New Obama ad in Ohio: Mitt Romney isn’t one of us

posted at 8:01 pm on October 19, 2012 by Allahpundit

A perfect follow-up to the last post insofar as both demonstrate betrayals, in different ways, of the Hopenchange brand circa 2008. Back then, Senator Above The Fray scolded people about small, divisive politics. Today, President Above The Fray runs ads on Big Bird and binders and openly describes his opponent as not “one of us.” Had Romney pulled this on him, we’d need a special two-hour episode of “Hardball” to deal with the dog-whistle implications; as it is, Team Obama will skate on this even though Romney also famously belongs to a group that’s fairly high up on the list of “others” for whom some people simply won’t vote.

But never mind that. I had the same reaction as Charles Cooke after watching this, thinking back to the first strong dose of Hopenchange that America ever got. Remember?

Now even as we speak, there are those who are preparing to divide us, the spin masters and negative ad peddlers who embrace the politics of anything goes.

Well, I say to them tonight, there’s not a liberal America and a conservative America; there’s the United States of America…

We are one people, all of us pledging allegiance to the stars and stripes, all of us defending the United States of America.

In the end, that’s what this election is about. Do we participate in a politics of cynicism, or do we participate in a politics of hope?

Here he is eight years later, his spin masters and negative ad peddlers fully embracing the politics of anything goes. I’m giving you two clips to illustrate his own participation in the “politics of cynicism.” One is the new ad, the other is the Romney appearance on CBS’s “Early Show” in June 2011 from which the ad’s footage is taken. (The key bit runs from 1:24-3:10.) Watch them back to back and see for yourself how Obama’s ad team transformed Romney’s call for a restructuring of the auto companies in bankruptcy court into a to-hell-with-them death wish for the industry. Note the language in the ad: “Mitt Romney would have just let us go under… And for him to just say, ‘let ‘em fail’…” Romney didn’t want the industry to fail, though. The whole point of his Times op-ed in 2008 was that the industry needed to be made viable long-term and a simple bailout from the feds wouldn’t achieve that. Reorganization was in order, and the only way to do that was through a managed bankruptcy. “Detroit needs a turnaround,” he wrote in the Times, “not a check.” He even goes on to say in the piece that it’s not wrong for the companies to ask for “government help.” Does that sound like “let ‘em fail”?

The punchline here is that the “let ‘em fail” spin on Romney’s op-ed doesn’t even make sense under an unflattering view of Romney the candidate. He’s supposed to be the guy who’ll say anything, at any time, to maximize his chances of winning, right? (“Romnesia!”) Well, a man who’s thinking of running for president again in 2012, as Mitt surely was when he wrote that op-ed, isn’t about to tell an industry that’s critical to Ohio’s and Michigan’s economy that he hopes it dies. Even if he secretly felt that way, for whatever strange reason, it’d be electoral-college suicide and Romney surely knew it. So the “let ‘em fail” read on his position is false under any circumstances, but it does fit nicely with Obama’s caricature of Romney as some sort of Gekko/Scrooge hybrid who hates working people and loves giving them cancer, just because. Read the fine print on that 2004 convention speech; O said we shouldn’t be divided into red states and blue states, not that we shouldn’t be divided between “us” and those heartless one-percent bastards.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Count to 10 on October 19, 2012 at 8:54 PM

WND says 2.7 Million copis of the DVD have been mailed out.

lexhamfox on October 19, 2012 at 8:58 PM

I hope you’re right because these Ohioans scare me

redridinghood on October 19, 2012 at 8:27 PM

I lived in Ohio for 4 years when I was a kid, and FWIW, they scare me, too. (No offense intended for any of our friends and allies here who hail from the great state of Ohio!) :)

Benedict Nelson on October 19, 2012 at 8:58 PM

Strike-thru not intentional, Bishop and TXMomof3

Lourdes on October 19, 2012 at 8:26 PM

Too late.

You might want to enter the witness protection program.

Bishop on October 19, 2012 at 8:54 PM

I expect EVERYone who’s declared a “pro-Romney/Ryan” decision is on some sort of list or lists that Obama’s using for future reference. Never has out citizenry been so put-upon and under threat than under this wacky Baracky term.

