Quotes of the day

posted at 8:31 pm on October 21, 2012 by Allahpundit

“I don’t crow about bad polls, I don’t crow about good polls. I just want trends,” said Ron Kaufman, a top Romney adviser. “And the bottom line is the trends are kind of good for us. That’s all that matters at this point. There’s a long way to go.”

“It’s been an enjoyable journey,” he added. “I think we’re having more fun right now than they are.“

***

Obama won [Ohio] in 2008 largely because of a healthy lead among independents and a highly enthusiastic base’s turning out votes. Right now Romney is leading big with independents, has a more enthusiastic base, and is drawing crowds in Ohio that rival Obama’s. While he is down 2.5 points in the polls, the average poll is assuming 2008 turnout which is unlikely to repeat itself this year. Adding the fact that early voting is trending more Republican than in 2008, there is a lot of reason for optimism that this race is much closer than the current polls suggest. Not bad for a candidate who was declared dead in the state just a few weeks ago.

***

Among Keystone State voters in our poll who say the economy and job creation is the most important issue that will influence their vote, voters prefer Romney over Obama by a 54% to 40% margin. This is clear evidence Romney is winning the jobs argument. Voters in Western Pa, who tend to be blue collar, working class Democrats, care about jobs and resent the President’s war on coal. In the Pittsburgh market, Romney is on track to run up huge margins. In the vote-rich Southeast collar counties around Philadelphia, Romney is neck-and-neck with Obama because these more affluent, better educated suburban voters identify with Mitt Romney and a lot of what he stands for. They know he’s not an extremist, know he cares about kids and women, saved the Olympics and wants deficits under control…

This is why our statewide polling was the first to show Romney with an improved image in the Commonwealth after the first debate – 48% now view him favorably, a huge reversal from pre-debate polling. And this is a clear indication even in a “blue” state like Pennsylvania voters are smart enough to know that having a leader in the White House who understands job creation is more important than having the letter “R” or “D” posted outside the Oval office door.

***

The psychology of the race has shifted, a prospect that advisers to Mr. Obama had long fought. They sought to define Mr. Romney as an unacceptable choice, hoping to keep enough voters who supported Mr. Obama in 2008 from seeing Mr. Romney as a plausible alternative…

Here in Florida, the largest competitive state with 29 electoral votes, supporters of Mr. Romney say they have noticed a drastic change since the Oct. 3 debate in Denver, where his strong performance came as he stepped up his advertising in Florida.

“For a long time, the Republican rationale was ‘I just want Obama to lose,’ ” said Brian Ballard, a co-chairman of the Romney campaign in the state. “He opened people’s eyes at the debate. It moved the needle for the pro-Romney vote, not just that we can’t have four more years of the same.”

***

[Obama supporters] at the George Mason University event described various means used to cope with political panic, whether prompted by a poor debate performance or a particularly gnawing poll…

“I felt like I was going to cry [after the debate],” said Nancy Aboulmouna, of Arlington. “I have not yet. Not yet. I just wanted to. I talked to my parents and friends. But then I found out that some of them were Romney supporters and it got worse from there.”

Faced with a campaign narrative not to their liking, some Obama supporters simply tuned out. Johana Posada, 25, of Arlington, said she stopped paying attention to the polls when they began to go south for Obama after that first debate.

***

The Republicans are now the ones offering ideas of progress or reform, while the Democrats fiercely fight to protect the established order of entitlements, tax hikes, and obeisance to unions, greens, and feminists. Even when Obama and Biden have been highly caffeinated, they have not stated their plans and goals for a second term. They are too busy painting a socialist-realist mural of Romney and Ryan as maniacal reactionaries. They are too preoccupied with protecting subsidies for Big Bird, Planned Parenthood, and windmills.

Four years ago, President Obama and Vice President Biden were bursting with plans. Obama said he would cut the deficit, middle-class taxes, and health care premiums, while also creating a new entitlement to health insurance. He said he’d revamp America’s energy, education, and immigration policies for the 21st century. He delivered a speech in the early months of his term saying he’d put America on a “new foundation.” His 2011 State of the Union address was devoted to “winning the future.”

