Wrap up: The third debate; Update: Insta-polls coming in

posted at 11:02 pm on October 22, 2012 by Allahpundit

The nearly universal consensus on Twitter is that Romney won by holding his own, which is all a challenger needs to do in a foreign-policy debate. After watching him talk about international affairs for 90 minutes, does he seem like a guy you’d trust with the button? If yes, then mission accomplished.

Doesn’t matter who won the battle, says Ron Fournier. What matters is who won the war:

Mitt Romney wins. That’s not to say he won Monday night’s debate or the presidential campaign, but it’s safe to say he won an important chapter: The debate season…

There are ample reasons for both Obama and Romney to feel optimistic about their chances Nov. 6. But through his own steady performances and a spectacular first-debate failure by the incumbent, Romney has cleared an important hurdle: A near-decisive number of Americans believe that he is a viable alternative to Obama, an incumbent saddled with a weak economy and a pessimistic national mood.

Another point made more than once in the national tweet scrum tonight was that it sometimes felt like Romney was the incumbent and Obama the angry, occasionally snide challenger. That’s a byproduct, I’m sure, of Team Mitt rehearsing very carefully to capture the sort of tone that Murphy mentioned above. Romney wanted to show the audience not just that he understands Afghanistan, Syria, and Iran, but that he’s unflappable even in a tense situation. Obama wasn’t facing that test so he could afford to be more aggressive, if only to impress his base. Because he was playing offense, I’ll bet that he wins the insta-polls. But that won’t matter; the bottom line is that Romney’s still on track. Stand by for updates.

Update: To see what I mean by snide, here’s O telling Romney that the 1980s called and asked for their foreign policy back. Which is an old enough gag that I think it actually does date to the 1980s.

Update: No surprise:

Waiting for CNN’s poll and, maybe, some focus group video.

Update: A curious lack of curiosity:

Soledad O’Brien was just interviewing the CNN undecided voter focus group. She asked them (quoting from memory): “How many of you changed your mind based upon tonight’s debate.” A whole bunch of hands went up. But — and this is not a joke — O’Brien refused to ask them who they’d would vote for because voting is a “private matter.”

I’m not making this up.

Update: Hearing on Twitter that CNN’s insta-poll has Obama winning 48/40. O won the insta-poll after the second debate by a nearly identical margin, and yet the Mitt-mentum continued. Meanwhile, for what it’s worth, Mark Halperin calls it a flat tie.

Update: A more significant poll result, maybe:

Update: Say, what happened to the Benghazi tonight?

Update: Another key data point:

Update: George Will celebrates the triumph of anti-interventionists:

Update: Not much of a “win” for O, was it?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 5 11

They’re already calling out the big 0 on his lies from this debate.

cynccook on October 22, 2012 at 11:14 PM

Democrat Chris Wallace nailed Obama on the top 3 of the night.

Schadenfreude on October 22, 2012 at 11:25 PM

Sarah be thy name! Hammering on the Obamunist……

The ONLY R who has the ball$ to call Ozero THE LIAR THAT HE IS !

Go cuda !

FlaMurph on October 22, 2012 at 11:25 PM

Obama is not going to like that picture on Drudge.
The guy already looks older than Romney.
Acts like a 12 y/old looks like a worn out old man.

bailey24 on October 22, 2012 at 11:25 PM

Another American foreign policy debate come and gone. Both candidates agree that imperialism is awesome, drone strikes that kill children are awesome and that we should keep borrowing from China to afford a useless foreign policy. Yay I guess.

libfreeordie on October 22, 2012 at 11:21 PM

Vote for Mitt. Vote for a change in the policies you think are so bad. Mitt will deliver.

hawkdriver on October 22, 2012 at 11:25 PM

libfreeordie on October 22, 2012 at 11:21 PM

And you’ll vote for Obama who has done all of that. Yay, you.

MeatHeadinCA on October 22, 2012 at 11:25 PM

Damn, Palin looks HOT.

Naughty Librarian fantasy, activate!

Darksean on October 22, 2012 at 11:25 PM

Ship’s do not go underwater.

SWalker on October 22, 2012 at 11:17 PM

Not on purpose, anyway…

Gohawgs on October 22, 2012 at 11:25 PM

I wasn’t posting much in the other thread as I couldn’t watch the debate at work, but that CBS poll is pretty shocking. A full majority of undecideds went with Obama? Did he really dominate that heavily?

