seven Percent Solution on October 25, 2012 at 11:46 PM

Excellent point! Say, anyone ever commented at Breitbarts joints?

Bmore on October 25, 2012 at 11:33 PM

Haven’t gone there; I have an ID on the Boss Emeritus’s site. That site is not laid out very well either.

AZfederalist on October 25, 2012 at 11:46 PM

Lanceman on October 25, 2012 at 11:45 PM

If you’re going to play with the balled one, I’d suggest hitting it with an aluminum baseball bat. You get more power.

wargamer6 on October 25, 2012 at 11:47 PM

Is the “new” greenroom” without comments so they can test submissions by hit count instead of comments? If so,, who’s our new weekend writer?

wolly4321 on October 25, 2012 at 11:47 PM

JPeterman on October 25, 2012 at 11:40 PM

Glad to help. I like J. E. Dyer quite a bit.

INC on October 25, 2012 at 11:48 PM

Rule #1: If it ain’t broke, don’t break it!

On top of breaking rule #1, you had to do it a few weeks before the election??

Blake on October 25, 2012 at 11:48 PM

Bmore on October 25, 2012 at 11:42 PM

According to some of the comments it is close even though it is heavy Democrat, I don’t understand the reasoning behind the lack of party support. I wish there was a way to let the Romney campaign know just on the chance that they will be back in Florida. Anyway, they won’t get better candidates if they just write certain areas off.

Cindy Munford on October 25, 2012 at 11:48 PM

wargamer6 on October 25, 2012 at 11:47 PM

It’s funny. I get home only to find threads all gummed up and I want him banned.

Then, later, I’m lookin’ all over for him. WTF?

Lanceman on October 25, 2012 at 11:49 PM

jaime on October 25, 2012 at 11:45 PM

Yes. It will help. However, as Obama has set the precedent for presidents using the EO to get what the want accomplished, I think all bets are off and the route to immigration enforcement is wide open. :)

thatsafactjack on October 25, 2012 at 11:49 PM

Lanceman on October 25, 2012 at 11:49 PM

He’s a cockroach.

wargamer6 on October 25, 2012 at 11:49 PM

ITguy on October 25, 2012 at 11:41 PM

..and then there’s the ABSOLUTE AND INDISPUTABLE FACT that HG is not only a blog, but a very good resource. ITGuy, Steebo77, canopfor, Bishop, tedc, Florah Duh, Del, rogerb — and, of course, RWM — to name only a small few. The ganze mespoche are entertaining, informative, thought-provoking, funny, and trenchant.

This is a GREAT place to hang out!

The War Planner on October 25, 2012 at 11:50 PM

The War Planner on October 25, 2012 at 11:42 PM

Go and check out Weasel Zippers. Zip never misses a headline, it’s short and to the point and I really like his War P0rn and pictures from the front. He also posts lots of news from the Middle East.

JPeterman on October 25, 2012 at 11:50 PM

..kinda like mine here, eh?

The War Planner on October 25, 2012 at 11:42 PM

The War Planner:Thats what I love about H/A,log in,and your ready
to post,same for sending e-mails to tips,bam..bam!:)

canopfor on October 25, 2012 at 11:50 PM

I like PJM but the commenting here is a lot more fun. :)

22044 on October 25, 2012 at 11:46 PM

..as I said, HG does not require you to write a table of contents, an index, nor does it even require you to research your footnotes!

The War Planner on October 25, 2012 at 11:51 PM

nathor is stoned.

Bmore on October 25, 2012 at 11:51 PM

On the local news tonight, two early voters using touch screens voted for Romney but Obama was highlighted on the screen. One voter called over a poll worker and he had er revote and it happened again!

Vince on October 25, 2012 at 11:51 PM

portlandon on October 25, 2012 at 10:58 PM

I know that jets couldn’t have rescued them but doesn’t it seem like a a numerous low passes could have scared the attackers off? Seems like it would have been worth a try until help could arrive.

Cindy Munford on October 25, 2012 at 11:52 PM

Gumby’s like a moped: fun to ride and play with until your friends see you. Then it just gets sad and awkward.

wargamer6 on October 25, 2012 at 11:52 PM

Vince on October 25, 2012 at 11:51 PM

Which state are you in?

Corporal Tunnel on October 25, 2012 at 11:52 PM

My Boy Lollipop

jaime on October 25, 2012 at 11:52 PM

Cindy Munford on October 25, 2012 at 11:48 PM

Seems to be the way of the GOPe. As Dire would say…………….

Bmore on October 25, 2012 at 11:52 PM

gophergirl on October 25, 2012 at 11:28 PM

Dole, from a distance and as so many Americans saw him in that race, could put a tree to sleep, but in person and in private one of the smartest and wittiest people you’d ever know. And, he was no where near the RINO he’s since been painted as. Just didn’t have the Q-factor for a big race in the big time, and he was running against one of the slickest, smartest liars of all time. Your vote, in other words, wasn’t wasted.

And yes, Romney has the know how to fix things and I think he will, by far bigger numbers than the pundits are talking about, he’ll be able to fix some things, if also we can take the Senate, don’t forget about that.

Glad you’re inspired, but WTH happened to the Vikes tonight?

TXUS on October 25, 2012 at 11:52 PM

wargamer6 on October 25, 2012 at 11:52 PM

Gumby’s a chubby chick?

Corporal Tunnel on October 25, 2012 at 11:53 PM

Howard Portnoy NY Manhattan Conservative Examiner

JPeterman on October 25, 2012 at 11:23 PM

Bookmarked. Thank you!

And I was another who was over at Townhall fairly often back in 2007 and 2008. Followed Hugh Hewitt and his consistent Romney boosting and enjoyed that site. Just stopped going after a while.

And when malware becomes an issue, then forget it. If that happens, then I guess we’ll all have to meet up over at Twitchy or something, because I’ll be gone from here.

Gingotts on October 25, 2012 at 11:53 PM

Glad you’re inspired, but WTH happened to the Vikes tonight?

TXUS on October 25, 2012 at 11:52 PM

That was pathetic. I think the defense forgot they were supposed to play tonight.

gophergirl on October 25, 2012 at 11:54 PM