Quotes of the day

posted at 8:31 pm on October 21, 2012 by Allahpundit

“I don’t crow about bad polls, I don’t crow about good polls. I just want trends,” said Ron Kaufman, a top Romney adviser. “And the bottom line is the trends are kind of good for us. That’s all that matters at this point. There’s a long way to go.”

“It’s been an enjoyable journey,” he added. “I think we’re having more fun right now than they are.“

***

Obama won [Ohio] in 2008 largely because of a healthy lead among independents and a highly enthusiastic base’s turning out votes. Right now Romney is leading big with independents, has a more enthusiastic base, and is drawing crowds in Ohio that rival Obama’s. While he is down 2.5 points in the polls, the average poll is assuming 2008 turnout which is unlikely to repeat itself this year. Adding the fact that early voting is trending more Republican than in 2008, there is a lot of reason for optimism that this race is much closer than the current polls suggest. Not bad for a candidate who was declared dead in the state just a few weeks ago.

***

Among Keystone State voters in our poll who say the economy and job creation is the most important issue that will influence their vote, voters prefer Romney over Obama by a 54% to 40% margin. This is clear evidence Romney is winning the jobs argument. Voters in Western Pa, who tend to be blue collar, working class Democrats, care about jobs and resent the President’s war on coal. In the Pittsburgh market, Romney is on track to run up huge margins. In the vote-rich Southeast collar counties around Philadelphia, Romney is neck-and-neck with Obama because these more affluent, better educated suburban voters identify with Mitt Romney and a lot of what he stands for. They know he’s not an extremist, know he cares about kids and women, saved the Olympics and wants deficits under control…

This is why our statewide polling was the first to show Romney with an improved image in the Commonwealth after the first debate – 48% now view him favorably, a huge reversal from pre-debate polling. And this is a clear indication even in a “blue” state like Pennsylvania voters are smart enough to know that having a leader in the White House who understands job creation is more important than having the letter “R” or “D” posted outside the Oval office door.

***

The psychology of the race has shifted, a prospect that advisers to Mr. Obama had long fought. They sought to define Mr. Romney as an unacceptable choice, hoping to keep enough voters who supported Mr. Obama in 2008 from seeing Mr. Romney as a plausible alternative…

Here in Florida, the largest competitive state with 29 electoral votes, supporters of Mr. Romney say they have noticed a drastic change since the Oct. 3 debate in Denver, where his strong performance came as he stepped up his advertising in Florida.

“For a long time, the Republican rationale was ‘I just want Obama to lose,’ ” said Brian Ballard, a co-chairman of the Romney campaign in the state. “He opened people’s eyes at the debate. It moved the needle for the pro-Romney vote, not just that we can’t have four more years of the same.”

***

[Obama supporters] at the George Mason University event described various means used to cope with political panic, whether prompted by a poor debate performance or a particularly gnawing poll…

“I felt like I was going to cry [after the debate],” said Nancy Aboulmouna, of Arlington. “I have not yet. Not yet. I just wanted to. I talked to my parents and friends. But then I found out that some of them were Romney supporters and it got worse from there.”

Faced with a campaign narrative not to their liking, some Obama supporters simply tuned out. Johana Posada, 25, of Arlington, said she stopped paying attention to the polls when they began to go south for Obama after that first debate.

***

The Republicans are now the ones offering ideas of progress or reform, while the Democrats fiercely fight to protect the established order of entitlements, tax hikes, and obeisance to unions, greens, and feminists. Even when Obama and Biden have been highly caffeinated, they have not stated their plans and goals for a second term. They are too busy painting a socialist-realist mural of Romney and Ryan as maniacal reactionaries. They are too preoccupied with protecting subsidies for Big Bird, Planned Parenthood, and windmills.

Four years ago, President Obama and Vice President Biden were bursting with plans. Obama said he would cut the deficit, middle-class taxes, and health care premiums, while also creating a new entitlement to health insurance. He said he’d revamp America’s energy, education, and immigration policies for the 21st century. He delivered a speech in the early months of his term saying he’d put America on a “new foundation.” His 2011 State of the Union address was devoted to “winning the future.”