Typhonsentra on October 22, 2012 at 11:24 PM

No, and if you doubt me, turn into the wake on MSNBC.

Resist We Much on October 22, 2012 at 11:25 PM

After the last debate (debate # 2) the media had “flash polls” that showed Obama winning. However, the polls (biased as they are) continue to show Romney increasing his lead.
jaime on October 22, 2012 at 11:16 PM

Who won the debating points is not nearly important as who succeeded in advancing his electoral prospects, and tonight that was Romney. Obama can be the debate champion, and Romney can be president.

ghostwriter on October 22, 2012 at 11:25 PM

The poll results will be much worse for Romney than after debate #2.

gumbyandpokey on October 22, 2012 at 11:14 PM

Zzzzzzzzzzzzz…………

I can’t believe this is your job.

Chuck Schick on October 22, 2012 at 11:25 PM

runner on October 22, 2012 at 11:24 PM

wargamer6 on October 22, 2012 at 11:25 PM

The picture/caption on Drudge is worth a million bucks.

Schadenfreude on October 22, 2012 at 11:25 PM

I have to say that voting for W in 2004 (my first presidential vote) was done out of my hatred of Kerry’s agenda. Voting for McCain in ’08 was supporting a lost cause out of obligation, to keep Obama away from the levers of power.

Romney was strong tonight, as he’s been continuously since he whupped Obama in Denver. He was confident, and he tore apart liberal blame-America-first ideology with a smile on his face. I’m going to be proud to vote for him, even hailing from a state that has no effective bearing on the electoral college.

I was born during Reagan’s second term, so I never got to vote for him. I wonder if this is what it felt like?

KingGold on October 22, 2012 at 11:26 PM

Well if nothing else, at least we both learned what they call those ships that go under water.

verbaluce on October 22, 2012 at 11:10 PM

Thanks for confessing you are an ignoramus. The good readers at hotair dot com can pass anything you say in the future.

tom daschle concerned on October 22, 2012 at 11:26 PM

My reaction: We saw two men talk about foreign policy tonight. One calmly laid out his plan for our nation’s security and prosperity, seemingly every inch the Commander in Chief of the greatest nation on Earth…

… and the other was Barack Obama.

ExUrbanKevin on October 22, 2012 at 11:26 PM

Soledad’s CNN “undecided” focus group taking a beating on Twitter. She stacks it with O-bots — ad then refuses to ask who they’ve changed their votes to at the end…because she knows it isn’t Zero!

Ha, ha, ha, ha, Soledad is just such easy fail.

Rational Thought on October 22, 2012 at 11:26 PM

Ship’s do not go underwater.

SWalker on October 22, 2012 at 11:17 PM

They do if they take a torpedo or two from a boat.

The bubblehead vote is lost to Barky the Military Genius.

Bishop on October 22, 2012 at 11:26 PM

The poll results will be much worse for Romney than after debate #2.

gumbyandpokey on October 22, 2012 at 11:14 PM

I’ll take it.

El_Terrible on October 22, 2012 at 11:26 PM

Don’t worry…Ed or Erika will track down a poll you’ll be more comfortable with.

verbaluce on October 22, 2012 at 11:20 PM

Considering the amount of catterwalling from the left over polls the last few days, I find this remark really very funny.

BTW, if I had a dollar for everytime Obama lied his behind off tonight, I could pay off my Nissan.

Terrye on October 22, 2012 at 11:26 PM

Quite right. People think that “ship” and “boat” are synonymous, but any Navy fellow worth his/her salt will tell you that just ain’t so.

KingGold on October 22, 2012 at 11:19 PM

ROTFLMAO… My Dad and two of my brothers were in the US Navy, I literally had that lesson beaten into me… o_O

SWalker on October 22, 2012 at 11:22 PM

Quick, snap answer:

Is a whaleback a boat, or a ship?

cozmo on October 22, 2012 at 11:26 PM

Romney was being concise and giving a clear vision of the future. Obama can say all the lies he wants, but he can’t run away from his record. I think independents will see that.

bandutski on October 22, 2012 at 11:26 PM

Ship’s do not go underwater.

SWalker on October 22, 2012 at 11:17 PM

A Marine e-mailed Chris Wallace that they still use bayonets.

