Quotes of the day

posted at 8:31 pm on October 21, 2012 by Allahpundit

“I don’t crow about bad polls, I don’t crow about good polls. I just want trends,” said Ron Kaufman, a top Romney adviser. “And the bottom line is the trends are kind of good for us. That’s all that matters at this point. There’s a long way to go.”

“It’s been an enjoyable journey,” he added. “I think we’re having more fun right now than they are.“

***

Obama won [Ohio] in 2008 largely because of a healthy lead among independents and a highly enthusiastic base’s turning out votes. Right now Romney is leading big with independents, has a more enthusiastic base, and is drawing crowds in Ohio that rival Obama’s. While he is down 2.5 points in the polls, the average poll is assuming 2008 turnout which is unlikely to repeat itself this year. Adding the fact that early voting is trending more Republican than in 2008, there is a lot of reason for optimism that this race is much closer than the current polls suggest. Not bad for a candidate who was declared dead in the state just a few weeks ago.

***

Among Keystone State voters in our poll who say the economy and job creation is the most important issue that will influence their vote, voters prefer Romney over Obama by a 54% to 40% margin. This is clear evidence Romney is winning the jobs argument. Voters in Western Pa, who tend to be blue collar, working class Democrats, care about jobs and resent the President’s war on coal. In the Pittsburgh market, Romney is on track to run up huge margins. In the vote-rich Southeast collar counties around Philadelphia, Romney is neck-and-neck with Obama because these more affluent, better educated suburban voters identify with Mitt Romney and a lot of what he stands for. They know he’s not an extremist, know he cares about kids and women, saved the Olympics and wants deficits under control…

This is why our statewide polling was the first to show Romney with an improved image in the Commonwealth after the first debate – 48% now view him favorably, a huge reversal from pre-debate polling. And this is a clear indication even in a “blue” state like Pennsylvania voters are smart enough to know that having a leader in the White House who understands job creation is more important than having the letter “R” or “D” posted outside the Oval office door.

***

The psychology of the race has shifted, a prospect that advisers to Mr. Obama had long fought. They sought to define Mr. Romney as an unacceptable choice, hoping to keep enough voters who supported Mr. Obama in 2008 from seeing Mr. Romney as a plausible alternative…

Here in Florida, the largest competitive state with 29 electoral votes, supporters of Mr. Romney say they have noticed a drastic change since the Oct. 3 debate in Denver, where his strong performance came as he stepped up his advertising in Florida.

“For a long time, the Republican rationale was ‘I just want Obama to lose,’ ” said Brian Ballard, a co-chairman of the Romney campaign in the state. “He opened people’s eyes at the debate. It moved the needle for the pro-Romney vote, not just that we can’t have four more years of the same.”

***

[Obama supporters] at the George Mason University event described various means used to cope with political panic, whether prompted by a poor debate performance or a particularly gnawing poll…

“I felt like I was going to cry [after the debate],” said Nancy Aboulmouna, of Arlington. “I have not yet. Not yet. I just wanted to. I talked to my parents and friends. But then I found out that some of them were Romney supporters and it got worse from there.”

Faced with a campaign narrative not to their liking, some Obama supporters simply tuned out. Johana Posada, 25, of Arlington, said she stopped paying attention to the polls when they began to go south for Obama after that first debate.

***

The Republicans are now the ones offering ideas of progress or reform, while the Democrats fiercely fight to protect the established order of entitlements, tax hikes, and obeisance to unions, greens, and feminists. Even when Obama and Biden have been highly caffeinated, they have not stated their plans and goals for a second term. They are too busy painting a socialist-realist mural of Romney and Ryan as maniacal reactionaries. They are too preoccupied with protecting subsidies for Big Bird, Planned Parenthood, and windmills.

Four years ago, President Obama and Vice President Biden were bursting with plans. Obama said he would cut the deficit, middle-class taxes, and health care premiums, while also creating a new entitlement to health insurance. He said he’d revamp America’s energy, education, and immigration policies for the 21st century. He delivered a speech in the early months of his term saying he’d put America on a “new foundation.” His 2011 State of the Union address was devoted to “winning the future.”

