New Romney ad on bipartisanship: “We need to have leadership in Washington that will bring people together”

posted at 6:41 pm on October 19, 2012 by Erika Johnsen

If there are any common issues upon which the low-information, swing-able, independent-to-moderate voters can likely agree, I’d reckon that “too much partisanship and gridlock” is one of them. Congress is pretty deeply unpopular, and after their recent low-output performance, it makes sense that a message about bipartisanship, working together, and getting things done would resonate with a lot of people. In that light, I think this is probably a pretty smart ad:

It’s positive, it’s encouraging, and it points out one of President Obama’s most glaring failures: As much as Obama likes to hem and haw about how Republicans are blocking his agenda items just to be spiteful, he’s the president of the United States, for goodness’ sake. People want to see some leadership, and that excuse only gets you so far for so long. You can accuse the GOP of being unyielding as much as you want, but in our democracy it takes two to tango, and everybody knows it.

In the past couple of presidential debates, I thought Mitt Romney skillfully navigated a few tricky areas by reverting to a “I worked with the other side and we passed legislation on a bipartisan basis during my Massachusetts governorship” line. As Dick Morris pointed out, people seemed to respond positively to the idea — and it highlights yet another of President “If you’re looking for just a bunch of partisan rhetoric, I’m probably not your guy” Obama’s promises gone awry.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Romney will get things done the way Eisenhower got things done: effectively and quietly…

RedSoxNation on October 19, 2012 at 6:45 PM

Obama has that smug grin on his face when Romney is talking about how Americans are hurting. I just can’t stand it. Glad they put it into an ad.

29Victor on October 19, 2012 at 6:45 PM

No, what we need is for the liberals to go away. Working with Pelosi and Reid is just stupid. THEY ARE THE PROBLEM NOT THE SOLUTION!

Flange on October 19, 2012 at 6:45 PM

Women parts…!

Seven Percent Solution on October 19, 2012 at 6:46 PM

Obama’s idea of bipartisanship is that the GOP bends over and does exactly as he wants.

goflyers on October 19, 2012 at 6:47 PM

Obama’s time is up.

bluegill on October 19, 2012 at 6:47 PM

So chances are Mitt is not going to put his feet up on the table and say “I won” in the first meeting of leadership?

I think Mitt is going to surprise a lot of people.

gophergirl on October 19, 2012 at 6:47 PM

The only problem I have with this is I’m afraid Romney might actually mean it. Bipartisanship and compromising on more and more Big Government programs and spending that cannot be easily undone is what got us into this mess.

On the other hand, if Romney wins and the GOP doesn’t take the Senate it could help peel away a Dem Senator or two when needed.

farsighted on October 19, 2012 at 6:50 PM

Flange on October 19, 2012 at 6:45 PM

Indeed. And Mitt understands this very well. He’s trying to get elected. He explained it very clearly in the 47% video. This is an ad for the stupid “undecideds”. They love this crap. And it will work.

happytobehere on October 19, 2012 at 6:52 PM

Maybe they should intersperse Biden’s atrocious behavior from the VP debates to cement the idea that Obama and Biden are just not the people who can work across the aisle.

PackerBronco on October 19, 2012 at 6:52 PM

That is Mitt’s greatest ad to date. Run the remaining time on the clock and every last dollar ON THAT AD!

nitzsche on October 19, 2012 at 6:53 PM

I think Mitt is going to surprise a lot of people.

gophergirl on October 19, 2012 at 6:47 PM

It’s a first important step towards fixing the mess that 40+ years of liberalism have brought us to.

Be nice to have someone clued in for a change, yes.

kim roy on October 19, 2012 at 6:53 PM

I’d love to be a
fly on the wall
when Pres Mitt meets with Reid.

bazil9 on October 19, 2012 at 6:54 PM

This kind of ad works best in the last few days, which is when I suspect they’ll launch it on air in the tight states. A very good ad, not just in what it says, but it shows Obama’s smugness at the same time, a reminder of why he can’t play well with others.

TXUS on October 19, 2012 at 6:55 PM

PackerBronco on October 19, 2012 at 6:52 PM

Good Point. The gift known as Crazy Uncle Joe needs to be exploited.

