Video: Romney draws massive crowd to remote Colorado location

posted at 11:21 am on October 24, 2012 by Ed Morrissey

I’m not sure that there is anything that is directly noteworthy about a massive crowd for a major-party candidate at the end of the presidential cycle.  Both candidates will have at least 60 million people voting for them in this election, which means there are going to be lots of people who will show up for these kinds of events.  But will they climb hills and mountains and trek out to the middle of nowhere to do it?  The Denver Post put together this visually stunning video of Mitt Romney’s event at Red Rocks, which also shows the difficulties that attendees had in getting to the rally at all:

The rally itself didn’t disappoint, either.  Romney spoke to the 10,000 people who managed to climb into the venue and squeeze in among the rocks, telling them that Barack Obama’s time had passed — and so have his “status quo” ideas of governance:

A confident Mitt Romney, two weeks out from Election Day, spoke about his campaign as a movement sweeping the nation during a moonlit rally at Red Rocks Amphitheatre on Tuesday night.

Repeatedly, Romney referred to President Barack Obama as a president whose time has passed — out of ideas to improve the economy and out of touch with the needs of business owners. Romney said his own plans would restore American prosperity and prestige.

“The president’s status-quo campaign … is why he’s slipping, and it’s why we’re gaining,” said Romney, who was joined at the rally by running mate Paul Ryan. “It’s why this movement is growing across the country.”

Romney and Ryan weren’t shy about discussing the debates, either.  Romney told the crowd that they “supercharged” the campaign, an undeniable fact, especially in Colorado, which has suddenly lurched toward Romney in the polls.  It’s also undeniable in the fact that Romney could get this many people out to what looks like a fairly rugged venue for a big rally — and on a weeknight, too.

But even if that doesn’t impress you, be sure to watch the video for some gorgeous visuals of the crowd at twilight and in the evening.  That’s worth two minutes of your time.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

Hold on now, let’s think this through.

Bishop on October 24, 2012 at 11:58 AM
roflmao..:)

Dire Straits on October 24, 2012 at 11:59 AM

perroviejo on October 24, 2012 at 11:50 AM

Thanks. :)

Missy on October 24, 2012 at 11:59 AM

NO, NO, NO! I live 75 miles north of Tampa, I don’t want that scummy little clay boy anywhere near me.

Flora Duh on October 24, 2012 at 11:55 AM

Too late. Bark is going to swing by your place for a photo op and to use the bathroom.

Bishop on October 24, 2012 at 12:00 PM

Dave Rywall on October 24, 2012 at 11:40 AM

You told us you were leaving on the other thread, Dave.

So, how does it feel, knowing you can’t do a blessed thing about Romney being the next President of the U.S.?

kingsjester on October 24, 2012 at 11:44 AM

His mission is to come here and irk people, which he accomplishes successfully every single time. though I wouldn’t put it beyond him trying to cross the border over here and vote in some state, like many illegals do..am counting on the fact that his status as a member of the Canadian parliament wouldn’t allow him to do that bwahahaha :)

jimver on October 24, 2012 at 12:00 PM

Flora Duh on October 24, 2012 at 11:55 AM

Then don’t live in a swinging state!

Happy Nomad on October 24, 2012 at 12:00 PM

I bet it won’t be quite as big as many more people will be at work next time.

VegasRick on October 24, 2012 at 11:32 AM

That was a good one

antisocial on October 24, 2012 at 12:01 PM

Loool :) Harry Reid couldn’t gather three mormons to attend a rally of his :)

jimver on October 24, 2012 at 11:50 AM

All he has to do is “Call upon them” like Romney /s

weaselyone on October 24, 2012 at 12:02 PM

Meh…that’s not a bad crowd, I don’t guess…especially considering it appeals to people who are concerned about things like the economy.

BlueCollarAstronaut on October 24, 2012 at 12:02 PM

They drew quite a crowd in Nevada, too.

Naturally Curly on October 24, 2012 at 11:52 AM

Love the size of SloJoe’s crowd.

bayview on October 24, 2012 at 12:02 PM

gumbyandpokey on October 24, 2012 at 11:29 AM

You can get tickets here for the Barky event in Tampa, not nearly as remote as Red Rocks. Free tickets in a major metro and still available, aren’t you lucky.

