Quotes of the day

posted at 10:41 pm on October 18, 2012 by Allahpundit

In the hours after the debate, Democrats began making fun of Romney for saying that as governor he had gotten “binders full of women” to find qualified appointees — a comment they would never have criticized, or even noticed, had it been said by one of their own. Almost nobody objects to making a special effort to find qualified women to apply for important positions, and Romney’s phrasing was not even especially awkward. The attempt to manufacture an example of Romney’s condescension or cluelessness is evidence of how much more deeply invested the Obama campaign is in its “war” than in America’s actual wars…

Romney’s best moment in the campaign was the first debate, after which his poll numbers jumped among men and women alike. He made no gender-based appeal in that debate at all. Instead, he concentrated on making the case that he would be a better president than Obama, and in particular that his agenda would be better than Obama’s when it comes to wages, job creation, energy prices, and health care. He should learn from that success — and worry not about the Democrats’ binders full of talking points.

***

[T]he best sign for Romney may have actually been the the Obama campaign’s decision to make the main takeaway Tuesday’s debate Romney’s comment that he received “binders full of women” when he was trying to hire females to top positions as governor of Massachusetts.

The fact that Obama is making an issue of this suggests to me that his campaign is increasingly worried about signs that Romney is closing the gender gap, which would mean lights out for his reelection given Romney’s advantages among male voters.

It’s hard to see what argument Obama is advancing here, however. The attack isn’t even that Romney didn’t hire enough women as governor. It’s that he had to consult a binder prepared by a women’s group to find more female candidates when he wanted to hire more women. Is the suggestion that if he cared about women more he would have just hired his friends and associates rather than draw from a wider applicant pool?

***

Let’s assume for the sake of argument that Romney loses women on Nov. 6 by 8.5 points — his average deficit in those three polls among registered voters. (His average deficit among likely voters in those same three polls was 7 points.)

That would be a better showing among women than John McCain made in 2008 (lost women by 13), George Bush made in 2000 (lost women by 11) and Bob Dole made in 1996 (lost women by 16). It would be roughly equal to the eight-point margin that George H.W. Bush lost women to Bill Clinton in 1992.

So, for all of the chatter about Romney’s women problems, he is currently positioned to do as well or better than every Republican presidential candidate among female voters save one: George W. Bush in 2004 who lost among women by just three points to Massachusetts Sen. John Kerry.

***

In the last half a dozen years, voters have responded more to events, emerging issues, and leaders’ strengths and weaknesses. Many switched parties to vote for Obama. Some, many of them women, are switching now to vote for Romney.

Women tend to be more risk-averse than men, and the gender gap grew when Reagan Republicans were depicted as scaling back welfare-state protections.

The debates may have shifted the perception of risk. The downcast Obama and the cackling Biden may have sounded dangerously risky. Many women may have felt, as my e-mail friend’s wife said last winter, that they would feel safe if Romney were in charge.

Readers who watched Tuesday’s debate can judge whether that still holds.

***

Most often, when President Reagan wanted to fill a senior administration position, including cabinet and sub-cabinet positions, top agency posts, and judicial positions, we would put together a binder filled with qualified candidates, as well as recommendations, from which the president would select a candidate.

So, I have a question: how, exactly, did and does Obama decide who to appoint to over 3,000 non-career positions in his administration, including his senior positions? How does his Office of Presidential Personnel recruit candidates? How does it process and collate resumes and present options to the president for selecting candidates for top posts? And if President Obama is not presented with a binder of qualified candidates, exactly how does he make his decisions?

***

Via News Busters.

***

Click the image to watch.

***

Via the Daily Rushbo.

***

Women’s activist Erica Payne argued that Romney sounded like he was looking for women to add to his harem and called the comment “moderately offensive,” though she did admit to agreeing with the concept of the program. Payne said that Romney used the “smoke screen” of the binders to claim that he hired a large number of women during his gubernatorial tenure.

O’Reilly continued saying Payne’s viewpoint was crazy, saying that liberals are being too partisan in going after Romney for a “good thing” he did just because he “used the word ‘binder.’” Murphy said many women’s rights groups are less interested in women’s rights than being “shill groups” for the Democratic party. Payne pushed back against Murphy and said she doesn’t want to be treated like a “second-class citizen.”