Schadenfreude on October 22, 2012 at 11:26 PM

In 2008, Barack Obama was, arguably, the least qualified person ever elected to the Presidency of the United States.

All he has accomplished over the past four years is to prove it.

IndieDogg on October 22, 2012 at 11:26 PM

Folks, get easy on Obama! He just misspoke. Naturally, he meant “shits that go underwater”, i.e. himself.

Archivarix on October 22, 2012 at 11:26 PM

Mary Katharine Ham @mkhammer
RT @ppppolls: Swing state voters say Obama won the debate 53-42, and are planning to vote for him 51-45

gumbyandpokey on October 22, 2012 at 11:11 PM

I fear you are losing it. I think MKH is being sarcastic, and you are pimping this as an actual piece of information.

Night Owl on October 22, 2012 at 11:27 PM

It is really sad to watch the pathetic reactions of the political junkies regarding the debates, the pundits comments on comments, and the very laughable insta-polls regarding the debates. They really believe that an insta-polls results is a clear proof about how the elections would turn out… Seriously folks, use your brains and stop obsessing over meaningless stuff… This election was decided two weeks ago and Romney is the winner…

mnjg on October 22, 2012 at 11:27 PM

Typhonsentra on October 22, 2012 at 11:24 PM

Apparently they’re going to continue supporting Obama.

rogerb on October 22, 2012 at 11:27 PM

Am I the only one that is completely revolted every time that Obama refers to himself as “the commander in chief”?

ghostwriter on October 22, 2012 at 11:27 PM

Is Sarah Palin a paid spokesperson for the oil companies?

Don’t worry, I agree with ‘drill-baby-drill’, but she always starts with this in every interview with Sean.

Corporal Tunnel on October 22, 2012 at 11:24 PM

It’s Alaska’s ONLY significant industry.

SWalker on October 22, 2012 at 11:27 PM

The only thing Obama won tonight was telling more outright lies and making more misleading statements. I think he’s told these lies so many times he believes them.

savage24 on October 22, 2012 at 11:27 PM

Update: A curious lack of curiosity:

I’m not making this up

That really is odd, isn’t it? LOL

cynccook on October 22, 2012 at 11:27 PM

So nice to see our all-star band of moron trolls descend for one last cameo tonight.

Your desperation and resignation smells awfully nice through my computer screen.

Just remember to show up for your final curtain call on Noember 6th – and you better cash Axelrod’s last check fast before it bounces.

ICanSeeNovFromMyHouse on October 22, 2012 at 11:27 PM

Whaleback is a steamship.

Schadenfreude on October 22, 2012 at 11:27 PM

CBS insta-polls been all over the place during these debates, so I don’t put much stock in them.

CNN, looks, “about,” right. I suspected Obama would win the insta-polls because people tend to award extra points for attacking, and Obama was constantly on the attack. However, the top-line in those insta-polls is typically irrelevant. Unless somebody wins by overwhelming margins the topline just doesn’t move people.

What Romney did tonight was come out, look calm, collected, and professional. He didn’t beat Obama like some of us would’ve liked, but you could very easily see Romney taking on the role of commander and chief, which was important.

Obama, looked, HORRIBLE! He threw out snide petty attacks constantly and looked agitated and condescending all night. On foreign policy typically voters expect candidates to put aside their differences and have a serious discussion. Romney did that, Obama didn’t.

WolvenOne on October 22, 2012 at 11:28 PM

Night Owl on October 22, 2012 at 11:27 PM

Um, no. That’s what PPP found. It’s an insta-poll, by a lib outfit, but that’s what they found.

Discard it, of course.

KingGold on October 22, 2012 at 11:28 PM

libfreeordie on October 22, 2012 at 11:21 PM

Yeah I can’t argue with you here.

bgibbs1000 on October 22, 2012 at 11:28 PM

Romney’s worst answer was by far his first set of answers on Libya. We need to spend more money on foreign aid to the middle east? Really? Educational development and gender equality? That’s your plan? Last I checked, Pakistan was more than happy to cash our check and give Osama bin Laden luxury accomodations.

