Quotes of the day

posted at 8:31 pm on October 21, 2012 by Allahpundit

“I don’t crow about bad polls, I don’t crow about good polls. I just want trends,” said Ron Kaufman, a top Romney adviser. “And the bottom line is the trends are kind of good for us. That’s all that matters at this point. There’s a long way to go.”

“It’s been an enjoyable journey,” he added. “I think we’re having more fun right now than they are.“

***

Obama won [Ohio] in 2008 largely because of a healthy lead among independents and a highly enthusiastic base’s turning out votes. Right now Romney is leading big with independents, has a more enthusiastic base, and is drawing crowds in Ohio that rival Obama’s. While he is down 2.5 points in the polls, the average poll is assuming 2008 turnout which is unlikely to repeat itself this year. Adding the fact that early voting is trending more Republican than in 2008, there is a lot of reason for optimism that this race is much closer than the current polls suggest. Not bad for a candidate who was declared dead in the state just a few weeks ago.

***

Among Keystone State voters in our poll who say the economy and job creation is the most important issue that will influence their vote, voters prefer Romney over Obama by a 54% to 40% margin. This is clear evidence Romney is winning the jobs argument. Voters in Western Pa, who tend to be blue collar, working class Democrats, care about jobs and resent the President’s war on coal. In the Pittsburgh market, Romney is on track to run up huge margins. In the vote-rich Southeast collar counties around Philadelphia, Romney is neck-and-neck with Obama because these more affluent, better educated suburban voters identify with Mitt Romney and a lot of what he stands for. They know he’s not an extremist, know he cares about kids and women, saved the Olympics and wants deficits under control…

This is why our statewide polling was the first to show Romney with an improved image in the Commonwealth after the first debate – 48% now view him favorably, a huge reversal from pre-debate polling. And this is a clear indication even in a “blue” state like Pennsylvania voters are smart enough to know that having a leader in the White House who understands job creation is more important than having the letter “R” or “D” posted outside the Oval office door.

***

The psychology of the race has shifted, a prospect that advisers to Mr. Obama had long fought. They sought to define Mr. Romney as an unacceptable choice, hoping to keep enough voters who supported Mr. Obama in 2008 from seeing Mr. Romney as a plausible alternative…

Here in Florida, the largest competitive state with 29 electoral votes, supporters of Mr. Romney say they have noticed a drastic change since the Oct. 3 debate in Denver, where his strong performance came as he stepped up his advertising in Florida.

“For a long time, the Republican rationale was ‘I just want Obama to lose,’ ” said Brian Ballard, a co-chairman of the Romney campaign in the state. “He opened people’s eyes at the debate. It moved the needle for the pro-Romney vote, not just that we can’t have four more years of the same.”

***

[Obama supporters] at the George Mason University event described various means used to cope with political panic, whether prompted by a poor debate performance or a particularly gnawing poll…

“I felt like I was going to cry [after the debate],” said Nancy Aboulmouna, of Arlington. “I have not yet. Not yet. I just wanted to. I talked to my parents and friends. But then I found out that some of them were Romney supporters and it got worse from there.”

Faced with a campaign narrative not to their liking, some Obama supporters simply tuned out. Johana Posada, 25, of Arlington, said she stopped paying attention to the polls when they began to go south for Obama after that first debate.

***

The Republicans are now the ones offering ideas of progress or reform, while the Democrats fiercely fight to protect the established order of entitlements, tax hikes, and obeisance to unions, greens, and feminists. Even when Obama and Biden have been highly caffeinated, they have not stated their plans and goals for a second term. They are too busy painting a socialist-realist mural of Romney and Ryan as maniacal reactionaries. They are too preoccupied with protecting subsidies for Big Bird, Planned Parenthood, and windmills.

Four years ago, President Obama and Vice President Biden were bursting with plans. Obama said he would cut the deficit, middle-class taxes, and health care premiums, while also creating a new entitlement to health insurance. He said he’d revamp America’s energy, education, and immigration policies for the 21st century. He delivered a speech in the early months of his term saying he’d put America on a “new foundation.” His 2011 State of the Union address was devoted to “winning the future.”

