Wrap up: The third debate; Update: Insta-polls coming in

posted at 11:02 pm on October 22, 2012 by Allahpundit

The nearly universal consensus on Twitter is that Romney won by holding his own, which is all a challenger needs to do in a foreign-policy debate. After watching him talk about international affairs for 90 minutes, does he seem like a guy you’d trust with the button? If yes, then mission accomplished.

Doesn’t matter who won the battle, says Ron Fournier. What matters is who won the war:

Mitt Romney wins. That’s not to say he won Monday night’s debate or the presidential campaign, but it’s safe to say he won an important chapter: The debate season…

There are ample reasons for both Obama and Romney to feel optimistic about their chances Nov. 6. But through his own steady performances and a spectacular first-debate failure by the incumbent, Romney has cleared an important hurdle: A near-decisive number of Americans believe that he is a viable alternative to Obama, an incumbent saddled with a weak economy and a pessimistic national mood.

Another point made more than once in the national tweet scrum tonight was that it sometimes felt like Romney was the incumbent and Obama the angry, occasionally snide challenger. That’s a byproduct, I’m sure, of Team Mitt rehearsing very carefully to capture the sort of tone that Murphy mentioned above. Romney wanted to show the audience not just that he understands Afghanistan, Syria, and Iran, but that he’s unflappable even in a tense situation. Obama wasn’t facing that test so he could afford to be more aggressive, if only to impress his base. Because he was playing offense, I’ll bet that he wins the insta-polls. But that won’t matter; the bottom line is that Romney’s still on track. Stand by for updates.

Update: To see what I mean by snide, here’s O telling Romney that the 1980s called and asked for their foreign policy back. Which is an old enough gag that I think it actually does date to the 1980s.

Update: No surprise:

Waiting for CNN’s poll and, maybe, some focus group video.

Update: A curious lack of curiosity:

Soledad O’Brien was just interviewing the CNN undecided voter focus group. She asked them (quoting from memory): “How many of you changed your mind based upon tonight’s debate.” A whole bunch of hands went up. But — and this is not a joke — O’Brien refused to ask them who they’d would vote for because voting is a “private matter.”

I’m not making this up.

Update: Hearing on Twitter that CNN’s insta-poll has Obama winning 48/40. O won the insta-poll after the second debate by a nearly identical margin, and yet the Mitt-mentum continued. Meanwhile, for what it’s worth, Mark Halperin calls it a flat tie.

Update: A more significant poll result, maybe:

Update: Say, what happened to the Benghazi tonight?

Update: Another key data point:

Update: George Will celebrates the triumph of anti-interventionists:

Update: Not much of a “win” for O, was it?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 7 8 9 10 11

Axel-grease on CNN couldn’t even spin it as a win for Zero. That’s bad. Very bad.

Rational Thought on October 22, 2012 at 11:29 PM

Their campaign was mortally wounded in the 1st debate and have not been able to recover. They had their “extremist GWB-clone neocon warmonger” post-debate meme locked and loaded, but Romney completely neutralized that. He gave them nothing, and looked calm, confident and thoughtful and made Obama look like a petulant child in the process. This was a total victory.

The Count on October 23, 2012 at 1:38 AM

Top 10 things liberals are most likely to blame when Obama loses (ranked from most to least likely)

10. Diebold machines
9. Fox News
8. Rush Limbaugh
7. Sean Hannity
6. Diebold machines
5. The “fake” polls
4. Chris Matthews
3. Joe Biden
2. Obama
1. Failure of liberal policies

tkyang99 on October 23, 2012 at 1:17 AM

The one I’m hearing already is:
THE EVIL KOCH BROTHERS!!!!1111!!!!

Strike Hornet on October 23, 2012 at 1:39 AM

Strike Hornet on October 23, 2012 at 1:39 AM

I can’t believe you missed the progressive favorite excuse of all… ‘You’re all raaaaacist!’

thatsafactjack on October 23, 2012 at 1:41 AM

Men apparently make better moderators than women ….
Sherman1864 on October 23, 2012 at 1:31 AM

Well…the men hide their collusion with the Obama campaign better anyway.

txhsmom on October 23, 2012 at 1:41 AM

Will Hollywood hacks now defend this obviously bad joke by Hussein?

riddick on October 23, 2012 at 1:29 AM

It was not a joke.
Hussein knows of what he speaks.
He killed bin Laden.
;-)

burrata on October 23, 2012 at 1:41 AM

thatsafactjack on October 23, 2012 at 1:38 AM

No celebrating, yet, and no counting of any chickens.

