Who’s up from some Wednesday “October surprises” from Trump and Gloria Allred?

posted at 10:05 pm on October 23, 2012 by Allahpundit

When I first heard Trump was ready to dump something, I assumed like you that it’d be Birther-related. Today’s first rumor, though, was about youthful drug-dealing. Is that the big surprise? Nope:

“Mr. Trump’s announcement is substantially more important to the American people than these allegations made against the president,” Michael Cohen, special counsel to Trump, told TheDC by phone on Tuesday.

Today’s second rumor was that Trump had somehow discovered divorce papers drawn up in the distant past between Mr. and Mrs. O. Is that the big surprise? Doesn’t sound like it:

Uh, that’s good, because unless the phantom divorce papers contained something scandalous, the invasion of privacy would probably boomerang into a burst of sympathy for O. Besides, the way Trump has been selling this, it sounds like he has something grander in mind:

“I have something very, very big concerning the President of the United States,” Trump said. “[It is] large – bordering on gigantic… “It’s all in one. Everything. It’s very big — bigger than anybody would know.”

Trump, who has endorsed Governor Mitt Romney for President, and is in regular contact with his campaign, according to the New York Daily News, said it could “possibly” affect the election, noting to Fox & Friends that they would likely cover it “in a very big fashion.”

Very, very big, bordering on gigantic, to the point of possibly being game-changing. Which can only mean … yeah, it’s probably some Birther rehash. Ah well.

As for Allred, Ace has some theories and preemptive debunkery. The speculation is that she’s after testimony about Romney allegedly urging a woman in his congregation not to have an abortion, or maybe urging a different woman to give her child up for adoption. No clue, but as liberals ease into the desperation phase of the campaign, it’s a safe bet that something related to Mormonism and/or a talking point for the “war on women” is on tap. That’d be a fitting way for the Obama reelection effort to end, frankly. They’ve run through every other distraction they could find; no surprise that they’d kitchen-sink it with Romney neck and neck down the stretch.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 3 4 5

no it doesn’t. u have problems with truth and getting your story straight carolina.

gracie on October 24, 2012 at 11:01 AM

Then what is it?

If I’m lying, as you say, then you know what testimony Allred is trying to unseal. What is it?

Right.

Carolina21 on October 24, 2012 at 11:05 AM

So far the link to Radar online isn’t really that telling: How does Romney s testimony as a character witness in a civil trial matter a hill of beans?

Only difference between Allred & a stripper is that I’d pay to “listen” to a stripper…AND get more for my money at that.

BlaxPac on October 24, 2012 at 11:07 AM

Who’s up from some Wednesday “October surprises” from Trump and Gloria Allred?

Two attention whores holding nothing attempt to convince the public that each holds something.

Start the bidding of what each holds at a value of less than nothing. If either gets more than that, P.T. Barnum will crack a smile from his grave.

Which can only mean … yeah, it’s probably some Birther rehash.

Those rabbit trails keep certain energizer bunnies going and going and going.

Only liberals would find either of these scenarios to be scandalous and they won’t be voting for Romney anyway.

rukiddingme on October 24, 2012 at 11:08 AM

No, actually, most decent people find pressuring and coercing vulnerable women pretty repulsive. Has nothing to do with politics.

The sealed divorce testimony may be a continuation of that pattern, and that would be a story, a story compounded by Romney’s endorsement of a man who thinks God’s plans include rape.

Carolina21 on October 24, 2012 at 11:13 AM

I seriously doubt there will be a strong third party candidate any time soon. I was supporting Herman Cain in the primaries. I did not care for Romney at all. But I believe Mitt is this country’s best shot now. That’s fine if you don’t agree. You say you can survive another four years of Obama. That’s fine too. Most of us here do not want to see another four years like the last. We want Obamacare gone, we want more jobs, a stronger economy, and a better outlook for our children (I have one starting college this year, I would like for her to have job options and not loads of debt when she graduates). But what do I know…I’m just stupid woman that should vote with my uterus.

maables on October 24, 2012 at 11:14 AM

But what do I know…I’m just stupid woman that should vote with my uterus.

maables on October 24, 2012 at 11:14 AM

What do your internal organs have to do with anything? And what makes you think anyone wants to hear about them. Euw.