But all of these big dreams have crashed against the granite wall of reality. The deficit is up, the price of fuel and health care premiums has increased, incomes are down, and tax increases loom. Obama is exhausted. His political capital is spent. The boldest proposal he’s put forward recently is hiring another 100,000 teachers. That doesn’t even rise to the level of small-ball. It’s mini-golf.

***

Flash-forward to 2012 and all we’ve seen from the man who promised us hope, change, and a new kind of politics is a nakedly cynical divide and conquer crusade that’s only gotten worse in its closing days. While Romney focuses his closing argument on the future, his agenda, and the realities of governing, our president is literally going all in on Big Bird, contraception, Binder-gate, “Romnesia,” and aids flanking him at rallies holding signs that read: “Women’s Health Security.”

This smallness and naked desperation is not only apparent, it’s familiar. I don’t mean to pick at an old scab, but in the closing days of the ’08 campaign, we saw the same kind of behavior from John McCain. He knew he was losing and in a desperate bid to gain traction, his message became erratic (suspending the campaign) and small (Joe the Plumber).

Probably with good reason, Barack Obama is also not acting like a winner. So bad is his behavior, in fact, that he’s given Romney a massive opening to declare Obama’s behavior “unpresidential.” Wasn’t it just a few weeks ago that Romney was beaten senseless for his lack of substance? The secret’s out: Obama has no second-term agenda.

***

Sure, the Republicans still insist on bringing up trivial, peripheral distractions like Benghazi, Obamacare, multi-trillion-dollar debt, unsustainable entitlements, permanent long-term unemployment, and the looming January 1 “fiscal cliff.” But Democrats know that, if Romney gets his way, there’ll be nothing at the bottom of the fiscal cliff to break your fall except binders. In RomneyWorld, when the mullahs drop the big Iranian nuke, there’ll be nothing crawling out from the irradiated rubble except cockroaches and binders — or some hideous mutation of the two: bindroaches, vile creatures prowling the land on three pairs of jointed rings ready to snap shut on your daughters’ ankles as they attempt to access the last Planned Parenthood clinic in America…

Some years ago, the then–French defense minister, Jean-Pierre Chevènement, complained that the Americans were committed to “the organized cretinization of our people.” I’ve never accepted the thesis, but I have to say that, in the final weeks of his reelection campaign, the first man in history to spend $6 trillion and leave no trace is doing a magnificent job of cretinizing his own base. In the binders of history, this one will be worth its own tab.

***

Eileen touched her friend’s arm. “Most women I know, whether they’re for Obama or Romney, they feel the same thing,” she said. “[Abortion is] a distraction. That whole Gloria Steinem thing is old.”…

Romney’s “binders full of women” line, an awkward phrasing that inspired reams of mockery on the Internet, wasn’t changing any minds among the women I spoke to. Democratic partisans saw it as more evidence Romney was out of touch; Republican partisans saw it as of a piece with his business background. “Anyone who’s ever been a professional, ever, knows that’s how you get resumes: in a binder,”43-year-old Republican stay-at-home mother Michele Moss said, rolling her eyes. Only someone who’d never been in the business world — like Obama — would fail to understand that.

The “binders” line didn’t register at all among the undecided women.

Via Gallup.

***

Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.) delivered a withering assault on President Barack Obama on Sunday, asserting that the president hasn’t laid out a concrete agenda for a second term and is instead making up catch phrases like “Romnesia.”

“That fires up his base, people who are going to vote for him anyway,” Rubio said on ABC’s “This Week.” “But for the rest of Americans who are trying to make up their mind who to vote for, what they’re wondering is, ‘Well, that’s very cute Mr. President, but what are you going to do for the future?’”

***

Comments

Comment pages: 1 4 5 6 7 8 9

Remember when you started to turn on me after that first debate I was so sure I’d won and I wee-weed on my knees and begged you not to because I’d go berzerk?
Well, you did anyhow and my days have gotten worse and worse and now you see I’ve gone completely out of my mind.

And they’re coming to take me away Ha Ha
They’re coming to take me away ho ho he he ha ha
To the funny farm where life is beautiful all the time, and I’ll be happy to see those nice young men in their clean white coats
And they’re coming to take me away ha ha

You thought when my poll numbers started to crater that it was a joke and so you laughed, you laughed when I said that going below 50% would make me flip my lid, right?
You know you laughed, I heard you laugh, you laughed, you laughed and laughed and then you turned your back on me, but now you know by November 6 I’ll be utterly mad.

