And Donald Trump’s “major announcement” is…

posted at 2:41 pm on October 24, 2012 by Erika Johnsen

Like Allahpundit, I was wondering if we were in for some kind of last-minute, all-in Birther redux — but turns out it’s nothing so discomfort-inducing as that, nor is it even about anything that would carry such unpredictable ramifications as youthful drug-dealing or divorce papers. Just more of a quid-pro-quo proposal, really:

How this is supposed to amount to something “gigantic” rivaling game-changer status, I can’t say. Somehow, I’m not convinced Team Obama (who, I might add, apparently feel that the “we’ll quit picking on Romney if he’ll release just five years of tax returns!” deal they were pedaling earlier this cycle was just so much more legitimate) will be moved by the offer, but here’s a terrible exit joke for ya’: Do you think they’d be more tempted if Trump had offered to immediately donate $5 million to Obama’s campaign? Heh, I jest. Sort of.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

… Have you fulfilled the promise reflected by your college transcripts?There’s still time…

verbaluce on October 24, 2012 at 4:19 PM

Clearly, you are at zenith.

M240H on October 24, 2012 at 4:39 PM

verbaluce on October 24, 2012 at 4:19 PM

Actually, Skippy, I’m the VP of Marketing for a 100+ employee, 4 Corporation Company With a BA in Radio, TV, and Film, and 30 years in Corporation Communications, Video Production, and A/V Services. And you?

kingsjester on October 24, 2012 at 4:43 PM

MadisonConservative on October 24, 2012 at 4:31 PM

LOL! Your text is so telling!!!!!

Cindy Munford on October 24, 2012 at 4:48 PM

verbaluce on October 24, 2012 at 4:19 PM

It’s obvious you don’t know Him. If you would like to, may I recommend the Gospel of John?

kingsjester on October 24, 2012 at 4:35 PM

You may.
May I ask why you feel you suggest Obama’s not a real Christian or a real American?
The blog post you wrote that you linked to seems to very focused on that.

verbaluce on October 24, 2012 at 4:49 PM

What if Donald already has the transcripts and the passports? Three things can happen:

1) Obama doesn’t release them, and then Trump does release them,and whatever he was trying to hide is exposed.

2) Obama releases them, and there’s nothing sensational about them, but the public wonders what took so long and why he wasn’t transparent before now and it took Trump to force him to be.

3) Obama releases doctored documents that don’t match the originals that Trump already has. Ooops.

I don’t see how Obama can win here, or how Trump can lose- IF he already has the documents he’s asked for, (and I have a sneaking suspicion he does.)

parteagirl on October 24, 2012 at 4:49 PM

Weak. I’m tired of “major” announcements turning out without fail to be minor. At some point the Cry Wolf story comes into play.
Sure, O is clearly hiding something major by hiding his college transcripts and other key things. O is very secretive. Fine for most, but not for our president!

anotherJoe on October 24, 2012 at 4:50 PM

If you ask me Benghazi alone should be the October surprise. But if we add the email evidence that the WH knew hours after the attack coupled with the “video excuse” cover up, that should cause Obama to bow out of the race in shame.

lwssdd on October 24, 2012 at 4:51 PM

Because it is not traditionally done. No major party candidate has every voluntarily released their transcripts. McCain didn’t, even when asked to. Romney hasn’t either. The transcript issue is a red herring.

Focus on the complete and utter incompetence Obama has shown as president.

AngusMc on October 24, 2012 at 3:16 PM

No, you are wrong, he did release his…in fact I believe he finished something like 5th from the bottom of his West Point class, and that was made a big deal by the dems.

Romney hasn’t been asked, but he earned “highest honors” at BYU, graduated “cum laude” from Harvard Law and Business school, and was named “Baker Scholar” for being in the top 5% of his business class…what more do you want to know?

I think the fact that his scholar awards speak to his grades…don’t you???

But if Obama wants to know more, they can trade transcripts…

right2bright on October 24, 2012 at 4:52 PM

kingsjester on October 24, 2012 at 4:43 PM

Me too!
(I don’t really question your worth or accomplishments. Sorry you felt the need to get defensive and prove something.)

verbaluce on October 24, 2012 at 4:53 PM

A troll chuckling at his delusions about genuinely angering strangers on the internet.