Comments

Comment pages: 1 3 4 5 6

Anybody come across the autopsy report for Stevens? Was he sodomized before or after he was dead? Cause of death?

Does the whitehouse and state dept have this information?

We don’t.

Maybe Stevens was killed from a grassy knoll.

wolly4321 on October 19, 2012 at 1:32 AM

I’d personally rather not know.

However, if the revelation of those details would make someone, anyone treat this like the outrage it is by a bunch of heathen neanderthals…..

Eh, who am I kidding? It won’t. Not yet.

We still treat every vicious act of terror against us by the Muslim world as a “tragedy.”

I fear it will take far more horrendous acts (and losses of freedom) before this changes in the Western world.

Hawkins1701 on October 19, 2012 at 1:41 AM

SWalker on October 19, 2012 at 1:40 AM

You could very well be correct, but I found this somewhat disturbing:

My ‘visual’ of the Bmore household:

@ 1,000 and 2,000– cursing the spouse and kicking the dog

jaime on October 19, 2012 at 1:42 AM

This binder thing is what the dems are using down the stretch? /sux. I guess this thing is pretty much over.

BoxHead1 on October 19, 2012 at 1:43 AM

Jackie, I have been looking for a good visual and audio example of Ricky’s work with missing strings. I’m on the iPad thingy and it doesn’t have as many to look through. I will find one tomorrow to share the following QOTD. Same thing with him though. It gave them the sound.

Bmore on October 19, 2012 at 1:48 AM

Some folks think of Zep they think of Plant or Page, not me, I think that sound came more from the drum kit. The drum was what welded all of it together in a cohesive sound. Unique.

Bmore on October 19, 2012 at 1:50 AM

SWalker on October 19, 2012 at 1:40 AM

You could very well be correct, but I found this somewhat disturbing:

My ‘visual’ of the Bmore household:

@ 1,000 and 2,000– cursing the spouse and kicking the dog

jaime on October 19, 2012 at 1:42 AM

Sorry, you guys could be right, but I just don’t see it, and as a former Rock Star, I have had actual real life stalker before, their isn’t anything funny or amusing about them. Usually real stalkers say things that the individual they are stalking is intimately familiar with, it’s how they “Prove” the validity of their relationship with who they are stalking.

SWalker on October 19, 2012 at 1:51 AM

BoxHead1 on October 19, 2012 at 1:43 AM

Remarkable isn’t it. It’s like they aren’t up to it. They don’t want it bad enough to work hard.

Bmore on October 19, 2012 at 1:52 AM

Ok, I’m all out of Earl Gray and it’s time for this old fart to turn into a pumpkin… Night everyone… ;)

SWalker on October 19, 2012 at 1:55 AM

BAM: http://t.co/Upuwshnz

Now if that doesn’t say First Couple, I don’t know what does.

andy85719 on October 19, 2012 at 1:21 AM

thanks for sharing the pic!

Evening all. Sorry to interrupt. What am I doing up at this hour?

CoffeeLover on October 19, 2012 at 1:55 AM

Bmore on October 19, 2012 at 1:50 AM

Yes. The syncopated beat definitely set Zepplin apart from the other bands. Bonham was unique in that sense. I agree with you. The quality of Page’s playing and the writing were also key elements.

I’m looking forward to the clip of Ricky’s playing. A treat.:)

thatsafactjack on October 19, 2012 at 1:56 AM

SWalker on October 19, 2012 at 1:51 AM

Sock crossed my mind. I do seem to have a nack for collecting them. Besides everyone here who knows me, knows I don’t have a dog. I’d like to have one. A Bay retriever to be precise.

Bmore on October 19, 2012 at 1:56 AM

SWalker on October 19, 2012 at 1:55 AM

Goodnight, Walker. Sleep well.

thatsafactjack on October 19, 2012 at 1:57 AM

CoffeeLover, maybe it’s the coffee?

Bmore on October 19, 2012 at 1:58 AM

Good Night SWalker, Sleep Well.

Bmore on October 19, 2012 at 1:59 AM

Bmore on October 19, 2012 at 1:56 AM

For the record, I never said ‘stalker’. I was thinking more along the line of rude jerk. The individual was actually rude to you and to me. He posted that to me.