But all of these big dreams have crashed against the granite wall of reality. The deficit is up, the price of fuel and health care premiums has increased, incomes are down, and tax increases loom. Obama is exhausted. His political capital is spent. The boldest proposal he’s put forward recently is hiring another 100,000 teachers. That doesn’t even rise to the level of small-ball. It’s mini-golf.

***

Flash-forward to 2012 and all we’ve seen from the man who promised us hope, change, and a new kind of politics is a nakedly cynical divide and conquer crusade that’s only gotten worse in its closing days. While Romney focuses his closing argument on the future, his agenda, and the realities of governing, our president is literally going all in on Big Bird, contraception, Binder-gate, “Romnesia,” and aids flanking him at rallies holding signs that read: “Women’s Health Security.”

This smallness and naked desperation is not only apparent, it’s familiar. I don’t mean to pick at an old scab, but in the closing days of the ’08 campaign, we saw the same kind of behavior from John McCain. He knew he was losing and in a desperate bid to gain traction, his message became erratic (suspending the campaign) and small (Joe the Plumber).

Probably with good reason, Barack Obama is also not acting like a winner. So bad is his behavior, in fact, that he’s given Romney a massive opening to declare Obama’s behavior “unpresidential.” Wasn’t it just a few weeks ago that Romney was beaten senseless for his lack of substance? The secret’s out: Obama has no second-term agenda.

***

Sure, the Republicans still insist on bringing up trivial, peripheral distractions like Benghazi, Obamacare, multi-trillion-dollar debt, unsustainable entitlements, permanent long-term unemployment, and the looming January 1 “fiscal cliff.” But Democrats know that, if Romney gets his way, there’ll be nothing at the bottom of the fiscal cliff to break your fall except binders. In RomneyWorld, when the mullahs drop the big Iranian nuke, there’ll be nothing crawling out from the irradiated rubble except cockroaches and binders — or some hideous mutation of the two: bindroaches, vile creatures prowling the land on three pairs of jointed rings ready to snap shut on your daughters’ ankles as they attempt to access the last Planned Parenthood clinic in America…

Some years ago, the then–French defense minister, Jean-Pierre Chevènement, complained that the Americans were committed to “the organized cretinization of our people.” I’ve never accepted the thesis, but I have to say that, in the final weeks of his reelection campaign, the first man in history to spend $6 trillion and leave no trace is doing a magnificent job of cretinizing his own base. In the binders of history, this one will be worth its own tab.

***

Eileen touched her friend’s arm. “Most women I know, whether they’re for Obama or Romney, they feel the same thing,” she said. “[Abortion is] a distraction. That whole Gloria Steinem thing is old.”…

Romney’s “binders full of women” line, an awkward phrasing that inspired reams of mockery on the Internet, wasn’t changing any minds among the women I spoke to. Democratic partisans saw it as more evidence Romney was out of touch; Republican partisans saw it as of a piece with his business background. “Anyone who’s ever been a professional, ever, knows that’s how you get resumes: in a binder,”43-year-old Republican stay-at-home mother Michele Moss said, rolling her eyes. Only someone who’d never been in the business world — like Obama — would fail to understand that.

The “binders” line didn’t register at all among the undecided women.

Via Gallup.

***

Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.) delivered a withering assault on President Barack Obama on Sunday, asserting that the president hasn’t laid out a concrete agenda for a second term and is instead making up catch phrases like “Romnesia.”

“That fires up his base, people who are going to vote for him anyway,” Rubio said on ABC’s “This Week.” “But for the rest of Americans who are trying to make up their mind who to vote for, what they’re wondering is, ‘Well, that’s very cute Mr. President, but what are you going to do for the future?’”

***

Comments

Comment pages: 1 3 4 5 6 7 9

Blackberry!

Bmore on October 21, 2012 at 10:26 PM

ohhhhhhhh yummmmm
my fave next to peach.
enjoy B.

bazil9 on October 21, 2012 at 10:29 PM

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ! ! !

listens2glenn on October 21, 2012 at 10:27 PM

What is your question?

