Quotes of the day

posted at 10:56 pm on October 24, 2012 by Allahpundit

KATTY KAY, BBC: It’s so far from what it was in 2008, right? When he was talking — in this stage in the campaign two weeks before the election and he had all that momentum and he was talking about all the things that he was going to do in the country. And that was an agenda campaign. I mean, he was promising to change the way Washington works, to change the way politics works here.

And now, I guess Chicago has said, ‘Hey, we think this Romnesia idea is your ticket to reelection, Mr. President, in the last two weeks.’ I think you’re right — it’s sort of depressing, if that’s what it comes down to.

Maybe it’s just that it’s gone on too long. Maybe we just got to the stage where there’s nothing left of importance to say.

***

His ground game is at near parity in early voting with the GOP, the GOP is more energized, and he is going to lose both [North Carolina and Florida].

But he will not stop spending money in those two states and redirect the resources to Ohio, which is now a must win state for him. He will not do it because he does not want news stories to come out in the last two weeks of the campaign that he’s closing up show in two battleground states.

That would convey weakness and demoralize the base.

But they are losing.

***

The campaign Obama is waging today could be trumpeting the products of a successful pivot back to pro-business tax cutting competence, reclaiming the national agenda following the rise of the tea party movement. But he never did, and even today, the second term agenda he’s laid out seems more like a repeated insistence that his original course was the right one, consarnit.

Gone are the days of hope and change – now it’s just one long bout of concern trolling. It’s as if the bitterness of the 2010 rebuff has stayed with Obama ever since, gnawing at him, preventing any reflection on his choices. Maybe it’s because it’s the first time anyone’s told him “No.”

***

You may recall that last spring, just after Mr. Romney locked up the Republican nomination, Mr. Obama’s team abruptly switched its strategy for how to define him. Up to then, the White House had been portraying Mr. Romney much as George W. Bush had gone after John Kerry in 2004 – as inauthentic and inconstant, a soulless climber who would say anything to get the job.

But it was Mr. Clinton who forcefully argued to Mr. Obama’s aides that the campaign had it wrong. The best way to go after Mr. Romney, the former president said, was to publicly grant that he was the “severe conservative” he claimed to be, and then hang that unpopular ideology around his neck…

The bottom line here is that one can over-think this whole notion of framing your opponent. Ninety-nine times out of 100, the line of attack that works best is the one that really rings true. In the case of Mr. Romney, whatever his stated positions may be, the idea that he’s a far-right ideologue, a kind of Rush Limbaugh with better suits and frosty hair, just doesn’t feel especially persuasive.

***

But the idea that it was only Clinton that advocated this strategy or that without his influence the geniuses running the Obama campaign would not have made this mistake is so patently self-serving on the part of his sources that it’s a wonder that a generally savvy observer like Bai doesn’t point this out.

If anything this omission, like the general thrust of his piece, points to an effort by Obama’s chief strategists to get out in front of the story of who led the president to defeat. Moreover, it is hard not to avoid the suspicion that pointing the finger at Clinton is a way of reminding him that if he thinks Obama loyalists owe him for his herculean efforts on behalf of the president he’s got another thing coming. Especially, that is, if he tries to call in IOUs from the Obama camp on behalf of another presidential run by Hillary Clinton in 2016.

But no matter where the Democratic fingers are pointing, the fact that they are already starting to blame each other for an Obama loss has to send chills down the spines of Democrats who are still operating under the assumption that Romney can’t win.

***

[I]f you’re looking for a reason (besides, of course, the national polling showing an ever-so-slight Romney edge) why the media narrative has tilted toward the Republicans over the last week or so, I think the Romney campaign’s guarantee of victory has mattered much less than the Obama campaign’s recent aura of defeat.

Losing campaigns have a certain feel to them: They go negative hard, try out new messaging very late in the game, hype issues that only their core supporters are focused on, and try to turn non-gaffes and minor slip-ups by their opponents into massive, election-turning scandals. Think of John McCain’s desperate hope that elevating Joe the Plumber would change the shape of the 2008 race, and you have the template for how tin-eared and desperate a losing presidential campaign often sounds — and ever since the first debate cost Obama his air of inevitability, he and his surrogates have sounded more like McCain did with Joe the Plumber than like a typical incumbent president on his way to re-election. A winning presidential campaign would not normally be hyping non-issues like Big Bird and “binders full of women” in its quest for a closing argument, or rolling out a new spin on its second-term agenda with just two weeks left in the race, or pushing so many advertising chips into dishonest attacks on its rival’s position on abortion. A winning presidential campaign would typically be talking about the issues that voters cite as most important — jobs, the economy, the deficit — rather than trying to bring up Planned Parenthood and PBS at every opportunity. A winning presidential campaign would not typically have coined the term “Romnesia,” let alone worked it into their candidate’s speeches.

