Biden now waving binders around during his stump speech

posted at 7:21 pm on October 19, 2012 by Allahpundit

There’s video of this out there somewhere, I assume, but I’m not going to post it. That’s my concession to bipartisanship today: I’m not going to post a clip of this chortling oaf, who got elected running with a guy known for tut-tutting people about the smallness of their politics, turning prop comic to transform a dumb liberal Internet joke into a Serious Campaign Issue. Let’s leave the man with what little dignity he has left.

And I do mean “little”:

Vice President Joe Biden introduced a new prop into his stump speech on Friday: A binder.

Mocking Mitt Romney’s “binders full of women” remark at a campaign rally in Fort Pierce, Florida, Biden held up a black binder in the air as an example of the Republican candidate’s solution to gender-based pay discrimination.

I don’t think they’re really pushing the “binders” thing to try to win back women voters. Superficially that’s the reason, but it doesn’t make any sense. If you’re a woman who stayed undecided through months of “war on women” hysteria on the left and are now tilting to Romney because you liked what he said about the economy at the debates, “binders full of women” isn’t going to pull you back over the fence. David French makes a similar point about Team O’s slightly more meaningful push lately on abortion:

1. Either the president feels the need to shore up his cultural base, or he truly thinks undecided women have been waiting to see who liked abortion the most;

2. If a Republican launched a similar base-focused blitz three weeks before the election, the MSM would see that as an unmistakable sign of trouble; and

3. The MSM likely won’t report the signs of trouble because they are in part the base that’s being reassured.

Bingo. This isn’t about women, it’s about giving the left a rattle to play with to keep them preoccupied as discouraging poll numbers flood in. Even low-information voters who watched the debates probably aren’t paying close enough attention in the aftermath to follow the “binder” nonsense. That’s a meme circulating among political junkies, not among the population at large. By name-checking it at the podium, though, Obama and Biden can show their base that they’re “on offense,” that they’re hitting Romney on the stuff that the base is interested in, and so forth. It keeps liberal activists, who are doing most of the heavy lifting for them in donations and GOTV, engaged in the process even as O’s chances at reelection tick downward. And in fairness to them, there’s not a lot else for them to talk about at this point. Lord knows, they’re not going to talk about Libya; they can kinda sorta talk about our economic “recovery,” but they’re one more bad jobs report away from having that blow up in their faces. Better just to ride along on whatever hobbyhorse the left is riding right now and hope that that guarantees maximum turnout on election day.

In lieu of the binder video, via The Blaze, here’s Biden shedding a bit more dignity onstage today while a woman talked about her battle with breast cancer. Exit question: Were there no “binders full of women” in the Harvard Law Review offices when The One was president there?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Allahpundit nails it again.

bluegill on October 19, 2012 at 7:23 PM

OMG, we actually won. It hasn’t actually sunk in until now.

vegconservative on October 19, 2012 at 7:24 PM

“I can see American troops fighting in Tehran from the Naval Observatory!”

– Vice-President Joe Biden, 18 October 2012

Resist We Much on October 19, 2012 at 7:24 PM

Are we sure he knows where he’s at? He could just be senile..

wargamer6 on October 19, 2012 at 7:24 PM

Does the binder have the Iran Google map of soldier locations?

HoustonRight on October 19, 2012 at 7:24 PM

Losing. This is what it looks like.

Kataklysmic on October 19, 2012 at 7:25 PM

They gon’ put y’all in binders!

de rigueur on October 19, 2012 at 7:26 PM

I hope a lot of people are donating a lot of money to the DNC, because it is all being thrown away…..er, I mean, stimulating the economy.

SailorMark on October 19, 2012 at 7:26 PM

I bet ya Biden probably carries around a Trapper Keeper in the white house carrying all of his important VP documents.

Hawkerflyer on October 19, 2012 at 7:26 PM

Biden:

“Ich bin ein a Binder”

“I’m serious. I’m not joking.”