OmahaConservative on October 21, 2012 at 10:29 PM

The GOPe will betray you!..:)

Dire Straits on October 21, 2012 at 10:25 PM

The GOPe will turn off your AC when you need it. :)

22044 on October 21, 2012 at 10:29 PM

Deciding to accept Christ as your Savior instead of letting the Holy Spirit do his work through baptismal water. Being ‘born again’ is another example…

OmahaConservative on October 21, 2012 at 10:17 PM

Ah…I was baptized after responding to an altar call. *Yeah-I’m still Catholic-but was baptized ‘fundamentalist’.*

annoyinglittletwerp on October 21, 2012 at 10:29 PM

Happy Birthday Annoying Little Twerp!

How is your son adjusting to his new home, and how is he doing in college?

Night Owl on October 21, 2012 at 10:30 PM

thatsafactjack on October 21, 2012 at 10:27 PM

olz..So I see..:)

PS..Looks like I have given some folks a Christmas present idea!!??!!???..:)

Dire Straits on October 21, 2012 at 10:30 PM

I just ate a frozen casserole that was labeled 2009, from a dear old lady who died two years ago. Hope it was safe…

OmahaConservative on October 21, 2012 at 10:27 PM

Ewwww – didn’t it have like 2 inches of freezer burn on it?

gophergirl on October 21, 2012 at 10:30 PM

KCB on October 21, 2012 at 10:25 PM

Very nice. I hadn’t heard that in a while. :)

thatsafactjack on October 21, 2012 at 10:30 PM

The left’s song to “Lord Obama.”

predator on October 21, 2012 at 10:31 PM

Dire Straits on October 21, 2012 at 10:30 PM

I think it’s a distinct possibility, but they’ll never match your style, pairing them with the cool fedora. :)

thatsafactjack on October 21, 2012 at 10:31 PM

It is also my birthday. I won’t be working on the 7th!!

KCB on October 21, 2012 at 9:45 PM

My B-day is a week after that, but this year, I’m not celebrating.
I’ll celebrate the day we get rid of Hussein regime and fumigate the WH in Jan 2013.

burrata on October 21, 2012 at 10:31 PM

Giants 5, Cardinals 1. Bottom of 8th inning. I guess the Cardinals have 3 outs to play with.

22044 on October 21, 2012 at 10:32 PM

cozmo on October 21, 2012 at 10:22 PM

Nice. Like the intro.

KCB on October 21, 2012 at 10:32 PM

22044 on October 21, 2012 at 10:29 PM

LoLz..Don’t get the GOPe mixed up with the EPA..:)

Dire Straits on October 21, 2012 at 10:32 PM

You’re so clever!:)

thatsafactjack on October 21, 2012 at 10:28 PM

lol..indeed.
I caught that too. :)

Evening Dire!

Good night TarHeel.

Well hell..after GG’s
electric bill..
and me not having any pie-
I’m depressed now. ;)

bazil9 on October 21, 2012 at 10:32 PM

Ewwww – didn’t it have like 2 inches of freezer burn on it?

gophergirl on October 21, 2012 at 10:30 PM

No, it was packed tight in GladWare, and inside two ziplock bags. It was actually really good. Sirloin tips with pasta and sauce…

OmahaConservative on October 21, 2012 at 10:32 PM

Night Owl on October 21, 2012 at 10:30 PM

He likes Texas and school. Is a little too focused on the girlfriend-whom I very much approve of.

annoyinglittletwerp on October 21, 2012 at 10:32 PM

The GOPe will turn off your AC when you need it. :)

22044 on October 21, 2012 at 10:29 PM

Got to give Al Gore some credit..

No wait…..

His A/C has been on all year…

The Inconvenient Truth..

Electrongod on October 21, 2012 at 10:32 PM

Spawn.

Lanceman on October 21, 2012 at 10:33 PM

LoLz..Don’t get the GOPe mixed up with the EPA..:)

Dire Straits on October 21, 2012 at 10:32 PM

Well played :)

EPA: Employment Prevention Agency.

22044 on October 21, 2012 at 10:33 PM

I have gone the entire football game tonight with no election commercials – not even local ones.

Funding must have run out for the week.

gophergirl on October 21, 2012 at 10:34 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on October 21, 2012 at 10:29 PM

That altar call was decision theology. Roman Catholics don’t believe in it either…

OmahaConservative on October 21, 2012 at 10:34 PM

Starting to cough like a madman. Time to heat some water for another cup of tea.

22044 on October 21, 2012 at 10:34 PM

Nice. Like the intro.