CW on October 19, 2012 at 6:55 PM

The only problem I have with this is I’m afraid Romney might actually mean it.

farsighted on October 19, 2012 at 6:50 PM

Watch the 47% video again. He explained this election strategy. This is right out of the playbook. Romney does mean that he’ll need some dem votes to pass certain things, sure. And the dems that want to get reelected will fall in line with the conservatives.

happytobehere on October 19, 2012 at 6:55 PM

29Victor on October 19, 2012 at 6:45 PM

Obama assumes that anyone and everyone who is rich and Republican cannot possibly care about “how Americans are hurting” and that all the smart and kool kids knows this. That’s what the smug grin is all about. It’s his way of saying Romney is lying.

farsighted on October 19, 2012 at 6:56 PM

Well Romney mentioned during the debate that he got bipartisan support in Massachusetts for the Assault Weapons Ban, and he reached across the aisle to Ted Kennedy to garner support for Romneycare as well.

Senator Kennedy, together we pitched the secretary, on our vision to insure all our citizens. And on the need for federal support, to make the vision real. His work in Washington, and behind the scenes on Beacon Hill, was absolutely essential.”

It is now my pleasure to introduce my collaborator and friend Senator Edward Kennedy. – Mitt Romney

It really does looks like Romney can bring people from both sides together if his history is anything to go by.

sharrukin on October 19, 2012 at 6:56 PM

The way Obama looks on the split-screen shot is what makes this ad.

It’s not just the smirk — his whole body language screams acknowledgement of guilt/failure.

Great spot — especially as Romney is trying to expand into what used to be “leans Obama” territory like Pennsylvania and Michigan.

ClintACK on October 19, 2012 at 6:57 PM

After their Messiah is annihilated, Dems in the Senate up for their next election will be eager to work with Mitt, wanting to be able to show how they came to the middle ground to solve issues. However, I do prefer GOP just take the Senate :).

And the passion Mitt shows in that ad is what we need, all while Johnny Goofball smirks over in his sandpit…

hillsoftx on October 19, 2012 at 6:58 PM

Romney is 100% sincere here and it shows. That is why this ad is watchable… over and over… and over.

Just imagine the people that this guy is going to FIRE when he is in charge.

nitzsche on October 19, 2012 at 6:58 PM

If Romney wins and the GOP take the Senate, bipartisanship will happen. There are plenty of moderate Democrat senators out there like Ron Wyden and Joe Manchin who are ready to work with the GOP once they are free of Pelosi/Reid. They know the future of their party depends on it.

breffnian on October 19, 2012 at 6:59 PM

hillsoftx on October 19, 2012 at 6:58 PM

I betcha a budget gets passed before Valentines Day.

gophergirl on October 19, 2012 at 6:59 PM

Well..Obama has a big stick.
BiteMe said so..

Electrongod on October 19, 2012 at 7:02 PM

and while he has stated repeatedly he worked with a Leg. that was 87% Dem. as a GOP governor, I think he should also add he was voted into an office in a state where Dems outnumber Repubs 3-1…again, bring the evidence fwd to show your bi-part. stripes

hillsoftx on October 19, 2012 at 7:03 PM

I love the Romney ads that say “There’s a Clear Choice.”

GW_SS-Delta on October 19, 2012 at 7:04 PM

I think Mitt is going to surprise a lot of people.

gophergirl on October 19, 2012 at 6:47 PM

I think Mitt will surprise people, too.

This is a man who works. He isn’t a celebrity hound, and he has values. I doubt we’ll be seeing our money used for lavish vacations and parties. He won’t bring anyone on board who is not committed either. The presidency will be elevated to a very high standard, and it will be refreshing.

Did you see this? Our new President and First Lady (and I do mean lady).

Cody1991 on October 19, 2012 at 7:04 PM

If Romney could govern effectively in Massachusetts, I have faith he can wrangle a few idiots in DC. There is a certain amount of compromise that is required, like it or not. We do have certain lines in the sand that he will have to draw and defend.

TXMomof3 on October 19, 2012 at 7:06 PM

I know why we say this tripe, but it doesn’t make it any less TRIPE.

I don’t want “bi-partisanship.” I don’t want to get along with Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi, I want to CRUSH them!

Did FDR or LBJ worry about being bi-partisan? Did Obama…compromise and getting the Opposition to agree to parts of your plan(s) is just the natural result of Politics in a Democracy…it IS NOT AN END IN AND OF ITSELF.

We didn’t compromise with the Confederates and FDR didn’t worry about Senator Taft when crafting the New Deal.

