Quotes of the day

posted at 10:41 pm on October 18, 2012 by Allahpundit

In the hours after the debate, Democrats began making fun of Romney for saying that as governor he had gotten “binders full of women” to find qualified appointees — a comment they would never have criticized, or even noticed, had it been said by one of their own. Almost nobody objects to making a special effort to find qualified women to apply for important positions, and Romney’s phrasing was not even especially awkward. The attempt to manufacture an example of Romney’s condescension or cluelessness is evidence of how much more deeply invested the Obama campaign is in its “war” than in America’s actual wars…

Romney’s best moment in the campaign was the first debate, after which his poll numbers jumped among men and women alike. He made no gender-based appeal in that debate at all. Instead, he concentrated on making the case that he would be a better president than Obama, and in particular that his agenda would be better than Obama’s when it comes to wages, job creation, energy prices, and health care. He should learn from that success — and worry not about the Democrats’ binders full of talking points.

***

[T]he best sign for Romney may have actually been the the Obama campaign’s decision to make the main takeaway Tuesday’s debate Romney’s comment that he received “binders full of women” when he was trying to hire females to top positions as governor of Massachusetts.

The fact that Obama is making an issue of this suggests to me that his campaign is increasingly worried about signs that Romney is closing the gender gap, which would mean lights out for his reelection given Romney’s advantages among male voters.

It’s hard to see what argument Obama is advancing here, however. The attack isn’t even that Romney didn’t hire enough women as governor. It’s that he had to consult a binder prepared by a women’s group to find more female candidates when he wanted to hire more women. Is the suggestion that if he cared about women more he would have just hired his friends and associates rather than draw from a wider applicant pool?

***

Let’s assume for the sake of argument that Romney loses women on Nov. 6 by 8.5 points — his average deficit in those three polls among registered voters. (His average deficit among likely voters in those same three polls was 7 points.)

That would be a better showing among women than John McCain made in 2008 (lost women by 13), George Bush made in 2000 (lost women by 11) and Bob Dole made in 1996 (lost women by 16). It would be roughly equal to the eight-point margin that George H.W. Bush lost women to Bill Clinton in 1992.

So, for all of the chatter about Romney’s women problems, he is currently positioned to do as well or better than every Republican presidential candidate among female voters save one: George W. Bush in 2004 who lost among women by just three points to Massachusetts Sen. John Kerry.

***

In the last half a dozen years, voters have responded more to events, emerging issues, and leaders’ strengths and weaknesses. Many switched parties to vote for Obama. Some, many of them women, are switching now to vote for Romney.

Women tend to be more risk-averse than men, and the gender gap grew when Reagan Republicans were depicted as scaling back welfare-state protections.

The debates may have shifted the perception of risk. The downcast Obama and the cackling Biden may have sounded dangerously risky. Many women may have felt, as my e-mail friend’s wife said last winter, that they would feel safe if Romney were in charge.

Readers who watched Tuesday’s debate can judge whether that still holds.

***

Most often, when President Reagan wanted to fill a senior administration position, including cabinet and sub-cabinet positions, top agency posts, and judicial positions, we would put together a binder filled with qualified candidates, as well as recommendations, from which the president would select a candidate.

So, I have a question: how, exactly, did and does Obama decide who to appoint to over 3,000 non-career positions in his administration, including his senior positions? How does his Office of Presidential Personnel recruit candidates? How does it process and collate resumes and present options to the president for selecting candidates for top posts? And if President Obama is not presented with a binder of qualified candidates, exactly how does he make his decisions?

***

Via News Busters.

***

Click the image to watch.

***

Via the Daily Rushbo.

***

Women’s activist Erica Payne argued that Romney sounded like he was looking for women to add to his harem and called the comment “moderately offensive,” though she did admit to agreeing with the concept of the program. Payne said that Romney used the “smoke screen” of the binders to claim that he hired a large number of women during his gubernatorial tenure.