But all of these big dreams have crashed against the granite wall of reality. The deficit is up, the price of fuel and health care premiums has increased, incomes are down, and tax increases loom. Obama is exhausted. His political capital is spent. The boldest proposal he’s put forward recently is hiring another 100,000 teachers. That doesn’t even rise to the level of small-ball. It’s mini-golf.

***

Flash-forward to 2012 and all we’ve seen from the man who promised us hope, change, and a new kind of politics is a nakedly cynical divide and conquer crusade that’s only gotten worse in its closing days. While Romney focuses his closing argument on the future, his agenda, and the realities of governing, our president is literally going all in on Big Bird, contraception, Binder-gate, “Romnesia,” and aids flanking him at rallies holding signs that read: “Women’s Health Security.”

This smallness and naked desperation is not only apparent, it’s familiar. I don’t mean to pick at an old scab, but in the closing days of the ’08 campaign, we saw the same kind of behavior from John McCain. He knew he was losing and in a desperate bid to gain traction, his message became erratic (suspending the campaign) and small (Joe the Plumber).

Probably with good reason, Barack Obama is also not acting like a winner. So bad is his behavior, in fact, that he’s given Romney a massive opening to declare Obama’s behavior “unpresidential.” Wasn’t it just a few weeks ago that Romney was beaten senseless for his lack of substance? The secret’s out: Obama has no second-term agenda.

***

Sure, the Republicans still insist on bringing up trivial, peripheral distractions like Benghazi, Obamacare, multi-trillion-dollar debt, unsustainable entitlements, permanent long-term unemployment, and the looming January 1 “fiscal cliff.” But Democrats know that, if Romney gets his way, there’ll be nothing at the bottom of the fiscal cliff to break your fall except binders. In RomneyWorld, when the mullahs drop the big Iranian nuke, there’ll be nothing crawling out from the irradiated rubble except cockroaches and binders — or some hideous mutation of the two: bindroaches, vile creatures prowling the land on three pairs of jointed rings ready to snap shut on your daughters’ ankles as they attempt to access the last Planned Parenthood clinic in America…

Some years ago, the then–French defense minister, Jean-Pierre Chevènement, complained that the Americans were committed to “the organized cretinization of our people.” I’ve never accepted the thesis, but I have to say that, in the final weeks of his reelection campaign, the first man in history to spend $6 trillion and leave no trace is doing a magnificent job of cretinizing his own base. In the binders of history, this one will be worth its own tab.

***

Eileen touched her friend’s arm. “Most women I know, whether they’re for Obama or Romney, they feel the same thing,” she said. “[Abortion is] a distraction. That whole Gloria Steinem thing is old.”…

Romney’s “binders full of women” line, an awkward phrasing that inspired reams of mockery on the Internet, wasn’t changing any minds among the women I spoke to. Democratic partisans saw it as more evidence Romney was out of touch; Republican partisans saw it as of a piece with his business background. “Anyone who’s ever been a professional, ever, knows that’s how you get resumes: in a binder,”43-year-old Republican stay-at-home mother Michele Moss said, rolling her eyes. Only someone who’d never been in the business world — like Obama — would fail to understand that.

The “binders” line didn’t register at all among the undecided women.

Via Gallup.

***

Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.) delivered a withering assault on President Barack Obama on Sunday, asserting that the president hasn’t laid out a concrete agenda for a second term and is instead making up catch phrases like “Romnesia.”

“That fires up his base, people who are going to vote for him anyway,” Rubio said on ABC’s “This Week.” “But for the rest of Americans who are trying to make up their mind who to vote for, what they’re wondering is, ‘Well, that’s very cute Mr. President, but what are you going to do for the future?’”

***

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 9

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

H A P P Y

B I R T H D A Y,

Y O U

A N N O Y I N G

L I T T L E

T W E R P !

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

hillbillyjim on October 21, 2012 at 8:58 PM

THIS :)

Electrongod on October 21, 2012 at 9:00 PM

YES THIS …. ALT hope it was a good one ….

conservative tarheel on October 21, 2012 at 9:02 PM

Yes, Happy Birthday, young lady.