Lourdes on October 19, 2012 at 8:59 PM

I’m not one of them either,and I’ll bet that most people from Ohio aren’t “one of them”.

rplat on October 19, 2012 at 9:01 PM

Yeah OK but HotAir isn’t going to feature the DVD being sent to Ohio voters saying that Obama’s mother was a prostitute (includes dirty pictures of her) and he is the bastard offspring of a Marxist and it is all part of a wider conspiracy. The producer was mailing out about a million of these. The funding behind the promotion hasn’t been revealed.

Expect more of the same from both sides as the election nears.

lexhamfox on October 19, 2012 at 8:50 PM

Interesting assertion. You have anything to back it up?

Count to 10 on October 19, 2012 at 8:54 PM

WND seems to be involved in the promotion. Millions of copies have been mailed to key swing states.

lexhamfox on October 19, 2012 at 9:03 PM

He is not black. That’s a fact jack. Nothing like a little black screen racism to whip up the base.

Bulletchaser on October 19, 2012 at 9:03 PM

I would just like to point out the fact checkers and media have let this go without mentioning that the claim isn’t true and Bankruptcy does not mean everything goes.

Does anyone think that if Obama was in Romney’s shoes they wouldn’t explain the Romney ad is wrong because in corporate bankruptcy the company doesn’t dissolve and the workrs are not fired?

Conan on October 19, 2012 at 9:05 PM

I’m near Cleveland and we’re Romney voters. I predict Mitt will win Oiho. I give Kasich all the credit for our unemployment rate being better on average. I’ll be disappointed if we go for Obama. I can’t wait for this nightmare to end. Gimmie Mitt!

Buck Turgidson on October 19, 2012 at 9:06 PM

Why is Obama’s mother being photographed in the nude at Frank Marshall Davis’s house? Isn’t that a little strange? I mean, my mother was ever photographed in the nude by someone she was not married to, or anyone as far as I can tell.

His family life is really screwed up.

Bulletchaser on October 19, 2012 at 9:07 PM

Mitt Romney is not one of you Barry, he’s not a lying commie thieving fraud, so I agree with you for once.

Robert Jensen on October 19, 2012 at 9:07 PM

Does anyone else see the irony in the Mitt Romney clip they took for the ad? That is so lulsworthy. Didn’t have to do too much digging, eh, to find the exact video and context of his words being defended.

GW_SS-Delta on October 19, 2012 at 9:07 PM

Who’s to say I’m not already IN it?!?

Lourdes on October 19, 2012 at 8:57 PM

Then you should enter the double secret witness protection program.

I have people everywhere. EVERYwhere.

Bishop on October 19, 2012 at 9:08 PM

Sigh…never.

Bulletchaser on October 19, 2012 at 9:08 PM

lexhamfox on October 19, 2012 at 9:03 PM

It’s also available on…………… NETFLIX !!

Cody1991 on October 19, 2012 at 9:11 PM

I think we all know that the election is over. I’m beginning to become somewhat annoyed at Hannity, et al., for beating a dead horse in front of Al Q. Given what we know, and given where we are, I do believe it is time for a little bit of restraint.

Let him go with dignity.

Key West Reader on October 19, 2012 at 9:11 PM

His family life is really screwed up.

Bulletchaser on October 19, 2012 at 9:07 PM

The funny thing is Obama’s mother was only fifteen when the pictures were published so it’s most unlikely that they are of her.

lexhamfox on October 19, 2012 at 9:12 PM

Mitt’s becoming very likeable. His humor was good. His genuineness, his authenticity is radiating now.

petefrt on October 19, 2012 at 9:14 PM

Let him go with dignity.

Key West Reader on October 19, 2012 at 9:11 PM

You are a much better person than I am.

I want him shamed into oblivion along with the Dem Party.

Cody1991 on October 19, 2012 at 9:15 PM

Peter Gabriel hardest hit.

Odie1941 on October 19, 2012 at 9:17 PM

Expect more of the same from both sides as the election nears.

lexhamfox on October 19, 2012 at 8:50 PM

Anyone who thinks if this was really being mailed out — in the millions — and not some false flag, that MSNBC & NBC would not be ALL OVER THIS, I’ve got a bridge to sell you.

When you actually have a copy of the DVD in your hand, let me know.

Dark Star on October 19, 2012 at 9:18 PM

It’s also available on…………… NETFLIX !!