JFKY on October 19, 2012 at 7:06 PM

hillsoftx- “However, I do prefer GOP just take the Senate :).”

The NRSC is still accepting donations. As are several good candidates in really close races. Just a reminder. See: Rasmussen

ClintACK on October 19, 2012 at 7:07 PM

Did you see this? Our new President and First Lady (and I do mean lady).

Cody1991 on October 19, 2012 at 7:04 PM

LOVE! That dress is just stunning. Lady is right.

That picture looks like they could be going to the inaugural ball.

gophergirl on October 19, 2012 at 7:07 PM

You are all mostly on the right track. THIS is the kind of AD you run when you know you HAVE won! Me likey.

jimfreedom on October 19, 2012 at 7:07 PM

JFKY-

Why would you think he’s going to work with Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi? He’s going to work with the dozen-or-so centrist Senators required to keep his agenda from getting filibustered.

That’s a good thing.

A President Romney who screams about obstructionist Democrats in the senate is nothing compared to a President Romney who signs law after law on issue after issue, each of which gets us maybe 80% of what we wanted.

ClintACK on October 19, 2012 at 7:11 PM

Did you see this? Our new President and First Lady (and I do mean lady).

Cody1991 on October 19, 2012 at 7:04 PM

She has a regal bearing and CLASS. That’s something we’ve been lacking. She carries herself with grace.

TXMomof3 on October 19, 2012 at 7:11 PM

Did you see this? Our new President and First Lady (and I do mean lady).

Cody1991 on October 19, 2012 at 7:04 PM

What they wear around the house..:)

Electrongod on October 19, 2012 at 7:12 PM

farsighted on October 19, 2012 at 6:50 PM

I totally agree.
Not a problem for me as long as it’s a campaign commercial and the Dems come to our side. On the other hand, if he thinks it would be a great idea to make bi-partisan ship the highest calling of his administration, we’re screwed and he’s a one term President.

The Democrats do not care at all about co-operation. They care about power. They will use compromise and bipartisanship against him by any means possible.

JellyToast on October 19, 2012 at 7:12 PM

The run to the middle is on & it’s a trap. If you feed the flip flopper meme, you give the opposition the opening to talk about something other than the Epic Failure’s of the Obama Regime. Get back on the Offensive by asking, REPEATEDLY, “How did Obama know Candy Cowley’s notes/debate prep, better then she did? How did Candy, just happen to have a “Transcript” of an obscure speech, Obama planned to use, to Lie to the American People and have a Gotcha Opportunity, on Romney, in front of 65Million people?
Update on:How to take on the Obama enemy media & Win: http://paratisiusa.blogspot.com/2012/09/an-open-letter-to-those-who-should-know.html?spref=tw

God Bless America!

paratisi on October 19, 2012 at 7:14 PM

ClintACK on October 19, 2012 at 7:11 PM

My current view on it.

bazil9 on October 19, 2012 at 7:15 PM

That’s a very good ad. Mitt trumps Obama on working with others. Another trump card is competence. Those two most definitely appeal to the undecideds.

I had an online friend who I was very much in simpatico with in 2004 politically. We thought the same way. Then he told me he was voting for Kerry. Why, I asked. Competence, he said. Articles he’d read in the Economist convinced him that Bush wasn’t competent. Surely Obama isn’t competent, and he sure doesn’t work well with others.

Paul-Cincy on October 19, 2012 at 7:15 PM

The geek’s entire look infuriates me, that teenage “Yeah yeah, whatever” thing he has going on with his smirky face and slouchy body, makes a guy want to grab him by the scruff and tell him to get busy doing whatever chores I can dream up.

Bishop on October 19, 2012 at 7:16 PM

That picture looks like they could be going to the inaugural ball.

gophergirl on October 19, 2012 at 7:07 PM

Exactly!:)) Can’t wait.

Btw, gg, thanks for that link. I’ve been following Jackson’s tweets, but I really like the pics.

Also, there’s a picture of Dennis Miller with Romney. I know he’s been on the campaign trail with Mitt, and after Mitt’s performance at the Al Smith fundraiser I feel certain that Miller wrote that speech and perhaps coached Mitt. It was excellent. Lot’s of fun.

Cody1991 on October 19, 2012 at 7:17 PM

ClintACK on October 19, 2012 at 7:11 PM

Yeah the RESULTS of politics, not the GOAL of politics…the goal is to achieve your ends, it is NOT to compromise with your opponent(s).