MadisonConservative on October 24, 2012 at 4:31 PM

So weren’t offended after all?
Thank goodness.

verbaluce on October 24, 2012 at 4:55 PM

kingsjester on October 24, 2012 at 3:18 PM

First (illegally) released over his objections to the news media in 1999.

AngusMc on October 24, 2012 at 4:59 PM

kingsjester on October 24, 2012 at 4:43 PM

Hey, KJ, I make no claims to be anything but a humble slinger of hash, and I will bet that my IQ is at least as high as verbolicious’s. :-)

Four years ago, one might have said that Obama had achieved the highest pinnacle of accomplishment by becoming President of the United States of America.

Now it is clear, at least to me, that Obama has achieved a much more dubious accomplishment by becoming the worst-ever President of the United States of America.

Mary in LA on October 24, 2012 at 4:59 PM

right2bright on October 24, 2012 at 4:52 PM

Actually, McCain specifically refused to release his transcripts. His Navy paperwork gave his class rank, but the transcripts were kept private.

AngusMc on October 24, 2012 at 5:01 PM

verbaluce on October 24, 2012 at 4:53 PM

Say…isn’t it hard to walk with your head that far…oh…never mind.

kingsjester on October 24, 2012 at 5:05 PM

Mary in LA on October 24, 2012 at 4:59 PM

Thank you, ma’am. Hey…maybe this Troll is simplesimon, the one you and I watched get banned a while back?

kingsjester on October 24, 2012 at 5:06 PM

I personally think that it was a great move by trump

rik on October 24, 2012 at 5:08 PM

Donald is actually slick!

If $5mil reward does not produce an Obama college transcript then either the legal gag Obama has placed on all the schools is alarmingly frightening or the cooperation across the schools’s boundaries, intellectual levels as well as media agencies in this capitalist country should be cause for great concern.

If it does and the records prove Obama’s academic brilliance and devoid of trickery to get into expensive colleges then Trump gets to stay on the news.

Either way Trump’s empire (whatever it is) will rake in money. With the first, he may prove himself a ardent patriot.

(My post on Yahoo)

vnohara on October 24, 2012 at 5:09 PM

kingsjester on October 24, 2012 at 5:06 PM

Ooh! Now that you mention it, there is a very strong resemblance. Now I wish we all had hashes after our names, the way they do it at Ace’s place — that’s a good, though not 100% foolproof, way of identifying trolls under different names.

Mary in LA on October 24, 2012 at 5:09 PM

To whom it may concern, McCain went Annapolis.

M240H on October 24, 2012 at 5:09 PM

vnohara on October 24, 2012 at 5:09 PM

I like it! :-)

Did you and I get into a dust-up on another thread? Seems to me I was arguing with somebody with a “v” in his/her name (besides verbaloser, I mean). If that was you, I don’t remember what we were arguing about any more, and if that wasn’t you, it’s nice to meet you, so either way, here’s a hearty Internet handshake. [shake]

Mary in LA on October 24, 2012 at 5:13 PM

vnohara on October 24, 2012 at 5:09 PM

I like it! :-)

Mary in LA on October 24, 2012 at 5:13 PM

It may have been me but I too have moved on. Nice to meet you, and a ahearty Internet handshake back to you, Mary. :)

vnohara on October 24, 2012 at 5:22 PM

I can say that I think the entire Trump issue was simply to take a dump on Gloria Allred.

Spliff Menendez on October 24, 2012 at 5:27 PM

I only see a downside for Jug Head.

Mr. Arrogant on October 24, 2012 at 5:53 PM

May I ask why you feel you suggest Obama’s not a real Christian…?

verbaluce on October 24, 2012 at 4:49 PM

Because according to scripture, we will know them by the fruits of their labors. How has Obama given personally to the poor? How has Obama personally provided for others? How has Obama preached the Gospel? Those are all things we are expected to do as Christians. Heck, in 2008 when he bragged about his brother living in poverty in Kenya, what did he do to change that? And don’t claim he has done that through enacted programs… that is a shirking of our personal responsibility to another (government) entity, which does not show the love of Christ, or preach the Gospel, which is what our acts of charity enable us to do.