If it was some misguided effort to ‘fit in’ as Walker suggested, I would suggest that this person refrain from insulting my friends in posts to me, and perhaps consider a friendlier and more polite course to achieve that goal.

thatsafactjack on October 19, 2012 at 2:00 AM

SWalker on October 19, 2012 at 1:40 AM

Your comment makes sense. I’ll add to it that socalcon has been around for a while, and I can’t recall anything from the past that seemed worrisome. I’d just ask him what he meant.

INC on October 19, 2012 at 2:00 AM

lol Bmore…..don’t laugh but I was helping a friend respond to a FB posting from a friend’s friend who she doesn’t even know — or course, on politics….binders, women not having control of their bodies, how rude and obnoxious Romney is, etc… I’ll never understand the allure of FB or twitter????

CoffeeLover on October 19, 2012 at 2:01 AM

Amado Mio -

thatsafactjack on October 19, 2012 at 2:02 AM

So…I’ll just be over here…dancing. :)

thatsafactjack on October 19, 2012 at 2:03 AM

CoffeeLover on October 19, 2012 at 2:01 AM

; ) FB, I don’t/won’t do, but I sometimes think I might like to tweet. Tweeting looks fun, when Flora shares some from time to time, they are very funny.

Bmore on October 19, 2012 at 2:05 AM

So…I’ll just be over here…dancing. :)

thatsafactjack on October 19, 2012 at 2:03 AM

: )

Bmore on October 19, 2012 at 2:06 AM

Send Me An Angel- Scorpions

thatsafactjack on October 19, 2012 at 2:08 AM

I don’t do either FB or Twitter. LOL I couldn’t keep myself within the 140 characters on Twitter!

This is the second time with 2 different friends that they were all steamed and bothered by what people ended up putting on their page.

CoffeeLover on October 19, 2012 at 2:09 AM

Send Me An Angel- Scorpions

thatsafactjack on October 19, 2012 at 2:08 AM

nice one :)

CoffeeLover on October 19, 2012 at 2:10 AM

I got something today SparkPlug would enjoy. It’s called a Glypboard. It has symbols. Easy to copy and paste on the iPad thingy. All you do is touch the symbol you want, it copies, then you paste it here.

Bmore on October 19, 2012 at 2:10 AM

Or

Bmore on October 19, 2012 at 2:12 AM

CoffeeLover on October 19, 2012 at 2:10 AM

I’m glad you enjoy it. I like this version since it employs the orchestra and is acoustic. A more sophisticated and mature version of an already great tune.

thatsafactjack on October 19, 2012 at 2:12 AM

Bmore on October 19, 2012 at 2:12 AM

iSpark would be delighted, and that’s a fact. :)

thatsafactjack on October 19, 2012 at 2:13 AM

Or

And a bunch of others.

Bmore on October 19, 2012 at 2:13 AM

:) thatsafactjack———–love music. I just stink at titles/artists.

CoffeeLover on October 19, 2012 at 2:14 AM

Rhythm of Love – Scorpions

thatsafactjack on October 19, 2012 at 2:15 AM

Oh, I’m bound in stitches with this latest silliness from the excuse-making, sh*t-slinging Dhimmicrats and their media minions.

Is that the hint of a smile that I see at the corner of Eeyore’s legendary rhetorical frown?

If we don’t get an October Surprise (from the M.E. most likely, God forbid), a humpbot just won’t do.

I think we’ll need an Apple™-branded, feline quantum computer-generated humpbot on crack, with a 17 oz. soda-pop chaser.

hillbillyjim on October 19, 2012 at 2:15 AM

thatsafactjack on October 19, 2012 at 2:13 AM

Yep, thought of him when I got it. I know how much he enjoys stuff like that. Well, you staying up Jackie? I think I may crash.