KCB on October 21, 2012 at 10:32 PM

The long version has a better flow.

Another fun sappy one. Beware, it will stick with you like a high carb meal.

cozmo on October 21, 2012 at 10:34 PM

Now, see the light!

cozmo on October 21, 2012 at 10:22 PM

Now that is real music! I was at the MI vs MI St. game yesterday and the “kids” next to us had their music blaring. The only words I heard in the song ( that lasted 10 minutes) were F U !!! I know- I’m getting old :)

wolverinefan on October 21, 2012 at 10:34 PM

22044 on October 21, 2012 at 10:34 PM

Are you not feeling well? A cold, or the flu?

thatsafactjack on October 21, 2012 at 10:36 PM

You’re so clever!:)

thatsafactjack on October 21, 2012 at 10:28 PM

Just training the curious cat :)

Schadenfreude on October 21, 2012 at 10:36 PM

Happy Anniversary of your 39th Birthday, Twerp!

Mitsouko on October 21, 2012 at 10:36 PM

Stephanie’s really having a meltdown in that vid. Watch her hands throughout. I’m surprised the chair survived.

WhatSlushfund on October 21, 2012 at 10:37 PM

22044 on October 21, 2012 at 10:34 PM

C’mon over, I have the A/C cranked and I’m smoking like a chimney…

OmahaConservative on October 21, 2012 at 10:37 PM

cozmo on October 21, 2012 at 10:34 PM

That was worth a look just to see the hair!

KCB on October 21, 2012 at 10:37 PM

This is still a political sight right?

Conservative4ev on October 21, 2012 at 10:37 PM

Schadenfreude on October 21, 2012 at 10:36 PM

Made me laugh!:)

thatsafactjack on October 21, 2012 at 10:37 PM

I like Peach best then Blackberry.

SparkPlug on October 21, 2012 at 10:37 PM

Good evening Dire! Blackberry pie will never betray me. ; )

Bmore on October 21, 2012 at 10:28 PM

Correction. The better half changed her mind. Gee thats never happened before./

Good evening Dire! Apple pie will never betray me. ; )

The upside is I don’t have to wait as long for it to cool. : )

Bmore on October 21, 2012 at 10:37 PM

Funding must have run out for the week.

gophergirl on October 21, 2012 at 10:34 PM

It’ Sunday..
Obama will make up for it after his failure on tomorrow’s debate…
He has already booked it..

Electrongod on October 21, 2012 at 10:37 PM

b9, some pie for you.

predator on October 21, 2012 at 10:38 PM

wolverinefan on October 21, 2012 at 10:34 PM

They say that each generation looks down on the music that follows.

There are a few new things that may stand the test of time. But most new stuff is smellier crap than the worst disco.

Late 70′s blends into the 80′s.

cozmo on October 21, 2012 at 10:38 PM

I was Christened Lutheran by one side..
Baptized Greek Orthodox on the other.

I am just all screwed up. :)

I won’t be sharing my
Evangelical view…
not with a 10 foot web pole.

bazil9 on October 21, 2012 at 10:38 PM

and me not having any pie-
I’m depressed now. ;)

bazil9 on October 21, 2012 at 10:32 PM

Its apple if that helps any. P.S. I liked your list from that earlier thread. ; )

Bmore on October 21, 2012 at 10:39 PM

Are you not feeling well? A cold, or the flu?

thatsafactjack on October 21, 2012 at 10:36 PM

I’m fighting a cold, thanks for asking.

22044 on October 21, 2012 at 10:39 PM

Funding must have run out for the week.

gophergirl on October 21, 2012 at 10:34 PM

Not here in OH! Every other commercial on t.v and radio is an Obama one. I wish his would dry up! Romney needs to step up his game here.

wolverinefan on October 21, 2012 at 10:39 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on October 21, 2012 at 10:32 PM

Glad to hear that! It would be surprising if he WEREN’T focused on the girlfriend at this point in his life- LOL.

Night Owl on October 21, 2012 at 10:39 PM

For Jackie.

KCB on October 21, 2012 at 10:39 PM

C’mon over, I have the A/C cranked and I’m smoking like a chimney…

OmahaConservative on October 21, 2012 at 10:37 PM

Thanks! I think…:)

22044 on October 21, 2012 at 10:40 PM

It’ Sunday..
Obama will make up for it after his failure on tomorrow’s debate…
He has already booked it..