And they’re coming to take me away Ha Ha
They’re coming to take me away ho ho he he ha ha
To the happy home with trees and flowers and chirping birds and basket weavers who sit and smile and twiddle their thumbs and toes
They’re coming to take me away ha ha… …

Cheshire Cat on October 21, 2012 at 10:58 PM

Finally cozmo and Twerp are wrestling again.

But who is winning? Too much dust, I can’t see a thing.

SparkPlug on October 21, 2012 at 10:58 PM

fred flinstone…hehehehehe

Slade73 on October 21, 2012 at 10:59 PM

Remember him?

KCB on October 21, 2012 at 10:59 PM

K-

I am not nuts.

In some traditions, baptism is also called christening,[5][6] but for others the word “christening” is reserved for the baptism of infants.[7]

Infant baptism[1][2] is the practice of baptising infants or young children. In theological discussions, the practice is sometimes referred to as paedobaptism or pedobaptism from the Greek pais meaning “child”. The practice is sometimes contrasted with what is called “believer’s baptism”, or credobaptism, from the Latin word credo meaning “I believe”, which is the religious practice of baptising only individuals who personally confess faith in Jesus, therefore excluding underage children. Infant baptism is also called christening by some faith traditions.

Most Christians belong to denominations that practise infant baptism.[3] Denominations that practise infant baptism include the Roman Catholic Church, the Eastern Orthodox Church, Oriental Orthodoxy, Armenian Apostolic Church, Assyrian Church of the East, the Anglican churches, Lutherans, Presbyterians, Methodists, some Church of the Nazarene,[4] the Reformed Church in America,[5] the United Church of Canada, the United Church of Christ (UCC), and the Continental Reformed.

Groups within the Protestant tradition that reject infant baptism include the Baptists, Apostolic Christians, Disciples of Christ and the Churches of Christ, most Pentecostals, Mennonites, Amish, Plymouth Brethren, Seventh-day Adventists, most non-denominational churches, and other Arminian denominations. Infant baptism is also excluded by Iglesia ni Cristo (Church of Christ), Jehovah’s Witnesses, Christadelphians, and Latter Day Saints.

bazil9 on October 21, 2012 at 11:00 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on October 21, 2012 at 10:32 PM

Glad to hear that! It would be surprising if he WEREN’T focused on the girlfriend at this point in his life- LOL.

Night Owl on October 21, 2012 at 10:39 PM

She’s gorgeous, conservative, and an excellent shot.

annoyinglittletwerp on October 21, 2012 at 10:47 PM

Now that’s my kind of sexy !

listens2glenn on October 21, 2012 at 11:00 PM

Always liked ELO.

KCB on October 21, 2012 at 10:47 PM

Same here. Loved their “big sound.”

Here’s another one, with some Japanese anime thrown in for good measure. The song was used as the opening for a drama–Densha Otoko.

theotherone on October 21, 2012 at 11:00 PM

Is anyone else using their A/C tonight, or just me?

OmahaConservative on October 21, 2012 at 9:34 PM

Still 80+ tonight in Tulsa, so Yes!

Who is John Galt on October 21, 2012 at 11:01 PM

anyone see the episode of Boardwalk Empire when Agent Van Alden baptizes his partner? Wouldn’t want to attend that guy’s church.

Slade73 on October 21, 2012 at 11:02 PM

Obama truly is a moron..

mark81150 on October 21, 2012 at 10:48 PM

Let’s not insult morons by lumping the SCOAMF in with them. ;->

Beside I have always thought the SCOAMF is more of a maroon!

PolAgnostic on October 21, 2012 at 11:03 PM

Remember him?

KCB on October 21, 2012 at 10:59 PM

Back when Linda Rondstadt was hot.

Speaking of…

cozmo on October 21, 2012 at 11:03 PM

Still 80+ tonight in Tulsa, so Yes!

