Quotes of the day

posted at 8:31 pm on October 21, 2012 by Allahpundit

“I don’t crow about bad polls, I don’t crow about good polls. I just want trends,” said Ron Kaufman, a top Romney adviser. “And the bottom line is the trends are kind of good for us. That’s all that matters at this point. There’s a long way to go.”

“It’s been an enjoyable journey,” he added. “I think we’re having more fun right now than they are.“

***

Obama won [Ohio] in 2008 largely because of a healthy lead among independents and a highly enthusiastic base’s turning out votes. Right now Romney is leading big with independents, has a more enthusiastic base, and is drawing crowds in Ohio that rival Obama’s. While he is down 2.5 points in the polls, the average poll is assuming 2008 turnout which is unlikely to repeat itself this year. Adding the fact that early voting is trending more Republican than in 2008, there is a lot of reason for optimism that this race is much closer than the current polls suggest. Not bad for a candidate who was declared dead in the state just a few weeks ago.

***

Among Keystone State voters in our poll who say the economy and job creation is the most important issue that will influence their vote, voters prefer Romney over Obama by a 54% to 40% margin. This is clear evidence Romney is winning the jobs argument. Voters in Western Pa, who tend to be blue collar, working class Democrats, care about jobs and resent the President’s war on coal. In the Pittsburgh market, Romney is on track to run up huge margins. In the vote-rich Southeast collar counties around Philadelphia, Romney is neck-and-neck with Obama because these more affluent, better educated suburban voters identify with Mitt Romney and a lot of what he stands for. They know he’s not an extremist, know he cares about kids and women, saved the Olympics and wants deficits under control…

This is why our statewide polling was the first to show Romney with an improved image in the Commonwealth after the first debate – 48% now view him favorably, a huge reversal from pre-debate polling. And this is a clear indication even in a “blue” state like Pennsylvania voters are smart enough to know that having a leader in the White House who understands job creation is more important than having the letter “R” or “D” posted outside the Oval office door.

***

The psychology of the race has shifted, a prospect that advisers to Mr. Obama had long fought. They sought to define Mr. Romney as an unacceptable choice, hoping to keep enough voters who supported Mr. Obama in 2008 from seeing Mr. Romney as a plausible alternative…

Here in Florida, the largest competitive state with 29 electoral votes, supporters of Mr. Romney say they have noticed a drastic change since the Oct. 3 debate in Denver, where his strong performance came as he stepped up his advertising in Florida.

“For a long time, the Republican rationale was ‘I just want Obama to lose,’ ” said Brian Ballard, a co-chairman of the Romney campaign in the state. “He opened people’s eyes at the debate. It moved the needle for the pro-Romney vote, not just that we can’t have four more years of the same.”

***

[Obama supporters] at the George Mason University event described various means used to cope with political panic, whether prompted by a poor debate performance or a particularly gnawing poll…

“I felt like I was going to cry [after the debate],” said Nancy Aboulmouna, of Arlington. “I have not yet. Not yet. I just wanted to. I talked to my parents and friends. But then I found out that some of them were Romney supporters and it got worse from there.”

Faced with a campaign narrative not to their liking, some Obama supporters simply tuned out. Johana Posada, 25, of Arlington, said she stopped paying attention to the polls when they began to go south for Obama after that first debate.

***

The Republicans are now the ones offering ideas of progress or reform, while the Democrats fiercely fight to protect the established order of entitlements, tax hikes, and obeisance to unions, greens, and feminists. Even when Obama and Biden have been highly caffeinated, they have not stated their plans and goals for a second term. They are too busy painting a socialist-realist mural of Romney and Ryan as maniacal reactionaries. They are too preoccupied with protecting subsidies for Big Bird, Planned Parenthood, and windmills.

Four years ago, President Obama and Vice President Biden were bursting with plans. Obama said he would cut the deficit, middle-class taxes, and health care premiums, while also creating a new entitlement to health insurance. He said he’d revamp America’s energy, education, and immigration policies for the 21st century. He delivered a speech in the early months of his term saying he’d put America on a “new foundation.” His 2011 State of the Union address was devoted to “winning the future.”

But all of these big dreams have crashed against the granite wall of reality. The deficit is up, the price of fuel and health care premiums has increased, incomes are down, and tax increases loom. Obama is exhausted. His political capital is spent. The boldest proposal he’s put forward recently is hiring another 100,000 teachers. That doesn’t even rise to the level of small-ball. It’s mini-golf.