And, I remember when she was a Jindalian!

massrighty on October 21, 2012 at 9:00 PM

My political candidates are like my religious choices and west Texas weather-they change regularly. *grin*

annoyinglittletwerp on October 21, 2012 at 9:02 PM

Today is also Bibi Netanyahu’s 63rd birthday.

annoyinglittletwerp on October 21, 2012 at 8:59 PM

You share a birthday with a great man.

predator on October 21, 2012 at 9:02 PM

Lanceman on October 21, 2012 at 8:55 PM

And, I keep telling you that he is our ChewToy of the Month.

Resist We Much on October 21, 2012 at 9:02 PM

So you think he is MadCon, Eggleston or Althouse.

RickB on October 21, 2012 at 9:01 PM

No. Prolly one of the Facebook HotAir people. Sock puppet. I have an idea. But I won’t say. Because I could be wrong.

Lanceman on October 21, 2012 at 9:03 PM

I had a gas powered AK-47 airsoft one.

wargamer6 on October 21, 2012 at 9:02 PM

Can you reuse the BB’s or are they a one time shot?

My nephew wants them for birthday/Christmas and I know nothing about them. I don’t want to give them and not have enough ammo.

gophergirl on October 21, 2012 at 9:03 PM

OT – does anybody know or own airsoft guns?

gophergirl on October 21, 2012 at 9:00 PM

I was shot with one..

It hurt…BAD!

Electrongod on October 21, 2012 at 9:03 PM

Congratulations, nice job. I floated the “Romney would have to be better than Obama on the economy” but they weren’t buying it. I wish I had more time to turn them but I only had this weekend, so I went for negating their vote. They’re fervently anti-war so I went the Green Party route with them after talking about Obama’s drones and Guantanamo. ;)

Fallon on October 21, 2012 at 8:57 PM

Thanks, I used the economy to convince him. He is El Cheapo and I finally wore him down. He buys everything at thrift shops, even gifts…

OmahaConservative on October 21, 2012 at 9:03 PM

gophergirl on October 21, 2012 at 9:03 PM

I wouldn’t. While they’re plastic, they do take a beating. IIRC, you can get big jugs of them for quite cheap.

wargamer6 on October 21, 2012 at 9:04 PM

You know these lightweights cannot keep me in line.

cozmo on October 21, 2012 at 8:40 PM

It was my night to watch you, but you were on a roll.

hawkdriver on October 21, 2012 at 9:04 PM

Wow. Romney said he’d donate his Presidential salary if elected.

wargamer6 on October 21, 2012 at 9:01 PM

I can hear the left already.

“Well, he should, as much money as he made shipping jobs overseas at Bain Capital.”

You know it will happen.

predator on October 21, 2012 at 9:04 PM

In case you peeps missed the Romneys relaxing prior to Hopey getting
his bow blown off by Mittens torpedos in the last debate!!
===========================================================

October 21, 2012, 3:08 PM
Romney attends senior staff, press corps flag football game
************************************************************

Image:

Mitt Romney arrives for the beginning of a flag football game between reporters that cover Romney, and Romney staff on Sunday, Oct. 21, 2012 in Delray Beach, Fla. Romney took a short break from debate preparations to do the coin toss, and watch the first play of the game. / AP Photo/ Evan Vucci
(More……)
=============

canopfor on October 21, 2012 at 9:04 PM

And, I keep telling you that he is our ChewToy of the Month.

Resist We Much on October 21, 2012 at 9:02 PM

But he’s playing you!

Look how agitated I can make CW over in the other thread.

Lanceman on October 21, 2012 at 9:04 PM

wargamer6 on October 21, 2012 at 9:04 PM

Thanks! That helps A LOT!

gophergirl on October 21, 2012 at 9:04 PM

I’m feeling better and better! I’ll be early voting later this week. Our brilliant city of over 40,000 has decided that four polling locations are sufficient for election day. I waited in line for over two hours to vote in June on some state issues.

TXMomof3 on October 21, 2012 at 9:05 PM

Happy birthday, Twerp!

Resist We Much on October 21, 2012 at 9:05 PM

Every black I know is strangely quiet save one – a ‘teacher’ from Philly.