***

Obama senses it, but can’t quite believe it. He seems confused by how easily Romney started punching over his weight class on October 3rd. He seems surprised that the last two debates didn’t drop Governor Romney’s numbers like a rock. He’s frustrated that Romney is a happy warrior now, and it shows. He’s visibly irritable because all the press hits and ads and field work…and so, so much money… haven’t reduced Mitt Romney to dust…

For months, according to Team Obama, there was no path for a Romney victory. The Blue Wall states were immutable, the swing states were susceptible to his women-and-seniors-and-immigrants-and-students mojo. Everything that worked in 2008 would work now. Everything in the hard-hitting Chicago political tool box would be deployed, and by the end Mitt Romney would want to be in the Witness Protection Program.

But now, as the President’s options have narrowed and as the weight of Obama’s failures from the economy to the Libya fiasco come crashing down on his campaign, I’m feeling increasingly optimistic that we’ve passed an inflection point in the campaign where Obama’s familiar tools can’t help him pull off a miracle.

Obama was the candidate of the inevitable, unbeatable wave, not of the grind-it-out, cut-and-thrust of a motivated, funded and determined GOP and conservative base. Unlike McCain, Mitt Romney’s team won’t get hit and stand there with their jaws hanging down at the ungentlemanly conduct of the other side.

***

***

“You guys have some short memories. Folks in your business were writing me off a year ago, saying there was no way I would win.”

Visit NBCNews.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

***

Comments

Comment pages: 1 5 6 7 8

I love pecan pie!
thatsafactjack

I hear a lot about it, but I’ve never had it. Once, when I was working in Texas, there were several pecan trees in the garden where I lived. I should have taken the opportunity to find a good recipe and initiate myself. A lost opportunity.
jaime on October 25, 2012 at 1:24 AM

Pecan pie is basically a chess pie with pecans. It’s a very easy pie to make and delicious.

txhsmom on October 25, 2012 at 1:32 AM

Gohawgs on October 25, 2012 at 1:31 AM

Pecan pies suck, then?

jaime on October 25, 2012 at 1:32 AM

Can you recommend a good pecan pie?

jaime on October 25, 2012 at 1:30 AM

If you cant get a fresh baked one from someone who really knows how to make one, try an EDWARDS pecan pie from the gro store. They are pretty good. Serve at room temp or slightly warmed in the oven. Mmmmm

kcd on October 25, 2012 at 1:33 AM

kcd on October 25, 2012 at 1:28 AM

I haven’t bought one… except for a slice in a restaurant occasionally… ever.

I make them myself. I use and old recipe that’s been handed down to me. :)

thatsafactjack on October 25, 2012 at 1:34 AM

Pecan pies suck, then?

jaime on October 25, 2012 at 1:32 AM

More to the point…

Gohawgs on October 25, 2012 at 1:34 AM

Homemade is best. It’s a thanksgiving tradition around here.

jrsrigmvr on October 25, 2012 at 1:32 AM

Yeah, that sort of goes without saying, but say I want to try it before I commit the effort to making one.

jaime on October 25, 2012 at 1:34 AM

tafj, to be certain, not a vegetarian. I mistakenly thought that Bmore asked about legumes.

Schadenfreude on October 25, 2012 at 1:35 AM

thatsafactjack on October 25, 2012 at 1:17 AM

Though he became very commercial Paul Prudhomme is true to his Cajun roots of Opelousas, LA. One of his ways of serving fried redfish or trout etc. is with chopped pecans sauteed in butter with onion, bit of garlic, lemon juice and Tabasco. The late Al Copeland who founded Popeye’s Chicken and a couple of tablecloth restaurant chains served a similar dish using catfish instead adding a splash of Worcestershire which in both cases were variations on local dishes.