They gon’ put y’all in binders!

de rigueur on October 19, 2012 at 7:26 PM

+eleventy

Paul-Cincy on October 19, 2012 at 7:27 PM

Yea it’s pretty much over for them. I think Biden is just going out to get loaded and have a good time. He knows its over

Conservative4ev on October 19, 2012 at 7:28 PM

National embarrassment. A monkey in a suit for our vice president would be a better choice than this fool.

Bishop on October 19, 2012 at 7:28 PM

What liberal activists care about is … binders? What a bankrupt ideology. Ever talk to a leftist? Do they ever even attempt to argue the merits of something without arguing against a strawman? I mean ever?!

besser tot als rot on October 19, 2012 at 7:28 PM

Romney/Ryan seem breezy, confident, and happy.

Obama/Biden seem morose, distracted, and angry.

Facial readings can be more accurate than any poll.

PackerBronco on October 19, 2012 at 7:28 PM

Hussein was looking for a mommy and none of those women were good enough for that !

burrata on October 19, 2012 at 7:29 PM

I have a binder full of women…it’s a Double-D ring, IYKWIMAITYD.

Left Coast Right Mind on October 19, 2012 at 7:29 PM

SailorMark on October 19, 2012 at 7:26 PM

I did donate another 25 to Romney this week

Conservative4ev on October 19, 2012 at 7:29 PM

Smirkin’ Joe thinks he’s a real wit… and he’s half right. If this was my ‘elected representative’ I would die of shame.

ghostwalker1 on October 19, 2012 at 7:30 PM

The whole world is laughing at King Obama and his buffoon Uncle Joe.

JPeterman on October 19, 2012 at 7:30 PM

Conservative4ev on October 19, 2012 at 7:28 PM

kinda like when ppl take office supplies when they get laid off ….

conservative tarheel on October 19, 2012 at 7:30 PM

Seriously. They are never, ever going to let this one go. The latest thing among my lefty friends–and I’m a computer professional in Seattle, so lefty friends are the only kind I have–is Facebook cross-posts from Pinterest of binder Halloween costume ideas. They’re committed. Mount Binder is the hill they’ve chosen to die upon.

Fabozz on October 19, 2012 at 7:30 PM

Out: SQUIRREL !!

In: BINDERS !!

MSM: Arrogant AND Dumb !!!

PolAgnostic on October 19, 2012 at 7:31 PM

LOL~

I would love for my resume to be in Mitts “binder”.
I would work on healthcare and drag my many
small business clients to DC for a round table discussion.

If I was in Joe’s binder..I would change my identity.

bazil9 on October 19, 2012 at 7:31 PM

Conservative4ev on October 19, 2012 at 7:28 PM

kinda like when ppl take office supplies when they get laid off ….

conservative tarheel on October 19, 2012 at 7:30 PM

Hahaha or sugar packets

Conservative4ev on October 19, 2012 at 7:31 PM

As Mitt said at the Dinner last night… “This is Mitt Romney and I approve this message!” Lol! The gift that keeps on giving, comes through in the clutch, Again! I swear, somebody should really be following Joey around with a Camera & Mic, 24/7! There’s no more effective member of the Romney Campaign Staff or Surrogates!
Update on:How to take on the Obama Enemy media & Win: http://paratisiusa.blogspot.com/2012/09/an-open-letter-to-those-who-should-know.html?spref=tw

God Bless America!

paratisi on October 19, 2012 at 7:31 PM

Biden’s such a cheap douchebag.

rayra on October 19, 2012 at 7:32 PM

This , as well as Big Bird, reminds me of the state of the German army in mid-1945. Horse carts, children and old men soliders….. Their end is near.

ThePrez on October 19, 2012 at 7:33 PM

Bishop on October 19, 2012 at 7:28 PM

HEAR! HEAR!

The monkey would only fling its own poo!