But all of these big dreams have crashed against the granite wall of reality. The deficit is up, the price of fuel and health care premiums has increased, incomes are down, and tax increases loom. Obama is exhausted. His political capital is spent. The boldest proposal he’s put forward recently is hiring another 100,000 teachers. That doesn’t even rise to the level of small-ball. It’s mini-golf.

***

Flash-forward to 2012 and all we’ve seen from the man who promised us hope, change, and a new kind of politics is a nakedly cynical divide and conquer crusade that’s only gotten worse in its closing days. While Romney focuses his closing argument on the future, his agenda, and the realities of governing, our president is literally going all in on Big Bird, contraception, Binder-gate, “Romnesia,” and aids flanking him at rallies holding signs that read: “Women’s Health Security.”

This smallness and naked desperation is not only apparent, it’s familiar. I don’t mean to pick at an old scab, but in the closing days of the ’08 campaign, we saw the same kind of behavior from John McCain. He knew he was losing and in a desperate bid to gain traction, his message became erratic (suspending the campaign) and small (Joe the Plumber).

Probably with good reason, Barack Obama is also not acting like a winner. So bad is his behavior, in fact, that he’s given Romney a massive opening to declare Obama’s behavior “unpresidential.” Wasn’t it just a few weeks ago that Romney was beaten senseless for his lack of substance? The secret’s out: Obama has no second-term agenda.

***

Sure, the Republicans still insist on bringing up trivial, peripheral distractions like Benghazi, Obamacare, multi-trillion-dollar debt, unsustainable entitlements, permanent long-term unemployment, and the looming January 1 “fiscal cliff.” But Democrats know that, if Romney gets his way, there’ll be nothing at the bottom of the fiscal cliff to break your fall except binders. In RomneyWorld, when the mullahs drop the big Iranian nuke, there’ll be nothing crawling out from the irradiated rubble except cockroaches and binders — or some hideous mutation of the two: bindroaches, vile creatures prowling the land on three pairs of jointed rings ready to snap shut on your daughters’ ankles as they attempt to access the last Planned Parenthood clinic in America…

Some years ago, the then–French defense minister, Jean-Pierre Chevènement, complained that the Americans were committed to “the organized cretinization of our people.” I’ve never accepted the thesis, but I have to say that, in the final weeks of his reelection campaign, the first man in history to spend $6 trillion and leave no trace is doing a magnificent job of cretinizing his own base. In the binders of history, this one will be worth its own tab.

***

Eileen touched her friend’s arm. “Most women I know, whether they’re for Obama or Romney, they feel the same thing,” she said. “[Abortion is] a distraction. That whole Gloria Steinem thing is old.”…

Romney’s “binders full of women” line, an awkward phrasing that inspired reams of mockery on the Internet, wasn’t changing any minds among the women I spoke to. Democratic partisans saw it as more evidence Romney was out of touch; Republican partisans saw it as of a piece with his business background. “Anyone who’s ever been a professional, ever, knows that’s how you get resumes: in a binder,”43-year-old Republican stay-at-home mother Michele Moss said, rolling her eyes. Only someone who’d never been in the business world — like Obama — would fail to understand that.

The “binders” line didn’t register at all among the undecided women.

Via Gallup.

***

Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.) delivered a withering assault on President Barack Obama on Sunday, asserting that the president hasn’t laid out a concrete agenda for a second term and is instead making up catch phrases like “Romnesia.”

“That fires up his base, people who are going to vote for him anyway,” Rubio said on ABC’s “This Week.” “But for the rest of Americans who are trying to make up their mind who to vote for, what they’re wondering is, ‘Well, that’s very cute Mr. President, but what are you going to do for the future?’”

***

Comments

Comment pages: 1 5 6 7 8 9

listens2glenn on October 21, 2012 at 11:52 PM

Hope you saw AZF’s response to you and I hope your PC issues are resolved…

OmahaConservative on October 21, 2012 at 11:59 PM

Have not heard of him. From which Synod does he come?