Electrongod on October 21, 2012 at 10:37 PM

I saw my first Obama commercial in a month yesterday. I’ve seen a ton of the American Future Fund pro Romney ads though.

Our local ads are the worst. The DCCC one against Chip Craavack is nauseating.

gophergirl on October 21, 2012 at 10:40 PM

I hope you’ll excuse my ignorance-considering my religious background-but what is ‘decision theology’?

annoyinglittletwerp on October 21, 2012 at 10:12 PM

Deciding to accept Christ as your Savior instead of letting the Holy Spirit do his work through baptismal water and the Word. Being ‘born again’ is another example…

OmahaConservative on October 21, 2012 at 10:17 PM

Would modify your statement as shown above. Faith also comes by hearing the Word. Otherwise, your explanation throughout the thread is spot-on. The primary issue with decision theology is that it relies upon human work for salvation; i.e, a person must make the decision to come to faith when scripture clearly states that faith is a gift of God.

AZfederalist on October 21, 2012 at 10:40 PM

Cool here, highs in the mid to upper 70′s lows mid 40′s.

Bmore on October 21, 2012 at 10:15 PM

Sounds like NE Arizona. Although we have predictions for several days in the mid 60′s and low 30′s for the end of the upcoming week. One day down to 30.

chemman on October 21, 2012 at 10:41 PM

I was Christened Lutheran by one side..
Baptized Greek Orthodox on the other.

I am just all screwed up. :)

I won’t be sharing my
Evangelical view…
not with a 10 foot web pole.

bazil9 on October 21, 2012 at 10:38 PM

Lutherans don’t do christenings, we do Trinitarian Baptisms…
It is a Sacrament…

OmahaConservative on October 21, 2012 at 10:41 PM

22044 on October 21, 2012 at 10:39 PM

I’m sorry to hear that, but glad you’re putting up a fight! I hope you’re recovery is swift and that you feel better very soon. :)

thatsafactjack on October 21, 2012 at 10:41 PM

This is kinda scary

Lanceman on October 21, 2012 at 10:41 PM

I can not understand how any rational person can vote for Barack Obama…I just can not.

Terrye on October 21, 2012 at 10:13 PM

Here’s an obtuse one, one of so many.

Schadenfreude on October 21, 2012 at 10:42 PM

Good evening Dire! Blackberry pie will never betray me. ; )

Bmore on October 21, 2012 at 10:28 PM

Betrays my waistline. ;)

I like Peach best then Blackberry.

SparkPlug on October 21, 2012 at 10:37 PM

They tie for me.
Jam too.

b9, some pie for you.

predator on October 21, 2012 at 10:38 PM

LOL…thx Pred. Good evening to you sweet pea.

bazil9 on October 21, 2012 at 10:42 PM

wolverinefan on October 21, 2012 at 10:39 PM

I would be wearing out my mute button if I was in a swing state. I can’t even stand the sound of his voice anymore.

gophergirl on October 21, 2012 at 10:43 PM

Since someone suggested 70′s & 80′s stuff…

Theeee best song from this band, evah, IMHO…I always turn it up LOUD…
(it’s also what I’ve been asking of Romney/Ryan re: this election…)

theotherone on October 21, 2012 at 10:43 PM

AZfederalist on October 21, 2012 at 10:40 PM

Yep, spot on. Thanks for adding that, fellow Luteran…

OmahaConservative on October 21, 2012 at 10:43 PM

Happy Anniversary of your 39th Birthday, Twerp!

Mitsouko on October 21, 2012 at 10:36 PM

Thanks.
hey-I just remembered-my friend(who is also mom of Spawn’s lovely girlfriend) turns 41 next month. My 41st year really sucked. I’m such a nice person, that I’m going to leave her a message on FB-pointing out how much 41 sucks.
That’s me-a little helper. What?

annoyinglittletwerp on October 21, 2012 at 10:43 PM

This is from NR the corner it’s a good read
Two new Ohio polls came out yesterday after my Ohio post, from from Gravis Marketing and PPP, both of which point to a razor-thin race in the most coveted swing state. A closer look at each poll shows just how much Romney has gained since the debates, and why he would be absolutely thrilled if these polls were accurate on Election Day.