Since bacon has been a popular topic lately the ancient NOLA restaurant Galatoires ($$$$) is known not only for trout amandine but for oysters en brochette which is breaded oysters wrapped with bacon put on skewers then deep fried.

I still saute pecans (or peanuts or almonds) in butter every once in a while to get a double fix for my pecan & butter “jones”… don’t get me started on butter pecan ice cream.

Gotta run… raid the ‘fridge.

viking01 on October 25, 2012 at 1:36 AM

Pecan pie is heavenly:)

kcd on October 25, 2012 at 1:36 AM

try an EDWARDS pecan pie from the gro store.

kcd on October 25, 2012 at 1:33 AM

Thanks, kcd. EDWARDS will be my yardstick.

jaime on October 25, 2012 at 1:37 AM

Polenta
Masa de maíz
Tortillas
Hominy
Cornmeal
Corn syrup
Cornstarch
Corn oil
Popcorn
Corn malt
Corn brooms
Corn silage
Corn gluten meal/best animal feed
Biodegradable corn products (Al Gore would love)

Schadenfreude on October 25, 2012 at 12:47 AM

No cornbread???

sadarj on October 25, 2012 at 1:40 AM

Schadenfreude on October 25, 2012 at 1:35 AM

That’s interesting. I had thought you just meant generally, you didn’t over indulge. I’m like that, in that I love good food, but I don’t overindulge. :)

thatsafactjack on October 25, 2012 at 1:40 AM

txhsmom on October 25, 2012 at 1:32 AM

I learn something new every day. Thanks.

jaime on October 25, 2012 at 1:40 AM

Thanks, kcd. EDWARDS will be my yardstick.

jaime on October 25, 2012 at 1:37 AM

I hope you can find one where you live. I think its a national product. Enjoy!

kcd on October 25, 2012 at 1:41 AM

butter pecan ice cream.

Gotta run… raid the ‘fridge.

viking01 on October 25, 2012 at 1:36 AM

ANOTHER bit of heaven. Also, black walnut ice cream! :)

thatsafactjack on October 25, 2012 at 1:41 AM

thatsafactjack on October 25, 2012 at 1:40 AM

Indeed on that/this part. Same exactly here.

Schadenfreude on October 25, 2012 at 1:43 AM

No cornbread???

sadarj on October 25, 2012 at 1:40 AM

Of course – glad you added on.

Schadenfreude on October 25, 2012 at 1:44 AM

I gotta turn in guys. Got lots to do tomorrow/today! lol! Goodnight all:)

kcd on October 25, 2012 at 1:44 AM

Schadenfreude on October 25, 2012 at 1:43 AM

Another thing on which we find agreement. We would make good dinner companions, I suspect. :)

thatsafactjack on October 25, 2012 at 1:44 AM

kcd on October 25, 2012 at 1:44 AM

Goodnight, KCD. Sleep well.:)

thatsafactjack on October 25, 2012 at 1:45 AM

Gotta run… raid the ‘fridge.
viking01 on October 25, 2012 at 1:36 AM

I know, right? It’s like an episode on the food network here tonight.

txhsmom on October 25, 2012 at 1:45 AM

Yikes. I didn’t even mention pecan turtles which as most probably already know is pecans and caramel together covered in chocolate.

Another variation of pecan turtle is the equivalent of a pecan “sandie” cookie topped with a big dollop of real (that means made with real butter and real vanilla) chocolate frosting.

Anyone who likes hazelnuts and / or almonds must try torrone (nougat) ASAP.

viking01 on October 25, 2012 at 1:45 AM

txhsmom on October 25, 2012 at 1:45 AM

LOL!:)

thatsafactjack on October 25, 2012 at 1:46 AM

thatsafactjack on October 25, 2012 at 1:44 AM

Indeed. Some day maybe we’ll eat at Bmore’s place in the woods. Trout is a light meal :)

Schadenfreude on October 25, 2012 at 1:46 AM

I learn something new every day. Thanks.
jaime on October 25, 2012 at 1:40 AM

txhsmom on October 25, 2012 at 1:46 AM

viking01 on October 25, 2012 at 1:45 AM

Hazelnuts! I love hazelnuts in cannoli’s! With a little shaved dark chocolate, too, in the cream. :)

thatsafactjack on October 25, 2012 at 1:50 AM

Schadenfreude on October 25, 2012 at 1:46 AM

Excellent idea! That would be a wonderful meal, with wonderful company. I’d doubtless enjoy it very much, indeed. :)

thatsafactjack on October 25, 2012 at 1:51 AM

You know, Frangelico is an excellent hazelnut liqueur. A little poured over good quality vanilla ice cream is excellent.

