Video: Romney roasts Obama at the Al Smith Dinner

posted at 10:01 pm on October 18, 2012 by Allahpundit

Via Mediaite, I haven’t watched the clip yet but I’m told Mitt killed. In fact, judging from the introductions, sounds like everyone killed:

When you’re done laughing, go read this. Another bunch of 2008 Obama supporters turns red. Exit quotation from O, describing Tingles’s reaction to the first debate: “I want to apologize to Chris Matthews. The first time I gave him a thrill up his leg, this time I gave him a stroke.”

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Your whiny tears nourish and sustain me.

Tim_CA on October 18, 2012 at 11:25 PM

Your hackneyed, juvenile taunts bore me.

Sleep tight everyone!
Bite the bedbugs!

chumpThreads on October 18, 2012 at 11:27 PM

Romney and Obama were very good.

I liked Romney, but that’s just the partisan in me.

This is the best I’ve seen Obama in years. Romney really was a little better, though.

jaime on October 18, 2012 at 11:28 PM

Your hackneyed, juvenile taunts bore me.

Sleep tight everyone!
Bite the bedbugs!

chumpThreads on October 18, 2012 at 11:27 PM

lol….obviously.

Tim_CA on October 18, 2012 at 11:29 PM

Romney beat Obama and he was very funny/daring.

Where was FLOTUS?

Schadenfreude on October 18, 2012 at 11:29 PM

“In the spirit of Sesame Street, President Obama’s appearance is brought to us tonight by the letter ‘O’ and the number 16 trillion.”

Loved.it.

Bitter Clinger on October 18, 2012 at 10:56 PM

I know I’ll get flamed for saying this (and I make these comments with an unblemished 4+ year record of openly criticizing 0bama and wishing him gone from DC), but I thought some of mitt’s jabs were just a little too sharp, including that one.

My wife, who shares my conservative political philosophy agrees. She sat next to me and winced at times during Romney’s bit. He started out good with the self-depreciating comments and ended on a positive note with some nice comments about 0bama’s family, but I have to say some of his comments were a little below the belt – and unpresidential.

He didn’t cause any damage, bit I don’t think he did himself any favors.

Flame away, folks.

UltimateBob on October 18, 2012 at 11:30 PM

I rip on the president constantly, but this time, i have to just give him credit, he was funny. He did a great job, and I hope it raised a ton of money for charity. Good on both men. I enjoyed both their routines enormously.

WashingtonsWake on October 18, 2012 at 11:31 PM

Tim_CA on October 18, 2012 at 11:04 PM
Resist We Much on October 18, 2012 at 11:16 PM

Really??

BigWyo on October 18, 2012 at 11:31 PM

Man, he just can’t lay off the coke-nose-thing, eh?

Midas on October 18, 2012 at 10:35 PM

What is the “coke nose thing”? I am going to watch again with no sound and try and see what you mean.

Mitt was funny.

Delsa on October 18, 2012 at 11:31 PM

I can’t get mine to play, but I heard it was hilarious. Is there any way to introduce all of Obama’s rallies as brought to you by the number 16 trillion?

talkingpoints on October 18, 2012 at 10:40 PM

Try this one on YouTube

Dasher on October 18, 2012 at 11:31 PM

Where was FLOTUS?

Schadenfreude on October 18, 2012 at 11:29 PM

lol….asked and answered:

She was clapping with a lobster in each hand.

HumpBot Salvation on October 18, 2012 at 10:38 PM

Tim_CA on October 18, 2012 at 11:32 PM

LukeinNE on October 18, 2012 at 11:25 PM

Oh jeez. He was self depreciating and then followed up with some good natured jabs. It’s not like he got up there and nailed Obama on Libya or something! What exactly did Romney say that was “unnecessarily nasty”?

I thought Obama did well too. I liked his line about Romney buying the shops (that was cute)… I thought his line about unemployment being at it’s lowest wasn’t effective, but it didn’t bother me particularly.

happytobehere on October 18, 2012 at 11:32 PM

Ultimate Bob, I really don’t think he even came that close to the line. Really, his remarks were pointed, but people are quite used to that and much much worse.

WashingtonsWake on October 18, 2012 at 11:32 PM

chumpThreads on October 18, 2012 at 11:27 PM

Let’s all get together for a nice chat on November 7th…what do ya say???

Di*khead.

