New poll shows Romney ahead in … Pennsylvania? Update: GOP closing early voter gap in Ohio; Update: Romney leads by four in Susquehanna poll of PA

posted at 5:19 pm on October 18, 2012 by Allahpundit

Is it worth writing about a poll that appeared suddenly on Twitter, rocked the world of every last conservative who saw it, then was quickly and mysteriously deleted by the pollster? What if the DNC’s communications director screencapped it and started whining about it before he’d even seen the crosstabs? Let’s put it this way: There may or may not be a poll coming soon from Susquehanna showing Romney up 49/45 on The One in the Democratic stronghold of Pennsylvania. Maybe it won’t be published. Maybe it was yanked back because they spotted a flaw in the data at the last second. If it is published, maybe Jay Cost is right that skepticism is in order; Susquehanna’s numbers do tend to tilt Republican according to Sean Trende, although Guy Benson had a nice post about the firm’s track record a week ago. Needless to say, if Romney really does have a lead in Pennsylvania, then I’m thinking the hull has been breached on the good ship Hopenchange and there’s no patching it. We’ll need multiple polls from the state to know if there’s been any tidal shift, but keep an eye out for Susquehanna. If it’s legit, it’s a big one.

Since I can’t give you that right now, how about a pair of new polls showing Romney ahead in … Ohio and Colorado (Update: Old news. See below.):

Romney takes 48 percent support in Ohio, edging President Obama at 47, in the new poll conducted by American Research Group (ARG). It’s the latest survey to show Romney erasing the gender gap. He now trails Obama only 48 to 45 among female voters in the Buckeye State…

And in Colorado, likely voters went for Romney 50 to 46 over Obama, in ARG’s poll. Romney soundly outpaced Obama among female voters in the state, taking 51 percent support against Obama at 45…

Ohio and Colorado are two of the 12 states President Bush won in 2004 that Obama took in 2008. These 12 battleground states will be critical in determining the outcome of the 2012 election.

Go back to the electoral vote map at RCP that I linked in the last post. If it’s true that Florida is drifting away from the Democrats and Romney comes through in Ohio and Colorado, then he’s at 262 with a slew of swing states available to put him over the top. Virginia alone could do it. So could Wisconsin. And so, of course, could Pennsylvania, although if he wins PA then we’re staring at a Republican landslide, not a 270-268 win.

That’s the good news. The bad news? It seems increasingly likely that we’re going to lose as our VP a guy who thinks American servicemen are serving in Iraq and Iran. Some lean blog content days ahead next year without Joe, my friends.

Update: Turns out that Ohio/Colorado poll news from The Hill was published on October 9, not today. Drat. Note to self: Always check the dates on stories you’ve arrived at from links on Twitter. Apologies for the bad info. Obama’s bounced back a bit in Ohio since that ARG poll but there have been other polls in Colorado since then showing Romney ahead — barely. He’s up two-tenths of a point in the RCP average.

Update: Let me try to redeem this post with some real news:

Four years ago, Democrats made up about 42% of the early and absentee vote while Republicans made up 22% – a dismal 20-point deficit that contributed to Sen. John McCain’s defeat in Ohio.

Through Wednesday, however, the margin has narrowed: Democrats account for 36% of the early and absentee vote while Republicans make up for 29%.

Republicans are outperforming their voter registration in several of the state’s biggest counties…

Additionally, a Republican National Committee source told CNN that among early voters not identifying with any party, RNC modeling has tagged 30.5% as Romney supporters and 24.9% as Obama supporters.

Update: Ah, and here’s the Susquehanna mystery poll now:

Susquehanna’s automated poll or 1,376 likely voters was taken between Oct. 11 and 13, before the second presidential debate Tuesday that many saw as a comeback for Obama since his Oct. 3 showdown with Romney.

Lee said Romney has made significant gains in the all-important suburbs of Philadelphia, a ring of counties that helped push Obama to victory in 2008.

“Republicans haven’t been able to do that in 20 years,” Lee said. “Romney has made some major inroads.”

Lee said Romney also gained ground in western Pennsylvania, where socially conservative, blue-collar Democrats have turned their backs on Obama.

Note that last part. Remember at the debate when O said it’s time for a new assault-weapons ban? The NRA will make sure those western Pennsylvania centrist Democrats know all about it.

Update: One other note: This poll was commissioned by the state GOP.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

Now that’s hope and change!

joekenha on October 18, 2012 at 5:21 PM

How will this information be reflected on Obama on Monday? I think we are going to see a meltdown.