Schadenfreude on October 23, 2012 at 1:42 AM

lol cherry picking those polls much, allah?

DBear on October 23, 2012 at 1:42 AM

NEW RNC WEB VIDEO: “Presidential” http://youtu.be/I4MCGXVQYhM

Flora Duh on October 23, 2012 at 1:42 AM

lol cherry picking those polls much, allah?

DBear on October 23, 2012 at 1:42 AM

Here you go, Dbag.

@ppppolls
Mitt Romney now leads Barack Obama 49-47 based on the last 3 nights of our national tracking, all pre-debate though

The Count on October 23, 2012 at 1:43 AM

Schadenfreude on October 23, 2012 at 1:36 AM

We keep forgetting lame duck session.

riddick on October 23, 2012 at 1:43 AM

Romney’s argument amounted to “I will do as he said, just better.” Seriously, Romney basically said he would have done nothing different than Obama. That is NOT leadership.

Faramir on October 23, 2012 at 1:44 AM

I feel like chirping like a bird….”Twoweeks!” “Twoweeks!” “Twoweeks!”

thatsafactjack on October 23, 2012 at 1:44 AM

Obama looked deranged, the way he was staring at Romney.

justltl on October 23, 2012 at 1:46 AM

It was not a joke.
Hussein knows of what he speaks.
He killed bin Laden.
;-)

burrata on October 23, 2012 at 1:41 AM

Yeah, I know, he says that 15 times a day lately. With his left hand and right tied behind while Bin Laden was heavily armed.

Too bad Romney didn’t remind the viewers the decision was made despite Hussein and The Clown saying No and Hussein pulled from golf course that day.

riddick on October 23, 2012 at 1:46 AM

We keep forgetting lame duck session.

riddick on October 23, 2012 at 1:43 AM

Not me. No celebrating until Nov. 6, then only briefly, then the real hard work begins.

Bird Songs

Schadenfreude on October 23, 2012 at 1:47 AM

Romney was trying to run out the clock tonight and Obama was in Biden-style attack mode. That’s the key takeaway. Romney is ahead right now and both men know it. Their actions tonight prove it.

RepublicanInMA on October 23, 2012 at 1:49 AM

Schadenfreude on October 23, 2012 at 1:47 AM

LOL!

Its peeking out.. when I least expect it.. that suddenly unbridled joy, and a little outburst of laughter! It comes from imagining that helicopter taking off from the White House Lawn with Obama aboard for his last free flight back to Chicago!

I’m keeping a rein on it so far… but when election night rolls around, and the announcement is made… all bets are off!

Then, I’ll summon up all my reserve and discipline… and wait to do it all over again when that chopper lifts off!

thatsafactjack on October 23, 2012 at 1:49 AM

Yo Barry…… Ships that go underwater are called SUNK…….

A submarine is a BOAT…

what a dufus…. and you call yourself the Commander in Chief!

roflmmfao

donabernathy on October 23, 2012 at 1:51 AM

Did you see the latest BOW to his superior?

Yephora on October 23, 2012 at 1:52 AM

As you now live in the Philippines, how are you still allowed to vote in the US?

You’re a US citizen, former combat veteran? What kind of residency do you have in the Philipppines?

LevinFan on October 23, 2012 at 1:33 AM

Just because you live in another country (as an ex-pat), you don’t give up your right to vote in national elections. Still a US Citizen, just not living in the US. I am a legal resident of the Philippines – I went through all of the channels and paid all of the fees. I received an ACR card, which is the equivalent of the ‘green’ card in the US. The fact that I am married to a Philippine citizen made it easy – although, still not cheap.

Our plan was to live in the US until I retired, then move to the Philippines. Nature had a way of speeding up that timeline, and in the most unpleasant way possible.

No military service – I am a (forcibly) retired hardware/software engineer and I used to travel all over southeast asia for business.

I voted via absentee ballot through the State which I was last registered in – which would be Florida. So I mailed a request to Citrus County, they mailed me a ballot, and I mailed it back. There’s supposed to be a method of voting by going to the US Embassy, but the last time I was there and asking questions about voting, they seemed to not favor that option. Heh. Well, we all know how useful the State Department has been lately.

Timothy S. Carlson on October 23, 2012 at 1:52 AM

Mitt was gracious tonite- could have hammered the Chicago punk but didn’t.