The poll from Gravis Marketing shows Obama and Romney tied at 47 percent. But that’s as good as it gets for Obama. Among the most interesting tidbits from the poll:

Romney leads Obama by 19 percent among independents, 52–33, and holds 92 percent of his base compared to Obama’s 87 percent. Obama is underwater in job approval, 44–50, and independents disapprove of him overwhelmingly, 31–58. And the poll has a Democratic advantage of 9 percent, which is a 4 percent jump from 2008 — no one believes that Democrats can match their 2008 turnout advantage, let alone almost double it.

PPP (a Democratic firm) released their new poll yesterday showing Obama only up one point, 49 to 48. Just a week ago PPP had the race at 51–46 for Obama. But the four-point gain for Romney is even more impressive when you look at the poll’s findings:

This week’s poll has a Democrat sample advantage of 8 percent; last week’s advantage was 4. Romney gained four points on Obama in a week despite the sample’s having four percentage points more Democrats. Romney leads with independents by 7 percent, up from a 5 percent last week. Obama’s approval is underwater at 48–50, and independents disapprove of him by a 41–54 margin. Last week Obama was in positive approval ground at 50–48, and independents disapproved by a much smaller 45–50 margin. Romney’s favorability has gone from a minus-6 margin last week (45–51) to a plus-2 this week (49–47). Trust on the economy went from Obama plus-5 last week (51–46) to plus-4 in Romney’s direction this week (51–47). Independents jumped from Romney plus-5 last week to Romney plus-15 this week.

These two polls highlight what many saw in the second debate: Romney may have lost the overall debate, but he won handily on the issues of the economy, debt, and taxes. While Democrats were riding high this week after Obama narrowly won the face-off, Romney was quietly solidifying support from voters by commanding the issues that matter most. Based on these two polls, the only way Obama can win Ohio is if he finds a way to greatly surpass 2008 turnout with Democrats, which at the moment seems like an impossible task. If these polls hold, it won’t be long before the state Romney was declared dead in knocks down the last pillar of inevitability that Obama has left.

Conservative4ev on October 21, 2012 at 10:44 PM

thatsafactjack on October 21, 2012 at 10:41 PM

Thanks Jackie! :)

22044 on October 21, 2012 at 10:44 PM

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ! ! !

listens2glenn on October 21, 2012 at 10:27 PM

What is your question?

OmahaConservative on October 21, 2012 at 10:29 PM

Since when does water baptism ’cause-to-bring-to-pass’ the condition of Salvation?

Even if a person is water-baptized upon receiving the Lord, it’s still contingent upon an action of their will; ergo “decision.”
Being water baptized as an infant on the pretense that the infant is now “saved” as a result of that baptism is a folly.

When was “will” removed from the ‘salvation event’?

listens2glenn on October 21, 2012 at 10:44 PM

Oops, meant fellow Lutheran…

OmahaConservative on October 21, 2012 at 10:44 PM

theotherone on October 21, 2012 at 10:43 PM

Oh yeah, back in the day…

cozmo on October 21, 2012 at 10:44 PM

gophergirl on October 21, 2012 at 10:43 PM

We’re an hour west of the TX/NM border-and get hit with Zero ads meant for NM. *spit*

annoyinglittletwerp on October 21, 2012 at 10:45 PM

LOL…thx Pred. Good evening to you sweet pea.

bazil9 on October 21, 2012 at 10:42 PM

You’re welcome. Just don’t eat it all now. Save some for tomorrow morning with your coffee.

predator on October 21, 2012 at 10:46 PM

theotherone on October 21, 2012 at 10:43 PM

Always liked ELO.

KCB on October 21, 2012 at 10:47 PM

gophergirl on October 21, 2012 at 10:40 PM

Obama is toast…

Got to sign off..
Take care GG..