You should vote your conscience, as should I.

Carolina21 on October 24, 2012 at 11:17 AM

I’m lying,

Carolina21 on October 24, 2012 at 11:05 AM

value of Staples….nothing to do with character…..just money

gracie on October 24, 2012 at 11:37 AM

maables on October 24, 2012 at 11:14 AM

I wasn’t knee deep in love with Mitt but I was going to vote for him anyway. However, since the debates, my opinion has changed. I give him props for a debate strategy that’s been a master stroke. Where I was worried he would be squishy, he nailed Obama to the wall by his ears in the first debate. The last debate reminded me of Clinton, showing America and the world he has what it takes to be presidential, while making Obama, the incumbent with all the advantages, seem desperate.

Taken in its totality they exposed Obama’s glaring weaknesses to voters, and they’ve responded. America was desperately looking for a reason to vote for someone other than Obama and Mitt gave it in spades.

itsspideyman on October 24, 2012 at 11:40 AM

value of Staples….nothing to do with character…..just money

gracie on October 24, 2012 at 11:37 AM

Well, we shall see…how do you know what’s in the sealed testimony?

You said I was lying when I said that was the testimony Allred was attempting to unseal, now when you find out that, uh-oh, that actually IS the testimony Allred’s trying to unseal, you say I’m lying about the content.

If I’m lying, link me to the actual testimony since you obviously have it and know what’s in it, ‘k?

Carolina21 on October 24, 2012 at 11:42 AM

Hey, AP, I know this is very late (don’t pay much attention to Trump posts), but the headline should read “Who’s up from for some Wednesday “October surprises” from Trump and Gloria Allred?

Freelancer on October 24, 2012 at 11:49 AM

itsspideyman on October 24, 2012 at 11:40 AM

I agree. I think Mitt is exactly what we need right now!

You should vote your conscience, as should I.

Carolina21 on October 24, 2012 at 11:17 AM

wow…really? You think I want to discuss “internal organs”? Damn dems seem to think that is all women care about though. Early voting started in Texas Monday…so I already did vote my conscience.

maables on October 24, 2012 at 11:53 AM

maables on October 24, 2012 at 11:53 AM

Um, well, you brought up your uterus. So classy. /eyeroll.

I don’t care what other people think. Let anyone from any political or religious persuasion think what they like. I don’t vote based on other people’s opinions. I really do vote my conscience. Seems to bother people that I don’t walk in lockstep with any particular group. Oh well.

Carolina21 on October 24, 2012 at 11:57 AM

Haha. Trump’s non-announcement announcement is just a big publicity stunt that is all about him. What a surprise.

Carolina21 on October 24, 2012 at 12:05 PM

if it’s the divorce proceedings and violence involved
please don’t release it

the outrage over his kids being exposed will only turn voters to him with sympathy and ruin his already poor legacy

people will blaim that, not other issues for his losing the election

stay away Trump, you jerk

audiotom on October 24, 2012 at 12:32 PM

oops, it’s a non announcement

sounds like Mitt pulled him aside

good for him

audiotom on October 24, 2012 at 12:32 PM

So, does it sound like Trump knows the contents of these sealed documents? The same documents we’ve all been wondering about (except those of you with liberal Stockholm syndrome)?

disa on October 24, 2012 at 12:47 PM

disa on October 24, 2012 at 12:47 PM

No, it sounds like the opposite.

Carolina21 on October 24, 2012 at 12:57 PM

I say Mitt pulled him aside. No need to dig in the trash when you are winning.

But then there is always the possiblity that is was just another stunt from a pathetic publicity parasite.

tnarch on October 24, 2012 at 1:36 PM