PolAgnostic on October 19, 2012 at 7:33 PM

So close to home. I had to miss Joe’s comic relief because I still have a job – no thanks to Joe and his boss.

November 6th, you can’t get here fast enough. Hopefully, Romney/Ryan will give me a wonderful gift on tat day – my birthday.

Looking forward to a great Tea Party Rally tomorrow!

VibrioCocci on October 19, 2012 at 7:33 PM

Backlash coming……..wait for it…..

Women voting “Lady smarts”
before Lady parts

FlaMurph on October 19, 2012 at 7:34 PM

Hawkerflyer on October 19, 2012 at 7:26 PM

Nah, he has a gently used Hello Kitty folder that he uses to carry around his briefings. He also has a plastic Jurassic Park lunchbox where he keeps his action figures (Biden likes dinosaurs, I’m told.)

Punchenko on October 19, 2012 at 7:34 PM

They’re all idiots . . . flaming a$$ idiots.

rplat on October 19, 2012 at 7:34 PM

Conservative4ev on October 19, 2012 at 7:28 PM

kinda like when ppl take office supplies when they get laid off ….

conservative tarheel on October 19, 2012 at 7:30 PM

Hahaha or sugar packets

Conservative4ev on October 19, 2012 at 7:31 PM

Toilet paper by the armful

PolAgnostic on October 19, 2012 at 7:34 PM

I bet ya Biden probably carries around a Trapper Keeper in the white house carrying all of his important VP documents smiley face stickers and coloring books.

Hawkerflyer on October 19, 2012 at 7:26 PM

FIFY

Random Numbers (Brian Epps) on October 19, 2012 at 7:35 PM

The whole world is laughing at King Obama and his buffoon Uncle Joe.

JPeterman on October 19, 2012 at 7:30 PM

I hope so. I do get disturbed though when I see videos like yesterday’s college kids at a political rally, who had never heard of Behngazi, and who had all voted for Obama. Yikes!

SailorMark on October 19, 2012 at 7:35 PM

Biden’s such an a$$. I used to just laugh at him…I still do, but now I despise him as well.

Love how the breast cancer survivor noted that ObamaCare meant Obama cares about all of us. They’re so completely delusional. When we’re falling off that fiscal cliff into fiscal oblivion, necessitating either massive tax hikes and/or massive cuts to gov’t programs, hope she remembers who did a large part to get us there.

changer1701 on October 19, 2012 at 7:36 PM

Biden should introduce a new prop at every stop to keep things interesting. Eventually I’d like to see him pull out a Obama lookalike dummy and a glass of water.

DeathtotheSwiss on October 19, 2012 at 7:36 PM

Well atleast he didn’t show up dressed as Big Bird !

burrata on October 19, 2012 at 7:36 PM

When they start using props, its…..GAME OVER.

portlandon on October 19, 2012 at 7:37 PM

Will rest much easier when I know the actual grown up is VP…

Illinidiva on October 19, 2012 at 7:37 PM

According to Dennis Miller, Biden might be the model for the Cleveland Indians baseball cap. You decide.

predator on October 19, 2012 at 7:38 PM

I am STILL trying to figure out what the hell the Left finds offensive about the idea of women’s resumes in binders? I mean, Romney wanted to see women to hire.

Is there something patently offensive about a 3 ring binder that I am not aware of?

Pure head-scratcher here.

mitchellvii on October 19, 2012 at 7:38 PM

This is the intellect of the Democratic Party ;-)

burrata on October 19, 2012 at 7:38 PM

Conservative4ev on October 19, 2012 at 7:28 PM

I don’t know about that. I agree they have nothing. Absolutely nothing.

That doesn’t mean they’re going to lose.

Paul-Cincy on October 19, 2012 at 7:38 PM

DeathtotheSwiss on October 19, 2012 at 7:36 PM

Return of the Dancing Va-Jay-Jays?

SailorMark on October 19, 2012 at 7:39 PM

Seriously, when was the last US Presidential election where they used Props on stage???