Bmore on October 19, 2012 at 2:15 AM

SWalker on October 19, 2012 at 1:51 AM

Yes, I’m sure you could be right. However, I think with the nature of the comment an explanation from the commenter socalcon might be in order. But it’s not really for me to say. The comment was directed to Jackie and it was about Bmore, so I’m just giving an opinion. I’m not making any demands.

jaime on October 19, 2012 at 2:17 AM

VIDEO: Bruce Springsteen Performs Creepy Song About Obama At Campaign Rally, “Let’s Vote For The Man Who Got Osama/Forward!”…

CoffeeLover on October 19, 2012 at 2:17 AM

hillbillyjim on October 19, 2012 at 2:15 AM

Hey mountain man. Those Dims are a mess. ; )

Bmore on October 19, 2012 at 2:18 AM

Bmore on October 19, 2012 at 2:15 AM

As a matter of fact, B, I was thinking of posting one final tune and saying goodnight, myself. :)

thatsafactjack on October 19, 2012 at 2:18 AM

SWalker on October 19, 2012 at 1:55 AM

‘Nite SWalker (aka dorian, right?)

jaime on October 19, 2012 at 2:19 AM

I was thinking of posting one final tune and saying goodnight, myself. :)

thatsafactjack on October 19, 2012 at 2:18 AM

‘Nite Jackie

jaime on October 19, 2012 at 2:20 AM

nite — I may just make it to Red Eye :) ’til tomorrow all.

CoffeeLover on October 19, 2012 at 2:20 AM

I think I may crash.

Bmore on October 19, 2012 at 2:15 AM

‘Nite Bmore

jaime on October 19, 2012 at 2:21 AM

jaime on October 19, 2012 at 2:17 AM

Hellfire, it doesn’t bother me a bit. If he goes after any of the ladies, well, I don’t like that. I won’t cotton to him going after Jackie to get at me either. I’ll leave it lay for now. I responded, next move is up to him. At least I presume it’s a him. Lol!

Bmore on October 19, 2012 at 2:21 AM

Silvertown Blues – Mark Knopfler

I bid you all a goodnight. Its been a real pleasure, as always. See you soon.

thatsafactjack on October 19, 2012 at 2:21 AM

CoffeeLover on October 19, 2012 at 2:20 AM

‘Nite CoffeeLover

jaime on October 19, 2012 at 2:21 AM

jaime on October 19, 2012 at 1:35 AM

Its a deal. (:

*clink*

SparkPlug on October 19, 2012 at 2:22 AM

Bmore on October 19, 2012 at 1:50 AM

Nope. It was the binders. Duh.

Hey mountain man. Those Dims are a mess. ; )

Bmore on October 19, 2012 at 2:18 AM

Yup. They’re like a wounded animal, though. Now is when they’re most dangerous; I put nothing past them. We’ve got to keep the full-court press going until the polls close. Go and take someone, or hopefully many, to vote; talk to your co-workers, your brothers and sisters at church, your classmates, your bed-buddies, … whoever. We’ve got to win this one, and we need to win it big enough to have some sweeping coattails for the Senate races.

hillbillyjim on October 19, 2012 at 2:24 AM

Bmore on October 19, 2012 at 2:21 AM

OK

It’s really none of my business, anyway. I just noticed it last night but didn’t say anything then. Then it came up again tonight… But SWalker is probably right. It’s probably not an issue at all.

‘Nite Bmore

jaime on October 19, 2012 at 2:24 AM

Or

Bmore on October 19, 2012 at 2:12 AM

Kewl Glyph board. Now I can finally express my individualesness.

I will draw some crop Glyphs.

SparkPlug on October 19, 2012 at 2:25 AM

P.S. It’s good to see you in here some more, Gray Ghost!!!

hillbillyjim on October 19, 2012 at 2:26 AM

Okay.

Good Night All.

Bmore on October 19, 2012 at 2:27 AM

P.S. It’s good to see you in here some more, Gray Ghost!!!

hillbillyjim on October 19, 2012 at 2:26 AM

Mountain man, who’s Gray Ghost?

Bmore on October 19, 2012 at 2:29 AM

Its a deal. (:

*clink*

SparkPlug on October 19, 2012 at 2:22 AM

I’m looking forward to having a Magic Ball. Chicks really dig ‘em.

*clink*

jaime on October 19, 2012 at 2:29 AM

gotta go

‘Nite All

jaime on October 19, 2012 at 2:31 AM

Okay.

Good Night All.

Bmore on October 19, 2012 at 2:27 AM

Dude. Don’t run off.

Is it my breath?

