Father of SEAL killed in Benghazi: Hillary told me, “We will make sure that the person who made that film is arrested and prosecuted”

posted at 9:46 pm on October 25, 2012 by Allahpundit

Via Glenn Beck, the bit about Hillary comes at the start of the second clip but both are worth listening to as an insight into how O, Biden, and Clinton allegedly operate in semi-private circumstances. The awkward “cueballs” line from Biden rings especially true, although I think he meant it as a compliment in his own oafish, hey-hiya-howareya way. With all due respect to Beck and Mr. Woods, though, I find Hillary’s comment about the movie significant for reasons different than they do. They seem to take it as evidence of a lie. She was pretending that the movie was to blame when we now know that the White House was tipped off to a terrorist connection in the earliest hours after the attack. Fair enough, but that gets back to the point I made last night: As far as I can tell, even now, the White House isn’t treating the “spontaneous outrage over a YouTube movie” and “organized terrorist attack” narratives as mutually exclusive. As recently as last week, long after the entire administration had finally gotten on board with the idea that this was in fact terrorism, the State Department was still looking at what role the Mohammed movie might have played in inspiring the attack. The going theory, I guess, is that the attackers seized on the uproar over the film elsewhere in the region as an incentive to hit the consulate in hopes of ingratiating themselves with people angry about the movie. That seems unlikely given how many people were involved and the sophistication of the weapons they used — there had to be some planning beforehand to pull this all together — but it beats the chump theory that none of this would have happened if jihadists’ delicate sensibilities hadn’t been inflamed. The assault on the embassy in Cairo pretty clearly used the movie as a pretext, to flex Islamists’ muscles; in theory, the attack on the consulate was a more vicious exercise towards the same end. As I said last night, The One and Hillary owe us a firm explanation on what their theory is.

What I found significant about this wasn’t the “movie protest” versus “preplanned attack” element, it was the fact that Hillary’s promise of vengeance to the father of a fallen SEAL wasn’t that we’d get the jihadis who killed him but that we’d punish the filmmaker. That’s perverse, but in keeping with the fact that she decided to run ads on Pakistani TV apologizing for the film while Islamist cretins menaced American diplomats across the region. Even if you give her the benefit of the doubt and assume that she had no intention of prosecuting the filmmaker but was merely telling Woods something she thought would console him, why on earth would she zero in on the filmmaker as the target of blame instead of the degenerates who actually shot his son? She and O need to answer. Let’s see how much they really value free speech. Simple question for both: Is Woods a liar or not?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

She’s evil.

Fallon on October 25, 2012 at 9:48 PM

IMPEACH THE PREEZY.

blatantblue on October 25, 2012 at 9:49 PM

Simple question for both: Is Woods a liar or not?

If you want me to choose between Hillary, Obama, and the father of a Navy SEAL, this must be a rhetorical question.

INC on October 25, 2012 at 9:50 PM

Hillary hates the First Amendment?

Who knew?

Bitter Clinger on October 25, 2012 at 9:50 PM

That messed up.

p0s3r on October 25, 2012 at 9:51 PM

Well a few days ago the WSJ said…

rogerb on October 25, 2012 at 9:51 PM

Did Amb. Stevens know about the video and did he think it was the reason that he was being targeted? Seems unlikely. And there is still that nagging question of why the extra security was denied. Shot, to hear the guy on Fox, security was reduced.

Cindy Munford on October 25, 2012 at 9:52 PM

MSM won’t run with the story, so for Hillary no harm, no foul.

Aplombed on October 25, 2012 at 9:54 PM

Hillary hates the First Amendment?

Who knew?

Bitter Clinger on October 25, 2012 at 9:50 PM

and the 2nd thru 10th.

RickB on October 25, 2012 at 9:54 PM

Obama and Hillary had already decided how this would play out—the filmmaker would be the scapegoat, and they thought the truth would never come out, or at least not until after the elections.

Instead, it’s been a slow and painful uncovering of their deceit. It’s been painful for the nation, and I bet they were really pained to have it backfire on them. If I were a parent of someone who died, I would be so livid. I would definitely be speaking out.

I think FOX News people were on it first and kept after it.

This is also another nail in Hillary hoping to escape unscathed if those orders she supposedly gave for security ever come out. She’s been complicit in the coverup.

INC on October 25, 2012 at 9:54 PM

What’s worse is that the story talk’s about how the military was not allowed to defend the Americans based on stop orders from above.

WashJeff on October 25, 2012 at 9:55 PM

If it’s not ok to assault a slut, then it’s not ok to assault an opinion-holder.