That, plus saying that we can’t kill our way out of the middle east (which, to lift a phrase from Obama 2008, yes we can) was embarassing.
Stoic Patriot on October 22, 2012 at 11:10 PM

I certainly hope we are both voting for Mitt, but I have to agree with him on this point. We really can’t kill our way out. We have spent trillions of dollars and lost countless lives in the Middle East, and it is more chaotic than ever.

The solution, if it can be accomplished, is education, gender equality and economic development. If women are equal, will they permit a return to being lashed to death for being raped, to having acid thrown on their faces for going to school? Will they support a regressive religious regime that adheres to these values?

Economic analysis have suggested that lack of opportunity is a key component of the rise of militant islam. in the absence of other paths, young men fight to the death and become suicide bombers, in hopes of finding prosperity and success in the afterlife as they have no hope of finding it in their current society. Give them legitimate opportunities for peace and prosperity and their motivation disappears. It’s the same approach that was successful in defeating Russian communism. Capitalism and freedom produce prosperity. We all want to prosper.

talkingpoints on October 22, 2012 at 11:28 PM

How come broads were not Palin-hot when I was a kid?

Lanceman on October 22, 2012 at 11:28 PM

Romney had a strategy, go after the last little sliver of independents…

And he did that tonight…

MGardner on October 22, 2012 at 11:28 PM

Did anyone keep a count of how many times Obama said “bin Laden”?

farsighted on October 22, 2012 at 11:21 PM

Romney shoud’ve said it wasn’t “you” personally who killed it was Navy Seal Team Six.

Also should’ve said that yes any good Amerrican or President would’ve ordered the kill on bin laden and it’s amazing that it took maobama over 16 hours, that he had to sleep on it!

And say that biden said no b/c he’s an effing moron!

LevinFan on October 22, 2012 at 11:28 PM

The 1980′s called. They’re asking for the Soviet Union back. They’d like to speak with Obama.

CrustyB on October 22, 2012 at 11:29 PM

The picture on Drudge says it all.

Schadenfreude on October 22, 2012 at 11:05 PM

Aww, that vein on his face there, in that pic, looks like it’s about to snap and burst out :) :)……

jimver on October 22, 2012 at 11:29 PM

Quick, snap answer:

Is a whaleback a boat, or a ship?

cozmo on October 22, 2012 at 11:26 PM

A Whaleback, or a Shellback?

SWalker on October 22, 2012 at 11:29 PM

It pains me to say this, I will be taking a dissenting role from the majority of you. I believe there was no clear winner. Romney had multiple oppurtunitys teed up for him this evening in which he could have turned the argument. He elected not to do so. I found him quite passive. Prevent defense comes to mind. 0 was allowed to articulate all of his pre rehearsed talking points largely unopposed. 0 appeared to be in command, regardless of whether there was any truth to what he asserted. Romney was far too complimentary of 0′s policy’s. Even seeming to go out of his way at points. I view this as unforced errors. Never supply good optics to the adversary. You gain less in return than your initial investment. As the optics of this go, 0 was allowed to assert pretty much anything he desired without resistance though out the majority of the debate. One for instance out of many, Romney had an oppurtunity to point out where as in the budget is concerned. Mr. President, when is the last time you signed a budget? Instead Romney made no mention. Romney had many consecutive chances to present arguments in a direct manner which would have put 0 on defense. Instead Romney seemed to concede these points and allow 0 to remain on offense. Many have suggested that Romney looked Presidential. I found him to be to dossel. I ask myself, had this been the first debate, what would my take had been? My take would have been that 0 commanded both the direction of the argument and the last word on many points. The point that I kept getting upset by the most was Romneys lack of interest on turning the argument, 0′s own words, against him and forcing a defensive posture. 0 never really answered any of the questions directly. He instead consistently was allowed to rattle off talking point after talking point. I am quite convinced Romney will be the next President and that for 0 this was too little to late. I just would have enjoyed seeing Romney taking it to him the way he did in debates one and two. He elected instead to assume a more passive posture while allowing 0 to enjoy his talking points. Sorry to be underwhelmed by Romney this evening. But when I ask myself what if this had been the first debate? How sure would I have felt? I can say, not good. For me the Romney I saw this evening was the Romney I had feared. All to happy to get by and play along. I will call it a draw at best. Thankful that this was not the Romney who showed up for the first two.

Bmore on October 22, 2012 at 11:29 PM

Obama was petulant and small.