I’ll chase my vodka with a tic-tac next time.

;>)

hillbillyjim on October 19, 2012 at 2:31 AM

Mountain man, who’s Gray Ghost?

Bmore on October 19, 2012 at 2:29 AM

SWalker knows. I’ll say no more.

hillbillyjim on October 19, 2012 at 2:32 AM

Good Night Jackie, Pleasant Dreams.

Good Night jaime, Sleep Well.

Bmore on October 19, 2012 at 2:33 AM

hillbillyjim on October 19, 2012 at 2:32 AM

Oh, I remember now. ; )

Good Night Mountain Man, Sleep Well.

Bmore on October 19, 2012 at 2:35 AM

If alien life exists we will find them on Facebook or Twitter. We will have to figure out what they are saying.

SparkPlug on October 19, 2012 at 2:38 AM

Soon the morning gang will feed us some good polling data.

SparkPlug on October 19, 2012 at 2:39 AM

Good Night Mountain Man, Sleep Well.

Bmore on October 19, 2012 at 2:35 AM

G’night, Bmore. Dream well.

hillbillyjim on October 19, 2012 at 2:42 AM

WHOOPI Goldberg is a nutter. Not Funny. Big Mouth. Ugly. Biased. Dishonest.

SparkPlug on October 19, 2012 at 2:42 AM

I’m just back from a breakfast downtown with members of a group of prominent Chicago blacks who informally call themselves “The Think Squad” (Thinkers, for short). What I’m about to tell you is straight from the source and uncensored…and incredibly shocking in many ways, particularly if you’re a Democrat who thinks blacks will always do what the party wants no matter what the party does to alienate blacks. The biggest unreported story in this election is the ANGER being directed at Democrats from not just the pulpits of black churches…but in the circles of black female friends who are often the “Big Mommas” to their families. These black women are furious with the Democrat Party and Barack Obama and are encouraging their families to just sit home on Election Day. Additionally, these Thinkers are now openly calling Obama “Bathhouse Barry” for the first time ever…which indicates the reports of Obama’s gay sexual activity in the sleazy Chicago bathhouse Man’s Country have saturated the electorate at this point. If “Big Mommas” are calling Obama a “punk” and a “cake boy”, it’s on like Donkey Kong, folks.

Got this at hillbuzz.

Read more http://hillbuzz.org/

SparkPlug on October 19, 2012 at 2:45 AM

Binder is the new squirrel.

pat on October 19, 2012 at 2:50 AM

Binder is the new squirrel.

pat on October 19, 2012 at 2:50 AM

I question the timing.

hillbillyjim on October 19, 2012 at 2:58 AM

More proof that Libs are mad hatters. They are clinging to the binders comment, trying to play the gender card.

Gender baiting and race baiting is all they know. They act like freaks without embarrassment.

They leave a trail of destruction where ever they hold power.

SparkPlug on October 19, 2012 at 3:10 AM

i certainly hope romney wins, because there isn’t any chance for Rs to take the Senate.

that’s a real set back, imho. it basically ratifies barry.care. jam it down people’s throat..yeah, you’ll lose a couple of senators in the short term, but people are pretty stupid, they’ll forget..and Learn to Love Obama

there are too many hard left states. ME, NY, IL, CA, MA and the list goes on. We have shop worn pols (VA, WI) on our side…we have some dynastic candidate in FL…and a contest between a fruitcake and a crook in MO

maybe Rs will gain 1 seat..maybe 2 if lucky (net)

we’ll be staring at harry for a long time.

r keller on October 19, 2012 at 3:15 AM

we’ll be staring at harry for a long time.

r keller on October 19, 2012 at 3:15 AM

hillbillyjim on October 19, 2012 at 3:38 AM

If you guys will put up with one more comment on Ann Romney’s gown… :)

I really like the way the black and white works together on them and how the contrast plays off of each other. I would guess that most of the women were in a variety of colors or all black, and as a couple together in black and white, this would have been a rather dramatic contrast.

It reminded me of when I lived in the Chicago are, and I was able to see a performance of the NYC Ballet. Strauss waltzes were used for music in the first part of the program. For one waltz the men wore white tie and tails, and the women were in long white evening dresses. It was absolutely lovely. For another waltz the men were wearing military uniforms of different colors, and the women wore evening dresses in a variety of colors. The music, the dancing, and the beauty of their costumes was as incredible combination.