OldEnglish on October 25, 2012 at 9:55 PM

I thought Eli Lake had already reported about the intercepted phone call between two jihadists that they would use the Cairo protest as cover for the Benghazi attack..?

d1carter on October 25, 2012 at 9:56 PM

The Benghazi Consulate Attack Timeline

12:56
Sean Smith telegraphs through the gaming community… he believes they will be coming under attack and will need help…they are being watched via the drone in real time by State Department, Pentagon and WH…

Smith is expecting help within the hour

3:00
Gunfire

4:00
They are under full attack with shooting and RPG’s… but have called 3 hours earlier for help which they know is only 1 hour away … in Sicily,Italy

5:00
Obama, Biden and Panetta meet at the WH…still no help is ordered…still watching in real time via the drone.

Obama retires for the night , readying himself to go to a Vegas fundraiser

8:00
Stevens is murdered…dead

10:00
The Seals are killed…after a 7 hour battle

Can there be anything worse than the #*&@ in our WH right now?

Ozmondias on October 25, 2012 at 9:56 PM

IMPEACH ARREST THE PREEZY.
blatantblue on October 25, 2012 at 9:49 PM

Sorry – desperate times call for…
Maybe take a good part of Congress as well…

affenhauer on October 25, 2012 at 9:56 PM

I said it before and will say it again: Hillary would have been worse than Obama. She’s as evil as he is, but slightly more competent.

NoDonkey on October 25, 2012 at 9:57 PM

And no more Congressional hearings until November 15th and no court date for the man who supposedly made the video until November 9th.

I’m starting to hate these people.

JPeterman on October 25, 2012 at 9:57 PM

Words fall short in describing the truly despicable, repugnant behavior of our President and his Sec. State. Though I am certain the US media will forever turn a blind eye to this disgrace, it is one of the darkest moments in our history. Absolutely disgusting.

ghostwalker1 on October 25, 2012 at 9:58 PM

Hillary’s promise of vengeance to the father of a fallen SEAL wasn’t that we’d get the jihadis who killed him but that we’d punish the filmmaker…

Blame America

ghostwriter on October 25, 2012 at 9:58 PM

@Fallon—

They all are. How could they sit there and watch these people die? Woods’ son got the distress call and went to help, but someone high in the food chain nixed anyone else aiding them. Unbelievable. And then they lie about it. Blazenly.

conservative pilgrim on October 25, 2012 at 9:59 PM

If I were the jailed man’s attorney, I would file an emergency habeus motion and get my client out of jail tonight.

The fact that the government got him arrested based on his speech is a clear violation of the Constitution, even if there is an underlying probation violation.

Nessuno on October 25, 2012 at 9:59 PM

To bad she didn’t hunt down the maker of the video that pushed Vince Foster over the edge…

wolly4321 on October 25, 2012 at 9:59 PM

Well, I’m glad Hillary’s going after the film maker. Wouldn’t want to have to try to punish the actual killers. It’s not the Muslim extremists fault. They were provoked.

talkingpoints on October 25, 2012 at 10:00 PM

Powerful videos.

ritewhit on October 25, 2012 at 10:00 PM

NoDonkey on October 25, 2012 at 9:57 PM

You’re mostly right. Still, she’s pretty frickin’ incompetent, and would have been a train wreck. However, she would have had the sense to listen to her husband, tack back to the middle after the 2010 election.

ghostwriter on October 25, 2012 at 10:01 PM

JPeterman on October 25, 2012 at 9:57 PM

I’m pretty sure after the election they will quietly let him go with a little fanfare as possible.

Cindy Munford on October 25, 2012 at 10:01 PM

“I’m a retired attorney for six years I was an administrative law judge and in the several thousands cases I heard my job was to tell who was telling the truth and who wasn’t,” Woods explained. “There were four pods at Andrews Air Force Base and when he (Obama) came over to where we were I could tell he was very conflicted person who was not at peace with himself. Shaking hands with him quite frankly was like shaking hands with a dead fish. His face was pointed towards me but he would not look me in the eye. His eyes were over my shoulder and not in a forceful voice said ‘I’m really sorry Mr. Woods.’”

“And I could tell he was not sorry. He had no remorse,” Woods continued.