BigWyo on October 18, 2012 at 11:32 PM

Best line of the night:
“I wish I could use my middle name.”

chumpThreads on October 18, 2012 at 10:12 PM

Yeah, that went over real well in that gathering.

Note that the cardinal left out the muzzies.

Schadenfreude on October 18, 2012 at 11:33 PM

he good news is, Romney’s not likely to appear at another Al Smith dinner.

chumpThreads on October 18, 2012 at 11:05 PM

Do you keep repeating that to keep yourself from smearing your own poop on the wall.

BigWyo on October 18, 2012 at 11:26 PM

Oh man, laughed so hard on that one. Just call me biden. On second thought, please don’t.

msupertas on October 18, 2012 at 11:33 PM

I actually liked Obama’s speech better. I thought Romney was unnecessarily nasty for a stage like this. Imo, self deprecation with a few good natured jabs at your opponent is the way to go here.

Obviously most of you disagree with me. To be clear: I want nothing more than to see Romney win, so its not a political agenda thing, its just a preference thing.

LukeinNE on October 18, 2012 at 11:25 PM

Well, I’m glad I’m not alone in feeling that way.

UltimateBob on October 18, 2012 at 11:33 PM

chumpThreads on October 18, 2012 at 11:19 PM

his simple defeat will not be enough for me personally

Rio Linda Refugee on October 18, 2012 at 11:33 PM

Best line of the night:
“I wish I could use my middle name.”

chumpThreads on October 18, 2012 at 10:12 PM

He did, after the 2008 election. If he’s not proud of it, then who s/b?

Schadenfreude on October 18, 2012 at 11:33 PM

By the way chump, the best line of the night.

The Presidents remarks tonight are brought to you by the letter O and the number sixteen trillion.

Bmore on October 18, 2012 at 10:57 PM

He mentioned Big Bird to set up this zinger. It was indeed the best line of the night.

I heard the whole thing on satellite radio in my car and was just roaring out loud at this and many other of Mitt’s lines. Glad it did not make me swerve off the road and hit something.

I am wondering whether Dennis Miller, who was just on the road with Mitt and his team, may have had a hand in crafting at least some of these killers. Mitt truly slayed ‘em tonight. It was a great example of how to really roast someone.

OneVision on October 18, 2012 at 11:34 PM

Loved.it.

Bitter Clinger on October 18, 2012 at 10:56 PM

He didn’t cause any damage, bit I don’t think he did himself any favors.

Flame away, folks.

UltimateBob on October 18, 2012 at 11:30 PM

I think Mitt had better speech writing… Dennis Miller perhaps.

Dasher on October 18, 2012 at 11:35 PM

She was clapping with a lobster in each hand.

HumpBot Salvation on October 18, 2012 at 10:38 PM

Tim_CA on October 18, 2012 at 11:32 PM

Bet she dropped a couple in that over-sized purse for that final trip to Hawaii.

msupertas on October 18, 2012 at 11:35 PM

This will go viral and seal it for Mitt.

Greek Fire on October 18, 2012 at 11:35 PM

Sheesh, I understand that people here hate the President and are rabid to see him defeated, but this was a charity dinner, not a cage death match.

chumpThreads on October 18, 2012 at 11:19 PM

Your whiny tears nourish and sustain me.

Tim_CA on October 18, 2012 at 11:25 PM

You know, I was going to say something, but then I thought…”oh, they’re just trying being charitable”.

Well F’that!

If we don’t get Romney in the WH come January, we’re all hosed.

And who know what this lame duck will do even if that happens?

ccrosby on October 18, 2012 at 11:35 PM

I thought they were both funny, although I would give Romney the edge on more funny jokes. They both had a few skewers of the other guy that I could have done without. Obama had the most cringe-worthy quote with his set-up of a foreign-policy joke:

“In 2008 I went overseas and they thought I was some kinda celebrity…”

Ego fail

I thought the best single joke was Obama’s: “Mitt is actually his middle name. Wish I could use my middle name.”

mdenis39 on October 18, 2012 at 11:36 PM

I could watch the clip of Romney over and over again. He was hilarious & nailed it.

redridinghood on October 18, 2012 at 11:36 PM

He didn’t cause any damage, bit I don’t think he did himself any favors.

Flame away, folks.

UltimateBob on October 18, 2012 at 11:30 PM

Times are different and this batch of subversives need to be ground into the soil with glee at every opportunity. flame away at me

Rio Linda Refugee on October 18, 2012 at 11:37 PM

Mathew’s so close to O.