Also I would point out that Obama’s extreme support of abortion is also a strong indicator… especially when he was willing to advocate for allowing babies that survived abortions, to die of exposure. This is evil. Why? Because according to scripture, humans are created in the image of God with the potential to reflect Him as His creation. Murder is especially evil, because it is not only the taking of a life, but the willful destruction of an image of God. Christians are supposed to care for everyone, but especially the “least of these”, meaning the poor and those unable to care for themselves. Babies are the ultimate “least of these”, as they have no ability at all to provide for themselves.

So, while God is the final judge, and there is still time for Obama’s heart to be turned… I do not see much fruit of the spirit coming from our President. But like I said… God is the final judge.

dominigan on October 24, 2012 at 6:11 PM

I like Trump

Ha! Made you look, didn’t he?!
Wyznowski on October 24, 2012 at 3:13 PM

Trump got attention at approximately the time Allred’s stage-smear was supposed to hit Romney

Romney got his debate momentum and is moving into the last swing. It is time to get the conversation off of his pluses, by handing the MSM a fake case against Romney which can not only displace the positive Romney image, but should fill tv screens for about a week. Allred does not have to be right, she only has to be properly timed

Trump’s move took away the Allred monopoly on the sound bite circuit. IMHO, Trump aint stupid, he understands the information machine, and he is working for my side.

Allred should have gotten them a week of spin, assuming there is a whammy in the back pocket for the last weekend

Trump threw a wrench in it, and managed to get Obama’s shady background back into the conversation at a similarly useful time. The MSM will carry the message while they beat up on him.

Good job Trumpy

entagor on October 24, 2012 at 6:33 PM

In Trumps mind, even his flatulence is a “major event”.As long as the Romney campaign ignores this it can’t hurt.And if Trump stays aggressive and reminds us daily about his offer,it might make Obama look like he has something to hide or doesn’t care enough about the poor to funnel $5 million in their direction.

redware on October 24, 2012 at 6:42 PM

“$5 million is a lot of money for a lot of charities, why won’t Obama just release them & let Trump donate the money?”

Indie Voter

batterup on October 24, 2012 at 7:21 PM

it only makes Trump look stupid for crying wolf again ,and if he has an extra 5 million lying around ,why doesn’t he give it to a charity like St.Jude’s luckily Trump is associated with the GOP ,the Democrats will stick with Warren Buffett ,thank you very much

U2denver on October 24, 2012 at 7:22 PM

The Donald knows how to play. I can see him increasing his offer just to keep this going.

diogenes on October 24, 2012 at 7:28 PM

Frankly, I am glad it turned out to be about nothing. The backlash might have lost more people than the gains. It also proves Trump is an idiotic self promoting Huckster. We don’t need this junk. We’re winning on ideas. Let the desperate Dems and their desperate minions like Alllllllred. do this kind of stunt.

Minnfidel on October 24, 2012 at 7:39 PM

OK, champ, explain one thing to me.

How did Obama’s birth announcement make it into the Honolulu Advertiser if he was born elsewhere? I mean why would they go to the trouble of announcing his birth at a Honolulu hospital if he wasn’t born there? They could see into the future that he would run for President 47 years later?

Bitter Clinger on October 24, 2012 at 4:37 PM

The Hawaii Department of Health was probably responsible for those classified ads… there were actually two of them and they were identical.

At the time you could get a “Certification of Live Birth” for a young child from the Hawaii Department of Health even if the child was not U.S. born. The papers that ran the ads may have been paid by the HDH to routinely run these ads or the papers may have had a policy of running the ads based on HDH records, it’s unknown.

But what is known is that the long form Certificate of Birth presented by Obama is a FAKE and a very obvious fake. It’s a valid long form birth certificate that is required to prove Obama’s natural born status… the classified ads do not prove natural born status.

——————

Axion on October 24, 2012 at 7:48 PM

Yeah, Donald oversold his big news, BUT…

If some other guy’s divorce records serve a vital public interest because Romney testified in that divorce case and Romney is running for president and the people have A RIGHT TO KNOW…then surely Zero’s United States Passport records serve a vital public interest because he IS the president and THE PEOPLE HAVE A RIGHT TO KNOW.

See how that works?

Rational Thought on October 24, 2012 at 7:49 PM

OK, champ, explain one thing to me.