Oil Can on October 18, 2012 at 5:21 PM

You know it’s a good day when Hot Air is running out of photos of O smacking his forehead

Liberty 5-3001 on October 18, 2012 at 5:22 PM

WTH Bishop!

PolAgnostic on October 18, 2012 at 5:22 PM

The leftist Tennessean endorsed Romney today.

Biden gaffed again “The bullets are aimed at you”.

Bob Boeckel “If the Gallup poll is right, it’s over”.

Schadenfreude on October 18, 2012 at 5:22 PM

In the distance, I hear the fat lady warming up.

novaculus on October 18, 2012 at 5:22 PM

Waterloo

Norwegian on October 18, 2012 at 5:22 PM

ROMSLIDE.

ModerateMan on October 18, 2012 at 5:22 PM

“We will party hard on Nov. 7″ — Michelle Obamanette

Schadenfreude on October 18, 2012 at 5:23 PM

Amazed to see Romney ahead in CO. I don’t watch much TV but listen to a lot of radio in the car and all I hear is Obama ads talking about how the rich need to pay a little more…maybe those ads aren’t working.

deuce on October 18, 2012 at 5:23 PM

hmmmmmm

interesting

cmsinaz on October 18, 2012 at 5:24 PM

Mitt Mo!!!!

1nolibgal on October 18, 2012 at 5:25 PM

“There’s a lot of heartache in here tonight”

-Sesqui-pud-alien.

Dr. Carlo Lombardi on October 18, 2012 at 5:25 PM

It’s those darn “bitter clingers”.
I’m lovin’ it.

kingsjester on October 18, 2012 at 5:25 PM

On November 8th Joe will be saying, “Iran and lost.”

He was caught between Iraq and a hard place.

backwoods conservative on October 18, 2012 at 5:25 PM

Why Biden look so sad in the picture?

tkyang99 on October 18, 2012 at 5:25 PM

No worries.

Kunta Kinte, the FB Pest, thinks the ONLY one counts is Intrade.

Sir Napsalot on October 18, 2012 at 5:25 PM

If true, it’s Game Over.

aunursa on October 18, 2012 at 5:25 PM

Maybe Candy Crowley can show up in Pa. and drag Obama over the finish line…

Candy Crowley graduates from the Joesph Goebbels school of Journalism.

SWalker on October 18, 2012 at 5:26 PM

If this is some kind of joke it’s not funny not funny at all

steel guy on October 18, 2012 at 5:26 PM

Some lean blog content days ahead next year without Joe, my friends.

Not if Romney puts Newt in as press secretary.

lorien1973 on October 18, 2012 at 5:26 PM

I repeat my question from last week: Who kidnapped Eeyore and what are your demands?

aunursa on October 18, 2012 at 5:27 PM

ROMBO ENGAGING BEHIND ENEMY LINES!

akaniku on October 18, 2012 at 5:27 PM

Amazed to see Romney ahead in CO.

deuce on October 18, 2012 at 5:23 PM

I am not. Been predicting a large Romney win here for weeks. Won’t even be close, I am thinking 53-45 or better in Romney’s favor. Will defintely exceed Bush’s margin in 2004.

Norwegian on October 18, 2012 at 5:27 PM

He was caught between Iraq and a hard place.

backwoods conservative on October 18, 2012 at 5:25 PM

Biden finds himself caught between a rock and a hard place just trying to tie his shoes in the morning.

SWalker on October 18, 2012 at 5:27 PM

Not a single peep on Kos today about these devastating poll numbers yet.

Desperately trying to spin up some sort of damage control, no doubt.

tkyang99 on October 18, 2012 at 5:28 PM

Uh, the Ohio ARG poll is from 10/9. You are only teasing us further, Allah!!

cdog0613 on October 18, 2012 at 5:28 PM

Don’t mock VP Biden, maybe he knew more than Obama, who we know don’t have national security mtgs or answer 3 am phone calls.

Sir Napsalot on October 18, 2012 at 5:28 PM

Not if Romney puts Newt in as press secretary.

lorien1973 on October 18, 2012 at 5:26 PM

I think that’s slightly less likely than his retaining Eric Holder as the traditional out-party member of the Cabinet.

KingGold on October 18, 2012 at 5:28 PM

I am beginning to wonder about Joe’s health…

d1carter on October 18, 2012 at 5:28 PM

Wow, the wheels are coming off.

Valkyriepundit on October 18, 2012 at 5:29 PM

Landslide.