Obama is one petty, shallow, callous, selfish man.

conservative pilgrim on October 25, 2012 at 10:01 PM

For what, exactly? Did he make a film about the assassination of President Bush or something?

chewmeister on October 25, 2012 at 10:02 PM

From the way this Benghazi thing is playing out, sorta seems like somebody (Power? Jarret? Hillary? Holder?) pre-planned it to the extent that they established circumstances, established motive, established the fall guy (the schmuck who made the almost unknown video)….then let Moslem nature take its course…with the intent on pandering to the Mohammendans and the United Nations with the only other victims being those bitter clingers with their Bibles and guns and stuff…

Everything was just too damn convenient for this to be some sort of Intel Community-White House miscommunication.

coldwarrior on October 25, 2012 at 10:02 PM

Hillary needs to resign NOW. She is a complete disgrace.

WisCon on October 25, 2012 at 10:02 PM

Each day I get more angry over what this administration allowed to happen.

CoffeeLover on October 25, 2012 at 10:02 PM

To overcome this, she’s going to have to immediately leak the emails/cables proving that she asked for enhanced security in Benghazi and was denied/thwarted, if that’s true. Otherwise, she’s toast, forever. Shameful.

TXUS on October 25, 2012 at 10:03 PM

…why on earth would she zero in on the filmmaker as the target of blame instead of the degenerates who actually shot his son?

Because in this case your “degenerates” are actually jihadists and to focus on them detracts from how Barry’s incredibly brave decision to get bin Laden paralyzed the terrorist movement from the Middle East. The movie guy is right here in the US, easy to haul in to jail and make a scapegoat. You are aware that Barry was the only one ever born with the guts to make that decision and gosh darn it, well, we are not going to detract from the fact that he was the only one ever born gutsy enough to make that call.

DaveDief on October 25, 2012 at 10:03 PM

Vile witch!

Wigglesworth on October 25, 2012 at 10:03 PM

Each day I get more angry over what this administration allowed to happen.

CoffeeLover on October 25, 2012 at 10:02 PM

I get angry that this administration was allowed to happen.

ghostwriter on October 25, 2012 at 10:04 PM

I get angry that this administration was allowed to happen.

ghostwriter on October 25, 2012 at 10:04 PM

touche. You said it much better.

CoffeeLover on October 25, 2012 at 10:05 PM

What is the evidence that this video was the direct cause of the attacks on our embassy? I know that was the story coming out of Washington, but it has taken on the appearance of a cover story with little logic behind it, especially as the details dribbling out keep implying that everybody at State and the White House is lying to cover the administration’s lethal bungling of this episode.

flataffect on October 25, 2012 at 10:05 PM

And the legacy media is telling us the American people are just not interested in the Benghazi attack………….

d1carter on October 25, 2012 at 10:05 PM

INC on October 25, 2012 at 9:54 PM

They are running out the clock on this one and they’ll succeed because the media is complying and war-weary Americans are apathetic to international affairs right now.

Benghazi doesn’t affect the election. Romney knows this, which is why he didn’t bring it up in the last debate.

Corporal Tunnel on October 25, 2012 at 10:06 PM

TXUS on October 25, 2012 at 10:03 PM

She seems to think that she’s going to get away with this incompetence. The bad news is that she’s right about that. The good news is that Romney is going to be unbeatable when he runs for reelection in 2016.

ghostwriter on October 25, 2012 at 10:06 PM

Cindy Munford on October 25, 2012 at 10:01 PM

Only to be shot down cold in the middle the street the following day. See Theo van Gogh for further information.

JPeterman on October 25, 2012 at 10:06 PM

So we have the UN Amby, the Secty of State and the Pres who all want to “regulate” speech.. and side with the anti-defamation carpola. Sooo I’m gonna side with Woods.

kringeesmom on October 25, 2012 at 10:08 PM

No he didn’t , Biden was being jovial and trivializing the death of a hero. Clint Eastwood was right about him.
Biden has no manners and should not be brought out in public wthout a muzzle. He should be ashamed of himself but I guess he doesn’t even have that capacity since his brain fried long time ago. He is a dispicable creature who doesn’t derserve to be around normal Americans. He was never trained to be in polite society and he never learned anything himself.
No one should be protecting and defending this disgusting piece of sh**.

burrata on October 25, 2012 at 10:09 PM

LOVE this picture

Mitt’s Rally

gophergirl on October 25, 2012 at 10:09 PM

I really, really hope this isn’t true. It’s not that I can’t believe it, but it would just be completely sick for a member of the US government to say something like that.

Rollie on October 25, 2012 at 10:09 PM

Corporal Tunnel on October 25, 2012 at 10:06 PM

He can without this. However, it is helpful that the news broke when it did. Everybody knows about it, and the persuadable folks likely realize that this incident is another strike against Obama. This incident removes any doubt that this administration was an across the board failure. They got bin Laden despite themselves.

ghostwriter on October 25, 2012 at 10:09 PM

Looks like someone has eliminated the Jihadi leader.