thatsafactjack on October 25, 2012 at 1:53 AM

Waltz Opus 64 no. 2 – Chopin – Rubinstein

thatsafactjack on October 25, 2012 at 1:55 AM

Goodnight all:)

kcd on October 25, 2012 at 1:44 AM

‘nite kcd

jaime on October 25, 2012 at 1:55 AM

for barack

jrsrigmvr on October 25, 2012 at 1:56 AM

‘Nite All

jaime on October 25, 2012 at 1:56 AM

I bid you all goodnight. Its been a pleasure, as always. See you soon.

thatsafactjack on October 25, 2012 at 1:56 AM

There is chocolate pecan pie to. I just bought some pecans on my way back to Florida. Oh, and I relate to that poor girls depression over Romneisa. Obama thinks he’s Dr. Spock.

Cindy Munford on October 25, 2012 at 1:58 AM

My friends great grand father was a cheese miner. Of course today its all done with machines.

SparkPlug on October 25, 2012 at 1:58 AM

thatsafactjack on October 25, 2012 at 1:56 AM

‘Nite thatsafactjack

Thanks for the Chopin link.

jaime on October 25, 2012 at 1:58 AM

Must. Go. To. Sleep. Y’all have fun swapping recipes. I’ll leave you with this: corn casserole.

txhsmom on October 25, 2012 at 2:00 AM

Try Baci’s made by Italy’s Perugina and Ferrero-Rocher’s hazelnut chocolates. Lindt and various other chocolatiers make hazelnut chocolate bars. If you like marzipan with a hit of brandy try Mozart Kugeln from Austria.

I hiked a few miles today to stay in good shape though when I see the increasingly common obesity threads I’m mindful America has everything from fried chicken to venison to pork to steak to….

How can a nation which can serve so many different styles of ribs and other barbecue not be a bit pudgy?

viking01 on October 25, 2012 at 2:02 AM

SparkPlug on October 25, 2012 at 1:58 AM

That and jobs being sent overseas…

Gohawgs on October 25, 2012 at 2:05 AM

Forgot to quote thatsafactjack on October 25, 2012 at 1:50 AM for my 2:02 AM post.

I’ll leave you with this: corn casserole.

txhsmom on October 25, 2012 at 2:00 AM

Fantastic. I’m reminded of family reunions.

G’nite all.

viking01 on October 25, 2012 at 2:08 AM

With this i must bid you all
Adios: vaya con dios
Fred

jrsrigmvr on October 25, 2012 at 2:14 AM

Pecan pie:

One of the most delicious calorie-punches on earth.

listens2glenn on October 25, 2012 at 2:16 AM

SparkPlug on October 25, 2012 at 1:58 AM

That and jobs being sent overseas…

Gohawgs on October 25, 2012 at 2:05 AM

SparkPlug on October 25, 2012 at 2:22 AM

SparkPlug on October 25, 2012 at 1:58 AM

The cheese was cheesier back in the those days.

BoxHead1 on October 25, 2012 at 2:24 AM

The cheese was cheesier back in the those days.

BoxHead1 on October 25, 2012 at 2:24 AM

hehe.

SparkPlug on October 25, 2012 at 2:40 AM

OK, I would have preferred to talk about Oloser acting frantic as he becomes aware he is losing, BUT

Any suggestions on a good crock pot recipe to take a completely frozen hen and make a meal out of it? It has been in my freezer for a few weeks, time to make it a meal.

karenhasfreedom on October 25, 2012 at 2:52 AM

Speaking of pecan pie, here is a recipe to die for, just in time for the holidays:

Sweet Potato Casserole

1/2 cup flour
1 cup diced pecans
5 tablespoons margarine or butter, melted

Instructions:

1) Preheat oven to 350o F and forget your calorie count for the day
2) Mix the first 7 ingredients together and pour into a buttered casserole pan
3) In a separate bowl, combine the topping ingredients. Crumble over the top of the sweet potatoes, then bake for 30 to 45 minutes.
4) Enjoy multiple servings and worry about working off the calories later.