Ozero’s a Lying POS and I wish Mitt would push back on the China BS!

My brothers company in Wisconsin , has to compete with Chinese imports from one of the half dozen CHINESE importing companies OWNED by Obama bundler Robert Roche based in SHANGHAI. the same guy runs Obama.com collecting ILLEGAL CHINESE campaign contributions for Hopey- and has secret contacts within the Chinese government. He has NO US Govt. involvement but scores the head table next to Hillary at the Chinese Pres. State Dinner.

A real China whore in the inner circle of this LYING HOAX OF A PRESIDENT. Yeah, Hopey’s lookin out for the people where China’s concerned.

FlaMurph on October 23, 2012 at 1:52 AM

Timothy S. Carlson on October 23, 2012 at 1:25 AM

Just a couple of things. Most PI doctors can’t pass the competency tests to work in the US, and they’re not just the language lests. They become techs or retrain as nurses in the US.

And drugs made in the PI and other emerging countries are not developed and created there. They are more often generics of drugs developed at US Manufacturers’ expense.

In my view there is three primary reasons for the high cost of US health care. One is third-party payers, which originally were a luxury, 80/20 payers and good for hospitalizations; these were encouraged by US tax breaks for businesses that provided health insurance; and they’ve become institutionalized and largely helped drive up costs. (Health care IS NOT health insurance.)

Another is the cost of politically-correct medical correctness with over-testing, over-treating and over-documenting largely to protect against law suits.

And the the third is that we in the US provide the greatest healthcare advances in the world, which require tremendous capitalization for R&D (think CAT scans, MRIs and newest drug cures) and then quickly become virtually mandatory as standard of care (even if often just for legal reasons).

Romney, I think, understands this.

flicker on October 23, 2012 at 1:54 AM

thatsafactjack on October 23, 2012 at 1:49 AM

Let’s hope the chopper is strong and takes Michelle’s butt and appetite with…knowing that she’ll be in it is enough for years of Schadenfreude.

No counting of chickens until then.

Schadenfreude on October 23, 2012 at 1:54 AM

Aloha Oe

LOL!

thatsafactjack on October 23, 2012 at 1:54 AM

Schadenfreude on October 23, 2012 at 1:54 AM

Maybe they better bring one of those old cargo Huey’s !:)

thatsafactjack on October 23, 2012 at 1:56 AM

..which buttresses your assertion about how cut off the consulate was. In the Bret Baer special, they mentioned calling in an AC-130 but the closest one was where? Eight hours away?

Anything else in the inventory that could have done the deed?

The War Planner on October 23, 2012 at 1:36 AM

Where were you guys earlier? I was taking heat all afternoon!

blink

This could be a stupid question, but where did the Predator come from? Could they not have armed another and sent it aloft? Also is there some rule that says we cannot call on European allies for help?
Though it highlights the “how many ships should the Navy have” argument. The carrier Bush departed the 6th fleet area in June, the Enterprise didn’t enter it until this month.

Zaggs on October 23, 2012 at 1:56 AM

Tonight has been a good night.

Mitt looked strong, capable, smart and stayed way above the fray. Like The Hammer said, Obama played a very small game. Romney saw the big picture. Obama acted like a challenger who knew he was losing, and tried to drag Mitt down into the mud with the Libya issue. He didn’t take the bait, and Obama clearly looked frustrated.

Even though business has been terrible this month (Thanks Obama, and Gov. Moonbeam!), my GF and I donated another 25$ to Mitt tonight (They let you donate as a couple which is pretty cool).

Oh, and the Giants are going to the World Series!

1984 in real life on October 23, 2012 at 1:58 AM

Hey little clay man, THIS is why you should never gloat about online polls.

From one of the Kos Kiddies.

Freep this Poll

Flora Duh on October 23, 2012 at 1:59 AM

Flora Duh on October 23, 2012 at 1:59 AM

Good to see you.

SparkPlug on October 23, 2012 at 2:00 AM

I was pleased. I thought Mitt as a little weak at the start, but Iwas cheering at the end… and Obama was a jerk.

I bet Obama’s likeabilty goes down. and Mitt’s goes up.

Mitt makes me feel safe.

petunia on October 23, 2012 at 2:01 AM

Juan Williams about to jump from his chair and attack Hannity, not that I blame him because Hannity’s voice drives me insane.