How desperate does this look?

portlandon on October 19, 2012 at 7:39 PM

Oh good Lord. He’s fruitier than a fruitcake.

gophergirl on October 19, 2012 at 7:40 PM

Bind your loins!

RedNewEnglander on October 19, 2012 at 7:40 PM

Did anyone inform the woman that a government clerk would be the one to either affirm or deny her medical treatment based on nothing more than cross-checking certain criteria on a laminated sheet?

Bishop on October 19, 2012 at 7:41 PM

LOL~

I would love for my resume to be in Mitts “binder”.
I would work on healthcare and drag my many
small business clients to DC for a round table discussion.

If I was in Joe’s binder..I would change my identity.

bazil9 on October 19, 2012 at 7:31 PM

That’s what I said last night – I would love for Mitt to have me in his “binder”.

I would be honored.

gophergirl on October 19, 2012 at 7:41 PM

Ok guys, I know I must be stupid, naive, or both. But I don’t get the whole binder thing. Why are the Dems so offended by binders? Yes, I watched the debate, but I can’t even stretch my mind to see a negative in what Romney said.

CableDude on October 19, 2012 at 7:42 PM

I don’t know about that. I agree they have nothing. Absolutely nothing.

Paul-Cincy on October 19, 2012 at 7:38 PM

I misspoke. They have binders. And Big Bird. That’s not nothing.

Paul-Cincy on October 19, 2012 at 7:42 PM

Liberals are really this stupid? Oh, never mind. I know the answer. How very depressing.

kim roy on October 19, 2012 at 7:42 PM

A young Joe Binder showing how it’s done with binders and the ladies.

forest on October 19, 2012 at 7:43 PM

SailorMark on October 19, 2012 at 7:35 PM

My family is still over in Eastern Europe and trust me, they aren’t the only ones watching this circus.

JPeterman on October 19, 2012 at 7:43 PM

CableDude on October 19, 2012 at 7:42 PM

Nobody knows, that’s why it’s so stupid?

SailorMark on October 19, 2012 at 7:43 PM

When the binder issue came up, Bill Clinton immediately thought of this.

predator on October 19, 2012 at 7:43 PM

I almost expect Joe to undo his belt, unzip his fly and retuck his shirt all around right there on stage. Seriously, you can see it in his eyes, the man’s synapses aren’t firing normally.

Bishop on October 19, 2012 at 7:43 PM

OMG, we actually won. It hasn’t actually sunk in until now.

vegconservative on October 19, 2012 at 7:24 PM

Still go vote, take your family and friends – need to cover the margin of voter fraud.

I feel like a broken record, but can’t get too ahead of ourselves. These will be desperate people and we know they have NO ethics.

kim roy on October 19, 2012 at 7:44 PM

When the president gaffes he tells small business owners “you didn’t build that” and starts a real meme.

The Left is desperately attempting to match that and has decided that binders will do. They’re so myopic they can’t see that there’s a world of difference between saying “If you have a business..you didn’t build that! Somebody else made that happen!” and leaving off the word “resumes” from “binders full of women…”

One word: pathetic.

Grace_is_sufficient on October 19, 2012 at 7:44 PM

This Big Black Binder is a Big F’ing Deal. No, really. They’re just 3.99 when you also purchase two copier toner cartridges at Staples, your office supply partner. Hey, I’ve seen the polls- that’s some pretty big f’ing handwriting on the wall, there folks. I’m looking to the future, and you should too. Binders. 3.99. With two toner cartridges. At Staples.

M240H on October 19, 2012 at 7:44 PM

Who’s laughing now Smilin’ Joe?

Strike Hornet on October 19, 2012 at 7:46 PM

If this is all they have left at this point, then I am thinking that Gloria Turdhead has nothing up her sleeve. At least I hope this is what this means.

riddick on October 19, 2012 at 7:47 PM

How desperate does this look?

portlandon on October 19, 2012 at 7:39 PM

They should have taken notes from Newt and Santorum and their etch-a-sketches. That didn’t turn out well either.