So advertising about bipartisanship as a GOAL is just so much TRIPE to me….

Sure there will be compromise (and Honda and Pumice will scream “Sell-out” and “I told you so”), but I don’t have to sell the Public some Happy Horse Sh!te that that is the goal of the Administration, when it’s obvious that Harry Reid and Pelosi don’t give a rat’s @rse about Republicans or their ideas or goals, when they have the power.

JFKY on October 19, 2012 at 7:19 PM

JFKY on October 19, 2012 at 7:06 PM

This. The left’s version of “bi-partisanship” is doing what they want. No thanks. I’m hoping that Mitt will try to engage the few who are at least center-left and try to win them over while telling the rest to go pound sand.

predator on October 19, 2012 at 7:19 PM

Did you see this? Our new President and First Lady (and I do mean lady).

Cody1991 on October 19, 2012 at 7:04 PM

Wow. She looks hot…can I say that? Man oh man.

I suppose when you choose clothing that doesn’t resemble a tablecloth or your neighbor’s curtains you’re going to look good, but still, Ann Rombo has it going on.

Bishop on October 19, 2012 at 7:20 PM

What they wear around the house..:)

Electrongod on October 19, 2012 at 7:12 PM

That was a great opener. Every zinger Mitt threw out there made a point…. even with the humor it was brutal.

Loved it.

Cody1991 on October 19, 2012 at 7:20 PM

Tru dat predator

Tax increases with No spending cuts….
Its the dems only way for compro

cmsinaz on October 19, 2012 at 7:22 PM

Bishop on October 19, 2012 at 7:20 PM

Michelle has sure had some humdingers. Makes you wonder if she is so mean that someone can’t take her aside and whisper in her ear that she looks like crap.

TXMomof3 on October 19, 2012 at 7:23 PM

Question..
I know someone has an answer.
What D’s are in the senate..likely to stay
that are “center” and possible to work with?
Besides Manch?

bazil9 on October 19, 2012 at 7:24 PM

OT: I just sent another $10 to Romney campaign by texting Give to 37377.

Paul-Cincy on October 19, 2012 at 7:24 PM

Loved it.

Cody1991 on October 19, 2012 at 7:20 PM

Watched it eating my lunch today.
Loved it..I didnt know Mitt
had such a good sense of humor-
a fave trait of mine.

bazil9 on October 19, 2012 at 7:27 PM

It’s an ad for seniors and women who traditionally vote Democratic.

If Obama barks, we hit him w the debt deal he poisoned at the last hour, Simpson Bowles that he walked away from, and ramming Obamacare, the stimulus and Dodd-Frank up our rear end on party-line votes.

There is no good counter for Obama. Expect a lot of cross-over push from Romney over the next 18 days.

matthew8787 on October 19, 2012 at 7:32 PM

“Pander, pander, pander”.

“Rabble, rabble, rabble”.

KMC1 on October 19, 2012 at 7:32 PM

Question..
I know someone has an answer.
What D’s are in the senate..likely to stay
that are “center” and possible to work with?
Besides Manch?

bazil9 on October 19, 2012 at 7:24 PM

Landrieu (sp?) from Louisiana for one. She had a pretty close call her last run, if I remember correctly, and she is in Jindahl country, which is also oil country (I worked there). If she wants to protect her seat, she may see the writing on the wall and go along.

predator on October 19, 2012 at 7:32 PM

We need leadership that brings conservative policies to the American people in such a way that the public forces the Democrats to either self destruct and be voted out of power or vote for the conservative policies. Reagan and Newt come to mind on these things.

astonerii on October 19, 2012 at 7:33 PM

Cody1991 on October 19, 2012 at 7:17 PM

You are very welcome. The pictures are my favorite too.

Speaking of pictures – is there a rally tonight? I thought I read that somewhere today.

gophergirl on October 19, 2012 at 7:33 PM

Wow. She looks hot…can I say that? Man oh man.

Ann Rombo has it going on.

Bishop on October 19, 2012 at 7:20 PM

Absolutely!

She is a lovely woman – smart, too. From what I’ve read she was keen on having Ryan on the ticket, and along with one of the sons she persuaded the team to alter their approach, i.e. go on the offensive and show the personal side of Mitt.

Yeah, she has it going on.