Cody1991 on October 19, 2012 at 9:11 PM

Also on Amazon Prime on Roku.

ajacksonian on October 19, 2012 at 9:19 PM

New Obama ad in Ohio: Mitt Romney isn’t one of us

What? Romney’s not an American?

In fact, according to liberals, illegal aliens are “one of us”. They just don’t have the papers to prove it.

jaime on October 19, 2012 at 9:20 PM

Cody1991 on October 19, 2012 at 9:15 PM

Not ‘his’ dignity. The dignity of the office.

Restraint is needed now. I think Hannity is over the top, and I’ve heard enough of this. I’m ashamed at this administration, it is a complete clown show and we have a very short time to turn this ship.

Key West Reader on October 19, 2012 at 9:20 PM

Let Obozo run that ad… the SpecOps folks are running their ad in our local market.

And no, there’s no possible reply from the ‘rats.

Frankly, the newest ads are outright lies, and nasty to boot.

From what I see, if the ‘rats go down in Oiho, they’ll go down swinging.

CPT. Charles on October 19, 2012 at 9:25 PM

Dark Star on October 19, 2012 at 9:18 PM

Well the funny thing is… the one thing they do get right in the promo is that it has been number one on Amazon (documentary) for some time and the DVD and the mail shot has received coverage if you bothered to look.

The head of the Alabama Republican Party actually endorsed the DVD.

My original point is that both sides play dirty.

lexhamfox on October 19, 2012 at 9:25 PM

Let him go with dignity.

Key West Reader on October 19, 2012 at 9:11 PM

There are a lot of people who don’t watch any news — but they DO watch Comedy Central and Jon Stewart’s show specifically — so the need to repeat the obvious for the rest of what media IS acting responsibly (FOX, Hannity, LImbaugh, etc.) in reporting information that the rest (MSNBC, NBC, CBS, ABC, CNN) are attempting to suppress continues. It’s important to keep on it until the vote is over and counted.

Those of us who have been paying attention for a while if not since before 2008 are getting a bit tired of hearing things over and over again, you’re right, but we’re, I think, the minority of voters what with so many who don’t pay attention to anything except Letterman and Stewart and read HuffPo and Oprah and that’s about it.

Lourdes on October 19, 2012 at 9:25 PM

all the folks from Oiho golf with JugEars?

KOOLAID2 on October 19, 2012 at 9:27 PM

Let him go with dignity.

Key West Reader on October 19, 2012 at 9:11 PM

As to letting Obama go “with dignity,” THAT IS ENTIRELY UP TO HIM.

Unfortunately, Obama still has a following. When he’s out of the White House come this January 2013, he’s still got a big Leftmedia available for him to make a lot of ugly noise. And I expect he and they have already laid plans to do just that — Obama’s likely got some network specials lined up with Dreamworks’ producing them if not some daily talk show with Oprah’s investment in it.

Lourdes on October 19, 2012 at 9:28 PM

The dignity of the office.

Key West Reader on October 19, 2012 at 9:20 PM

I’m with you. We had a discussion about this on another thread.

We want the dignity of the office restored, and we want an administration that respects the dignity of the American people.

I don’t know about you, but I’m exhausted. The anxiety of the last few years have taken their toll, financially, emotionally and in every way.

I’m ready for this election to finish, and I do hope it’s Romney. It won’t be perfect, but it’s a step in the right direction.

To be honest, the last few years have worn me out. I’m tired…. just sick and tired of this crap.

Cody1991 on October 19, 2012 at 9:30 PM

Buck Turgidson on October 19, 2012 at 9:06 PM

According to the Fox poll released tonight, 45% of Ohioans give the credit for the drop in the unemployment rate to Kasich and only 35% to Obama, so you’re in the majority.

Resist We Much on October 19, 2012 at 9:32 PM

Cody1991 on October 19, 2012 at 9:15 PM

Not ‘his’ dignity. The dignity of the office.

Key West Reader on October 19, 2012 at 9:20 PM

Joe McCarthy was right. The problem for our nation is a Leftwing in media that poses as source while pushing a variety of Left/Communist/Marxist/Socialist/Fascist demands and that suppresses and/or condemns anything and everyone else.