AZfederalist on October 21, 2012 at 11:59 PM

WELS, he confirmed me. He is in Scottsdale or Phoenix…

OmahaConservative on October 22, 2012 at 12:00 AM

There ain’t nothing worse than the smell of cat piss. I took a shirt out of the dryer and put it on and smelled like cat piss all day at work…

OmahaConservative on October 21, 2012 at 11:50 PM

…I agree!…I used to help my roommates clean out their chicken coops and pig pens when I was out in Iowa… and thought no other smells in the world could make ALL the hair fall out of your nose…until a cat pissed on my pillow! It became a garage cat.

KOOLAID2 on October 22, 2012 at 12:01 AM

cozmo on October 21, 2012 at 11:41 PM

I think their best LP was “On Every Street”..imho!!..:)

Dire Straits on October 22, 2012 at 12:02 AM

I turned off the A/C half an hour ago and just had to turn it back on. I hate sweating at the brow…

OmahaConservative on October 22, 2012 at 12:03 AM

Where is Axe?

SparkPlug on October 21, 2012 at 11:56 PM

…where is AllahsNippleHair?

KOOLAID2 on October 22, 2012 at 12:03 AM

The sound that rocked the 70′s

KCB on October 22, 2012 at 12:03 AM

thatsafactjack on October 21, 2012 at 11:59 PM

..:)

Dire Straits on October 22, 2012 at 12:03 AM

Just Can’t Let You Go – Moore

thatsafactjack on October 22, 2012 at 12:04 AM

OmahaConservative on October 22, 2012 at 12:03 AM

lolz..Beer will do that to you..Or so I am told!!..:)

Dire Straits on October 22, 2012 at 12:04 AM

KOOLAID2 on October 22, 2012 at 12:01 AM

Even goat barns smell better than cat piss…

OmahaConservative on October 22, 2012 at 12:05 AM

lolz..Beer will do that to you..Or so I am told!!..:)

Dire Straits on October 22, 2012 at 12:04 AM

Yep. How’d you know I am drinking beer Mark?

OmahaConservative on October 22, 2012 at 12:07 AM

WELS, he confirmed me. He is in Scottsdale or Phoenix…

OmahaConservative on October 22, 2012 at 12:00 AM

His name isn’t familiar, but I haven’t met all of the Pastors in the Phoenix area; I know only a handful of them. Do you know what congregation?

AZfederalist on October 22, 2012 at 12:07 AM

Conservative4ev on October 22, 2012 at 12:08 AM

KCB on October 22, 2012 at 12:03 AM

I thought you had to be running!..:)

PS..I think I wore I out a cassette playing this..:)

Dire Straits on October 22, 2012 at 12:08 AM

SparkPlug, Axe goes poof for weeks, sometimes months at a time. It is not unusual at all for him to leave. He seldom announces. Dire knows this to be the case.

Bmore on October 22, 2012 at 12:10 AM

Yep. How’d you know I am drinking beer Mark?

OmahaConservative on October 22, 2012 at 12:07 AM

Thumbs up..Both of them!!..:):)

PS..Glad to see you back posting again!!..:)

Dire Straits on October 22, 2012 at 12:10 AM

Bmore on October 22, 2012 at 12:10 AM

Perhaps he’ll pop back in sometime before the election. :)

thatsafactjack on October 22, 2012 at 12:12 AM

IIRC, It was King of Kings or Prince of Peace. He may have retired by now, I was confirmed in 1968. he was fresh out of sem at the time…

OmahaConservative on October 22, 2012 at 12:14 AM

Separate Ways – Moore

thatsafactjack on October 22, 2012 at 12:15 AM

OmahaConservative on October 22, 2012 at 12:03 AM

When it’s too hot it’s hard to think straight. Plus it’s hard to sleep.

SparkPlug on October 22, 2012 at 12:16 AM

Someone needs to make a video of the MSDNC commentators breaking down on election night, and have this music as the background.

wargamer6 on October 22, 2012 at 12:17 AM

Bmore on October 22, 2012 at 12:10 AM

*clink*

SparkPlug on October 22, 2012 at 12:18 AM

When it’s too hot it’s hard to think straight. Plus it’s hard to sleep.