Cody1991 on October 19, 2012 at 7:33 PM

TXMomof3 on October 19, 2012 at 7:23 PM

I think it’s the hip-hop crap that the PBHO’s dabble in which leads Mooch to her fashion choices, trying to be hip yet not completely destroy the decorum of their official positions. I could never see Ann Romney wearing those painted-on jeans that Moochy once got caught in, looking like an overstuffed sausage:

Bishop on October 19, 2012 at 7:34 PM

ClintACK on October 19, 2012 at 7:11 PM

All this talk about compromising and getting more and more laws passed is a bit worrisome. It’s like people think the whole goal of government is to pass more and more laws. If Congress isn’t passing laws people think the government is broke. It’s not the quantity it’s the quality of the law. There are too many laws regulating almost every aspect of our lives now and people want more regulation. We need our representatives spending less time in Washington and passing fewer laws and making sure that the laws they do pass are comprehensible and necessary.

This is why I was reluctant to vote for Romney in the primary. I don’t trust him not to sell conservatives down the river once he’s elected. It’s all about bi-partisanship and he will make whatever concessions are necessary so that he can be seen as Mr. Bi-partisan. I’m reluctantly voting for him and his need to make democrats happy isn’t instilling me with confidence. The democrat agenda is to increase government control over the citizens and increase their power, how do you compromise with that? Why do republicans always fall for the dems bi-partisanship ploy? Notice that news organizations tend to accuse only one party of causing grid-lock and obstructing progress?

Ibanez Lotus on October 19, 2012 at 7:34 PM

Several Ds in the senate are up in 2014 and are terrified: Landrieu of Lousiana, Pryor in Arkansas, Coons in Delaware, Bennett in Colorado, Begich in Alaska, female senator from NC – so invisible I forgot her name

matthew8787 on October 19, 2012 at 7:36 PM

You are very welcome. The pictures are my favorite too.

gophergirl on October 19, 2012 at 7:33 PM

Yes at Daytonna — Harley weekend. Ryan was enroute from Tampa.

CoffeeLover on October 19, 2012 at 7:36 PM

Yes at Daytonna — Harley weekend. Ryan was enroute from Tampa.

CoffeeLover on October 19, 2012 at 7:36 PM

OOOH fun!

gophergirl on October 19, 2012 at 7:38 PM

Ibanez Lotus on October 19, 2012 at 7:34 PM

Don’t worry about it. This is a ptch-perfect ad directed at late deciders. It is a closing ad. It is a winning ad.

Ted Torgerson on October 19, 2012 at 7:38 PM

This is obviously a web ad as it has a button at the end. If it is a web ad, who sees these? Obviously, we see them here on Hot Air, but we’re voting for Romney anyway. How do the undecideds and weak Obama supporters see these? Also, is the same ad also appearing on television in battleground states?

I’m just curious how these ads work. I’m in California and we get nothing except an occasional Obama ad.

mpthompson on October 19, 2012 at 7:39 PM

predator on October 19, 2012 at 7:32 PM

Thx for answering me Pred.
Yeah..the bag o trash might-

I guess I need to review the Senate
..my brain is fried..names weren’t
popping into my head.
Seems we lost blue dogs..
far left invaded.

bazil9 on October 19, 2012 at 7:39 PM

Ibanez: the bottom line is that Romney will want to be re-elected in 2016. He will be very careful given he could face a fatal primary challenge on the right. Romney is not going to support legislation that does not lead to strong economic growth.

matthew8787 on October 19, 2012 at 7:39 PM

Ibanez Lotus on October 19, 2012 at 7:34 PM

Lots of votes voting out old laws and regulations is good though. Would not mind a busy congress, so long as it was busy getting the federal level of government out of the way.

Of course, we know they would never do that. This is why Newt was wrung through the ethics charges and fined regardless of the fact that he did nothing wrong, legally or even ethically.

astonerii on October 19, 2012 at 7:41 PM

Hagan is the idiot Dem from NC who has no business being in the senate.

matthew8787 on October 19, 2012 at 7:41 PM

Forgot to say — incredible *TIMING* as well.

Yesterday, we get headlines about the Fiscal Cliff, and President Obama trying to look tough and posture for the voters by drawing a line in the sand: My tax cuts, or we go careening off the fiscal cliff. The conversation is about how partisanship in Washington is endangering our economy, again. And today Romney comes out with this ad. It’s *brilliant*. President Obama is taking a “strong” position to try to demonstrate what he thinks leadership looks like. Romney is reminding us that he has the real thing.