I realize that the Left thinks those terms (Left/Communist/Marxist/Socialist/Fascist) are pejoratives and used to insult and not to define, BUT, unfortunately, they’re accurate definitions of socio-political methods and goals that have and continue to pummel our Republic. So I use them here specifically and not as pejoratives but as defining terms.

Lourdes on October 19, 2012 at 9:32 PM

His family life is really screwed up.

Bulletchaser on October 19, 2012 at 9:07 PM

Your comment just made me laugh. A friend of mine used to go hang out at a neighbor’s garage in the early sixties when we were young—10 or 11. He told my friend that his (friend’s) mom was on a girlie calendar on the wall photographed years earlier. When he moved he left it with my friend. He kept it forever, but no, mom was not on it—at least not his mom. :)

arnold ziffel on October 19, 2012 at 9:34 PM

Mitt Romney isn’t one of us

And a socialist is?

Wade on October 19, 2012 at 9:36 PM

Lourdes on October 19, 2012 at 9:28 PM

Oprah’s network has maybe 37 more viewers than ManBearPig’s Current TV network. Let Dreamworks produce a special that’s later on DVD. It’ll end up in the remainders bin like “Dreams of My Father” will, or in quirky collections of political memorabilia.

PatriotGal2257 on October 19, 2012 at 9:37 PM

Lourdes on October 19, 2012 at 9:32 PM

I know it may sound silly, but I’m glad somebody else sees the dots…

It was getting lonely, watching the shadows move in the darkness, by myself.

CPT. Charles on October 19, 2012 at 9:43 PM

And you know who DIDN’T even TOUR the place when those floods occured? Barack Obama, that’s who.

Lourdes on October 19, 2012 at 8:47 PM

Obama didn’t come to Minot, either. We lost a quarter of the homes in this town and we got Janet Napolitano. She made some promises, flew around in the Blackhawk, and we haven’t seen her since. Good riddance.

TXMomof3 on October 19, 2012 at 9:53 PM

That Erica idiot from CBS had no idea what Romney was talking about. What an doofus.

hepcat on October 19, 2012 at 9:58 PM

Watch out for a late-October surprise … and the MSM to play a major role in communicating it.

bw222 on October 19, 2012 at 10:03 PM

Obama is right!

Romney is not one of them…..

Romney is not a Marxist……

redguy on October 19, 2012 at 10:25 PM

Let him go with dignity.

Key West Reader on October 19, 2012 at 9:11 PM

“What is best in life?

To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women.”

And obama is – without a doubt – our enemy.

Solaratov on October 19, 2012 at 10:28 PM

dignity???? He slo-jams on jimmy kimmel..refers to himself as “eye candy”..I mean com’on.

bluesdoc70 on October 19, 2012 at 10:47 PM

I’m a longtime Ohio resident.

Obama ain’t one of us.

BuckeyeSam on October 19, 2012 at 11:41 PM

If Obama isn’t blind he can see his Little Big Horn coming.

VorDaj on October 19, 2012 at 8:18 PM

..THANKS FOR THIS, VORDAJ!

The War Planner on October 19, 2012 at 11:56 PM

Yeah OK but HotAir isn’t going to feature the DVD being sent to Ohio voters
lexhamfox on October 19, 2012 at 8:50 PM

First of all, I have family in several areas in Ohio and no one got one or even heard of it. So who did they mail these to, what list did they use? Second, unlike the ad by the Obama campaign this isn’t sanctioned or in any way affiliated with the Romney campaign. Personally I think I’ll believe it when someone either in the media that I trust or someone I know shows me the copy they got. And third, Slate links the story to Democrat Underground. You chose poorly.

Deanna on October 19, 2012 at 11:59 PM

Lourdes on October 19, 2012 at 9:25 PM

“..dirty air and water; Republicans want to throw granny from the cliff, I used to work in construction while I was busing tables, etc. etc.”

For DECADES that will be ringing in my ears. Long after The Crapsack™ POTUS is a bitter brown stain in my cerebral cortex, I will awake screaming that mantra!

The War Planner on October 20, 2012 at 12:02 AM

New Obama ad in Ohio: Mitt Romney isn’t one of us

But Barky is? HERE

Early Voting numbers look bad for Zero. HERE

No way he takes Ohio. Go Bucks!

jrgdds on October 20, 2012 at 12:07 AM

I have to mention Ohio, as I was raised there and still have family there. Ohio used to be almost entirely Dem. It also produced some of the strangest politicos on record…James Traficant and Dennis Kucinch.
Cuyahoga County, Cleveland, is on the tipping point of becoming Detroit, thanks to similar Dem leadership…in more ways than one.