SparkPlug on October 22, 2012 at 12:16 AM

I have to be comfy. May use the heat tomorrow, who knows? Crazy weather…

OmahaConservative on October 22, 2012 at 12:19 AM

RT @NumbersMuncher: Last 4 VA polls on RCP: R+3, R+1, R+1, O+5. The O+5 is Q/CBS/NYT. Just wanted to say don’t freak out when they have …

Conservative4ev on October 22, 2012 at 12:20 AM

I can’t believe my phone is chirping at me!

thatsafactjack on October 22, 2012 at 12:23 AM

Bmore on October 22, 2012 at 12:10 AM

*clink*

SparkPlug on October 22, 2012 at 12:18 AM

*clink!*

Bmore on October 22, 2012 at 12:24 AM

“Numbersmuncher said don’t jump off the bridge with the CBS/NYT poll in Ohio tomorrow. This is the same polling that gives O+5 in VA whicof course isn’t happening

Conservative4ev on October 22, 2012 at 12:08 AM”

I always love a pre-emptive strike against a poll which will be unfavorable to a particular candidate. That said candidate is always the loser in the actual election.

It’s a lot like supporters saying “the only poll that matters is on election day.” The famous loser’s lament…

Looking forward to tomorrow’s poll results!

gumbyandpokey on October 22, 2012 at 12:24 AM

gumbyandpokey on October 22, 2012 at 12:24 AM

Of course you are. Even when they’ll show R crushing Obama with Indys and having the poll D+9, you’ll still be trying to spin that as a huge obama win.

How’d that last debate bounce end up, btw?

wargamer6 on October 22, 2012 at 12:26 AM

Oh and no comment on Gallup having R up 7? Shocker.

wargamer6 on October 22, 2012 at 12:27 AM

Speaking of feeble kitty’s peeing on the carpet… did GumbyandPokey just show up?

thatsafactjack on October 22, 2012 at 12:29 AM

thatsafactjack on October 22, 2012 at 12:29 AM

Schadenfreude on October 22, 2012 at 12:30 AM

“Oh and no comment on Gallup having R up 7? Shocker.

wargamer6 on October 22, 2012 at 12:27 AM”

I said numerous times on the NBC/Wall St Journal thread that both Gallup and IBD/TIPP are outliers favoring each side.

But it’s amusing to see everyone already discounting a poll that hasn’t even come out yet. If you guys truly had faith that Romney was winning in OH, you would wait for the result. And I thought that the pollsters tried to get it right closer to the election?

Maybe they are getting it right and Romney is losing in Ohio?

gumbyandpokey on October 22, 2012 at 12:31 AM

Schadenfreude on October 22, 2012 at 12:30 AM

lol! I love that graphic.

thatsafactjack on October 22, 2012 at 12:31 AM

NumbersMuncher ‏@NumbersMuncher
Morning Call poll in PA has O up 5, 50-45. Last poll was O+4. Still down form O+9 after DNC.

gumbyandpokey on October 22, 2012 at 12:32 AM

gumbyandpokey on October 22, 2012 at 12:31 AM

You really think that D turnout will be greater than 2008? When Indys are breaking heavily to Romney? In your dreams.

wargamer6 on October 22, 2012 at 12:32 AM

gumbyandpokey on October 22, 2012 at 12:32 AM

It’s funny how you only post on poll days that look good for Obama.

wargamer6 on October 22, 2012 at 12:33 AM

gumbyandpokey on October 22, 2012

…run out of sperm yet?

KOOLAID2 on October 22, 2012 at 12:33 AM

Gumby loves getting pearl necklaces from D heavy polls.

wargamer6 on October 22, 2012 at 12:35 AM

“gumbyandpokey on October 22, 2012 at 12:31 AM

wargamer6 on October 22, 2012 at 12:32 AM”

My gut says no, but the Obama turnout machine is second to none, so I wouldn’t be shocked if it happened.

I’ve predicted a D+3 electorate.

gumbyandpokey on October 22, 2012 at 12:35 AM

Reconsider Baby – Bonamassa

thatsafactjack on October 22, 2012 at 12:35 AM

OmahaConservative on October 22, 2012 at 12:14 AM

King of Kings in Apache Junction now has Pastor Paul R Schroeder as its shepherd. Haven’t found a Prince of Peace in the Phoenix area. Locator

AZfederalist on October 22, 2012 at 12:36 AM

gumbyandpokey on October 22, 2012 at 12:35 AM

No one cares what you’re gut thinks, Obama troll.