Bishop on October 24, 2012 at 11:44 AM

Nobody wants that one on the go. his momma’s basement is safest for everybody.

jimver on October 24, 2012 at 12:04 PM

jimver on October 24, 2012 at 12:00 PM

Whenever I see him post I always think of alan colmes. Don’t know why.

VegasRick on October 24, 2012 at 12:04 PM

Does anyone else find it interesting that the Denver Post put the video together?

Cindy Munford on October 24, 2012 at 12:04 PM

Trump is offering Obama $5 million to release some records. That’s it.

JenWestin on October 24, 2012 at 12:04 PM

I should add, he’s offering the money to charity, not to Obama.

JenWestin on October 24, 2012 at 12:05 PM

I’m curious to know if they will change their theme come November…

Obama Bar and Grill

The food and beer is okay, though… Had to try it once.. I hope he isn’t getting a cut on the profits. If they actually do profit, I mean.

Al Hall on October 24, 2012 at 12:06 PM

Trump is offering Obama $5 million to release some records. That’s it.

JenWestin on October 24, 2012 at 12:04 PM

That’s huge/

JPeterman on October 24, 2012 at 12:08 PM

Al Hall on October 24, 2012 at 12:06 PM

I hear the lamb chops are not baaaaaaaad.
/sorry

VegasRick on October 24, 2012 at 12:09 PM

Trump is offering Obama $5 million to release some records. That’s it.

JenWestin on October 24, 2012 at 12:04 PM

Hee Hee – I love Trump.

gophergirl on October 24, 2012 at 12:10 PM

Cindy Munford on October 24, 2012 at 12:04 PM

Reminds me of the rats on the movie Titanic!!..:)

Dire Straits on October 24, 2012 at 12:13 PM

Tears in my eyes.

I’m so proud of my fellow Americans, who see that the course we have been on is just so wrong.

PattyJ on October 24, 2012 at 12:13 PM

Yesterday, my 6 year old son and I went to the rally here in the Vegas area. There had to be about 5000 people. We parked about 1/2 a mile away and walked up to the end of the line. We waited in line for about an hour and a half along Green Valley Parkway and Paseo Verde and that was AFTER the gates had been opened. It was a beautiful, sunny, albeit windy afternoon. Paul Ryan was hoarse and Mitt’s voice was getting there. When Romney came out on stage, I teared up. I don’t agree with him on some issues, but he is a leader and that’s what we need.

Chocktopus on October 24, 2012 at 12:14 PM

Dire Straits on October 24, 2012 at 12:13 PM

Sorry, no frame of reference, Titanic is on my anti-bucket list.

Cindy Munford on October 24, 2012 at 12:16 PM

When did Red Rocks become a remote location? It’s just south of Golden/east of Lakewood. We go there all the time – it’s one of the ‘go-to’ places to take out of town visitors sightseeing. I didn’t go last night but I’d much rather go there than try to go to City Center Park where Obama is appearing today (aside from considerations of who was appearing where). My wife talked to two different mothers of my middle daughter’s kindergarten class who where there and they said the atmosphere was unbelievable, as anyone who’s seen a concert at Red Rocks would tell you.

A dumb headline for a really cool event.

Long Legged MacDaddy on October 24, 2012 at 12:18 PM

West of Lakewood.

Long Legged MacDaddy on October 24, 2012 at 12:19 PM

I am heartened and glad to hear that RR drew this sort of crowd, but playing Red Rocks off as a “remote location” is more than a bit specious. It’s a major concert venue for the extended Dnver Metro area, after all.

PJ Emeritus on October 24, 2012 at 12:20 PM

Let’s see how big that crowd is, four years from now.

rickv404 on October 24, 2012 at 11:28 AM

I bet it won’t be quite as big as many more people will be at work next time.

VegasRick on October 24, 2012 at 11:32 AM

Winner!

HiJack on October 24, 2012 at 11:38 AM

You guys assume a lot about Romney. Expect your assumptions to be deflated. I’m already prepared.

rickv404 on October 24, 2012 at 12:20 PM

Cindy Munford on October 24, 2012 at 12:16 PM

LoLz..Thereis a scene where it show rats running from the water on the sinking ship ahead of the passengers!..:)

PS..Good movie..You should watch it!..:)

Dire Straits on October 24, 2012 at 12:21 PM

rickv404 on October 24, 2012 at 12:20 PM

We will see..Do you have someone better in mind??..:)

Dire Straits on October 24, 2012 at 12:22 PM

Come on, Red Rocks is a famous venue that holds big events and concerts on a perpetual basis. It’s filled up every weekend. Kudos to Romney for the crowd size, but trying to play it as some feat that this many people were even able to make it there and that they had to go through hell and high water to arrive is more than a little exagerrative.