This recipe is unbelievably YUMMY. It is a MUST HAVE for any Holiday meal. Splenda white and brown sugar substitute works fine in this recipe.

karenhasfreedom on October 25, 2012 at 2:57 AM

karenhasfreedom on October 25, 2012 at 2:52 AM

Make a big pot of chicken soup. Put in spinach and egg white and pepper and onions and some tiny pasta beads.

Like wedding soup with chicken.

SparkPlug on October 25, 2012 at 2:58 AM

Wow, I got here way too late for the fun. No matter, how often will there be cheese threads?

The Obligatory Monty Python Classic Cheese Sketch

IamDA on October 25, 2012 at 3:01 AM

And speaking of cheese, here is a great cheese and bean dip for the holiday gatherings (and sunday football games, too):

Mexican Cheese and Bean Dip

8 to 10 ounces Cream Cheese
10 ounces Sour Cream
1 10 ounce can of bean dip (in the chip aisle of the grocery store)
1 Pound shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
1 Pound shredded Jack cheese
2 T taco seasoning (McCormick Taco seasoning packet)
2 to 3 T chili powder
30 to 50 drops of Tabasco Sauce
1 cup chopped green onions

Beat Cream Cheese until creamy. Add Sour Cream, Bean Dip and Taco seasoning in a large bowl with a mixer. Add chili powder, tobacco sauce and chopped onions. Mix well with mixer on medium speed. Set aside 1/2 cup each of the cheeses. Mix the remaining shredded cheese in the bowl with the mixer. Spread into 13 x 9 baking pan, sprinkle the remaining shredded cheese over the top of the pan. Heat at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Blot excess grease from the top of the pan with paper towel after removing from oven. Serve warm (put pan on heated serving tray or dip into a crock pot set on low). Serve with tortilla chips, soft tortillas or pita bread triangles. Serves 20, great for potlucks & snack buffets.

karenhasfreedom on October 25, 2012 at 3:02 AM

Anyone here like cheese? I like cheese. We should discuss our favorite cheeses.

Bishop on October 24, 2012 at 11:16 PM

Sven’s Bluff, Peninsula State Park, Fish Creek (Door County), WI, sunset–Renard’s three year aged cheddar, Johnsonville summer sausage, dried cherries, fresh baguette, hearty Cab, sunset, and the Big Scot. My favorite cheese, enhanced!

Although, we just discovered Juusto…a high temp cheese. You can grill it or bake it, it gets melty on the inside, while staying a bit crunchy on the outside.

herm2416 on October 25, 2012 at 3:48 AM

Off topic:

I dont know who visits Yahoo, but I no longer will after the horrible headline they have this morning. Headline is Palin’s racially charged Obama remark.

I am sick and tired of these stupid politically correct garbage and racial/racist accusations from the left. They are destroying this country with this type of nonsense.

I shouldnt be, but was just shocked to see that headline about her comments. I am at my wits end with this type of crap in this country.

If any of you have Twitter, Id encourage you to let YahooNews know what you feel about their article.

bucsox79 on October 25, 2012 at 4:43 AM

Ladies and gentlemen of Earth… I give you our Emperor. Clothing optional.

Pecan pies suck, then?

jaime on October 25, 2012 at 1:32 AM

Yes. Gross. Ugh.

Ugly on October 25, 2012 at 4:46 AM

I like pecan pies but I love mincemeat pies…

OmahaConservative on October 25, 2012 at 4:54 AM

NY Post endorses Mitt

And, Romney has erased Obama’s lead with women, and leads by 2 in yet another national poll.

AP R 49 O 47

- The Anti-Gumby

Nicole Coulter on October 25, 2012 at 5:37 AM

we can do this, lets bring the whole rotten edifice of the left crashing down.

rob verdi on October 25, 2012 at 5:39 AM

Romney is drawing astounding crowds at event after event – Denver’s Red Rocks event was at standing-room only and over 25,000 people were turned away.

Wow. Feeling pretty good. And I’ve been waking up early and not being able to fall back asleep which is usually worry. This Obama must go.