***

Flash-forward to 2012 and all we’ve seen from the man who promised us hope, change, and a new kind of politics is a nakedly cynical divide and conquer crusade that’s only gotten worse in its closing days. While Romney focuses his closing argument on the future, his agenda, and the realities of governing, our president is literally going all in on Big Bird, contraception, Binder-gate, “Romnesia,” and aids flanking him at rallies holding signs that read: “Women’s Health Security.”

This smallness and naked desperation is not only apparent, it’s familiar. I don’t mean to pick at an old scab, but in the closing days of the ’08 campaign, we saw the same kind of behavior from John McCain. He knew he was losing and in a desperate bid to gain traction, his message became erratic (suspending the campaign) and small (Joe the Plumber).

Probably with good reason, Barack Obama is also not acting like a winner. So bad is his behavior, in fact, that he’s given Romney a massive opening to declare Obama’s behavior “unpresidential.” Wasn’t it just a few weeks ago that Romney was beaten senseless for his lack of substance? The secret’s out: Obama has no second-term agenda.

***

Sure, the Republicans still insist on bringing up trivial, peripheral distractions like Benghazi, Obamacare, multi-trillion-dollar debt, unsustainable entitlements, permanent long-term unemployment, and the looming January 1 “fiscal cliff.” But Democrats know that, if Romney gets his way, there’ll be nothing at the bottom of the fiscal cliff to break your fall except binders. In RomneyWorld, when the mullahs drop the big Iranian nuke, there’ll be nothing crawling out from the irradiated rubble except cockroaches and binders — or some hideous mutation of the two: bindroaches, vile creatures prowling the land on three pairs of jointed rings ready to snap shut on your daughters’ ankles as they attempt to access the last Planned Parenthood clinic in America…

Some years ago, the then–French defense minister, Jean-Pierre Chevènement, complained that the Americans were committed to “the organized cretinization of our people.” I’ve never accepted the thesis, but I have to say that, in the final weeks of his reelection campaign, the first man in history to spend $6 trillion and leave no trace is doing a magnificent job of cretinizing his own base. In the binders of history, this one will be worth its own tab.

***

Eileen touched her friend’s arm. “Most women I know, whether they’re for Obama or Romney, they feel the same thing,” she said. “[Abortion is] a distraction. That whole Gloria Steinem thing is old.”…

Romney’s “binders full of women” line, an awkward phrasing that inspired reams of mockery on the Internet, wasn’t changing any minds among the women I spoke to. Democratic partisans saw it as more evidence Romney was out of touch; Republican partisans saw it as of a piece with his business background. “Anyone who’s ever been a professional, ever, knows that’s how you get resumes: in a binder,”43-year-old Republican stay-at-home mother Michele Moss said, rolling her eyes. Only someone who’d never been in the business world — like Obama — would fail to understand that.

The “binders” line didn’t register at all among the undecided women.

Via Gallup.

***

Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.) delivered a withering assault on President Barack Obama on Sunday, asserting that the president hasn’t laid out a concrete agenda for a second term and is instead making up catch phrases like “Romnesia.”

“That fires up his base, people who are going to vote for him anyway,” Rubio said on ABC’s “This Week.” “But for the rest of Americans who are trying to make up their mind who to vote for, what they’re wondering is, ‘Well, that’s very cute Mr. President, but what are you going to do for the future?’”

***

Comments

Comment pages: 1 6 7 8 9

thatsafactjack on October 22, 2012 at 1:05 AM

Whatever you do don’t let Schadenfreude see this. He’s been a better friend than I deserve. Whatever you do don’t tell em.

Bmore on October 22, 2012 at 1:08 AM

Bmore on October 22, 2012 at 1:06 AM

You might have been looking for two digits, I realize…that w/b more concise :)

Schadenfreude on October 22, 2012 at 1:08 AM

Bmore on October 22, 2012 at 1:08 AM

lol! I’ve got you covered! Shhh. :)

thatsafactjack on October 22, 2012 at 1:09 AM

Ha ha ha ha ha!

Tzetzes on October 22, 2012 at 1:09 AM

Cat piss. That’s what you smell…

OmahaConservative on October 22, 2012 at 1:06 AM

The clay figurine smells like cat pee? Lol! Who knew?!?!