JPeterman on October 19, 2012 at 7:47 PM

Binders. 3.99. With two toner cartridges. At Staples.“

M240H on October 19, 2012 at 7:44 PM

Staples..a profitble company associated with ….MITT ROMNEY :O :O

burrata on October 19, 2012 at 7:48 PM

G&P hearteache

JeffWeimer on October 19, 2012 at 7:48 PM

Bozo Bonkers Biden.

VorDaj on October 19, 2012 at 7:49 PM

Is it not mind blowing we are 17 days away and these are their memes: Bird & Binders & ‘Bortions? How does this not turn into a landslide when the more reasonable Dems/Indies dismount from the Imbecile Train to Nowhere to save their final ounce of credibility with their friends and family…..

hillsoftx on October 19, 2012 at 7:50 PM

CableDude on October 19, 2012 at 7:42 PM

The idiots are trying to spin it as Mitt being misogynist, that binders of women is akin to keeping them barefoot and pregnant in the kitchen (only use them when you want them). Seriously…that’s their “reasoning”.

The fact he really meant resumes and such, and wasn’t literally keeping women in binders, is lost on those that hate the man and want to believe the worst about him even if they have to go to ridiculous lengths to get there. They also can’t defend Obama, so this is ALL THEY HAVE.

changer1701 on October 19, 2012 at 7:50 PM

HEAR! HEAR!

The monkey would only fling its own poo!

PolAgnostic on October 19, 2012 at 7:33 PM

Isn’t that what Dems are best at?

chewmeister on October 19, 2012 at 7:50 PM

Wow. If this is where they’re at in their campaigning, I’m almost (almost) tempted to start celebrating 17 days early. Allah better wax up Hump Bot and load fresh batteries, cuz I’m a-thinkin’ it’s gonna be busy doing it’s motion-in-the-ocean for an extended period…

bandarlog on October 19, 2012 at 7:51 PM

I’m not even sure what the point of this is, or how this is supposed to be a negative for Romney that he considered the resumes of qualified women for cabinet positions.

gyc on October 19, 2012 at 7:51 PM

3 ring circus concerns itself with 3 ring binders…fitting.

hillsoftx on October 19, 2012 at 7:52 PM

bazil9 on October 19, 2012 at 7:31 PM

I would be honored.

gophergirl on October 19, 2012 at 7:41 PM

Me too GG! No problemo.
I have worked in biz for years..I helped interview candidates.
I was also instructed to favor diversity quota’s/candidates when needed. :(
Why this all makes me die laughing.
I am self employed now..and as a younger woman done very well for myself.
If you do insurance..we can team up! B9 and GG :)
I would be honored as well.

bazil9 on October 19, 2012 at 7:52 PM

‘Meme’ is now synonymous with ‘campaign’ for the Democrats.

Lawdawg86 on October 19, 2012 at 7:56 PM

I look at the people at these rallies and have to wonder. Are they really that stupid? All smiling and clapping. I have to answer, yes, yes they are. A co-worker of my husbands told him today why he was voting for Obama. His grandchildren are half black, he doesn’t believe in the death penalty and since more blacks are in jail than whites, ipso facto, the death penalty is racist and that’s why he will vote for Obama. WHA???? Obamabots are INSANE!!

BeachBum on October 19, 2012 at 7:57 PM

Staples..a profitble company associated with ….MITT ROMNEY :O :O

burrata on October 19, 2012 at 7:48 PM

Completely forgot that. Awesome ¦:-D

M240H on October 19, 2012 at 7:57 PM

‘Meme’ is now synonymous with ‘campaign’ for the Democrats.