O’Reilly continued saying Payne’s viewpoint was crazy, saying that liberals are being too partisan in going after Romney for a “good thing” he did just because he “used the word ‘binder.’” Murphy said many women’s rights groups are less interested in women’s rights than being “shill groups” for the Democratic party. Payne pushed back against Murphy and said she doesn’t want to be treated like a “second-class citizen.”

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

yeah but feel guilty about it the next morning lol. seriously i got out of the shower over 2 hours ago and my hair is still wet ~frowns~

katee bayer on October 19, 2012 at 12:49 AM

katee bayer on October 19, 2012 at 12:45 AM

I drank too much wine and fell out in my chair after Tuesday’s debate.

KCB on October 19, 2012 at 12:49 AM

SWalker on October 19, 2012 at 12:45 AM

You didn’t hear? We are in the middle of a huge recovery!

KCB on October 19, 2012 at 12:47 AM

Yes… but it’s a Unicorn fart recovery… o_O

SWalker on October 19, 2012 at 12:49 AM

Obama’s song to his base

jaime on October 19, 2012 at 12:49 AM

katee bayer on October 19, 2012 at 12:45 AM

I drank too much wine and fell out in my chair after Tuesday’s debate.

KCB on October 19, 2012 at 12:49 AM

BWAHAHAHAH… So did I, except it was beer not wine… same thing though… ;p Aggggg bonk… snore snore snore….

SWalker on October 19, 2012 at 12:51 AM

Naked Flame – Bruce, Baker, Moore

thatsafactjack on October 19, 2012 at 12:51 AM

I drank too much wine and fell out in my chair after Tuesday’s debate.

KCB on October 19, 2012 at 12:49 AM

ouch i think i can sympathize with you maybe. i dont really drink though so i dont know what that would actually feel like lol

katee bayer on October 19, 2012 at 12:51 AM

just trying to show my appreciation of Mr. Walker’s music on youtube

katee bayer on October 19, 2012 at 12:43 AM

Sorry. I should read first and write later. I thought you were having trouble trying to accomplish a task on HotAir. My Bad.

jaime on October 19, 2012 at 12:52 AM

SWalker on October 19, 2012 at 12:49 AM

Oh you aren’t a Unicorn…Just damn. Next thing you know you will be telling me you are allergic to fairy dust.

KCB on October 19, 2012 at 12:52 AM

jaime on October 19, 2012 at 12:52 AM

never apologize to me for trying to be helpful ! i still say thank you for the thoughtful effort!

katee bayer on October 19, 2012 at 12:53 AM

“it’s not optimal”……
Umm..

I just keep picturing the backend of the hearses. And the lies. It pisses me off.

With bodies as a backdrop,, he lied. So did hillary. Live drone feeds?

FUBAR.

wolly4321 on October 19, 2012 at 12:54 AM

Gulfstream is a good product.

Bmore on October 19, 2012 at 12:41 AM

Sure is. Too bad all engine work has to be sent to Australia.

Schadenfreude on October 19, 2012 at 12:46 AM

Nothing like crossing the Pacific to check their work!

viking01 on October 19, 2012 at 12:54 AM

SWalker on October 19, 2012 at 12:33 AM

Not a bad start. I presume you will be adding other tracks, bass etc. ? One thing I have always been drawn to is oddness of instrument, i.e. Two string bass, four string guitar and so on. Perhaps you can consider a bit of that moving forward. Keep updating on the progress. The percussion was for time, and to fill out the guitar track?

Bmore on October 19, 2012 at 12:55 AM

Here is Prelude 2.

John the Libertarian on October 19, 2012 at 12:48 AM

Very nice, JL. Sort of jazzy and bluesy at the same time.

jaime on October 19, 2012 at 12:56 AM

The percussion was for time, and to fill out the guitar track?