RickB on October 25, 2012 at 10:10 PM

It just dawned on me the reason why Hillary, and O are so mad at the filmmaker is because they take it as a personal attack on them, making their lives harder as they try to negotiate with Isalmist, you know smart diplomacy….

alQemist on October 25, 2012 at 10:10 PM

==================================================================

I’m gonna say it………………………..

It sounds just like DEMONIZING Kenneth Starr,

for investigating Bill
The Sexual Predator!!!!!!!

Going after the Film-Maker as the Scape-Goat…..******NUTS********!

canopfor on October 25, 2012 at 10:11 PM

Is Woods a liar or not?

Seems like back when Cindy Sheehan was stalking George W Bush, the loss of her soldier son granted her supreme moral authoritative status. So by those rules, you can’t question Woods’ accuracy either.

Personally, regardless of the above, I wouldn’t question the veracity of the grieving father of a deceased American hero, but then, maybe I’m just easy that way.

bofh on October 25, 2012 at 10:12 PM

JPeterman on October 25, 2012 at 10:06 PM

While it was thoughtful of the media and the police to let everyone know where he lives, I can’t quite believe that that could happen here. I might be naive or overly optimistic but I don’t want to believe that.

Cindy Munford on October 25, 2012 at 10:12 PM

bye bye freedom of speech. I think if anything will cause me to vote for Mitt it is this. the way that filmmaker was treated in this country. The country of freedom was and is disgusting on the surface and terrifying once you really stop and think about what our federal government did

unseen on October 25, 2012 at 10:12 PM

The film maker is a political prisoner.

Norky on October 25, 2012 at 10:14 PM

NO mention of Zawahiri’s September 10, 2012, video eulogizing Abu Yahya al-Libi?

Christien on October 25, 2012 at 10:14 PM

Bret Baier of Special Report/Fox is running an updated special on what happened in Benghazi and what has come to light since 9/11 over the weekend.

I hope even more people tune in to watch.

CoffeeLover on October 25, 2012 at 10:14 PM

I want Romney to get to the bottom of this and expose these liars if it takes him his entire first term. This father tells it straight. “Dead fish” “Cueballs” These people are despicable.

DrStock on October 25, 2012 at 10:14 PM

I get angry that this administration was allowed to happen.

ghostwriter on October 25, 2012 at 10:04 PM

touche. You said it much better.

CoffeeLover on October 25, 2012 at 10:05 PM

Here I go again . . . . .

The 2008 Presidential election victory of Obama was due to the nomination of John McCain for the Republican ticket.

The nomination of John McCain in 2008 was totally due to open primaries. Period.

ABOLISH OPEN PRIMARIES.

listens2glenn on October 25, 2012 at 10:15 PM

I might be naive or overly optimistic but I don’t want to believe that.

Cindy Munford on October 25, 2012 at 10:12 PM

It happened. It was in your face…. brutal….. broadcasted over national TV. It was a clear and present danger to our basic freedoms and we as free people would be insane to not remember those actions when we enter the voting booth.

unseen on October 25, 2012 at 10:15 PM

The media, apart from Fox and blogs, have been dutifully burying the emails story for the last day+ since it came out. They will not report this.

Firefly_76 on October 25, 2012 at 10:15 PM

You all know nothing is going to happen to the poser, so don’t waste your breath

Conservative4ev on October 25, 2012 at 10:16 PM

God forbid that on (any) 9/11:

- you CLOSE any US Embassy 48 hours in advance
- all key personnel INSIDE
- Marine guards on extra alert
- host country providing EXTRA HIGHLY VISIBLE security starting 48-72 hours IN ADVANCE
- in certain parts of the world (Med, Persian Gulf) maritime based rapid response teams at the ready to IMMEDIATELY respond if host nation is unable to “repel boarders”

But THIS Administration blames a video for being unprepared and then lying about it…

NO-vember 6th can’t get here soon enough…

Khun Joe on October 25, 2012 at 10:17 PM

gophergirl…that is another awesome pic. I was watching the event online. Seeing Mitt Romney sing with Meatloaf, Big and Rich, and the guy from Alabama was fun too.

CoffeeLover on October 25, 2012 at 10:18 PM

This is where our biased media truly becomes infuriating. These liberal politicians have been trained that they can avoid consequences by lying. Hillary will come out unscathed because the MSM is too invested in her image.