John_Locke on October 18, 2012 at 5:29 PM

If true, Mooochell better get her “binder” ready…the job market is pretty tough out there…

Strike Hornet on October 18, 2012 at 5:29 PM

aunursa on October 18, 2012 at 5:27 PM

Nobody kidnapped Allahpundit Eeyorepundit, he is just drunk and sleeping on the couch and his cat is posting for him… ;p

SWalker on October 18, 2012 at 5:29 PM

But, but, Dems said the election is over.

I’m not counting PA until we get multiple polls. Besides, Ace would reminds us the Winston Wolfe rule.

toolnutz on October 18, 2012 at 5:29 PM

The tweet reappeared again about 10 minutes ago and vanished a few minutes later. What showmen!

Chuck Schick on October 18, 2012 at 5:29 PM

ROMSLIDE.

ModerateMan on October 18, 2012 at 5:22 PM

You sir, have just predicted the NYPost headline if we win. If you’re at all familiar with the stalwart conservative NY daily paper, of course.

Liberty 5-3001 on October 18, 2012 at 5:30 PM

Even if it’s an major outlier, that only means PA is tied.

As for OH, I knew during the first debate the pendulum was swinging.

But when I saw the crowd difference from a week prior, to after..

…that Obama couldn’t even fill Kent State indoors, turnout – 6,660. Capacity – 9,000….

…and Romney had 13,000 outdoors, in 42 degrees, in an area just 15 minutes from the campus…

…that’s a ship changing course.

budfox on October 18, 2012 at 5:30 PM

AP, check the date on the link for those Ohio and Colorado polls. It is from October 9th. Not new. That link has been circulating around today for some reason advertised as new.

Mark1971 on October 18, 2012 at 5:30 PM

I can’t see bitter, clinging coal miners voting for Obama.

INC on October 18, 2012 at 5:30 PM

Besides, Ace would reminds us the Winston Wolfe rule.

And that would be?….

tkyang99 on October 18, 2012 at 5:30 PM

I’m dying over that PA poll. Got the tweet and sent it to a bunch of people. Then they pulled it. I have a feeling it’s true but I can’t imagine why they pulled it.

rockmom on October 18, 2012 at 5:31 PM

Desperately trying to spin up some sort of damage control, no doubt.

tkyang99 on October 18, 2012 at 5:28 PM

More likely desperately trying to find a lighter that still works so he can suck down a few more of those oh so calming bong loads that keep him going…

SWalker on October 18, 2012 at 5:31 PM

Joe Biden thinks Iran is a song by the Flock of Seagulls.

“I ran. I ran so far away…..”

portlandon on October 18, 2012 at 5:31 PM

Some lean blog content days ahead next year without Joe, my friends.

So sad

OTTO on October 18, 2012 at 5:31 PM

aunursa on October 18, 2012 at 5:27 PM

There was an intervention thread a few weeks ago about polls.

He was asked to check the bedwetting routine at the door because it had reached saturation.

I like the current Allah. Cautious and still funny.

It should make an enjoyable election night.

budfox on October 18, 2012 at 5:32 PM

Tip: go to the polls like we’re losing by 4. And bring a friend. Thanks.

joejm65 on October 18, 2012 at 5:32 PM

Mitt-mentum!

AZCoyote on October 18, 2012 at 5:33 PM

“The bad news? It seems increasingly likely that we’re going to lose as our VP a guy who thinks American servicemen are serving in Iraq and Iran.”

Who are you and what have you done with our eeyore-friend Allah?

PrincipleStand on October 18, 2012 at 5:33 PM

If anyone’s interested in trying, you can call Susquehanna Polling and Research at (717) 233-8850. I didn’t have much luck talking to anyone but the receptionist. She took my name and number and said she’d have their president call me back if he had time.

steebo77 on October 18, 2012 at 5:33 PM

Take Hope, AP! I am sure “Uncle Joe” will be appearing on the lecture circuit … without consant adult supervision

… so the RAW* material could be going way up!

* – this is a PG site but feel free to imagine what “Biden Unchained” will be like

PolAgnostic on October 18, 2012 at 5:33 PM

Gallup, like PPP, is a Republican-leaning polling outfit funded by the Koch-sucking Brothers. This is even more so since Obama and Axelrod had Holder sue them. Gallup is intentionally doctoring the sample by adding more African-Americans and Hispanics, which is always going to lead to a more Romney favourable result.