And twirp..I am sorry for dissing you..
And Dire….Page 4 on the GOPe…:)

And the rest…

Electrongod on October 21, 2012 at 10:47 PM

my b day is next month and all I want is an R&R sammich

Slade73 on October 21, 2012 at 10:47 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on October 21, 2012 at 10:32 PM

Night Owl on October 21, 2012 at 10:39 PM

She’s gorgeous, conservative, and an excellent shot.

annoyinglittletwerp on October 21, 2012 at 10:47 PM

bazil9 on October 21, 2012 at 10:38 PM

Lutherans don’t do christenings, we do Trinitarian Baptisms…
It is a Sacrament…

OmahaConservative on October 21, 2012 at 10:41 PM

Well, I have the pics..
was told it was a Christening.
My fathers side..which I did not grow up with.
My mother did it to make them happy at the time.
Sorry, wasn’t raised Lutheran or really familiar with the terminology.

bazil9 on October 21, 2012 at 10:48 PM

my b day is next month and all I want is an R&R sammich

Slade73 on October 21, 2012 at 10:47 PM

that’s gonna be my anniversary gift as well.

annoyinglittletwerp on October 21, 2012 at 10:48 PM

The “binders” line didn’t register at all among the undecided women.

Why.. did the Obama flacks ever think it would hurt Romney?

He needed qualified women to fill top positions and the womens groups themselves they contacted, gave them the binders full of resume’s…

How does Obama hire his people?

Throw darts at the Job and Family services list?.. Just call the old girlfriends of his staff?.. the yellow pages?

These clowns are so thick and out of touch,.. they think gathering from the BEST female applicants is a BAD thing?

really?

and his idiot base cheers when he rants on it?

Seriously, they truly see hiring from the best as putting shackles on women?.. or do they just believe their own base is so sheepishly stupid, they accept the nonsensical, merely because their God-King, says so?

I’m at a loss as to what Einstein among them, thought such a doltish plan was a good idea..

It’s like screaming discrimination, that the women they hire, be.. like.. actually “qualified” to hold that position. Like complaining that an actual doctor be head of surgery at a county hospital.. seems a no brainer,,, yet the Obama zombies think it’s an insult?

Obama truly is a moron..

mark81150 on October 21, 2012 at 10:48 PM

Good night EG

22044 on October 21, 2012 at 10:48 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on October 21, 2012 at 10:45 PM

I do have to say I will watch and watch and watch again his concession speech. Heck I’ll favorite it on you tube for future easy access.

Come on Mitt!

gophergirl on October 21, 2012 at 10:48 PM

Electrongod on October 21, 2012 at 10:47 PM

Good night my friend – I’m going to follow you here shortly.

gophergirl on October 21, 2012 at 10:49 PM

Touchdown Steelers!

22044 on October 21, 2012 at 10:49 PM

She’s gorgeous, conservative, and an excellent shot.

Perfect!

KCB on October 21, 2012 at 10:49 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on October 21, 2012 at 10:45 PM

When did you move?

And is Lubbock happy about the move?

cozmo on October 21, 2012 at 10:50 PM

Obama’s making this election about small things…instead of his (Biden assured) big effing stick

Slade73 on October 21, 2012 at 10:51 PM

Sorry if I missed anything…I had to put the cat out. He’s been a very bad cat.

thatsafactjack on October 21, 2012 at 10:51 PM

Well, I have the pics..
was told it was a Christening.
My fathers side..which I did not grow up with.
My mother did it to make them happy at the time.
Sorry, wasn’t raised Lutheran or really familiar with the terminology.

bazil9 on October 21, 2012 at 10:48 PM

You had a double baptism, by the Lutherans and the Orthodox. It’s all good, we accept one another’s baptisms as valid Trinitarian baptisms. One doesn’t cancel out the other…

OmahaConservative on October 21, 2012 at 10:52 PM

Bedtime. Later.

b9, save some of that pie. Ya heah?

predator on October 21, 2012 at 10:53 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on October 21, 2012 at 10:45 PM

When did you move?

And is Lubbock happy about the move?

cozmo on October 21, 2012 at 10:50 PM

Is this proof that she’s not a real Texan but a New Mexican?

SparkPlug on October 21, 2012 at 10:53 PM

When did you move?

And is Lubbock happy about the move?

cozmo on October 21, 2012 at 10:50 PM

Lubbock’s about an hour from Clovis, dumbbutt.

annoyinglittletwerp on October 21, 2012 at 10:53 PM

Some of the very best of the 70′S. RIP Brad.