One guy who proudly wore his obama -”I got this” t-shirt quit wearing it about 2 years ago.

Lanceman on October 21, 2012 at 8:49 PM

I spent the week driving most of Broward. 2 Obama signs. Hundreds of Romneys.
This is Deep Blue Broward Co.

katy the mean old lady on October 21, 2012 at 9:05 PM

But he’s playing you!

Look how agitated I can make CW over in the other thread.

Lanceman on October 21, 2012 at 9:04 PM

And, I am playing him back.

I’m not CW.

Resist We Much on October 21, 2012 at 9:06 PM

OT – does anybody know or own airsoft guns?

gophergirl on October 21, 2012 at 9:00 PM

Way over priced for what you get.

Though, they work well to familiarize yourself with your real fire arm. Safer to practice the mechanics and you don’t have to go to the range.

cozmo on October 21, 2012 at 9:06 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on October 21, 2012 at 9:02 PM

Indeed, but I only remember this because we were the only Jindalians here, it seemed.

massrighty on October 21, 2012 at 9:06 PM

TXMomof3 on October 21, 2012 at 9:05 PM

Yikes – I would vote early too.

I think I’m taking the day off so I can vote, make election night snacks and run around with my Romney shirt on.

gophergirl on October 21, 2012 at 9:06 PM

Happy birthday ALT. May you celebrate many more in our great state.

jazzuscounty on October 21, 2012 at 9:06 PM

TXMomof3 on October 21, 2012 at 9:05 PM

Are you still living amongst all those Lutheran Norwegians?

OmahaConservative on October 21, 2012 at 9:07 PM

I spent the week driving most of Broward. 2 Obama signs. Hundreds of Romneys.
This is Deep Blue Broward Co.

katy the mean old lady on October 21, 2012 at 9:05 PM

Yep. Nothing in Daytona or Melbourne either.

Lanceman on October 21, 2012 at 9:07 PM

Happy birthday, annoyingone!!

katy the mean old lady on October 21, 2012 at 9:07 PM

Between the Debates and FootBall I’m getting worn out – Silverado will have to wait till Tuesday – may the Force be with Mitt on Monday Night … I’m Praying too … Mitt the Hammer will pound it Home … Gotta ..

wheels on October 21, 2012 at 9:07 PM

I spent the week driving most of Broward. 2 Obama signs. Hundreds of Romneys.
This is Deep Blue Broward Co.

katy the mean old lady on October 21, 2012 at 9:05 PM

I was just in Seattle..well North of it..
And there were some of those 6 foot Romney/Ryan signs….

But I never did see an Obama sign…

I found that strange…

Electrongod on October 21, 2012 at 9:07 PM

I am seeing 10 RR signs to one Obama Signs ……
and I am in a deep blue NENC ….

conservative tarheel on October 21, 2012 at 9:07 PM

And, I am playing him back.

I’m not CW.

Resist We Much on October 21, 2012 at 9:06 PM

I give up.

He knows Romney’s gonna win!

Lanceman on October 21, 2012 at 9:08 PM

Happy birthday, Ms. Twerp. Enjoy!

Philly on October 21, 2012 at 9:08 PM

Way over priced for what you get.

cozmo on October 21, 2012 at 9:06 PM

Thanks – they are for my nephew and he’ll probably be done with them in 6 months/a year. He wants them because they “really look like a real gun”.

Who am I to say no to that!

gophergirl on October 21, 2012 at 9:08 PM

Happy Birthday ALT :)

22044 on October 21, 2012 at 9:09 PM

Happy B day ALT :)

cmsinaz on October 21, 2012 at 9:09 PM

Are you still living amongst all those Lutheran Norwegians?

OmahaConservative on October 21, 2012 at 9:07 PM

Yep. North Dakota.

TXMomof3 on October 21, 2012 at 9:09 PM

Happy birthday ALT. May you celebrate many more in our great state.

jazzuscounty on October 21, 2012 at 9:06 PM

Our anniversary is next week. I’ve asked for a belated ‘gift’ from the husband. It should be delivered on November 6.

annoyinglittletwerp on October 21, 2012 at 9:09 PM

OT – does anybody know or own airsoft guns?

gophergirl on October 21, 2012 at 9:00 PM

gophergirl:

As a kid,I had a Daisey Winchester style BB gun,
that held a whole lot of BB’s!