Predator- Look at his record. In Massachusetts, with 87% democrats in the legislature, he balanced the budget without raising taxes. And it was a hard fight to hold the line on taxes.

He gets it.

ClintACK on October 19, 2012 at 7:41 PM

Victory Rally w/ Mitt, Paul & the GOP Team, Daytona

Begins 8:00PM EDT

Daytona Beach Bandshell
Boardwalk
Daytona Beach, FL 32118
GET DIRECTIONS

starts at 8pm
Don’t see Cspan airing it or Foxnews live. :(

CoffeeLover on October 19, 2012 at 7:41 PM

matthew8787 on October 19, 2012 at 7:36 PM

Thank you Matthew.

bazil9 on October 19, 2012 at 7:42 PM

President George W. Bush too had visions of being bipartisan. Recall the ads about how he accompished that in Texas?

Then he ran into the likes of Dingy Harry, Princess Nana, and the morons in the CBC. It didn’t last long and I suspect it won’t last long for a President Romney.

slickwillie2001 on October 19, 2012 at 7:43 PM

CoffeeLover on October 19, 2012 at 7:41 PM

50 mins from me..but I aint going no where near it..crazy enough without Ryan there.:)
And I have no hawg.

You here in Flor duh?

bazil9 on October 19, 2012 at 7:43 PM

gophergirl on October 19, 2012 at 7:33 PM

Haven’t found the schedule on the Romney website or elsewhere. Seems as though much of the weekend would be devoted to debate prep.

Cody1991 on October 19, 2012 at 7:44 PM

TxMomof3, Gigi, and other ladies here on HG: As a man, I want you to know what a pleasure it is to be in the company of REAL ladies. I cannot tell you how I feel about the prospect of having Ann Romney as our first lady.

I am so overcome with emotion and respect, my knees are buckling.

The grown-ups running the government again! Whew!

The War Planner on October 19, 2012 at 7:46 PM

And I have no hawg.

You here in Flor duh?

bazil9 on October 19, 2012 at 7:43 PM

I am way too far away for Daytonna but I agree it does look like a lot of fun. Had a salesguy that used to work for me go every year and his stories were great.

I hear you. I don’t have the hawg either LOL. John Rich is performing.

CoffeeLover on October 19, 2012 at 7:46 PM

Seems we lost blue dogs..
far left invaded.

bazil9 on October 19, 2012 at 7:39 PM

Blue dogs are on the endangered species list.

They need to evolve into Red Dogs. They are on the rise.

predator on October 19, 2012 at 7:46 PM

The War Planner on October 19, 2012 at 7:46 PM

Ahhh you are making me blush.

gophergirl on October 19, 2012 at 7:47 PM

The grown-ups running the government again! Whew!

The War Planner on October 19, 2012 at 7:46 PM

I am still praying for that The War Planner. Won’t it be nice!

CoffeeLover on October 19, 2012 at 7:48 PM

Brilliant ad, perfectly timed. Not that I agree with the content. I want the new Republican president to wage total remorseless war on the Left and rout them from very nook of power they hold. But this is what people want to hear at exactly this moment in a race like this. It shows confidence and presidential character.

rrpjr on October 19, 2012 at 7:49 PM

Also looking forward to the Fox Special at 10pm Death and Deception in Benghazi.

CoffeeLover on October 19, 2012 at 7:50 PM

He gets it.

ClintACK on October 19, 2012 at 7:41 PM

Not arguing with you, buddy. But the national game is different and Harry is a bastige.

I’m not interested in compromise based on capitulation. Maybe he will. Maybe he won’t. I’ll vote for him then sit back and see what happens. But as JFKY said, if compromise means moving towards the left rather than bringing them to the right then I’m not on board.

predator on October 19, 2012 at 7:52 PM

The grown-ups running the government again! Whew!

The War Planner on October 19, 2012 at 7:46 PM

It will be a relief, won’t it?! Gee, after the last few years it will be wonderful to feel that the country is in safe hands.

Cody1991 on October 19, 2012 at 7:52 PM

Bishop on October 19, 2012 at 7:34 PM

..it’s called grace and bearing and it is a byproduct of good upbringing. It is not necessarily because of race (think Condu Rice) nor is it a condition brought upon by an absence of money. (I refer you to the stories of Mitt and Ann in their early years living in an apartment when he went to BYU. She said their living room carpet was comprised of floor samples.)