Bishop on October 23, 2012 at 12:00 AM

He’s also a hack who wouldn’t know sophisticated policy if it bit him in the ass.

There are so many more qualified people for his timeslot that it’s embarrassing.

KingGold on October 23, 2012 at 12:01 AM

Never understood the hate for Hannity from some of the conservatives on here…

Obviously not the most nuanced opinions and you basically know what you’re gonna get with him, but the guy has a very popular radio show and tv show…he’s doing his part for the “cause” imo. Oh and I’d call you quite unsophisticated yourself if you think “sophisticated policy” is what makes a successful tv/radio show…look around.

jaygatz33 on October 23, 2012 at 2:03 AM

Faramir on October 23, 2012 at 1:44 AM

That would have been red meat to the base, that’s something losing candidates say. Tonight was a play for Indies and to distance himself from Neocon mania circa 2001-08. Remember, Obama has been trying to paint Romney as the second coming of Goldwater, to make people afraid of him. Romney easily parried the attack and came off as Reagan like with the whole “peace through strength” thing.

1984 in real life on October 23, 2012 at 2:04 AM

Flora Duh on October 23, 2012 at 1:59 AM

lol! Cool. :) Thanks Flora!

thatsafactjack on October 23, 2012 at 2:04 AM

IF he wins in a landslide, after the 2010 ‘shellacking’ its a mandate against the brand itself… not just Obama and it will destroy them down ticket as well as the chances for 2016.

thatsafactjack on October 23, 2012 at 1:31 AM

IF he wins a landslide
… I will be recording MSNBC (which I strictly avoid at all times) so I am sure to be able to watch over and over again when Tingles Matthews and Rachel Maddog go completely insane on air.

Ed Schultz will just turn and bite the ear off of whoever is sitting next to him.

;->

This isn’t a very Christian outlook but I live by something one of the “angels” in my life said to me long ago,

“If you CHOOSE to sin, sin boldly. Why be a wimp about it?”

PolAgnostic on October 23, 2012 at 2:04 AM

PolAgnostic on October 23, 2012 at 2:04 AM

LOL! By the way… I think you got ’4000′ on the other thread! :)

thatsafactjack on October 23, 2012 at 2:07 AM

Zaggs on October 23, 2012 at 1:56 AM

Which European allies were closer than our Sicily base (Sigonella)? Or the Aviano one? Or the naval station at Rota (Spain)…

jimver on October 23, 2012 at 2:07 AM

Written ahead of the debate – Jonah Goldberg nailed it.

Schadenfreude on October 23, 2012 at 2:07 AM

Good to see you.

SparkPlug on October 23, 2012 at 2:00 AM

You too my friend.

thatsafactjack on October 23, 2012 at 2:04 AM

You’re welcome.

Time for me to turn in now. See ya’ll tomorrow.

Flora Duh on October 23, 2012 at 2:07 AM

Flora Duh on October 23, 2012 at 2:07 AM

Goodnight, Flora! Sleep well!:)

thatsafactjack on October 23, 2012 at 2:09 AM

Schadenfreude on October 23, 2012 at 2:07 AM

Which is essentially what you and I have been posting the last week. I’m, overall, very happy with the outcome. :)

thatsafactjack on October 23, 2012 at 2:10 AM

BTW, for those of you interested in the sample for the CNN poll, and what that might mean for the results…

R+10

gumbyandpokey on October 23,

Nice try troll but the sample was ACTUALLY D+1.

Raquel Pinkbullet on October 23, 2012 at 12:17 AM

Ol’ Gumpoke should be banned for this imo if there wasn’t a source for this lie…

jaygatz33 on October 23, 2012 at 2:11 AM

jaygatz33 on October 23, 2012 at 2:11 AM

Quite the little contortionist, isn’t he?

thatsafactjack on October 23, 2012 at 2:13 AM

LOL! By the way… I think you got ’4000′ on the other thread! :)

thatsafactjack on October 23, 2012 at 2:07 AM

Completely by accident
… and looked a little silly with my “Bmore lurking …” post for 4001!

PolAgnostic on October 23, 2012 at 2:14 AM

I’m off …

Goodnight, jackie. Goodnight, Flora. goodnight Schadenfreude, you curmudgeon.

Goodnight to one and all!

PolAgnostic on October 23, 2012 at 2:16 AM

PolAgnostic on October 23, 2012 at 2:14 AM

I know just what you mean. Its so hard to tell exactly where the thread is when it’s close like that!