John the Libertarian on October 22, 2012 at 11:29 PM

Typhonsentra on October 22, 2012 at 11:24 PM

Yeah, I tell every pollster who calls here (I live in Ohio) than I’m either an “independent” or an “undecided.” Pssst! It’s not actually quite true.

cynccook on October 22, 2012 at 11:29 PM

Was Palin n Fla tonite ?

FlaMurph on October 22, 2012 at 11:29 PM

No, and if you doubt me, turn into the wake on MSNBC.

Resist We Much on October 22, 2012 at 11:25 PM

Axel-grease on CNN couldn’t even spin it as a win for Zero. That’s bad. Very bad. I imagine he was utterly freaking out about all the shit he’s gonna have to clean up the next 2 weeks — bayonets, sequestration, ships that go under water…Total disaster for Zero. As usual, Zero might squeak a win in these insta-polls, but he’ll lose the narrative for the next week.

Rational Thought on October 22, 2012 at 11:29 PM

That really is odd, isn’t it? LOL

cynccook on October 22, 2012 at 11:27 PM

She didn’t need to ask, having picked the “undecideds” herself.

Archivarix on October 22, 2012 at 11:29 PM

gumbyandpokey on October 22, 2012

…go fluke off…you tiresome fluke!

KOOLAID2 on October 22, 2012 at 11:29 PM

Obma’s interruptions

Schadenfreude on October 22, 2012 at 11:29 PM

Oh, boy a return to the Luntz group… I wonder how many shoes will be thrown.

Gingotts on October 22, 2012 at 11:29 PM

I’M HUNGRY LIKE A WOLF!!!!!!!!

El_Terrible on October 22, 2012 at 11:29 PM

Zzzzzzzzzzzzz…………

I can’t believe this is your job.

lol!

newtopia on October 22, 2012 at 11:29 PM

mnjg on October 22, 2012 at 11:27 PM

Very well said. I have correctly picked the winner of every presidential race since 1982 (when I first voted). Romney will be our next president.

bandutski on October 22, 2012 at 11:29 PM

Man, obama got da slim disease fo’ sho’.

Lanceman on October 22, 2012 at 11:29 PM

Sarah be thy name! Hammering on the Obamunist……

The ONLY R who has the ball$ to call Ozero THE LIAR THAT HE IS !

Go cuda !

FlaMurph on October 22, 2012 at 11:25 PM

Yeah thanks for not running Sarah!!!

She could’ve won this when we needed her most but strung us all along and said no!

LevinFan on October 22, 2012 at 11:30 PM

Quick, snap answer:

Is a whaleback a boat, or a ship?

cozmo on October 22, 2012 at 11:26 PM

Ship

jimver on October 22, 2012 at 11:30 PM

Romney looked like the president tonight…

MGardner on October 22, 2012 at 11:30 PM

Fox Ralph Peters: “Debate tonight between 2 people… a man that makes things happen… and a man that makes things up”

faraway on October 22, 2012 at 11:30 PM

ghostwriter on October 22, 2012 at 11:27 PM

I’m just happy he was never mine.

Bishop on October 22, 2012 at 11:30 PM

Romney debated like a guy winning in the polls riding good momentum–calm, confident, tactically focused and strong. He won by not getting bogged down by Obama’s pettiness. He was very impressive and presidential.

Obama did come off as desperate throughout the night–trying to land punches and missing. He debated like a guy who knows he’s down in the polls and running out of time.

RepubChica on October 22, 2012 at 11:31 PM

And you’ll vote for Obama who has done all of that. Yay, you.

MeatHeadinCA on October 22, 2012 at 11:25 PM

Mitt Romney isn’t offering an alternative on foreign policy. And his alternatives on domestic policy are reprehensible. But when it comes to a Presidential on debate on foreign policy, there is no winners.

libfreeordie on October 22, 2012 at 11:31 PM

Was Palin n Fla tonite ?

FlaMurph on October 22, 2012 at 11:29 PM

I wish!

Lanceman on October 22, 2012 at 11:31 PM

gumbyandpokey on October 22, 2012 at 11:08 PM

Look up the Battle of Santa Cruz Islands (1942)…which occurred after the Battle of Midway.

Obama had to make Romney into GWB on foreign policy. He failed. Obama already suffered his “Midway” in the first debate on the economy.