Karl Rove, Grover Norquist, Darth Cheney, Justice Scalia, that House ‘igga, Clarence Thomas, and Ahnta Jemima, Condi Rice, are part of a cabal that control the real forces behind the American Research Group and Susquehanna. Anyone, and I mean ANYONE, who believes that Obama isn’t winning Pennsylvania by 157 points and Oiho by 458 is a damn lunatic! I know because I had lunch with some “very popular” politicians in Wisconsin today and they are “in the know,” if you know what I mean.

CNN is more conservative than even Faux News. Candy is a complete Republican stooge and threw the ultimate lifeline to Romney. The people in the audience were all a bunch of conservative plants and asked questions written for them by the Romney campaign.

Romney is NOT leading Obama by 7 nationally…and do NOT even get me started on Rasmussen – that, that Sheldon Adelson outfit. If Ras is claiming 4 for Romney, that means Obama will win 40000+ electoral votes.

He’s NOT leading in the swing states. Romney is NOT gaining in Pennsylvania. There will NOT be a landslide in ANY bitterclinger county in America much less the overwhelming majority.

Obama IS leading in Texas, Utah, Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana, and Arkansas by more than 20 points in each state.

You people are D-E-L-U-S-I-O-N-A-L!

By the way, did you see the new poll from Kim Jong-un POLLytech University? It has Obama up by 63 points nationally with a R +74. Oh, and the Castro-Guevara-Chavez Battleground Poll of the Swing States has Obama wiping Romney’s blood off the floor with a 75 point lead and has a sample of 2/3,798/468 (D/R/I).

You wankers had better catch up! Even true cons are voting for my Dear Leader!”

– RuPoll, Assistant Press Secretary, Ministry of Truth

PS: Media Matters is about to break a huge story! Frank Luntz is actually a NorKo op. He is using a form of MK-ULTRA to get non-sexist, racist, bigoted, homophobic, xenophobic, Islamophobic, totalitarian theocrats to become sexist, racist, bigoted, homophobic, xenophobic, Islamophobic, totalitarian theocrats so that Obama will be defeated…leaving Kim Jong-un the undisputed kewlest, hipsterest leader on the planet. So there!

Resist We Much on October 18, 2012 at 5:33 PM

Dear Lord, you know I’ve been praying to you a lot lately, but, can we have just one 1984-type election before I shuffle off my mortal coil? You know, like the one with Reagan and Mondale. Yeah, a landslide…a huge landslide.

Or at least give us Pennsylvania, Ohio, Michigan, Florida, Colorado, New Hampshire, Nevada, Wisconsin and Virginia, along with the rest of the Red and reddish states. You can give them California, New York and Illinois. Heard they don’t like God too much in those states anymore. They don’t seem to like much of anything other than taking other peoples’ money and blaming others for all their problems…just plain angry all the time. And you can give them Oregon and Washington, too…lot’s of godless folks up that way, too.

Thank you.

:-)

coldwarrior on October 18, 2012 at 5:33 PM

Iraq/Irangate

God bless and keep crazy uncle Joe, in the attic.

Schadenfreude on October 18, 2012 at 5:34 PM

aunursa on October 18, 2012 at 5:27 PM

There was an intervention thread a few weeks ago about polls.

I like the current Allah. Cautious and still funny.

It should make an enjoyable election night.

budfox on October 18, 2012 at 5:32 PM

I remember that, I believe the consensus was take anything the msm says with a huge grain of salt, but don’t be pollyanish.

rob verdi on October 18, 2012 at 5:34 PM

Ok, what happened to the entry about Bill Clinton?!?

akaniku on October 18, 2012 at 5:35 PM

Clear victory for the President! Smacking Romney at the end with the 47% was the coup de grace!

Watch the polls! They will turn in Obama’s favor!

chumpThreads on October 16, 2012 at 10:44 PM

rogerb on October 18, 2012 at 5:35 PM

Who are you and what have you done with our eeyore-friend Allah?

PrincipleStand on October 18, 2012 at 5:33 PM

aunursa on October 18, 2012 at 5:27 PM

SWalker on October 18, 2012 at 5:29 PM

BWAHAHAHAH…. Know your environment… ;p

SWalker on October 18, 2012 at 5:35 PM

Some lean blog content days ahead next year without Joe, my friends.

And Barry. (No more daily Obamateurisms). But I’m willing to make the sacrifice!

AZCoyote on October 18, 2012 at 5:35 PM

Who are you and what have you done with our eeyore-friend Allah?

PrincipleStand on October 18, 2012 at 5:33 PM

Sshhhhhhhh …

… AP is in the corner reduced to a quivering mass of optimism.