Anyway… congratulations! A clean win! :)

thatsafactjack on October 23, 2012 at 2:17 AM

PolAgnostic on October 23, 2012 at 2:16 AM

Goodnight! Sleep well!

I’m going out, too!

Goodnight to one and all! See you soon.:)

thatsafactjack on October 23, 2012 at 2:18 AM

Faramir on October 23, 2012 at 1:44 AM

I agree: Mitt Romney didn’t warmonger enough to hand the election momentum back to Barry. Damn that Mitt Romney for not walking out on stage with a combat knife between his teeth! And where was the flight suit and “mission accomplished” banner in background? Mitt promised us he would wear the flight suit. :-(

It was a total leadership fail for Mr. Romney. He was supposed to take that brush President Barry handed him and paint himself, on live television, as George Dubya Cheney for all the world to see. :-(

Punchenko on October 23, 2012 at 2:20 AM

BTW, interesting figure on that CBS poll. Before the debate a full 75% of the respondents stated that they believed Obama to be better for foreign policy.

This alone explains their absurd findings. In no national poll does Obama enjoy THAT sort of advantage on foreign policy. So it’s clear the CBS did not have a representative sample of the population to start with.

WolvenOne on October 23, 2012 at 1:01 AM

I knew something had to be off with CBS…they were way too high after the last debate as well and obviously were proven wrong.

Concerning Mitt not taking all the opportunities to go after Obama..while frustrating on an emotional level…I focus on the fact that Romney & Co. bases strategy on the internal polls and they must look pretty damn good…Obama’s behavior tonight was just another sign showing that the internals must look pretty good for Romney…I’d rather win the election in 2 weeks than take rhetorical shots at O in a debate most will forget about tomorrow.

jaygatz33 on October 23, 2012 at 2:28 AM

Viewers of the debate agreed that Obama came across as angry, petulant, petty and unpresidential. Not a good night for Obama.

bluegill on October 23, 2012 at 2:31 AM

What kind of harm can Obama do during the rest of his lame duck presidency before Romney is inaugurated this January? I hope there are some limits placed on Obama’s power over the next few months.

bluegill on October 23, 2012 at 2:33 AM

bluegill on October 23, 2012 at 2:33 AM

Not to scare you. But…

1. Mass pardons of violent criminals like rapists, cop-killers, and other murderers–including many on death row–with the claim of ‘racial disparity in sentencing’.

2. Secret release of classified information to our enemies. Not just AQ, but mainly to Russia and China.

3. A flurry of executive orders that will takes years to find and sort out, and maybe a decade to fix.

Liam on October 23, 2012 at 2:41 AM

One curiosity which really struck me. When Romney pivoted from foreign policy to suddenly start talking about the economy, I thought it was a transparent attempt to change the subject to his strength rather than staying on topic. But that didn’t surprise me at all, because it was obvious why he might do it.

What surprised me was how willing Obama was to follow that pivot and spend his time talking about the economy. Clearly, he still thinks the economy issue favors him. He has not yet grasped that every time the subject shifts to the economy, Obama loses the argument.

Much like he still believes the economy can be improved by the government “investing” in green energy or more education.

And this is exactly the sort of thing that makes me believe he can’t think through an issue to save his life. If anything should be obvious, it’s that the whole “green energy” push was a huge waste of time that did not help the economy one bit. Yet the president is incapable of grasping that point.

There Goes The Neighborhood on October 23, 2012 at 3:01 AM

There Goes The Neighborhood on October 23, 2012 at 3:01 AM

Just to be clear, Obama still thinks he’s winning on the economy. No wonder he’s starting to lose this race.

There Goes The Neighborhood on October 23, 2012 at 3:03 AM

Ships that go underwater are called SUNK…….

donabernathy on October 23, 2012 at 1:51 AM

Or Yacht Team Barry.

bayview on October 23, 2012 at 3:04 AM

By the way, I’m not claiming that the Obama administration did their best to get military assets to assist in Benghazi. It’s quite possible that slow decision making or unwillingness to increase the military footprint in Libya caused inaction. I just wanted to make sure that Hot Air commenters didn’t automatically assume that military capabilities were a given. blink

I concur on small footprint. It was my understanding that a larger QRF was sitting on the runway at NAS Sigonella waiting for orders which never came. I suspect they were not needed since they were already at the Annex and had secured transport to the airport.

luckybogey on October 23, 2012 at 3:05 AM

PPP says 18% of Democrats are voting for Romney. Lets get that higher. Democrats for Romney!

crosspatch on October 23, 2012 at 3:26 AM

crosspatch on October 23, 2012 at 3:26 AM

The smart Dems know that Obama has to go! They are putting their country above their party, and I applaud them for it.

bluegill on October 23, 2012 at 3:32 AM

It has been disconcerting that Obama did not seem to have a plan for his second reign on the throne of ME, so it’s refreshing, at least, to finally hear his campaign theme expressed so clearly.