Who is John Galt on October 21, 2012 at 11:01 PM

cause global warming

natch

Slade73 on October 21, 2012 at 11:04 PM

Don’t worry, nothing will touch him. I’m thinking of having him neutered.

thatsafactjack on October 21, 2012 at 10:56 PM

Now I am definitely not linking what I was gonna link about the bad kitty. Lol! ; (

Bmore on October 21, 2012 at 11:04 PM

Bmore on October 21, 2012 at 11:04 PM

One does what one must with a very bad kitty. Sad to say.

thatsafactjack on October 21, 2012 at 11:05 PM

Is anyone else using their A/C tonight, or just me?

OmahaConservative on October 21, 2012 at 9:34 PM

Still 80+ tonight in Tulsa, so Yes!

Who is John Galt on October 21, 2012 at 11:01 PM

If the ‘dewpoint’ is above 63F, then I’d surely have it on.

listens2glenn on October 21, 2012 at 11:05 PM

Hey cozmo: I googled it. Clovis is 99 miles from Lubbock. With the way my husband drives, 99 miles would take us just over an hour.
We Lubbockites have much more in common with Clovis or Carlsbad-yes, I’ve been there-than Houston or Dallas.

annoyinglittletwerp on October 21, 2012 at 11:06 PM

listens2glenn on October 21, 2012 at 10:55 PM

I don’t feel like a theology argument tonight. Lutherans do not believe in or accept decision theology…

OmahaConservative on October 21, 2012 at 11:06 PM

Ugh,I had to reboot,locked her up real done good…drats!

canopfor on October 21, 2012 at 11:08 PM

Still a lot of football left, but the Steelers’ defense is at its best since week 2 against the Jets.

Steelers just got the ball back. 7:29 left 4th quarter. Steelers ahead 24-17.

22044 on October 21, 2012 at 11:08 PM

One does what one must with a very bad kitty. Sad to say.

thatsafactjack on October 21, 2012 at 11:05 PM

Crap, now I have to link it. Bad Kitty!

Bmore on October 21, 2012 at 11:09 PM

Lubbock has some of the coolest dust storms I’ve ever seen. Not much else.

Slade73 on October 21, 2012 at 11:09 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on October 21, 2012 at 11:06 PM

Um yeah…remember this?

We’re an hour west of the TX/NM border-and get hit with Zero ads meant for NM. *spit*

annoyinglittletwerp on October 21, 2012 at 10:45 PM

West young lady, the sticking point is WEST.

cozmo on October 21, 2012 at 11:09 PM

bazil9 on October 21, 2012 at 10:48 PM

You had a double baptism, by the Lutherans and the Orthodox. It’s all good, we accept one another’s baptisms as valid Trinitarian baptisms. One doesn’t cancel out the other…

OmahaConservative on October 21, 2012 at 10:52 PM

Cool..the rate I am going,
I will need it. :)

bazil9 on October 21, 2012 at 11:09 PM

UNINSTALLING OBAMA…..……………. █████████████▒▒▒ 90% complete.

VorDaj on October 21, 2012 at 11:10 PM

respect ma authoritaaaauuuuuuu kitty

Slade73 on October 21, 2012 at 11:11 PM

West young lady, the sticking point is WEST.

cozmo on October 21, 2012 at 11:09 PM
Drat. I meant EAST-but you knew that.

annoyinglittletwerp on October 21, 2012 at 11:11 PM

BREAKING NEWS:

Hillbilly learning to do humpbot touchdown dance in anticipation of Nov. 6. Film at Eleven.

Oh, it’s 11:11? Nevermind.

hillbillyjim on October 21, 2012 at 11:11 PM

Bmore on October 21, 2012 at 11:09 PM

My bad kitty is sleeping in the screen room… alone. My bad kitty, apparently, isn’t nearly so entertaining as the one on SP.

thatsafactjack on October 21, 2012 at 11:11 PM

Finally cozmo and Twerp are wrestling again.

But who is winning? Too much dust, I can’t see a thing.

SparkPlug on October 21, 2012 at 10:58 PM

…poor water on them!…mud wrestling is more exciting!

KOOLAID2 on October 21, 2012 at 11:12 PM

West young lady, the sticking point is WEST.

cozmo on October 21, 2012 at 11:09 PM

I’m a yoot-just like Paul Ryan.

annoyinglittletwerp on October 21, 2012 at 11:12 PM

An individual person still must make a decision to “ingest” (read or hear) The Word.