Bmore on October 19, 2012 at 12:55 AM

Yup, something to give my partner a feel for the timing so he and his wife can write the lyrics… ;p

SWalker on October 19, 2012 at 12:56 AM

O’Reilly had Lamont Hill, PHD-Columbia on tonight. All three of my cats are smarter.

KCB on October 19, 2012 at 12:56 AM

Did y’all hear that the October Surprise website a lot of people were so excited about turned out to be a Rick Roll?

Flora Duh on October 19, 2012 at 12:57 AM

i dont know i kinda enjoyed it as it was but then again i am an odd ducky lol i like a lot of very different music. everything from the naughty nymphs , and voltaire to Floyd , metallica etc … mediaevil baebes are pretty awesome too

katee bayer on October 19, 2012 at 12:57 AM

Next thing you know you will be telling me you are allergic to fairy dust.

KCB on October 19, 2012 at 12:52 AM

Yup… Makes me break out in hallucinations… ;p

SWalker on October 19, 2012 at 12:58 AM

You know, outside of politics, we should regard politicians as human beings with lives and loved ones, right? Basically, decent people trying to serve their constituents and their country, right? Well, I’m sorry but, some people are not deserving of that kind of respect.

Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi to name a couple. I think these are the two most odious people ever to serve the country. Perhaps, in the entire history of humanity. Although, DWS and BHO should get dishonorable mentions.

Reid and Pelosi, who says the most despicable things and get away with it. They assume the worst motives of their political opponents. Basically, not just wrong but evil. Absolute and utter contempt for the unwashed masses out there. Corrupt and conniving to the core. Takes every opportunity to politicize an issue. Then accuse their opponents of doing just that.

I know it’s wrong to feel this way but, when these two kick the bucket, I’m not gonna feel sorry for them or their loved ones. I doubt that they have many true personal friends. Outside of their family, I can’t imagine many people that would have anything nice to say about them. They contribute more to the rancid atmosphere of politics than anybody else. I think politics and the country will be much better off when they go.

Asian Con on October 19, 2012 at 12:58 AM

wolly4321 on October 19, 2012 at 12:54 AM

wolly, it’s okay, calm down. Obama assured us in debate #2 that he’s really good at greeting coffins. He is President Coffin Greeter.

John the Libertarian on October 19, 2012 at 12:58 AM

I’m jonesing for Humpbot.

sparkle motion on October 19, 2012 at 12:58 AM

Then stop acting like one.

Hawkins1701 on October 19, 2012 at 12:58 AM

Flora Duh on October 19, 2012 at 12:57 AM

Yup…Laughed my ass off… Who didn’t see that coming… ;p

SWalker on October 19, 2012 at 12:59 AM

Bmore on October 19, 2012 at 12:55 AM

That explains your affinity for the band “Morphine”, since there is no guitar at all. I like a lot of their work. The absence of the guitar lends an intriguing quality to the sound.

thatsafactjack on October 19, 2012 at 12:59 AM

Mourning Joe has seen the polls- and is reading the tea leaves

3 weeks ago he joined with Mikapoo and was face palming over Super Mitt’s hasty press conference rebuking Team ocommies Egypt Embassy Apology and how Un-presidential he was.

Joe ain’t gonna let himself get stuck on the losing side.

FlaMurph on October 19, 2012 at 1:00 AM

Very nice, JL. Sort of jazzy and bluesy at the same time.

jaime on October 19, 2012 at 12:56 AM

The thing I love about Gershwin is the dark yearning. American in Paris is one of my favorite soundtracks.

John the Libertarian on October 19, 2012 at 1:00 AM

One can scarcely go wrong with well tailored black and white. There’s nothing quite so elegant or refined.

That being said, I think Ann has the figure and bearing to go for a simpler silhouette.

thatsafactjack on October 19, 2012 at 12:35 AM

Mrs. Bmore thought so too.