Bmore on October 22, 2012 at 1:09 AM

Bmore on October 22, 2012 at 1:08 AM

Plus, to be certain, you deserve and I’m equally blessed with your and tafj’s friendships.

Schadenfreude on October 22, 2012 at 1:12 AM

Did you see the following comments by jafj. It was very concise.

Schadenfreude on October 22, 2012 at 1:07 AM

I have to confess, I may have missed that, I was consuming a heathy portion of pie. ; ) so what is the temp out your way?

Bmore on October 22, 2012 at 1:12 AM

Tzetzes on October 22, 2012 at 1:09 AM

Smart Tzetzes, you should drop in more often.

Schadenfreude on October 22, 2012 at 1:12 AM

Cat Blues – Luther Allison

thatsafactjack on October 22, 2012 at 1:12 AM

Bmore on October 22, 2012 at 1:12 AM

LOL!:)

thatsafactjack on October 22, 2012 at 1:14 AM

Schadenfreude on October 22, 2012 at 1:12 AM

Always loved that show. Makes me want to dig tunnels again. : )

Bmore on October 22, 2012 at 1:14 AM

Bmore on October 22, 2012 at 1:12 AM

It’s all about training cats tonight. Curious cats get burned :)

Schadenfreude on October 22, 2012 at 1:15 AM

so what is the temp out your way?

Bmore on October 22, 2012 at 1:12 AM

Above or below 0 :)

Schadenfreude on October 22, 2012 at 1:17 AM

Curious cats get burned :)

Schadenfreude on October 22, 2012 at 1:15 AM

Esp the pissers. No dog I ever owned pissed in the house…

OmahaConservative on October 22, 2012 at 1:17 AM

Above or below 0 :)

Schadenfreude on October 22, 2012 at 1:17 AM

Lol! You’re gonna make me look aren’t you?

Bmore on October 22, 2012 at 1:19 AM

Anyone know what this thread is about?

Bmore on October 22, 2012 at 1:20 AM

Got To Be Some Changes – Albert King

thatsafactjack on October 22, 2012 at 1:20 AM

Bmore on October 22, 2012 at 1:20 AM

I used to… but I think I’ve lost the thread of the conversation.LOL!

thatsafactjack on October 22, 2012 at 1:21 AM

Dire Straits, QOTD song. Widespread Panic. For what it’s worth.

Bmore on October 22, 2012 at 1:24 AM

Anyone know what this thread is about?

Bmore on October 22, 2012 at 1:20 AM

…the spread of genital warts from responding to gutmeandpokeme after the midnite hour or something…

KOOLAID2 on October 22, 2012 at 1:25 AM

Tango Roxanne

I found another tango.

thatsafactjack on October 22, 2012 at 1:26 AM

Yep.

I don’t think Romney would be a good President but will vote for him over Obama. And I’m a huge social conservative, so I voted for Santorum in the primary.

But I’m a realist first and foremost and don’t think there’s any way that Romney will win. I believe the polls and think they show a clear Obama victory in Ohio, which means an overall victory.

There was plenty of poll whining here and on other conservative sites in 08 and everyone looked like a fool in the end. Same thing will happen here.

gumbyandpokey on October 22, 2012 at 12:52 AM

Do you have any shred of morality and conscience? Stop lying and insulting our intelligence you little low IQ liberal scum… Do you think anyone here believes your lies that you are a conservative and you want to vote for Romney? If you lie that much in real life the way you lie on the internet than I am certain that you are having a miserable life and it is going to get much worse for you…

Put it in your little liberal brain, Obama is going to lose this elections…

mnjg on October 22, 2012 at 1:28 AM

KOOLAID2 on October 22, 2012 at 1:25 AM

I guess I should have been more hospitable……………………….nah.

Bmore on October 22, 2012 at 1:29 AM

Garyy Moore is awesome….!! I thought I was the only fan.