All that said, a lot of Ohioans have left the Dems behind. The Southwest and central parts of the state are Repub and it looks like ‘I wear a ferret on my head’ Traficant’s old Mafia stomping grounds around Youngstown is now up for grabs.

Also, Mandel may actually oust the most Liberal Senator, Sherrod Brown. If that happens it’s a sure bet Obama will lose Ohio.

Deanna on October 20, 2012 at 12:07 AM

Watched the second clip, man that CBS anchor is thick, Romney clearly explains something fairly simple, and she acts as if he’s speaking greek.

And yes it’s a ridiculous ad.

netster007x on October 20, 2012 at 12:28 AM

Barry runs the ‘not one of us’ crapola?

How would we know who the hell he is?

It’s damn time someone calls him on his hidden school records, birth certificates, everything they would demand from Bush.

Typicalwhitewoman on October 20, 2012 at 12:37 AM

Yeah OK but HotAir isn’t going to feature the DVD being sent to Ohio voters
lexhamfox on October 19, 2012 at 8:50 PM

Deanna on October 19, 2012 at 11:59 PM

I linked to TWN (right wing) as well earlier. It was in Newsweek/Daily Beast. They are mailing these to Democrats and people who have rec’d them have commented on the films website making fun of the DVD. Apparently is being treated like Mystery Science Theater or just being put in the trash. The numbers being mailed are certainly suspect coming from the guy who produced the movie… a confirmed liar.

I didn’t ‘choose’ anything about it. It’s a smear and someone earlier doubted it’s existence so I provided some info and it does exist.

But since you doubt what I said here are some links just for you:

Florida gets hit.

Colorado TV News 700,000 copies

Western Center for Journalism (Right Wing)

Don’t blame me. I didn’t ‘choose’ anything about it.

lexhamfox on October 20, 2012 at 12:51 AM

…and the Orlando Sentinel, which I think has come out for Romney carried the story too.

lexhamfox on October 20, 2012 at 12:54 AM

Peter Gabriel hardest hit.

Odie1941 on October 19, 2012 at 9:17 PM

Saw that tour at Music Hall in Cleveland. Prophetic.

Buck Turgidson on October 20, 2012 at 12:59 AM

New Obama ad in Ohio: Mitt Romney isn’t one of us

If Obama is telling people that “Romney isn’t one of us,” isn’t that a compliment to Romney??

…’cause presumably “us” means “mind-numbed Obamabots“…

And anyone who watches this ad will certainly NOT want himself/herself to be associated in any way with the idiots portrayed!

landlines on October 20, 2012 at 1:19 AM

Big Bird, Obama and One of Us walk into a bar…

profitsbeard on October 20, 2012 at 2:39 AM

Obama says “Romney isn’t one of us”?
What, worms can vote now?

justltl on October 20, 2012 at 3:08 AM

Ok, somebody queue up the end of “Freaks”…

mojo on October 20, 2012 at 3:20 AM

This stinks of the Obama race card–sorta like the white cry of “You people” in reverse!
Segregation by any other name?

Don L on October 20, 2012 at 4:32 AM

Add “Mitt Romney isn’t one of us” to the 2012 Obama Campaign DERP:

- Romney is a felon
- Romney doesn’t pay taxes
- First debate prep FAIL
- Big Bird
- Binders
- “Romneysia”
_______________________________

When Obama loses, his 2012 campaign will go down as one of the worst EVAH.

McNinja on October 20, 2012 at 4:35 AM

lexhamfox on October 20, 2012 at 12:51 AM

Pardon me if I don’t question the reporting, however, the first link listed leads with this paragraph:

In the mail today many Floridians received a 95 minute DVD called: Dreams from my Real Father. It was sent out from an organization called DFMRF, LLC with a postal address in California. It apparently is a short for; Democrats for Mitt Romney

Anyone with an ounce of common sense would deduce DFMRF stood for ‘Dreams from my Real Father’ and not ‘Democrats for Mitt Romney’.