Boomer_Sooner on October 24, 2012 at 12:23 PM

haven’t read the thread but Red Rocks is a major concert venue located in a massive sandstone amplitheatre right at the edge of the foothills of Denver a mile south of interstate 70. It looks down on the city below.

It’s the major concert draw for the area and one of the best settings in the world and was built during the work projects program

Great to see Romney filling it! Mittmentum

looks like Mitt knew a little more than he was saying about Benghazi, just brilliant

audiotom on October 24, 2012 at 12:26 PM

PS..Good movie..You should watch it!..:)

Dire Straits on October 24, 2012 at 12:21 PM

Can’t do it, even on your endorsement.

Cindy Munford on October 24, 2012 at 12:26 PM

I wouldn’t attend an Obama event if it was being held in my living room.

Even if there was free beer.

NoDonkey on October 24, 2012 at 11:56 AM

Thank goodness I will never have to suffer the indignity of a Obama presidential visit. Free beer or not. I don’t suppose he even admits that South Dakota is one of the 57 states now that people are no longer talking about carving his face onto Mt. Rushmore.

Lily on October 24, 2012 at 12:26 PM

Boomer_Sooner on October 24, 2012 at 12:23 PM

Every weekend the traffic is backed up for hours? They’re doing it wrong.

Cindy Munford on October 24, 2012 at 12:27 PM

Cindy Munford on October 24, 2012 at 12:26 PM

I understand!..:)

Dire Straits on October 24, 2012 at 12:28 PM

Hey all, I just voted absentee.

Go Romney/Ryan!

fossten on October 24, 2012 at 12:30 PM

Hmmm. This is a lot like Obama 2008. Except its not Obama. LOL

pat on October 24, 2012 at 12:34 PM

Whenever I see him post I always think of alan colmes. Don’t know why.

VegasRick on October 24, 2012 at 12:04 PM

alan colmes face is banned from my TV, so I’d ban this one easily too, only I don’t get to decide that :) ..what irritates me the most are his attention-seeking

HA
HA
HA
HA
worse than a four year old.. If you have something to say, say it, but a whole comment of HA, HA, don’t know what they teach them there, in the Canadian Parliament :)…even gumby sounds more mature (like three year older) by comparison :)

jimver on October 24, 2012 at 12:35 PM

Biden: “Oh, so now you’re JFK Bono, huh?”

h/t AoSHQ

Christien on October 24, 2012 at 12:37 PM

Red Rocks is a famous venue. As an avid concert goer, someday I’ll make it there.

Donald Trump should be specific with his charity offer for Obamas transcripts. Perhaps set up a $5 million scholarship to attend Sidwell Friends School for underpriveleged children in the D.C. area. Let Obama send his daughters there, but deny poor children the opportunity.

MichaelGabriel on October 24, 2012 at 12:40 PM

Dave Rywall on October 24, 2012 at 11:40 AM

Hi, Uncle Red!

Actually, Red Rocks was originally built with private funds by a single guy, John Walker. The later CCC project was simply a rebuild and expansion.

F-

Del Dolemonte on October 24, 2012 at 12:41 PM

BREAKING: Today is October 24, 2012, and U2 played Red Rocks on June 5, 1983.

Just wanted to point that out, since nobody else thought of it.

Christien on October 24, 2012 at 12:42 PM

Picky,picky,picky. If Ed had not used the word remote 1/2 the post would disappear.

I don’t live in colorado. looks remote to me. looked remote to Ed.

gerrym51 on October 24, 2012 at 12:45 PM

Would have loved to have been there. Nothing fun ever happens here in NYC. :(

Urban Infidel on October 24, 2012 at 12:51 PM

Ed had not used the word remote 1/2 the post would disappear. I don’t live in colorado. looks remote to me.

Sure, it “looks” remote, but the Denver suburbs extend at least 24 miles out; Red Rocks is only about 10 to 12 miles outside the city. That is not remote. I thought Ed would have tweaked the headline by now. Why? Accuracy matters.

G. Charles on October 24, 2012 at 12:55 PM

You guys have to check TMZ. They got some really nasty stuff about Mitt Romney. It’s really ugly.