The Heavenly Father isn’t picking and choosing whom to give faith to, or whom not.

listens2glenn on October 21, 2012 at 10:55 PM

The listener may be receptive to the Word, but that willing reception is a result of the Holy Spirit’s work, not anything that the individual has done for himself. ” God, who is rich in mercy, made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions—it is by grace you have been saved” “When you were dead in your sins and in the uncircumcision of your sinful nature, God made you alive with Christ. …” Dead people are incapable of doing anything for themselves, they cannot make themselves receptive to the Word, that is the work of the Holy Spirit. “For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— not by works, so that no one can boast. ” i.e, the faith we have comes from God, not ourselves. None of us can claim to be a bit “less dead” or to have performed some work to make us worthy of faith, such as making a decision for Christ. Christians are called upon to sow the seed of the Word, where it grows is the work of the Spirit.

Your second statement touches on the more difficult doctrine of predestination. The statement you made above takes the comfort given to believers that God knew those whom he called before the creation of the world and turns it around to say that he thus rejected others.

AZfederalist on October 21, 2012 at 11:12 PM

respect ma authoritaaaauuuuuuu kitty

Slade73 on October 21, 2012 at 11:11 PM

LOL…bad kittay!
Cheezy poofs.
My favorite episode.

bazil9 on October 21, 2012 at 11:12 PM

Not sure who I despise more, Bob Kerrey or 0bama…

OmahaConservative on October 21, 2012 at 11:12 PM

Classic.

KCB on October 21, 2012 at 11:12 PM

Crap, now I have to link it. Bad Kitty!

Bmore on October 21, 2012 at 11:09 PM

The kitty doesn’t look happy at the end! :)

22044 on October 21, 2012 at 11:12 PM

Drat. I meant EAST-but you knew that.

annoyinglittletwerp on October 21, 2012 at 11:11 PM

Yes, but it gave me many minutes of fun.

And its not like you wrote my family deserved to be destroyed, or anything like that.

cozmo on October 21, 2012 at 11:13 PM

Classic.

KCB on October 21, 2012 at 11:12 PM

Same goes for that whole album.

cozmo on October 21, 2012 at 11:15 PM

cozmo on October 21, 2012 at 11:09 PM

It is her Birthday…..slack…cut some?? :-)

KCB on October 21, 2012 at 11:15 PM

AZfederalist on October 21, 2012 at 11:12 PM

Thanks for fielding that, I’m more of a one liner type guy…

OmahaConservative on October 21, 2012 at 11:15 PM

thatsafactjack on October 21, 2012 at 11:11 PM

The better halfs kitty Ringo Ray gets like that too. He can be a very bad kitty on my best Tibetan rugs. He is fixed and is still a very bad kitty. I can’t shoot him though. Yet.

Bmore on October 21, 2012 at 11:15 PM

Who is John Galt on October 21, 2012 at 11:16 PM

Night
God Bless
and a good week to all.

bazil9 on October 21, 2012 at 11:17 PM

listens2glenn on October 21, 2012 at 10:55 PM

Lutherans will still be pleased to hang with you in heaven…

OmahaConservative on October 21, 2012 at 11:18 PM

Good Night b, Pleasant Dreams.

Bmore on October 21, 2012 at 11:18 PM

My favorite episode.

bazil9 on October 21, 2012 at 11:12 PM

I like the one with the Snow Monster with Patrick Duffy for a leg.

Also the 300 spoof when the teacher ends up scissoring Xerxes

Slade73 on October 21, 2012 at 11:18 PM

Slade73 on October 21, 2012 at 11:16 PM

Every time I see your handle.

cozmo on October 21, 2012 at 11:19 PM

thatsafactjack on October 21, 2012 at 11:11 PM

Okay, I just stopped tearing from the laughter. ; )

Bmore on October 21, 2012 at 11:19 PM

night B to the nine

Slade73 on October 21, 2012 at 11:19 PM

Bmore on October 21, 2012 at 11:15 PM

My bad kitty makes unpleasant yowling noises. He’s ordinarily pretty affectionate, which is the only thing saving him. Still, neutering might be the only solution, that, or finding him a new home.

thatsafactjack on October 21, 2012 at 11:19 PM

3 and out for Cincinnati. Go Steelers! 3:57 left.