Bitter Clinger on October 24, 2012 at 4:37 PM

I should have included that the ads said nothing about where the child was born. Only that a child was born.

All the ads said was:

Mr. and Mrs. Barack H. Obama, 6085 Kalanianaole Highway, son, August 4.

————

Axion on October 24, 2012 at 7:57 PM

This is not a dumb offer when you think about it. If Obama ignores or (what is the same really) refuses the offer the country can & should suspect Obama is hiding some serious matters, because a loss of 5 million to charity is definitely significant especially when it is a needless loss if Obama has nothing to hide.

Good for Mr. Trump.

Chessplayer on October 24, 2012 at 8:01 PM

If he has something, maybe he should save it for about when the bin Laden movie airs, 2 days before the election.

Philly on October 24, 2012 at 8:09 PM

Remember what Trumps current populous cash cow is… Apprentice.

His demo isn’t pure Rep/Con – it transverses to the Real Housewives/MTV/Reality-based shtick.

Its on NBC. 30 Rock, i.e. the epicenter of liberal NYC.

His viewers aren’t the highest of political acumen.

All combined, it’s a killer to Obama and reaches folks who never would consider a Romney, but instead may say “hmmm, that’s a bit odd”

Odie1941 on October 24, 2012 at 8:13 PM

Actually Trump is pretty sly. I posted on my facebook account “If someone offered to pay 5 million dollars to the charity of your choice would you make your school records public”. I’m getting loads of responses from my good hearted liberal friends who aren’t aware of the offer “of course I would”, “no question about it” and so on. I’ll clue them in later… a little of the ol’ rope a dope. I’m going to have fun with this one.

iceman1960 on October 24, 2012 at 8:59 PM

verbaluce on October 24, 2012 at 4:53 PM

Say…isn’t it hard to walk with your head that far…oh…never mind.

kingsjester on October 24, 2012 at 5:05 PM

…he can open his mouth to see…he just trips a lot!

KOOLAID2 on October 24, 2012 at 9:07 PM

Trump is on Greta in a few. Ought to be amusing.

Philly on October 24, 2012 at 10:00 PM

The LA Times and ABC news are deriding this serious offer calling it a gimmick, depraved and some silly showman stunt. Watch for more pro-Obama outlets deride this real offer hoping the public is stupid. But the public I think can see that $5 million is real money and whatever one thinks of Trump he can easily come through and he would, and this offer cannot be brushed away like some meaningless prank. But the disgusting Obamabots will try.

I suspect Obama is hoping he can just ignore it and it will go away with cooperation from his MSM friends.

Chessplayer on October 24, 2012 at 10:03 PM

Trump being trump,

I would not be surprised if we soon get to see information on these items

This $5M is just a setup to offer Obama a fair heads-up.

Next we will hear Trump saying he went out and got from someone some interesting details

huntingmoose on October 24, 2012 at 11:06 PM

U2denver on October 24, 2012 at 7:22 PM

Warren Buffet and Jimmy Buffet hit the same level of seriousness.

Cheap, phony jerks.

IlikedAUH2O on October 24, 2012 at 11:11 PM

Trump should go on TV every day between now and Oct 30 to increase the amount by 5 Million Dollars. That way the story stays alive…

Will Obama release the records for $10 Million?

Isn’t $15 Million for orphan puppies of disabled vets with cancer enough to get Obama to release those transcripts?

What is Obama trying to hide that we don’t get so much as a peek for $20 Million?

Etc.

You can’t have more fun for Thirty Million Dollars!

Haiku Guy on October 24, 2012 at 11:54 PM

verbaluce on October 24, 2012 at 4:19 PM

As for me, never spent a single day in a college classroom. But the CPAs, CFPs, data analysts and business operations specialists whom I supervise all have Master’s degrees and more.

But of course, this is the internet, where I can say anything, and you can believe anything. I have to sleep with the truth, and so do you.

As for Obama, he has fulfilled the promise reflected in his upbringing, which is to say an anti-American Marxist ideologue who lies for any reason or none, who selects laws to enforce or not regardless of the Constitutional mandate in place, or the checks and balances of tripartite government. More than fulfilled, and it is past time for that error in American judgement to end.