Obama’s platform:

I’m awesome. It was awesome. Let’s do it again!

IndieDogg on October 23, 2012 at 4:40 AM

Romney gained 2 in PPP national tonight – 49/47 now. +9 with indies

And even better:

NumbersMuncher ‏@NumbersMuncher
PPP daily has Obama approval at 45/51, Romney more favorable (+5) than Obama (-2). Among indys, Romney its an 18 pt gap (+9 for R, -9 for O)

Bahahahahaha

Chuck Schick on October 23, 2012 at 5:04 AM

Boston Herald endorses Romney

The simple fact is that this nation can’t afford four more years of Barack Obama, four more years of his divisive class warfare rhetoric, four more years of his Chicago-style eco-cronyism and four more years of an administration that will lie and obfuscate — even about the death of a U.S. ambassador — to save its sorry hide.

bayview on October 23, 2012 at 5:53 AM

bluegill on October 23, 2012 at 3:32 AM

I have to say that your views on Romney have been vindicated quite nicely the past couple of months.

Bradky on October 23, 2012 at 6:01 AM

bluegill on October 23, 2012 at 2:33 AM

It all depends on whether the republicans win majority in the senate. If they do Romney has enormous leverage with Reid during the lame duck session. “Harry, if you want us to ignore you the next two years go ahead and stick with Obama his last two months. If not then get off the dime and prevent a sequestration.”
If they don’t win majority sequestration goes into effect and it gets ugly for awhile.
Obama wouldn’t mind at all if he handed a Pres Romney a big stinking turd for the economy to start his term.

Bradky on October 23, 2012 at 6:05 AM

The way Obama posed on his chair while Romney was speaking bordered on psychotic bizarre.
His handlers must of told him to lean forward towards Romney to give the appearance of being forceful. It came across as nearly foaming at the mouth deranged.

And Obama’s talking down to Romney about defense with his asking Romney if he knew we had these ships where planes landed on them and boats that went under the sea….I am sure this registered with women and independents as a negative.

The President always has the advantage in foreign affairs; Romney just had to prove he was Presidential, trustful and competent and he did that – therefore it was a plus debate for him.

albill on October 23, 2012 at 6:11 AM

mika just loves dear leaders performance

dear leader outclassed mitt
-morning joe

cmsinaz on October 23, 2012 at 6:15 AM

Whew, finally, all this important stuff about the economy, foreign policy and the economy is over and done with. Now we can get to important stuff, like abortion, amnesty and gay marriage in Guam.

MTF on October 23, 2012 at 6:27 AM

Debate moderator: “Obama bin Laden”.
LOL.

albill on October 23, 2012 at 6:28 AM

i’m sure lib/left loved it…this is who they are.

but, to me, i think a fair number of people watched the first and then turned it off. But that first section included the sarcastic remark that barry is glad that romney considers al queda a threat…blah, blah, blah

too clever by half barry…you looked like an A number 1 classless jerk. I mean seriously…this guy is our President?

and then shortly after in one long winded oration, barry gave a perfect rendition of what he said in 2008…barry, wake up, your 4 years are up

r keller on October 23, 2012 at 6:31 AM

so dear laeder has a new ad out with his 2nd term agenda…morning joe crew just loving it of course

same crap different day….

cmsinaz on October 23, 2012 at 6:33 AM

Debate moderator: “Obama bin Laden”.

Can’t wait for: Obama bin “private citizen” 1/20/13 1200 hrs; set your calendar!

GreatCommunicator on October 23, 2012 at 6:33 AM

mika just loves dear leaders performance

dear leader outclassed mitt
-morning joe

cmsinaz on October 23, 2012 at 6:15 AM

Remember what Rush called Ms. Fluke? That’s the type of person the airheaded, shameless Mika reminds me of…

Anti-Control on October 23, 2012 at 6:34 AM

nothing new in the plan but the campaign will sure tout it as a new plan

pathetic

cmsinaz on October 23, 2012 at 6:35 AM

nothing new in the plan but the campaign will sure tout it as a new plan

pathetic

cmsinaz on October 23, 2012 at 6:35 AM

It’s ‘new’ only in the sense that they’re saying it today and for the first time.