Best of luck to you in landing that account, B!

thatsafactjack on October 19, 2012 at 12:37 AM

Thank you, it’s one I would greatly enjoy working on. ; )

Bmore on October 19, 2012 at 1:00 AM

Asian Con on October 19, 2012 at 12:58 AM

NO… We should treat them like everyone else in society, when they are effing criminals for a damned living we should not treat them like regular human beings.

SWalker on October 19, 2012 at 1:01 AM

Naked Flame – Bruce, Baker, Moore

thatsafactjack on October 19, 2012 at 12:51 AM

Real, real nice, Jackie.

Who’s singing, Moore or Bruce? It almost sounds like Steve Winwood.

jaime on October 19, 2012 at 1:01 AM

Good night folks! Good night Jackie!

KCB on October 19, 2012 at 1:01 AM

If all the Democrats have left is “binders” and “Big Bird”, then they have surely lost the Presidency…

Not that there’s anything wrong with that…

Khun Joe on October 19, 2012 at 1:01 AM

All three of my cats are smarter.

KCB on October 19, 2012 at 12:56 AM

All three of them, Ken?

My… that doesn’t say much for Lamont Hill, PhD! Almost sorry I missed that one. :)

thatsafactjack on October 19, 2012 at 1:02 AM

KCB on October 19, 2012 at 12:56 AM

He’s an educated idiot who gets way too much airtime. He’s an FNC employee yet, the only show I see him on is O’Reilly and Red Eye. This is why I find BO’R so annoying. He insists on having these idiots on his show so he can be ‘Fair & Balanced’.

Asian Con on October 19, 2012 at 1:02 AM

KCB on October 19, 2012 at 1:01 AM

Goodnight, Ken. Sleep well.:)

thatsafactjack on October 19, 2012 at 1:02 AM

thatsafactjack on October 19, 2012 at 12:59 AM

Yes, mark Sandman did a lot with just two strings on a beat up old bass. Ricky Wilson did a lot missing some strings on his guitar. It makes for a uniqueness, and a very creative expression.

Bmore on October 19, 2012 at 1:03 AM

Asian Con on October 19, 2012 at 12:58 AM

No need for apologies. I feel the same way about Pelosi, Reid, et al. The common person suffers immensely because of their policies. And these cretins don’t give a damn.

I’m getting to the point where I can’t suffer the liberal bs from my family or friends, either.

And I’m also getting to the point where if friendships or familial relationships end over our political differences, so be it.

We’re way past the point where it’s impossible not to take all this personally. This government is a soft tyranny, and may morph into a hard one if things don’t change.

My wife and I, and the children we want to have, have been hurt immensely by this President and the statist ideology.

I’m fed up.

And I’m not going to take it politely anymore.

Don’t think I’m alone.

Hawkins1701 on October 19, 2012 at 1:03 AM

btw just in case the person in question is lurking here somewhere … i believe someone from HA was so kind enough as to order a 3 pillar set of jasmine candles from me and i shipped them out today ! thank you for the order .

katee bayer on October 19, 2012 at 1:03 AM

Good night folks! Good night Jackie!

KCB on October 19, 2012 at 1:01 AM

Goodnight KCB… :)

SWalker on October 19, 2012 at 1:04 AM

thatsafactjack on October 19, 2012 at 1:02 AM

;-)

KCB on October 19, 2012 at 1:04 AM

Dear Mr. Fantasy.

John the Libertarian on October 19, 2012 at 1:04 AM

jaime on October 19, 2012 at 1:01 AM

It was Gary Moore, Jamie. They put together a trio for awhile, BBM. They were great together. :)

thatsafactjack on October 19, 2012 at 1:04 AM

Good Night KCB, Sleep Well.

Bmore on October 19, 2012 at 1:04 AM

good night KCB

katee bayer on October 19, 2012 at 1:04 AM

SWalker on October 19, 2012 at 12:56 AM

How’s progress on the hot rod coming?

AZfederalist on October 19, 2012 at 1:04 AM

Roh ro, I’m falling behind, I may never get caught up.