Sooo many ways to destroy barky tomorrow night. It’s a screwed up world right now. And he played golf while it burned to the ground. There are a lot of dead people he owns. And a lot of slaves.

wolly4321 on October 22, 2012 at 1:30 AM

Sorry… probably should have put a mild content warning up for the end of that.

thatsafactjack on October 22, 2012 at 1:30 AM

wolly4321 on October 22, 2012 at 1:30 AM

I’m a serious Gary Moore fan. I play him here regularly, I just try not to overplay him ( although, for me that’s not really possible). I’m glad you enjoyed it. :)

thatsafactjack on October 22, 2012 at 1:32 AM

Put it in your little liberal brain, Obama is going to lose this elections…

mnjg on October 22, 2012 at 1:28 AM

mnjg, they tell me the clay figurine is one of the sharpest Conservative minds we have here at HA. That he only does and says the things he does to keep us straight. It’s his job…………………….wait…….that was actually the clay figurine that said that………….never mind.

Bmore on October 22, 2012 at 1:33 AM

thatsafactjack on October 22, 2012 at 1:30 AM

Nah.

Bmore on October 22, 2012 at 1:35 AM

Tango Santa Maria

thatsafactjack on October 22, 2012 at 1:36 AM

Bmore on October 22, 2012 at 1:35 AM

;)

thatsafactjack on October 22, 2012 at 1:37 AM

thatsafactjack on October 22, 2012 at 1:30 AM

bootylicious.

SparkPlug on October 22, 2012 at 1:38 AM

SparkPlug on October 22, 2012 at 1:38 AM

thatsafactjack on October 22, 2012 at 1:39 AM

Well, out for the night. Ya’ll have a good evening and don’t let the playdough stick to the soles of your shoes. ;-)

AZfederalist on October 22, 2012 at 1:41 AM

Bmore on October 22, 2012 at 1:33 AM

Among all the trolls he is by far the most annoying and dumbest of them all… And on the top of that he is such a big liar… He has no conscious what so ever about throwing out these insanely brazen lies… The guy is totally deprived from any shred of honesty and if he lies like that in real life he must be having a very miserable life and will only get worse for him…

mnjg on October 22, 2012 at 1:41 AM

I wonder if Mitts intel briefings got more interesting after barky and State dept. threw intel under da bus?

Hope so. Tomorrow night could be shadenfraude of epic proportions.

wolly4321 on October 22, 2012 at 1:41 AM

Sorry I haven’t posted much. I’ve been too busy putting another hex on Barry. Plus I’m working on a jinx too.

SparkPlug on October 22, 2012 at 1:43 AM

thatsafactjack on October 22, 2012 at 1:32 AM

Do you like any of his Colosseum II stuff?

Anti-Control on October 22, 2012 at 1:43 AM

Anti-Control on October 22, 2012 at 1:43 AM

I prefer Moore’s work post “Thin Lizzie”. To my taste, he was better when he was more unfettered and independent, and his artistry became more sophisticated as he matured.

thatsafactjack on October 22, 2012 at 1:48 AM

The Messiah Will Come Again – Moore

The real Messiah… not that cheap charlatan we have as President today.

thatsafactjack on October 22, 2012 at 1:50 AM

I had a 79 custom Les Paul. Paid $700. it would fetch about $5k now gold to black burst.

Man, I was stupid to part with it. I miss it more than the exwife.

wolly4321 on October 22, 2012 at 1:52 AM

wolly4321 on October 22, 2012 at 1:52 AM

Ouch. That leaves a mark. :(

thatsafactjack on October 22, 2012 at 1:54 AM

So any way here’s what I did with my day today. Not my choice mind you. I was helping my better half. I spent the day at a outdoor festival in the middle of the most liberal section of the city. The ones of you who know me, know which city. I was without a doubt one of the only Conservative there. Thousands of folks. Freaks, leftest’s and some nice liberals. Of course I talked smack with everyone of them I could all day. The better half hates this about me, but it’s who I am. I never cower away from conversation or confrontation. Their choice as to which generally up to the person or persons I am speaking with. I must say I was surprised as to how demoralized many of them are. The is an underlying seething hatred for 0 that shocked me. They are deeply distract and they blame him. I do not mean to suggest that many of them will go for Romney, some will as they see him as acceptably center left and good on pocketbook issues. Many however simply will not participate this go round. They are deeply disappointed. Many will blindly vote for 0 . No changing their minds about it. They are truly vile and despicable creatures. I do not consider them fellow countrymen anymore. They are my adversary, dare I say my enemy, the enemy within. I wish no ill towards them. I wish them gone. 0 does not have the momentum of the rollers behind him lockstep anymore. He will lose because of it. I observed far too much to record here but on balance my determination is they are demoralized. 0 is all but done. 0 is done!

