The War on Bacon

posted at 6:01 pm on October 18, 2012 by Mary Katharine Ham

Welcome! Let us explain.

Kelly Maher of Revealing Politics and I are doing a little talk show for 30-45 minutes, here, at 6:15 p.m. every day. We named it The War on Bacon. We figure, since the government is after trans fats, big sodas, salt, and most other sinfully delicious things, it won’t be long before they zero in on our favorite— bacon. So, as fans of pork products— how could I not be?— we are here to fight for it, in the most crucial fight of our time— The War on Bacon. Join the ranks of the Baconators and fight with us!

We talk a lot of politics, a bit of culture, a splash of sports, and in the end, strive to be a show Ron Swanson would want to watch.

Kelly Katharine-Ham 6:12 PM

Mary Katharine Ham of HotAir.com and Kelly Maher of RevealingPolitics.com discuss politics, culture, and all kinds of other randomness. A good happy hour timed show, please join us live every day at 6:15 EST.

Running a few minutes late, but here in a few!

Comments

I’m hungry… where’s ma BACON…… ;p

SWalker on October 18, 2012 at 6:03 PM

I’m here . . . . . somewhere.

listens2glenn on October 18, 2012 at 6:04 PM

The bacon t-shirt!

HAExpert on October 18, 2012 at 6:07 PM

“Let bacon be cooked though the heavens should fall.”

whatcat on October 18, 2012 at 6:08 PM

Day after day – talking about bacon. That doesn’t sound like a winning script, girls.

platypus on October 18, 2012 at 6:09 PM

/ (in case it’s needed)

platypus on October 18, 2012 at 6:09 PM

What’s that sizzling sound?

nitzsche on October 18, 2012 at 6:12 PM

I just have to say this :
Beautiful smart women , creepy photo .
Thank you for your indulgence .

Lucano on October 18, 2012 at 6:13 PM

God god girls… hurry up…. Don’t you know I need to take my afternoon nap soon… ;p

SWalker on October 18, 2012 at 6:14 PM

What’s wrong, ladies, are you having trouble getting out of the binder?

TXUS on October 18, 2012 at 6:17 PM

Please change the photo MKH it is not very flattering.

Brat on October 18, 2012 at 6:18 PM

The War On Meat Candy

FlatFoot on October 18, 2012 at 6:53 PM

This is addressed to Mary Katharine. I have spoken of this before. And honestly, I’m not a stalker or anything like that, but please leave your luscious, walnut-hued, hormone-scented hair alone. I would love nothing better than to take a handful of your gorgeous locks and bury my face in it. But that’s beside the point. I keep waiting for you to blush your cheeks or touch up your (smashing) lips in the reflection of your laptop. How am I supposed to focus on your brilliant insights? And they are just that. I mean, almost all the time.

I don’t watch t.v. anymore, but maybe I should check in on O’Reilly to see if you toss your hair about like Christy Brinkley on his show. But that would require me to watch Bill O’Reilly, and like I said, I’m not a stalker.

Anyway, I had to get that off my chest. I remain a faithful WOBber. Despite the lousy technicals.

P.S., I googled ladies hair ties and came up with this:

minnesoter on October 18, 2012 at 8:04 PM

Mary… The ad on HotAir is samo every single day… You need to freshen it… the same pic every day implies there’s nothing new…
…and…even suggests it is the SAME show every day… Get a little creative to lure people to click onto that link…best from Bkk…

tip on October 19, 2012 at 1:10 AM