Bmore on October 19, 2012 at 1:05 AM

Simple.
He starts with who bundled the most money for him and works down.

mrt721 on October 19, 2012 at 1:06 AM

And I’m not going to take it politely anymore.

Don’t think I’m alone.

Hawkins1701 on October 19, 2012 at 1:03 AM

The hallmark of conservatism is that we are the adults that rise above. Just detach and remember we’re selecting a captain of the supertanker, we don’t have to love or hate him or her. Just pilot us in the right direction, please.

John the Libertarian on October 19, 2012 at 1:07 AM

SWalker on October 19, 2012 at 12:56 AM

How’s progress on the hot rod coming?

AZfederalist on October 19, 2012 at 1:04 AM

We just got my partner moved to his new house, got the roll cage installed, (12 point roll cage), and aluminum racing seats and four sets of racing slicks for it. The Transmission shield is being custom made right now as well as the transmission mounting block. It’s getting damned close… ;)

SWalker on October 19, 2012 at 1:08 AM

Bmore on October 19, 2012 at 1:03 AM

Indeed, it does. Its almost reminiscent of some tunes from the late 30s’s early 40′s at times in spots, yet still distinctive. Its in the set up for the base line and certain harmonies, I think. It’s hard to pin it down, but I keep thinking that it reminds me of a band or an artist from that era, fleetingly for perhaps a few measures, and then it takes a sharp turn into something else.

The more I listen to them, the more it draws me in.

thatsafactjack on October 19, 2012 at 1:10 AM

The Transmission shield is being custom made right now as well as the transmission mounting block. It’s getting close… ;)

SWalker on October 19, 2012 at 1:08 AM

Cool. Sounds like a great project.

AZfederalist on October 19, 2012 at 1:10 AM

John the Libertarian on October 19, 2012 at 1:00 AM

Yes, I really like it.

jaime on October 19, 2012 at 1:11 AM

SWalker on October 19, 2012 at 1:08 AM

Cool. Sounds like a great project.

AZfederalist on October 19, 2012 at 1:10 AM

It’s been a blast so far. I’ve built quite a few street muscle cars, but never did a full blown dragster before…. ;)

SWalker on October 19, 2012 at 1:12 AM

Hawkins1701 on October 19, 2012 at 1:03 AM

Things were bad during the Bush years but, it’s so much worse now. The shrill cries for civility. Extremism!!! The hypocrisy is maddening. I don’t just want to beat them. I WANT TO DESTROY THEM!

Asian Con on October 19, 2012 at 1:12 AM

KCB on October 19, 2012 at 1:01 AM

‘Nite KCB

jaime on October 19, 2012 at 1:12 AM

Wrong Side of Town – Bruce, Baker, Moore

thatsafactjack on October 19, 2012 at 1:12 AM

Better than you, B?

The mind boggles.

socalcon on October 19, 2012 at 12:43 AM

Lol! Sorry for the slow response, I got behind. You must mean my better half. Yes she truly is better than I deserve. I would have not faired nearly as well in life had I not had her to share in the effort as a team. She really has made it all work. Plus the pies! Yum!

Bmore on October 19, 2012 at 1:14 AM

Asian Con on October 19, 2012 at 1:12 AM

I do not want to destroy them, they are our fellow citizens. I want them to come to their senses and do what is right for the whole nation, not just their pet special interests.

SWalker on October 19, 2012 at 1:15 AM

Plus the pies! Yum!

Bmore on October 19, 2012 at 1:14 AM

Hmmm me thinks your legendary six pack might really be of the bottled variety… ;)

SWalker on October 19, 2012 at 1:16 AM

Bmore on October 19, 2012 at 1:14 AM

Are you familiar with that poster, B?

I don’t know him/her.

I ask because there was an odd comment last night relating to his/her ‘vision’ of your home during the last debate and when you hit # 5000.

thatsafactjack on October 19, 2012 at 1:17 AM

Glory Days

Schadenfreude on October 19, 2012 at 1:17 AM

And I’m not going to take it politely anymore.