He’ll either gun him down, or try to make love to him.

Goofball.

KirknBurker on October 18, 2012 at 11:38 PM

I had NO idea Romney had this much character. I was surprised. Over the last few months, Romney has shown that he’s a man of character, comfortable in his skin, and very Presidential. Good job Romney.

jjnco73 on October 18, 2012 at 11:38 PM

WashingtonsWake on October 18, 2012 at 11:32 PM

I just thought this would have been a good opportunity for both men to step off the campaign trail for just a few minutes and have some good natured fun.

Maybe Romney amped it up in anticipation of a nasty attack from 0bama, which was reasonable to expect. But that attack never came, and I have to applaud 0bama for that – for the first time in my life.

UltimateBob on October 18, 2012 at 11:39 PM

Even my liberal girlfriend thought Romney was funny (also that he won the second debate). Now only if she thought the Yankees post-season implosion was funny…

Shock the Monkey on October 18, 2012 at 11:39 PM

flame away at me

Rio Linda Refugee on October 18, 2012 at 11:37 PM

Naah, we’re all entitled to our opinions. :-)

UltimateBob on October 18, 2012 at 11:40 PM

UltimateBob on October 18, 2012 at 11:30 PM

You didn’t like the 16 trillion line, that’s okay, but to say it was below the belt and unpresidential is really inflated. It’s a Big Bird joke. It’s cute. Making fun of the President’s enormous deficit is not “unpresidential.”

It’s not like Romney even came in there and took some swings at Obama’s personality flaws. I thought he handled him with kid gloves. And he did it all with a smile.

happytobehere on October 18, 2012 at 11:42 PM

UltimateBob on October 18, 2012 at 11:39 PM

Sorry dude, I hear what your saying, but Romney owed him this and much more just for that “Romney killed my wife” cancer ad.

msupertas on October 18, 2012 at 11:42 PM

To those saying Mitt was too mean or whatever, chill out. Jeez. He poked at himself, at the prez, at the media, then concluded by being very complimentary to Obama, the same guy who accused him of killing a woman. It was all good natured.

changer1701 on October 18, 2012 at 11:43 PM

UltimateBob on October 18, 2012 at 11:39 PM

I’m not trying to flame you but what on earth are you talking about? It was good natured. It wasn’t some amped up nasty attack from Romney. Nothing Romney said was any more nasty than Obama’s joke about Romney buying stores instead of shopping at them (also a funny good natured joke, btw).

happytobehere on October 18, 2012 at 11:45 PM

jjnco73 on October 18, 2012 at 11:38 PM

He may not be the most comfortable guy in the room, but he sure came off as presidential in his debates and not the two-dimensional guy.

The campaigning this time around seems to have pulled him out of his skin.

Let’s hope he is ready and eager for four years of cage-fighting…

because that is how it is gonna be.

We on the right will be just as tough on him trying desperately to keep his policies and those of Congress right of center.

He won’t stop the gradual decline but may slow it down and stop it.

That may give us time to bring up Ryan, Jindal, Walker, Rand Paul, or five-cub clubber Liz Cheney in ’16 or ’20.

Baby steps, but all great journeys begin with that first one.

KirknBurker on October 18, 2012 at 11:46 PM

ccrosby on October 18, 2012 at 11:35 PM

lol, exactly…when a liberal turns into a whiny little concern troll…you KNOW you hit ‘em where it hurts.

Tim_CA on October 18, 2012 at 11:47 PM

any lsm bashing of mitt yet tonight? i’m expecting bashing at the top of every hour on both cnn and msdnc tomorrow, all day long…

cmsinaz on October 18, 2012 at 11:47 PM

I think that some of our more liberal friends just watched Romney upstage the President again. Therefore, the reaction is predictable.

jjnco73 on October 18, 2012 at 11:49 PM

Naah, we’re all entitled to our opinions. :-)

UltimateBob on October 18, 2012 at 11:40 PM

October 2000: Gore vs. Bush

Compare and contrast. They are both just as cutting in their remarks.

JPeterman on October 18, 2012 at 11:50 PM

UltimateBob on October 18, 2012 at 11:39 PM

I think his delivery was perfect..he was gracious to his hosts, his zingers were right on the mark…and he now has the sitting worthless president absolutely SEETHING the weekend before the final debate.