Btw, when does these “atom bombs” and “debate bounces” you’ve been carping about all month show up?

wargamer6 on October 22, 2012 at 12:36 AM

wargamer6 on October 22, 2012 at 12:32 AM

He wont answer that question. To honestly answer that question would destroy him.

It makes almost every positive Obama poll an outlier.

Zybalto on October 22, 2012 at 12:37 AM

Gumby’s Kos Kid BFF

wargamer6 on October 22, 2012 at 12:38 AM

Wanna make a bet on the election, wargamer?

100 bucks?

gumbyandpokey on October 22, 2012 at 12:38 AM

For Jackie.

Bmore on October 22, 2012 at 12:39 AM

gumbyandpokey on October 22, 2012 at 12:38 AM

I don’t make bets with trolls, sorry.

wargamer6 on October 22, 2012 at 12:40 AM

I’ve predicted a D+3 electorate.

gumbyandpokey on October 22, 2012 at 12:35 AM

OMG I take my previous statement back.

Zybalto on October 22, 2012 at 12:40 AM

I have to be comfy. May use the heat tomorrow, who knows? Crazy weather…

OmahaConservative on October 22, 2012 at 12:19 AM

I hear you. It’s getting to that time of year here where we will have A/C during the day and have to turn on the heat to take out the chill in the morning.

AZfederalist on October 22, 2012 at 12:41 AM

Bmore on October 22, 2012 at 12:39 AM

Thank you, Bmore. Can I have another? lol!

thatsafactjack on October 22, 2012 at 12:41 AM

I think their best LP was “On Every Street”..imho!!..:)

Dire Straits on October 22, 2012 at 12:02 AM

It was the start of posting links to youtube music on HA. You told me your favorite song was Calling Elvis, I posted that song with a call-out to the scorching lick in the middle of it that drops it back into the groove. Back in the days of jenfidel.

John the Libertarian on October 22, 2012 at 12:42 AM

“gumbyandpokey on October 22, 2012 at 12:38 AM

I don’t make bets with trolls, sorry.

wargamer6 on October 22, 2012 at 12:40 AM”

Coward.

Another blowhard who spouts off with partisan crap but knows Romney will lose…

gumbyandpokey on October 22, 2012 at 12:42 AM

If you predict a + 3 dem turnout Romney wins knucklehead.

You know you are being lied to right?

Conservative4ev on October 22, 2012 at 12:43 AM

I’ll take Care of You – Hart and Bonamassa

thatsafactjack on October 22, 2012 at 12:44 AM

gumbyandpokey on October 22, 2012 at 12:42 AM

I’m the coward? Because I don’t make bets with some anonymous turd troll on the internet? Right.

Why haven’t you answered on your complete failure on these “bumps” you keep preaching about? Maybe because you’re a complete liar and a fraud?

If you even were a Santorum supporter, he’d kick your ass for what you’re doing.

wargamer6 on October 22, 2012 at 12:44 AM

Another blowhard who spouts off with partisan crap but knows Romney will lose…

gumbyandpokey on October 22, 2012 at 12:42 AM

Nov. 6 will be schadenfreudig beyond belief. You’ll be in the mix of sacrificial lambs.

Btw, lots of HA commenters asked you today whom you’re voting for.

Schadenfreude on October 22, 2012 at 12:45 AM

So now according to the media this debate will determine the election? Riiiight..

sandee on October 22, 2012 at 12:45 AM

One more for Jackie.

Bmore on October 22, 2012 at 12:46 AM

AZfederalist on October 22, 2012 at 12:36 AM

It’s been seven years since I talked to him, and my memory is foggy these days…

OmahaConservative on October 22, 2012 at 12:46 AM

Schadenfreude on October 22, 2012 at 12:45 AM

Translation: He’s an Obama OFA failure of a troll, who even got called out by a bigger liberal troll.

wargamer6 on October 22, 2012 at 12:46 AM

“I have another question: when Romney wins what will your view be on NBC/ NYT polls, PPP polls etc?”