SoulGlo on October 24, 2012 at 11:34 AM

I would rather not get my political discussion from a site that specializes in having discussion on the amount of cleavage shown at the Emmys.

Just like I don’t come here for my dose of cleavage.

OBQuiet on October 24, 2012 at 1:03 PM

I guess it is all relative. I would not have called it ‘remote’ but if as others have said, it is about a half hour drive for most attendees, it was certainly NOT as convenient as an in-city stadium.

Attending took at least a little com-MITT-ment.(sorry, had to do it)

OBQuiet on October 24, 2012 at 1:07 PM

I don’t live in colorado. looks remote to me. looked remote to Ed.

gerrym51 on October 24, 2012 at 12:45 PM

Do you really have to live in Colorado to have heard of Red Rocks? Do you think the dozens of live albums and videos of concerts that have been recorded there were done in front of audiences who trekked out to the middle of nowhere? Do you think they built a concert venue in the 1930′s that holds 10,000 people in a ‘remote location’? I love Hot Air and I love Ed but it’s a stupid, stupid headline that will only bring ridicule to this site. I figured he would have changed it by now.

“An accompanying concert video entitled U2 Live at Red Rocks: Under a Blood Red Sky was released the following year. Unlike the album, the film was recorded entirely at the dramatic outdoor Red Rocks Amphitheatre on 5 June 1983. The band’s performance of “Sunday Bloody Sunday” from the film has been cited as one of Rolling Stone’s “50 Moments that Changed the History of Rock and Roll.”

Long Legged MacDaddy on October 24, 2012 at 1:10 PM

Remote location?! Red Rocks is in Morrison, CO, about 5 miles from suburban Denver, maybe closer, just over the hill from over 1.5 million people in the Denver area. Not immediately surrounded by dense population, but very close, not really “remote.” Flight for life could be there in five minutes or sooner. Big crowd, though, in overflow, and some reports that thousands were turned away.

limmo on October 24, 2012 at 1:13 PM

West of Lakewood.

Long Legged MacDaddy on October 24, 2012 at 12:19 PM

Red Rocks is west of Lakewood and Denver but if you have ever gone to a concert it is not like walking into a building. You have to walk up steep path then walk down to the seats. I sure hope they had golf carts for the elderly people.

KBird on October 24, 2012 at 1:14 PM

Long Legged MacDaddy on October 24, 2012 at 1:10 PM

Oh, jeez, lighten up already, to some people Colorado itself looks remote lol :)…so, there…

jimver on October 24, 2012 at 1:17 PM

I live in mass. have never heard of red rocks. I’m sure there are many venues i’ve never heard of.

gerrym51 on October 24, 2012 at 1:19 PM

SoulGlo on October 24, 2012 at 11:34 AM

Only retards read TMZ…

jimver on October 24, 2012 at 1:19 PM

“Romney draws massive crowd to remote Colorado location”

Are you kidding me? It’s not the dark side of the moon. It’s next to E470, and the roads are paved. We even have electricity out here.

The author has been watching “Jeremiah Johnson” too many times. It makes me wonder if he/she has ever been to Red Rocks.

Red Rpcls extremely easy to get to from Denver. It’s even ADA accessible.

Nice crowd though. It looks like they overflowed the parking lots.

corbeck on October 24, 2012 at 1:21 PM

BREAKING: Today is October 24, 2012, and U2 played Red Rocks on June 5, 1983.

I have to admit this. I have heard of Bono and U2. I would NOT know any of their songs unless someone told me although i’m sure i probably have heard some.

gerrym51 on October 24, 2012 at 1:22 PM

Dick Dryrot

…IT…fell off…now the brain is rotting…slowly!

KOOLAID2 on October 24, 2012 at 1:22 PM

KBird on October 24, 2012 at 1:14 PM

I’ve been to many concerts there including one where my wife trudged up those horrendous paths a week before giving birth. Where would you rather try to park and attend a campaign appearance – at Red Rocks or at City Center Park where Obama is supposed to appear today?

But all of this is missing the point. The point isn’t that Romney got a bunch of people to show up at a ‘remote location’ (from which you can see the entire city of Denver) the point is that Romney freaking filled one of the elite concert venues on the face of the earth and turned another 5000 people away. That should have been the headline.