That beautiful visual picture stayed with me and influenced my choices for my wedding. When I was married the men wore white tie and tails, and not only did I wear white, but all the bridesmaids did as well. The color was in the faces and the flowers. I loved the contrast and the way the entire group looked together.

INC on October 19, 2012 at 4:00 AM

They leave a trail of destruction where ever they hold power.

SparkPlug on October 19, 2012 at 3:10 AM

It is an illustration of their desperation. Most every woman I know, including the ones not yet in the workforce, are concerned with the job situation first and foremost. These lame attempts to gin up “women’s issues” at this point in time only serve to enlighten them to who is trying to use them for political points — and votes, and who is going to actually do something to create actual jobs that will further their goals and futures toward a better nation for ALL OF US. Everyone but the most craven are sick and tired of politicians, especially ones in office, trying to pit this group against that group in order to further their own careers and agendas.

hillbillyjim on October 19, 2012 at 4:21 AM

the fact that we are laughing in the lefts face over their recent attacks tells me all I need to know about the last legs of this election.

rob verdi on October 19, 2012 at 5:44 AM

what’s wrong with the word optimal?
-mika

idiot

cmsinaz on October 19, 2012 at 6:17 AM

cmsinaz on October 19, 2012 at 6:17 AM

I’ll tell her what’s wrong. My take.

kingsjester on October 19, 2012 at 6:30 AM

This is dumb…binders? Most people, and that includes all of us people with lady parts, are not going to know what these people are talking about.

The Democrats are treating women as if they were not really people, but voting vaginas. That does not go over well with a lot of us.

Terrye on October 19, 2012 at 6:39 AM

kingsjester on October 19, 2012 at 6:30 AM

oh yeah kj…oh yeah

binders-24/7 OUTRAGE
optimal-meh

cmsinaz on October 19, 2012 at 6:44 AM

cmsinaz on October 19, 2012 at 6:44 AM

What pathetic lightweight we have for president.

kingsjester on October 19, 2012 at 6:46 AM

kingsjester on October 19, 2012 at 6:46 AM

indeed

squish in chief

cmsinaz on October 19, 2012 at 6:50 AM

I sent an email to Erica Payne and told her that I was offended by her remarks myself. I am tired of being treated like a voting block by people such as herself. She does not speak for me.

Terrye on October 19, 2012 at 6:54 AM

The interesting thing — and the (slightly) worrisome thing, for Romney — is that the Obama campaign didn’t actually pick this one up and run with it so much as have it handed to them. it was out there even before the debate was over.

Romney has two problems here. First, it makes it look as though his inner circle/network is so women-free that he has to put out an SOS to find some to hire. And second, he looks so surprised that there were actual “binders full” of qualified women. Who knew?

And, yes, it’s common knowledge that the gender gap shrank after the first debate, so no wonder the Team Obama is riding this wave, making Mitt look condescending and clueless.

urban elitist on October 19, 2012 at 6:59 AM

Terrye on October 19, 2012 at 6:54 AM

cmsinaz on October 19, 2012 at 7:03 AM

urban elitist on October 19, 2012 at 6:59 AM

If you believe that the “Binders” meme has gained any traction among anyone but a portion of the 21% of Americans, like you, who identify themselves as “Liberals”, except for the purpose of derision, I’ve got 2 bridges over the Mississippi River at Memphis to sell you.

kingsjester on October 19, 2012 at 7:04 AM

urban elitist on October 19, 2012 at 6:59 AM

No..it does not make it look as if his inner circle is woman free…it makes it look as if he is hiring the most qualified people rather than someone in his inner circle and the whole thing is just stupid anyway. It really is..if you are so partisan that you can not understand that then there is no point in trying to explain it to you.

Terrye on October 19, 2012 at 7:04 AM

o’donnel not liking mitt’s peformance last night….
he had 8 jokes about obama and obama had 3 jokes about mitt

waaaaaaaaaa

cmsinaz on October 19, 2012 at 7:05 AM

Terrye on October 19, 2012 at 6:54 AM

cmsinaz on October 19, 2012 at 7:03 AM

You are very welcome.