MT on October 25, 2012 at 10:18 PM

That’s an abuse of power right there. Like one to be expected in a third world and/or Muslim regime.

VorDaj on October 25, 2012 at 10:18 PM

No one should be protecting and defending this disgusting piece of sh**.

burrata on October 25, 2012 at 10:09 PM

Absolutely, this is no different from someone “consoling” the parent of a murdered girl with the observation that “she had great t!ts”. It doesn’t matter if it was meant well or not. It is just beyond the pale for a civil society, and anyone not requiring major antipsychotic meds just knows that. “Joe just being Joe” is not a universal get-out-of-jail-free card.

bofh on October 25, 2012 at 10:19 PM

Obama is an islamist. Actually he’s an Obamist. But his sympathies are clearly with the foreign faith of his fathers.

wildcat72 on October 25, 2012 at 10:20 PM

The filmmaker is a political prisoner.

Norky on October 25, 2012 at 10:14 PM

First political prisoner of the Obama regime, Tony Rezko. Latest political prisoner of the regime, “the filmmaker.”

Fallon on October 25, 2012 at 10:21 PM

Who do you believe..

A Navy Seal or…

A Clinton…

Electrongod on October 25, 2012 at 10:21 PM

VorDaj on October 25, 2012 at 10:18 PM

Obama has, for the first time in American history, had someone arrested and imprisoned for blaspheming a FOREIGN religion.

islam isn’t American. It had nothing to do with our founding. It deserves NO special protections.

wildcat72 on October 25, 2012 at 10:21 PM

They have already implicitly answered. They are both degenerates themselves.

VorDaj on October 25, 2012 at 10:22 PM

Who do you believe..

A Navy Seal or…

A Clinton…

Electrongod on October 25, 2012 at 10:21 PM

I’ve met SEALs and Delta men. I’d believe them over what I myself believe.

wildcat72 on October 25, 2012 at 10:22 PM

unseen on October 25, 2012 at 10:15 PM

True, I guess I am not looking at Van Gogh’s murder as I did 9/11 or Ft. Hood, or the recruiting office murders. The differences are just in size and scope.

Cindy Munford on October 25, 2012 at 10:23 PM

I can’t wait till Romney wins the white house and we can detain and jail any democrat that has been on the internet for anything.

thanks for seeking utopia on earth you godless reprobates!

enjoy your hell!

tom daschle concerned on October 25, 2012 at 10:23 PM

wildcat72 on October 25, 2012 at 10:21 PM

Both Obama and Hillary have implicitly declared war on our nation and it’s Constitution.

VorDaj on October 25, 2012 at 10:24 PM

I’m to the point where I believe that anyone supporting Obama and his ilk are guilty by association.

natasha333 on October 25, 2012 at 10:24 PM

Hillary hates the First Amendment?

Who knew?

Bitter Clinger on October 25, 2012 at 9:50 PM

Hillary’s understanding of and respect for the U.S. Constitution is about as extensive as Obama’s. There’s good reason why the “smartest woman in the world” could not pass the D.C. bar exam (and it wasn’t because she was so desperately in love with Billy-boy that she couldn’t concentrate on the exam, which is the excuse she offered in her autobiography for why she flunked the test).

Like her boss Barry, Hillary just isn’t very bright.

AZCoyote on October 25, 2012 at 10:25 PM

…and now this damn Tropical Storm SQUIRREL will occupy the MSM for the next week…

bofh on October 25, 2012 at 10:25 PM

Father of Slain SEAL: Who Made the Decision Not to Save My Son?

On meeting Obama: “Could not look me in the eye … like shaking hands with a dead fish.”

Charles Woods, the father Tyrone Woods, who was killed in the 9/11
terrorist attack at the American consulate in Benghazi, Libya, reveals details of meeting Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton at the publically
broadcast memorial service for the slain Americans at Andrews Air Force Base only days after the attack. And, in a recent radio appearance, Woods publicly questions who made the call not to send in back-up forces
to possibly save his son’s life, as well as the three other Americans killed in Benghazi (which includes the American ambassador to Libya).

“When [Obama] came over to our little area” at Andrew Air Force Base, says Woods, “he kind of just mumbled, you know, ‘I’m sorry.’ His face was looking at me, but his eyes were looking over my shoulder like he could not look me in the eye. And it was not a
sincere, ‘I’m really sorry, you know, that you’re son died,’ but it was
totally insincere, more of whining type, ‘I’m sorry.’”

Woods says that shaking President Obama’s hands at his son’s memorial service was “like shaking hands with a dead fish.”