Bmore on October 22, 2012 at 1:55 AM

Welp. In about 2 weeks the worst President in modern history (OBAMA) will have a Ginormous tantrum and will need to be netted he won’t hurt anyone by throwing his poop covered crib toys.

SparkPlug on October 22, 2012 at 1:55 AM

The=There

Bmore on October 22, 2012 at 1:56 AM

Bmore on October 22, 2012 at 1:56 AM

iPad Thingy?

-iSpark

SparkPlug on October 22, 2012 at 1:57 AM

I get so pissed at this iPad thingy sometimes.

distract=distraught

Bmore on October 22, 2012 at 1:57 AM

BMore,

Chrome is way faster than safari on the iPad.

SparkPlug on October 22, 2012 at 1:57 AM

Bmore on October 22, 2012 at 1:55 AM

I’m sorry you had to be in the company of the ‘vile’ ones. I understand your feelings on the completely.

As to those who will stay home, and those who will vote with us, I’m gratified to hear it.

As to 0 being done… AMEN.

thatsafactjack on October 22, 2012 at 1:59 AM

Bmore on October 22, 2012 at 1:57 AM

me too. I try to scroll down by dragging and it launches the adds in the side bar.

SparkPlug on October 22, 2012 at 1:59 AM

2 weeks…

No more axlerod, cutter, ploufe, dws.

Vaporized.

wolly4321 on October 22, 2012 at 1:59 AM

mnjg on October 22, 2012 at 1:41 AM

You mean to say he’s a lot like 0. Yes he is. ; )

Bmore on October 22, 2012 at 2:01 AM

I Had A Dream – Moore

thatsafactjack on October 22, 2012 at 2:02 AM

Chrome is way faster than safari on the iPad.

SparkPlug on October 22, 2012 at 1:57 AM

Do you think I should run chrome? I hadn’t even thought to try it. I wonder if iron runs on this dang thing. I will have to take some time and find out.

Bmore on October 22, 2012 at 2:03 AM

thatsafactjack on October 22, 2012 at 2:02 AM

Sorry… misfire.

Try This

thatsafactjack on October 22, 2012 at 2:04 AM

As Bishop would say, Geebus,

rollers= these voters

Bmore on October 22, 2012 at 2:05 AM

Bmore on October 22, 2012 at 2:05 AM

You know… if you weren’t monitoring and policing what your iPad thingy was posting…I can readily imagine how it might get you into trouble. lol!

thatsafactjack on October 22, 2012 at 2:06 AM

Bmore on October 22, 2012 at 2:03 AM

It does work on the iPad. Get it free from the App Store.

Chrome is way way faster than safari on Hot Air and everything else.

SparkPlug on October 22, 2012 at 2:07 AM

SparkPlug on October 22, 2012 at 1:59 AM

The one that bugs me is the new one at the bottom, the banner one, I would shoot it, but it moves around too dang much. I am gonna have to see if Abine has some fix for it.

Bmore on October 22, 2012 at 2:08 AM

They will never be gone, Bmore. Hundred year war against progressives will carry on. Never think it’s won. Just pray the ineviatable convolsions that progressivism causes can be thwarted in your lifetime, and your offsprings.

It seems like a 50 year cycle, and we are past due putting these bastards in thier place.

wolly4321 on October 22, 2012 at 2:09 AM

wolly4321 on October 22, 2012 at 2:09 AM

And that’s a fact, Jack!

thatsafactjack on October 22, 2012 at 2:10 AM

thatsafactjack on October 22, 2012 at 2:06 AM

Surprisingly so far no issues with the words that might be problems. Luck, wit, etc. it must have an anti cursing filter. Lol! It has crossed my mind, I seldom use preview before hitting submit.

Bmore on October 22, 2012 at 2:11 AM

Bmore on October 22, 2012 at 2:08 AM

When I’m not inventing new gadgets I spend most of my free time wrestling with these flying things that fly across my screen.

I am going to show them a thing or two, mainly who’s the Boss.

My cursor chases them away and they refuse to fight like a man.

SparkPlug on October 22, 2012 at 2:11 AM

Bmore on October 22, 2012 at 2:11 AM

That filter is a good thing, but even without it, I’d certainly police that thing carefully. :)

thatsafactjack on October 22, 2012 at 2:12 AM

thatsafactjack on October 22, 2012 at 1:48 AM

Which of his albums represents him best to you?