I won’t watch that show, but I think after last night it might be more appropriate to call that rubbish “Mourning Joe”.

Liam on October 23, 2012 at 6:38 AM

Whatever the polls say, it was clear that Romney was the big winner. He refrained from attacking Obama. Instead he demonstrated that he was informed, capable and entirely reassuring on national defense. He spoke of strategic interests of this nation and how he intends to advance them.

OTOH, Obama was all about, gotcha attacks on what Mitt said when and his “outsourcing” to China, etc. He looked like what he is, out of his depth, petty and lacking seriousness. An amateur who has nothing but personal attacks.

The result is that Mitt-momentum is alive and well. He didn’t score rhetorical points last night, but he did what he needed to win this election. He presented himself as a competent, rational and reliable CinC.

MJBrutus on October 23, 2012 at 6:40 AM

Romney will keep moving forward after tonight. Obama was solid, but Romney tone perfect. What he needed.

Obama was solid? Maybe this a testimony to how government schools how dumbed us down so much. Obama spoke like an idiot. Like he was struggling with the English language. Like he was trying to talk like a big boy in front of the big man. He was on a 6th grade level. Kept struggling for thoughts. His choice of words were juvenile. The use of “folks” is annoying too. Must be why he likes being around kids so much. He doesn’t know how to talk around adults.

And these morons who think he scored some kind of points for saying “This ain’t 1917.. we got fewer horses now too! We got big boats with these airplane things that can land on them and we got these other big boats that go under water. The call them things submarines!”

That whole thing was so freaking insulting to the intelligence of every American! Who did he think his audience was again? 12 year olds?

Hey Obama… the rest of the world didn’t stand still since 1917 either! Do you know they have electricity now in China? Did you know that Russia has the bomb too now? Did you realize that China has been expanding it’s navy and now also has some of those big air craft carriers that the planes come down on and Russian and China also have those boats that go underwater called submarines too? Did you realize that? Or were you thinking they all still had wooden sail boats? Hey.. as great as our aircraft carriers are… they still can’t be in 16 freaking different places at ones! And while you are killing those nice big ships with all the planes that go down on them other nations are building more and more!

What a bunch of freaking horse manure! Romney should have grabbed that one by the cow bells!

JellyToast on October 23, 2012 at 6:41 AM

i’m sure lib/left loved it…this is who they are.

r keller on October 23, 2012 at 6:31 AM

Nice post.

0bozo’s performance last night was an all-around embarrassment, like Biden’s was vs. Ryan, but 0bozo’s childish condescension was even more obnoxious and ridiculous. He did himself no favor.

Anti-Control on October 23, 2012 at 6:41 AM

I hope Mika’s doesn’t slip a red diaper on that cute little Romney baby during the break.

Naturally Curly on October 23, 2012 at 6:41 AM

RepublicanInMA on October 23, 2012 at 1:49 AM

Yep, that’s about it. We were disappointed that Mitt didn’t tear The Puppet President apart over the Libya Scandal, or at least reiterate the questions that have been raised, but Mitt demurred. That, to my mind, was a wimpy decision, but maybe it allowed, as Krauthhammer said, Mitt to “go large” while TPP “went small.”

I’m also in MA. Don’t suppose there’s any hope we can go back to 1984 and win one for the Gipper. . .

MrLynn on October 23, 2012 at 6:46 AM

unfortunately……..the inauguration is on JANUARY 21St this time.

Another 24 hours of executive orders and payback to the America that screwed him!!!!!

November 6th at about 8pm eastern time until 12:01 on 1/21/13…….

……the most dangerous time for America since after 9/11/01.

PappyD61 on October 23, 2012 at 6:48 AM

Anti-Control on October 23, 2012 at 6:34 AM

morning joe says mitt won the debate season…

cmsinaz on October 23, 2012 at 6:48 AM

Liam on October 23, 2012 at 6:38 AM

morning joe crew sounds alot different than what the folks here said the msdnc crew sounded like last night…

cmsinaz on October 23, 2012 at 6:50 AM

Someone pinch me or do we have 2 weeks left of this nonsense.