The airsoft gun thingy,that fires plastic BB’s,my
sons had them,years ago!!:)

canopfor on October 21, 2012 at 9:10 PM

canopfor on October 21, 2012 at 9:10 PM

Thanks – did they have the electric ones?

gophergirl on October 21, 2012 at 9:10 PM

cautiously optimistic

*snoopy dance on standby*

trivial- benghazi
outrage- binders

priorities

cmsinaz on October 21, 2012 at 9:11 PM

Villagers,I don’t endorse politicians.Not my thing.However, Obama is the light & the future.Keep going towards the light. Put America first.

Russell Crowe (@russellcrowe) October 21, 2012

Resist We Much on October 21, 2012 at 9:11 PM

OT – does anybody know or own airsoft guns?

gophergirl on October 21, 2012 at 9:00 PM

Son says spring-powered airsoft guns generally shoot slower than battery or CO2 powered ones.

Fallon on October 21, 2012 at 9:12 PM

We’re voting tomorrow. It’ll be the first time that I’ve ever voted straight ticket.

annoyinglittletwerp on October 21, 2012 at 9:12 PM

As a kid,I had a Daisey Winchester style BB gun,
that held a whole lot of BB’s!

canopfor on October 21, 2012 at 9:10 PM

I had onna them.

Remember the M19 ‘Annihilator’?

That fully automatic BB gun that used ‘convenient 1lb cans of freon’?

Like when R-12 was 89 cents a can?

Lanceman on October 21, 2012 at 9:12 PM

I can smell it drifting over St.Marys River,from Soo Michigan
right on up to my kitchen window!haha:)

canopfor on October 21, 2012 at 9:00 PM

Sweet…

… isn’t it?

And Happy Birthday ALT…!

*clinky!*

Seven Percent Solution on October 21, 2012 at 9:12 PM

Who am I to say no to that!

gophergirl on October 21, 2012 at 9:08 PM

Better to get them and teach them. They will either grow tired of them, or find something other than video games to keep them busy.

cozmo on October 21, 2012 at 9:13 PM

cmsinaz on October 21, 2012 at 9:11 PM

Just keep praying, darlin’

OmahaConservative on October 21, 2012 at 9:13 PM

Fallon on October 21, 2012 at 9:12 PM

Thanks! That helps a ton!

gophergirl on October 21, 2012 at 9:13 PM

gophergirl on October 21, 2012 at 9:00 PM

Son says, under 16 years old should probably have spring-powered.

Fallon on October 21, 2012 at 9:13 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on October 21, 2012 at 9:12 PM

I will be voting on voting day and I will be voting for a ‘rat congressman.

Lanceman on October 21, 2012 at 9:13 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on October 21, 2012 at 9:09 PM

Yes, and may all our wishes come true soon.

jazzuscounty on October 21, 2012 at 9:13 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on October 21, 2012 at 8:52 PM

Your Majesty……

KCB on October 21, 2012 at 9:14 PM

We will be voting on Wednesday …. straight ticket …. mostly cuz the sheriff
(A Dem) runs next year ….

conservative tarheel on October 21, 2012 at 9:14 PM

He knows Romney’s gonna win!

Lanceman on October 21, 2012 at 9:08 PM

Like he knew Scott Walker would be recalled?

Like he knewTom Barrett would become governor?

Like he knew KlopOnKlopOffenberg would beat Prosser?

Resist We Much on October 21, 2012 at 9:14 PM

Resist We Much on October 21, 2012 at 9:11 PM

That thread on Twitchy was hilarious.

gophergirl on October 21, 2012 at 9:14 PM

As a kid,I had a Daisey Winchester style BB gun,
that held a whole lot of BB’s!

canopfor on October 21, 2012 at 9:10 PM

Wow, I remember shooting old lady Brazda’s window out with mine…

OmahaConservative on October 21, 2012 at 9:14 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on October 21, 2012 at 9:12 PM

Me too, on both counts.