Even the CBS poll (weak as it is) shows it as Obama wins 53% vs Romney wins or ties: 47%. That is not good enough to overcome Obama’s weak showing on the economy in these polls. The economy is the big one, and Obama needed a decisive overwhelming victory on foreign policy. Something like a 60-70% win. Draws on foreign policy at this point are defeats for Obama.

William Eaton on October 22, 2012 at 11:31 PM

The picture on Drudge says it all.

Schadenfreude on October 22, 2012 at 11:05 PM

jimver on October 22, 2012 at 11:29 PM

What pisses me off is the stress of the job didn’t do it. Because leading a nation at war didn’t concern him on his putting green. Finally getting the impression he could actually lose this election is what worried and aged him.

hawkdriver on October 22, 2012 at 11:31 PM

What a fun board tonight. You know your guy did well, when the Hot Gassers are so sublime with their man’s debate performance that not even a loaded CBS snap poll or the trolls can get under their skin.

newtopia on October 22, 2012 at 11:31 PM

Was Palin n Fla tonite ?

FlaMurph on October 22, 2012 at 11:29 PM

….I couldn’t see the end of her necklace…and I really really REALLY wanted too!

KOOLAID2 on October 22, 2012 at 11:31 PM

Bmore on October 22, 2012 at 11:29 PM

Look at it this way, B: when I was in high school, a friend of mine got a full-ride football scholarship to a small school down South. It was a done deal, papers were signed and everything. So, how do you think he played his last high school games? Like a crazed maniac intent on shattering records? Or as a smart, careful person who really wanted his business degree paid for?

cynccook on October 22, 2012 at 11:31 PM

Obama was petulant and small.

John the Libertarian on October 22, 2012 at 11:29 PM

Beaten. Go see Drudge.

Schadenfreude on October 22, 2012 at 11:31 PM

Typhonsentra on October 22, 2012 at 11:24 PM

Typhoid at it again….

jimver on October 22, 2012 at 11:31 PM

I just gotta say that thank God Romney didn’t mention Trapper Keeper. Would it be possible to recover from such a horrible gaffe?

NotCoach on October 22, 2012 at 11:31 PM

libfreeordie on October 22, 2012 at 11:21 PM

Actually, Mitt has been quite clear he does not want to continue borrowing from China.

talkingpoints on October 22, 2012 at 11:32 PM

A Marine e-mailed Chris Wallace that they still use bayonets.

Schadenfreude

Yes, and “fix bayonets” is still the most dreaded order.

Knott Buyinit on October 22, 2012 at 11:32 PM

“Romney had a strategy, go after the last little sliver of independents…

And he did that tonight…

MGardner on October 22, 2012 at 11:28 PM”

And, if the polls are to be believed, he didn’t get them.

gumbyandpokey on October 22, 2012 at 11:32 PM

Gumbeypokey earning the $17.50 per hour from Obama For America Inc.

rickyricardo on October 22, 2012 at 11:32 PM

Ship’s do not go underwater.

SWalker on October 22, 2012 at 11:17 PM

Obama’s ship is looking like it just might.

Aviator on October 22, 2012 at 11:32 PM

Bmore on October 22, 2012 at 11:29 PM

You Bastard!

jaime on October 22, 2012 at 11:32 PM

CNN “snap poll” says O 48, R 40?

If O had won large it would be front page news.

48-40 is almost a Tie. And it’s well below a majority opinion.

Just curious-how do they do these post-debate “snap polls” anyway? Are they phone-based, or online?

Del Dolemonte on October 22, 2012 at 11:32 PM

Politico’s John Harris: Obama Diminished Himself As A Commander-In-Chief http://youtu.be/PodoDQ_s47Q

Flora Duh on October 22, 2012 at 11:32 PM

I view this as unforced errors.

Bmore on October 22, 2012 at 11:29 PM

Nice. I love a good rant. But B, Krauthammer is right about this. All Romney needed to do is appear presidential. In agreeing with a lot of Obama’s foreign policy, he appeared to be willing to work across the aisle. He broke from purely partisan rancor. I would argue that Romney was far more assertive, and did it with a twinkle in his eye, whereas Obama seemed really pissed off and petty.

John the Libertarian on October 22, 2012 at 11:32 PM

bandutski on October 22, 2012 at 11:29 PM

1982???

ghostwriter on October 22, 2012 at 11:32 PM

A Whaleback, or a Shellback?