Don’t think I’m alone.

Hawkins1701 on October 19, 2012 at 1:03 AM

John the Libertarian on October 19, 2012 at 1:07 AM

Quite so, John. And in every political discussion/debate, I try to come at it from a fact-based perspective, and not descend into bitterness and invective. (Primarily because one is simply more effective by arguing that way.) Perhaps “polite” wasn’t the word I was looking for in the last post.

To the extent that libs (even among close acquaintances) want to be d-bags to me, I’m going to push right back. Even if it means hurting some feelings. I won’t go out of my way to personally attack someone, but I will have no problem telling them that their ideology is destroying the country, and that it must be consigned to the ash-heap of history where it belongs.

I’m sure that you’ll agree that one can be forceful and keep one’s basic humanity towards the opposition intact.

I’m thinking the Breitbart mold, here.

But I’m done with apologies or equivocations. For who I am, nor for anything that I believe. (This is part and parcel of my broader goal of ending my lifelong flaw of being a pushover.)

Hawkins1701 on October 19, 2012 at 1:17 AM

ok im off to bed , my hair is finally dry enough lol . hope everyone here has a wonderful night and pleasant dreams with angels upon your pillows!

katee bayer on October 19, 2012 at 1:18 AM

Why doesn’t hillary GO to Libya? Afraid of sniper fire? Or those 20,000 missing anti-aircraft shoulder fired’s? Does she know something we don’t? Why doesn’t she hit the ground and fix it all? Afterall, no security is perfect. Right? Even hers. Sniper fire shouldn’t deter her.

Visit Libya hillary. Make all rightous. Secretary of State.

wolly4321 on October 19, 2012 at 1:18 AM

thatsafactjack on October 19, 2012 at 1:17 AM

Yeah, that was quite odd.

jaime on October 19, 2012 at 1:19 AM

Schadenfreude on October 19, 2012 at 1:17 AM

Good evening, my friend. Very nice to ‘see’ you this evening.

Do you like this band,too, Schadenfreude? That’s an excellent choice of tunes. :)

thatsafactjack on October 19, 2012 at 1:19 AM

katee bayer on October 19, 2012 at 1:18 AM

\

Night KB…

SWalker on October 19, 2012 at 1:19 AM

katee bayer on October 19, 2012 at 1:18 AM

‘Nite katee

jaime on October 19, 2012 at 1:20 AM

thatsafactjack on October 19, 2012 at 1:10 AM

I have come across many folks who find it too dark. I suppose some of it is. Then some is like a frat party sound. Some romantic, but always with that unique common thread. Very distinctive sound. The sax, the two says being played at once, the drummer who can actually keep time while having fun and flair. The lyrics. The sound just strikes a cord with me. Many moods to them.

Bmore on October 19, 2012 at 1:20 AM

says = sax

Bmore on October 19, 2012 at 1:20 AM

BAM: http://t.co/Upuwshnz

Now if that doesn’t say First Couple, I don’t know what does.

andy85719 on October 19, 2012 at 1:21 AM

jaime on October 19, 2012 at 1:19 AM

Did you catch that, too? He/she posted it directly to me. I never saw the handle before, and was so tired I thought it must be a joke, but the more I thought about it, the more ‘off’ it seemed to me.

Still not sure what to make of it.

thatsafactjack on October 19, 2012 at 1:21 AM

John the Libertarian on October 19, 2012 at 1:04 AM

Nice one.

jaime on October 19, 2012 at 1:22 AM

katee bayer on October 19, 2012 at 1:18 AM

Goodnight, Katie. Sleep well.

thatsafactjack on October 19, 2012 at 1:22 AM

Asian Con on October 19, 2012 at 1:12 AM

SWalker on October 19, 2012 at 1:15 AM

Liberals are children. Worse, they are children in their annoying teens. If we are to be the adults, we must tolerate their outbursts, pretend that we understand their angst while ignoring them, because they know not what they do.