Marcus on October 25, 2012 at 5:46 AM

NY Post endorses Mitt

AP R 49 O 47

- The Anti-Gumby
Nicole Coulter on October 25, 2012 at 5:37 AM

Beautiful news. Thank you very much for sharing.

bluegill on October 25, 2012 at 6:03 AM

morning joe ectastic that the time poll has mitt down by 5 points in ohio

renalin on October 25, 2012 at 6:07 AM

joe and heilman point out that obamas turnout operation much superior to mitts. factor in the unions and they give ohio and other states that are close.

renalin on October 25, 2012 at 6:11 AM

gop should get ride of folks like murdock, they should not be elected
-mika

shut up!

thank you dems for blowing everything out of proportion to deflect for dear leader….

cmsinaz on October 25, 2012 at 6:18 AM

Watching Moaning Schmoe this morning is like watching fish flipping around on the deck of a boat.

Note Joe apologizing for “being mean” to the New Yorker lib editor yesterday. Someone got in trouble at MSDNC yesterday bigtime.

Marcus on October 25, 2012 at 6:19 AM

what constituency is murdock talking to?
-willie giest

holy cow, we have a lot of godless folks

cmsinaz on October 25, 2012 at 6:19 AM

Marcus on October 25, 2012 at 6:19 AM

arrrrgghhhh he spoke the bloody truth why did they bring in w and cheney when dear leader has been following w’s policies…

cripe, what a lapdog

cmsinaz on October 25, 2012 at 6:20 AM

joe and heilman point out that obamas turnout operation much superior to mitts.

I did a hearty chuckle at that. Above it was noted in Colorado “25,000 were turned away” at the Romney event. I’m sure if you tied them down they’d say: “Oh, we meant Madison.”

Marcus on October 25, 2012 at 6:22 AM

Here’s a great new ad from American Crossroads. It ends with a stinging, powerful image:

Let’s promote this ad far and wide.

bluegill on October 25, 2012 at 6:27 AM

we can do this, lets bring the whole rotten edifice of the left crashing down.

rob verdi on October 25, 2012 at 5:39 AM

That’s the advantage of fake Greek columns. No structural integrity just a facade of strength. Much like the rat-eared wonder’s whole being.

Happy Nomad on October 25, 2012 at 6:38 AM

LOL at the fish flipping around on Joe. To listen to them, you’d think Republicans don’t vote early, don’t have any organization to turn out the vote on election day, and just forget to vote! Oh damn! The election was today! Why or why didn’t I remember!?” Keep wish-casting, Heilemann.

Marcus on October 25, 2012 at 6:39 AM

Compulsive Liar

Busted.

Obama lied to everyone about the “video” that supposedly was the precipitating event for the Benghazi attack. The video which he touted repeatedly on a tour of The View, David Letterman, the UN……Obama knew he was lying. And, it’s on tape.

CBS has released the full interview:

“Fourteen hours after the attack, President Obama sat down with Steve Kroft of “60 Minutes” for a previously scheduled interview and said he did not believe it was simply due to mob violence.

“You’re right that this is not a situation that was — exactly the same as what happened in Egypt and my suspicion is that there are folks involved in this who were looking to target Americans from the start,” Mr. Obama said.”

mountainaires on October 25, 2012 at 6:40 AM

Where Obama and Allred in cahoots? He’s done it before. My take.

kingsjester on October 25, 2012 at 6:43 AM

And now Drudge has reports from NC that early voters are having trouble with their electronic voting machines. Machines won’t allow people to vote for Romney. Romney comes up Obama. Nice.

The people who thought of electronic voting had fraud in mind but the GOP went right along anyway.

JellyToast on October 25, 2012 at 6:43 AM

renalin on October 25, 2012 at 6:07 AM

forget about that little thingy called skewed polling…if it looks good for dear leader USE IT

renalin on October 25, 2012 at 6:11 AM

i do get a little eeyorish when it comes to turn out with the dems…those people will do anything to get a vote (free pizza for students, etc (via drudge))

marcus, colorado sounded like a beautiful thing

cmsinaz on October 25, 2012 at 6:43 AM

kingsjester on October 25, 2012 at 6:43 AM

guaranteed KJ

i tell mr cmsinaz that dear leader has brought chicago style politics to the wh, he doesn’t see it….I try to explain what he has done but to no avail…
*sigh*

cmsinaz on October 25, 2012 at 6:45 AM

still touting that time ohio poll, mitt can’t beat him there, there is no way…its over

shut up joe

cmsinaz on October 25, 2012 at 6:49 AM

cmsinaz on October 25, 2012 at 6:45 AM

Have him read that post where I detail Obama’s campaign for Illinois Senator. That should make it clear for him. Nothing but corruption and dirty tricks.