I finally decided sending a message was more important than keeping the best sheriff Dallas has had in quite a while.

cozmo on October 21, 2012 at 9:15 PM

I spent the week driving most of Broward. 2 Obama signs. Hundreds of Romneys.
This is Deep Blue Broward Co.

katy the mean old lady on October 21, 2012 at 9:05 PM

Are you kidding. Isn’t Broward Co., FL, the home of the chad-challenged? The very deepest of blue, if I recall. Don’t know why you were driving it, just hope you were well-armed on the trip.

This is some very interesting news, a bellwether perhaps for the rest of the country.

TXUS on October 21, 2012 at 9:15 PM

Son says, under 16 years old should probably have spring-powered.

Fallon on October 21, 2012 at 9:13 PM

Thanks again and thanks to your son.

gophergirl on October 21, 2012 at 9:16 PM

Oops…….DESPERATION OverLoadOverDrive………..

Andrew Kaczynski ‏@BuzzFeedAndrew

Obama campaign denies report from former SF Mayor Willie Brown it had conference call with Jeremiah Wright. http://www.buzzfeed.com/andrewkaczynski/obama-campaign-denies-report-it-had-conference-cal

======================

Andrew Kaczynski ‏@BuzzFeedAndrew

Former SF Mayor Willie Brown says last week Obama had a conference call that included Jeremiah Wright. http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/williesworld/article/Obama-makes-late-push-for-black-voters-3967608.php#ixzz29xWaqjsM

Obama makes late push for black voters
Willie Brown
Updated 6:56 p.m., Saturday, October 20, 2012
************************************************

canopfor on October 21, 2012 at 9:16 PM

never had a BB gun … Dad got me a .22 rifle and a 410 shotgun ….
told me guns are not toys and should not be treated like one …
he was a Army Ranger in WWII ….

conservative tarheel on October 21, 2012 at 9:17 PM

Sleep tight little barry.

After the debate you might want to start on that “pardon list” we all know is comming.

You might want mooch to start stuffing her purses full of whitehouse silverware too.

Tim_CA on October 21, 2012 at 9:17 PM

a PA win would be so sweet…msnbc would have to shut down live programing and go to reruns…it would be way too ugly to watch

but i’ll settle for OH, VA, FL, NC, CO, and WI, NV just for kicks.

actually, i’ll settle for anything more than 270

r keller on October 21, 2012 at 9:17 PM

Open carry law goes into effect Nov. 1st in Oklahoma. :)

thatsafactjack on October 21, 2012 at 9:17 PM

We will be voting on Wednesday …. straight ticket …. mostly cuz the sheriff
(A Dem) runs next year ….

conservative tarheel on October 21, 2012 at 9:14 PM

What county?

massrighty on October 21, 2012 at 9:18 PM

Resist We Much on October 21, 2012 at 9:14 PM

Forget it. Go ahead and get worked up.

TXUS on October 21, 2012 at 9:15 PM

No, that’s Plam Beach County.

Lanceman on October 21, 2012 at 9:18 PM

cozmo on October 21, 2012 at 9:15 PM

Our city councilman switched from D to R. He will be reelected in a walk.
Lubbock is THAT conservative.

annoyinglittletwerp on October 21, 2012 at 9:18 PM

Wow, I remember shooting old lady Brazda’s window out with mine…

OmahaConservative on October 21, 2012 at 9:14 PM

I think we all had a Lady Brazda in our neighborhoods..

Electrongod on October 21, 2012 at 9:18 PM

OmahaConservative on October 21, 2012 at 9:13 PM

always

HE is good

cmsinaz on October 21, 2012 at 9:19 PM

Got my son a Ruger 10/22 for his twelfth Birthday. Never regretted it.

KCB on October 21, 2012 at 9:19 PM

r keller on October 21, 2012 at 9:17 PM

I am working on election night .. will start on fox … and if it goes like I hope
will switch to MSNBC to watch the melt down ….

conservative tarheel on October 21, 2012 at 9:19 PM

Btw:Today is my 42 birthday. bow before the Queen.

annoyinglittletwerp on October 21, 2012 at 8:52 PM

**deep bow**
Happy Birthday
I hope you like half off coupons :O

burrata on October 21, 2012 at 9:20 PM

TXUS on October 21, 2012 at 9:15 PM

On bidness.Yup, I think Palm Beach Co. had more chads, but we were contenders. Had one cataract removed, so I can actually see the signs.A very pretty sight.

katy the mean old lady on October 21, 2012 at 9:20 PM

Try dis again…speaking of DESPERATION…..