Props Mitt.

You impress me more each day.

Tim_CA on October 18, 2012 at 11:51 PM

McCain in 2008 at this thing was better than Romney or Obama. Watch it and you’ll agree.

lorien1973 on October 18, 2012 at 11:52 PM

Man, he just can’t lay off the coke-nose-thing, eh?

Midas on October 18, 2012 at 10:35 PM

How else would he make it through an event like this one? Having to smile a lot and gladhand with all these people that he hates?

slickwillie2001 on October 18, 2012 at 11:52 PM

The good news is, Romney’s not likely to appear at another Al Smith dinner.

chumpThreads on October 18, 2012 at 11:05 PM

Thank you for the laugh of the day, you poor thing.

Everyone buy stocks in Kleenex and toilet paper.

Schadenfreude on October 18, 2012 at 11:53 PM

Has anyone ever looked more presidential than Mitt Romney?

I’m really starting to like the guy.

When he said something about his debate prep was to refrain from drinking alcohol for 65 years—I almost spit my beer out.
The discipline that man must have!

It will be nice to have a grown man with a serious attitude in the Oval Office again. Maybe I’m getting my hopes up but he reminds me of Reagan–I loved Reagan.

bailey24 on October 18, 2012 at 11:53 PM

slickwillie2001 on October 18, 2012 at 11:52 PM

Got into Joe’s debate leftovers.

Tim_CA on October 18, 2012 at 11:54 PM

Watched Romney again & his closing won over many Catholics.

workingclass artist on October 18, 2012 at 11:54 PM

Romney was hilarious! Watched it 3x…LOL

Obama was so-so, just looked tired; poor delivery with weaker material.

Norwegian on October 18, 2012 at 11:54 PM

This is soooooo much better than, “Obama’s a nice guy but he’s in over his head.”

redridinghood on October 18, 2012 at 11:55 PM

redridinghood on October 18, 2012 at 11:55 PM

Perfect.

Tim_CA on October 18, 2012 at 11:56 PM

Mitt knocked it out of the park!

redridinghood on October 18, 2012 at 11:57 PM

Baby steps, but all great journeys begin with that first one.

KirknBurker on October 18, 2012 at 11:46 PM

Which is why as I have said:

Mr. Romney,
Announce your Cabinet

America is a little sick of this CZAR nonsense.

seesalrun2 on October 18, 2012 at 11:58 PM

katie couric didn’t like the media joke

lololol

his lsm headllines are SPOT ON…

tingles actually laughing at mitt’s jokes…i’m sure he’ll be bashing him tomorrow…

how can couric and matthews be there when they are prochoice…boggles the mind…

cmsinaz on October 18, 2012 at 11:58 PM

Thank you for the laugh of the day, you poor thing.

Everyone buy stocks in Kleenex and toilet paper.

Schadenfreude on October 18, 2012 at 11:53 PM

…and hurt-butt salve.

slickwillie2001 on October 18, 2012 at 11:59 PM

Levin is going to have a friggin’ RIOT with this tape tomorrow.

Tim_CA on October 18, 2012 at 11:59 PM

Watched it live on Hannity and Romney did kill it and they were zingers. If you weren’t sure, the whiny crybaby reaction from the pathetic slimestreamers confirms it. It’s gonna be so nice to finally have a president–and one I can actually listen to.

stukinIL4now on October 18, 2012 at 11:59 PM

Rush is going to have blast with this tomorrow.

Cody1991 on October 19, 2012 at 12:02 AM

Being someone that supported Ginginch during the primary, I see why Romney was the perfect candidate this election cycle. This may sound crazy but, thank you guys for bring Romney to us with your support. As I get older, I hope that I leave this earth with half the character that Mitt Romney possess. I will be doing just fine then. What a class act.

jjnco73 on October 19, 2012 at 12:05 AM

happytobehere on October 18, 2012 at 11:45 PM

The reference to redistribution.
The reference to “you didn’t build that”
The references to this being 0bama’s last couple of months in office.

There were groans from the audience when he said some of these lines. He could have left all that out and been just as funny. Now, if he would have taken some serious jabs at Matthews, that would have been great.

I thought his best line was about debate preparation : Refrain from alcohol for 65 years. Now THAT was funny.

Just my opinion. Keep it clean, don’t stoop to Zero’s level.