22044 on October 21, 2012 at 11:19 PM

Otay,I’m bailing out,heres one,er two for the road!!

GoodNight Everyone—————————:)
===============================================

Monday
October 22, 2012

Topic: Foreign policy
Air Time: 9:00-10:30 p.m. Eastern Time
Location: Lynn University in Boca Raton, Florida (Tickets)
Sponsor: Commission on Presidential Debates
Participants: President Barack Obama and Governor Mitt Romney
Moderator: Bob Schieffer (Host of Face the Nation on CBS)

The format for the debate will be identical to the first presidential debate and will focus on foreign policy.

===================================

*(CSPAN Linky not activiated as yet)

CSPAN

Presidential Debate on Foreign Policy
October 22nd at 9pm (ET)
Lynn University, Boca Raton, FL

canopfor on October 21, 2012 at 11:20 PM

In my neighborhood, which is around Destin, FL there are about 40 lawn signs. There is one Obama sign…..tucked half way in a bush. Nuff said.

Meat Fighter on October 21, 2012 at 11:21 PM

bazil9 on October 21, 2012 at 11:17 PM

Goodnight, B9! Very nice to have spent some time with you this evening. :)

thatsafactjack on October 21, 2012 at 11:21 PM

Instead of putting my cat out, I sent him to live with a cousin. I have piles in my house and the damned thing pissed all over my dirty clothes. Even Tide won’t get that out…

OmahaConservative on October 21, 2012 at 11:21 PM

Goodnight canopfor.

Go Steelers.

Go Romney.

Go to hell, Democrats.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That

is

all.

hillbillyjim on October 21, 2012 at 11:22 PM

cozmo on October 21, 2012 at 11:19 PM

can you say “best song evah”?

Slade73 on October 21, 2012 at 11:23 PM

OmahaConservative on October 21, 2012 at 11:21 PM

Sasha has a pissing problem-but she’s old and was abused before we adopted her 9 years ago. She’s staying.*rented a rug doctor and am gonna hit the carpet tomorrow.

annoyinglittletwerp on October 21, 2012 at 11:24 PM

thatsafactjack on October 21, 2012 at 11:19 PM

Whats his name?

Bmore on October 21, 2012 at 11:26 PM

OmahaConservative on October 21, 2012 at 11:21 PM

I’m sorry to hear that OC.

thatsafactjack on October 21, 2012 at 11:26 PM

Slade73 on October 21, 2012 at 11:23 PM

Lets not get carried away here.

Besides, Jack put that one up last night.

Or maybe this one.

cozmo on October 21, 2012 at 11:26 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on October 21, 2012 at 11:24 PM

Uggghh. Use Simple Green instead of Rug Doctor shampoo. It was the only thing I could find to get rid of the cat piss smell…

OmahaConservative on October 21, 2012 at 11:27 PM

Thanks for fielding that, I’m more of a one liner type guy…

OmahaConservative on October 21, 2012 at 11:15 PM

I definitely didn’t do the subject the justice it deserves. Not hitting on all cylinders tonight. This has been a sticking point between denominations for centuries.

AZfederalist on October 21, 2012 at 11:27 PM

Bmore on October 21, 2012 at 11:26 PM

lol! Right now its ‘You bad, bad, cat!’

thatsafactjack on October 21, 2012 at 11:28 PM

I’m sorry to hear that OC.

thatsafactjack on October 21, 2012 at 11:26 PM

It’s cool. I live a mile away and see Wokkie & Kitten four or five times a week…
I have two cats, just not at home…

OmahaConservative on October 21, 2012 at 11:30 PM

Drudge photos are brutal to Obama’s foreign policy tonight

workingclass artist on October 21, 2012 at 11:30 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on October 21, 2012 at 11:24 PM

Happy Birthday, ALT. Best wishes and many returns of the day.:)

As to ‘Sasha’ there is a product at PetCo called ‘Wee Wee’ that is an enzymatic and it will take that odor out of your carpets for you. Its best poured directly on the spots, let stand, and then put a little in your rug doctor tank as you clean the carpet. It won’t hurt your machine, and it will do a good job for you. The product removes the odor as the carpet dries, and it had to dry all the way through, even the padding beneath to be effective. Hope this helps.

thatsafactjack on October 21, 2012 at 11:31 PM

Drudge photos are brutal to Obama’s foreign policy tonight

workingclass artist on October 21, 2012 at 11:30 PM

….

and…

….