“It just didn’t feel right,” he says of his encounter with the commander in chief. “And now that it’s coming out that apparently the White House situation room was watching our people die in real time, as this was happening,” Woods says, he wants answers on what happened—and why there was no apparent effort to save his son’s
life.

Speakup on October 25, 2012 at 10:26 PM

Cindy Munford on October 25, 2012 at 10:12 PM

9/11/2001?

Fort Hood?

And I have been to Amsterdam many times, it’s a beautiful and safe city, much like most here in the U.S……….except for all bicycles and canals.

JPeterman on October 25, 2012 at 10:26 PM

Just when you think it cannot get worse. I have no words that represent how awful this administration is.

Philly on October 25, 2012 at 10:26 PM

From the State Department……

magical universe
of other people’s weapons is ludicrous
Can we – just to remove ourselves from rainbows and unicorns
Is that crazy land?

Press Relations » Daily Press Briefings » 2012 » October » Daily Press Briefing – October 25, 2012

Victoria Nuland
Spokesperson
Daily Press Briefing
Washington, DC
October 25, 2012
****************

Index for Today’s Briefing

LIBYA

U.S. Calling on All Sides to Exercise Restraint
U.S. Position is Clear, to Support Efforts of Libyan Government
——————————————————————-

QUESTION: The Foreign Ministry – Russian Foreign Ministry says that the United States is coordinating the delivery of weapons to illegal armed groups in Syria.

MS. NULAND: I hadn’t seen that statement by the Russian Foreign Ministry. I think we’ve been very clear that we are not providing any lethal assistance ourselves. We’ve been also clear that we are coordinating and talking with countries around the world that are supporting the opposition, including those who have made other choices than the ones that we have made, and that one of the things that we are working on, all of us, is to try to ensure that any support we give to the opposition is not going to extremists.

QUESTION: Well, so, if you’re saying now that you are coordinating with countries that made a different choice, is it incorrect for the Russian Foreign Ministry to say that you’re coordinating shipments of weapons to the rebels?

MS. NULAND: The implication that we are coordinating the shipment

of other people’s weapons is ludicrous.
****************************************

QUESTION: Well, but you just said that you were.

MS. NULAND: I said we are coordinating, as we have said –

QUESTION: With countries that have made another choice than you have.

MS. NULAND: Can I finish my sentence?

QUESTION: Yeah.

MS. NULAND: Yeah. This is not new. The Secretary’s been saying this since –

QUESTION: Is that crazy land? Is it crazy land in the magical universe? (Laughter.)

MS. NULAND: Say in some magical universe we have a complete cessation of hostilities by all regime forces and the other side is not complying after you have passed the Geneva plan under UNSC. We have identifiable individuals on the opposition side, we have clear leaders, we have countries around the world who are providing them with support. So obviously, one could envision opportunities to turn off that spigot that one could work through, including in UN Security Council language. But we are so far from that right now that we’re continuing to talk about the principles of how this could work.

QUESTION: Can we – just to remove ourselves from rainbows and unicorns for a second, back to the coordination, I don’t understand why it’s – why you say that the Russian Foreign Ministry suggestion is ludicrous that you are coordinating military shipments if you, in fact, say that you are coordinating with countries that are supplying weapons to the rebels. I understand -
=================

*********** Libya****************

QUESTION: The story in Libya and Bani Walid continues to grow in its cruel brutality. And the matter at hand is a systematic slaughter of Bani Walid’s population by what used to be anti-Qadhafi rebels for not towing the party line and not supporting Libya’s new rule and government quickly enough and with quite open heart. Only yesterday, on Wednesday, 600 local residents –

MS. NULAND: Is there a question here, or is this a political statement that you’re making here in the briefing room?

QUESTION: No, no, just a – I wondering, 600 people, local resident, were allegedly killed yesterday –

MS. NULAND: Can you tell me what news organization you’re from?

QUESTION: — and why this – and local appealing for the international aid and an international call, but why this call? Why these massacre completely ignored by the Western community and the – particularly by the U.S.?

MS. NULAND: Where are you from, please? What news organization?

QUESTION: Vera Volokhonovich, RT.

MS. NULAND: From Russian TV.

QUESTION: Russia. Yeah. Yeah.
(more….)