Andrew Kaczynski ‏@BuzzFeedAndrew

Obama makes late push for black voters
Willie Brown
Updated 6:56 p.m., Saturday, October 20, 2012
*********************************************

canopfor on October 21, 2012 at 9:20 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on October 21, 2012 at 9:18 PM

Our sheriff won’t do that.

I would like to see her lose because of her affiliation, but I will miss her if she does.

cozmo on October 21, 2012 at 9:21 PM

What county?

massrighty on October 21, 2012 at 9:18 PM

pasquotank

conservative tarheel on October 21, 2012 at 9:21 PM

Russell Crowe (@russellcrowe) October 21, 2012

Is Russell Crowe an American citizen? And if he isn’t, who gives a flame about his endorsement?

I’ll never be able to watch “Gladiator” and “Master and Commander” again.
grr.

predator on October 21, 2012 at 9:21 PM

Winners look like winners.

Losers look like losers.

cmsinaz on October 21, 2012 at 9:22 PM

will switch to MSNBC to watch the melt down ….

conservative tarheel on October 21, 2012 at 9:19 PM

DITTO

that’s the plan…fox then onto cnn/msdnc

cmsinaz on October 21, 2012 at 9:22 PM

I’ll never be able to watch “Gladiator” and “Master and Commander” again.
grr.

predator on October 21, 2012 at 9:21 PM

Pre-meltdown.

That is how I reconcile my Springsteen CD’s. Its a good thing they last longer than 8-tracks.

cozmo on October 21, 2012 at 9:23 PM

predator on October 21, 2012 at 9:21 PM

One of my favorite movies. *sigh*

annoyinglittletwerp on October 21, 2012 at 9:23 PM

pasquotank

conservative tarheel on October 21, 2012 at 9:21 PM

I’m related to a former sheriff in your fine state. That’s why I asked.

massrighty on October 21, 2012 at 9:24 PM

INVISIBLE!

annoyinglittletwerp on October 21, 2012 at 8:36 PM

annoyinglittletwerp:

*************HAPPY BIRTHDAY ALT **********************:)

canopfor on October 21, 2012 at 9:25 PM

predator on October 21, 2012 at 9:21 PM

One of my favorite movies. *sigh*

annoyinglittletwerp on October 21, 2012 at 9:23 PM

agreed … love both of em …. sigh

conservative tarheel on October 21, 2012 at 9:25 PM

Lanceman on October 21, 2012 at 9:18 PM

Again, you have me confused. I don’t get “worked up” over RuPoll. He’s my chew toy.

Will you walk into my parlour?” said the Spider to the Fly,
‘Tis the prettiest little parlour that ever you did spy;
The way into my parlour is up a winding stair,
And I’ve a many curious things to shew when you are there….

Resist We Much on October 21, 2012 at 9:26 PM

Btw:Today is my 42 birthday. bow before the Queen.

annoyinglittletwerp on October 21, 2012 at 8:52 PM

I will leave the bowing to 0. He’s a pro at it. I will however say something to you 0 never will.

Happy 42nd Birthday alt !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bmore on October 21, 2012 at 9:26 PM

I’m related to a former sheriff in your fine state. That’s why I asked.

massrighty on October 21, 2012 at 9:24 PM

understand …. our sheriff Randy Cartwright is a good man and a outstanding Sheriff …. he is a Dem … cuz most folks around here are Dems ….

conservative tarheel on October 21, 2012 at 9:27 PM

cmsinaz on October 21, 2012 at 9:22 PM

DVRing MSLSD. In case I’m having too much fun with HA community to fully appreciate the meltdown. A good entrepenuer would be thinking about an election night DVD box set of LIB heads exploding….Just in time for Christmas!

KCB on October 21, 2012 at 9:27 PM

“Washington is broken. My whole campaign has been premised from the start on the idea that we have to fundamentally change how Washington works.”