Long Legged MacDaddy on October 24, 2012 at 1:24 PM

Was that Susana Martinez appearing to Romney’s side in the video?

jimver on October 24, 2012 at 1:24 PM

rickv404 on October 24, 2012 at 12:20 PM

7.8% unemployment (riiight…), under 63% workforce participation rate, 14.7% underemployment….

So, basically, some low-grade moron can become president and do better than Obama. Sorry to break it to you, chump, but if we change those numbers by two points to the better, it’s STILL far better than O’dumbass has ever done.

I think Romney is the last person I would have picked for the Republican ticket, but even he can do better than the communist in the white house.

Turtle317 on October 24, 2012 at 1:28 PM

I was there with my family and another family.

Awesome does not describe what happened last night. And they weren’t even selling beer.

patman77 on October 24, 2012 at 1:29 PM

does not “even”…

patman77 on October 24, 2012 at 1:30 PM

Whoever suggested holding a Romney-Ryan rally at Red Rocks should get a medal.
I heard from a friend who works at the amphitheatre that the venue was just booked last week, before the third debate. I got there at about 5pm, so only had to walk a mile (mostly vertical). Very enthusiastic crowd, from elderly to infants. Lots of school age kids, including high school, and tons of twenty-somethings, which is a great harbinger for the GOP’s future.

I wish I could post pix on a comment thread (sorry, Claudia!) as you would all love the two young women with the bright pink buttons: “Hot Chicks vote Republican”.

State Rep Kathleen Conti, who I chatted with for nearly 15 minutes as we strolled up the road to the security stations, had a great t-shirt: “Take a break from socialism – Time for some R & R”.

The energy from the crowd was fantastic, definitely standing room only and then some. Great welcoming speech from Gov. Susana Martinez of New Mexico.

Wish y’all could have been there.

Easy to get a crowd. lots of Mormons to call upon to get to red rock. so funny.

Ricki on October 24, 2012 at 11:32 AM

Lots of non-Mormons came too, including the couple who were sorely disappointed when they discovered we were standing in line to buy water, not beer. Not all Mormons are Romney fans, anyway; and, contrary to popular opinion, it’s about as easy to herd Mormons as it is to herd cats.

AesopFan on October 24, 2012 at 1:37 PM

Long Legged MacDaddy on October 24, 2012 at 1:10 PM

The band’s performance of “Bad” at Live Aid really changed the history of rock and roll.

IamDA on October 24, 2012 at 1:42 PM

This “remote location” you wrote was “in the middle of nowhere” is all of 15 miles from Denver.

Should’ve checked http://redrocksonline.com/HoursDirectionsMaps.aspx, Ed, instead of relying on your imagination.

bgoldman on October 24, 2012 at 1:44 PM

gerrym51 on October 24, 2012 at 1:22 PM

You have. This, for example, is one they are best known for.

IamDA on October 24, 2012 at 1:45 PM

Since no one else has pointed out that Red Rocks is NOT a “remote location,” I’ll do the needful and point out that Red Rocks is NOT, repeat, NOT a “remote location.”

Repeat: Red Rocks is NOT a “remote location.”

Sheesh, you’d think one or two posters would note that at least once or twice by now.

/6,000 “Red Rocks is NOT a remote location” comments or bust!

Christien on October 24, 2012 at 1:50 PM

Red Rocks is a fabulous concert venue and a very cool place with a great museum about the history of the area. Terrific acoustics to boot.

MarkT on October 24, 2012 at 2:00 PM

I’m a little late on the scene, and I didn’t read all the comments, but you should all know that Red Rocks was WAY over capacity.
They can only officially hold 9450 people, but there were people standing on the seats, in front of the seats, and in the aisles everywhere.
they said it was 10,000 people on the Denver Post, but walking up and down the aisles, and back and forth, it was plain to see that it was packed way beyond official capacity.
Let’s see how the light one packs City Park today…

Oh, and by the way, they didn’t close off the highways or any streets as far as I could see to do this.

I wish it was the same for el Presidente.

Few Things Considered on October 24, 2012 at 2:07 PM

rickv404 on October 24, 2012 at 12:20 PM

He’s not Obama, I’m prepared for that to remain a true assumption and expect no preparation to be necessary.

Cindy Munford on October 24, 2012 at 2:11 PM

Sounds and looks like the April 2010 Sarah Palin event in Searchlight, to which we drove from Southern California.