John the Libertarian on October 19, 2012 at 1:22 AM

Bmore on October 19, 2012 at 1:20 AM

That’s what I’m finding, too. The more I explore, the more I find.

thatsafactjack on October 19, 2012 at 1:23 AM

thatsafactjack on October 19, 2012 at 1:17 AM

No I’m not. Yes I saw it. I try to always be polite when I haven’t had an oppurtunity to familiarize myself with a unknown commenter. I was raised to respond to folks who speak to or at you. Up to a point.

Bmore on October 19, 2012 at 1:24 AM

thatsafactjack on October 19, 2012 at 1:19 AM

Hi Jackie. I like it. I can like most all music, but only for so long, except rap and country. I can even like country but the words are generally so sappy (few exceptions, of course).

Schadenfreude on October 19, 2012 at 1:24 AM

SWalker on October 19, 2012 at 1:15 AM

John the Libertarian on October 19, 2012 at 1:22 AM

And that is the tragic and frustrating truth.

SWalker on October 19, 2012 at 1:26 AM

Still not sure what to make of it.

thatsafactjack on October 19, 2012 at 1:21 AM

Kind of creepy, unless there’s an explanation for it.

My ‘visual’ of the Bmore household:

@ 1,000 and 2,000– cursing the spouse and kicking the dog

@ 3,000 and 4,000– double whiskey, then nuzzling the bottle

@ 5,000 had to change after sweating so profusely from the ‘celebration dance’

Before 5,050 ‘spiked the ball’ with about a dozen gloating posts .

As Paul Harvey would say, that’s the rest of the story…

socalcon on October 18, 2012 at 12:27 AM

jaime on October 19, 2012 at 1:26 AM

Asian Con on October 19, 2012 at 1:12 AM

SWalker on October 19, 2012 at 1:15 AM

I feel the same way, Asian. Though, John’s cautionary message is important here: We must avoid the temptation to become that which he hate (as goddamned tempting as it is with how dirty the Dems play the game).

SWalker, I want them to come to their senses to. But I think Pelosi, Reid, Obama, and most of today’s Democratic party either have no senses (how could any rational person look at the past four years and say that public policy has been an objective good?)….or worse, they very well do have senses….and those senses point them towards finalizing the all-powerful leviathan central state.

I’m thinking the latter. These people know what they’re doing.

That’s even more frightening.

Hawkins1701 on October 19, 2012 at 1:27 AM

SWalker on October 19, 2012 at 1:16 AM

Thought you could seek that one by me did ya? Lol! I am actually dropping weight for some odd reason. If it continues I will go see the Dr.

Bmore on October 19, 2012 at 1:27 AM

With Love – Moore

thatsafactjack on October 19, 2012 at 1:27 AM

Bmore on October 19, 2012 at 1:27 AM

Gee…couldn’t be because you work about 12 hours a day, could it? lol!

You’re a very active fellow, Bmore.

thatsafactjack on October 19, 2012 at 1:29 AM

I would like to sell my Magic * Ball for @# dollars.

SparkPlug on October 19, 2012 at 1:30 AM

jaime on October 19, 2012 at 1:26 AM

Yes…that’s it. I agree.

thatsafactjack on October 19, 2012 at 1:30 AM

jaime on October 19, 2012 at 1:26 AM

I think it’s because they know how much I like to laugh and play and have fun.

Bmore on October 19, 2012 at 1:30 AM

Hawkins1701 on October 19, 2012 at 1:17 AM

Yes. Absolutely. In Clinton fashion, I feel their pain. In fact, when I’m talking to liberals, I keep reminding them that Hillary would have been far superior to Obama. Wins them over every time. Then I start deconstructing their assumptions of the economy, pretending that Hillary would have done the things Romney wants to do.

They think in lazy symbols.

John the Libertarian on October 19, 2012 at 1:30 AM

I’m thinking the latter. These people know what they’re doing.