kingsjester on October 25, 2012 at 6:49 AM

cmsinaz on October 25, 2012 at 6:49 AM

Joe is a Vichy Republican, working with the enemy.

kingsjester on October 25, 2012 at 6:51 AM

Schmoe Scarborough got taken to the woodshed yesterday for his Obama doom-n-gloom you could bet. Or he got pulverized from the left on Twitter. He’s back in “oh, Obama’s GOT this” mode. It’s quite funny.

As Mika reads her NYT’s editorials to soothe her nerves……

Marcus on October 25, 2012 at 6:51 AM

Mark Levin, after the “Romnesia” line first appeared, said “Ladies and Gentlemen, we’re suffering from a case of Obamaroids.”

Tuning Spork on October 25, 2012 at 6:51 AM

Oh good, I was going to watch Fox News but I have to see if the TIME magazine editor and Steve Speilberg are actually going to declare Barack Obama the new Abraham Lincoln on Schmoe. It’s coming up next. I will not sit through Richard Wolffe and I may not have to. He’s as worthless as you can find.

Marcus on October 25, 2012 at 6:55 AM

Obama Ground Game: State Parties Flush With Cash In Swing States

“Organizing for America is actually a project of the Democratic Party of Virginia,” says Brian Coy, spokesman for the Democratic Party of Virginia, about the dozens of organizing offices across the state like the one in Arlington. “Those folks are actually on our payroll and most of that money comes from the DNC.”

Overall, the top ten swing state Democratic parties entered October having raised a combined $101 million. This compares to $52 million for these same swing state Republican parties. The Democratic parties had spent $87 million compared to $44 million for the Republican parties at the end of September, and entered October with $15 million cash on hand compared to the Republicans’ $9.6 million.

The Democratic swing state parties have raised $45 million more this year than they did over the same period of time in 2008, and have received $36 million more from the DNC. Republican swing state parties, on the other hand, have only received $14 million more in 2012 than in the previous election.

What this means is that the supposed cash shortfall at the DNC — $8.7 million cash on hand at the end of September compared to $86 million for the RNC — is buttressed by their heavy funding of the state parties. This provides a huge staff that winds up funded by the state parties, but under the control of the Obama campaign and not the DNC.

It has provided the Obama campaign a huge advantage in the number of offices in swing states and in the number of staff working specifically on federal election activity. A Huffington Post review of campaign expenses by the Democratic and Republican state parties in the top ten swing states found that, in September, these Democratic state parties paid 3,000 staff members for federal election activities, compared to just 601 for the state Republican parties.

The Ohio Democratic Party, unsurprisingly, is the most well-financed of the swing state parties. The party raised $18 million through September, with $13 million coming in the form of transfers from the DNC and the Obama campaign. This has helped fund 499 staffers paid specifically for federal election activity, including working in Obama for America offices, as well as 122 state offices, at least 40 of which are coordinated with the Obama campaign.

The Republican Party in Ohio, on the other hand, raised only $9 million through September — half the amount raised by their Democratic counterpart — with just $5 million coming from the RNC and committees linked to the Romney campaign. They have opened just 40 offices total and, according to their most recently filed finance report, had paid just 129 staffers for federal campaign activity.

These disparities exist in almost every key swing state. In Virginia, the Democratic state party raised more than double that of the Republican state organization. The largest margin came in Nevada, where Democrats raised $8.3 million compared to a paltry $729,487 for the state Republican Party.

The only state where the disparity is small is Florida, where Democrats had raised $15 million through September, and Republicans had raised $12 million.

On a Tuesday conference call, Obama campaign manager Jim Messina touted the campaign’s ground game, noting their success getting “sporadic voters” — those who don’t vote every two or four years — to vote early. “What early vote does is help us get out low-propensity voters, voters called sporadic voters, which broadens our universe and frees up more get out the vote resources later and especially on Election Day,” he said.