UltimateBob on October 19, 2012 at 12:06 AM

Seriously, there is no “line” to cross with this disgusting Chicago Machine crowd. Obama’s inner circle of Cutter, Jarret, Axelrod, Rahm, Gibbs, Plouffe, Messina, Carney, they are the LOWEST, most despicable, gutter snipes I’ve ever witnessed in politics. NOTHING, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING is below them. IMO, Mitt didn’t go hard enough on Obama and his dirtbag henchmen!
Suddenly, these lowlifes that would call their own Mothers “LIARS” and “MURDERERS” want the Queensberry Rules? KISS MY ASS!
They called Mitt:
Liar
Tax evader
Vulture Capitalist who hates poor people
Racist
Murderer
Felon
Woman Hater
Extremist
Religious Nut/Cult member
Cancer causer
Called his wife a “rich bitch who never worked a day in her life”
A “trophy wife”
Marie Antoinette
Made fun of his sons
His religion…

Classy group you got there Obama…

I give Mitt credit for just being in the same room with that Alinsky-loving Chicago commie without spitting in his face.
Mitt was Presidential, classy, dignified and funny…Obama was, boring, tired looking, egotistical, snarky and looked like he didn’t want to be there, as if it was somehow beneath him.

EXCELLENT JOB PRESIDENT ROMNEY!

Strike Hornet on October 19, 2012 at 12:06 AM

jjnco73 on October 19, 2012 at 12:05 AM

lol…let’s not reward the nobel prize before its earned this time.

trust…but verify a wise man once said.

Tim_CA on October 19, 2012 at 12:08 AM

lorien1973 on October 18, 2012 at 11:52 PM

Just watched McCain’s 2008 one. He was funny. But it made me sad. He really wanted to lose to Obama, it’s palpable in the video.

happytobehere on October 19, 2012 at 12:08 AM

jjnco73 on October 19, 2012 at 12:05 AM

You’re very welcome!

For the record, I supported Mitt before it was cool. I’ve had a vintage 2008 Romney for President sign that I displayed in front of my house this fall. (Yup, I saved it for these past 4 years for just this purpose.) That one got too weather-beaten a couple of weeks ago, so I updated it with the current Romney/Ryan yard sign.

OneVision on October 19, 2012 at 12:10 AM

You can tell Obama is pissed when Romney delivered his “tonight is brought to you by the letter O and the number 16,000,000,000″ line. *sips coffee*

THAT’S NOT FUNNY, DAMMIT!

Christien on October 19, 2012 at 12:13 AM

You’re very welcome!

OneVision on October 19, 2012 at 12:10 AM

Now, lets finish the job and save America! Im ready! You ready!

jjnco73 on October 19, 2012 at 12:13 AM

The good news is, Romney’s not likely to appear at another Al Smith dinner.

chumpThreads on October 18, 2012 at 11:05 PM

Al Smith is dying?

newtopia on October 19, 2012 at 12:13 AM

Best line of the night:
“I wish I could use my middle name.”

chumpThreads on October 18, 2012 at 10:12 PM

Really, it’s his sycophant media supporters that pushed using his middle name as being some kind of dog whistle.

What a self-centered cry-fwording baby.

hawkdriver on October 19, 2012 at 12:13 AM

chumpThreads on October 18, 2012 at 11:19 PM

This from a card carrying member of the “Bush Derangement Syndrome Party”…
Too funny…LOL

Strike Hornet on October 19, 2012 at 12:14 AM

Just my opinion. Keep it clean, don’t stoop to Zero’s level.

UltimateBob on October 19, 2012 at 12:06 AM

Just MY opinion…..QUIT WHINING Bob!!!!

I’m betting “Yo quiero Taco Bell” probably offended you too?

Katfish on October 19, 2012 at 12:15 AM

jjnco73 on October 19, 2012 at 12:13 AM

You betcha. Onward and upward! Forward, march!

OneVision on October 19, 2012 at 12:15 AM

THAT’S NOT FUNNY, DAMMIT!

Christien on October 19, 2012 at 12:13 AM

Little Bammie, to Moochie, on the way home to the White House: “what was that sixteen trillion all about? What’s the significance of that number anyway?”

slickwillie2001 on October 19, 2012 at 12:17 AM

Just my opinion. Keep it clean, don’t stoop to Zero’s level.