Lawdawg86 on October 19, 2012 at 7:56 PM

I’m starting to think that they find “binder” synonymous with “bondage.”

predator on October 19, 2012 at 7:58 PM

Slow Joe has lost all clasp of reality.

viking01 on October 19, 2012 at 7:59 PM

“They gave me a BINDER,” Mr. “Stand up Chuck says. “I have the BINDER to this day,” he declares, rising to pull it from his briefcase. “I have the BINDER.”

Heh.

RealMc on October 19, 2012 at 8:00 PM

Is this all that they have left? I doubt it, they are eternally creative in finding a new “squirrel.”

ted c on October 19, 2012 at 8:00 PM

Chris Coons absolutely MUST resign and give Biden back his old Senate seat. Anything to keep Joe in front of the cameras and microphones. The nation’s collective funnybone depends on it!

Christien on October 19, 2012 at 8:01 PM

The whole world is laughing at King Obama and his buffoon Uncle Joe.

JPeterman on October 19, 2012 at 7:30 PM

Not me, I’m laughing at this!

They gon’ put y’all in binders!

de rigueur on October 19, 2012 at 7:26 PM

WeekendAtBernankes on October 19, 2012 at 8:02 PM

You know at this point I expect them to be running ads of kids in Sesame Street costumes on Halloween as evidence EVIDENCE that they’ve totally broken thru the age demographic floor!

txhsmom on October 19, 2012 at 8:02 PM

Help me out here. I usually can understand the point of the left’s snarky jokes. I may not think they are funny, but I get the point, like when that one politician called the internet a “series of tubes” and libs thought that was hilarious for some reason (they don’t get metaphors, I suppose.)

Anyway, I cannot for the life of me understand why they think this one is so funny and why it is supposed to make Romney look bad. Are they saying he literally but women inside of binders? Or are resumes funny to them? That silly Romney, interviewing all those women!

cep on October 19, 2012 at 8:03 PM

I think this campaign has been too much for Ole Joe…we are winning.

d1carter on October 19, 2012 at 8:04 PM

“Binders? We ain’t got no binders. We don’t need no binders. I don’t have to show you any stinking binders!”

claudius on October 19, 2012 at 8:05 PM

Somewhere in DC there’s a binder full of communications from Ambassador Stevens begging for extra security. Maybe Mitt and Ryan can wave binders onstage to make THAT point.

joejm65 on October 19, 2012 at 8:05 PM

Bishop on October 19, 2012 at 7:43 PM

His antics are telling. Someone who is comfortable in his position (his important place as VP, his conviction as a leading progressive) would not wiggle and distract like that.
Not only is Bite Me a fry short, he also knows his campaign is in deep shizzle.

bettycooper on October 19, 2012 at 8:06 PM

Uncle Joeke is just trying out the binder to see if he prefers it to the vagina or Big Bird for his Halloween costume–otherwise he might just have to go as himself–scarrrrrrreeeeeeee…

stukinIL4now on October 19, 2012 at 8:06 PM

Gotta love Joe Binder.

Obama/Binder 2012!

Christien on October 19, 2012 at 8:06 PM

Bishop on October 19, 2012 at 7:28 PM

..don’t we already have one as our..

Nah, not going there although I was tempted.

The War Planner on October 19, 2012 at 8:07 PM

OMG, we actually won. It hasn’t actually sunk in until now.

vegconservative on October 19, 2012 at 7:24 PM

It’s not November 7. I’m tempted to agree with you, but it’s best not be complacent. Though to be honest, what I’m most worried about is that someone’s going to jinx it. I’m still convinced that’s what ultimately happened with he Obamacare ruling. People here started high-fiving each other prematurely, tempting fate’s cruel hand.

RINO in Name Only on October 19, 2012 at 8:07 PM

Very reminiscent of the last week of the 1980 campaign. I’ll never forget the “Wonder Boy from Plains” disembarking Air Force One with an album under his arm of General Electric talks (from the 1960s) of Ronald Reagan that he characterized as the end of social security etc etc…desperation time

kingsmill on October 19, 2012 at 8:07 PM

And it just seemed like yesterday that Obama was just starting his little adventure when things just started going wrong…Iowahawk did identify that ‘base’ quite well…

WOULD YOU LIKE TO BUY A DISTRACTION?