2 weeks. And I know he won’t be gone until January, but MSNBC will be very watchable on the way there, won’t it ;-) That boob John Heilemann will be sucking in his lips so hard we’ll never see them again.

Marcus on October 23, 2012 at 6:51 AM

Marcus on October 23, 2012 at 6:51 AM

Maybe he’ll suck into himself and vanish into another universe like the house did in Poltergeist.

Liam on October 23, 2012 at 6:54 AM

I watched the debate.

Obama appeared peevish and small. Romney, a bit disheveled and sweaty.

Romney left some points on the table, but I think it was on purpose. Obama swung and missed a lot and ended up injuring himself. I would’ve been happy to see Romney bury Obama on Benghazi, he really buried him on the larger policy failures–apology tour, poor economy. Obama led with smallish attacks and sniping. Romney stood off and lobbed artillery with good accuracy and came away pretty unscathed.

ted c on October 23, 2012 at 6:54 AM

My take.

kingsjester on October 23, 2012 at 6:54 AM

unfortunately……..the inauguration is on JANUARY 21St this time.

Hate to nit pick but that is incorrect; that fact that 1/20 falls on a Sunday does not change the constitutionality, which states that the president is to be sworn in on January 20th at high noon. Ronald Reagan was sworn in for his second term on a Sunday, but then had a larger more elaborate ceremony the next day, Monday, for the public.

GreatCommunicator on October 23, 2012 at 6:55 AM

But dammit, Mitt should have asked why no aid was sent during the attack on the consulate!

It is bewildering that no U.S. aircraft ever came to the aid of the defenders. If even one F18 had been on station, it would have detected the location of hostiles firing at night and deterred and attacked the mortar sites. For our top leadership, with all the technological and military tools at their disposal, to have done nothing for seven hours was a joint civilian and military failure of initiative and nerve. . .

MrLynn on October 23, 2012 at 6:55 AM

We’ve got an effing jerk for a president.

He showed his true colors last night, and his chin. He’s a bball court punk wid no game.

ted c on October 23, 2012 at 6:56 AM

From the Monday Morning QB Club…only 2 points I wish Mitt would have mentioned in closing:

1) Return us to one nation under God (which I believe he stated in 1st debate)
2) The obfuscation and lack of transparency in Benghazi and F&F should have been hammered since Obama had no chance for a final reply.

Other than that, a debate strategy executed perfectly. Now Mitt, unleash the $80 million Kracken ad buys on the Swing States and bring this championship home!

hillsoftx on October 23, 2012 at 6:57 AM

GreatCommunicator on October 23, 2012 at 6:55 AM

So they do the whole ceremony privately just cause it is on a Sunday. Seems odd.

Illinidiva on October 23, 2012 at 7:03 AM

I watched the debate.

Obama appeared peevish and small. Romney, a bit disheveled and sweaty.

ted c on October 23, 2012 at 6:54 AM

I think that Mitt went out of his way to avoid the “playing politics” with national security attack. He kept his criticisms muted and laid out a vision of a strong but restrained American policy. He presented himself as a steady and knowledgeable candidate for POTUS who puts American interests, influence and standing first.

MJBrutus on October 23, 2012 at 7:03 AM

hillsoftx on October 23, 2012 at 6:57 AM

bob threw mitt a softball on benghazi wished he hit it out of the park…

cmsinaz on October 23, 2012 at 7:05 AM

“The mid East isn’t America. It’s a tribal culture.”

Rush Limbaugh says: hell breaks loose.
Tom Brokaw says: crickets.

Marcus on October 23, 2012 at 7:06 AM

dear laeder had total command
-halperin

cmsinaz on October 23, 2012 at 7:06 AM

Yes, I didn’t remember that either that until I was researching RR for my AWESOME 35 min power point show I made in 2004 on the Gipper!

Sorry to quote Wikipedia but I needed it fast and dirty:

As January 20 was a Sunday, the swearing in of Ronald Reagan took place privately in the Grand Foyer of the White House, although it was televised. The following day, January 21, Chief Justice Warren E. Burger administered the oath publicly at the 1985 inauguration. As the weather outside was harsh, with temperatures near zero degrees Fahrenheit, the planners were forced to cancel most of the outdoor events, and the inaugural address was delivered in the Capitol Rotunda

Just the thought of Barry with another 24 hours is just about as scary as past four years!!

GreatCommunicator on October 23, 2012 at 7:08 AM