Obarmy’s policies are brutal to Obarmy’s poll numbers tonight. Go baby go.

hillbillyjim on October 21, 2012 at 11:32 PM

AZfederalist on October 21, 2012 at 11:27 PM

Predestination was even argued amongst the various Lutheran bodies in the early twentieth century. It split apart the Synodical Conference…
Do you know Pr. David Gray?

OmahaConservative on October 21, 2012 at 11:32 PM

In addition to all the bows on Drudge, don’t forget this one.

Schadenfreude on October 21, 2012 at 11:33 PM

OmahaConservative on October 21, 2012 at 11:30 PM

It’s great that you get to see them regularly. I just posted to ALT about a product called ‘Wee Wee’ available at PetCo that will remove that odor, in the case of clothing, spot treat the fabric and then wash as usual. :) *Be careful that it doesn’t effect the color.*

thatsafactjack on October 21, 2012 at 11:33 PM

thatsafactjack on October 21, 2012 at 11:33 PM

Too much trouble for me darlin’
Plus, I don’t have to buy chow or litter, so it’s all good…

OmahaConservative on October 21, 2012 at 11:36 PM

OmahaConservative on October 21, 2012 at 11:27 PM

Steam it with water and white vinegar, with one of those newfangled steam cleaners — even the cheap ones will work. If it’s too permeated, steam w/ vinegar and water, then use carpet shampoo machine dealeo. Then take several gallons of kerosene and burn the shit in your back yard, preferably with lots of neighbors and hot dogs handy.

hillbillyjim on October 21, 2012 at 11:36 PM

I keed, I keed.

hillbillyjim on October 21, 2012 at 11:38 PM

Why Worry – Dire Straits

thatsafactjack on October 21, 2012 at 11:38 PM

LOLZ, HBJim…

OmahaConservative on October 21, 2012 at 11:39 PM

This song is awfully good.

KCB on October 21, 2012 at 11:40 PM

LOLZ, HBJim…

OmahaConservative on October 21, 2012 at 11:39 PM

Sorry, Omaha.

Sometimes I just can’t help myself…

The white vinegar is effective, however.

hillbillyjim on October 21, 2012 at 11:41 PM

Why Worry – Dire Straits

thatsafactjack on October 21, 2012 at 11:38 PM

Their second best album.

With that lullaby, I’m off to bed.

cozmo on October 21, 2012 at 11:41 PM

cozmo on October 21, 2012 at 11:41 PM

Goodnight, Cozmo. Sleep well. :)

thatsafactjack on October 21, 2012 at 11:42 PM

cozmo on October 21, 2012 at 11:41 PM

Good night. Thanks for the tunes!

KCB on October 21, 2012 at 11:43 PM

OmahaConservative on October 21, 2012 at 11:21 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on October 21, 2012 at 11:24 PM

…you don’t think it is a urinary tract infection?…have two cats that were adopted…one at 7 and one at 9 years of age…both came into the house pooping in the litter box…but pissing elsewhere. (I will not tolerate a kennel smell in the house…and cat piss is not an aphrodisiac!)
Vet gave me medicine for that…and told me to take a half of vitamin C pill…grind it and sprinkle it into their cat food periodically…Ok!…whatever…haven’t had a problem since.
A couple of weeks ago a lady at work who has a year old cat wanted to know if I would take it, because all of a sudden it was peeing around the house, and she couldn’t afford the Vet. I told her what the Vet suggested and a week or so later was thanked because the daughter could keep her cat!

KOOLAID2 on October 21, 2012 at 11:44 PM

..late to the dance, fellow babies, but before we descend into rock music citations, etc. (meant reverently) but consider this:

Is it just me or is that annoying scrunt Stephanie Cutter working wa-a-a-a-a-y to hard in that clip with Schieffer. She always puts me in mind of the old anecdote about Winston Churchill who was approached by an irate constituent who exclaimed, “Mr Prime Minister, if you were my husband, I would givie you poison in your tea!”