=======================================================

VIDEO:(38:56)

Daily Press Briefing – October 25, 2012

Oct. 25, 2012: U.S. Department of State Daily Press Briefing by Spokesperson Victoria Nuland in Washington, DC.

canopfor on October 25, 2012 at 10:27 PM

Khun Joe on October 25, 2012 at 10:17 PM

I’ve said it before, and I mean it even more this year: it should be official US policy to commemorate 9-11 by dropping a MOAB into a random ME city until they get the idea that f&$@ing with the US is not the best idea…

affenhauer on October 25, 2012 at 10:28 PM

60 years of darkness unless the disinfecting light of the sunshine show the truth.

tjexcite on October 25, 2012 at 10:29 PM

FREE THE FILMMAKER

John the Libertarian on October 25, 2012 at 10:30 PM

…wow!… she could have been our President!

KOOLAID2 on October 25, 2012 at 10:30 PM

Prosecute the whole lot of them! From Obama on down!

pilamaye on October 25, 2012 at 10:30 PM

Mr. Woods:

Sorry for the loss of your son.
I am also sorry the heads of this Administration are evil scumbags who put themselves over the country.
My hope is they are all brought to justice.

SmallGovtGuy on October 25, 2012 at 10:30 PM

Corporal Tunnel on October 25, 2012 at 10:06 PM

I think Benghazi affirms the narrative that this is an incompetent administration. The economy is more important to voters, but the Libya debacle confirms that even on foreign policy, they have been a disaster. Remember: bump in the road, not optimal. All on friendly tv shows.

monalisa on October 25, 2012 at 10:31 PM

Looks like someone has eliminated the Jihadi leader.

RickB on October 25, 2012 at 10:10 PM

How convenient.

Mimzey on October 25, 2012 at 10:31 PM

Looks like someone has eliminated the Jihadi leader.

RickB on October 25, 2012 at 10:10 PM

Why should anyone believe anything this regime says ?
How do we know an actual drone strike happened ?
How do we know who , if anyone at all , was killed ?
What is the proof that this was the same person who they claim him to be ?
What proof did they have that this was the guy responsible and how did they find it out and when ?
For all we know , absolutely nothing happened and this is just a propaganda ” news report” .
Afterall this is the same regime that first REMOVED the security and then REPEATEDLY REFUSED TO PROVIDE security to Americans .
Even when the regime was watching in real time it’s citizens being butchered, no one lifted a finger to DO ANYTHING .
The regime wanted these 4 to die.
The regime made sure of that.

burrata on October 25, 2012 at 10:32 PM

I’ve met SEALs and Delta men. I’d believe them over what I myself believe.

wildcat72 on October 25, 2012 at 10:22 PM

Right answer..

…wow!… she could have been our President!

KOOLAID2 on October 25, 2012 at 10:30 PM

5:00

Obama retires for the night , readying himself to go to a Vegas fundraiser

8:00
Stevens is murdered…dead

10:00
The Seals are killed…after a 7 hour battle

Can there be anything worse than the #*&@ in our WH right now?

Ozmondias on October 25, 2012 at 9:56 PM

If Smith was telling the gaming community he thought the consulate would be attacked, he saw something. Why would terrorists gather hours in advance before they began an assault? Were they leaning against brick walls and flicking the lids of their Zippos for a while?

Did Smith just have a bad feeling, consider the guy taking photos before?

Or was there a small protest that was getting bigger and drawing the attention of really nefarious people in town who thought it was a great chance to attack? And Smith knew the security was a joke, which made him fearful?

I want to (and do) believe Hill and Barry are trying to cover something up, even if it’s just their own butts. But the time gap between Smith indicating he smelled trouble and gunfire was 2 hrs. What did he see?

gatsbysgirlontheside on October 25, 2012 at 10:33 PM

VorDaj on October 25, 2012 at 10:24 PM

NEVER forget that a common thread in all the 1990′s attacks against us that Al-Queida launched during the Clinton years WAS THE FACT THAT VERY OFTEN OUR EMBASSY PERSONNEL (INCLUDING SOLDIERS) HAD NO ARMS OR AMMUNITION.

That was the Clinton Doctrine.

It surprises me not that Hildebeast made sure our Embassies had no defenses.

