Obama in Virginia: Be extra careful not to catch “Romnesia,” guys

posted at 4:01 pm on October 19, 2012 by Erika Johnsen

With less than three weeks to go, there’s a new meme in town — leastaways, a new name for the Democrats’ criticism that Mitt Romney ranges from the most radically conservative candidate evah to flip-flopper of the century — that Obama tried out on the campaign trail in Northern Virginia today. Meet “Romnesia,” via BuzzFeed:

But now that we’re 18 days out from the election, Mr. “Severely Conservative” wants you to think he was “severely kidding” about everything he’s said over the last year. He told folks he was “the ideal candidate” for the Tea Party, now suddenly he’s saying, “what, who, me?” He’s forgetting what his own positions are, and he’s betting that you will too.

I mean he’s changing up so much – backtracking and sidestepping. We’ve gotta name this condition that he’s going through.. I think it’s called “Romnesia.” That’s what it’s called. I think that’s what he’s going through.

Now, I’m not a medical doctor but I do want to go over some of the symptoms with you because I want to make sure nobody else catches it. …

…I’ll try my darndest to resist the cleverness of it all and actually think about this for a moment. The “symptoms” of “Romnesia” that President Obama goes on to list include Romney’s ostensible policy switches on protecting equal pay for equal work, which Romney just so obviously abhors; allowing employers to “deny,” a.k.a. just not pay for, contraception; on a woman’s right to choose; on Team Obama’s fabricated version of Romney’s plan to provide “tax cuts for rich folks” while taxing the hell out of the middle class, or something; and on decrying but then supporting the coal industry (which is rich coming from coal’s public enemy number one!).

Whatever these “Romnesia” symptoms are, I find it kind of odd that President Obama really wants to talk a little talkity-talk about flip-flops, broken promises, and shortcomings — does Team Obama realize the sort of all-too-easy attacks they’re inviting on his own miserable record? A “one term proposition” if the economy isn’t fixed, not to mention that we were told unemployment would be somewhere around 5 percent by now; knowing that the recent attacks in Benghazi were terrorism and blathering on about a video for weeks anyways; calling President Bush’s debt increases “unpatriotic” and then adding more than $5 trillion of your own making to the debt? No, no shame, nothing?

This from the man who said that, if you don’t have a record to run on, “you make a big election about small things.” I can’t believe they’re actually running with this.

The Twitters is going to have some fun with this one.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

201

Bmore on October 19, 2012 at 7:47 PM

Ah Lilly Ledbetter, the ability to sue your employer for something that happened 30+ years ago when all of the managers involved are long gone and cannot testify. Obama’s got binders full of trial lawyers.

Seriously, has there ever been a president so snide, snarky, caustic and sarcastic? I am so tired of his sneering and negativity. If you have a message, then great, sell it. I may not agree with it, but if you have anything, try to sell it to the american people and explain why you deserve another term. He has nothing, nada, zip.

cep on October 19, 2012 at 8:08 PM

There’s a name for the condition this country has been suffering from over the last 4 years as well….it’s called Barack Obama.

xblade on October 19, 2012 at 8:23 PM

cep on October 19, 2012 at 8:08 PM

He owns the press.

We are in worse shape than the USSR with the press. At least there all the people knew the press was worthless. Here most believe it to one extent or another.

He rewrote a generic 9/11/01 support statement into saying 9/11/12 was a terrorist action most Americans either believe the lie or have no idea what it is about. But almost all have forgotten the week of lies thereafter.

Steveangell on October 19, 2012 at 8:25 PM

xblade on October 19, 2012 at 8:23 PM

Steveangell on October 19, 2012 at 8:29 PM

Alinsky #5…….thanks for the reminder.

And they’ll come up with another one soon because they can’t let the ridicule become a “drag” for their supporters.

Lets play a new game…….”Ridicule Obama”. Lets show him we can play too.

Okay here’s the first try……….his term!…….BWWWWWAAAAHHHAAAA

PappyD61 on October 19, 2012 at 8:31 PM

Obombast spends a lot of time spouting his swill to college-age kids, doesn’t he?

Isn’t it a fact that women employees in the Dem offices and in the WH are paid less than the men…for the same work?

Is this jerk going to ride his two-trick pony of Lily Ledbetter and “I got Bin Laden” off into the sunset? He’s about as original as Milton Berle.

onlineanalyst on October 19, 2012 at 8:59 PM

I wish I could have amnesia about the past 4 years, with this doofus in charge

ToddonCapeCod on October 19, 2012 at 9:04 PM

Sounds like Obama is still at the Al Smith dinner trying to make up for his lousy monologue.

Still leading from behind. So, typical.

DevilsPrinciple on October 19, 2012 at 4:13 PM

Did you notice in listening to outtakes of the event that Obombast laughs at his own “jokes” as if he is the cleverest fellow out there?

onlineanalyst on October 19, 2012 at 9:06 PM

“Brought to you by the letter “O”, and 16 Trillion dollars…” – Team Romney

Seven Percent Solution on October 19, 2012 at 4:26 PM

There Obysmal is in that photo, once more putting his overly familiar paw on the person that he is talking to. That gesture gripes me no end because it is so studied and so intrusive.

onlineanalyst on October 19, 2012 at 9:19 PM

…how stupid are these people that attend these events JugEars bullsh!ts at?