Freelancer on October 25, 2012 at 1:56 AM

I thought Trump was going to announce that his hairpiece is alive.

profitsbeard on October 25, 2012 at 2:30 AM

Haiku Guy on October 24, 2012 at 11:54 PM

Excellent idea! It will make the commie drone’s heads explode too, and also hurt their arses from inside as collateral damage.

If one go to the FBI most wanted terrorist page, many of the muslim terrorists there are wanted for 5 Million USD.

Zawahiri, which for some reason is not the first on the page, has a 25 milion USD on his head.

But 0bama is refusing to release valid information about his pasts… even if money are offered in return for a charity; nothing to see here, move along.

Not that college transcripts will bring much info we don’t know – he was a foreign student with Indonesian citizenship with mediocre results until he engaged in class and race warfare, then he got a lot of opened doors.

Rookie on October 25, 2012 at 4:26 AM

Trump’s very clever. He pretty much neutralized Allred’s “news”…although testifying in someone’s divorce case years ago hardly compares to a sitting President hiding records that would show affirmative action, travels, etc. He’s reminding people of what the mainstream media should have investigated back in 2008 and never did, and still don’t. But Harry Reid can ask with impunity for Romney’s tax records, and accuse him of felony?
I predict the White House will ignore him, and not “dignify” his request by addressing it. Nice.

RonRon on October 25, 2012 at 5:28 AM

RonRon on October 25, 2012 at 5:28 AM

The RNC will tell you that the O campaign did respond to Trump. I say RNC because the media will fly over this faster than a speeding bullet and I don’t know where there will be any coverage.

They made a statement along the lines that Trump was a longtime supporter and probably an agent of the Romney campaign and they imagine that this was something originated there.

This was promptly ignored by the media who really want this to go away.

Far, far away.

IlikedAUH2O on October 25, 2012 at 7:53 AM

I hope Trump has something that will destroy the Hussein politically, but I kind of doubt it.

kemojr on October 25, 2012 at 10:26 AM

$25 million to ACORN for release of the records!

stillings on October 25, 2012 at 10:43 AM

I saw that someone posting here is traveling under the delusion that Obama is a “real Christian.” No true Christian believes that; we know better. Where is his fruit? Speaking of fruit, the man has an unclean sodomite spirit; after the election he will “come out” in this regard.

But here is what the Lord Himself had to say about this fraudster.

“THE MAN OF DARKNESS”

Saturday, 27 June 2009: Julie: “We received in the mail today a newsletter from a brother who has a ministry in Wisconsin. It contained some interesting information about Islamic mythology. According to this brother, a winged horse named “El Barack” figures prominently in the Mohammed myth. This name is associated with lightning and thunder. When I read this, it reminded me of a Word the Lord gave us earlier this month (“Woe to the Spoiled Vine,” 2 June 2009), in which He said, ‘I will lay My Hand upon you and will chastise you with thunderings and lightnings.’ As I meditated on this, I realized how very ironic it was that the leader of a nation would be the one God would use to bring chastisement to it. Soon after, the Lord gave me a message in tongues with the following interpretation.”

“Do not think it strange, says the Lord, that I would use a man of darkness to chastise America. I have long given you Words foretelling what I will do to your nation. I have spoken wasting and destruction, and I never fail to fulfill My Words. The blight and the blasting that I have promised are even now being brought to birth. And there is no escape from the Word that has gone forth from My mouth.

“The man of darkness your nation has chosen is a fitting choice to lead it down the road to destruction. And I am leading him, though he does not know it, to make the decisions he makes and to choose the path that he walks. He is in My Hand, though not as he thinks. And I move him and position him for blight and not for blessing. In My Hand he will remain until My work through him is finished. And I will lay him aside in that day.

“Never will I turn aside one Word that I have spoken, but I will lay each one upon America to the full. And I will work My will upon your nation through the man of darkness you have chosen, says the Lord.”

The Lord has said much to this ministry over the years concerning America and its non-future. We have posted a number of His Words; some of you have mocked and scoffed. I wouldn’t do that if I were you; God is not mocked. Amen.

Gordy on October 25, 2012 at 11:29 AM

Unfortunately, the Donald is just too full of himself. This suppose gigantic announcement had less fizzel than a 4th of July black snake. I like you Donald, but give it a rest. The world revolves around the sun, not you.

gunter on October 25, 2012 at 10:58 PM