That’s even more frightening.

Hawkins1701 on October 19, 2012 at 1:27 AM

Ahhhh, and there is a distinction point to be made there. The Liberal/Marxist politician should be destroyed, but the regular liberal democrat voters need to be saved. The Reid’s and Pelosi’s, of the political world can not make a justifiable case for ignorance, they damned well know what they are doing. For them, I have no sympathy.

SWalker on October 19, 2012 at 1:31 AM

Anybody come across the autopsy report for Stevens? Was he sodomized before or after he was dead? Cause of death?

Does the whitehouse and state dept have this information?

We don’t.

Maybe Stevens was killed from a grassy knoll.

wolly4321 on October 19, 2012 at 1:32 AM

John the Libertarian on October 19, 2012 at 1:30 AM

Good Plan of attack. +100

SparkPlug on October 19, 2012 at 1:32 AM

I think it’s because they know how much I like to laugh and play and have fun.

Bmore on October 19, 2012 at 1:30 AM

That must be it!!1!

You’re funny, Bmore.

jaime on October 19, 2012 at 1:32 AM

Schadenfreude on October 19, 2012 at 1:24 AM

As you know, I share your wide taste in music. I, too, have no patience for rap, a lot of country leaves me cold, particularly the really depressing stuff, and I have a hard time listening to disco.( Okay, to be honest, I’d just as soon get up and leave rather than listen to most disco tunes.) Other than that, I enjoy most forms of music.

Just as we are free to disagree, it seems we are equally free to agree. A most welcome and comfortable circumstance. :)

thatsafactjack on October 19, 2012 at 1:34 AM

You’re a very active fellow, Bmore.

thatsafactjack on October 19, 2012 at 1:29 AM

Idle hands do the work of the devil. Lol! I normally fluctuate about 5 to 10 lbs through the week. If I get down below a certain weight for my height I’ll get checked. Some of it is because I’m not working hard enough. Muscle is always the first to go. Especially when there is no fat. Lol!

Bmore on October 19, 2012 at 1:34 AM

I would like to sell my Magic * Ball for @# dollars.

SparkPlug on October 19, 2012 at 1:30 AM

I’ll pay you @ – (! + # ) for it. Not a % more.

jaime on October 19, 2012 at 1:35 AM

They think in lazy symbols.

John the Libertarian on October 19, 2012 at 1:30 AM

No, they do not think, they emote. They rely on emotional feelings rather than critical thinking and logic. Critical thinking and logic have a judgmental aspect to them that they find frightening and offensive. And no, they really do not recognize just how judgmental they themselves are.

SWalker on October 19, 2012 at 1:36 AM

jaime on October 19, 2012 at 1:32 AM

; ) I am taking lessons from Cindy on taking it all in stride better. Lol!

Bmore on October 19, 2012 at 1:36 AM

Bmore on October 19, 2012 at 1:24 AM

I was very tired when that post came my way, and I didn’t wish to joggle your elbow, so to speak, without knowing the circumstances of the communication or relationship, if, indeed, one existed.

I’m afraid if that entity should knock on my door to be rude again, I may not have the tolerance or hospitality you’ve displayed. :)

thatsafactjack on October 19, 2012 at 1:37 AM

; ) I am taking lessons from Cindy on taking it all in stride better. Lol!

Bmore on October 19, 2012 at 1:36 AM

OK

You had me worried for a minute. I thought you were going soft.

jaime on October 19, 2012 at 1:38 AM

Bmore on October 19, 2012 at 1:24 AM

thatsafactjack on October 19, 2012 at 1:37 AM

Sorry to interrupt, but I read it as an attempt to be jocular and funny with the “Visual” meaning mental image. Most of us here on the OOT joke with each other freely, no offense meant or taken. It struck me as an attempt to “FIT” in… I could be mistaken but that’s what I got out of it.

SWalker on October 19, 2012 at 1:40 AM