But, as always, thanks for playing.

socalcon on October 20, 2012 at 5:09 AM

Romney is an ‘other’ therefore he must be punished.
- your friendly Stalinist democrat.

tom daschle concerned on October 20, 2012 at 7:31 AM

Deanna on October 20, 2012 at 12:07 AM

Ohio is more red than blue, out of 88 counties, 78 vote red almost without excption.. The thing is, the ten left, are urban dense, Cleveland, Toledo, that idiot Traficant’s Youngstown is almost all union based. The split is nearly even in population, but outside major metro areas… the GOP owns Ohio.

The unions are the worst cancer in the state, especially the government employee unions, which lie even more viciously that their private sector cousins.. The teachers unions are the worst, honesty is not something teachers hold dear.
They think nothing of holding our kids hostage to get a school levy passed,… for “infrastructure like buildings and books, computers”…

then after, we find out… oooops.. they got another massive pay raise,.. and we “need” another levy..

The democrats in this state are as corrupt and vile as sewer rats.. so Obama’s ads are nothing new.. the difference is, the pushback this time is stronger..

used to be..

Now a liberal swaggers in and tries that, we’re in their face, and calling their lies.. My mother in law, is a union loving hack.. believes EVERYTHING her teacher friends tell her.. and you’d better listen up bucko.. cause she’s in the know..

Before, I’d ignore her and walk away from the rants..

now.. it’s war, and I use the web to bring up facts, right when she’s spreading a lie.. to shoot her down.. and show everyone standing there here full of schit she is..

war…

and we rarely got along anyway.. so no loss.

mark81150 on October 20, 2012 at 7:47 AM

Obama can’t have MY state.. ain’t happening..

I don’t care how many little D’s it takes to wake up, and how many big D’s I have to outrage.. they don’t get an uncontested stage to lie on all day..

Buckeyes are sick of the statists.. the lying government unions and the two faced thugster AFL-CIO.

They haven’t given anyone a job.. but they sure hate anyone who does..

mark81150 on October 20, 2012 at 8:00 AM

“Behold, the wicked man conceives evil
and is pregnant with mischief
and gives birth to lies.”

–Psalm 7:14

I pray every day that the wicked will not prosper…

Grace_is_sufficient on October 20, 2012 at 8:01 AM

Slate mentioned it two weeks ago.

lexhamfox on October 19, 2012 at 8:56 PM

Slate mentions lots of dog-whistle-idiot crap. Only you nitwit liberals seem to know it.

Jaibones on October 20, 2012 at 9:49 AM

Do not worry about Ohio. They do not have a death wish. Obama is correct. Not only is Mitt Romney not like Obots, but neither are the rest of the people that live there. They may be Dems, but they are not totally insane. True that there are some that are, but I don’t think there are enough of them.

When we were there a couple of weeks ago there were lots of Dem signs for the local elections, but the Obama signs were either not there or if they were, they were so small that you couldn’t see them readily.

The Obama signs I have seen are small. The logo is tiny and the letters that say Obama/Biden are also small. The same with the bumper stickers. The lettering is small and so is the logo. There is a lot of blue space. Pretty invisible.

People have been hurting in that state for ages. But there is hope as there is oil and also gas in NE Ohio. These folks need jobs and they are about to get them if Romney is elected.

BetseyRoss on October 20, 2012 at 9:57 AM

Sort of OT, except for the wishes for the O’s to pack up and leave, posted earlier.

I cannot WAIT for the comparison pictures of the grounds after Mitt’s inauguration !!
With the majority of attendees in the GOP camp (presumption) I’d wager that maybe half of them will come supplied with their own trash bags, so they can police the area and collect any libbies’ garbage, too !
Wouldn’t that just be glorious ??
Wouldn’t surprise me one bit !!

pambi on October 20, 2012 at 12:15 PM

What better endorsement coming from the avowed Marxist?

Mitt Romney isn’t one of “us”, says Obama.

Thanks for advertising your bigotry, Mr. Obama.

And the Democrat Party speculated MONEY with another “loser” campaign expenditure. Of all the winners and losers, Barry, you pick all the losers.

Mitt Romney is not a Marxist, not a bigot, and not a loser.

Good to know.

Of all the bigotry with the greatest hypocrisy, Mr. Obama can’t pass his own litmus test to be President of 100% of Americans.