KCB on October 21, 2012 at 10:53 PM

who puts a cat “out”? might as well strap it to the roof meanie

Slade73 on October 21, 2012 at 10:53 PM

I’m going to call it a night as well. Thanks for the help on the airsoft guns.

Here’s to a smackdown of epic proportions by Mitt tomorrow night. Let’s get this thing wrapped up.

gophergirl on October 21, 2012 at 10:54 PM

Conservative4ev on October 21, 2012 at 10:44 PM

So, how exactly is it that people think Obama won the debate? He got more minutes? He was more petulant? He won the moderator’s support? Doesn’t the fact that Romney solidified support for his positions on the topics stated and gained support vs. Obama’s positions kind of point to him winning?

This is like a football team claiming a win because they had more rushing yards and better throwing form than the challengers. Just because the challengers scored more points doesn’t mean they won.

The fact is that Obama was declared the winner is because the MSM, the media arm of the democrat party had declared that he must win and had already declared him the winner before the debate took place.

AZfederalist on October 21, 2012 at 10:54 PM

who puts a cat “out”? might as well strap it to the roof meanie

Slade73 on October 21, 2012 at 10:53 PM

Maybe if the cat contacted AP’s cat.

‘Night gg!

22044 on October 21, 2012 at 10:55 PM

Lubbock’s about an hour from Clovis, dumbbutt.

annoyinglittletwerp on October 21, 2012 at 10:53 PM

Yes dear, I am a dumbbell. What does that make you? Other than directionally challenged?

What was the deal with John Waite?

cozmo on October 21, 2012 at 10:55 PM

Electrongod on October 21, 2012

…check out the new heat pumps that are just coming out that use the outside air (not geothermal)… that can be used to 30 degrees below. I got one that was good to 36 degrees in Michigan 3 years ago, and last winter they suggested to lower it to 25 degrees. I use interruptible rates (4 cents kwh versus 14 cents kwh) and it has shut off for one or two minutes maybe twice in three years. From September to May I have saved thousands in propane costs. In the winter heating a house just under 2500 square feet…it was getting to 800-1000 bucks per month in the cold months…and the other months the heat pump has saved me…it was 5 or 6 grand and paid for itself in two years…plus it air conditions my house in the summer,at half the cost my neighbors run their regular air conditioners for.

KOOLAID2 on October 21, 2012 at 10:55 PM

AZfederalist on October 21, 2012 at 10:40 PM

Yep, spot on. Thanks for adding that, fellow Lutheran…

OmahaConservative on October 21, 2012 at 10:43 PM

An individual person still must make a decision to “ingest” (read or hear) The Word.

The Heavenly Father isn’t picking and choosing whom to give faith to, or whom not.

listens2glenn on October 21, 2012 at 10:55 PM

This is still a political sight right?

Conservative4ev on October 21, 2012 at 10:37 PM

Predominately…but QotD devolves quickly into everything else the site is.

Schadenfreude on October 21, 2012 at 10:55 PM

Good night GG!

KCB on October 21, 2012 at 10:56 PM

Slade73 on October 21, 2012 at 10:53 PM

Oh, he’ll survive. Its 80 degrees here, now. He’s in a screen room.
He was pretty disrespectful, scratching on the furniture, you know the kind of thing.

Don’t worry, nothing will touch him. I’m thinking of having him neutered.

thatsafactjack on October 21, 2012 at 10:56 PM

who puts a cat “out”? might as well strap it to the roof meanie

Slade73 on October 21, 2012 at 10:53 PM

Fred Flinstone…

OmahaConservative on October 21, 2012 at 10:56 PM

KCB on October 21, 2012 at 10:53 PM

Those first two albums…really good stuff.

cozmo on October 21, 2012 at 10:56 PM

Touchdown Steelers!

22044 on October 21, 2012 at 10:49 PM

Yay!

Night Owl on October 21, 2012 at 10:57 PM

people say Obama won the debate on “style”

If I could win on style, I’d be Muhammad freakin’ Ali

Slade73 on October 21, 2012 at 10:57 PM

I’ll be popping in and out.. We have to reseat a toilet, and I know plumbing, but can’t do the lifting.. my sis in law’s boyfriend has volunteered for that.. but has never plumbed a sink, let alone a bathroom fixture, so I have to guide his every step.

could be worse..