GaltBlvnAtty on October 24, 2012 at 2:18 PM

Dave Rywall on October 24, 2012 at 11:40 AM

Too bad you held YOUR President to such a low standard. It made it easy for him to lie, which made him an even worse President than he would have otherwise been, having no experience and all. Maybe if you want to win you should raise the bar on your own people instead of nitpicking the other side to death.

Night Owl on October 24, 2012 at 2:28 PM

Night Owl on October 24, 2012 at 2:28 PM

Dave is Canadian, in case you don’t already know.

Christien on October 24, 2012 at 2:43 PM

I actually use the screen name U2Denver because of the famous U2 concert at Red Rocks .I live near there half the time ( the other half in Ohio)and I run at Red Rocks almost every day I’m there. I much rather attend an event there than City Park . I would imagine the parking situation will be much easier at Red Rocks than in the middle of the neighborhood surrounding the 16-23th avenue area,I think people will actually have to walk farther.You can get on the interstate much quicker from Red Rocks than City Park but I guess Ed M. thinks people had to use a wagon train to get to such a desolate location as Red Rocks .But I guess the GOP/Hot Air will be happy President Obama will not get the 70,000 people he had see him at an event in Denver 4 years ago .

U2denver on October 24, 2012 at 2:47 PM

I did, 6 minutes before you.

bgoldman on October 24, 2012 at 2:54 PM

“It’s nothing like the ones Sandra Fluke brings in, though. The War on Women is clearly more of a concern for people right now.”

BlueCollarAstronaut on October 24, 2012 at 12:02 PM

You mean all five that showed up at the Pak-n-Save parking lot last week?

kemojr on October 24, 2012 at 2:54 PM

U2denver on October 24, 2012 at 2:47 PM

I hope you vote in Ohio :)..

jimver on October 24, 2012 at 3:05 PM

Night Owl on October 24, 2012 at 2:28 PM

Does Canada have a president?

Cindy Munford on October 24, 2012 at 3:05 PM

Night Owl on October 24, 2012 at 2:28 PM

Does Canada have a president?

Cindy Munford on October 24, 2012 at 3:05 PM

A representative of the queen, called Governor General of Canada, but it’s largely symbolic…

jimver on October 24, 2012 at 3:07 PM

I remember seeing a Yanni concert held there and broadcast as a fundraiser for PBS it looked beautiful on tv. The music was great, too.

karenhasfreedom on October 24, 2012 at 3:15 PM

jimver yes !!! I have the immense pleasure of Helping President Obama win Ohio and win re-election as President ,and Sherrod Brown ( the best Senator in America) become Senator again ,and a few years ago I got to help beat the tea party candidate in Colorado by helping vote in Democratic Senator Michael Bennet when I was registered there .It is cool to live in two such important states politically.

U2denver on October 24, 2012 at 3:15 PM

Why does Ed do a whole post on this and not mention that 10,000 were allowed in because that’s capacity but 25,000 showed up trying to get in!

It was all over twitter and seems like an obvious thing to include.

jaygatz33 on October 24, 2012 at 3:20 PM

First it’s because Red Rocks Amphitheater is naturally beautiful, Second is because it is not out in the middle of nowhere as you suggest.

The roads to Red Rocks are good and lots of parking available, maybe 30-60 min drive. No greater drive time than it would take to reach any similar large public venue in the area.

Lawrence on October 24, 2012 at 3:20 PM

Are you KIDDING me Ed? What a ridiculous, biased, ignorant article and headline. “Remote Colorado location” ROFL. You DO know that Red Rocks is the biggest concert venue in all of Denver and indeed the entire state, and is about as far from Denver as Patriot Stadium is from Boston…right? Right???

Daikokuco on October 24, 2012 at 3:20 PM

Ed, I thought this headline was a joke when I read it. This is a great turnout for Romney, but Red Rocks is a very established, highly regarded venue that holds around 10K. It may look difficult to reach, but it isn’t.

Missy on October 24, 2012 at 11:25 AM

Umm yeah it is genius. I lived in Denver for 3 years and went to Red Rock many times…it takes like 10 minutes walking up steep stairs to get into the damn place and many people expressly go there just to work out by going up them…

jaygatz33 on October 24, 2012 at 3:23 PM

U2denver on October 24, 2012 at 3:15 PM

Oh, so you are trolling here…hope this gives you as as much pleasure and tingle as playing with yourself and voting for Obysmal do :)…

jimver on October 24, 2012 at 3:26 PM

jaygatz33 on October 24, 2012 at 3:23 PM

Ooh 3 years! We have an expert transplant on the witness stand! A true authority on Colorado, maybe you should run for congress like Bennett or that piece of crap running against Coffman right now. Transplants coming to Colorado and running their mouths and trying to act authoritative is out of control.