My view will be that it is a huge scandal and the polling companies were intentionally putting out bad info to manipulate public opinion.

It will be a big bleeping deal if that’s the case.

gumbyandpokey on October 22, 2012 at 12:48 AM

Bmore on October 22, 2012 at 12:46 AM

Made me laugh! At least its wasn’t this CatLOL!

thatsafactjack on October 22, 2012 at 12:48 AM

The counter-offensive that Romney needs to be ready to deal with.

The media, ignore all the Barry’s flip-flops, are eager to carry water for him yet again

bayview on October 22, 2012 at 12:50 AM

Schadenfreude on October 22, 2012 at 12:50 AM

Please Don’t Turn Me Away – Buchanan

thatsafactjack on October 22, 2012 at 12:51 AM

AZfederalist on October 22, 2012 at 12:41 AM

Been doing the same thing in my truck, too…

OmahaConservative on October 22, 2012 at 12:51 AM

Coward.

Another blowhard who spouts off

gumbyandpokey on October 22, 2012 at 12:42 AM

…hey… D I A H R R E A…name me a liberal who makes good on his word!…

KOOLAID2 on October 22, 2012 at 12:52 AM

“He claims he voted for Santorum in the primary, and will vote for Romney in the general, but isn’t “supporting” him.”

Yep.

I don’t think Romney would be a good President but will vote for him over Obama. And I’m a huge social conservative, so I voted for Santorum in the primary.

But I’m a realist first and foremost and don’t think there’s any way that Romney will win. I believe the polls and think they show a clear Obama victory in Ohio, which means an overall victory.

There was plenty of poll whining here and on other conservative sites in 08 and everyone looked like a fool in the end. Same thing will happen here.

gumbyandpokey on October 22, 2012 at 12:52 AM

Schadenfreude on October 22, 2012 at 12:50 AM

I so hope you are right. The media keeps raising the bar with these debates for Romney

sandee on October 22, 2012 at 12:52 AM

Katzenjammer

Schadenfreude on October 22, 2012 at 12:52 AM

It will be a big bleeping deal if that’s the case.

gumbyandpokey on October 22, 2012 at 12:48 AM

No, it won’t. They always do this. They tighten up and play straight a week before the election to rescue their brand. Happens every time.

John the Libertarian on October 22, 2012 at 12:52 AM

gumbyandpokey on October 22, 2012 at 12:52 AM

Sure you are, princess.

wargamer6 on October 22, 2012 at 12:53 AM

+5 in a for Obama was probably polled in Philly, I seen so hint similar in the Philadelphia inquirer. Once in the suburbs Romney is winning big

Conservative4ev on October 22, 2012 at 12:53 AM

Personally, I love being snowed in out in the country. The rest of the world doesn’t exist anymore. Being well supplied and stocked, a fire crackling in the fireplace, good company, plenty of games to be played and books to be read… its heavenly.

thatsafactjack on October 22, 2012 at 12:53 AM

“The polls don’t mean much this year. People lie like never before to avoid being labelled “racists”.

Schadenfreude on October 22, 2012 at 12:50 AM”

Sure, just like in 08 the Bradley Effect was going to loom large, lol.

Four years later and the same lame excuses why the favored candidate is doing poorly in the polls.

gumbyandpokey on October 22, 2012 at 12:54 AM

thatsafactjack on October 22, 2012 at 12:53 AM

Wow, Jackie. That sounds like fun…

OmahaConservative on October 22, 2012 at 12:55 AM

Or maybe something a bit more bubble catish.

Bmore on October 22, 2012 at 12:55 AM

its heavenly.

thatsafactjack on October 22, 2012 at 12:53 AM

Yup.

John the Libertarian on October 22, 2012 at 12:56 AM

thatsafactjack on October 22, 2012 at 12:53 AM

Some of my fondest memories when growing up. That, and hearing those words on the radio, “School has been canceled for …” or getting the phone call from our grade school phone tree when I was that age.

AZfederalist on October 22, 2012 at 12:56 AM

“It will be a big bleeping deal if that’s the case.

gumbyandpokey on October 22, 2012 at 12:48 AM

John the Libertarian on October 22, 2012 at 12:52 AM”

I disagree with you there. I think the NBC/Marist battleground polls and the Q/NYT/CBS battleground polls are all in with their sampling and methodology and won’t change at all in the next few weeks.