Terrye on October 19, 2012 at 7:07 AM

nobody believes the gallup 7 point spread
-morning joe

cmsinaz on October 19, 2012 at 7:09 AM

Terrye on October 19, 2012 at 7:04 AM

The fact that he had to ask for help finding qualified women makes it look as if his Rolodex was a boys club. Where do you think top political jobs come from?

urban elitist on October 19, 2012 at 7:13 AM

Terrye on October 19, 2012 at 6:39 AM

It offensive because we vote with our LADY SMARTS, not our LADY PARTS!

Naturally Curly on October 19, 2012 at 7:15 AM

urban elitist on October 19, 2012 at 6:59 AM

Ha you keep thinking that.

wargamer6 on October 19, 2012 at 7:16 AM

urban elitist on October 19, 2012 at 6:59 AM

What are your feelings about the fact that in Obama’s WH, he pays his female “inner circle” under 80% of what he pays the males?

Night Owl on October 19, 2012 at 7:17 AM

urban elitist on October 19, 2012 at 7:13 AM

You mean like Obama’s 30-something “Czars”?

kingsjester on October 19, 2012 at 7:17 AM

urban elitist on October 19, 2012 at 7:13 AM

Or that his Rolodex was filled with people in a completely different area of expertise, since unlike Obama, he had a long successful career in the private sector? Why do you have to try to put the most negative spin on everything?

Night Owl on October 19, 2012 at 7:21 AM

From one of my local papers, The Ocala Star Banner, about Paul Ryan’s appearance yesterday.

About 1,500 enthusiastic Republicans packed into the square to hear Ryan’s speech.

The background of Ryan’s speech resonated with the jeers of about several dozen Democratic protesters across Broadway Street, who carried Obama signs and periodically shouted “four more years” and “Obama-Biden” in unison.

At times, when Ryan was not on stage, the GOP enthusiasts answered Ryan’s critics by singing “God Bless America” and chanting “no more years.”

Flora Duh on October 19, 2012 at 7:23 AM

urban elitist on October 19, 2012 at 7:13 AM

I don’t think that even you believe that. It is obvious that the only people who are pretending this is any kind of issue are Democrat partisans who are desperate to find anything to attack Romney with. Hate to tell you this, but you will get nowhere with this absolutely stupid, made up nonsense. This is about on the same level as the silly dog story. But keep on running with it… Just don’t be surprised when Romney’s lead continues to grow or when Romney wins convincly, leaving Democrats to wonder what went wrong with the Obama campaign. Here’s a little hint for you: you guys are spending more time on this stupidity then you are in presenting a clear, positive agenda for a second Obama term, which we all know will never be.

Speaking of the blame game that Democrats will no doubt engage in amongst themselves after Obama’s loss, the majority of blame for Obama’s inevitable loss to Romney should be placed on Obama’s failed policies, not on the shoddy work of the Obama campaign, which admittedly didn’t help things.

At least we can all rest easy when that happens; after all, Obama’s loss is a win for America.

bluegill on October 19, 2012 at 7:25 AM

chuck todd taking digs at the gallup polls

cmsinaz on October 19, 2012 at 7:26 AM

urban elitist on October 19, 2012 at 7:13 AM

You are a simple water carrier. Look in the mirror. Sheesh have some integrity.

CW on October 19, 2012 at 7:27 AM

cmsinaz on October 19, 2012 at 7:26 AM

He’s scared.

wargamer6 on October 19, 2012 at 7:27 AM

kingsjester on October 19, 2012 at 7:17 AM

bam

bluegill on October 19, 2012 at 7:25 AM

boom

cmsinaz on October 19, 2012 at 7:27 AM

wargamer6 on October 19, 2012 at 7:27 AM

sounds like it…

cmsinaz on October 19, 2012 at 7:28 AM

Then=than

I blame the iPhone voice to text input that I am using. : –)

This is like the best thing ever. I can lay here and speak out all my comments.

bluegill on October 19, 2012 at 7:28 AM

urban elitist on October 19, 2012 at 6:59 AM

I think this woman would disagree with you.

Jane Edmonds Addresses The Republican National Convention, Tampa, Florida