John Bolton for SOS.

wildcat72 on October 25, 2012 at 10:35 PM

********THE GOONS are Planning ***************************

Benghazi killers among terrorists poised to strike US targets, Israel and Egypt
DEBKAfile Special Report October 23, 2012, 7:53 PM (GMT+02:00)
**************************************************************

The counterterrorism forces of Israel, the US, Egypt and Jordan have gone on elevated terror alert ahead of the

three-day Muslim festival
***************************

of Eid al Adha
****************

starting Thursday night, Oct. 25, debkafile reports.
*****************************************************

They are acting on word received in the last ten days of preparations by Salafi and al Qaeda cells in Egyptian Sinai to unleash coordinated terrorist attacks on US and Egyptian targets in Sinai and across the border in Israel. The jihadis are bent on revenge for Israel’s targeted killing on Oct. 13 of Hisham Saidni and Abdullah al-Ashqar, two senior commanders of their Sinai-Gaza network, the Majlis Shura Al-Mujahideen
Israel’s IDF Sagi-512 Brigade and Shin Bet units are on guard around the Gaza Strip and Egyptian border; Egypt’s military, Interior Ministry and security forces are on high alert in Sinai; and the Multinational Force of mostly US units are on the ready at both its Sinai bases – Al-Gora near El Arish in the north and Sharm el-Sheikh in the south.
The US special forces unit posted last month on Jordan’s Syrian border was hurriedly transferred to the Red Sea port of Aqaba with a fleet of helicopters, in case the MFO comes under attack.

The Majlis Shura Al-Mujahideen is a roof organization of some 6,000 Egyptian, local Bedouin, Palestinian, Jordanian, Saudi, Yemeni and Libyan terrorists who subscribe to Al Qaeda’s jihadist philosophy. From their strongholds in central and southern Sinai, they have carried out most of the most recent spate of attacks on Israel and on Egyptian military targets in the peninsula.
After their combined assault of July 18 on Egyptian and Israeli military targets, in the course of which they massacred 18 Egyptian troops, Cairo announced the launch of a major offensive to root the terrorists out of their Sinai lairs. But four months on, the jihadis remain in control of large tracts of the rugged Sinai desert. And last week, they received a large increment from Libya. The Libyan reinforcements were discovered on their arrival in Sinai Oct. 15 with a large quantity of weapons including missiles, ready for the forthcoming Eid offensive.
Among them were some of the perpetrators of the murderous attack in Benghazi on Sept. 11which killed four Americans at the US consulate.
On the day they arrived, Al Qaeda’s Shumoukh Al-Islam website ran a eulogy for Hisham Saidni with a warning: “The blood of the Muslim heroes is not cheap, nor is it shed in vain. The Jews will pay dearly for every drop they spill and Israel should expect a devastating response.”

At the beginning of the week, intelligence watchers picked up the sudden disappearance of thousands of jihadis from their Sinai posts as though the earth had swallowed them up. It is suspected they have regrouped in locations closer to their targets ready to move.

This incoming intelligence prompted the US Statement Department’s travel advisory of Tuesday, Oct. 23, for US citizens visiting Sinai and Israel’s Chief of Staff Lt. Gen. Benny Gantz’s warning that coordinated terrorist attacks may be in store from Sinai and its northern borders with Lebanon and Syria.
============================================

canopfor on October 25, 2012 at 10:35 PM

Hillary’s comment puts her back in the lineup

She fell on her rubber sword for nothing

What a lying stinking disgusting work she is, to be polite. Stupid too because she didn’t have to finger the movie maker in the conversation

I cannot imagine how the father retains his composure as the lies continue day after day

sung to The Battle Hymn of the Republic:
Benghazi’s fallen will not rest inside the grave
For the Angels stand beside them
In a legion of the Brave

The Book must now be opened
that A Nation may be saved
As The Truth goes marching on

entagor on October 25, 2012 at 10:35 PM

OT-

Passed on a message from the young daughter of an editor of the magazine, the president remarked that he “does very in that demographic. Ages six to 12? I’m a killer … You know, kids have good instincts. They look at the other guy and say, ‘Well, that’s a bullsh**ter, I can tell.’”

Classy and presidential.

CW on October 25, 2012 at 10:36 PM

I’m not used to cryin’, never came easy for me, not even when I lost people close to me through war and sudden deaths and horrible diseases and such. But to hear how this man was being lied to about his son’s death from Obama and Hillary, the hero that he was, brought me to 3-year old girl tears. I don’t even know if Hell is big enough to house such despicable evil.

God damn them!

TXUS on October 25, 2012 at 10:36 PM

Newt is on Greta and says the administration’s fixation on the movie trailer as the cause of the attack is a psychological problem with the president and Hill.

Philly on October 25, 2012 at 10:37 PM

Hillary is really married to Ben Dover?

Who knew?

The Obama Administration would be going down in flames if we had a real media.

Benghazigate.

Shameful criminal liars.

profitsbeard on October 25, 2012 at 10:37 PM

OT:

Is anyone else seeing a “Green Room” tab under Headlines?

conservative pilgrim on October 25, 2012 at 10:38 PM