Per SOP, his cat is filing his posts.

PolAgnostic on October 18, 2012 at 5:35 PM

Please, God, let the poll be right! As for Biden, even my 11-yesr-old picked out what was wrong with his statement. Remember, he ALWAYS says what he means. Therefore, he is an idiot who even repeated his error.

Sasha List on October 18, 2012 at 5:35 PM

TSU-ROMNEY!

tims472 on October 18, 2012 at 5:36 PM

Strike Hornet on October 18, 2012 at 5:29 PM

This my thought for Mooo’s last day

OTTO on October 18, 2012 at 5:36 PM

Ok, what happened to the entry about Bill Clinton?!?

akaniku on October 18, 2012 at 5:35 PM

Probably being edited cuz it’s not very clear whom Clinton meant by “I thought he was going to cry” – Obama or the guy who asked the question.

lorien1973 on October 18, 2012 at 5:36 PM

Oil Can on October 18, 2012 at 5:21 PM

Actually, BO has appeared to be in a meltdown for some time, but one can only expect that as the polls shift it will weigh heavily on him.

All I can say is that if this is the case, it will be a most gratifying moment – the moment I have been living for. I want to see this POS suffer through the remaining weeks of the campaign knowing that he has already lost.

It’s nothing compared to the suffering he has inflicted on millions of Americans – as we watch him golf, party, vacation, lie about the economy, rape the taxpayers, lie about dead Americans, ignore responsibilities and whine about how hard his $400K/yr “job” is.

He deserves that much and more – much more.

Cody1991 on October 18, 2012 at 5:36 PM

God, you are funny, you AP, not God.

Thanks for the laughs.

Schadenfreude on October 18, 2012 at 5:36 PM

hmmm, this election has a totally different feeling, than the one 4 years ago…I fully expect a humpbot upgrade sometime before 11/6/2012, something in 3D perhaps, with symphonic accompaniment ?

runner on October 18, 2012 at 5:36 PM

With the election getting closer, more people are coming to their senses and realizing the country can’t take four more years of Obama.

bw222 on October 18, 2012 at 5:37 PM

rockmom on October 18, 2012 at 5:31 PM

Threats from the King, Holder and Axelturd?

JPeterman on October 18, 2012 at 5:37 PM

… AP is in the corner reduced to a quivering mass of optimism.

PolAgnostic on October 18, 2012 at 5:35 PM

BWAHAHAHAH… AP is in the corner reduced to a quivering mass of optimism=blind drunk and passed out…. ;p

SWalker on October 18, 2012 at 5:37 PM

Resist We Much on October 18, 2012 at 5:33 PM

That cute little number, Kim Jung-un’s wife, Ri Sol-ju, has dropped off the screens over the past couple months. Must be handling Luntz, so to speak.

coldwarrior on October 18, 2012 at 5:37 PM

coldwarrior on October 18, 2012 at 5:33 PM

AMEN!

PolAgnostic on October 18, 2012 at 5:38 PM

TSU-ROMNEY!

tims472 on October 18, 2012 at 5:36 PM

AR-MITT-GEDDON!

ROMPOCALYPSE NOW!

Or my favorite NYPost headline…

O GO!

KingGold on October 18, 2012 at 5:38 PM

Obama’s desperation will goad him to WAG THE DOG with military action against Libya or Iran or….someone. He needs to gin up some votes quick! We need Bill and Hill to “go nuclear” on Obama and shoot the last remaining political capital they have and torpedo the good ship HopeNChange – quick.

johnnybgood on October 18, 2012 at 5:38 PM

Meanwhile, Dear Leader is doing the Jon Stewart show…you know from one Socialist to another.

d1carter on October 18, 2012 at 5:39 PM

Obama’s desperation will goad him to WAG EAT THE DOG
johnnybgood on October 18, 2012 at 5:38 PM

BWAHAHAHAHAH…………………………….

SWalker on October 18, 2012 at 5:39 PM

runner on October 18, 2012 at 5:36 PM

Now witness the server capacity of this armed and fully operational HotGas Election Night Thread #1, #2, #3, #4…

aunursa on October 18, 2012 at 5:39 PM

You know, I might just have to start watching MSNBC and enjoy the growing anxiety and freak out for the next three weeks.

Election night will be delicous.

WisRich on October 18, 2012 at 5:40 PM

“This is a big f**king bump in the road.”