Some polling firms are going to be very right or very wrong this cycle.

gumbyandpokey on October 22, 2012 at 12:57 AM

gumbyandpokey on October 22, 2012 at 12:54 AM

So you see nothing wrong with polls heavily inflating D turnout?

wargamer6 on October 22, 2012 at 12:57 AM

Jackie our friend Dire will find this one just puurrrrfect.

Bmore on October 22, 2012 at 12:58 AM

Schadenfreude on October 22, 2012 at 12:52 AM

You made me laugh! Schadenfreude, that has to be the best ‘bad kitty’ song. “Demon Kitty Rag”. I bookmarked it! LOL!

thatsafactjack on October 22, 2012 at 12:59 AM

Good night to everyone!

I have a feeling that tomorrow is going to be a great day polling wise and then we have the debate! Wonder if Mitt will crap all over himself like he did in the last debate on the Libya question?

gumbyandpokey on October 22, 2012 at 12:59 AM

gumbyandpokey on October 22, 2012 at 12:59 AM

Where’s the obama bounce?

wargamer6 on October 22, 2012 at 12:59 AM

Bmore on October 22, 2012 at 12:58 AM

Oh, I think you nailed that one for Dire! Very good! lol!

thatsafactjack on October 22, 2012 at 1:00 AM

gumbyandpokey on October 22, 2012 at 12:54 AM

Well, except for the fact that in 2008, McCain was behind in the polls at this same time while Romney is ahead even in heavily democrat weighted polls. It takes D+8 or 9 to get Obama in the lead. In 2008 people here were realistic and were pushing for Palin to be able to drag McCain’s sorry backside over the finish line. Quite a different set of circumstances from today.

Yeah, except for that one annoying little fact, you have a good point.

AZfederalist on October 22, 2012 at 1:00 AM

gumbyandpokey on October 22, 2012 at 12:54 AM

2012 is NOT 2008, for at least 100 reasons.

Schadenfreude on October 22, 2012 at 1:00 AM

thatsafactjack on October 22, 2012 at 12:53 AM

Sounds like home. ; )

Bmore on October 22, 2012 at 1:00 AM

Jackie you starting to feel less upset about very bad bad kitty?

Bmore on October 22, 2012 at 1:02 AM

OmahaConservative on October 22, 2012 at 12:55 AM

I assure you, it is, and I highly recommend that everyone have the experience at least once in their life. A good companion, or companions, is key. Its one of my favorite things. :)

thatsafactjack on October 22, 2012 at 1:02 AM

Cause if your not, I’ve got more cat tunes. Lol!

Bmore on October 22, 2012 at 1:03 AM

Bmore, did you see my temp. answer to you?

Schadenfreude on October 22, 2012 at 1:04 AM

What’s that smell? Wait……….I think it’s dissipating……..yep it’s gone. Never mind.

Bmore on October 22, 2012 at 1:04 AM

Bmore on October 22, 2012 at 1:02 AM

Yes, thanks to you, and our friend, Schadenfreude, I am. Thank you very much, indeed. :)

thatsafactjack on October 22, 2012 at 1:05 AM

Bmore, did you see my temp. answer to you?

Schadenfreude on October 22, 2012 at 1:04 AM

Yes, no offense, you know I love ya, but……….it wasn’t very concise.

Bmore on October 22, 2012 at 1:06 AM

For Jackie.

Bmore on October 22, 2012 at 12:39 AM

I bought Adrian’s record when that came out.

Related: I was just discussing King Crimson with someone yesterday, and had to correct her because she was confusing Tony Levin with Bill Bruford!

Anti-Control on October 22, 2012 at 1:06 AM

Bmore on October 22, 2012 at 1:04 AM

Cat piss. That’s what you smell…

OmahaConservative on October 22, 2012 at 1:06 AM

Bmore on October 22, 2012 at 1:06 AM

Did you see the following comments by jafj. It was very concise.

Schadenfreude on October 22, 2012 at 1:07 AM