To which Sir Winston replied, “..and Madam, if you were my wife, I would drink it!”

The War Planner on October 21, 2012 at 11:45 PM

Tomorrow night’s the night we begin to send the Seductive Destructive One back to Chicago.

Pray, people.

This is down to the short hairs. We’ve gotta win this one, nationally and down-ticket.

Don’t get lazy; get out there and get out some votes! Please.

hillbillyjim on October 21, 2012 at 11:46 PM

The white vinegar is effective, however.

hillbillyjim on October 21, 2012 at 11:41 PM

It’s even more effective to kick the pissers out of the house. Funny, they don’t piss on stuff at my cousin’s house, but then again, they don’t allow stuff to pile up…

OmahaConservative on October 21, 2012 at 11:46 PM

Tonight’s ad report, from the Sunday Night Football game:
Nearly all ads were for George Allen &/or against Tim Kaine
Maybe 1 or 2 ads for Romney by a SuperPac. No ads for Obama
About 50/50 between ads for/against Maryland’s Question 7

This report brought to you by Bank of America. /

22044 on October 21, 2012 at 11:48 PM

The War Planner on October 21, 2012 at 11:45 PM

Got a little Johnny Fever tone tonight. :-)

KCB on October 21, 2012 at 11:48 PM

Telegraph Road – Dire Straits

thatsafactjack on October 21, 2012 at 11:49 PM

KOOLAID2 on October 21, 2012 at 11:44 PM

There ain’t nothing worse than the smell of cat piss. I took a shirt out of the dryer and put it on and smelled like cat piss all day at work…

OmahaConservative on October 21, 2012 at 11:50 PM

omg, i just ran the vid with Schieffer. The romney guy has to spring for a better rug. look at yourself in a mirror guy.

then Schieffer interrupting him with the binders thing

and to top off the evening i hear that barry is going on letterman and leno for the umpteenth time….

prezy eye-candy. he’s playing the losers in the press corpse like a bad violin

kakistocracy…that’s the word. ‘leadership’ by the worst of the society. Now we know, that when the american idol ‘voters’ turn out on election day…there is still a good chance that they will go for the eye-candy…we get the government we (or they) deserve…i.e. a kakistocracy

r keller on October 21, 2012 at 11:51 PM

I’d rather smell skunk piss than cat piss…

OmahaConservative on October 21, 2012 at 11:52 PM

listens2glenn on October 21, 2012 at 10:55 PM

OmahaConservative on October 21, 2012 at 11:06 PM

Don’t blame you; I was stupid for letting myself get “sucked-in”, considering all of the computer difficulty I’m trying to correct just now.
Otherwise, I just love these kinds of discussions. : )

listens2glenn on October 21, 2012 at 11:52 PM

The secret’s out: Obama has no second-term agenda.

Not true. He certainly has an agenda. And it is:

Second verse, same as the first.

He wants to keep doing what he’s been doing to America the last four years.

ITguy on October 21, 2012 at 11:53 PM

Google chrome is so much faster than safari on the iPad.

A million times faster.

Even my DIRe predictor machine works better since I installed Chrome.

SparkPlug on October 21, 2012 at 11:54 PM

Where is Axe?

SparkPlug on October 21, 2012 at 11:56 PM

KCB on October 21, 2012 at 11:48 PM

This is Dr Fever at his best..imho..:)

Dire Straits on October 21, 2012 at 11:57 PM

SparkPlug on October 21, 2012 at 11:56 PM

I don’t know. He’s just disappeared. I hope he’s alright and well.

thatsafactjack on October 21, 2012 at 11:57 PM

Dire Straits on October 21, 2012 at 11:57 PM

I can’t believe you found that! You do come up them, Dire! Very cool. :)

thatsafactjack on October 21, 2012 at 11:59 PM

Do you know Pr. David Gray?

OmahaConservative on October 21, 2012 at 11:32 PM

Have not heard of him. From which Synod does he come?

AZfederalist on October 21, 2012 at 11:59 PM