Having a president and first lady that I can look up to once again is — as I stated previously — an almost moving experience.

The War Planner on October 19, 2012 at 7:53 PM

Bishop on October 19, 2012 at 7:34 PM

Man, I missed this getup somehome. Not saying I would wear it, but I’m not representing my country. Classy, she ain’t!

The War Planner on October 19, 2012 at 7:46 PM

Thank you.

TXMomof3 on October 19, 2012 at 7:54 PM

astonerii on October 19, 2012 at 7:41 PM

Good point about voting out old laws and regs. I agree, though, that it won’t happen. It’s just that I’ve been hearing this meme a lot lately from news organizations about obstructionists in Congress and it’s a trap that republicans have fallen for before. It’s a dem strategy to pull republicans towards the left.

Ibanez Lotus on October 19, 2012 at 7:54 PM

Somehow!

TXMomof3 on October 19, 2012 at 7:54 PM

Ahhh you are making me blush.

gophergirl on October 19, 2012 at 7:47 PM

..well, you deserve it!

:-D

The War Planner on October 19, 2012 at 7:54 PM

bazil9 on October 19, 2012 at 7:43 PM

I hear you. I don’t have the hawg either LOL. John Rich is performing.

CoffeeLover on October 19, 2012 at 7:46 PM

I have been..when younger and wilder. Is a crazy blast.

bazil9 on October 19, 2012 at 7:58 PM

I have been..when younger and wilder. Is a crazy blast.

bazil9 on October 19, 2012 at 7:58 PM

I always got the Nascar event for Romney, I can’t help but wonder if Paul Ryan pushed for this event :)

CoffeeLover on October 19, 2012 at 8:00 PM

I have been..when younger and wilder. Is a crazy blast.

bazil9 on October 19, 2012 at 7:58 PM

I was there in ’77. I don’t remember hardly anything about it, but I’m sure I had a good time.

predator on October 19, 2012 at 8:01 PM

predator on October 19, 2012 at 7:52 PM

Dittoz Pred.
I will sit and observe.
We will see.

bazil9 on October 19, 2012 at 8:01 PM

predator on October 19, 2012 at 8:01 PM

aaah youth :)

CoffeeLover on October 19, 2012 at 8:02 PM

The War Planner on October 19, 2012 at 7:53 PM

I just need one that understands the public image of the office is important. TFGRP is only one step removed from the choom-smoking jerk he was as a younger man, and Mooch always looks as if she hates the world.

Bishop on October 19, 2012 at 8:03 PM

aaah youth :)

CoffeeLover on October 19, 2012 at 8:02 PM

Yep. I think it was Alice Cooper who said, “I know I had a good time in the 70s, I just don’t remember any of it.”
;)

predator on October 19, 2012 at 8:04 PM

bazil9 on October 19, 2012 at 7:58 PM

predator on October 19, 2012 at 8:01 PM

I have had many times like that..LOL.
Which sucks looking back..I would like to remember.

77..whew..I was 4. lol
I am sure it is a tad bit diff now. :)
I had to drive through it last year on business during the day..wild custom bikes
on the streets. People really cool though.

bazil9 on October 19, 2012 at 8:05 PM

“I know I had a good time in the 70s, I just don’t remember any of it.”
;)

predator on October 19, 2012 at 8:04 PM

lol..same for me in late 80′s and 90′s.

Coffee..perhaps he did.
I see Ryan there a little bit more then Mitt.
Ummm wild scene.
But Mitt could be DD! lol

bazil9 on October 19, 2012 at 8:07 PM

Daytonna Rally streaming live on Fox.

CoffeeLover on October 19, 2012 at 8:09 PM

The War Planner on October 19, 2012 at 7:53 PM

Bishop on October 19, 2012 at 8:03 PM

Agreed. It’s important to have dignity restored to the office.

While I respect the office it’s been difficult, i.e. impossible for me to respect people who have no respect for the American people.

As for the political aspects, we have our work cut out for us. We have learned the hard way that we must be vigilant and watch polls carefully – ours included.

This will be the first step on a long road.

Cody1991 on October 19, 2012 at 8:09 PM

Does anybody know what bracelet Mitt is wearing in this picture?

Mitt pic