KOOLAID2 on October 19, 2012 at 9:21 PM

“You need to get a thermometer, take your temperature, ’cause you’ve probably got Romnesia.”

And if you got it real bad you should call a paralegal…uhhh, ummmm… uhhh…. paramedic.

dukecitygirl on October 19, 2012 at 9:26 PM

“Romnesia” … heh, not bad and a pretty spot on description of Willard’s flip-flopping! :)

HondaV65 on October 19, 2012 at 9:33 PM

Slam! Romnesia. BIGFOOTING romneyooooo:( O is disrespecting on Romney. Romneysia and the binder are crushing the GOP! I never seen the dems so strong , hairy. and Manly. The binder and Romneyisa are the secret weapons that will destroy ROMNEVIL

I was thinking a sex scandle or an illegal business dealing….but not.. no it’s the Binder and Romneysia…..THe dems are such losers this year. THey were the worst grass roots organizers EVER. No ideas or memorable ads. You dems sucked at this election. there’s no way around it. You dems true believers are the nerds of this year. Dem operatives are the laughingstock of the nation, Obama could have won with a better team. Remember that,

BoxHead1 on October 19, 2012 at 9:39 PM

HondaV65 on October 19, 2012 at 9:33 PM

Shove off, Obamatroll.

MelonCollie on October 19, 2012 at 9:45 PM

Hey, you POS, I’d rather have Romnesia than Soeteroitis.

“how stupid are these people that attend these events JugEars bullsh!ts at?”

Clinically brain dead. They just won’t lay down and shut up long enough to get buried.

sablegsd on October 19, 2012 at 9:47 PM

But now that we’re 18 days out from the election, Mr. “Severely Socialist” wants you to think he was “severely kidding” about everything he’s said over the last four years. He told folks he was “the Messiah” for the Islamic Democrat Jihad And Golf Party, now suddenly he’s saying, “what, who, me?” He’s forgetting what his own positions are, and he’s betting that you will too.

I mean he’s changing up so much – wandering aimlessly, apologizing. We’ve gotta name this condition that he’s going through.. I think it’s called “Obambulation.” That’s what it’s called. I think that’s what he’s going through.

Kenosha Kid on October 19, 2012 at 11:30 PM

The best part about the Romnesia thing is that you just know that this will spark Mittens’ team to try to counter it with their own meme and it will be lame as hell. Obola perhaps?

Typhonsentra on October 20, 2012 at 3:06 AM

What happened to the water-walking Obama of 2008 who railed against the politics of personal destruction? Remember his “just words” comments from four years ago? Well, it did turn out to be “just words” and faux Greek columns with this charlatan. But charlatans will always be with us, it is the “press” that makes them possible. The American “press” has abdicated their responsibility to a free people. They are nothing but a propaganda mouthpiece for authoritarian leftists. Getting rid of them will be difficult but bypassing them on major issues along with a steady dose of satire and ridicule from a Romney administration, just might to the trick.

SpiderMike on October 20, 2012 at 8:49 AM

HondaV65 on October 19, 2012 at 9:33 PM

Is Bamnesia what was wrong with Barry for forgetting to protect ambassadors in world hotspots.

hawkdriver on October 20, 2012 at 10:04 AM

Casting Couch

Sad when you have to run on how bad things could be.

However, in that vein, the Republicans should respond to the Ledbetter/binders flap with a visit to how President Clinton selected females for friendship or employment.

BTW, I had a far left, anti war superior who bragged to me about his casting couch to the point that he lost track of his successes and was shocked to find that even some guys would go along. I sat there in shock and then thanked God that I never suffered an experience like that or the jail term for retaliation.

IlikedAUH2O on October 21, 2012 at 11:08 AM

Better Romnesia, than Obamarrhea

deedtrader on October 21, 2012 at 11:12 AM

I hear Obamaphiles may have to register with their local police and prohibited from living near schools.

Nutstuyu on October 21, 2012 at 8:38 PM

Using Barack’s middle name is out of bounds but he can twist Romney’s name into pretzels without a blip on the radar by the MSM.

chemman on October 19, 2012 at 4:08 PM

Hussein Hussein Hussein Hussein Hussein Hussein Hussein.

Nutstuyu on October 21, 2012 at 8:42 PM

Romnesia + binders = desperation.

Galtian on October 22, 2012 at 9:16 AM

xblade on October 19, 2012 at 8:23 PM

Steveangell on October 19, 2012 at 8:29 PM

Actually, as a highly qualified Internet Doctor™®©7euro;, I diagnose the country with a bad case of barackary obamosis, also known as Hussein’s Syndrome, in which a malignant body called an obama forms and lodges in the center of the governmental region, causing blockage of the economy and cognitive problems with intelligence.

The first line of treatment for barackary obamosis is a high-dose injection of representative democracy. If that fails, excision of the malignant body may prove necessary.

Mary in LA on October 22, 2012 at 5:55 PM