Those are from an article in Huffing and Puffing Post. Don’t know if it is blustering, but we have to act as if they are true and work, volunteer and get the votes out from the GOP side.

bayview on October 25, 2012 at 6:59 AM

The media was writing him off a year ago????” Some serious OBAMENTIA going on right there.

stenwin77 on October 25, 2012 at 7:00 AM

Yahoo has obama way up still.

tomas on October 25, 2012 at 7:00 AM

kingsjester on October 25, 2012 at 6:49 AM

will do…thanks buddy….

kingsjester on October 25, 2012 at 6:51 AM

big time

cmsinaz on October 25, 2012 at 7:01 AM

That article on Ricocet is a good read. Love this paragraph:

Obama is largely reduced to trawling college campuses for political jailbait, stroking the shreds of his coalition in the increasingly desperate hope of getting at least a few salvageable video clips out of each day. Big Bird, binders, and bayonets don’t comprise a sweeping vision of a second Obama term and it shows. Vice-President Malaprop wanders Ohio diners, touching people’s food and getting biker chicks to sit in his lap. It’s a campaign in trouble, and they know it.

Not a word from anyone on Morning Joe on Benghazi. If they don’t talk about it, it didn’t happen, right?

Naturally Curly on October 25, 2012 at 7:01 AM

Marcus on October 25, 2012 at 6:51 AM

yup

cmsinaz on October 25, 2012 at 7:06 AM

Naturally Curly on October 25, 2012 at 7:01 AM

absolutely shameful….ALL WEEK LONG, NADA, NIL, NOTHING

cmsinaz on October 25, 2012 at 7:06 AM

shut up joe

cmsinaz on October 25, 2012 at 6:49 AM

If Joe Scarborough is a Republican then Vidkun Quisling is a Norwegian political hero.

I honestly think the MSM intends to talk down Romney’s chances until the election while glossing over the problems with the rat-eared wonder’s fundamentals.

Happy Nomad on October 25, 2012 at 7:08 AM

It is rich for Barry to repeatedly bring up the question of trust in his latest series of campaign speech.

bayview on October 25, 2012 at 7:08 AM

Naturally Curly on October 25, 2012 at 7:01 AM

The rat-eared wonder’s administration doesn’t want to cover things up forever. Just until after November 6th, then that State Department investigative report can be released and- My Gosh, this was a terrorist attack after all!

Happy Nomad on October 25, 2012 at 7:11 AM

Happy Nomad on October 25, 2012 at 7:08 AM

til the bitter end and then come jan 20th, why hasn’t mitt fixed the economy yet…w 2.0 begins

cmsinaz on October 25, 2012 at 7:12 AM

Naturally Curly on October 25, 2012 at 7:01 AM

Barry drew large crowds in Denver and Las Vegas last night. Again, there are a lot of work until Nov 6 for us still. Stay hungry.

bayview on October 25, 2012 at 7:13 AM

bayview on October 25, 2012 at 7:13 AM

obamas base is more fired up than ours also.

renalin on October 25, 2012 at 7:16 AM

obamas base is more fired up than ours also.

renalin on October 25, 2012 at 7:16 AM

Doubt it. Many in Las Vegas went for the free gig by Katy Perry.

bayview on October 25, 2012 at 7:17 AM

bayview on October 25, 2012 at 7:13 AM

Don’t worry about me, I’m positively ravishing! ;)

Naturally Curly on October 25, 2012 at 7:18 AM

Spielberg looks like achmedinnerjacket’s gray-headed stepbrother.

Naturally Curly on October 25, 2012 at 7:20 AM

No evidence has surfaced to indicate the administration is guilty of anything other than looking flat-footed.

folks covering for dear leader…holy cow, these same writers would be calling for impeachment if this was gop president

infuriating

cmsinaz on October 25, 2012 at 7:21 AM

white house media organ, politico, says mitt ready to join hands with the dems in january and raise revunues. how to keep those pesky house conservatives in line, may be problematic.

renalin on October 25, 2012 at 7:21 AM

cmsinaz on October 25, 2012 at 7:12 AM

January 21st this time around (20th is a Sunday) but you’re right. The MSM will be like little kids in the back seat repeatedly asking “are we there yet? are we there yet? are we there yet?”

Happy Nomad on October 25, 2012 at 7:26 AM

Compulsive Liar

Busted.

CBS has released the full interview:

mountainaires on October 25, 2012 at 6:40 AM

Imagine if Obama were an R.

CW on October 25, 2012 at 7:26 AM