SWalker on October 22, 2012 at 11:29 PM

Whaleback ya’ pollywog.

Ship

jimver on October 22, 2012 at 11:30 PM

Trick question, it could be either.

Though with the current heavy lift ships, the whole thing is getting murkier.

cozmo on October 22, 2012 at 11:32 PM

Everytime I watch CNN they are fact checking, but never Obama’s claims.

Tater Salad on October 22, 2012 at 11:32 PM

Ship’s do not go underwater.

SWalker on October 22, 2012 at 11:17 PM

A Marine e-mailed Chris Wallace that they still use bayonets.

Schadenfreude on October 22, 2012 at 11:26 PM

And, we still use horses. See Afghanistan.

Obama on “ships that go underwater”: Fail

Obama on bayonets: Fail

Obama on horses: Fail

Who’s the CinC, again?

Resist We Much on October 22, 2012 at 11:32 PM

Obama appeared to be a changed angry man who lost Hope.

Indian Outlaw on October 22, 2012 at 11:32 PM

Why nobody is praising the moderator? I thought Bob Schieffer was as fair and impartial as he could afford without being ostracized by his CBS colleagues. Anyone thinks differently?

Archivarix on October 22, 2012 at 11:33 PM

Romney’s strength isn’t FP, and Obama’s goal was to make Romney’s FP look similar to Bush Jr. Romney used dovish terms to “attract” undecided voters, and women. Most independents and undecided voters could care less about FP, except to see that Romney could handle the job, and he passed that.

Raquel Pinkbullet on October 22, 2012 at 11:33 PM

MeatHeadinCA on October 22, 2012 at 11:25 PM

libfreeordie on October 22, 2012 at 11:31 PM

Pathetic.

hawkdriver on October 22, 2012 at 11:33 PM

libfreeordie on October 22, 2012 at 11:21 PM

You left a Batman movie “disgusted” but will readily vote in November for a man who kills children.

Well done.

rogerb on October 22, 2012 at 11:33 PM

libfreeordie on October 22, 2012 at 11:31 PM

When it comes to leftist ivy league professors there is no learning and there is no teaching. How on Earth did you arrive at this position? It’s rhetorical.

Schadenfreude on October 22, 2012 at 11:33 PM

newtopia on October 22, 2012 at 11:31 PM

Also helps that we know these opportunities to screw the favorable momentum are behind us and all is well. Four debates. Only one knockout in them, but that’s all we needed. Now it’s just about dodging the desperate nonsense that will be thrown by Obama’s flailing campaign of thugs.

Gingotts on October 22, 2012 at 11:33 PM

San Francisco is going underwater

faraway on October 22, 2012 at 11:33 PM

Watching Palin just now on Fox, it occurred to me that Zero’s performance tonight — bayonets, ships going under water, the ’80s called, etc. — was the kind of ditzy, ignorant, ill-informed performance they accused her of, which was untrue, of course, but in Zero’s case he really is that stupid. Do liberals ever notice this kind of irony? Does it ever just creep up on them, at night, when they’re trying to fall asleep?

Rational Thought on October 22, 2012 at 11:33 PM

How come broads were not Palin-hot when I was a kid?

Lanceman on October 22, 2012 at 11:28 PM

They were, but Frank Sinatra had them in his hotel room out of sight.

Phoenix7 on October 22, 2012 at 11:33 PM

And, if the polls are to be believed, he didn’t get them.

gumbyandpokey on October 22, 2012 at 11:32 PM

ROTFLMAO… And Scott Walker didn’t win the governorship of Wisconsin either… Tool….

SWalker on October 22, 2012 at 11:34 PM

Yeah thanks for not running Sarah!!!

LevinFan on October 22, 2012 at 11:30 PM

lol seriously? even i got over that. XD

Sachiko on October 22, 2012 at 11:34 PM

Archivarix on October 22, 2012 at 11:33 PM

Obama had SEVEN MINUTES more than Romney.

thatsafactjack on October 22, 2012 at 11:34 PM

I view this as unforced errors.

Bmore on October 22, 2012 at 11:29 PM

John the Libertarian on October 22, 2012 at 11:32 PM

He killed him with kindness–he just stuck the dagger in.

ghostwriter on October 22, 2012 at 11:34 PM