>Y

I’M SORRY, THE PEASANTS ARE NOT EASILY DISTRACTED. YOU ARE IN AN OVAL OFFICE. YOU ARE BEHIND A DESK. YOU HAVE LOST RAHM. PEASANTS ARE LOSING THEIR HEALTH CARE. PEASANTS ARE MARCHING ON THE BELTWAY. THERE IS 9.6% UNEMPLOYMENT IN THE FOREST. YOUR APPROVAL HEALTH IS 42%. YOUR CONGRESS HAS 1.3% HEALTH. YOUR CONGRESS WILL NOT RETURN YOUR CALLS. WHAT DO YOU WANT TO DO?

>TURN LEFT

EXCUSE ME?

>TURN LEFT

WHOA. FOR A MINUTE THERE I THOUGHT YOU TYPED ‘TURN LEFT’.

>I DID! TURN LEFT

UMM, ANY PARTICULAR REASON?

>ENERGIZE BASE

BY “BASE”, DO YOU MEAN THAT REPULSIVE COLLECTION OF SNIDE FVCKWIT URBAN HIPSTER TWATS?

>Y

HOW?

>CAR DITCH SLURPEE JOKE

BASE ENERGY FAIL. STIMULUS FAIL. HEALTH CARE FAIL. TARP FAIL.

YOU ARE IN AN OVAL OFFICE. YOU HAVE 41% APPROVAL HEALTH. YOU HAVE NO GOLD LEFT. YOU HAVE NO CONGRESS LEFT. YOU HAVE NO MEDIA LEFT. WHAT DO YOU WANT TO DO?

>BLAME BUSH

I’M SORRY, THAT DOESN’T WORK ANYMORE.

>PLAY RACE CARD

I’M SORRY, THAT DOESN’T WORK ANYMORE.

>PLAY GOLF

GOLF COURSE IS CLOSED.

>TURN LEFT

DUDE.

>FAKE TURN RIGHT

ADVENTURER PLEASE, YOU’RE JUST EMBARRASING YOURSELF.

Really the Leftist ‘base’ has ALWAYS been this easy to distract and buy-off. And the ‘low information voters’ aren’t buying it and that junk about supporting free enterprise, that little head fake to the right, is just embarrassing himself because no one believes it and it is so very blatant after all the stuff that has already come out.

Of course the best part is that the ‘base’ can be bought off with Joe Biden. Who knew they were that low and needy? The poor dears.

ajacksonian on October 19, 2012 at 8:09 PM

Wow. Even the liberals I work with were amazed at the attention the “binders” comment is getting. They just don’t get it. Neither do I. It’s Big Bird redux. I didn’t think they could look any sillier, but there you have it!

scalleywag on October 19, 2012 at 8:11 PM

cep on October 19, 2012 at 8:03 PM

You have to think in Russian Liberal.

The “binders” remark to a leftist conjures images of women being held captive in cellars and eventually being killed for their skin, it’s the stereotype they’ve created of everyone on the right, a herd of savages. They will be saying just that in about a week or so.

Bishop on October 19, 2012 at 8:11 PM

I doubt it, they are eternally creative in finding a new “squirrel.”

ted c on October 19, 2012 at 8:00 PM

..wait’ll these two morons discover that they can use the red button to light up a posse of camel jockeys in the Libyan Desert and lay the blame for the Benghazi attack on them.

The War Planner on October 19, 2012 at 8:11 PM

As a nine-year survivor of breast cancer after three surgeries and the difficulties of overcoming various side affects of treatment, this behavior by Biden is the singular most repulsive thing I have every witnessed by a V.P.

Seriously, WTH is wrong with him?

GrannyDee on October 19, 2012 at 8:13 PM