“What we have done is kicked this can down the road. We are now at the end of the road and are not in a position to kick it any further. We have to signal seriousness in this by making sure some of the hard decisions are made under my watch, not someone else’s.”

“I fought with you in the Senate for comprehensive immigration reform. And I will make it a top priority in my first year as President.”

“It’s here that companies like Solyndra are leading the way toward a brighter and more prosperous future.”

“I favor legalizing same-sex marriages, and would fight efforts to prohibit such marriages.”

“I think that health care, over time, is going to become more popular.”

“Guantanamo will be closed no later than one year from now.”

“Ronald Reagan changed the trajectory of America in a way that Richard Nixon did not, and a way that Bill Clinton did not.”

“If I don’t have this done in three years, then there’s going to be a one-term proposition.”

“I think that I’m a better speechwriter than my speechwriters. I know more about policies on any particular issue than my policy directors. And I’ll tell you right now that I’m gonna think I’m a better political director than my political director.”

Guess who

Speakup on October 21, 2012 at 9:28 PM

OT – does anybody know or own airsoft guns?

gophergirl on October 21, 2012 at 9:00 PM

Young Federalist has one. What are you interested in knowing?

AZfederalist on October 21, 2012 at 9:28 PM

Btw:Today is my 42 birthday. bow before the Queen.

annoyinglittletwerp on October 21, 2012 at 8:52 PM

….H A P P Y
B I R T H D A Y
A L T…!!!!!!!!

I just hit my “Alt” key 42 times to give you a HotAir birthday spanking!

KOOLAID2 on October 21, 2012 at 9:28 PM

KCB on October 21, 2012 at 9:27 PM

I would buy a set .. as long as they include the debates ….

conservative tarheel on October 21, 2012 at 9:29 PM

I just hit my “Alt” key 42 times to give you a HotAir birthday spanking!

KOOLAID2 on October 21, 2012 at 9:28 PM

LoL!!

annoyinglittletwerp on October 21, 2012 at 9:29 PM

H A P P Y

B I R T H D A Y,

Y O U

A N N O Y I N G

L I T T L E

T W E R P !

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

hillbillyjim on October 21, 2012 at 8:58 PM

hillbillyjim:Veddy Nice:)

canopfor on October 21, 2012 at 9:29 PM

wow, talk about a bandwagon…romney has hundreds of senior mil on his military advisory board

barry doesn’t care, tho, he doesn’t listen to the guys he has.

r keller on October 21, 2012 at 9:29 PM

I just hit my “Alt” key 42 times to give you a HotAir birthday spanking!

KOOLAID2 on October 21, 2012 at 9:28 PM

Very good.

Why didn’t I think of that.

cozmo on October 21, 2012 at 9:30 PM

KCB on October 21, 2012 at 9:27 PM

excellent idea RONCO presents….but wait there is more, you’ll see the departure of obama and michelle

cmsinaz on October 21, 2012 at 9:30 PM

Young Federalist has one. What are you interested in knowing?

AZfederalist on October 21, 2012 at 9:28 PM

How old is the Young Federalist? Does he have a spring, electric or gas?

gophergirl on October 21, 2012 at 9:31 PM

Seven Percent Solution on October 21, 2012 at 8:38 PM

Technically, napalm is gasoline.

Lanceman on October 21, 2012 at 8:40 PM

No sh%t…?

Seven Percent Solution on October 21, 2012 at 9:31 PM

Some years ago, the then–French defense minister, Jean-Pierre Chevènement, complained that the Americans were committed to “the organized cretinizatyion of our people.”

Snail eaters shouldn’t throw stones

entagor on October 21, 2012 at 9:31 PM

I will however say something to you 0 never will.

Happy 42nd Birthday alt !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bmore on October 21, 2012 at 9:26 PM

Unless Twip is getting married…

Then its…
Donate your wedding gifts to Me…

Electrongod on October 21, 2012 at 9:31 PM

Very good.

Why didn’t I think of that.

cozmo on October 21, 2012 at 9:30 PM

You’re not as creative as he is?

annoyinglittletwerp on October 21, 2012 at 9:31 PM