UltimateBob on October 19, 2012 at 12:06 AM

You’ve got some pretty high standards of “clean” humor, dude. Taking all the teeth out of your humor makes it not funny. Besides, all the jokes were light hearted. Romney could have been much more deeply cutting, but that’s not in the spirit of the occasion.

I understand it’s just your opinion… And actually it would have been amazing if Romney completely ignored Obama throughout and didn’t have a single joke about him… now that would have been nasty.

happytobehere on October 19, 2012 at 12:17 AM

Mitt took advantage of the setting with little downside risk.

No one is going fuss, beyond liberals, that Mitt goofed a little harder on the President than himself. Go ahead and scourer the MSM interwebs and you’ll see that even they can’t make hay out of this.

But…

What this did do was give Mitt and opportunity to gin up the base via Talk Radio…and he served up their talking points for the next day and, Team Mitt hopes, to boost early voting.

newtopia on October 19, 2012 at 12:17 AM

What a self-centered cry-fwording baby.

hawkdriver on October 19, 2012 at 12:13 AM

In the runup to the 2008 election, just using his middle name here at HA was considered banworthy.

slickwillie2001 on October 19, 2012 at 12:19 AM

Romney was much funnier than I think anyone expected him to be, and had great material. He should be using these lines at campaign rallies everywhere, because they humorously destroy the president’s pretenses.

And yet, that’s exactly why they were not so appropriate here. The humor was just too pointed for this kind of event.

Obama did have some good lines, though. He didn’t deliver them as well, but then he’s never been especially good at that kind of thing.

There Goes The Neighborhood on October 19, 2012 at 12:19 AM

I don’t want Romney for president.

I want him for the next great TV sitcom!

Shy Guy on October 19, 2012 at 12:19 AM

What a self-centered cry-fwording baby.

hawkdriver on October 19, 2012 at 12:13 AM

nicely done…subtle yet at the same time obvious.

(might borrow this from time to time)

Tim_CA on October 19, 2012 at 12:19 AM

slickwillie2001 on October 19, 2012 at 12:17 AM

Bammie: “Oh, that’s right, the number I didn’t know when Letterman asked me.”

OneVision on October 19, 2012 at 12:21 AM

slickwillie2001 on October 19, 2012 at 12:17 AM

LOL…I forgot three zeroes. 000ps!

Christien on October 19, 2012 at 12:21 AM

I’m betting “Yo quiero Taco Bell” probably offended you too?

Katfish on October 19, 2012 at 12:15 AM

It didn’t you?

ccrosby on October 19, 2012 at 12:22 AM

slickwillie2001 on October 19, 2012 at 12:17 AM

Just in from Las Vegas:

The over/under on “the number of lobsters stuffed into mooch’s purse” is 5.

Tim_CA on October 19, 2012 at 12:22 AM

the fourth rule carries within it the fifth rule: Ridicule is man’s most potent weapon.

…the sixth rule is: A good tactic is one that your people enjoy

happytobehere on October 19, 2012 at 12:22 AM

bailey24 on October 18, 2012 at 11:53 PM

His delivery was very reminiscent of Reagan on those Dean Martin roasts. I thought he had a few too many jabs at Obama (considering it’s not an official roast of the President), but he also had more laugh out loud lines than Obama (who did just fine himself).

His jab at the media was hilarious biting humor and he had the line of the night suggesting he and Anne wear tuxedos around the house, lol.

Daemonocracy on October 19, 2012 at 12:23 AM

“The President’s remarks are brought to you by the letter O and the number 16 trillion”.

hawksruleva on October 19, 2012 at 12:23 AM

UltimateBob on October 19, 2012 at 12:06 AM

Yeah, yeah, and Hogan’s Heroes should have been nicer to adolph. Whatever.

Ronnie on October 19, 2012 at 12:24 AM

One of my favorite lines from Romney was the one near the end about unborn children.
It wasn’t a joke. It was a hard fastball thrown high and tight towards Obama and liberal Catholics who look the other way and let politics jusitfy their hypocracy on the issue.

MichaelGabriel on October 19, 2012 at 12:26 AM

Just in from Las Vegas:

The over/under on “the number of lobsters stuffed into mooch’s purse” is 5.

Tim_CA on October 19, 2012 at 12:22 AM

You know, if we keep this up, she’s going to become disappointed in her country again.

Next…

ccrosby on October 19, 2012 at 12:27 AM

The humor was just too pointed for this kind of event.