I just saw this about him (yuck!) at Wikipedia: At a press conference in Russia, weeks before his death, he announced that he would not visit the “criminal state” of Israel “because of its racist policies against the Palestinian people”

Anti-Control on October 22, 2012 at 2:13 AM

Cloudy Day – J. J. Cale

Just because I like it… and the sax is great.

thatsafactjack on October 22, 2012 at 2:14 AM

120 million people died in 100 years because of progressives, yet we let them run our schools, kmer rouge like. It won’t end well.

wolly4321 on October 22, 2012 at 2:15 AM

thatsafactjack on October 22, 2012 at 2:14 AM

I see what you did there. (:

Prolly not on purpose.

SparkPlug on October 22, 2012 at 2:17 AM

wolly4321 on October 22, 2012 at 2:09 AM

Some of the folks there today seemed to want to put me in my place. I don’t think they have thought it through well. In order to put a free man such as myself in place, you must use force, you must bring weapons to bear against me. I inturn have weapons for defense against just such tactics. This is really not a good solution and I would never consider it cavalierly. We as a Nation have done it that way before. It is tremendously painful and not really the way to go. Having said that, I cannot convince them not to vote for 0, what chance would I have convincing them they won’t like putting me in my place. It’s a quandary. Pray we never know.

Bmore on October 22, 2012 at 2:18 AM

BMore,

Safari = snail
Chrome = gerbil

SparkPlug on October 22, 2012 at 2:19 AM

Anti-Control on October 22, 2012 at 2:13 AM

I’ve said this many times here at HA about various artists: I never like these musicians for their personal lives or their ideologies. They have one singular talent that sets them apart and attracts me, their musical skills.

Gary Moore drank himself to death. His blood alcohol level was 30% higher than it would have had to be to kill him. The woman who had been his partner for some time had the unparalleled horror of discovering him dead, in bed, after a night out in Spain, at about 4AM. He died of a massive coronary. Obviously he was having personal problems, made some bad decisions, and displayed poor judgement, at least to the quantity of liquor that a human should consume.

Gary Moore was a vastly talented guitarist and I enjoy his work very much.

thatsafactjack on October 22, 2012 at 2:21 AM

My cursor chases them away and they refuse to fight like a man.

SparkPlug on October 22, 2012 at 2:11 AM

: )

Bmore on October 22, 2012 at 2:22 AM

Safari = snail
Chrome = gerbil

SparkPlug on October 22, 2012 at 2:19 AM

I never thought I would ever suffer a Richard Gere moment, but, the gerbil is looking pretty good right about now. ; )

Bmore on October 22, 2012 at 2:24 AM

Bmore that was an amazing observational post about how liberals are demoralized.

I hope they stay that way…. and then sometime in 2013, I hope they all think they remember voting for Romney and finally we can get stuff done in this country!!!!

Romney’s agenda out of the box ought to make every American happy.

Fix the economy. That should bring us together.

petunia on October 22, 2012 at 2:26 AM

Blue and Evil – Bonamassa

thatsafactjack on October 22, 2012 at 2:26 AM

Good Night All.

Bmore on October 22, 2012 at 2:28 AM

Bmore on October 22, 2012 at 2:28 AM

Goodnight, B! Sleep well. :)

thatsafactjack on October 22, 2012 at 2:28 AM

Gerbil Farmers are probably mad at Richard Gere for ruining the reputations of the fine furry creatures they raise.

It took one Gerbiphile to ruin everything.

SparkPlug on October 22, 2012 at 2:31 AM

As The Years Go Passing By – Moore

I bid you all goodnight. Its been a pleasure, as always. See you soon.

thatsafactjack on October 22, 2012 at 2:33 AM

Tremendously painful. Yea.

If I said how I really view these people, and how to deal with them, I’d be be banned fer sure.

My biggest mistake was learning history. It makes me hate them. If they had thier way,,,

I recipricate the feeling. I would have no problem taking up arms.

They won’t leave us be. And that pisses me off. Bigtime. A long life of being effed with.

I remember what life was like in stages. Rotary phones to now. Liberties lost over the years. My line in the sand is drawn.

No more.

wolly4321 on October 22, 2012 at 2:37 AM

Nite Jackie,

You are amazing.