- Barack OBiden

fogw on October 18, 2012 at 5:40 PM

From the comments at youtube of the Biden clip:

“We are at war with Iran???? I would think this is just a bunch of malarkey but Joe Biden always says what he means and means what he says.”

crowhop on October 18, 2012 at 5:40 PM

SWalker on October 18, 2012 at 5:37 PM

You say PO-TA-TO and I say PO-TA-TO but “Uncle Joe” just says “VODKA!”

PolAgnostic on October 18, 2012 at 5:41 PM

The Philadelphia Inquirer has crowed for weeks about Obama leading in the Susquehanna poll. I’m going to guess, without looking, that they are not crowing about this poll. I am going to go out on a limb and add that it will not appear on their web site at all.

If someone finds a story in the Inquirer, link it here. That means Hell is serving Popsicles.

Philly on October 18, 2012 at 5:41 PM

coldwarrior on October 18, 2012 at 5:37 PM

Either that or she has been sent to one of Son of Lil’ Kim’s reeducation camps to learn that she must wear her “Dear Leader” pin.

Resist We Much on October 18, 2012 at 5:42 PM

SWalker on October 18, 2012 at 5:37 PM

You say PO-TA-TO and I say PO-TA-TO but “Uncle Joe” just says “VODKA!”

PolAgnostic on October 18, 2012 at 5:41 PM

BWAHAHAHAH… Actually it’s Newcastles if I remember correctly… ;)

SWalker on October 18, 2012 at 5:42 PM

lorien1973 on October 18, 2012 at 5:36 PM

I was guessing because AP wanted to write it. I saw that it was by MKH.

akaniku on October 18, 2012 at 5:42 PM

The People’s Republic of Philadelphia ain’t having no poll where Romney is in the lead.

Philly on October 18, 2012 at 5:43 PM

keep this pic for election day, k allah?

then pop in the atomic bomb when the final results are known :)

cmsinaz on October 18, 2012 at 5:44 PM

“Yes, I said closer! Move all our money into Michigan and Pennsylvania and spam Big Bird at point blank range!”
“At that range we won’t last long against those Rove Destroyers!”
“We’ll last longer than we will against Mitt’s Death Star! And we might take a few electoral votes with us!”

HitNRun on October 18, 2012 at 5:44 PM

They know

Schadenfreude on October 18, 2012 at 5:45 PM

Resist We Much on October 18, 2012 at 5:42 PM

Musta left it on my nightstand.

coldwarrior on October 18, 2012 at 5:45 PM

runner on October 18, 2012 at 5:36 PM

nice

cmsinaz on October 18, 2012 at 5:45 PM

That means Hell is serving Popsicles.

Philly on October 18, 2012 at 5:41 PM

Not if Moochelle has anything to say about…and some day she will.

OTTO on October 18, 2012 at 5:46 PM

can we get to the juicy stuff…i mean the rotten stuff at the bottom of the barrel…that kind of juice

so what’s gloria alred up to? and is something going to drop next Monday, and what will it be. If alred is involved it would be a victim of Romeny, most likely female…maid? Illegal? Sexual Harassment? That is basically her portfolio

r keller on October 18, 2012 at 5:46 PM

About “it”

OTTO on October 18, 2012 at 5:46 PM

Let’s have a new daily blog post that is specifically designed to mock people at MSNBC and attach videos of them crying. Like the one with Chris Matthews saying Romney violated the Constitution when he challenged Obama and told him to sit down.

nitzsche on October 18, 2012 at 5:46 PM

Schadenfreude on October 18, 2012 at 5:45 PM

Gonna miss nNwsweek a bit.

Obama?

Not one damn bit.

coldwarrior on October 18, 2012 at 5:46 PM

“I can see American troops fighting in Tehran from the Naval Observatory!”

- Vice-President Joe Biden, 18 October 2012

Resist We Much on October 18, 2012 at 5:47 PM

This Romney surge, this preference cascade, is so powerful now that when Team Zero drops a nasty October Surprise or two — and you know they’re coming — it is just going to PISS voters off even more (like the fake employment numbers did), and the cascade is going to pick up even more steam. Irony…or poetic justice?

Rational Thought on October 18, 2012 at 5:47 PM

Gonna miss Newsweek a bit.

coldwarrior on October 18, 2012 at 5:46 PM

for the love of Beer, what could you possible miss about Newspeak?

SWalker on October 18, 2012 at 5:48 PM

Let’s arrange for the hosing down and fumigating of the White House once the grifter couple is evicted.

bayview on October 18, 2012 at 5:48 PM