There Goes The Neighborhood on October 19, 2012 at 12:19 AM

I completely disagree. The humor was awesome. Besides, we must do everything to ridicule obama and his supporters at every opportunity. I’m happy Romney was up to the challenge.

The fact that Romney pulled this off without seeming rude or mean is fantastic. The crowd loved it.

happytobehere on October 19, 2012 at 12:28 AM

Some of you actually thought O was funny? I’m not sure I laughed even once… All he could talk about as usual was himself. Even when he had a chance to poke fun at Romney, he talked about and tried to joke about, himself. FAIL. Romney’s will be a viral hit. Obama’s feels like a virus hit.

TheAudacityofNOPE on October 19, 2012 at 12:30 AM

Mitt Romney destroys yet another false media narrative. The one that said he was stiff and unlikeable.

TarheelBen on October 19, 2012 at 12:36 AM

There are quite a few posts here about Mitt not playing by the rules at the dinner. Perhaps those people who think Mitt didn’t played by the rules should look at how Barry doesn’t play by the rules – you know that little set of rules called the Constitution. What about Barry’s czars, immigration waivers, welfare waivers, Obamacare TAX, asking govt. contractors break the law and delay layoff notices from sequestration cuts, etc. Perhaps if Barry obeyed the written rules (i.e., the Constitution), Mitt might be a little more inclined to obey the unwritten ones.

suburbanite on October 19, 2012 at 12:36 AM

I loved that Chris Matthews had to sit behind him. He’s been calling him an android for some time now. Mitt delivered quite well.

rubberneck on October 19, 2012 at 12:39 AM

TheAudacityofNOPE on October 19, 2012 at 12:30 AM

No question, O didn’t come close to slaying the crowd like Mitt did, but IMHO the O did have some funny moments, poking fun at Biden as well as himself.

You almost have to wonder how it is that the same person who spoke such good-natured, self-deprecating jokes could have run what history will see as one of the most vile, mean-spirited, and divisive Presidential campaigns in our nation’s history. Duality of personality, perhaps, combined with the blind hatred of conservatives by those puppetmasters who’ve pulled Obozo’s strings since Day 1.

OneVision on October 19, 2012 at 12:42 AM

chumpThreads

I bet you think Michelle Obama beat Ann Romney in their debate last night too, don’t you?

xblade on October 19, 2012 at 12:42 AM

katie couric didn’t like the media joke

cmsinaz on October 18, 2012 at 11:58 PM

I am so glad I watched this during Hannity. Fox had their “Fox Alert” bar down at the bottom there, so I didn’t have to see her biased face reacting to Romney and swooning at Obama(Which I don’t know if she did anyway because I turned it when Obama came on. Can’t stand to listen to him any longer.)
I still remember seeing the panic and hate in her eyes when she was announcing that Bush had won re-election.

Sterling Holobyte on October 19, 2012 at 12:43 AM

Just in from Las Vegas:

The over/under on “the number of lobsters stuffed into mooch’s purse” is 5.

Tim_CA on October 19, 2012 at 12:22 AM

Next…

ccrosby on October 19, 2012 at 12:27 AM

Bit of a controversy now….the final count is 4 full lobsters, 2 lobster tails (the 6 rolls, 7 pats of butter and table floral arrangement took up valuable space).

We’re waiting for a decision by the judges.

Tim_CA on October 19, 2012 at 12:47 AM

Cardinal Dolan’s Remarks and benediction

workingclass artist on October 19, 2012 at 12:48 AM

Daily Mail has an article on the monologues from the dinner. The article doesn’t even hint that Mitt’s comments were untoward. However, I’m sure it’ll change in the morning once the liberal talking heads start bashing Mitt and DM feels obligated to toe the line.

suburbanite on October 19, 2012 at 12:57 AM

WashingtonsWake on October 18, 2012 at 11:32 PM

UltimateBob on October 18, 2012 at 11:39 PM
</blockquote

I applaud Obama for nothing. He is a leftie progressive/marxist/socialist/communist who is hell bent on
destroying this country.

Mitt should put a boot to his neck. And he did so in reminding anyone
who was watching that Obama brought this country to
16 trillion in debt, etc. etc. etc. A little snark goes a long
way in keeping the pressure on.

Now is not the time to be mamby pamby nicey nice. An election and
this country's future is at stake. Romney can play nice with
him after Obama is defeated.

Amjean on October 19, 2012 at 12:57 AM