SparkPlug on October 22, 2012 at 2:38 AM

Gary Moore was a vastly talented guitarist and I enjoy his work very much.

thatsafactjack on October 22, 2012 at 2:21 AM

I wasn’t very surprised to see such a comment from Gary, just a little disappointed, but obviously that has nothing to do with his talent. It just goes with the territory of being a fan of rock ‘n’ roll that musicians we like are often f*ck-ups and/or not very bright, doesn’t it?

Anti-Control on October 22, 2012 at 2:39 AM

Many talented people seem to have tortured souls. The list is long.

wolly4321 on October 22, 2012 at 2:48 AM

Obama’s campaign theme for the last weeks.

Barack Dusty Obama.

With Moochelle fiddling in the backround.

profitsbeard on October 22, 2012 at 2:52 AM

Many talented people seem to have tortured souls. The list is long.

wolly4321 on October 22, 2012 at 2:48 AM

Yep.

I am not the type to boycott artists because of their stupid commentary or personal choices, but I do not begrudge those who do, because I can understand the sentiment.

Anti-Control on October 22, 2012 at 2:58 AM

Inflation & taxes..

When I was a young lad, my dad used to give me $1.00 and send me walking 1/2 a mile to the store to buy him a pack of cigarettes. I could spend the change on candy.

I’m only 44.

wolly4321 on October 22, 2012 at 3:01 AM

I fished and hunted, unencumbered. Now, where I grew up,, I’d need 20 permits and licenses and I’d probably be trespassing.

There’s not a square inch of river that’s free.

wolly4321 on October 22, 2012 at 3:18 AM

Fireballs were 1/¢. Candybars $.25. hell, just a few years ago I could get ground beef for $1/lb.

Hamburger helper is pricey today.

wolly4321 on October 22, 2012 at 3:37 AM

For the last two weeks, I think Romney should hit home his background as a fixer. Increasingly, I kind of see Romney as a modern-day Cincinnatus, putting down the plow to help put old Rome back in order.

I’ll take the guy who fixed the Salt Lake City Winter Olympics and prevented the U.S. from an absolute embarrassment over the affirmative-action hack who’s yakking about Big Bird, Planned Parenthood, and binders.

BuckeyeSam on October 22, 2012 at 3:41 AM

nevada could cost mitt the election
-morning joe?

really??

cmsinaz on October 22, 2012 at 6:16 AM

mika defending the crap out of dedar leader when folsk are saying what is his 2nd term agenda…

lol

cmsinaz on October 22, 2012 at 6:18 AM

O/T: about tonight…My take.

kingsjester on October 22, 2012 at 6:33 AM

kingsjester on October 22, 2012 at 6:33 AM

excellent take KJ…PEACE THRU STRENGTH

a little nervous about this one tonight….dear leader will talk about bin laden and mitt going back to bush’s policies with the help of martha 3.0 scheiffer

hopefully mitt will say…ummm mr president, you’ve been following W’s policies and you were only following the SOFA agreement that was set up by W for Iraq….

cmsinaz on October 22, 2012 at 6:43 AM

cmsinaz on October 22, 2012 at 6:43 AM

Thank you, ma’am!
I had 514 views yesterday. Not too shabby.

kingsjester on October 22, 2012 at 6:50 AM

kingsjester on October 22, 2012 at 6:50 AM

way to go KJ :)

cmsinaz on October 22, 2012 at 6:55 AM

I must say that pic of SOME of the bowing that Obama has done is JUST FREAKING DESPICABLE.

I never, never thought I would see the day when AN AMERICAN PRESIDENT would BOW before foreign leaders.

Utterly disgusting and pathetic……..he must be replaced. And the sad part?……he’s not at 25% in the polls.

PappyD61 on October 22, 2012 at 6:57 AM

Hasn’t he bowed to more than just the leader pics on Drudge?

PappyD61 on October 22, 2012 at 6:58 AM

PappyD61 on October 22, 2012 at 6:58 AM

I think he has, too.

kingsjester on October 22, 2012 at 7:00 AM

polls show dear leader better handling afghanistan???

puhleeze

cmsinaz on October 22, 2012 at 7:06 AM

so will dear leader get the first question and last closing statement?

hmmm

ha…andrea mitchell one of the msdnc crew who has complained that mitt needs to be specific says dear leader can’t be specific because his views are too controversial

hypocrite