“Romney isn’t one of us.” Because Romney IS an American citizen, unlike illegitimate voters. Because Romney pays all taxes required by law and is NOT a tax cheat like Tim Geithner? Funny, “isn’t one of us” coming from the guy who refuses to acknowledge his own personal flaws, hiding his transcripts, lying under oath that he has no other alias, never was Barry Soetero with Indonesian citizenship. Hot damn, a healthy mind would steer clear of hate speech. “YOU can’t get on the bus. Well, if you must, then maybe we’ll let you X,Y,Z (Republicans) sit in the back.” The “downright mean nation” that the Obamas illustrate would be themselves and how they abuse power, tax payers and humanity.

maverick muse on October 20, 2012 at 1:06 PM

Buck Turgidson on October 20, 2012 at 12:59 AM

Whatever happened to Gabriel?

“I Go Swimming” is still one of my favs…

Odie1941 on October 20, 2012 at 1:31 PM

I’m not one of you either. Thank God for that.

subsonic on October 20, 2012 at 2:07 PM

Expect more of the same from both sides as the election nears.

lexhamfox on October 19, 2012 at 8:50 PM

So, 0-bow-mao’s campaign pulls out a divisive, counterproductive, absolutely retarded ad like this, and you pull out the ‘both sides do it!’ card, as a diversionary response? Could you be any more weak and ridiculous?

What’s your evidence Mitt’s team itself is engaging in this kind of crap? Oh, that’s right, they’ve got an ad out right now showing that he desires to unite us, unlike 0-bow-mao’s.

Why don’t you take your deceitful, pathetic, whiny, and partisan hackery someplace else, where people may actually buy what you are selling?

Anti-Control on October 20, 2012 at 2:58 PM

Not a muppet at the government teat: check.

Kenosha Kid on October 20, 2012 at 3:27 PM

Exactly how is the SOB “one of us” anyway? He’s an elitist progressive who actually thinks that he’s of a higher intellect than most Americans. His arrogance is offensive as is his holding of the highest office in our land. I still can’t believe so many weak minded fools elected him in the first place.

cajunpatriot on October 20, 2012 at 5:58 PM

It’s only anecdotal, but this from an Ohio reader of Legal Insurrection.

Get off my doorstep!

TugboatPhil on October 20, 2012 at 6:28 PM

“Behold, the wicked man conceives evil
and is pregnant with mischief
and gives birth to lies.”

–Psalm 7:14

I pray every day that the wicked will not prosper…

Grace_is_sufficient on October 20, 2012 at 8:01 AM

But the wicked DO prosper. Evidence of that is all around us all the time, everywhere.

Thus, the importance of trusting in God to provide for us (to keep faith with Him, not with the ‘world’ or wicked) and to not place our trust in the material (or, that “prospering”). God will deliver and does.

But evaluating against those who are wicked, to view their prosperity as that which perhaps God’s denying us for whatever reason, is to be bitter, resentful, unhappy and that leads to…wickedness. As in, loss of faith that God provides us with what we need.

It does not mean that prosperity indicates wickedness — many a righteous person prospers. But prosperity in and of itself is not evidence or proof of righeousness nor of wickedness — just that all prosper or may but from a different source.

So I don’t think it’s self valueing to pray that the wicked don’t prosper. God’s already got their number.

Lourdes on October 20, 2012 at 9:11 PM

Anonymous To Unleash ‘October Surprise’ On Major Presidential Candidate

Elections are such fun aren’t they!

Sharke on October 21, 2012 at 12:04 AM

I live in New York State and when there was a Democrat in power we worked (construction) and there were State contracts to consider. When we had a Republican for a governor same thing. A Democrat Governor and a Republican President we didn’t work much. The powers to be do those things and I was wondering how Ohio will do after Mitt is in office, they’ll scream, “See we told you so” and they’ll starve.

mixplix on October 21, 2012 at 2:49 PM

The lines from O are retreads from 208 – hope, unite, yada, yada, yada.

Shows how much people know about bankruptcy – it’s a way to clear out debt and dead wood, then rebuild without taxpayers’ money.

MN J on October 21, 2012 at 7:41 PM

and in the last screen Ohio is black because…….

I think this ad is racist.

Hammie on October 22, 2012 at 12:49 AM