Daikokuco on October 24, 2012 at 3:26 PM

Cindy Munford on October 24, 2012 at 12:04 PM

I think since DP endorsed Obama, this is their attempt to appear “objective”. As if. . .

Let’s see how the light one packs City Park today…

I wish it was the same for el Presidente.

Few Things Considered on October 24, 2012 at 2:07 PM

Few, I live up in the mountains. A storm is brewing up here (suspect snow tonight). What’s it doing on the front range? Wondering if it will rain on O’s parade?

COgirl on October 24, 2012 at 3:28 PM

jimver ,your pathetic sick comments reveal how sick and twisted you are , the sad thing for you is If Mitt Romney read what you wrote he would reject you while the President would be proud of my comments and he would be proud I am voting for him …

U2denver on October 24, 2012 at 3:35 PM

jaygatz33 on October 24, 2012 at 3:23 PM

Daikokuco on October 24, 2012 at 3:26 PM

Ha, you seem like a real loser. Three years and countless trips to Red Rock to work out and concerts gives me the authority to note that it isn’t simply “easy” to get into for many people. Now F off.

jaygatz33 on October 24, 2012 at 3:42 PM

U2denver on October 24, 2012 at 3:35 PM

Am sure you will please the president all right with your ‘comments’ :)….he’d be so proud, he’d even put a dollah’ in your boxers, or is it panties? :)…btw, do you do the pole routine for him too? :)…coz if you do, you can do a coreographed duet with our regular gumbey here :) …

jimver on October 24, 2012 at 3:43 PM

Chocktopus on October 24, 2012 at 12:14 PM

I was so sorry to miss that rally yesterday. I heard on the radio this morning that there was over 6.000 people.

Jvette on October 24, 2012 at 3:45 PM

jimver , just keep melting down with your mental sickness ,each trashy classless comment exposes you for the pathetic person you are and once again Mitt Romney would be embarrassed by you and he would reject you as a backer faster than he even did GOP Rep Todd Akin…

U2denver on October 24, 2012 at 3:50 PM

jaygatz33 on October 24, 2012 at 3:42 PM

You must be an obese slob if you genuinely think its that tough. LOL. I should be the one telling you to eff off, but fortunately you already did, after 3 years of infestation. Don’t come back, bub.

Daikokuco on October 24, 2012 at 3:53 PM

jimver , just keep melting down with your mental sickness ,each trashy classless comment exposes you for the pathetic person you are.

U2denver on October 24, 2012 at 3:50 PM

Ok, dude/dudette, enough bad quality trolling for you for today…talking of meltdown, is there a reason you are here other than you are desperate that your boy is losing and you want to take the temperature/pulse around here a little :)….besides don ‘t you have anything better to do than trolling a con blog, don’t know, like voting twice maybe (in OIHO and CO), like you and your Dim ilk usually do :), or just run to daily kos for comfort…either one would ‘please’ us tremendously :)…

jimver on October 24, 2012 at 4:01 PM

I used to go to rock concerts there and I never saw crowds like that. Even as a teenager the climb up is steep and could be exhausting. Depending on where you ended up parking it’s an hour or so hike. So I’m impressed!

scalleywag on October 24, 2012 at 4:22 PM

it’s an hour or so hike. So I’m impressed!

make that COULD be up to an hour or so hike.

scalleywag on October 24, 2012 at 4:23 PM

I walk from the very bottom of Red Rocks to the top in twenty minutes so an hour ? seems crazy to me

U2denver on October 24, 2012 at 4:29 PM

And after the rally, the whole crowd went out for Chick-Fil-A!

Galtian on October 24, 2012 at 4:57 PM

What a ridiculous, biased, ignorant article and headline Daikokuco on October 24, 2012 at 3:20 PM

You were expecting fair and balanced like NBC/CBS/ABC? I imagine LEd was going by what the video stated, why get your azz on your shoulders?

Cindy Munford on October 24, 2012 at 5:09 PM